FM16 Youth Academy Challenge

A lot of updates to go through in more detail soon!

I have updated post #2 with everyone's information.

I am semi afk for the next 5-6 days due to family flying in for a long Thanksgiving weekend vacation here, but I will endeavor to update as I can.

Almost through my season 8, but that has to take a back seat as well for now.

Good luck to all the new challengers posting!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A lot of updates to go through in more detail soon!

I have updated post #2 with everyone's information.

I am semi afk for the next 5-6 days due to family flying in for a long Thanksgiving weekend vacation here, but I will endeavor to update as I can.

Almost through my season 8, but that has to take a back seat as well for now.

Good luck to all the new challengers posting!

I have posted reset dates on pg4 could you add those?

kpv%20logo.png

-Season 2016-

Ykkönen - 5th

Suomen Cup - 5th round

League | Youth Intake | Transfers

Everyting went well in my 1st season at the club, actually way above my expectations. I had a really small squad but the youth intake helped me to use some rotation in the last few games of the season. Next season will be tougher, board has higher expectations but I will lose quite many first team players as they will not sign a new contract to the club. Hopefully some players from the 2016 youth intake are able to step in.

Early in the season board announced to upgrade youth facilites as I made a request, but it was cancelled because of the financial situation later in the season. Sad. Still got a 1-year extension to my contract and Im ready for season 2017 in Finland.

Is this all the required screenshots?

Hey Jimbo. For the purposes of this challenge, there can be zero signings , period :(

Hi. Thanks for that. :thup:

I didn't really mean in connection with this challenge. I meant more in general. You guys are all playing in a similar style so I thought you might give me decent responses either way.

This is the first time for me playing FM sinds FM09, so it will be a big challenge for me the get into it again.

And i came by this challenge and it looked very interesting so i will give it a try.

I will be going with Staines, who have promoted to the Vanarama South Division

Prediction: 21st

Aiming for: Avoiding Regelation

Squad: Very Basic with very little margine for injuries

Advanced Settings

Manager Profile: I went with a balanced profile, not sure if this is gonna be the right way to go.

Facilities: Basic facilities, i will be aiming to upgrade these as soon as possible.

Finances: Positif, but barely. I will have to manage this to avoid big loans.

Like i said this is my first time here, so i dont know if i covered everything, but i hope i did.

Update for my Staines game:

After only 2 months is only have 13 players left on my side. 2 days after i took over another 5 players left due to pre-determined transfers>

Among these 13 players i have 3 goalkeepers, so i'll have to start over.

I,m running a new holliday season now.

I'm starting this. Going back to England, as i had most enjoyable save ever last year there, this challenge with FC United. Got them up to play off spaces in Championship but then my PC broke down and i lost everything. Started this with Parma, got promoted to Serie B, started new season quite decently, only lost against Genoa (for those that play with Parma, Balachich, what his name, right winger, is absolute beast, try him out, nevermind bad looking attributes, he's toying with Seria B defences), but it just doesn't feel right. I need England. :D

Sad that i can't play with Red Rebels again, since they're in Conference, but looking forward to new experience, with some other club. Currently simulating through first season, will report back later.

Edit:

195px-HistonFClogo.png

Histon it is... I considered Blyth, because Spartans, the whole mythology around them, it would be a nice touch. But their facilities were too awful. Histon isn't whole lot better, but they got Average youth recruitment, which could be a big plus. Also, iirc, some member from here played with them and got me hooked to get my FC United save rolling last year. Players (Squad Part1, Squad Part2) ain't that rubbish, i guess, but we're missing a lot of players in the heart of the midfield, which could be a problem. Some retraining will had to be done. Here are my attributes and reputation.

I'll report back at the end of the season. Wish me luck guys.

Lusitania Açores - National Division F - Season 2018-2019

First phase: 1th

Promotion phase: 2nd

Promotion play-off: WINNERS!!!!

We started the season in an incredible way. We won 7 of our first 9 games and drew the other 2 games. We also conceded 3 goals in these first 9 games. But the 2nd part of the first phase was a bit rougher. We lost games and drew to much games, but luckily for us we could keep our 1th place. So we were qualified for the first time for the promotion stage. My goal for this promotion stage was to be a learning phase to attempt getting promoted next season. But it turned out to be a bit different. From day 2 we were at least in 2nd place. Before the last game, against Praiense, we were 1th with 2 points more than Loures. An equal or better result as Loures in our last game means automatic promotion. A morse result means a promotion play-off game against 2nd placed Trofence from the other promotion league. It was a very nervous game, and nothing much happend in the first half. But the good news was that Loures was 2-0 down at half time. Almost sure of promotion, the players didn't do much on the pitch. Loures from the other hand equaled the game very fast, 2-2. I puched to players forward, because 1 more goal for Loures and they would get promotion. And 6 minutes before the end of the game, we finally found the net, 1-0!!! At almost the same moment Loures scored another one, 2-3 so we definitly need to win our game. But in minute 90 disaster struck and Praiense equaled the game 1-1, and put us out of automatic promotion. Nothing happend in the last minutes of overtime, and we would face another 2 hard games to gain promotion. This was very hard to take.

So promotion play-offs it is, and we would face Trofense. A team that relegation last season from the second division. The other 2 relegated teams were Oliveirense and Loures, both teams won allready promotion. So it would be a hard challenge. But it seems that we have a mentally very mature group of players. They won the first game 2-1 at home, with the winning goal scored in the last second of the extra time.

In the second leg we only need a draw to secure promotion, and we would play counter attack. We didn't need a goal and Trofense wasn't able to crack our great defenders. With our first counter attack we opened the score. In the last minute of the game we double our lead 0-2 and secured promotion!!!!

Next season Lusitania Açores will play for the very first time in the second division. A huge achievement. It will be a hard season, but we will learn a lot.

We were also named as the most improved team of the season.

Games:

Cup: made it 1 round further than the previous years, but was than eliminated by first division team Boavista with 3-1

Youth intake: Very happy with the intake, and I believe it's the best intake of all my years at the club.

Nuno Almeida (YP3a): DR/DC, very welcome DR. Straight into the first team.

Filipe Ferreira (YP3b): GK, back up next season but will probably get some game time because my main goal keeper will be away a couple of times with the national U19 team.

Carlos Melo (YP3c): ST, but I have my doubts he will made it to the first team ever. U19 next season.

Carlos Valente (YP3d): Also a ST, but I have bit more hope with him.

Luis Vaz (YP3e): AMR, U19 next season.

Ruben (YP3f): DL, U19 next season.

Tiago Diniz (YP3g): MC, back up next season.

Transfers: None

Finances: Getting even worse. I hope that my promotion will provide us some money. No upgrades due this terrible finances.

Goals last season:

Make it to the promotion phase: SUCCES

Have a cup run: FAILURE

Goals next season

Staying out of any relegation battle

Get a cup run

Better my finances

Here is the background of the save:

File:G.D._Fabril_logo.svg

1876: Alfredo da Silva founds the Companhia União Fabril, commonly known as CUF was for many years the biggest employer and exporter of Portugal, run as a family owned conglomerate.

1937: A works team was created in 1937, Grupo Desportivo da CUF do Barreiro.

1940: Name changed to Unidos Futebol Clube do Barreiro.

1942: The team is promoted to the top league.

1942: Alfredo da Silva dies.

1943: Team is relegated from top league.

1944: Name changed back to Grupo Desportivo da CUF do Barreiro.

1954: Champions of second division, back to top league.

1965: Best finish in top league, 3rd place and gained a place in the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup.

1965: Wins 2-0 ate home against giants AC Milan(2nd round), loses 0-2 in Italy and 0-1 in the replay game, played also in Italy.

1966: Moved to the current stadium, Estádio Alfredo da Silva with 22k seats.

1967: Out in 1st round of the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup against FK Vojvodina.

1969: Reached the semi-finals of the Portuguese cup.

1972: Out in 2nd round of the Uefa Cup against 1.FC Kaiserslautern.

1973: Reached the semi-finals of the Portuguese cup.

1974: Portuguese revolution, the CUF conglomerate is nationalized, the economic repercussions will be felt by the group, city and club in the next years.

1976: Relegation from the top league.

1978: Name changed to Grupo Desportivo Quimigal do Barreiro.

1992: Relegated from the last of the professional divisions.

2000: Wins the regional division, promoted to the 3rd Division.

2000: Name changed to the current name of Grupo Desportivo Fabril do Barreiro.

2001: Relegated to the regional division.

2007: Wins regional division, promoted to the 3rd Division.

2013: 3rd Division is disbanded, return to the regional division.

2014: Wins regional division, promoted to the Campeonato Nacional de Seniores.

2015: Relegated to the regional division.

2016: Wins regional division, promoted to the Campeonato Nacional de Seniores.

2016: Hires Hugo Carmona as new Manager.

A team that was once good saw itself embroiled in the middle of internal tensions and strife that saw the golden years of both company and club start a steep decline.

The company was slowly bought back by a family member group and has started investing in nanotechnology thinking in the future, even if there is no more links between club and company the new manager wants to also invest in youth thinking in the future.

Season goals:

1. Battle against relegation.

2. Try to give some minutes to youth intake.

Save goals:

1. Win Champions League

2. Win Top Division

3. Win Top Cup

4. Win Europa League

5. Eliminate AC Milan in Europe.

6. Be the top talent creator in Portugal

7. Have a player play for Portugal

8. Have a player play for Portugal U21

9. Have a player play for Portugal U19

10.Win two titles in a season

11 Win three titles in a season

12.Win four titles in a season

13.Win five titles in a season

14.Win six titles in a season(European Supercup and European Cup, national supercup, champion, both national cups)

15.Have player win Golden Booth

16.Have player win Golden Ball

17.Have player with the most National team Caps

18.Have player with the most National team goals

19.Have player with the most Top Division goals

20.Have player with the most Top Division appearances

OK, let's give this a go - Denmark here we come!

204px-Soslashlleroslashd-Vedbaeligk.png

HunterKiller - Boldklubben Søllerød-Vedbæk - 2016/17

Profile - Facilities - Squad - Finances

Formed in just 2002 (making me a frankly horrifying 20 years older than the club I'm managing), this is the club's first season in the Danish Second Division proper. Finances are currently healthy as all players are on amateur contracts, and my first job will be to get as many as possible signed to semi-pro before they all disappear. On the positive side the first team squad is a nice size, and the B team and Under-19s also have some players in. DM and LB could be problem positions however should injuries strike.

I've tagged a couple of youth players currently at the club who may see some first team action this year:

Adam Jeppesen (YP0a) - Decent first touch and passing ability should see him play a few games in the centre of midfield.

Christian Pedersen (YP0b) - He's pacy and determined and my formation does utilize wingers; needs work on his technical skills though.

We're 100-1 to get promoted - I think that's underestimating the challenge!

An on the 12th game of the season a victory!!!

It's been my greatest challenge so far, 21 players at the beginning, 1 retired, lots of them on amateur contracts, 4 of them did not want to be at Fabril, my best player a DM did stay, but the four best players after him left.

16 players to work it is not ideal, when most of them are defenders, harder, when at the beginning of the season both goalkeepers and the best two central defenders get injured it was disaster.

I played around with the tactics until I got to a level that I got around the same shots and possession that the other team had but only got the ocasional draw.

My final adjustment got us the first win, let's see if I can survive.

End of first phase last by 3 points.

Relegation stage I start with 5 points to the the first safe place.

My two best right-backs are injured and my best central defender recovering from a short injury.

Sixten games to go, hopefully my youth intake can help in the last games.

240px-FC_08_Homburg_Logo.svg.png

Youth Academy Challenge: FC 08 Homburg (Germany)

The Manager // The Club // The Facilities // The Squad // The Youth Squad // No Transfers

Season 2018 / 2019 3. Liga, 14th place // League Table // Season Positions

Season Review: A season i am really happy with. The positions might not show it, but we had never anything to do with relegation. We were always enought points clear of the drop zone. That was perfect for the first season with youngsters in the squad. Interesting tidbit: I started studying for my first coaching qualification.

Key Players:

Murat Bildirci: Our best player of the season. Really stepped up again and became a goalscoring thread from attacking midfield. Best in the league in key passes.

Azur Velagic: Another good season from our „surprise player“. He is so constant. Has never a bad game, not much injurys, doesn't need long rests. And he can play in a few positions. Again a few assists and man-of-the-match-performances made him an asset. And again he was part of the team of the season.

Youth Players in the first team:

Idris Han [YP 17a]: Our first youngster who broke in the first team. Was a starter from the beginning of the season. Was with his pace a threat on the right side of the pitch. Had some goals and assists, but some bad games too. But on this age that's only natural.

Ibrahim Bah [YP 17d]: It doesn't look like he has the potential to really help us in the long run, but because we've since the beginning only one central midfielder in the squad, he had a lot of games in his first season with the big boys and i was impressed. Played most of the time as a substitute, but had some good games.

Simon Mayer [YP 17c]: Because our second striker Kai Hesse got an 11 months injury which ended his carrer (he retired) the youngster was our striker backup, even he wasn't really ready for that. Struggled long until he got his first goal, but he head some promising games after he finally scored.

New Youth Intake: Good intake. The first one, we didn't take all players, because our youth team is crowded now and we have enough options. Steffen Backmann [YP 19a], Özkan Gökce [YP 19b] and Christian Ahr [YP 19c] are the most promising ones according to my assistant.

Hot Prospects in the youth team:

Noel Dörfel [YP 17b]: allowed to play in the first team next year and will get a lot of game time as central defender, but his disciplinary record is a problem: 6 red cards again!

Marc Dietz [YP 18a]: I hope he'll be our future goalscorer, but he must improve in vision and passing. I like strikers who are part of the offensive setup and not only the end of the attack.

Jan-Philipp Füllkrug [YP 18c] Makes not much progress in re-training as a central defender, because i've seen to late that my youth manager plays him on the right side. This will change in the upcoming season. Will be eligible for the first team, but because of the re-training he'll stay in the youth squad.

Steffen Backmann [YP 19a] a much needed central midfielder, who is already improving. Nice passing!

Özkan Gökce [YP 19b] another central midfielder, but his first weeks in the club didn't show a lot. Could be technical not good enough to help us really...

Christian Ahr [YP 19c] a fast player who could become a good full-back. Is the first player, we good an offer for. FC St. Pauli wanted to pay 100k and 50% percent of his next transfer fee. But he wanted to stay.

Season Preview: We want to have another season without the fear of relegation. A mid-table finish is the aim. But the most important thing is, that we can integrate some more youngsters in the first team. And we need to be careful. The media thinks again, we'll finish last. And with one relegation, everything is over.

One last tidbit: I got a message, that i get a participation on a transfer from a former youth player, but i've never seen the guy. As his player page shows, he left the club as i was in charge already, but unfortunate he was too young to be listed in the youth intake. So i never had the chance to get him. Damn!

@Shakes that is unfortunate.

In desperation before the first phase ended I started applying the Ass Man tactical suggestions and started getting some draws and the odd victory. It seems that doing some friendlies so my players where in top fitness/morale made some difference in the relegation phase.

I got a draw on the first game and a victory against a team that had injuries to some important players.

My goalkeeper and back four and defensive midfielder are good and my top players, as long as I can keep them healthy, training defensive positioning, playing defensive and with the Ass Man adjustments it seems there are 2-3 chances for each team each game, so far I had the luck of some offsides for the opponents in the first match and poorer player upfront due to injury on the second game.

I have to win against my direct opponents or else I'm as good as relegated.

Five games until the youth intake and then the final 6 games, no injuries and some talented players up front would do a world of difference.

2mm60lj.png

Finished my first season with the Ilkeston FC Robins. The first month was painful, as I had 18 non-grayed players on the roster. In the August window, my best center back and both keepers left for other clubs, leaving me with exactly four defenders (one 16 years old), with two center midfielders who could also play right back in a pinch. Our experienced full backs suffered from poor motivation all season, knowing that I had no one to put in should I want to bench them for poor form (both refused to sign new contracts, so they know they are on the way out). So, even though we scored a 3rd best 71 goals in the league, we allowed a league-worst 87. The keeper I took in on youth intake day moved immediately into a starting position on the senior squad. Still, we managed to narrowly avoid relegation (and I narrowly kept my job):

20ku82o.png

The youth intake was large and quite promising:

2s9zity.png

Unfortunately, I see only a bit of help with my thinness on defense. I've signed my best strikers to longer term contracts, so training defenders (and a defensive midfielder, which the team currently lacks) will be a priority for season two.

Nice season Kazushi80, seems pretty comfortable for you at the moment!

Good start Alokari, always a plus to get the first season out of the way! 27 goals for Atkinson seems like a good return.

Your keeper must be exhausted MrAmbiorix, not a bad result against Liverpool though. How much money did you make?

Good start Alokari, always a plus to get the first season out of the way! 27 goals for Atkinson seems like a good return.

Your keeper must be exhausted MrAmbiorix, not a bad result against Liverpool though. How much money did you make?

Well the game got televised so i got 200k from that.

I played at home so only 4000 people there, not so many gate receips

Thanks. Unfortunately next season was not so good, but the real start of the challenge is now. because of the regulation for youth players in germany the first season were about surviving with the old squad. Now it's about progressing with the young squad.

The Manager // The Club // The Facilities // The Squad: GK + D & M + A // The Youth Squad // No Transfers

Season 2019 / 2020 3. Liga, 16th place // League Table // Season Positions

Season Review: A disappointing season. A relegation battle with a lof of bad games. Not as much youngster progress as i've hoped.

Key Players:

André Killian: Our skipper is a force on the field with the most distance covered in the whole league. Hope he stays fit and will lead the youngsters for a lot more seasons. Will be club all time record player next season, if there are no big injurys.

Azur Velagic: The allrounder played every single league game again and he played never bad. Will have fewer games next season, because more youngsters give us more squad depth.

Patrick Schmidt: 14 goals, 11 assists, was essential for our survival.

Idris Han (YP 17a): Should be a regular in the first team, but was injured all the time. His injury proness hurts us and his progress, so don't know how long he will be in the team.

Noel Dörfel (YP 17b): First season in the first team and i was right: his disciplinary record is a problem. He is a good player, but i need to sub him off most of the games, because he's in danger getting a red card.

Ibrahim Bah (YP 17d)

Simon Mayer (YP 17c)

New Youth Intake: A little bit disappointing, at least a promising attacking mid, because i need rather sooner than later a player there. And the right winger could help us, too. Wassim Messaoudi (YP 20a) and Johannes Assenmacher (YP 20b) are the most promising ones according to my assistant.

Marc Dietz (YP 18a)

Steffen Backmann (YP 19a)

Mehmet Yardımcı (YP 19d): made a real jump in potential and in some of his stats and my staff thinks now he's could be one of the best players at the club.

Wassim Messaoudi (YP 20a)

Johannes Assenmacher (YP 20b)

Season Preview: We need progress! Now! A lof of youngster will feature in the first team next season, but they need to deliver, too. I want a secure mid-table finish, around 10th place. It's no excuse that the media thinks again, we'll finish bottom.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCDs45k2T1bkRt1tmZ5XPqUhQECQ5g52vbA-wIemo6vonHLLRd

Season 7 - 2022/2023 - Liga Adelante - 10th

League Table Transfers Manager Profile Squad Season review Team of the Year end of season stats Overall Best Eleven

Another decent season and another exciting race for the play-off spots, but just like last season we did not do so great in the second half of the season. We certainly aren't ready yet for the step-up anyway so that's fine with me. Our squad is still young and that shows in the consistency (or lack thereof). In the cup we were beaten by La Liga side Tenerife. But, of course, the main thing happening this season was the tycoon take-over. Sant Andreu is now in the hands of Israeli businessman Raz Edri . All the debts are gone, our wage budget has quadrupled, and he's improving the training and youth facilities at once, allowing much more coaches, and he's expanding the stadium (because the Barcelona council wouldn't let him build a new one). I'm also able to get higher licenses for me and the other staff. I just hope he won't be too impatient, seeing that so far he's not up for the philosophy of giving our own youth a chance. Of course I get a tycoon in the save where I can't buy players, heh, but progress on the facilities, youth recruitment and wages are very welcome of course. We actually made it to the top rich list .

Youth update Probably the best youth-intake so far, even before most of the facility-work has been done. We still didn't get a decent striker though, which we need more than anything to become a better team. I have tagged a lot of them, but I doubt that they will all make it.

Somehow I forgot or lost the screenshots to a couple of players, sorry about that; YP7a-MARc Nanclares is an AMR/AMC with a lot of potential, and YP7c-Alfredo Muñoz is an ML whom I hope can adapt to become a good AML later on.

YP7b-Eloi Varela, DR another right-back, but seeing that some of the previous ones haven't progressed quite like I wanted them too, he's definitely welcome.

YP7d-Fermín Merino, DC Central-defenders are always welcome, although his technical stats need obvious improving.

YP7e-Liborio Ruiz, MC/AMC He looks decent but his issue will be the immense competition for the midfield-positions.

YP7f-Sergi Cañete, MC The same as Ruiz.

YP7g-Bruno Fuster, GK He's the best goalkeeper from 7 intakes... Luckily our goalkeeper is still not too old, so maybe this guy will be decent enough to play once he leaves, but I'm concerned.

YP0a-Sergi Castillo, DM [DC/MC] He's still playing most matches, even though his development has been stalling for the last couple of seasons now. I do like the fact that he has already played more than 250 games for the club though.

YP0b-Lluis Maso, SC Still the main striker, but sadly he was injured for a couple of months in the early part of the season. When he came back though, he still scored a good amount of goals.

YP1b-Josep Maese, DM [DC/MC] He might be a little bit better than Castillo, but it's still not absolutely clear who will be the main defensive midfielder for the years to come.

YP1d-Josep Lardín, AMR Although he's already nearing his peak as far as ability is concerned, he does perform quite well for us. Even so, for the future he might be replaced by some of the youths with much higher potential.

YP2a-Francesc, MC/DM Had an excellent season and is the main man in the middle of the field/team.

YP4a-Vicente Conde, AMC Was ever-present in the first team, and showed very good quality football at times.

I'm not showing the defenders as I rotated them; there wasn't really one that performed all that well (as you can also see by the amount of goals we conceded).

For next season I'm hoping to make the play-offs. We should be able to, the only clubs that were obviously better than us have been promoted. I'm also curious to see how the improved facilities and coaches will improve our club and players, and of course, the next youth-intake(s).

I realised i never made a post for my 2nd attempt at this challenge

So for my 2nd attempt i will be taking over as manager from Darlington 1883, formerly know as Darlington FC they where a regular side in the League 2 after being forced down.

Now under the name Darlington 1883, i will try to bring them back to their former glory.

Darlington 1883 Season Start of season 2016/2017

Darlo_zpsxpcmnsts.png

Season expectations: Avoid Relegation, like any other team who have just promoted, my aim is to just survive in the Vanarama National League North

FA Cup expectation: 3rd Q round of the Cup

FAT expectation: reach First round of the FAT

Facilities: Very basic facilities, althou a stadium expansion is already under way. I will have a capacity of 4000 at the end of February.

Squad: decent squad with a few good players, if the fullback positions are a bit of an issue, specially if i might get suspensions or injuries.

Finances: Almost 800k in the bank with any depts, so a nice reserve for in times of need.

Update from my first season will follow soon

Unfortunately, the second season featured an only marginally improved defense combined with a total goal drought by Atkinson (as well as a rash of injuries to my first 3 strikers). I was playing 3-4 youth intake players on regular rotation by January because of injuries, and it showed in league-worst goals and goals allowed. The board sacked me in February.

Still, for a first challenge, I learned a few things about how to develop a team. I think I'll give it another go.

My Lusitania Açores save crashed last Friday. Lost the first 15 games of the season and don't had the courage to play them again. One of the problems of replaying those games was that I lost my 4 key-players who didn't want to sign a new contract. The other problem was that we played extremelly bad and coud only gain 1 point out of my first 15 games. Never had a bad run as that one.

So I started again in Italy with a team I've never heard of, Foligno.

Played my first season, and will post a season review later today.

Foligno - Serie C/B - Season 2016/2017

Prediction: 16th (forgot to take ascreenshot)

Final Position: 13th

We you want a real challenge you have to take over a team without a GK and only 1 crappy ST (only noticed it after I became the manager). And a challenge it was. I won my first game of the season 3-0, and I thought missing a GK wasn't giong to be a big problem. Oh boy, I couldn't be more wrong. We couldn't get another win in our next 13 games, and I was in a real relegation battle. Luckily for us there was 1 team even worse, Novese, the team we beat on the first day. Only 1 team will got a straight relegation, the teams between places 14 and 17 will battle against each other for the other 2 relegation places.

And than we won 2 games in a row, but we still were on a relegation play-off place. 1win in the bext 7 games didn't help us a lot. In the next 3 games we gain 7 points, keeping the gap to the save places at max 6 points. 8 games before the end of the season we got are new youngsters, and uckily for us there was a decent GK. In these last 8 games we only lost 2 games, and 1 game before the end of the season we finally found ourself in 13th place. We only drew our last game, but the other teams failed to overtake us and we did the unthinkable, we stayed up!!!

During the whole season we were only 3 games outside the relegation places. The first 2 games of the season, and the last one. But only the final table matters.

Games:

Serie C cup: Didn't care and went out after the group stage.

Youth intake: 4 potential 5* players. (again seems to have forgotten to take a screenshot, sorry)

Michele Santini (YP1a): AML, straight into the first team.

Alain Vitelli (YP1b): DC/DL, straight into the first team.

Nicolò Lillacci (YP1c): GK, of course straight into the starting 11, because he is the only GK in the team.

Matteo Ristore (YP1d): DR, back up next season.

Transfers: None

Finances: Not so good, but I will get some cups in pre-season to get us out of the red.

Goals next season:

Mid table finish

i have a small question. My goalie refuses to renew his contract, but he's still at my club, but without contract.

Can i still use him or is this against the rules?

Im not the rules manager for this challenge, but I dont see anything why you couldnt use it. As long as he stays in your club you should be able to play him.

It doesnt matter anymore, i got sacked after getting promotion on my first season.

Starting with only 8 points out of 17 games gets you sacked :D

Pro tip. Dont achieve promotion unless you have enough talent to stay up ;) Im on second season now and might reach promotion playoffs. If I do I plan to rest my key players.

Pro tip. Dont achieve promotion unless you have enough talent to stay up ;) Im on second season now and might reach promotion playoffs. If I do I plan to rest my key players.

yea thanks for the tip. I wanted to do that, but i thought getting promotion would let me keep my star player, but he left anyway, so i was screwed all the way :D

Gonna start a new attempt in an hour or so.

Well for my 3rd attempt i'll be taking charge of Dulwich Hamlet.

Following the advice of Yugular i'm gonna take it nice and slow this time. So no more first season promotions for me :D

Dulwich Hamlet: Start

Dulwichhamlet_zps7bj6yijm.png

First of all, I chose this team because it gave me the best Youth Recruitment Level. I absolutely hate the colors, but I'm gonna have to learn to live with that.

My choices

Transfers One incoming trasfer, which had already been arranged befor I took control

Expectations: Avoid Relegation from Vanarama National League South

Expectations: Reach Fourth Qualifying Round of the FA Cup

Expectations: Reach First Round of the FA Trophy

Senior Squad

U21 Squad Not really many players U21 in here

U18 Squad A bit empty for now

Facilities Basic Facilities, like always needs a lot of work

Finances 130k positif balance, I will have to keep an eye on this

I realised i never made a post for my 2nd attempt at this challenge

So for my 2nd attempt i will be taking over as manager from Darlington 1883, formerly know as Darlington FC they where a regular side in the League 2 after being forced down.

Now under the name Darlington 1883, i will try to bring them back to their former glory.

Darlington 1883 Season Start of season 2016/2017

Darlo_zpsxpcmnsts.png

Season expectations: Avoid Relegation, like any other team who have just promoted, my aim is to just survive in the Vanarama National League North

FA Cup expectation: 3rd Q round of the Cup

FAT expectation: reach First round of the FAT

Facilities: Very basic facilities, althou a stadium expansion is already under way. I will have a capacity of 4000 at the end of February.

Squad: decent squad with a few good players, if the fullback positions are a bit of an issue, specially if i might get suspensions or injuries.

Finances: Almost 800k in the bank with any depts, so a nice reserve for in times of need.

Update from my first season will follow soon

arghh my hometown club i wanted to be them but they never got promoted could you load up your season so i cold play with them aha

arghh my hometown club i wanted to be them but they never got promoted could you load up your season so i cold play with them aha

Already deleted to save file :p sorry

It's actually the best team to start with in England imo, but the key players arent very keen on signing a new contract

The Manager // The Club // The Facilities // The Squad: GK + D & M + A // The Youth Squad // No Transfers

Season 2020 / 2021 3. Liga, 14th place // League Table // Season Positions

Season Review: Our best and our worst season, yet. First half was amazing. 6th place in winter and flying. Played great football, dominated a lot of matches. Second half was … i don't know. 3 wins in 19 matches after the winter break. At the end it thought we get relegated. And the problem is: I don't know why. Yes, the main problem was, we didn't score, but why? We had 20 shots per game, 4 to 5 clear cut chances, a few half chances, but still no goals. At the end i changed the tactic, put my midfielders deeper, because we conceded to many goals. That helped a little. We got some draws and they helped us surviving. But with this tactic we didn't create chances.

Key Player:

Patrick Schmidt: sometimes i thought he's the only player who knows that the goal of the game is to score goals.

Idris Han (YP 17a)

Noel Dörfel (YP 17b): I repeat myself, but his disciplinary record... Never seen on fm a player who picks up so many yellow cards every season. Of course league leader, but we have as a whole team a problem with to many yellow cards. 4 players in the top-10, 45 yellow cards more than the second team: Another record, of course.

Thorsten Hünemeier (YP 18x)

Patrick Rudolph (YP 18b)

Marc Dietz (YP 18a): First season in the first team, but because of the form of Patrick Schmidt we couldn't give him that much game time. Maybe i switch to a two striker tactic next season. Shot his first goal in the last game of the season.

New Youth Intake: Good. Two really promising players: Maurice Lensch (YP 21a & Alexander Müller (YP 21b).

Steffen Backmann (YP 19a)

Mehmet Yardımcı (YP 19d)

Wassim Messaoudi (YP 20a)

Johannes Assenmacher (YP 20b)

Maurice Lensch (YP 21a)

Alexander Müller (YP 21b)

Season Preview: I am really not sure. I think i need to tweak the tactic and find solutions, because if we play like the second half, we go down for sure. Of course the media prediction is last place again.

My computer totally crashed and I lost everything, including the save-games, which of course I only saved locally. I had actually made it to the highest league in Spain and with the tycoon things were looking up... it was one of the funnest saves I played in quite a while. No more Sant Andreu :-( I might try this challenge again, but I'm not sure yet.

My computer totally crashed and I lost everything, including the save-games, which of course I only saved locally. I had actually made it to the highest league in Spain and with the tycoon things were looking up... it was one of the funnest saves I played in quite a while. No more Sant Andreu :-( I might try this challenge again, but I'm not sure yet.

Oh ****. sorry to hear that.

BadgeKettering_Town.png

KETTERING TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB

Transfers - Profile - Squad - Facilities

I've chosen to start with Kettering due to the facilities they have, much better than the other promoted clubs. The squad is also thankfully large (if you count the U-21 squad), although many players are on non-contracts so I'll have to make decisions there. Here's hoping to a great career!

Do note that two transfers were done prior to my arrival at the club.

Board Objectives

• Avoid Relegation from Vanarama Conference North
  • Reach Third Qualifying Round of FA Cup
  • Don't get outclassed in FA Trophy

Personal Objectives

• Avoid Relegation from Vanarama Conference North
  • Reach Third Qualifying Round of FA Cup
  • Do well in FA Trophy
  • Have good Youth Intake

SACKED // League Table

A message i didn't know anymore. Don't think i ever got sacked on fm15, but after the poor performance it was inevitable. We were so bad. It started with 14 injuries in pre-season, 11 players missing for the first game, but this is not excuse. In the end i was like a headless chicken. Desperately trying to turn it around i changed the tactic every game and the results got worse. At the end we got smashed 3 games in a row....

Will be given the youth challenge another try, but this time in a nation, where it's allowed to use the young players earlier.

The End: FAILURE

Archived