The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 18/07/2017 at 07:59, vikeologist said:

@darren1983 Have you never tried this challenge before. I'm surprised, maybe because you're so familiar to me on the challenge threads generally. I also reached a plateau with the youth challenge. I'd gone backwards a little bit in fact after losing probably the best Russian player of any generation. Hope you enjoy the challenge. In many ways it's the opposite of the youth challenge. Intakes and facilities don't matter; win now, forget later.

I did give this challenge a go quite late on last year (around September time) but wasn't really enough time to get into it (probably left it a bit late this year too if I want to complete it before 18 comes out) 

In this challenge it feels like I've gone from one extreme to another which is quite fun, not had time to play all week which has been annoying but got the weekend to myself so gonna crack on. 

2028/29 Season review - Hibernian

Team badge

I'm not going to write some long winded post, to be honest the season overall has been pretty rubbish so I'll keep it short!

Scottish Premier League - We were predicted to end 3rd and for most of the season it looked like we would end there or thereabouts but a really poor end to the season, mainly after the split put pay to any chances of a top 3 finish and we ended the season in  4th place, some way off the teams above us. Another thing to note is it's the first time since I started the save that Celtic didn't win the SPL. At the mid way point they were 8th, they sacked their manager, I applied for it but was turned down. They ended up finishing 3rd, Hearts winning the league with Rangers 2nd.

Cups - We had already been knocked out of the League Cup before I took the job. We were knocked out in the 4th Round of the Scottish Cup against Queen of the South, who are in League One.

What now? - I'm going to stick around, I can't leave and spend another year or more waiting for a new job but I need a bigger and better job to start winning more trophies. Unfortunately my rep has dropped to 60% so finding and getting a proper top job may be hard but I have to find a better job than Hibs, no offence to them but I need to win something and something now!

Season   Team    Position  Notes and Achievements
17/18	Thanda Royal Zulu	1st	South African 1st Division Champs
18/19	Thanda Royal Zulu	1st	South African Premier Division Champs
19/20	Thanda Royal Zulu	2nd 	SA Knockout Cup and Super 8 Winner
2021	Thanda Royal Zulu	African Champions League Winners
2022	Shanggang		1st	Chinese Super League, Chinese Cup and Asian Champions League Winners
23/24	Cruz Azul		4th/4th	Mexican Opening Stage and Mexican Cup Champions
24/25	Cruz Azul		1st/6th	Nothing Won!
26/27 	Monterray		1st/1st	Opening/Closing Stage Winner and NACL Winners
28/29 	Hibernian		4th		Nothing won

International
2028 -	Ivory Coast		2029 ACON Winners

Challenge Progress

Club

3/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa - Thanda Royal Zulu 2019, China - Shanggang 2022, Mexico - Cruz Azul 2024)

3/10 domestic cups (South Africa - Thanda Royal Zulu 2020, China - Shanggang 2022, Mexico - Cruz Azul 2024)

3/5 club continental championships (Africa - Thanda Royal Zulu 2021, Asian - Shanggang 2022, North America - Monterray 2027)

0/1 club world championship

International

1/5 continental tournaments (African Nations - Ivory Coast 2029)

0/2 world tournaments ()

I'm really interested in starting this but was just wandering, do you have to have all the leagues loaded for a nation, and do you have to load them all at the start of the game or can you add them in after completing a country/continent??

Thanks

Just now, Watson156 said:

I'm really interested in starting this but was just wandering, do you have to have all the leagues loaded for a nation, and do you have to load them all at the start of the game or can you add them in after completing a country/continent??

Thanks

Just add and remove them throughout the challenge, though you do have to put some thought into which players you load at the start of the game as this can affect which international teams are manageable. I've probably discussed this in post number 3.

4 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

Just add and remove them throughout the challenge, though you do have to put some thought into which players you load at the start of the game as this can affect which international teams are manageable. I've probably discussed this in post number 3.

Brilliant thanks. I will give an update when I have things started and figured out!

Hi guys. I know this thread is supposed to be just for career updates but I really need your help.

All of a sudden my save is using huge amount of CPU, its up at like 40% even when I'm not doing anything, just sitting on the home screen. When I process through a day its up at 70%+.

Is this just because my save game file has got too big? Is there a way of rectifying it?

Update: It seems something has gone haywire in the background of my save. I went back to my previous saved date which is Feb 2029 (Its now July 2029) and there is hardly any CPU usage, I have looked at my estimate game speed, in the Feb save its 5 stars, the July one is 1.5 stars. Same leagues/same nations/same number of players. So something has clearly gone pete tong. What do I do?!?!?

Update 2: So I decided to go back to February and sim through the rest of the season and see if the high CPU and slow down happened again. I'm sure previously the game slowed down before the season was over. Well I'm now at the end of the season and all seems OK. The only difference to what I posted in my season review was we ended 3rd not 4th. So I'm going to carry on and hope to hell it doesn't slow down at another point. I've set my auto save to every fortnight instead of 6 months just in case something goes wrong

Edited by Cheekybananafm

Mamelodi_Sundowns_F.C._logo.png

Mamelodi Sundowns Season 2048/49 Report

Yet another season finished off with Sundowns. Our aims were essentially the same as last season: to retain the league and hopefully do better in the Champions League. Transfers were again pretty crazy, with no less than 22 million coming in from the 22 players who left the club (13 million just from my wonderkid Sihlangu). I spent more this season, bringing in 14 new players for a total of 14.25 million, still turning a handy profit. Our scouts seem to have finally discovered the continent of South America and so our 3 biggest acquisitions were a Chilean centre back, Peruvian centre mid and a Chilean forward. They all did very well but the midfielder was snapped up by Club Brugge in January as they met his release clause. It seems that as soon as any of my players get to 3.5 stars rated or above, every team in Romania desperately needs to sign them. The other nations follow but for some reason the Romanians are always the first to want my players. Anyways here's how the season went:

Super 8 Cup- won it again. In the 3 games we scored 11 and conceded 0.

KO Cup- I never thought that I would win the same trophy six seperate times while doing this challenge, but somehow it has ended up that way. Beating Kaiser Chiefs 3-0 in the final was a nice way to top it off.

South African FA Cup- Won this one again as well, although it was the least straightforward of the 3 cups.

League- We won it again, never really looked like losing. We only finished 3 points above Kaiser Chiefs, securing it on the last day of the season but we were always in control. 3 in a row now for Sundowns which is always nice.

Champions League- The big one. Could we do better than our first round exit last year? We started off with an easy 13-0 aggregate win over Civics of Namibia before we drew, unbelievably, 8 times CL winners Al Ahly of Egypt. I certainly don't remember the first round being this hard when I was at Royal Eagles! This year however we were up to the challenge and 2 great performances meant that we went through 6-1 on aggregate. Into the second round, and we face none other than 5 times CL winners ES Sahel of Tunisia. The away leg was a tight 2-2 draw where we probably should have won, however we blew them away in the home leg, winning 4-0 and securing our place in the group stage. Reaching the group stage was supposed to be the easy part of this competition! but at least we've already knocked out some good teams. Our group games start up very soon.

Best Players: Top goalscorer- Alexis Pavez (21 goals, 5 assists) Our new Chilean striker had a solid first season and I expect him to be even better next year provided we can hold on to him. My other 5 strikers combined for 35 more goals so plenty of rotation occurred again.

Most assists- Ayanda Lekoelea (8 goals, 12 assists) another pretty decent season from one of my wide midfielders. He's been great ever since I signed him in my first season at Sundowns but his first team place is threatened for next season so we shall see.

Highest avg. rating + most POM- Matar Camara (15 goals, 11 assists, 7.84, 7 POM). Matar seems to get into the end of season awards every season somehow. He spent most of the first half of the season and didn't score his first goal of the season until January but he was great yet again. 

Transfers Results Results 2

So overall a very good season in which we won everything possible and I have now become the greatest manager of all time:

3KgFphM.png

Hopefully we can have a good crack at the Champions League this time and I feel cautiously optimistic about our chances. IM sure the transfer window will once again be ridiculous but hopefully I can replace all the players that leave with equal or better quality ones. That said, registration for the Champions league has already passed so I will be incredibly reluctant to let anyone go. Midway through this season I had a bit of a shortage in centre backs and panicked a bit and ended up buying no less than 6... however they are all really good! it's a shame I can only play 2 at once! it does mean however that if a few get picked off by European clubs we should be absolutely fine. On the international side of things I have decided to take over South Africa. We've played only one game so far: a 4-1 friendly win over Gambia. 

Season       Team             Position         Champs League       Notes and Achievements     
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17      Royal Eagles     2nd                  -               Promoted to South African Premier League
2017/18      Royal Eagles     1st                  -               KO Cup winners, MOTS, CL qualification
2018/19      Royal Eagles     2nd                  -               FA Cup runners up, CL qualification, CL ongoing
2019/20      Royal Eagles     1st              Semi Final          KO Cup winners, FA Cup winners, MOTS, CL qualification
2020/21      Royal Eagles     --               Semi Final          KO Cup winners, Super 8 runners up, left halfway through season for Molde
2021         Molde            1st                  -               Cup winners, MOTS, CL qualification
2022         Molde            --                   -               Undefeated and 1st in the league when I left for Genk
2022/23      Genk             1st                  -               EL Semi finalists
2023/24      Genk             2nd              Group Stage         Super Cup winners, Cup runners up, EL Quarter finalists
2024/25      Genk             1st               Playoff            Cup winners, CL qualification
2025/26      Saint Etienne    3rd                  -               Supercup winners, Cup runners up, EL Semi finals, MOTS, CL qualification
2026/27      Saint Etienne    3rd               Playoff            Cup winners, EL Quarter finals, CL qualification
2027         Jeonbuk          1st              Semi Final          Took over in 6th position, CL qualification
2028         Jeonbuk          1st              CHAMPIONS           Cup winners, MOTS, FA cup best manager, CL qualification, 5th in CWC
2029/30      Tigres        1st + 2nd               -               Cup winners, Libertadores qualification, MOTS
2030/31      Tigres        1st + 1st           CHAMPIONS x2        Quintuple winners, CWC qualification, double CL qualification again, MOTS
2031/32      Tigres      3/4th + 1st     2nd Round + runner up     Recopa winners, CWC Champions, NACL runners up
2032/33      Roma             4th             1st KO Round         Cup semis, CL qualification
2033/34      Roma             1st             1st KO Round         Cup winners, MOTS, CL qualification
2034/35      BMG              1st             1st KO Round         Cup semis, CL qualification
2036/37      Chelsea          2nd             1st KO Round         EFL Cup runners up, FA Cup semis, CL qualification
2037/38      Chelsea          2nd             1st KO Round         FA Cup winners, EFL Cup runners up, CL qualification
2038/39      Chelsea          1st             1st KO Round         MOTS, CL qualification
2039/40      Chelsea          2nd              Semi Final          CL qualification
2040/41      Barcelona        1st             1st KO Round         CL qualification, Cup winners, Supercup winners, MOTS runner-up
2041/42      Barcelona        1st              Runners Up          Unbeaten in the League, Cup winners, Supercup winners, MOTS, CL qual.
2042/43      PSG              1st              CHAMPIONS           Cup winners x2, Supercup winners, CL qualification
2043/44      PSG              1st             1st KO Round         CWC winners, French + Euro Supercup winners, CL qualification
2044/45      Celtic           1st                  -               Cup winners, CL qualification
2045/46      Sundowns         4th                  -               FA Cup runners up
2046/47      Sundowns         1st                  -               Domestic quadruple winners, CL qualification
2047/48      Sundowns         1st                  -               KO Cup winners, African Confed winners, African Supercup winners, CL qual.
2048/49      Sundowns         1st               1st Round          Domestic quadruple winners, CL qualification

Challenge Progress

Club
 10/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa- Royal Eagles, Norway- Molde, Belgium- Genk, South Korea- Jeonbuk, Mexico- Tigres, Italy- Roma, Germany- BMG, England- Chelsea, Spain- Barcelona, France- PSG)
 10/10 domestic cups (South Africa KO Cup- Royal Eagles, Norwegian Cup- Molde, Belgian Cup- Genk, Coupe de la Ligue(France)- Saint Etienne, Korean FA Cup- Jeonbuk, Mexican Cup Opening Stage- Tigres, Italian Cup- Roma, FA Cup- Chelsea, Copa del Rey- Barcelona, Scottish Cup- Celtic)
 4/5 club continental championships (Asian CL- Jeonbuk 2028, Copa Libertadores- Tigres 2031, NACL- Tigres 2031 Champions League- PSG 2043) 
 1/1 club world championship (Tigres 2031)

International
 3/5 continental tournaments (Copa America 2031- Brazil, Gold Cup 2035- Mexico, European Championship 2040- Spain)
 2/2 world tournaments (Confederations Cup 2033- Brazil, World Cup 2034- Brazil)

International:
Season       Team             Notes and Achievements     
----------------------------------------------------------
2018        China U23         Won Asian Games
2019        Cameroon          Started ACON qualification, switched to Algeria
2019        Algeria           Resigned after 2 games
2021        Nigeria           Qualified for world cup, ACON qualification ongoing
2022        Nigeria           Knocked out of World Cup in group stage, resigned
2023        Ivory Coast       Started World Cup and ACON qualifying
2024        Ivory Coast       Qualified for ACON
2025        Ivory Coast       Knocked out of ACON in quarter finals, resigned
2026        Ghana             Qualified for ACON
2027        Ghana             ACON runners up, resigned
2028        SK + France U23   Won U23 Asian Cup, Olympic silver medallists
2029        Brazil            Qualified for World Cup
2030        Brazil            4th in World Cup
2031        Brazil            Copa America Winners!
2032        Brazil            Qualified for World Cup
2033        Brazil            Confederations Cup Winners!
2034        Brazil            World Cup Winners!
2035        Mexico            Gold Cup Winners!
2036        Spain             Started World Cup qualifying
2037        Spain             Qualified unbeaten for the World Cup
2038        Spain             World Cup runners-up
2039        Spain             European International League Div.A Winners!
2040        Spain             European Championship Winners!
2041        Ivory Coast       Missed out on World Cup qualification on goal difference
2042        Ivory Coast       Qualified for ACON
2043        Ivory Coast       Knocked out of ACON in quarter finals, resigned
2044        Egypt             CHAN runners-up
2045        Egypt             Knocked out of ACON in quarter finals, resigned
2046        Senegal           Knocked out of World Cup in quarter finals
2047        Senegal           ACON runners-up, resigned
2048        Nigeria           CHAN Winners, qualified for ACON
2049        Nigeria           Knocked out of ACON in semi finals, resigned

AmaZulu.thumb.jpg.5b328bdf77a7e94fb687533239092bab.jpg

Season Review 2017/18

So after winning promotion in my first half a season the challenge was to make the step up, in order to do so I hit the transfer market looking for higher quality than I had, with the pick of the bunch being top scorer Victor Salazar, we started the season pretty well as we went unbeaten in our first 9 games, we only won 4 as we struggled to break teams down and then struggled to hold on to leads (we conceded in the 88th minute or later to draw games with Kaizer Chiefs, Sundowns and Orlando Pirates) we then lost 3 in row before finding our feet again, at winter break we were 6th, this break would prove to be key for us as during it a Dylan Stoffels came to me complaining about not getting any game time, he was probably the best player in the squad but was a AMC and I didn't use one, so not wanting to lose him I changed formation from a modern 433 to a 4312 as we didn't really have enough quality out wide anyway. The change in formation worked perfectly as our form in the 2nd half of the season was P15 W9 D4 L2. With 2 games to go we were 4th and only 4 points separated the top 5, we suffered only our 2nd defeat in this half to lose 2-0 away to rivals Maritzburg United (11th at the time) before drawing our final game 2-2 with Golden Arrows to finish 5th. If we'd won those 2 games we've have won the league, feels odd to be disappointed with 5th in our fist season.

In the cup we did well, a comfortable run to the final (bar extra time against those gits from Maritzburg again) and a good final saw us beat SuperSport United and land my my first proper piece of silverware. Means we're also in the CAF Confederation Cup, and while this won't count for this challenge I'll be trying to win it in order to boost my reputation.

Season		Team			League		Position	Achievements

2016/17		Amazulu (SA)		ND1		1st		Promotion
2017/18		AmaZulu (SA)		Prem		5th		Cup Win

Challenge Progress

Club
0/10 top domestic leagues
1/10 domestic cups (SA Cup, 2018)
0/5 continental cups
0/1 world club cup

International 
0/5 continental tournaments 
0/2 world tournaments 

Season Review 2020/21

99ge2o.jpg

So Argentina was my next stop and River Plate was the team, The season before the them finished 5th some way of the pace. The squad looked ok but could do with some improving which would be looked into.

29uugzk.jpg

Staff wise again some additions would not go a miss this will be looked into

PRE SEASON

We only had two games we won 1 and lost 1 tinkering with formations and feeling my way through the squad. Seeing who could cut it in my squad

TACTICS

1054ku0.jpg

I Finally settled on my formation for the upcoming season, Hopefully it will prove to be Successful

TRANSFERS

2zhoaaw.jpg

A lot more outgoings than incomings and I was looking to some of the talented youngsters to step up and take their chance. My First transfer target I had identified was Gonzalo Escobar I wanted to get the business done quickly and move for players quickly, Standouts I think were Toledo and Ponce

A tale of two Ponce’s had unfolded and I think I bought the right one..but the board still think hes a waste of money, What do they know? 17 goals says otherwise

2zs6zac.jpg  2ypahjm.jpg  2na7jq1.jpg

LEAGUE

The League campaign I expected to be really difficult with the like of Boca and Huracran, Newells  

The team was taking to the formation really well and looking dangerous going forward, The league was a forgone conclusion the team went unbeaten for the whole season and running away with it

2niv7ra.jpg

COPA ARGENTINA

The team is still in the Copa Argentina but now in the 7th round but playing the last season winners Roserio Central..could go either way..I’m looking to hit the Semi final target at the least

COPA SUDAMERICANA

Looking to go as far as possible in this Competition if I can get lucky on the draws and avoid the Top Brazilian Teams, 

THE FUTURE

A Great first season in Argentina and i have a great team here. I'm not leaving until i have won the Copa Libatadores..so its going to be a long jaunt i think..

Season       Team                   Position               Notes and Achievements

2016                   FC Gute                                          8th                                     None

2017                   FC Gute                                           1st                                    Sweden Second DIV South Svealand 1st Champions!!!!!

2018                  Bohiemians                                     1st                                   League Champions, Irish League cup Winners

2019                 Bohiemians                                      1st                                    League ChampionsIrish League Cup, Irish  Presidents Cup, Irish Leinster Senior Cup

2020/21           River Plate                                        1st                                    League Champions

Challenge Progress

Club
2/10 top domestic leagues Ireland, Argentina
1/10 domestic cups Ireland
0/5 continental cups
0/1 world club cup

International 
0/2 world tournaments 

Just won the Serie A title with Inter, resigned but didn't get the Barcelona job which sucked, I have also applied for the Real Madrid and Chelsea jobs so hopefully I will get one of them.

UPDATE - I didn't get the Real Madrid or Chelsea jobs, gutted as it would of given me a good chance of winning another title.

Inter Title Win.png

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

Mamelodi_Sundowns_F.C._logo.png

Mamelodi Sundowns Mid-Season Report

So as you may have guessed there is only one reason I would be making a mid season update; We finally won the African Champions League!

Tajlqjl.png

Fw0c0LC.png

Here's a quick recap of the season so far:

Super 8 Cup- Played almost exclusively new signings and youngsters but we still won it yet again.

League- After 5 games, we had 3 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss. New signings and youngsters made up the majority of starting teams for these games as well.

Champions League- After our preliminary round heroics, we drew a group with ES Tunis, Kano Pillars and Hearts of Oak. We finished with 5 wins and a loss and topped the group on goal difference over ES Tunis who have won 5 of the last 10 Champions Leagues. We then played Club Africain in the semi finals, winners of 4 of the last 10 Champions Leagues. The first leg was a great 3-0 win away from home and the second was a solid 2-1 victory to send us through pretty comfortably. In the final we faced fellow South Africans Ajax CT (no Kaiser Chiefs this year as they finished 3rd in the league last year, I guess this was the secret to me winning it!) and in the first leg we had a good 2-0 win at home. The return leg was incredibly nervy and my heart rate i'm sure reached record highs. They scored in the first 2 minutes, we had a goal disallowed and hit the woodwork and I thought it might all go wrong but we came back and scored and saw out a 1-1 draw. We were champions of Africa! This was actually only my 4th attempt at this competition but it felt like about the 10th so I am incredibly relieved to have finally won it. 

Best Players (after the 17 games played this season): Captain Ayanda Lekoelea (6 goals, 2 assists) Who led the team to victory with some clutch performances and Alexis Pavez (6 goals, 1 assist) who has been our best striker for the last season and a half. 

Results

So after finally winning the Champions League, I'm planning on resigning from Sundowns immediately so I can speed through some international management. Next update will be the World Cup in 2050 with South Africa as I try not to get sacked and then after that the ACON in 2051. The club side of the challenge is now completely finished for me, just have to secure those last 2 international trophies. We shall see how many more attempts at the ACON it takes! I should be able to get through the time pretty quickly now just holidaying between games so expect the World Cup update pretty soon.

Season       Team             Position         Champs League       Notes and Achievements     
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17      Royal Eagles     2nd                  -               Promoted to South African Premier League
2017/18      Royal Eagles     1st                  -               KO Cup winners, MOTS, CL qualification
2018/19      Royal Eagles     2nd                  -               FA Cup runners up, CL qualification, CL ongoing
2019/20      Royal Eagles     1st              Semi Final          KO Cup winners, FA Cup winners, MOTS, CL qualification
2020/21      Royal Eagles     --               Semi Final          KO Cup winners, Super 8 runners up, left halfway through season for Molde
2021         Molde            1st                  -               Cup winners, MOTS, CL qualification
2022         Molde            --                   -               Undefeated and 1st in the league when I left for Genk
2022/23      Genk             1st                  -               EL Semi finalists
2023/24      Genk             2nd              Group Stage         Super Cup winners, Cup runners up, EL Quarter finalists
2024/25      Genk             1st               Playoff            Cup winners, CL qualification
2025/26      Saint Etienne    3rd                  -               Supercup winners, Cup runners up, EL Semi finals, MOTS, CL qualification
2026/27      Saint Etienne    3rd               Playoff            Cup winners, EL Quarter finals, CL qualification
2027         Jeonbuk          1st              Semi Final          Took over in 6th position, CL qualification
2028         Jeonbuk          1st              CHAMPIONS           Cup winners, MOTS, FA cup best manager, CL qualification, 5th in CWC
2029/30      Tigres        1st + 2nd               -               Cup winners, Libertadores qualification, MOTS
2030/31      Tigres        1st + 1st           CHAMPIONS x2        Quintuple winners, CWC qualification, double CL qualification again, MOTS
2031/32      Tigres      3/4th + 1st     2nd Round + runner up     Recopa winners, CWC Champions, NACL runners up
2032/33      Roma             4th             1st KO Round         Cup semis, CL qualification
2033/34      Roma             1st             1st KO Round         Cup winners, MOTS, CL qualification
2034/35      BMG              1st             1st KO Round         Cup semis, CL qualification
2036/37      Chelsea          2nd             1st KO Round         EFL Cup runners up, FA Cup semis, CL qualification
2037/38      Chelsea          2nd             1st KO Round         FA Cup winners, EFL Cup runners up, CL qualification
2038/39      Chelsea          1st             1st KO Round         MOTS, CL qualification
2039/40      Chelsea          2nd              Semi Final          CL qualification
2040/41      Barcelona        1st             1st KO Round         CL qualification, Cup winners, Supercup winners, MOTS runner-up
2041/42      Barcelona        1st              Runners Up          Unbeaten in the League, Cup winners, Supercup winners, MOTS, CL qual.
2042/43      PSG              1st              CHAMPIONS           Cup winners x2, Supercup winners, CL qualification
2043/44      PSG              1st             1st KO Round         CWC winners, French + Euro Supercup winners, CL qualification
2044/45      Celtic           1st                  -               Cup winners, CL qualification
2045/46      Sundowns         4th                  -               FA Cup runners up
2046/47      Sundowns         1st                  -               Domestic quadruple winners, CL qualification
2047/48      Sundowns         1st                  -               KO Cup winners, African Confed winners, African Supercup winners, CL qual.
2048/49      Sundowns         1st              1st Round           Domestic quadruple winners, CL qualification
2049         Sundowns          -               CHAMPIONS           Super 8 winners, resigned after winning CL

Challenge Progress

Club
 10/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa- Royal Eagles, Norway- Molde, Belgium- Genk, South Korea- Jeonbuk, Mexico- Tigres, Italy- Roma, Germany- BMG, England- Chelsea, Spain- Barcelona, France- PSG)
 10/10 domestic cups (South Africa KO Cup- Royal Eagles, Norwegian Cup- Molde, Belgian Cup- Genk, Coupe de la Ligue(France)- Saint Etienne, Korean FA Cup- Jeonbuk, Mexican Cup Opening Stage- Tigres, Italian Cup- Roma, FA Cup- Chelsea, Copa del Rey- Barcelona, Scottish Cup- Celtic)
 5/5 club continental championships (Asian CL- Jeonbuk 2028, Copa Libertadores- Tigres 2031, NACL- Tigres 2031 Champions League- PSG 2043, African CL- Mamelodi Sundowns 2049) 
 1/1 club world championship (Tigres 2031)

International
 3/5 continental tournaments (Copa America 2031- Brazil, Gold Cup 2035- Mexico, European Championship 2040- Spain)
 2/2 world tournaments (Confederations Cup 2033- Brazil, World Cup 2034- Brazil)

International:
2018        China U23         Won Asian Games
2019        Cameroon          Started ACON qualification, switched to Algeria
2019        Algeria           Resigned after 2 games
2021        Nigeria           Qualified for world cup, ACON qualification ongoing
2022        Nigeria           Knocked out of World Cup in group stage, resigned
2023        Ivory Coast       Started World Cup and ACON qualifying
2024        Ivory Coast       Qualified for ACON
2025        Ivory Coast       Knocked out of ACON in quarter finals, resigned
2026        Ghana             Qualified for ACON
2027        Ghana             ACON runners up, resigned
2028        SK + France U23   Won U23 Asian Cup, Olympic silver medallists
2029        Brazil            Qualified for World Cup
2030        Brazil            4th in World Cup
2031        Brazil            Copa America Winners!
2032        Brazil            Qualified for World Cup
2033        Brazil            Confederations Cup Winners!
2034        Brazil            World Cup Winners!
2035        Mexico            Gold Cup Winners!
2036        Spain             Started World Cup qualifying
2037        Spain             Qualified unbeaten for the World Cup
2038        Spain             World Cup runners-up
2039        Spain             European International League Div.A Winners!
2040        Spain             European Championship Winners!
2041        Ivory Coast       Missed out on World Cup qualification on goal difference
2042        Ivory Coast       Qualified for ACON
2043        Ivory Coast       Knocked out of ACON in quarter finals, resigned
2044        Egypt             CHAN runners-up
2045        Egypt             Knocked out of ACON in quarter finals, resigned
2046        Senegal           Knocked out of World Cup in quarter finals
2047        Senegal           ACON runners-up, resigned
2048        Nigeria           CHAN Winners, qualified for ACON
2049        Nigeria           Knocked out of ACON in semi finals, resigned

I spent ages congratulating everybody, but then lost my text, so everybody, congrats.

Vikeologist's U 2019 Report 

Maybe I should have stayed at Yifang and tried to win the champions league, but I had itchy feet, and the last 5 matches of the season with Uni de Chil were like a caning on the soles of my feet.

Knocked out of the cup in my first match. *We drew away from home, but were behind form the first leg). Lost to league winners and chief rivals (and one of the very few teams that I will never under any circumstances manage) Colo Colo. In the end, it was the final match of the season before we started to play well an got our first win, which saw us fall from 5th when I took over to 6th, and probably not in any continental competition next season.

Not a total surprise, since I knew the team had some real weaknesses; none more so than my cadre of really dreadful goalies. Proving hard to find and sign good players but UdC are a biggish side and I do plenty of funds for when the right players appear.

2029/30 Season - Hibernian

Team badge

Scottish Premier League - After a really poor start to the campaign we found ourselves down in 6th after 14 games, we then went on a run of epic proportions, winning 16 of our next 19 games to go into the Championship Group 1 point behind Celtic, Celtic then beat us and after a defeat to Hearts we had to settle for 2nd place. A good improvement even after a bad start

League Cup - A really good run in the cup but we lost 2-1 to Hearts in the final.

Scottish Cup - Another really good cup run, we even beat Celtic in the semi finals 4-2. Again we played Hearts in the final but this time it was a win for us as we beat them 2-0. My first trophy with Hibs in my 2nd season.

Europa League - We managed to navigate 4 qualifying rounds beating the likes of Videoton and Ludogorets to reach the group stage. We had a pretty tough group which included Spurs and Ajax, we ended in 3rd place and were knocked out.

What next? - Currently I'm not sure, I would like to stay another season and I do feel we can win the league if we start well. However my contract is up  in a few months and I'm currently refusing to sign a new deal as the board have offered me no extra wage budget and a transfer budget of £150k even though I've increased our bank balance from £3m to £7m over this season. So at the moment it's up in the air but unless another better job comes up I'll give in and stay.

2022	Shanggang		1st	Chinese Super League, Chinese Cup and Asian Champions League Winners
29/30	Hibernian		2nd		Scottish Cup Winners

International
2028 -	Ivory Coast		2029 ACON Winners

Challenge Progress

Club

3/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa - Thanda Royal Zulu 2019, China - Shanggang 2022, Mexico - Cruz Azul 2024)

4/10 domestic cups (South Africa - Thanda Royal Zulu 2020, China - Shanggang 2022, Mexico - Cruz Azul 2024, Scotland - Hibernian 2030)

3/5 club continental championships (Africa - Thanda Royal Zulu 2021, Asian - Shanggang 2022, North America - Monterray 2027)

International

0/2 world tournaments ()

2 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

@Cheekybananafm Congrats on starting to reap the inevitable fruit of staying with the mighty Hibees.

Thanks mate, hopefully the league title next season. Unfortunately my rep is just too low to be getting a MASSIVE job in the big 5 leagues. Only 65% and when I apply they just laugh me off. I may be here a while unless something amazing comes up!

220px-Stellenbosch_FC.png

2016/17 Stellenbosch Season Review

Having waited long enough for a new I took over the bottom team in South Africa’s first division. What I really liked about Stellenbosch is that they are a new team in their very first season having taken over Vasco RSA.

The main objective for the season was obviously to keep the team in the division. Looking at the league table its clear to see that it wasn’t going to be an easy feat. They hadn’t won a league game all year, and had only just won their first competitive match a preliminary cup game on penalties!

While the first few games were positive despite blowing leads in my first two games in charge, it was clear that things had to change and fresh players were needed. Over the next week, I bought in 7 players with all but 1 on loan. The permanent transfer of Stanton Lewis is one that would be huge for the team.

Throughout January and February there were highs and quite a few lows. We finally won a game beating Jomo Cosmos but had to wait until the end of February to get our second. As for the lows, well were still drawing games as we seemed unable to see out winning positions. We got smashed by Tuks in the Needbank Cup. While I didn’t care that we lost and were out of the cup I wasn’t happy with our performance.

Now that we were out of the cup our sole focus was on avoiding relegation. I had finally settled on a starting eleven, and the results started to improve. Including our win at the end of February we won 5 out of the last 8, scoring 14 and only conceding 2. This meant that we avoided relegation by 5 points.

Looking forward to next season is quite interesting. It will probably be my last season with the club unless we are looking like getting promoted. Everybody’s contract is expiring apart from new signing Stanton Lewis and I intend on completely rebuilding the team and am 90% sure that I will be letting all the contracts expire, although I will probably be extending a few of the loans.

Initial League Table . Final League Table | Initial ResultsFinal Results | Transfer History

Season   Team           Position  Notes and Achievements
2016/17  Stellenbosch   11th      Took over with the team 16th after 14 games

Challenge Progress
Club

0/10 	Top Domestic Leagues
0/10 	Domestic Cups
0/5 	Club Champions League
0/1 	Club World Championship

International

0/5	Continental Tournaments
0/2	World Tournaments

An Update!

Well that didn't take long, just when I say I don't expect a job that takes my fancy to come up due to my low-ish rep something DOES come up!

The Hibbies board were never going to give me a new contract after my demands so it's time to cut my losses.

I'm off to Argentina!!

san-lorenzo-logo.thumb.png.48a7541bf668d1aed04567ad2305c592.png

If you don't know already this is the badge of San Lorenzo. They have just finished a pretty rubbish season ending 12th in the Premier Division. They are predicted to end 3rd

So in that sense I have a good chance of winning the league and hopefully I can tick off Champions League No. 4 which leave me solely concentrating on winning all the league and cup in Europe alongside the European Champions League.

They have given me a whopping £18m transfer kitty!!

2017/18 Stellenbosch Season Review

What a difference a year makes. I always knew that if I could bring in my own players then this had the potential to be a good year and I was right. We started the season off by releasing an eye watering 24 players from last year. We combatted that throughout July & August by signing 17 players and having many, many more in on trials.

The league really was a rollercoaster of a season. We started off playing well throughout August – November before struggling in December. In January, we got back on track winning a couple before a month’s break which allowed us to refocus and make some much-needed additions.

After the break, we came out flying and including our 2 wins in January, we would win 7 in a row and would go undefeated all the way into May. We hit a bit of a wall in May. We had started to play poorly as a team not creating any chances throughout a game and just hoping to score 1 goal and then hang on. We were lucky against Jomo Cosmos, we scored the only chance we created, against Zizwe Utd we weren’t that lucky. That loss would open the door for Black Leopards who have been in a battle with us all season long, however it appeared that they too were having the same problems. Out of their last 5 games they could only win 2, including 1 on the last day when the title had already been decided.

Their loss to Mbombela United combined with our win over Santos FC meant that we had won the title and were heading into the Premiership. Black Leopards would shrug off their recent problems, and would go on to win the playoff mini league and join us in the Premiership. On a side note Free State Stars were relegated from the First Division having been relegated the year before from the Premiership.

I was adamant that this was going to be my last season in charge of the team and while I haven’t signed a new contract with the team, I think that I will be staying for most of the upcoming season. I will be looking for the chance to move to a top team. I’m not too sure if I want to move to a different country just yet, however if the club keeps bleeding money like it is then I will have no option to move. I still can’t pursue my coaching badges and if this challenge is to progress then I need them.

League TableResults 1Results 2 | Transfer History

2017/18  Stellenbosch   1st       Won the First Division Title

Challenge Progress
Club

0/10 	Top Domestic Leagues
0/10 	Domestic Cups

International

0/2	World Tournaments

Spain_National_Football_Team_badge.png

EURO 2024 Report

After succesful World Cup it was time to try the Euro again. The team is strong and ready to challenge France and England who are the strongest sides in the competition.

I was in the same group with Denmark, Ukraine and Ireland. Opening game against Denmark was easy as they didn't stand a chance, I won 2-0. Ukraine was hard and we played 0-0. Ireland was poor, but so was our finishing, hence the poor 0-0 result. I still won the group and progressed forward. Next up Switzerland. This game was easy and I was leading 2-0 before the last ten minutes. Switzerland threw more men forward and managed to do a one goal, but i progressed. Next up Croatia, who won the euro last time if you remember :). Croatia was weak but it took us 102minutes before we scored. 1-0 win. In Semi-Finals we faced Czech Republic and they got an easy goal in the 20th minute. We tried to chace but it didn't work out. Czech won the whole competition. AND I GOT SACKED!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16/17	Carlisle              7th Sky Bet League 2	           Lost in playoffs rnd 1
17/18   Carlisle              1st Sky Bet League 2                 Promotion 
18/19   Middlesbrough         2nd Championship                     Promotion
19/20   Middlesbrough         5th Premier League                   EC slot
21/22   New England Revolution MLS                                 resigned
22/23   Orlando Pirates       1st ABSA Premiership                 runner-up in CAF Confederations Cup

Challenge Progress

Club
 1/10 top domestic leagues (ABSA Premiership 22/23/Orlando Pirates)
 0/10 domestic cups 
 0/5 club continental championships  

International
 1/5 continental tournaments (European Championship 2020/Croatia)
 1/2 world tournaments (World Cup 2022/Spain)

International:
2020        Croatia          Won European Championship
2022        Spain            Won World Cup
2024        Spain            T4 in European Championship, got sacked

2018/19 Stellenbosch Season Review

I’m still here! I was hoping that I was going to be at a new club in a new country by now but that wasn’t to be. After my contract ran out I decided to stay at the club on a month to month contract. During the off season, I applied for a range of jobs but was particularly interesting in 2 from the same city. Melbourne Victory & City both sacked their managers and offered me interviews however both decided that they would rather have a nobody in charge so I’m still here.

I did however get an extra job. I have become the manager of Tunisia after they had a poor African Cup of Nations campaign. I was also offered to be the manager of Iran and Saudi Arabia but I felt that this offered me the best current squad as I wait for the next ACON.

League – The league didn’t start particularly well drawing two games and losing one, but after that we found our feet and went unbeaten for the next 12 games (winning 8) until we lost to Kaiser Chiefs again. The boys responded well and we went on another winning run of 6 from 7. We were now in a 2-horse race for the title with Wits, and a terrible loss to Golden Arrows looked like it could be a sign of what was to come. However, it wasn’t. We went onto win 5 from the final 6 games, which resulted in Stellenbosch FC winning the Premiership.

Cups – In the Telecom Cup we were knocked out by Kaiser Chiefs which was disappointing as at that stage of the season I was only hoping to win one of the cups. So, I then decided to stop switching to a cup/reserve team and actually play my main team in all games especially in the forthcoming Nedbank Cup.

We played well for 3 rounds in this cup, knocking out 3 fellow premiership teams before we completely bottled it in the semi-final against Maritzburg United. We quickly went 2-0 down, but managed to get 1 back in the first half. 2-1 at half time would have been fine with me, but yet again our usually solid defence imploded and gave up another in the first half. I gave them the proper hairdryer treatment and initially it seemed to work. We came out flying and scored straight away and we were back in it. No, we weren’t! Maritzburg scored another 2 and completely killed off the game. We scored in the 72nd minute to give us a 0.005% chance of coming back but it wasn’t to be. A massive chance missed.

Looking forward to next season is actually quite interesting. I am toying with the idea of moving to another team, although they would probably have to be in the Champions League already otherwise I want to wait a year and see how we do with this team.

I am not going to be that interested in the league next season. We will obviously try and do well again but I am completely focused on winning a cup and doing well in the league.

Thanks to winning the league our finances are finally in the black and the board have eventually agreed to let me do my coaching badges. I strongly believe that this was holding me back when applying for other jobs so at least now I might have a chance when I decide to move at the end of this coming season, regardless of how we do this season.

League Table | Results 1Results 2Transfer History

|. Club .|

2018/19  Stellenbosch   1st       Won the Premiership. Qualified for the Champs League

|. Intenational .|

2018/19  Tunisia                  Took over after a poor ACON campaign

Challenge Progress
Club

1/10 	Top Domestic Leagues   (S. Africa - Stellenbosch 18/19)
0/10 	Domestic Cups

International

0/2	World Tournaments

las_palmas.jpg.89c427ca39bacde48e3022913e5769df.jpg   england.jpg.10927f68b8d6210e31c910d30b2ef75a.jpg

Season 23 – 2040/41 – Las Palmas / England

Season Review

The aim was to win the Spanish league and cup, and then I’d complete the club side of the challenge.

There wasn’t much transfer activity in the summer, I just tried to strengthen one key position, buying two quality wingbacks (well, one – my former Benfica starlet – actually came on a free). But then Man Utd put in a good offer for my reserve center half and Liverpool met my best striker’s release clause, so I ended up bringing in a couple more players in a last-minute rush. And a new star striker arrived for a whopping £38m in January, but he is still settling.

Still, we went into the season in good shape, but had a tough set of opening fixtures. We overcame Barcelona at home, but then drew away at Sevilla and lost to Atletico Madrid. But after that we went on an amazing run, not losing until end-February, and gradually making up ground on Real at the top of the table (Barcelona were not their usual selves early on, and never quite managed to catch up). We overcame Real, only to drop into second spot again after a last-minute goal in a 3-2 defeat at the Bernabeu. We kept plugging away; the league was really brutal, with both us and Real amassing win after win after win. Then they stumbled a bit with a few draws, and we kept steady, coming back to the top of the table with several games to go. Real stumbled some more, and we managed to seal the title with one game left, and a whopping 95 points. Just one cup needed then. We overcame Real and Atletico in the quarters and semis, but somehow blew it against Barca in the final, which ended in a 3-0 defeat. So one more season at least in Spain, and if I don’t win the cup next year I might go to a different country with more cup competitions, or a less competitive league – the Barca and Real teams are just ridiculous...

We had a very inspiring run in the Champions League, coming back from 2-0 away defeats in the first knockout round and quarters, against Man City and Barca respectively, to win the home legs 3-0 (with a Steven-Gerard-esque 30-yarder in the last minute to seal it), and 6-0 (and why couldn’t we do this against Barca in the cup?). We then absolutely tonked PSG in the final 8-2, and there you have it, Las Palmas are the champions of Europe. I already won the trophy with Marseille, but still, it’s nice to win it again and this run was rather entertaining.

League | CL

Player review

Top scorer – Menno Peters (AMC/ST), 31 goals and 9 assists in 39(8) apps, rating 7.54.

Injured through much of last season, he stepped up to the plate after my best striker Machado was sold, and had a cracking season. Scoring 4 goals in a Champions League final will probably forever be the highlight of his career.

Top assists – Jack Jones (D/WB R/L), 16 assists in 29(4) apps

The man I signed from Southampton for an eye-watering £44m was, like Peters, injured a lot of last season, and really shone this year

MVP, Challenge XI addition: Emanuel Pavone (MC), 19 goals and 7 assists, rating 7.51

Signed on a free before I arrived, this must have been the bargain of the 2030s. Great in the tackle, eye for a pass, and scoring a fair few crackers.

International

Decided to add my star striker Paul Swann to the Challenge XI. Great stats, plenty of goals; enough said.

Star midfielder Kenny Flanagan comes onto the Challenge XI subs bench for now, depending on how he'll fare at the next World Cup.

Confederations cup is up this summer but I’ve already won it so won’t do an extensive log.

Manager progress

90% and second in the world hall of fame, but a long way behind Unai Emery.

What’s next

A year of trying to win the cup in Spain, and then another “make-or-break” World Cup with England.

Challenge XI

GK: Lee Ki-Ho (Jeonnam, South Korea)

DR: Lars Schaefer (Dortmund)

DC: Nicolas Reimann (Dortmund)

DC: Davide Ditomasso (Marseille)

DL: Dirk Jan Büttner (Napoli)

MC: Thomas Devos (Dortmund)

MC: Emanuel Pavone (Las Palmas)

MC: Junior (Liverpool)

AMC: Paul Swann (England)

AMC: Miguel “The Man” Rodriguez (Club America)

ST: “Bruce” Lee-Sang Joon (Jeonnam, South Korea)

Subs: Yasar Cetin (Marseille), Pedro Filipe (Marseille), Kenny Flanagan (AMR/C, England), Abdul Diaby (AMLC/ST, Napoli/Ivory Coast), Patrick Besse (DC, Liverpool), Jack Jones (DR/DL, Las Palmas/England), Lewis Clarke (GK, Liverpool/England)

Club Career:

Season     |   Team                |       Division      |   League  |        Cups          |   Notes & Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    |   Accrington          |  League 2 (ENG)     |   4       |        n/a           |   Took over in December (team in 20th), lost on penalties in playoff final
2017/18    |   Accrington          |  League 2 (ENG)     |   1       |        n/a           |   Promotion; League 2 points record (104). Moved to Sheffield Utd at end of season
2018/19    |   Sheffield Utd       |  Championship (ENG) |   1       |        n/a           |   Promoted
2019/20    |   Sheffield Utd       |  Premiership (ENG)  |   7       |        semi          | 
2021       |   Jeonnam             |  K League (KOR)     |   5       |        n/a           |   Joined when 10th in the league, after a one-year job search
2022       |   Jeonnam             |  K League (KOR)     |   1       |        won           |   Domestic double   
2023       |   Jeonnam             |  K League (KOR)     |   1       |    won ACL + cup     |   A historic quadruple
2023/24    |   Ajax CT             |  South Afr Prem     |   9       |     won AfCL         |   A champions league win with an super-thin squad (joined in CL group stage)
2024/25    |   Ajax CT             |  South Afr Prem     |   2       |     won FA cup       |    
2025/26    |   Ajax CT             |  South Afr Prem     |   1       |    won CL + 2 cups   |   A quadruple of sorts
2026/27    |   América (MEX)       |  Mexican 1st Div.   |   2       |     won Mex cup      |   Joined 2 games before play-offs. Lost in play-off final
2027/28    |   América (MEX)       |  Mexican 1st Div.   |   1; 1    |     won NACL         |   Won closing and opening league + champ league
2028       |   Fluminese           |  Brazil Ser. A      |   8       |         n/a          |   Joined 1/3 through the season. Qualified for Copa Lib.
2029       |   Fluminese           |  Brazil Ser. A      |   1       |  won Copa Lib + CWC  |  
2029/30    |   Valencia            |  La Liga            |   4       |         n/a          |   Joined with team in 10th, qualified for CL
2030/31    |   Dortmund            |  Bundesliga         |   1       |    won Ger cup       |     Domestic double
2031/32    |   Olympique Marseille |  Ligue 1            |   1       |  won FRA cups + CL   |     A quadruple
2032/33    |   Napoli              |  Serie A            |   1       |       ITA cup        |     Domestic double
2033       |   San Lorenzo         |  Primera Div.       |   n/a     |       semi           |     Joined for half a year hoping to win a cup, then left
2034       |   Liverpool           |  Premiership        |   8       |     won both cups    |     Cup double (well, that's not really a double is it...)
2034/35    |   Liverpool           |  Premiership        |   1       | won Europa + ENG cups|     A quintuple, if you count the Charity Shield
2035/36    |   Benfica             |  Primeira Liga      |   1       | won 2x PRT cups      |     A domestic treble
2038/39    |   Rostov              |  Premier Division   |   1       |     won RUS cup      |     A domestic double
2039/40    |   Las Palmas          |  La Liga            |   3       |  semis; Europa win   |
2040/41    |   Las Palmas          |  La Liga            |   1       |  runner-up; CL win   |

International career:

Season     |   Team           |  Tournament    |   Notes & Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19    |   Greece         |  Euro quals    |   Took over in Autumn
2019/20    |   Greece         |  Euro          |   Quarter-finals; lost to France
2021       |   Egypt          |  WC quals      |   Qualified by beating Nigeria in final group game
2022       |   Egypt          |  WC            |   Quarter finals; lost to Poland on penalties
2023       |   Egypt          |  ACON          |   Lost in semis (Ghana, extra time)
2023/24    |   Jamaica        |  WC quals      |
2024/25    |   Jamaica        |  Gold Cup      |   Winners!
2026       |   Jamaica        |  World Cup     |   Group stage exit
2027       |   South Korea    |  Asian Cup     |   Winners
2028       |   Ivory Coast    |  ACON quals    |   Qualified
2029       |   Ivory Coast    |  ACON          |   Winners
2030       |   Ivory Coast    |  World Cup     |   Lost in semis
2031       |   Brazil         |  Copa America  |   Winners
2033       |   Brazil         |  Confed Cup    |   Winners
2034       |   Brazil         |  World  Cup    |   Runners up
2035       |   Spain          |  Euro quals    |   Qualified
2036       |   Spain          |  Euros         |   Lost in quarters (Portugal on penalties), sacked
2037       |   England        |  WC quals      |   Won Internaltional League
2038       |   England        |  World Cup     |   Lost to Germany in the final
2040       |   England        |  Euros         |   Winners

Challenge Progress:

Club
 10/10 top domestic leagues: KOR (Jeonnam), RSA (Ajax CT), MEX (Club América), BRA (Fluminese), DEU (Dortmund), FRA (Marseille), ITA (Napoli), ENG (Liverpool), PRT (Benfica), ESP (Las Palmas)
 9/10 domestic cups: KOR (Jeonnam), RSA (Ajax CT), MEX (Club América), DEU (Dortmund), FRA (Marseille), ITA (Napoli), ENG (Liverpool), PRT (Benfica), RUS (Rostov)
 5/5 club continental championships: Asian CL (Jeonnam), African CL (Ajax CT), NACL (Club América), Copa Libertadores (Fluminese), Champ League (Marseille, Las Palmas)
 1/1 club world championship: Jeonnam 2023, Fluminese 2029

International
 5/5 continental tournaments: Gold Cup (Jamaica), Asian Cup (South Korea), ACON (Ivory Coast), Copa America (Brazil), Euros (England)
 1/2 world tournaments: Conf Cup (Brazil)
Edited by dkouv

@Ronaldo Beckham If you start using the challenge progress

Challenge Progress 
Club 
0/10 top domestic leagues (Insert nations) 
0/10 domestic cups () 
0/5 club continental championships () 
International 
0/5 continental tournaments () 
0/2 world tournaments () 

then I'll add you to the leader board. Hard for us to see how you're doing otherwise. I mean I suppose you could just tell me how many you've won, but then that opens it up to someone posting, 'hey I started the challenge 6 months ago, I've won 28 trophies, put me on the leader board'. 

@dkouv Not winning the cup is a pain, but try to win the domestic cup last. Don't make me link the Hall of Fame to an England World Cup win.:)

@Watson156 Congrats on the title. Hopefully you'll win one of the 2 eligible cups next season. In case you don't read others threads, don't forget that 

a) you son't even start the Champs League until the start of next year

b) you only get one chance to register, so make your transfer moves now rather than in mid 2020. I don't think this is a spoiler. 

@yugular Commiserations on being sacked. That's a horrible element of this challenge. Just when you start thinking your national teams going to sweep up 3 of the landmarks for you, you lose one match and you're out on your ear and have to start all over again.

@Cheekybananafm Good luck at San Lorenzo. I think that managing in Argentina, and trying to win the Lib from there, is definitely morefun (and quicker) than Brazil, but sometimes only Brazilian sides ever win the thing. In my save so far, 3 Libs, 6 Brazilian finalists. I'd love to pull it off with Uni de Chile obviously.

Edited by vikeologist

Orlando_Pirates_FC_(logo).png

I DID IT!

597877a3b0826.jpg

Now I have won both trophies that are needed from South Africa and it's time to move on. I will play here until I find a really good job just because there is a high chance I can win some cup silverware too. 30 games unbeaten at this moment and I have some very nice young players who would dominate here in the future years. Ajax Cape Town was the opponent in the finals :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16/17	Carlisle              7th Sky Bet League 2	           Lost in playoffs rnd 1
22/23   Orlando Pirates       1st ABSA Premiership                 runner-up in CAF Confederations Cup
23/24   Orlando Pirates       1st ASBA Premiership Won CAF CL      Won MTN8Cup

Challenge Progress 4/33

Club
 0/10 domestic cups 
 1/5 club continental championships (CAF CL 23/24/Orlando Pirates 

International

International:

Challenge Progress 
Club 
6/10 top domestic leagues - Northern Ireland, Holland, Germany, Italy, France, China
5/10 domestic cups - JD Welsh Cup, Northern Irish Cup, English FA Cup, Coupe De France, Chinese FA Cup
2/5 club continental championships - UEFA Europa League, Asian Champions League
International 
3/5 continental tournaments - African Cup Of Nations, Asian Nations Cup, Copa America
0/2 world tournaments () 

Copa America.png

AmaZulu.thumb.jpg.5b328bdf77a7e94fb687533239092bab.jpg

Season 2017/18 season review

After last season's 5th place finish and cup win we were looking to strengthen the squad, we lost Stofles to Porto for his buy out clause which was frustrating as I'd built the new tactic around him, so we ended up brining in a couple more new players than I had planned. Our season started with the MTN8 cup (a cup between the previous season's top 8) we started with a win against Wilts who edged us out of 4th spot on GD last season, from here we had the semi final against defending champions Orlando Pirates the 1-0 away win started to make me think we could have a good season, we followed up with a 2-1 win in the home leg to book a final with last season's 3rd place team Ajax CT. The final saw us dominate but couldn't turn it into a comfortable lead, late goal from them meant finished 1-1 but we won on penalties.

In the Telkom Knockout (for just the top flight teams) we easily beat Magasi before losing to Ajax in the next round. In the Nedbank Cup (main cup) which we were looking to defend after winning last season, we had a comfortable run, only conceding in 1 game on route to the final which was an easy win.

In the league we started a few weeks behind most due to the MTN8 cup but once we started we ran the board, we hit top spot after 7 games and stayed there all season. Our first league defeat came after 22 games and our only other one came 3 days after our cup final win after the title was already sealed. Turned out to be a pretty routine win mainly thanks to the goals from Ntsundwana in fist half of the season before he got hurt, from then on Paez stepped up with goals to see us home. The January signing of West in goal sighted our defence up and the outstanding season from Karuru from midfield showed our dominance.

In the CAF Confederation Cup we've had a fairly comfortable march to the group stage and we'll be looking to win this next season.

Plan for next 2 seasons is to finish top 2 again and focus on African Champions league as that's all that is left for me here.

Career Progression

Season		Team			League		Position	Achievements
2016/17		Amazulu (SA)		ND1		1st		Promotion
2017/18		Amazulu (SA)		Prem		5th		Cup Win
2018/19		Amazulu (SA)		Prem		1st 		League win, MTN8 cup winners, Nedbank Cup winners

Challenge Progress

Club
1/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa, Amazulu 2018/19)
1/10 domestic cups (SA Cup, Amazulu, 2018)
0/5 continental cups
0/1 world club cup

International 
0/2 world tournaments 

@vikeologist Well, don't worry too much, the next World Cup is at our nemesis Germany, so I don't rate our chances that highly, and I'll probably jump ship if there is a better nation available after that. No loyalty in this challenge and all that... :)

@yugular Just saw your incredibly harsh sacking, well talk about no loyalty... If only Real Madrid did this to Zidane in my save! Still, you're doing super-well on the international front, should be pretty doable to win the Confed cup with a south american side instead of Spain.

1 hour ago, dkouv said:@yugular Just saw your incredibly harsh sacking, well talk about no loyalty... If only Real Madrid did this to Zidane in my save! Still, you're doing super-well on the international front, should be pretty doable to win the Confed cup with a south american side instead of Spain.

Yeah I was just waiting to have a chance in a confed cup with Spain but whoa. I honestly thought it would be ok once I made it to the top4...

@dkouv - Congrats on the league win. You're getting so, so close to completing the challenge now!

@yugular - That's a harsh sacking, but the realities of international football I guess.

@Watson156 - Well done on your South African success. I'm not jealous, at all. Honest...

@Cheekybananafm - Good luck in Argentina. I hope you manage to win the Copa Libertadores (and that its still running!) fairly quickly.

@Fadedaf - Yes! Club side of things all done, onto finishing with international glory. When's the next ACON?

@vikeologist - How's life in South America? It seems like you're having the same problem I'm having with Orlando Pirates in terms of recruiting decent players.

Speaking of, I've been offered a job back in Europe. I'm struggling with Orlando Pirates, to be honest. We're probably going to finish third, possibly second if we can find a bit more consistency. I'm just not enjoying it as much as I normally am. I don't think I can stick another two years (at a minimum) of being turned down by players from clubs who are below me in the table. Even if I secure champions league football, I can't seem to entice the quality of player needed to improve the squad to challenge at the next level. Decision time for me I guess.

EDIT: Weirdly, none of the responses on page 52 came up when I wrote mine, so it looks like everything is behind. Anyways, well done to people having success!

Edited by numero uno gunner

@vikeologist  - Thanks for the advice. I didn't realise about the Champions League but thankfully I don't have to worry about it anymore!

@numero uno gunner - Thanks a lot. It sucks that you're struggling, especially with Orlando. Maybe it's time for a change of scenery and attack South Africa at a later date.

2019/20 Stellenbosch Extended Season Review

So, after the jubilation of winning the league last season this year was all about trying to finish of the African side of the challenge. I have a clear plan of how I want to do this challenge and it doesn’t include coming back to Africa to win the Champions League or a domestic cup. With that said it was time to gear up for a busy season.

For the first time since being in the Premiership, I decided that I wasn’t going to apply for any other jobs this year. It was clear to me that there isn’t any point in doing so, as this club offers me the best chance to reach my goals.

League – Again we started slowly but after that we really stepped on the gas and started to dominate the initial stages of the league. As stated in the last update I wasn’t too bothered about doing well in the league, but for the first time since I have been in charge we were actually winning the close games instead of drawing them. This really proved to be a difference maker for us especially early on, when the fixtures weren’t too busy. After the mid-season break that’s when things got tough. Injuries started to pile up and most of the time we were playing at least 2 games a week, and although I played my rotation team the boys just kept winning.

We were smashing the league heading into the last 5 games but with the Champions League running alongside, the boys started to look tired. Thankfully we managed to hold on and went into a final game against Orlando Pirates knowing that a point would be enough. We held on and ended up winning the league by 2 points from Ajax who we thankfully beat 2 games earlier.

Cups – The most important games this season. The whole aim of the season was to win a domestic cup so I wouldn’t have to worry about staying for another season. It didn’t start well with a loss to season rivals Orlando but that wasn’t the cup I was focused on. We somehow won the Telkom cup which was a pleasant surprise especially as I didn’t really play the first teamers apart from the semi-final as everybody else was shattered.

The Nedbank Cup is the one that really matters. We almost ruined it against non-league opposition EC Bees, but as soon as got into extra time the fitness really showed and we won comfortably. The next 3 rounds were all regulation wins. The score line might look like they were close games (apart from the Semi Final!) but realistically we dominated but just couldn’t get that extra goal to be completely safe.

The final was a fantastic game, and true to our style this year we had to come from behind but ended up getting the win. We went from 1-0 up to 1-2 down and even though we were creating chance after chance we couldn’t score. However, that all changed late on in the second half when substitute Lyle Lakay entered the fray and not only set up Nkanu to draw us level but then scored a stunning free kick to put us back in front. We had to do some heavy defending late on in the game, but we did just enough and the cup came back with us.

Champions League – The big one! I have never played in the African Champions League so the format was a bit different but after watching the draws being made and thankfully avoiding any of the big teams I was very confident that we would progress to the group stages.

The prelim round was a complete cake walk and looking at the next round I was very confident of another result. What followed however was anything but simple. Never have I been so annoyed and tempted to resign following a result. Yes, we scored 4 away goals but we gave them 2, and then at home our defenders didn’t seem to care. This is the game that we should be winning 3,4-0 comfortably and not worrying. Ultimately our 4 away goals came to our rescue and we were into the next round. After another shaky away performance, we put the tie to bed early in the second leg with 3 goals before 30 minutes. After the 4th went in we relaxed and knew that we were into the group stages.

After the match, the group stages were drawn and we would play against Etoile du Congo (Congo), Al-Ahly (Egypt) and USM Alger (Algeria). The games against Alger were going to be the crucial ones. I knew that we could beat Etoile du Congo twice and if we could get a result against Al-Ahly then great but I would happily settle for 2nd in the group and a Semi Final place.

With the group games being spread over the current and next season I wasn’t sure on what to expect in regard to fitness levels. I arranged some pre-season friendlies in between the Champs League games to help with the fitness levels, but my fears were soon realised as early on my players couldn’t/wouldn’t get their fitness back. We played and beat Congo 3-0 with all of my players on 70% or less fitness, but despite resting all of the players from training their fitness never went past 70%. This was always going to be a problem going against a good team like Al-Ahly. It proved to be the case as we lost 4-2 and had a man sent off.

Thankfully, before the crucial game against Alger our players all found their lost fitness and due to this we showed our class with a comfortable 4-0 win. With our fitness, back we won the next 2 group games including against Al-Ahly which meant we would top the group and would face last season’s rivals Wits.

Wits had struggled in the league last time finishing 5th and having just played and beat them in the league I was very confident that we could do so again in the Champs League. The players obviously believed as well as we smashed Wits 5-1 and effectively ending the tie there. We beat them again in the return leg 4-3 to set up a historic final against Tunisian side ES Tunis.

Obviously, being national manager for Tunisia I knew a little bit about some of their players and while it was always going to be tough I was confident that our home form could play a massive part of winning the competition. However, the Final was the complete opposite from our Semi Final as we drew the home game 0-0 with both teams not really creating any golden opportunities. Going to Tunisia was always going to be a hard ask but I was still confident. The first half was another cagey half with the us slightly on top. With the game dwindling, down and looking like extra time was looming disaster struck. Tunis created their first opening of the game in the 79th minute and they took it. We went beyond gung ho! 5 men up front hoping that we would get 1 more chance.

We got it!! A long ball came in and a very dubious foul was given. Penalty. Step forward our centre back Motjeka Madisha who sent the keeper the other way and levelled the game at 1-1. Now, I wasn’t sure if away goals counted or not so while returning to a bit of normality, I wanted to keep attacking. We managed to squander another couple of chances, but to my surprise and amazement as the full-time whistle went, away goals counted. We were CHAMPIONS!

I knew straight after the game that it was going to be my last in charge of Stellenbosch. I wasn’t going to wait around for the Club World Cup as we were never going to be good enough to win, that will come later.

We have come a long way as a club. From having not won a game when I took over to champions of Africa. It has been a tough road that I thought about jumping from many a time, but I am so happy that I didn’t. Now onto the next chapter which is the African Cup of Nations with Tunisia.

League TableLeague ResultsCup Fixtures . Champions League ResultsTransfer History

Tunisia FA Logo

Tunisia 2020/21 Extended Review

I’ve realised that since taking over Tunisia, I haven’t done an update on what’s been happening. In the 2019 season we played 4 friendly’s winning 3 and then we beat Zimbabwe in the World Cup Qualifiers 2nd Round.

At the start of 2020 I found out that we were in the African Nations Championship. I had never heard of it but thought that it would give me a chance to see what level we are at regarding the other African nations. I didn’t realise however that the squad had to be domestic players only. This meant that we lost a lot of our big-name players, but did give me the chance to try out some good youngsters coming through.

In the group opener, we played South Africa who I thought would be very tough to beat. Amazingly they didn’t have anybody from Stellenbosch in their team! Anyway, we smashed them 3-1 and gave ourselves a good chance at getting out of the group. We then got FM’ed against Burundi and went into our final game against Ghana knowing that we had to win. We did and would go up against a good Algeria team in the Quarter Finals.

We came through that game in a really entertaining 4-3 victory. It looks quite close but only because of a late Algeria goal. We were in control and were never in doubt of losing. The Semi Final was our most complete performance of the tournament. We shut down Nigeria all game only allowing them 1 shot on goal. It took us until the hour mark to finally score but it was always coming. We finished the game scoring a late goal after they committed too many men forward and would move on to play Mali in the final.

The final didn’t really come to life until the second half. Mali scored thanks to an error from our centre back, but the boys responded straight away getting a penalty 2 minutes later which we scored. The final, tournament winning goal was scored in the 71st minute and we had won the African Nations Championship.

The rest of the year was spent playing and winning the African Cup of Nations Qualifying group and a couple of World Cup Qualifiers which included a fantastic 4-1 win against Senegal. We were in fantastic form heading into ACON and although the media didn’t expect us to do anything I was quietly confident of a decent run.

As had happened in the African Championships, we started off with a convincing win, lost to a team that we shouldn’t have and faced Ghana with the last game in a must win match. This would turn out to be the start of something special. Something clicked in the players and not only did we beat Ghana, but we sent out a message that we were simply going to outscore our opponents. The defence had been quite leaky for a while so I decided to not worry about it, and play more attacking players instead.

This change of philosophy seemed to work as we steam rolled our way past Algeria 4-2 in the Quarter Final, Nigeria 4-2 in the Semi Final and then in the Final we finished of surprise finalist Cape Verde… you guessed it, astonishingly 4-2!

I’m not sure if I am going to stay with Tunisia for the World Cup. I really want to have a go at the Confederations Cup so I might just stay for that. Who knows, I’ll keep an eye out for an interesting job offer otherwise I might just continue with Tunisia.

2020 Fixtures2021 Fixtures

|. Club .|

2018/19  Stellenbosch   1st       Won the Premiership. Qualified for the Champs League
2019/20	 Stellenbosch 	1st	    Won the Treble. Champs League Group Stage
2020/21	 Stellenbosch 	-	    Left after winning the Champions League

|. Intenational .|

2019     Tunisia                  Took over after a poor ACON campaign
2020	 Tunisia	          Won African Nations Championship
2021	 Tunisia		  Won African Cup of Nations

Challenge Progress
Club

1/10 	Domestic Cups        (S. Africa - Stellenbosch 19/20)
1/5 	Club Champions League (Africa - Stellenbosch 20/21)

International

1/5	Continental Tournaments  (Africa - Tunisia 21)
0/2	World Tournaments

Edited by Watson156

I resigned from Uruguay to take over Belgium, I managed to qualify for the Euros and then went on to win the Euros with Belgium, I am struggling to get a decent club job, been out of work for over a year now, even lower Prem teams are rejecting me despite my success.

Challenge Progress 
Club 
6/10 top domestic leagues - Northern Ireland, Holland, Germany, Italy, France, China
5/10 domestic cups - JD Welsh Cup, Northern Irish Cup, English FA Cup, Coupe De France, Chinese FA Cup
1/5 club continental championships - Asian Champions League
International 
4/5 continental tournaments - African Cup Of Nations, Asian Nations Cup, Copa America, European Championships
0/2 world tournaments () 

Belgim.png

Once again, my lengthy comments have been deleted; twice. I can write them in word, and then paste, but it's a pain to have to re-type the userids. Anyway, I might as well suggest that some of the below were more witty the first 2 times around.

@Ronaldo Beckham Making very quick progress up the leader board. You’ve played about 4 seasons during my UdCh off-season, though I did have a lot to do; stripping the team down for parts, thinning out the youth team with a few blood sacrifices to the Gods, and then numerous visits to the scrap yard for new signings.

Certainly is difficult to get a new job as an international manager sometimes, though leaving jobs quickly doesn’t help. Not much that we top tier challenges can do about that though, says the boy with 2 trophies.

@Watson156  Congrats on the champions league, and cleaning up in S Africa. Looks as though it was a bit close at times. I’m glad that you’re able to move on, so that god-ugly logo won’t crop up anymore.

@numero uno gunner – Sucks that you’re not enjoying life at Orlando pirates. South Africa can definitely be a test, because of the amount of time some of us have had to spend there. (I’ve got that ahead of me this save maybe). Are you determined to finish this challenge on FM17? The new game will be out in less than 3 months probably.

@darren1983 Talking of South Africa, congrats on the domestic title. Hope the next season goes smoothly.

@yugular Probably be a good thing if you do pick up a cup before leaving. There’s always a danger of being a cup short at the end, and S Africa is one of the easier places to pick one up because there’s 2 eligible ones and not so many top teams.

2030/31 Review - San Lorenzo

san-lorenzo-logo.thumb.png.48a7541bf668d1aed04567ad2305c592.png.45be1444ce3df830ec92e13007d68262.png

Another season down and this one was one of the easiest I've done!

Argentina Premier Division - An absolute stroll! We won the league with 4 games to spare. We only lost 3 all season. Record points, record least goals conceded, record clean sheets. Easier than I ever expected!

Argentina Cup - Only 2 rounds during this season as the cup spreads over 2 seasons. We strolled through round 5 and 6 and are into the last 16

Copa Sudamericana - Like the Argentina Cup this spreads over 2 seasons. We only played the first round and eased our way past Colombian side Junior

What Next? - Our title win means we automatically go into the 2032 Copa Libertadores Groups. I have full confidence we have a good chance of winning it if we play how we have done this season. The 4141 I've employed has worked a treat so far. Hopefully I can keep hold of all my big players but big Euro clubs are already sniffing around some of them.

The main thing is I really need a new International job. I didn't do a separate post for the 2030 World Cup with the Ivory Coast, mainly because it went badly. We got out the Group Stage but were smashed 3-0 by Colombia in the last 16. I quit and now am waiting for a job, numerous big jobs came up but I didn't get any of them. Hopefully something will come up soon!

29/30	Hibernian		2nd		Scottish Cup Winners
30/31	San Lorenzo		1st		Argentina Premier Division Winners

International
28-30	Ivory Coast		2029 ACON Winners

Challenge Progress

Club

4/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa - Thanda Royal Zulu 2019, China - Shanggang 2022, Mexico - Cruz Azul 2024, Argentina - San Lorenzo 2031)

4/10 domestic cups (South Africa - Thanda Royal Zulu 2020, China - Shanggang 2022, Mexico - Cruz Azul 2024, Scotland - Hibernian 2030)

International

0/2 world tournaments ()

@vikeologist - Thanks, I'm also very happy to be finished with South Africa. I do think that the reason they were quite tight is just because we weren't the best team. If we were the Kaizer Chiefs with some of our players mixed in then the league would have been a run away. 

Melbourne Victory

Melbourne Victory 2020/21 Season Review

So, I have my new team. I was always pretty sure that it was either going to be Australia or USA and with the way that the seasons lined up with South Africa, Australia was the choice. I only had to wait 5 weeks until I had my interview with Melbourne Victory. To be honest I didn’t want to take the Victory job simply because they rejected me a couple of seasons ago, but I didn’t want to wait until the end of the season so I agreed to take the job after the Africa Cup of Nations.

When I agreed to take over the team they hadn’t won a single game all season, which sounded just like when I took over Stellenbosch. During my time away with Tunisia, the caretaker manager found a bit of form, winning 2, drawing 2 and losing only 1. To put that into context, the previous manager only won 3 points.

My first game in charge was against Melbourne rivals City. We beat them and moved ourselves off the foot of the table and began our climb up the table. In the remaining 7 games we would win 5, lose 2 and end up just 5 points off the knockout places.

There is a lot of rebuilding to do here, but we have a good amount of money and with the right additions I firmly believe that we can do the minimum required here and win a league and cup double this coming season. If that happens then it allows me the option to possibly go to China to win the Asian Champions League, if I feel that we won’t be able to win it here.

League TableResults

|. Club .|

Season   Team                Position  Notes and Achievements
2016/17  Stellenbosch        11th      Took over with the team 16th after 14 games
2017/18  Stellenbosch        1st       Won the First Division Title
2018/19  Stellenbosch        1st       Won the Premiership. Qualified for the Champs League
2019/20	 Stellenbosch  	     1st       Won the Treble. Champs League Group Stage
2020/21	 Stellenbosch 	     -	       Left after winning the Champions League
2020/21	 Melbourne Victory   8th       Took over with the team 10th after 19 games

|. Intenational .|

2019     Tunisia                  Took over after a poor ACON campaign
2020	 Tunisia	          Won African Nations Championship
2021	 Tunisia		  Won African Cup of Nations

Challenge Progress
Club

1/10 	Domestic Cups          (S. Africa - Stellenbosch 19/20)
1/5 	Club Champions League  (Africa - Stellenbosch 20/21)

International

1/5	Continental Tournaments  (Africa - Tunisia 21)
0/2	World Tournaments

Edited by Watson156
Forgot the Screenshots

Yeah I will get a job eventually, just concentrating on qualifying to the World Cup with Italy, the reason why I get through a season quickly is cos I have a quick laptop and also I only have a few leagues running at once with minimum detail and only 30k player database at the start, I also have a lot of free time to whizz through the seasons.

Orlando_Pirates_FC_(logo).png               1280px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png

Season 2028/2029

Orlando Pirates and USA

Not the longest of updates coming, but thought I'd do one nonetheless.

I turned down the chance to move to Everton to stay at Orlando Pirates. A strange decision, perhaps, but I've had a chat with myself and decided I can't leave South Africa until I've collected a Champions League winners medal. Mental? Possibly. But I've added a steely determination to myself now.

The season started with the 'Be the coach' game, where we lost 3-0 to Kaizer Chiefs. This was swiftly followed up by losing 5-1 on aggregate in the Super 8 tournament to Kaizer Chiefs again (you may be seeing a pattern developing here). Worried about the strength in depth of my squad, I tried desperately to improve the squad. However, better South African players are already at either Wits, SuperSport or Kaizer Chiefs, and I can't seem to tempt them away. A few loanees came in, but ultimately I was concerned about how we were going to fare.

We were third after 10 games, but already a whopping 11 points behind runaway leaders SuperSport, who had won all 10 of their games. They actually only dropped 2 points from their first 15 games, which is insane. Before the mid-season break Bloem Celtic found time to knock us out of the SA Knockout Cup in the last 8, which was a poor defence of our trophy.

We then managed to put together a strong run of results, leaving us 1 point behind Wits who were in second. They beat us 1-0, after we dominated the game, and I thought that was that in terms of trying to qualify for the Champions League this season. However, Wits had other ideas, and they imploded over the next few games, meaning I had managed to pull in front of them by 2 points with 2 games to go. I beat SuperSport (inflicting their only defeat of the season) and Wits drew 3-3 with Chippa Utd, meaning I was 4 points clear of them with a game to go. I started celebrating, relieved that I'd managed to somehow qualify for the Champions League.

Turns out, Kaizer Chiefs had two games in hand, which they'd won, meaning they were now three points behind me, but with a far superior goal difference. No need to panic, as a single point at home to lower-table fodder Jomo Cosmos would be enough to seal the Champions League football I crave.

We lost 4-2.

Thankfully, Wits somehow beat Kaizer Chiefs 3-2, meaning we clung on to second place, and we can prepare for mixing it with the continent's big boys at some point. I say some point, as we haven't even started our African Confederation Cup campaign after winning the Knockout Cup LAST SEASON! Africa is such a crazy place football-wise.

In the FA Cup, we had a fairly easy route to the final, beating FS Stars, Polokwane City, Ajaz CT and Platinum Stars. I'm sure you can guess who we met in the final. This time, revenge was sweet, and we beat them 2-1, stopping them from beating us in a knockout competition again, and sealing another trophy (albeit one that doesn't count for the challenge as I've already won a trophy in South Africa.

Standout players were again Ashley April (18 goals in 19 starts) and Lynden Gooch (15 goals and 10 assists in 31 starts). April's injury mid-season almost derailed our campaign, but thankfully other players chipped in with a few goals here and there.

What's next? Well, Champions League football (eventually!) and having a crack at the league next season. Having won both cups here, it would be nice to see if we can add the league next season. I need to find a way to improve the squad though. Maybe now I can tempt a few more players my way. Whatever happens, as I've already submitted my squad for the African Confederation Cup I wont be letting players leave. There's more than enough room in the wages to add some players. I essentially need to build my squad for the Champions League in this window and the next, so I'm going to be busy...

Club
Season        Team             Position      Notes and Achievements
2016/17      Dungannon     9th            Irish Cup winners, Mid-Ulster Cup winners

2018            Sligo Rovers    1st             League winners!

2019            Tianjin              1st             League winners!

2020            Tianjin              8th            FA Cup winners! Champions League winners!

2021            Montreal         4th            League (MLS Cup) winners!

2022            Montreal         1st             Won MLS Supporters' Shield, currently in last 8 of NACL

2023            Montreal          N/A          NACL winners!

2023            Palmeiras        9th           Brazilian Cup winners!

2024/25      Ajax                  1st            League winners!

2025/26     Unemployed

2026/27     Orlando Pirates  8th      Took over with 10 games to go.

2027/28     Orlando Pirates  4th      SA Knockout Cup winners!

2028/29     Orlando Pirates   2nd    SA FA Cup winners!

Country

2021           Ivory Coast         Qualified for the World Cup

2022           Ivory Coast         World Cup quarter finalists. Quarter finalists in CHAN. Qualified for African Cup of Nations

2023          Ivory Coast         African Cup of Nations winners!

2024          Unemployed

2025          USA                     Qualified for World Cup

2026          USA                     Lost in World Cup Semi Final (finished 3rd). Upto 5th in the world

2027          USA                     North American Gold Cup winners!              

2028          USA                     World Cup qualification is going well

Challenge Progress

Club

4/10 top domestic leagues - Republic of Ireland (Sligo), China (Tianjin), USA (Montreal), Netherlands (Ajax)

4/10 domestic cups - Northern Ireland (Dungannon), China (Tianjin), Brazil (Palmeiras), South Africa (Orlando Pirates)

2/5 club continental championships - Asian Champions League (Tianjin), NACL (Montreal Impact)

0/1 club world championship -

International

2/5 continental tournaments - African Cup of Nations (Ivory Coast 2023), North American Gold Cup (USA 2027)

0/2 world tournaments -

Hmm.. I Just noticed that Brazilian teams in my save have odd names. I did the Real name fix before the game but apparently I have done something wrong. Can I still do it midsave? Will it work? Does someone have links to guide on how to do it on OSX? Much appreciated :) Sorry OT.

Orlando_Pirates_FC_(logo).png

AND I GOT THE CUP TOO! Now it is time to say goodbye to South Africa and Orlando Pirates. If this wasn't the challenge I would have stayed here as I think I could have built a team that would dominate for years.

I also participated in the Club World Championship in December, but lost a close game to Cruz Azul 1-2. Well never expected to win it anyways.

597b0dedc89d0.jpg

23/24   Orlando Pirates       1st ASBA Premiership Won CAF CL      Won MTN8Cup
24/25   Orlando Pirates       resigned in January                  Won Telkom Knockout

Challenge Progress 5/33

Club
 1/10 domestic cups (Telkom Knockout 24/25/Orlando Pirates)
 1/5 club continental championships (CAF CL 23/24/Orlando Pirates 

International

International:

Just an update to say I have took over Toronto so going to go for the MLS but may take me a year or 2 as Toronto's squad is very bare and they were bottom  of the MLS when I took over, will keep you posted, just in the middle of the Confederations Cup with Italy so hoping to tick that off the challenge soon.