The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Update

Just won the NACL with NYFC, going to be playing in the Gold Cup next as well with Mexico so hopefully will tick that off as well.

Challenge Progress 
Club 
9/10 top domestic leagues - Northern Ireland, Holland, Germany, Italy, France, China, Brazil, Spain, England
6/10 domestic cups - JD Welsh Cup, Northern Irish Cup, English FA Cup, Coupe De France, Chinese FA Cup, Copa Del Rey
4/5 club continental championships - Asian Champions League, Copa Libertarodes, UEFA Champions League, NACL,
1/1 club world championship - Club World Championships
International 
4/5 continental tournaments - African Cup Of Nations, Asian Nations Cup, Copa America, European Championships
2/2 world tournaments - Confederations Cup,World Cup

NACL.png

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

3 hours ago, Collzy said:

@darren1983 Great to have you back mate :) Shame you lost your old save but I look forward to more updates from you. Interestingly I was rejected by Thanda Royal Zulu when I was unemployed at the start, in hindsight, I'm not too bothered ;)

Nice to be back. You seem to have recovered from their rejection a bit :D 

Of course my first game in charge was a game with my team from the lost save Amazulu! 

On 28.7.2017 at 23:08, Watson156 said:

@yugular - Good work with Orlando. Will be interesting to see where you end up next. Any preferred leagues or just take what's available?

Well I was applying to all interesting positions, but it took quite a long time before I found a really nice job that I actually managed to get. So I left Orland Pirates at 23/1/2025. In february I was able to pick and choose between multiple national sides in Africa because Africa Cup of Nations was over and Nigeria won. Ultimately I decided to apply for Ivory Coast and got it. It's not the strongest squad, but should provide a chance to win in 2027. But finding a club took a long time. In the end I made a new contract with Real Betis in 13/3/2026. In 22/23 they were relegated from BBVA but they got second in Adelante the next season, only to relegate again in 24/25. Maybe I could ensure the promotion back to BBVA and keep them up next season? Im just hoping to build up reputation and this is a good opportunity to do so.

News from Betis contract:

Spoiler

5992820f53750.jpg

League table round 29/42:

Spoiler

5992820f6a96c.jpg

Something interesting happened just few days after my appointment:

Spoiler

5992820f622d6.jpg

2019/2020 Season Review

header_logo.jpg

Well, the season isn't actually over, but my time here is. We finished our trophy collection in Africa winning the 2 remaining trophies missing from Mthatha Bucks' cabinet. We won the MTN 8 Cup (yay?), but most importantly, we got the victory in the Champions League I was desperately looking for. Due to losing some players on free transfers, I had to drastically change my style which worked so successfully in the domestic league, especially against unknown opposition. Luckily, we played more familiar opposition in Ajax CT in the final, who we had already played 3 times before this, twice in the MTN 8 and once in the league, so I knew what to expect. We came through relatively easily and I'm delighted to say that Africa is checked off the list :)

MTN 8 Cup

I won't go into huge detail, but we won the one remaining domestic cup trophy we hadn't yet, although I wasn't that bothered by it, a trophy is a trophy. The game in the final against the usual enemy Kaizer Chiefs was a cracker however.

Fixtures/Results

African Champions League

The big one. It started off really well, smashing everything in our way, including a HUGE 8-1 victory away to Al-Alhy, until as mentioned above, we had a revamp of the squad, which meant I had a lot of players no longer with the club, or unavailable due to not being registered, so I had to use some of our lesser players, and took a more counter-attacking approach. As you can see from the fixtures, it worked, and we won based on having a mean defence, not something I'd normally associate this side with and in the process ended up setting a record for the most clean sheets in the competition's history. I was glad to play Ajax CT in the final however, as we'd already beaten them 3 times this season prior to it :D

Fixtures/Results

Fixtures/Results continued

Conclusion

What next? Well, I'll probably resign now. The Chinese season is pretty much finished, so I may make that my next destination, in pretty good timing too. The Guangzhou Evergrande manger's position is "Very Insecure" and the Jiangsu manger's position is "Under Review", whether I'm classed as good enough for either of those sides is a different matter. It's been a blast with Mthatha Bucks, building them as a force in South Africa, as well as leaving them a tidy £5m in the bank, with a new stadium on the way, and a whole bunch of fantastic youth prospects, hopefully they can continue on without me.

Will do a quick post again once I have a new job :)

Season   	Team    	    Position  	Notes and Achievements
16/17	 	Mthatha Bucks       3rd		Promoted to ABSA Premiership. Was only in charge for 4 league games and the playoffs. 
17/18		Mthatha Bucks	    1st		Winners of ABSA Premiership. Semi-final of Nedbank Cup. African CL qualification.
18/19	        Mthatha Bucks	    1st		Winners of ABSA Premiership, winners of Nedbank Cup, winners of Telkom Knockout cup, group stage of African CL. New manager of Algeria. 
19/20		Mthatha Bucks	    n/a		Winners of MTN 8 Cup, winners of African Champions League, resigned shortly after.

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 top domestic leagues - (Mthatha Bucks, SA 2018)

1/10 domestic cups - (Mthatha Bucks, Nedbank Cup, 2019)

1/5 club continental championships (African CL, Mthatha Bucks, 2019)

0/1 club world championship

International

0/5 continental tournaments

0/2 world tournaments

Thanks @yugular :)

Speaking of job hunting, it didn't take me long to land a new one..

I am the new manager of Guangzhou Evergrande! I'm delighted with this, being one of the bigger teams in China I'm hoping that I can get Asia done pretty quickly. Their manager was sacked after finishing 4th in the Chinese Superleague. They have a very strong squad with players like Zeca, Jackson Martinez and Paulinho, including a tidy £35m transfer budget.

I have the African Championship of Nations coming soon too, I know it doesn't count towards the challenge, but I would like to put in a strong showing to avoid the sack!

2035/36 Season Review - PSG

Paris Saint-Germain F.C..png

Apologies for the slow update, have had an FM-free weekend! Anyway I only wanted 1 season in France, aim was to win the League and Cup and give the Champions League a good go. let's see how it went!

Ligue 1 - A stroll, we lead from game one, ended unbeaten only dropping points in 3 games, 108 points, 123 goals, insane!!!

French Cup - Like the other comps we breezed through to the final, we never really had a tough test. Stade Rennais in the final and we won the game 3-1

French League Cup - Eased into the final (with a 5-0 hammering of OM in the Semis), we played Nice in the final and won the game, but only just, it ended 1-1 and we managed to score the winner in the 120nd minute!

Champions League - We had a really easy group and breezed through in top spot. In the last 16 we beat Celtic 4-0, we then played Barcelona in the Quarters, it was an uphill task after losing the first leg at home 2-0, we played much better in the away leg but could only manage at 2-2 draw to go out 4-2 on aggregate. A major disappointment.

What next? - I need to keep moving, I still have Germany, Spain and England to win the League and Cup so 3 more chances at least to win the Champions League. I am quitting PSG straight the way and will go on a new job hunt. In the meantime its 2036 Euro Champs time with Italy!

Season   Team   		 Position  Notes and Achievements
17/18	Thanda Royal Zulu	1st		South African 1st Division Champs
18/19	Thanda Royal Zulu	1st		South African Premier Division Champs
19/20	Thanda Royal Zulu	2nd 		SA Knockout Cup and Super 8 Winner
2021	Thanda Royal Zulu			African Champions League Winners
2022	Shanggang		1st		Chinese Super League, Chinese Cup and Asian Champions League Winners
23/24	Cruz Azul		4th/4th		Mexican Opening Stage and Mexican Cup Champions
24/25	Cruz Azul		1st/6th		Nothing Won!
26/27 	Monterray		1st/1st		Opening/Closing Stage Winner and NACL Winners
28/29 	Hibernian		4th		Nothing won
29/30	Hibernian		2nd		Scottish Cup Winners
30/31	San Lorenzo		1st		Argentina Premier Division Winners
31/32	San Lorenzo		1st		Argentina League and Cup Winners + Copa Sudamericana Winners
2032	San Lorenzo				Copa Libertadores Winners and Club World Champs
32/33	Juventus		2nd		Italian Cup and Europa League Winners
33/34	Juventus		1st		Serie A, Italian Cup and Europa League Winners
35/36 	PSG			1st			A French League and Cup treble!

International
28-30	Ivory Coast		2029 ACON Winners
33-	Italy			2034 World Cup Winners

Challenge Progress

Club

6/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa - Thanda Royal Zulu 2019, China - Shanggang 2022, Mexico - Cruz Azul 2024, Argentina - San Lorenzo 2031, Italy - Juventus  2034, France - PSG 2036)

7/10 domestic cups (South Africa - Thanda Royal Zulu 2020, China - Shanggang 2022, Mexico - Cruz Azul 2024, Scotland - Hibernian 2030, Argentina - San Lorenzo 2031,Italy - Juventus  2033, France - PSG 2036)

4/5 club continental championships (Africa - Thanda Royal Zulu 2021, Asian - Shanggang 2022, North America - Monterray 2027, San Lorenzo - Argentina 2032)

1/1 club world championship - San Lorenzo 2032

International

1/5 continental tournaments (African Nations - Ivory Coast 2029)

1/2 world tournaments - (World Cup - Italy 2034)

Update

Just won the Gold cup with Mexico

Challenge Progress 
Club 
9/10 top domestic leagues - Northern Ireland, Holland, Germany, Italy, France, China, Brazil, Spain, England
6/10 domestic cups - JD Welsh Cup, Northern Irish Cup, English FA Cup, Coupe De France, Chinese FA Cup, Copa Del Rey
4/5 club continental championships - Asian Champions League, Copa Libertarodes, UEFA Champions League, NACL,
International 
5/5 continental tournaments - African Cup Of Nations, Asian Nations Cup, Copa America,Gold Cup, European Championships

CN-Ycq0i.jpg               logo_westham.png               kr.png

Season 2031/32

Stoke City, West Ham United and South Korea

Oh, Stoke.

Awful. Atrocious. Appalling. I could go on.

After waiting so long for a club job despite having a decent reputation and achieving some good success elsewhere, my time at Stoke wasn't pleasant. I lasted a whole two months before jumping ship to West Ham. And yet, somehow, I left them in a better position than when I took over. We were in the relegation zone as I approached my first game in charge, and yet when I left we were 5 points clear of the drop zone. You may be wondering why I chose to leave when things were moving in the right direction. The defeat to Spurs, of all bloody teams, when we lost 9-0 cast a shadow over my tenure. It showed that we were never going to be able to compete, and there were limited funds to be able to improve the squad. When West Ham offered me the job, I jumped at the chance.

The starting XI is much, much better, and they were still in the FA Cup as well. I used the remaining couple of months to figure out who was going to be useful, and who would be heading for the exit door in the summer. We were a little inconsistent, beating Chelsea one week and then losing to Sunderland the next. That is something that is clearly going to need to be rectified before next season.

We actually went into the last game of the season, away at Man Utd, with a chance of finishing 7th and securing European football for next season. Man Utd, however, knew a win combined with a defeat for Chelsea (who were away at Arsenal) would hand them the title on goal difference. Arsenal duly delivered a 3-0 beating of their London rivals, and we couldn't spoil the Man Utd party. We were smashed. A man down after 3 minutes, and then down to 9 men just after half time, we capitulated in the most hilarious fashion.

We lost 10-2. Yes, you read that right. We conceded ten goals. TEN! The players even refunded the costs for our poor supporters.

This wouldn't have been that much of a major issue, but the two players who were sent off are my key central midfielder, and my second choice striker, who was only playing because my first choice striker, Mario Hrupec, managed to get himself injured the game before. The reason these were issues? We had managed to beat both Chelsea (3-0!) and Arsenal (2-1 after extra time) to make it into the FA Cup final, where Liverpool awaited.

This presented a big dilemma. Do I move my AML Joe Shorrock, who is actually a natural striker, up top and play a 35 year old Ousmane Dembele on the wing? Or do I promote one of the youngsters who has been banging them in for the reserves, and hope if he gets a chance he just plays his natural game rather than the occasion? 20 year old Joe Hillier got the nod, and I kept Shorrock on the wing, where he had been ripping it up over the last three months, and what a decision it was. Hillier played well, but Shorrock scored a brace to seal a 2-1 win, and bring the FA Cup back to East London!

So what next? Well, whilst I think my first XI could potentially win the league, the rest of the squad isn't up to the same standard. The summer will see me trying to improve the squad, ready for both the league campaign and, hopefully, a Europa League run. I'm not going to set targets for next season until I've looked at what business I manage to do over the summer. Needless to say, after moving clubs so quickly, I have no plans to move on from West Ham for a fair while now. A busy summer awaits!

Club
Season        Team             Position      Notes and Achievements
2016/17      Dungannon     9th            Irish Cup winners, Mid-Ulster Cup winners

2018            Sligo Rovers    1st             League winners!

2019            Tianjin              1st             League winners!

2020            Tianjin              8th            FA Cup winners! Champions League winners!

2021            Montreal         4th            League (MLS Cup) winners!

2022            Montreal         1st             Won MLS Supporters' Shield, currently in last 8 of NACL

2023            Montreal          N/A          NACL winners!

2023            Palmeiras        9th           Brazilian Cup winners!

2024/25      Ajax                  1st            League winners!

2025/26     Unemployed

2026/27     Orlando Pirates  8th      Took over with 10 games to go.

2027/28     Orlando Pirates  4th      SA Knockout Cup winners!

2028/29     Orlando Pirates   2nd    SA FA Cup winners!

2029/30     Orlando Pirates   1st     League Winners! SA FA Cup winners!

2030          Orlando Pirates    1st     Champions League winners!

2031          Unemployed

2031/32    Stoke                      17th   Left after two months five points clear of the drop zone

2031/32    West Ham              9th     FA Cup winners!

Country

2021           Ivory Coast         Qualified for the World Cup

2022           Ivory Coast         World Cup quarter finalists. Quarter finalists in CHAN. Qualified for African Cup of Nations

2023          Ivory Coast         African Cup of Nations winners!

2024          Unemployed

2025          USA                     Qualified for World Cup

2026          USA                     Lost in World Cup Semi Final (finished 3rd). Upto 5th in the world

2027          USA                     North American Gold Cup winners!              

2028          USA                     World Cup qualification is going well

2029          USA                     Lost in Confederations Cup Semi Final (finished 4th)

2030         Unemployed

2031         South Korea       East Asia Cup winners!

Challenge Progress

Club

5/10 top domestic leagues - Republic of Ireland (Sligo), China (Tianjin), USA (Montreal), Netherlands (Ajax), South Africa (Orlando Pirates)

5/10 domestic cups - Northern Ireland (Dungannon), China (Tianjin), Brazil (Palmeiras), South Africa (Orlando Pirates), England (West Ham)

3/5 club continental championships - Asian Champions League (Tianjin), NACL (Montreal Impact), African Champions League (Orlando Pirates)

0/1 club world championship -

International

2/5 continental tournaments - African Cup of Nations (Ivory Coast 2023), North American Gold Cup (USA 2027)

0/2 world tournaments -

2036 European Championships - Italy

Flag of Italy

Group Stage - So we were favourites to win the tournament and after being handed a group consisting of Scotland, Switzerland and Poland my hopes were given an even bigger lift. Then came the first game, v Switzerland, a 1-0 loss, a shocking performance, then came Poland, another horrid performance but we scraped a 1-0 win. finally was Scotland, and it got worse, a shocking 0-0 draw. We ended the group in 3rd and we had the gruelling wait to see if we would qualify as one of the best 3rd places. Somehow we had done it, we probably didn't deserve it but we were into the last 16!

Last 16 - Where we would play 3rd in the World England. The toughest game we could've got and we would have to perform a LOT better to get through. Eventually my boys turned up, we went 1-0 up just before half time and by the hour mark we were 3-0 up, England scored late but we were through!

Quarter Final - Another tough test, this time against Holland. The game was tight but we scored on 23 mins to take the lead. We then sat back and soaked up the pressure, Holland had so many chances but couldn't find the way through, we were into the Semis by the skin of our teeth.

Semi Final - Belgium next up, 12th in the World ranking and had just dumped out Spain. Again we scored early but Belgium immediately levelled the game. No more goals and it went to penalties. We both missed our first and then scored our next 3, it went to the final penalty. Belgium missed, we scored, game over and we are into the final!!

Final - It doesn't get any easier, we had Germany! It took a while to get going but at half time it was 1-1, in the 2nd half we went crazy, 52 mins 2-1, 64 mins 3-1, 80 mins 4-1. We absolutely smashed them! It started so slowly and we were lucky to get our the group stage but we had done it. EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS!!!

What Next? - With the Confederations Cup 12 months away I'm sticking with Italy for another year to try and win that then I'm off.

In other news - It's only taken a few weeks and I've been offered a sensational job with Real Madrid, they sacked their boss after ending the La Liga season in 3rd, 11 points behind Barca and Atletico Madrid. Not much money to spend but the squad looks decent.

Season   Team   		 Position  Notes and Achievements
17/18	Thanda Royal Zulu	1st		South African 1st Division Champs
18/19	Thanda Royal Zulu	1st		South African Premier Division Champs
19/20	Thanda Royal Zulu	2nd 		SA Knockout Cup and Super 8 Winner
2021	Thanda Royal Zulu			African Champions League Winners
2022	Shanggang		1st		Chinese Super League, Chinese Cup and Asian Champions League Winners
23/24	Cruz Azul		4th/4th		Mexican Opening Stage and Mexican Cup Champions
24/25	Cruz Azul		1st/6th		Nothing Won!
26/27 	Monterray		1st/1st		Opening/Closing Stage Winner and NACL Winners
28/29 	Hibernian		4th		Nothing won
29/30	Hibernian		2nd		Scottish Cup Winners
30/31	San Lorenzo		1st		Argentina Premier Division Winners
31/32	San Lorenzo		1st		Argentina League and Cup Winners + Copa Sudamericana Winners
2032	San Lorenzo				Copa Libertadores Winners and Club World Champs
32/33	Juventus		2nd		Italian Cup and Europa League Winners
33/34	Juventus		1st		Serie A, Italian Cup and Europa League Winners
35/36 	PSG			1st			A French League and Cup treble!

International
28-30	Ivory Coast		2029 ACON Winners
33-	Italy			2034 World Cup Winners
				2036 Euro Champs Winners

Challenge Progress

Club

6/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa - Thanda Royal Zulu 2019, China - Shanggang 2022, Mexico - Cruz Azul 2024, Argentina - San Lorenzo 2031, Italy - Juventus  2034, France - PSG 2036)

7/10 domestic cups (South Africa - Thanda Royal Zulu 2020, China - Shanggang 2022, Mexico - Cruz Azul 2024, Scotland - Hibernian 2030, Argentina - San Lorenzo 2031,Italy - Juventus  2033, France - PSG 2036)

4/5 club continental championships (Africa - Thanda Royal Zulu 2021, Asian - Shanggang 2022, North America - Monterray 2027, San Lorenzo - Argentina 2032)

1/1 club world championship - San Lorenzo 2032

International

2/5 continental tournaments (Africa - Ivory Coast 2029, Europe - Italy 2036)

1/2 world tournaments - (World Cup - Italy 2034)

Update

Just won MLS and Lamar Hunt (USA FA Cup) double,  just got African Champions League and a few cups left now.

Challenge Progress 
Club 
10/10 top domestic leagues - Northern Ireland, Holland,USA,Germany, Italy, France, China, Brazil, Spain, England
7/10 domestic cups - JD Welsh Cup,Lamar Hunt Cup, Northern Irish Cup, English FA Cup, Coupe De France, Chinese FA Cup, Copa Del Rey
International 
5/5 continental tournaments - African Cup Of Nations, Asian Nations Cup, Copa America,Gold Cup, European Championships

Lamar Hunt.png

MLS.png

244.png&h=288&scale=crop&w=288&location=

I managed to win the Liga Adelante! Next season will be tough, but who knows maybe I have a chance to win a cup or something? At least im trying to stay clear from relegation and build more reputation for myself. Transfer window in summer was hard for me, but I managed to get some players I needed and was also able to offload some unwanted players (like all wingers).

599530f9ee086.jpg

World Cup 2026 with Ivory Coast

Brazil - Lost 0-1

Jamaica - Draw 1-1

Italy - Lost 0-2

Well I didnt expect much and I get to keep my job. Next up is the competition I was here for anyway!

Season       Team             Position         Champs League       Notes and Achievements     
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16/17	Carlisle              7th Sky Bet League 2	           Lost in playoffs rnd 1
17/18   Carlisle              1st Sky Bet League 2                 Promotion 
18/19   Middlesbrough         2nd Championship                     Promotion
19/20   Middlesbrough         5th Premier League                   EC slot
21/22   New England Revolution MLS                                 resigned
22/23   Orlando Pirates       1st ABSA Premiership                 runner-up in CAF Confederations Cup
23/24   Orlando Pirates       1st ASBA Premiership Won CAF CL      Won MTN8Cup
24/25   Orlando Pirates       resigned in January                  Won Telkom Knockout
25/26   Real Betis            1st Liga Adelante                    Won promotion

International:
Season      Team             Notes and Achievements:
---------------------------------------------------------
2020        Croatia          Won European Championship
2022        Spain            Won World Cup
2024        Spain            Top4 in European Championship, got sacked
2026        Ivory Coast      Group stage 3rd in World Cup

Challenge Progress 5/33

Club
 1/10 top domestic leagues (ABSA Premiership 22/23/Orlando Pirates)
 1/10 domestic cups (Telkom Knockout 24/25/Orlando Pirates)
 1/5 club continental championships (CAF CL 23/24/Orlando Pirates 

International
 1/5 continental tournaments (European Championship 2020/Croatia)
 1/2 world tournaments (World Cup 2022/Spain)

Hi all newcomer here. Haven't played FM for years but decided to play and got my beloved Villa promoted quite easily. Now that I'm fully addicted again I want to give this challenge a go.

Any advice on what leagues I should load up or any advice at all (not fully across all facets of the game anymore)  would be greatly appreciated! 

Just now, SkiIIs said:

Hi all newcomer here. Haven't played FM for years but decided to play and got my beloved Villa promoted quite easily. Now that I'm fully addicted again I want to give this challenge a go.

Any advice on what leagues I should load up or any advice at all (not fully across all facets of the game anymore)  would be greatly appreciated! 

There is some advice in post 3of this thread.

The standard approach is either to

a) start in China or S Africa. This made a lot more sense when one could get a top division job in these countries, but still a viable option.

b) get a top division job in a small nation. There's a risk of not being able to get a decent second job if you do this, but it's worked for some people, (including me on one save in Finland. Just don't start in a really small nation).

c) start in a lower division somewhere like England.

The nations not to load are the South American ones. You (almost certainly) won't get a first job there. I believe it's the same thing with North America. 

And as I've said in post 3, be patient. taking the first job you're offered will usually be a bad idea.

One more piece of advice. Get ready for frustration and failure. You have to embrace that as part of the challenge. Don't be put off by the seeming easy success others have. Some of the people who've done this challenge are really good at the game, and even the best players sometimes have things go belly up in a final. Make sure you're having fun. 

I sometimes really worry about the misery this challenge causes. When I was knocked out of last year's Libertadores in the semi final in extra time with 2 of my players sent off, I was disconsolate.

@Collzy double congrats with completing Africa and getting such a plumb job in China.

@Cheekybananafm Lots of congrats for PSG, the Real Madrid and the Italy win.

@yugular congrats on the promotion with Betis.

As for my save, I've had to start again as I messed up my starting options when creating the game, it's no great loss as hadn't a chance to really get into the save and had only played 3 or 4 games so a quick restart before a 4 day weekend where most will be spent playing FM should see me get through some quick seasons so I'll say sorry now if I end up spamming the thread in the next few days :D 

Season Review 2021/22

99ge2o.jpg

So Argentina was going great. Finally settling  on a formation and also deciding the team will be a Talent factory for the Big European clubs so far making Manchester United pay 5 mil for a 1 million player and the last one 16 yr old worth 800k and making Real Madrid pay 5 million for him. If you want the talent you pay the money….

PRE SEASON

The team played 3 games winning 2 losing 1..

TRANSFERS

No real transfers to shout about. Maybe poaching a player from Boca was my highlight

SUPERCOPA ARGENTINA

Beating Rosario 4-0 made sure we won the trophy

LEAGUE The league was a forgone conclusion although it was closer than last season

COPA ARGENTINA

Winning the trophy last season The team is still in the Copa Argentina but now in the 6th round only just scrapping through by skin of my teeth Velez pushing me to penalties and nearly winning it but we eventually won on penalties 3-2..we need to up our game  

COPA SUDAMERICANA

Looking to go as far as possible in this Competition if I can get lucky on the draws and avoid the Top Brazilian Teams, 

THE FUTURE

A Great second  season in Argentina and i have a great team here. I'm not leaving until i have won the Copa Libatadores…signed a contract extension my goal is the Copa Libertadores, even maybe sacrificing a cup. It could be risky but I’m willing to take the risk

Its getting harder to keep my talent at the club with big clubs sniffing about them. Minds made up win the Copa Libatadores and go on to my next adventure, Also looking into International Management, African team maybe to start that or U20s

Season       Team             Position         Champs League       Notes and Achievements     
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016         FC Gute            8th                                    N/A
2017         FC Gute            1st                                    Sweden Second DIV South Svealand 1st Champions!!!!!
2018      Bohiemians            1st                                    League Champions, Irish League cup Winners   
2019      Bohiemians            1st                                    League Champions,Irish League Cup, Irish Presidents Cup, Irish Leinster Senior Cup
2019/20   River Plate           1st                                    League Champions  
2020/21   River Plate           1st                                    Supercopa Argentina, League Champions, Copa Argentina

2/10 top domestic leagues (Irish League, Argentinian League)
2/10 domestic cups (Irish Cup, Copa Argentina)
0/5 club continental championships  

It had not occurred to me that as i have played a few seasons in Argentina, I had started the Copa Sudemericana but nothing no other fixture??. And i have won the Cup to get me into the Copa Libertadores but again nothing???, Can somebody clarify It seems to of stopped processing fixtures and the last previous winners were 2019 in both competitions...Advice/hints greatly appreciated..

8 hours ago, streety said:

It had not occurred to me that as i have played a few seasons in Argentina, I had started the Copa Sudemericana but nothing no other fixture??. And i have won the Cup to get me into the Copa Libertadores but again nothing???, Can somebody clarify It seems to of stopped processing fixtures and the last previous winners were 2019 in both competitions...Advice/hints greatly appreciated..

Sorry this has happened to you as well. It's the dreaded Copa Lib bug. 

There's nothing you can do I'm afraid.

What version of the game did you start on?

Somebody (I think it's pug407) is continuing with the challenge, and winning another trophy instead, but one possible difference is that he's completed the challenge before. But I suppose that you could win the Sudamerica instead, and I'll still put you in the hall of fame etc. 

Edited by vikeologist

Yep i did read alot on the forums last night...Looks like ive been hit with the South American bug where it will not process fixtures for Copa S or Copa L...I think i started on the original version of the game?... i know it was one of the three first saves i started this along with Dafuge and my Stafford game. Now your going to tell me I'm going to have to start again arent you..as this challenge is now incompletable.:seagull::seagull::seagull::seagull:.

"Manage in another country" he says "test yourself" he says... Argentina looks and sounds good. Oh well will think about starting again if i have to but i was really enjoying this save, Don't know if i will all the effort and enjoyments just been taken away from me. Will ponder it over the next few days

Edited by streety

@streety - You don't need to restart. It's happened to me, and I've decided to win another continental trophy instead. I think we agreed that it had to be with a different team (so you couldn't win the Europa League and Champions League with the same team) or if it was winning the Champions League twice it had to be with clubs from different nations (e.g USA and Mexico for the NACL, South Korea and China for the Asian Champions League, etc). I was feeling like you were when I'd managed to land a job in Brazil, so don't worry about it.

Update

So I won both South African cups, I will put them down as 2 separate cups for the challenge but if @vikeologist can tell if this is wrong I will edit it. 

I forgot to put the EFL Cup I won with Everton from ages a go so I now have 10 domestic cups if you are allowed 2 in one country to count, if you aint allowed then I got to get 2 more cups in different countries, my aim now is to win the African Champions League and complete the challenge at last lol.

Challenge Progress 
Club 
10/10 top domestic leagues - Northern Ireland, Holland,USA,Germany, Italy, France, China, Brazil, Spain, England
10/10 domestic cups - JD Welsh Cup,Lamar Hunt Cup,South African Knockout Cup, South African Nedbank Cup, Northern Irish Cup, English FA Cup,EFL Cup, Coupe De France, Chinese FA Cup, Copa Del Rey
International 

South African Treble.png

2 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Update

So I won both South African cups, I will put them down as 2 separate cups for the challenge but if @vikeologist can tell if this is wrong I will edit it. 

I forgot to put the EFL Cup I won with Everton from ages a go so I now have 10 domestic cups if you are allowed 2 in one country to count, if you aint allowed then I got to get 2 more cups in different countries, my aim now is to win the African Champions League and complete the challenge at last lol.

Challenge Progress 
Club 
10/10 domestic cups - JD Welsh Cup,Lamar Hunt Cup,South African Knockout Cup, South African Nedbank Cup, Northern Irish Cup, English FA Cup,EFL Cup, Coupe De France, Chinese FA Cup, Copa Del Rey
International 

South African Treble.png

1 Cup From 1 Nation Sorry

Ok thank you for clarifying this for me.

Challenge Progress 
Club 
8/10 domestic cups - JD Welsh Cup,Lamar Hunt Cup,South African Nedbank Cup, Northern Irish Cup, English FA Cup,Coupe De France, Chinese FA Cup, Copa Del Rey
International 

10 hours ago, vikeologist said:

Sorry this has happened to you as well. It's the dreaded Copa Lib bug. 

There's nothing you can do I'm afraid.

What version of the game did you start on?

Somebody (I think it's pug407) is continuing with the challenge, and winning another trophy instead, but one possible difference is that he's completed the challenge before. But I suppose that you could win the Sudamerica instead, and I'll still put you in the hall of fame etc. 

9 hours ago, numero uno gunner said:

@streety - You don't need to restart. It's happened to me, and I've decided to win another continental trophy instead. I think we agreed that it had to be with a different team (so you couldn't win the Europa League and Champions League with the same team) or if it was winning the Champions League twice it had to be with clubs from different nations (e.g USA and Mexico for the NACL, South Korea and China for the Asian Champions League, etc). I was feeling like you were when I'd managed to land a job in Brazil, so don't worry about it.

Cheers for the update and advice guys greatly appreciated..I may or may not have resigned in a ragequit fasion from River Last night but didnt save it when i figured out and read on the forums about the bug i shall neither confirm or deny these rumours. So To replace the Copa L  which trophies would deem a good replacement for the Continental trophy?

59972aa90d30b_MTHATHABUCKSFC.png.11f55ba0c2344fb9ef418cf91f2af59d.png

Season 2016/17 Review Mthatha Bucks

Right so I'm finally back. had thought about it but despite my reservations I decided to start in South Africa again, I'm gonna need it at some stage and I know how to win everything here (I hope) after 16 games the Mthatha Bucks manager left to take over a Premier league side with the Bucks in 9th spot just 5 points off the playoffs so I was confident when taking over. Won our first 3 games with an aggregate of 8-0, at half time in the 4th we were 5-0 up and I thought we would be cruising to promotion - what's that saying about pride and a fall again? :D we gave away 3 goals from 4 shots in the 2nd half. In the next game we played 3rd place Tuks (who we had closed to within a point of) we lost 1-0. We then had 2 games against the bottom 3 and drew them both 1-1 leaving us 7 points off the playoffs. A couple of wins before a trip to the league leaders Black Leopards. A great performance from us saw us run out 2-0 winners. With 4 games left we were in top 3 and only 2 off the top a draw and a win gave us a chance of not only promotion but the title. We beat 3rd place Royal Eagles thanks to a 90th minute winner. In the last game we were 3rd, 1 point behind Black Leopards, who were playing 2nd place Tuks (who we were level with us) a draw in that game and a win for us would see us as champions. A nervy final day could only see us draw with midtable Witbank meant it didn't matter (a 92nd minute goal for Leopards got them a point and would have won us the title had we won)

In the playoffs we played Tuks and Baroka from the top flight. First game we smashed Baroka 5-1, followed up with 1-0 win over Tuks left us in the driving seat after those 2 drew. A late loss at home to Baroka and them losing to Tuks meant we had to avoid defeat away to Tuks to go up. A nervy game saw us go in level at half time. On 75 minutes we got a penalty, neatly tucked away, but were pegged back almost straight away. We went full on time wasting and on to contain to hold out, somehow we did and were promoted! First challenge down.

Career Overview

Year		Club			Country		League position		Achievements 
2016/17		Mthatha Bucks		South Africa    3rd 			Promotion	

Ok after running into the Copa L glitch, i felt it time to leave River Plate while i was there i won them 2 Argentian Premier Divison trophies, 1 Copa Argentina, 1 SuperCopa Argentina trophy. Now looking for pastures new

Challenge Progress 
Club 
8/10 domestic cups - JD Welsh Cup,Lamar Hunt Cup,South African Nedbank Cup, Northern Irish Cup, English FA Cup,Coupe De France, Chinese FA Cup, Copa Del Rey
International 

African Champions League.png

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

Well it took some time but i have a new Job...

Image result for ac milan

14th in Seria A. The squad need some work doing to it, I'm hoping to turn the form around, I feel it won't be easy 

255px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png

South Africa ACON 2055 Report

Here we go again. ACON number 3 with South Africa and while I know not to be optimistic ahead of this competition, we have the best squad i've ever managed for an African international team. My star striker Siyabulela "Simba" Sihlangu is one of the very best players in the world and we have quality across the board. We qualified with 6 straight wins, only conceding one goal and all pre-tournament friendlies were resounding victories. I've done a lot of tactical tinkering in the last two years and experimented with a few different formations such as a 4-2-3-1 and a 4-3-3 but decided to opt for a 4-4-1-1. Its a slight alteration on my usual 4-4-2 but including an attacking midfielder as South Africa seems to produce a lot of those. we've drawn a group with Guinea, Ivory Coast and Tanzania. Here's how we went:

Group Stage

Spoiler

South Africa 6-0 Tanzania (goals from Simba x2, Mokoena x2, Buthelezi, Mtshali) A very solid start as we dominated Tanzania.

South Africa 3-1 Ivory Coast (goals from Simba, Mokoena, Mokhele) Another good win and we're already through to the quarter finals. The team is looking really good.

South Africa 4-1 Guinea (goals from Mayongo, Khwela x2, Nkala) Plenty of rotation here and we went behind initially but responded well. Simba was injured for this one but backup striker Khwela stepped up. Now on to Mali in the quarter finals.

Quarter finals (if applicable)

Spoiler

South Africa 3-0 Mali (goals from Simba, Mokoena, Mtshali) A very solid win as we breezed past Mali. Every other team left in the competition seems to be from North Africa so we will have to topple a few of them if we are to win it. We are playing Egypt in the semi final, same as last time but I think we have a much better chance and i'm way more optimistic.

Semi finals (if applicable)

Spoiler

South Africa 1-2 Egypt aet (goal from Mokhele) I've been absolutely FM'd here! 21 shots to 8, 6 on target to 3, 2 clear cut chances to 1, 2 half chances to 1. Absolutely fuming at this one. They scored their first through a horrible attempt at a backpass, exactly how they scored their first last time. We then struck back scoring a penalty a few minutes later. We went on to hit the woodwork but it went to extra time. They scored again, as my back four had an absolute nightmare, despite not having a notably bad game at any point in the last 2 years. We had a great chance to level it in the last minute but it shaved the outside of the post as it went wide. We did not deserve to lose this one.

3rd place playoff (if applicable)

Spoiler

South Africa 5-3 Algeria aet (goals from Simba x2, Buthelezi, Dladla, Mokoena) instant resulted but we got a good win apparently. 3rd place finish in the ACON for the second time in a row.

Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Egypt went on to win the tournament.

Aftermath

Spoiler

Well this one was really disappointing. We had the best team in the competition and I really think we should have won it. This feels like a really hard level of some other video game where no matter what I do I cannot beat it. I've seriously thought about giving up the challenge because of this despite coming so far but I'm determined to finish it eventually. maybe i'll swap jobs but that doesn't seem to help much. If an Asian job comes up I might give that a try, but I have seen very few come up in the last 10 years or so. I still cannot fault my South Africa team for their effort as they honestly did not play a single bad game, other than my back 4 in the semi final. Maybe after 2 more years of development the defence will be a bit more solid but 4 years of development since our runners up finish in 2051 has seemingly done nothing.

Update: I've taken the job managing Australia and will attempt to conquer the 2059 Asian Cup. Then i'm sure i'll be ready for some more African football...

a1hf.jpg

here's my updated career timeline as well:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17      Royal Eagles     2nd                  -               Promoted to South African Premier League
2017/18      Royal Eagles     1st                  -               KO Cup winners, MOTS, CL qualification
2018/19      Royal Eagles     2nd                  -               FA Cup runners up, CL qualification, CL ongoing
2019/20      Royal Eagles     1st              Semi Final          KO Cup winners, FA Cup winners, MOTS, CL qualification
2020/21      Royal Eagles     --               Semi Final          KO Cup winners, Super 8 runners up, left halfway through season for Molde
2021         Molde            1st                  -               Cup winners, MOTS, CL qualification
2022         Molde            --                   -               Undefeated and 1st in the league when I left for Genk
2022/23      Genk             1st                  -               EL Semi finalists
2023/24      Genk             2nd              Group Stage         Super Cup winners, Cup runners up, EL Quarter finalists
2024/25      Genk             1st               Playoff            Cup winners, CL qualification
2025/26      Saint Etienne    3rd                  -               Supercup winners, Cup runners up, EL Semi finals, MOTS, CL qualification
2026/27      Saint Etienne    3rd               Playoff            Cup winners, EL Quarter finals, CL qualification
2027         Jeonbuk          1st              Semi Final          Took over in 6th position, CL qualification
2028         Jeonbuk          1st              CHAMPIONS           Cup winners, MOTS, FA cup best manager, CL qualification, 5th in CWC
2029/30      Tigres        1st + 2nd               -               Cup winners, Libertadores qualification, MOTS
2030/31      Tigres        1st + 1st           CHAMPIONS x2        Quintuple winners, CWC qualification, double CL qualification again, MOTS
2031/32      Tigres      3/4th + 1st     2nd Round + runner up     Recopa winners, CWC Champions, NACL runners up
2032/33      Roma             4th             1st KO Round         Cup semis, CL qualification
2033/34      Roma             1st             1st KO Round         Cup winners, MOTS, CL qualification
2034/35      BMG              1st             1st KO Round         Cup semis, CL qualification
2036/37      Chelsea          2nd             1st KO Round         EFL Cup runners up, FA Cup semis, CL qualification
2037/38      Chelsea          2nd             1st KO Round         FA Cup winners, EFL Cup runners up, CL qualification
2038/39      Chelsea          1st             1st KO Round         MOTS, CL qualification
2039/40      Chelsea          2nd              Semi Final          CL qualification
2040/41      Barcelona        1st             1st KO Round         CL qualification, Cup winners, Supercup winners, MOTS runner-up
2041/42      Barcelona        1st              Runners Up          Unbeaten in the League, Cup winners, Supercup winners, MOTS, CL qual.
2042/43      PSG              1st              CHAMPIONS           Cup winners x2, Supercup winners, CL qualification
2043/44      PSG              1st             1st KO Round         CWC winners, French + Euro Supercup winners, CL qualification
2044/45      Celtic           1st                  -               Cup winners, CL qualification
2045/46      Sundowns         4th                  -               FA Cup runners up
2046/47      Sundowns         1st                  -               Domestic quadruple winners, CL qualification
2047/48      Sundowns         1st                  -               KO Cup winners, African Confed winners, African Supercup winners, CL qual.
2048/49      Sundowns         1st              1st Round           Domestic quadruple winners, CL qualification
2049         Sundowns          -               CHAMPIONS           Super 8 winners, resigned after winning CL

Challenge Progress

Club
 10/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa- Royal Eagles, Norway- Molde, Belgium- Genk, South Korea- Jeonbuk, Mexico- Tigres, Italy- Roma, Germany- BMG, England- Chelsea, Spain- Barcelona, France- PSG)
 10/10 domestic cups (South Africa KO Cup- Royal Eagles, Norwegian Cup- Molde, Belgian Cup- Genk, Coupe de la Ligue(France)- Saint Etienne, Korean FA Cup- Jeonbuk, Mexican Cup Opening Stage- Tigres, Italian Cup- Roma, FA Cup- Chelsea, Copa del Rey- Barcelona, Scottish Cup- Celtic)
 5/5 club continental championships (Asian CL- Jeonbuk 2028, Copa Libertadores- Tigres 2031, NACL- Tigres 2031 Champions League- PSG 2043, African CL- Mamelodi Sundowns 2049) 
 1/1 club world championship (Tigres 2031)

International
 3/5 continental tournaments (Copa America 2031- Brazil, Gold Cup 2035- Mexico, European Championship 2040- Spain)
 2/2 world tournaments (Confederations Cup 2033- Brazil, World Cup 2034- Brazil)

International:
Season       Team             Notes and Achievements     
----------------------------------------------------------
2018        China U23         Won Asian Games
2019        Cameroon          Started ACON qualification, switched to Algeria
2019        Algeria           Resigned after 2 games
2021        Nigeria           Qualified for world cup, ACON qualification ongoing
2022        Nigeria           Knocked out of World Cup in group stage, resigned
2023        Ivory Coast       Started World Cup and ACON qualifying
2024        Ivory Coast       Qualified for ACON
2025        Ivory Coast       Knocked out of ACON in quarter finals, resigned
2026        Ghana             Qualified for ACON
2027        Ghana             ACON runners up, resigned
2028        SK + France U23   Won U23 Asian Cup, Olympic silver medallists
2029        Brazil            Qualified for World Cup
2030        Brazil            4th in World Cup
2031        Brazil            Copa America Winners!
2032        Brazil            Qualified for World Cup
2033        Brazil            Confederations Cup Winners!
2034        Brazil            World Cup Winners!
2035        Mexico            Gold Cup Winners!
2036        Spain             Started World Cup qualifying
2037        Spain             Qualified unbeaten for the World Cup
2038        Spain             World Cup runners-up
2039        Spain             European International League Div.A Winners!
2040        Spain             European Championship Winners!
2041        Ivory Coast       Missed out on World Cup qualification on goal difference
2042        Ivory Coast       Qualified for ACON
2043        Ivory Coast       Knocked out of ACON in quarter finals, resigned
2044        Egypt             CHAN runners-up
2045        Egypt             Knocked out of ACON in quarter finals, resigned
2046        Senegal           Knocked out of World Cup in quarter finals
2047        Senegal           ACON runners-up, resigned
2048        Nigeria           CHAN Winners, qualified for ACON
2049        Nigeria           Knocked out of ACON in semi finals, resigned
2050        South Africa      CHAN winners, knocked out of World Cup in group stage
2051        South Africa      ACON runners up
2052        South Africa      Knocked out of CHAN in quarter finals
2053        South Africa      3rd place in ACON
2054        South Africa      Knocked out of CHAN in quarter finals
2055        South Africa      3rd place in ACON

@Fadedaf Wow, what can I say? That's 8 ACONs now, is it? Through my last 3 attempts at the challenge, I'm on 7 straight ACON losses, so you're ahead of me again. Have you ever won the ACON, like ever in Football Manager? It took 4 goes (I think) in FM15, so I'm  1 for 11. No wonder I hate the competition, though maybe not quite as much as you.  Please don't give up. I wasn't really being encouraging with my ACON record, was I?

@streety I'm not sure there is a consensus on what to do after encountering the Lib bug. I think the key thing is to decide what you want to do to make up for the Lib. What will be fun for you? I think though thatyou must decide what 'extra' trophy you're going to win, not wait to see what you win, and then count it then. It has to be a continental trophy as well, so

-Copa Sudamerica (which obviously most of the time stops working at the same time, but I could count it if someone won it beforehand)

-Another Champions League with clubs from a second nation. (Obviously this rules out Africa).

-Europa League (from a non big 5 nation) or the minor Asian club thing.? Not really keen on this as a replacement, but it would mean managing in a different Asian nation, probably, which could be interesting. It really is just you and n1g, so not worth introducing actual challenge rules for this. Just hope it's fixed thoroughly for FM18.

For the record, if any member of SI staff does this challenge, they have to win the ACON twice. It doesn't matter if they win a Lib that's working. They still need to win the ACON twice. They owe us. I might even put this in the rules at the start of the thread.

@Ronaldo Beckham Nearly there now. When you do complete the challenge, it would be great if you made your 'victory' post include interesting pages such as the manager stats page, because the hall of fame will link (hopefully) to your victory post. That's the one post that future generations might look at, and study at school. Saying that I think mayihavecookie edited his victory post with a splendid photoshopped image of Walter White, and I'm probably the first person (just now) to even see it.

Anyway, I don't think you actually won the MLS. You won the Supporters Shield, but that's not the league. Did you win the MLS Cup? Anyway, nobody spotted it at the time, so we'll have to count the Supporters Shield, but (and I don't know how to make this friendly and non-aggressive, maybe a surfeit of smilies:):thup::hammer:), read the frigging rules.

Anyway, enough about you lot. Time for my latest tale of woe.

Edited by vikeologist

Vikeologist's Universidad de Chile (and Nigeria) 2023 Report 

Image result for u de chile

Another league / cup double (that's 4 in a row now). Colo Colo looked as though they would make it interesting with 14 wins (Including against us) and a draw from their first 15 matches, but then they didn't.

We lost in the Libertadores semi-final again. Unlike last year, this wasn't really bad luck. We were beaten by Santos, who won the Brazilian league comfortably, and predictably the Lib as well.

I might take a quick break from the challenge; (playing it. My anal retentive shepherding of this thread is the only thing that gives my life meaning, so don't fret).

Domestic
Season	Team					Position	Notes										Challenge Landmarks
2016	Dalian Yifang				7th		Took over for last 2 matches of the season
2017	Dalian Yifang				2nd		Promted to Chinese Super League
2018	Dalian Yifang				5th		Won FA Cup and therefore qualification to CL group stage. 			1st domestic cup
2019	Dalian Yifang				1st		Left with 3 matches left and the league already won.				1st domestic league
2019	U de Chile						Took over with 4 matches of season left, in 5th place and in Cup Q/F 
2020	U de Chile				1st		League / Cup Double								2nd domestic league and cup
2021	U de Chile				1st		Another league / cup double. Lib Q/F knocked out on penalties.
2022	U de Chile				1st		And another double. Lost in Lib S/F extra time after having 2 players sent off.
2023	U de Chile				1st		4th successive double. 2nd succssive Lib s/f exit.

International
Year	Team					Achievements
2018	China U23				Asian Games
2019-21	Ghana					Quit after losing in ACON Q/F
2021-	Nigeria					2023 ACON losing finalists
Challenge Progress

Club
 2/10 top domestic leagues 			(China, Chile)
 2/10 domestic cups 				(China, Chile)			
 0/5 club continental championships 	

International
 0/5 continental tournaments 		
 0/2 world tournaments 

@Fadedaf When I'm reading your ACON adventures, I feel a mix of well known frustration and sadness. This challenge can be such a bitc* sometimes and yet it's so difficult to leave it.

I haven't had a proper go at this on FM 17 because I had other good saves, but I read this thread regularly and prepare myself for FM 18 when I intend to fully immerse myself into this salt mine from the get go.

Challenge Progress 
Club 
10/10 top domestic leagues - Northern Ireland, Holland,South Africa,Germany, Italy, France, China, Brazil, Spain, England
International 

FINALLY DONE IT, CHALLENGE COMPLETED

I just won my last cup with Dundee, the Scottish Cup.

@vikeologist let me know what other screenshots you need please if you need them.

International 

Dundee Cup Win.png

Dundee Cup Win.png

Hall Of Fame 1.png

Hall Of Fame 2.png

My Bio 2.png

My Bio.png

My Hall Of Fame 3.png

My Hall Of Fame 4.png

My Manager Profile.png

I completely forgot that I was meant to be winning the Europa League with a non big 5 country team. For some utterly inexplicable reason, I had it in my head as non-big 5 teams, which, thinking about it, makes absolutely no bloody sense anyway.

So now I'm stuck at West Ham for a season with nothing to really play for. We've won a domestic cup (FA Cup last season) and there's no way the squad is good enough to win the league. I was targeting the Europa League this season, but that wont count anyway because of my own complete incompetence. Honestly, some days I amaze myself with my sheer uselessness...

@vikeologist I think its up to 9 failed ACONs in this save for me now. In my first challenge attempt the ACON was actually one of the only 3 trophies I managed, and I won it on the first try with Cameroon! 

@shirajzl it's definitely frustrating but that's why it's such a good challenge, I'm sure victory will be that much sweeter when it comes.

Hope I don't discourage anyone from starting with my failures, the challenge is great fun as well of course! I do miss club management however, definitely prefer that side of the game.

@Ronaldo Beckham Congrats on being the first FM17 completer to make it to the Hall of Fame. It's up to people what they put in their victory post. 

I know from personal experience that it's just such a relief that one just wants to instantly post, "Yes, I've done it. Where have my wife and kids gone"

The screen that I personally find interesting to see are 'Home - My History - Overview', but it's entirely up to people what they post, and indeed which post they want me to link to.

Anyway, hopefully you'll be joined by other FM17 completers soon.

@numero uno gunner If I'm honest I don't remember what I said to you about the extra trophy, so don't go by my post to @streety. I'd like to say that it's up to each of you as individuals what you do in this situation, and I guess to remember what you decided to do. I should point out though that the three of us are far from the only ones that this situation has happened to; just the 3 that it happened to before we'd won the Lib.

@vikeologist - I think I might just win the Europa League at some point, regardless of who it's with. The condition I'll put on it is I won't count it if it's a team who was in the Champions League and dropped down after finishing third in the group stage. I've not started the group stage of the Europa League with West Ham yet anyway. I really hope the Copa Lib is sorted out for FM18, as this wouldn't be an issue then. It's a shame, as I really enjoyed my time in Brazil last year. 

I'm glad to see this thread still so active. I'm determined that I'm going to complete the challenge again this year, but obviously at a much slower rate than last year. Looking back, I got very, very lucky with some of the jobs I got. It definitely feels harder to get jobs on this year's edition though.