AI Invincibles - When Other Teams Refuse to Lose

I know many players have taken their own team to undefeated seasons, but how often have you come across an AI-controlled team dominating the league with no defeats?

I ask because in my FM15 save, Chelsea have started a season with 24 wins and 4 draws from their first 28 matches...80 goals for, 19 goals against.

I know many players have taken their own team to undefeated seasons, but how often have you come across an AI-controlled team dominating the league with no defeats?

I ask because in my FM15 save, Chelsea have started a season with 24 wins and 4 draws from their first 28 matches...80 goals for, 19 goals against.

Chelsea are always strong in my saves. Can't remember the last time they didn't reach the CL final.

Chelsea are always strong in my saves. Can't remember the last time they didn't reach the CL final.

Yeah they tend to be very strong.

In my games they dominate the early half of the season, then Mourinho plays mind games and the media part of the game decides he has to die for doing that. So the team implodes and they go on a bad run that pretty much wipes out their advantage.

That's been the case in EVERY single FM game I've had at the top level.

Other trends I notice; Arsenal suck early on then surge up the table at the end of the season. Liverpool either suck enough to flirt with relegation or do well enough to be top 4. Barcelona and Madrid tend to be the main teams who can go unbeaten in my saves, except the last one which was very odd, Barcelona went out of the CL group stages and flatlined in the Europa league. Was a surprise!

Nah. Chelsea has usually been very strong in the first season in my games, but I've never seen them go undefeated. And I'm one of those that start many new saves from 2014. I usually finish much stronger than them (playing as Arsenal) in the last half of the season, but they often build up a lead in the first half that makes it very difficult to catch up. But I have also seen them struggling in some new saves, ending outside of the CL spots, or barely manage a 4th place.

Four seasons in the future, I manage Leicester. We got on a surprising roll early on, but we can't get within 10 points of Chelsea. When we visited Stamford Bridge, we lost 2-0, conceding two corner goals. At the very least, I would love to spoil their undefeated season when we play them at home.

2yn1opu.png

Archived