APEX PREDATOR for 15.2. League = 102 points, 118 Goals.... playing 442

My team is definately full of world class players now, but i think i could insert some pub players into this tactic and it would still work :)

Cool, i'll definately try out your new version of the tactic when you have one ready. Would be really interesting to see if i can better the results from last season. With no defeats, 16 goals conceded, winning the Capitol Cup and the Champions League, it's gonna take something really special :)

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gutted, since the patch this tactic just isn't doing anything for me in away matches, i have got world class players, the tactic is fluid and team chemistry is strong. i have done all the changes suggested, fluid to flexiable, added retain possession but still nothing, any help guys?

Thanks for the post Robbie.

Good to see it going well under 15.3, even though you will no doubt have an uber team by now.

Before you give up on the save i think i have a better version on the way, i'd be interested in seeing a comparison ;)

Still 442 Mr R?

I'm gutted, since the patch this tactic just isn't doing anything for me in away matches, i have got world class players, the tactic is fluid and team chemistry is strong. i have done all the changes suggested, fluid to flexiable, added retain possession but still nothing, any help guys?

my bad dont know why i didnt do this before but i switched from control to counter and its working a treat

My team is definately full of world class players now, but i think i could insert some pub players into this tactic and it would still work :)

Cool, i'll definately try out your new version of the tactic when you have one ready. Would be really interesting to see if i can better the results from last season. With no defeats, 16 goals conceded, winning the Capitol Cup and the Champions League, it's gonna take something really special :)

do you use fluid or flexible, do you use control or counter, i can't get this tactic to work after 15.3 for me, any tips would be great like team talks and OI? match prep?

I use fluid and control. 20% match preparation training with focus almost before every game on attacking movement. I never use OI, but do the teamtalks myself. Usually since i win every game, i use the instruction to pick up where they left off last game, and for half time talk i usually say well done, keep it up or don't get complacent. After the game i always tell them well done after winning.

cheers mate, this seems to have made all the difference with my Anderlecht save

changed to fluid again, added retain possession and i've now won 3 in a row and 2 were away at top clubs , my away form was my downfall

more time needed but i think it's working again, cheers

btw this is anderlecht in 2022/23 and not a dominant anderlecht from 2015, club brugge and Lokeren are the top clubs atm, i was asked to finish above midtable so you can probably tell we aren't the best squad atm

Finished a season with v2.

SX081MZ.jpg

Scored 13 more goals on 15.3 than the old tactic tactic did on 15.2 which is going some.

Conceded a few more. But 100 points is a dominant performance.

Away against the big boy...

Beat Tottenham 8-2

Beat Man U 5-3

Beat Chelsea 4-2

Beat Arsenal 4-2

Drew Liverpool 1-1

Beat Atletico 2-1 away in Champions League Knockout stages

Main disappointment was losing away to Bayern Munich 1-0 in Semi's of Champions League to go out.

Will run it with a small team and see how it goes but think i'm pretty happy.

City squad (goals order)

xv43trp.jpg

thanks to Robie Hood this tactic is working brilliantly again using his small tips

20% match training with focus on attacking movement, fluid and control, with retain possession added, destroying some teams at home 4 or 5-0 with beautiful possesion football and 4-4-2!!!!

8 game unbeaten run now, lost only once since i followed his advice!

Finished a season with v2.

SX081MZ.jpg

Scored 13 more goals on 15.3 than the old tactic tactic did on 15.2 which is going some.

Conceded a few more. But 100 points is a dominant performance.

Away against the big boy...

Beat Tottenham 8-2

Beat Man U 5-3

Beat Chelsea 4-2

Beat Arsenal 4-2

Drew Liverpool 1-1

Beat Atletico 2-1 away in Champions League Knockout stages

Main disappointment was losing away to Bayern Munich 1-0 in Semi's of Champions League to go out.

Will run it with a small team and see how it goes but think i'm pretty happy.

City squad (goals order)

xv43trp.jpg

where is V2 ?

I am also here to say that this is probably one of the best tactics on any FM game ever.

Just stick to the tactic, don't make any changes. Try to train your young players to fit into the various roles like Wide Midfielder and Ball Winning Midfielder.

Try to also mold your current star players to fit this tactic even if it takes some time for them to adjust.

Train attacking movement and team cohesion and you will win almost 90% of the matches.

I am also here to say that this is probably one of the best tactics on any FM game ever.

Just stick to the tactic, don't make any changes. Try to train your young players to fit into the various roles like Wide Midfielder and Ball Winning Midfielder.

Try to also mold your current star players to fit this tactic even if it takes some time for them to adjust.

Train attacking movement and team cohesion and you will win almost 90% of the matches.

what percentage attacking movement? Thanks

what percentage attacking movement? Thanks

i use 20% match training, lost once in 16 games and that was against a top top club in the Belgium league

i was losing 2-0 one game to a mid table team and got fed up and clicked overload, got agressive at HT and won the 2nd half 3-0 to win 3-2 :D

Just done Pre-Season testing v2 with the mighty Palace.

Nightmare run of fixtures to start the season, Man U Away, Liverpool Home, Everton Away, Arsenal Home, Tottenham Away, Chelsea Home......

Will post up my progress later, should be fun :lol:

Not sure what a good benchmark would be with Palace, media prediction is 20th i think....... Top 10?

Just done Pre-Season testing v2 with the mighty Palace.

Nightmare run of fixtures to start the season, Man U Away, Liverpool Home, Everton Away, Arsenal Home, Tottenham Away, Chelsea Home......

Will post up my progress later, should be fun :lol:

Not sure what a good benchmark would be with Palace, media prediction is 20th i think....... Top 10?

Hey pal

do you need a hand testing it?

Can certainly vouch that this is still solid for top teams, won everything in the first season as Chelsea with only youth signed and on course for the same with two months of season two still to go. Don't underestimate work rate and team work in the midfield.

V2 going well with Palace so far.

Good results in League Cup as well, knocking out Liverpool and Tottenham.

Still plenty of goals even though they are predicted bottom of League, not getting overrun by anyone really.

If continues will post it up later.

pLtBbww.jpg

Been using variations of theis tactic for a while now, depending on oppposition strength. Will be interesting to see what changes you've made - I'm assuming this doesn't deviate from the standard 4-4-2?

Yeah, same 442. just some different player roles, team instructions and fluidity settings.

• 3 weeks later...
see here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/422844-Apex-Predator-V2-Tuned-for-15.3

There is a 'counter attacking' version of the tactic on post 142 which is great for lower leagues or weaker prem teams :thup:

Now that i have a decent squad for South African premiership, i was thinking that would it be wise to use the two versions in tandem?

Meaning that most of the time use the "original" at home and the "counter version" away (of course depending also who is favorite etc)?

Now that i have a decent squad for South African premiership, i was thinking that would it be wise to use the two versions in tandem?

Meaning that most of the time use the "original" at home and the "counter version" away (of course depending also who is favorite etc)?

A good idea, the counter version is very good away. Even had a season where i picked up more points away than at home and very nearly did as you suggested next season (but didn't).

Archived