dafuge's FM15 challenge

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester - Conference North - 2015/2016

This was my first full season working for FCUM. I decided to play a possessive game as I wanted to challenge my self a little. The board want midtable finish, so I kinda said, whatever, lets go for it

League Table - We were on top for a while but the inconsistant performances from the defense and the injuries prevented us from auto-promotion

FA Cup - We plow through the qualifying round only to lose to a Football League side in Preston. I'm proud of the boys, tho

FA Trophy - Sans for our FA Trophy run. We came a little deeper than we thought and exceeded the board expectations.

Transfers - I considered a semi-moneyball approach as I went in mostly on players who were released by EPL clubs. Most of it worked out. Sam Tattum, the former ManC man, must have been poisoned by his alma-mater as he did not want to wait for his chance in the first team, missed training, and then threw up a fit when I fined him for missing training. :rolleyes:

Squad - While I would have an easy go by relying on experienced players, I used a younger crop of players to build the team for the long run and save money on high wages of older players

Finances - Making over more than a million in the Football Conference is ridiculous but I think that is because of the Friendlies and the deep cup runs.

Key Player Profiles:

Elliot Newby - My right-winger and one the most consistent forwards I have. He have done quite a lot in that IF (a) role.

Matty Wolfenden - One of our top goalscorers. He's almost our Neymar in that left sided IF (a) position. Cuts in and score goals for fun.

Oliver Rathbone - Former Manchester United prospect stepped it up. He took on a lot of games in center mid and he didn't fail to impress

Scott McTominey - Another former Manchester United prospect. Teams up with Rathbone to make a great center mid pairing.

Aiden Grant - Our starting goalie. He has made some great saves at times. Could not have gotten that playoff spot or promotion without him between the sticks

Lewie Coyle - Our starting RB. Prolly the most consistent defender we have on this team and he's on a non-contract :D

Oh, and BTW...:D

Career Overview

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference North    3rd          Promoted - Playoff Final Win    

Next Season

We got the field relayed already. I hope we can bring some people in from the acaedemy as our facilities are quite high and maybe we do not have to hunt down players in the free market. I plan to change my approach in the tactical area from a possessive game to a counter-attacking game. I hope this will help us stay up or fight again for a playoff spot.

Well my first season in the Conference and I was able to get a coaching badge (yay). My hope was always to consolidate in the division and I took 3 years to get promoted so I would say that plan worked. I started out in this division using a 4-5-1 formation but that over time became a 4-4-2. I still struggle in some areas but overall the defense has progressed well and now my main focus will switch to the midfield - although new division will bring new challenge and may evolve it more.

I was very pleased to win the FA Trophy as I didn't really want to move on leaving it unattained - it's a minor trophy in the grand scheme but it's a milestone I wanted to attain. Although when the final come I have to admit I have huge doubts so alot of relief.

Finances are looking a little better probably another year or two until they stop complaining about them though. Hopefully can muster a decent squad for the new league as I have a few contracts expiring leaving me around 3-4k to spend on wages. Fingers crossed. Will update once I conquer League 2.

Season    League                       Position     Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference North    5th          Promoted via Playoffs
2016/17   Vanarama Conference          18th          
2017/18   Vanarama Conference          12th      
2018/19   Vanarama Conference          5th          Promoted via Playoffs, FA Trophy Winner   

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2048/49

With just one more year until the new ground will be built, the aim was to make sure we have the squad ready to open it in style.

League Table - by our standards this was poor, but the CL qualification spots seemed a bit more familiar.

Community Shield - completely one sided.

UEFA Super Cup - despite dominating we somehow lost this one.

FIFA Club World Cup - one sided, but exciting.

Capital One Cup - no problems here.

FA Cup - another easy cup win.

UEFA Champions League - no-one could trouble us in this one.

Transfers - older players were swapped for younger ones.

Squad - we could probably do with a quality striker.

Finances - the 'sponsorship' deals sort the finances out.

Key Player Profiles:

Geraldo - top scorer with Icaro injured.

Manuel Tillschneider - not bad for a winger playing up front.

Robin Sprujt - a new winger.

Dario Catalano - the brilliant winger.

Achim Bender - our most valuable player.

Career Overview

2015/16   Vanarama Conference South    9th       
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South    1st         Promoted as champions
2017/18   Vanarama Conference Premier  20th        FA Trophy finalists
2018/19   Vanarama Conference Premier  13th        FA Trophy finalists
2019/20   Vanarama Conference Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2020/21   Sky Bet League 2             2nd         Promoted
2021/22   Sky Bet League 1             2nd         Promoted
2022/23   Sky Bet Championship         10th        
2023/24   Sky Bet Championship         1st         Promoted as champions 
2024/25   Barclays Premier League      8th         
2025/26   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup winners
2026/27   Barclays Premier League      1st         FA Cup winners
2027/28   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and FA Cup winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC winners, FA Cup and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC winners and FA Cup finalists
2036/37   Barclays Premier League      1st         Champions League finalists
2037/38   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2038/39   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and League Cup winners
2040/41   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2041/42   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2044/45   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2045/46   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners, League Cup finalists
2046/47   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2047/48   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2048/49   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

This will be our final year in Canvey Island Stadium, so we need to make sure we are ready to move into the new place with a squad worthy of it.

Season 2016-17 Dulwich Hamlet VCS Pos 8th

Ultimately a disappointing season having looked well placed for the play-offs a run of 7 games without a win from 11/2 to 25/3 proved costly as I finished 3 points off the play-offs.

Top scorer was once again Marcio Martins with 27 goals from 27 games - unfortunately the two months he was outh coincided with our drop off in form.

VCS Promoted

Bishop Stortford

Bromley (PO)

Relegated

Wealdstone

Bath

Gloucester

Whitby Town

2016/17

Whitbytownfc.png

Conference North - 3rd

FA Cup - 4th Qualifying Round

FA Trophy - 4th Round

Overview

You might note from the screenshots that this update was performed late, in late August. This is because at the start of last season I was tasked with winning the COnference North. Following our failure to do this or achieve promotion through the playoffs I was summoned to a dreaded managers meeting. I was handed the task of acheiving 10 points from my first 5 or 6 games (I forget which). I figured best to see if I got sacked first before I typed up a long winded season report.

Automatic promotion was always going to be a tall order. There were deficiencies in key areas of the team, most worryingly in defence. We hung in at the top end of the table though right to the end. In fact we sat in top spot for significant spells of the season. Unfortunately we were set back by three defeats on the bounce in February and a poor run in. Going into the last game of the season we could (and should) have taken top spot however. A win at home to Macclesfield would have seen us champions on goal difference. Despite dominating we went down to a single goal. It was a similar story in the playoffs, we dominated both legs of the semi against Stockport but drew the away leg 1-1 and disappointingly lost the home leg 1-0.

For the coming season though I have been able to strengthen with plugging gaps in a week defence which is now possibly the strongest area of the team. At centreback ex-Middlesbrough Rhys Williams has joined Man United loanee Axel Tuanzebe. Upfront Lewis Walters was a decent player but was never prolific enough as the lone striker. He is now replaced by Georg Illiev who should be fantastic. My bid for Illiev was very speculative as I thought he would need a work permit which would be denied. He didn't and here he is. We should be good enough to comfortably win the title this time around. If not I will probably be sacked and I will probably deserve it!

The Team

GK Tomas Mejias

RB Tom Aldred

CB Rhys Williams

CB Axel Tuanzebe

LB Rafael Floro

BBM Florent Cuveller

CM Paulo Jorge

RW Charlie Wakefield

TQ Cameron Howieson

AP Jamie Frost

CF Georg Iliev

Year	League 		Pos.	Champ.L	Uefa	FACup	LgeCup	FATrp	Achievement
2015/16	Conf Nth	6th	NA	NA	1stRnd	NA	3rdQlf	
2016/17	Conf Nth	3rd	NA	NA	4thQlf	NA	4thRnd	Playoff Semifinalist

Season 2017-18 Dulwich Hamlet VCS Pos 6th

So near yet so far - I went into the last game needing a win and hoping the 5th placed team would lose, unfortunately I lost 1-3 but in the end the 5th placed team got a point. I really blew it earlier in the season with a 4 game losing streak.

Well on to next year.

VCS Promoted

Margate

Oxford City (PO Winners)

Relegated

Whitehawk

Boreham Wood

Chippenham

Whitby Town

2017/18

Whitbytownfc.png

Conference North - 1st

FA Cup - 1st Round

FA Trophy - 2nd Round

Overview

I expected to win promotion this season due to the strength of the squad for the level we are playing at and the team duly delivered. The performance was fantastic with an impressive 104 points collected.

I have a couple of key positions to recruit for as centreback Axel Tuanzebe and right winger Charlie Wakefield both return to their parent clubs following season long loans. The rest of the squad is strong and should be able to acquit themselves well in the Conference next season.

The Team

GK Tomas Mejias

RB Yvan Wassi

CB Rhys Williams

CB Axel Tuanzebe

LB Rafael Floro

BBM Florent Cuvelier

CM Paulo Jorge

RW Charlie Wakefield

TQ Cameron Howieson

AP Jamie Frost

AF Georg Illiev

2017/18	Conf Nth	1st	NA	NA	1stRnd	NA	2ndRnd	Champions

Im losing my mind, had 2 seasons in the league 2 - just scrapping by avoiding relegation. This season I was looking like I could take play-offs maybe even automatic promotion - 7games out I have 10players injured, 8 of them wont return this season - of those 6 are first team players.

My reserves are poor but even using them I have 1 under21/under16 player (grey) on the first team and an entire bench made out of them :/ Bye bye promotion hopes.

Scratch that - able to use most of them as semi-injured (yellow) fingers crossed

Edit 2.0 - nope 8th :(

Skelmersdale 2019/20

Schedule 1 & Schedule 2 | Transfers | Competitions | Finances

Skelmersdale 2020/21

Skelmersdale 2021/22

Skelmersdale 2022/23

Skelmersdale 2023/24

Firstly a disclaimer, i am currently in October 2025 and I had to backtrack to get some fixture screenshots cos I noticed they are cutting out in December (not sure why that happens).

So this is covering 2 leagues not 1 which was the plan, the reason is when I made it into the League 1 things were going great and I didn't want to stop to do a write up lol. I found the League 2 was really polar opposites, either I did bad in which case I was getting dominated constantly, or I did good and then I was challenging for promotion, not really a middle ground to be found. In 21/22 I got riddled with Injuries and it pretty much destroyed my hopes of a play-off promotion but the got it the following year.

I think my biggest issue (which I still suffer from) is signing people on long contracts, then when they don't work out im stuck paying wages for a play who is barely useful to me. I would say I need to vet them more but game setup means attributes could be +/-5 and that adds a wildcard factor, but that increases the difficulty which is a good thing.

League 1 was very simple, I had a few players over to help add density to my thin squad but they were primarily bench players to cover for injury, mostly under21's. The season flew by and we never looked like losing, although a poor run did mean we delayed sealing it til later than I would of liked and took breaking the pt record of the table.

So in the last 5seasons that's 2 promotions & 1 new trophy bringing us to 4promotions and 2trophy's. We've had a take over that lasted the best part of a season as well they started around Augster 10th and I got a decision around February time, fortunately allowed to keep my job though, finances are now starting to improve that im in higher leagues. On wards & upwards.

Tactically - Using variants of 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 depending on fitness/injuries.

Sidenote: This game is too addictive should come with a warning :p

Season    League                       Position     Achievements
2015/16   Vanarama Conference North    5th          Promoted via Playoffs
2016/17   Vanarama Conference          18th          
2017/18   Vanarama Conference          12th      
2018/19   Vanarama Conference          5th          Promoted via Playoffs, FA Trophy Winner  
2019/20   League 2                     22nd         
2020/21   League 2                     21st         
2021/22   League 2                     8th         
2022/23   League 2                     3rd          JPT, Automatic Promotion         
2023/24   League 1                     1st          Promoted As Champions         

Whitby Town

2018/19

Whitbytownfc.png

Conference National - 1st

FA Cup - 4th Round

FA Trophy - 4th Round

Overview

A second championship on the trot sounds impressive, I was however tasked by the board with this in preseason. I was genuinely worried I would fall short and after all the hard work would be fired (again). In the end despite dueling with Stockport for top spot for a lot of the season, we pulled clear and won the league by a good margin.

I'm not sure what to expect in the football league but we will need to strengthen. A couple of the star performers were on loan and will require replacement. We are also week in a few positions, critically goalkeeper Mejias is a weak link.

We do have two quality players in winger Adelakun and striker Illiev, the later scored 47 goals in the season.

The Team

GK Tomas Meijas

RB Yvan Wassi

CB Rhys Williams

CB Regis Diba

LB Rafael Floro

BBM Sondre Tronstad

CM Olivier Kemen

RW Hakeeb Adelakun

TQ Cameron Howieson

AP Jamie Frost

AF Georg Illiev

2018/19	Conf Nat	1st	NA	NA	4thRnd	NA	4thRnd	Champions

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2049/50

This was our final season in Canvey Island Stadium before we moved into Dafuge Stadium, so this season was all about preparing a squad for a new era.

League Table - with just one win in our first four games, my job came under pressure!

Community Shield - an easy win to kick off the season.

UEFA Super Cup - we probably deserved to lose this.

FIFA Club World Cup - a comfortable win, despite the second half.

Capital One Cup - we beat everyone with ease, although the final was interesting.

FA Cup - easy wins and the same cup final opposition, but this time the final was terrible.

UEFA Champions League - our away form was a bit shaky, but we edged out United to ruin a dream final for the city of Manchester.

Transfers - a lot of the older players were sold as I spent big on new players, especially strikers.

Squad - there are still a few older players who need replacing, but the squad is looking in great shape.

Finances - a profit, thanks to the 'sponsorship'.

Key Player Profiles:

Leonardo Damiani - the new star striker, I just hope he recovers from this injury.

Mauro Medina - he may be the wrong side of 30, but he's better than ever.

Robin Sprujt - should be a brilliant winger for years to come.

Xavier Alonso - a late signing who should make an impact next season.

Sebastian Skeete - may find himself playing AMC to stay in the team.

Career Overview

2027/28   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC winners, FA Cup and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC winners and FA Cup finalists
2037/38   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2038/39   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2040/41   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2041/42   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2044/45   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2045/46   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners, League Cup finalists
2046/47   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2047/48   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2048/49   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2049/50   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

The squad still needs a bit of work, but exciting times are ahead with the new stadium due to be opened.

Dulwich Hamlet - Barclays Premier League - 2036/37

League - our competition lost so many points this was fairly easy to win.

Capital One Cup - a good performance with a clear win in the final.

Community Shield - a good season opener.

FA Cup - well, this happened.

FIFA Club World Cup - dominant.

UEFA Champions League - the luck we had in the semi final wasn't there for us in the final, where we missed so many chances we paid the price in the penalties.

UEFA Super Cup - we were unable to break Real Madrid's defence.

Squad - we need to replace some ageing players.

Transfers - we started preparing the future.

Finances - comfortable.

Career overview

Season    Division                    Position   Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South   6th
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South   8th
2017/18   Vanarama Conference South   16th
2018/19   Vanarama Conference South   7th
2019/20   Vanarama Conference South   1st        Promotion
2020/21   Vanarama Conference         12th
2021/22   Vanarama Conference         5th        Promotion via play-off
2022/23   Sky Bet League 2            4th
2023/24   Sky Bet League 2            2nd        Promotion
2024/25   Sky Bet League 1            2nd        Promotion
2025/26   Sky Bet Championship        1st        Promotion
2026/27   Barclays Premier League     6th
2027/28   Barclays Premier League     6th        League Cup winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League     3rd        FA Cup winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League     3rd        FA Cup winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League     10th
2031/32   Barclays Premier League     11th
2032/33   Barclays Premier League     4th
2033/34   Barclays Premier League     4th        League Cup and Champions League winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League     1st        UEFA Super Cup, Club World Cup, and FA Cup winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League     1st        League Cup, Community Shield, FA Cup, and Champions League winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League     1st        League Cup, Community Shield, and Club World Cup winners

Next season

We couldn't repeat the success of the previous season, so we must carry on pressing to be on top of every front again.

Blyth Spartans - First Season - Conference North 2015/16

As it's been a long time since I've attempted the Dafuge challenge I thought I'd give it another go which this time I've decided to take on the mighty Blyth Spartans....

Blyth Spartans appoint Heat 02

I was handed a £7k transfer pot and £5.6k per week wage allowance which the board wanted no less than a top half finish on our first season in the Conference North.

Finances and Squad from the start:

Finances

First Team Squad

Youth Squad

End of Season Review

After assessing the squad that was handed to me I could instantly tell that there was a serious imbalance in the squad with only 7 players who were good/quality Conference North players while the remaining players were not even good enough to be considered back up to the first team. Our main objective this season was to rebuild and consolidate within the league which with 17 new players joining on free transfers and an additional 4 players joining on season long loans it was always going to take time for the team to gel and adapt to a new style of play.

A 3-1-4-2 formation was implemented along with a more defensive, counter attacking mentality which we started the season with 2 draws followed with a 5-1 drubbing of Southport, the season seemed much more promising than expected and we found ourselves within the playoffs for majority of the season until the final quarter when we slipped up with far too many defensive errors (penalties and comedy rebounding goals) and eventually we missed out on the playoffs after losing away at Stockport 3-1 on the last game of the season.

I'm gutted that if only we had 3 more points we could have been in the playoffs but for the first season in Conference North I can't complain at my team and we have a great basis to push on for promotion next year with a bit more rebuilding.

Louis Storey - Centre Back - Solid at the back and in the centre of the three defenders controlled the backline and lead by example.

Greg McDermott - Box to Box Midfielder - The never stopping engine in the centre of midfield and has an absolute rocket of a right foot which saved us on quite a few occasions!

Jarrett Rivers - Advanced Playmaker - With a name suitable of an actor he was the main man of the show in midfield with 6 goals and 11 assists.

Dan Maguire - Poacher - Starting off the season on fire and even with a dry spell / injuries in the middle of the season he still managed to finish with 20 goals. Expecting even more from him next year.

Ryan Noble - Poacher / Deep Lying Forward - Always stayed in Maguire's shadow on the goalscoring front but scored some vital goals, hoping he can provide the same next season maybe even improve.

Brett Omerod - No introduction neccessary for this 38 year old. Despite his age he still showed a lot of class and even though quite injury prone he was a massive presence when he played scoring 7 goals and 6 assists in 20 starts. Unfortunately he will be too old for another season.

Hopefully onwards and upwards for next season...

Whitby Town

2018/19

Whitbytownfc.png

League Two - 6th

FA Cup - 1st Round

League Cup - 1st Round

Johnstones Paint Trophy - Quarter Final

Overview

FOr the third season running I was tasked with winning the championship, I feel my board might have an unrealistic view of Whitby's place in the world. This time I didn't deliver but I did secure promotion through the playoffs, no-one seemed to mind. This was in truth the last gasp of a team that is in many ways unchanged from the team that won the Conference North. Key players from that team Cameron Howieson, Georg Iliev, Yvan Wassi, Rhys Williams and Charlie Wakefield all played large roles this season. At this level these players were significantly less effective and unfortunately they were amongst the strongest in the squad. Bigger worries are my failure to find a half decent keeper or left back. It is clear that this summer will see a major clearout, with funds short though I might me reliant on loan signings.

Positives though are a couple of promising Irishmen who arrived from Limerick. Rightback Scully is very promising but most exciting is pacy winger Gary Walsh who hit 21 goals. I have tapped this source again this season with striker Colin King arriving for a club record fee of £275k from Derry City.

The Team

GK Hugo Keto

RB Anthony Scully

CB Kyron Stabana

CB Regis Diba

LB Jake Carroll

BBM David Davis

CM Eoin Wearen

RW Gary Walsh

TQ Cameron Howieson

AP Hakeeb Adelakun

AF Colin King

2019/20 Lge Two		6th	NA	NA	1stRnd	1stRnd	QtrFnl	Promoted via Playoffs

My screenshots got lost somehow, but a recap of our second season in the PL: Crap...

We got relegated and were poor throughout the year. Several of my high fee players underperformed, and were sold again. I have managed to rebuild a pretty strong squad for the championship, where the board expects us to reach the playoffs.

Whitby Town

2020/21

Whitbytownfc.png

League One - 2nd

FA Cup - 2nd Round

League Cup - 4th Round

Johnstones Paint Trophy - Winner

Overview

A fourth promotion on the spin was largely assisted by some quality loan signings. Unable to fund the required signings I pulled in the best players I could get on loan. I managed to acquire a few gems such as Readings Henry Bridgwood.

We were run close until the end of the season for the automatic promotion spots but a good run of form in the run in saw us secure promotion with games to spare. We could have even taken the title. We only required a point from our last game which happened to be away at top placed Charlton. We took the lead but shipped four goals and finished in second spot. I wasn't too disappointed and am looking forward to the Championship.

The Team - 4-2-3-1

GK David Basalaj - Young keeper on loan from Fulham

WB Anthony Scully - 20 year old Irish fullback signed from Limerick last season.

CB Kyron Stabana - Young centre back has developed well in the two years since his move from Derby.

CB Eugenio Fuentes - Uruguayan centreback on loan from Southampton

CWB Jed Konway - Attacking fullback on loan from Reading

BBM Eoin Warren - Irish midfielder signed in pre-season from Sligo Rovers.

CM Georgie Poynton - Defensive midfielder arrived from Dundalk at the start of the season. Contributed 10 assists.

RW Gary Walsh - Right winger struggled with injuries but still did well.

TQ Henry Bridgwood - Attacking midfielder contributed 16 goals and 11 assists. Arguably the player of the season.

AP Kris Magee - Wide playmaker arrived last season but broke into the team this season. Did well with 7 goals.

AF Matthew O'Neill - Promising Irish forward scored 21 goals after getting his place in the first team due to Colin Kings injuries.

2020/21 Lge One		2nd	NA	NA	2ndRnd	4thRnd	Winner	Promoted,JP Trophy Winner

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester - Conference Premier - 2016/2017

Well, this season wasn't as successful as last season. I wanted to play a new style because we are at the prospect of playing against former Football League teams. Counter attacking football was modified to fit the players but unfortunately, I can't get any counter attacking tactic to work on FM :(. Back to possession soccer next season.

League Table - If only we had a better defense and injuries were close to none, we could've took a playoff spot. Also, my counter attacking tactic was moot.

FA Cup - We didn't even make it passed the first round. Ran into a former Football League side in Hartlepool and lost the replay.

FA Trophy - Sans for our FA Trophy run. We were knocked out earlier than last year.

Transfers - Basically a squad overhaul. I brought a lot of players but they were mostly for bench warming which led them to bitch and miss training. I did sign a striker for 7k but hes been injured all year :rolleyes:

Squad - I still use a lot of young players to fill the squad. Only Marlon Harewood would be one to consider "old". :D

Finances - Making over more than a million in the Football Conference is ridiculous but I think that is because of the Friendlies and the deep cup runs. Deja Vu?? :D

Key Player Profiles:

Reiss Greenidge - Former West Brom youth player played a bunch but he is inconsistant and might well be on the chopping block next year.

Marlon Harewood - Our leading goalscorer. STOP THE PRESS :D He is good for the league but he'll be gone next year.

Tyler Reid - Coyle's replacement maybe?? Played a bunch already and the former ManU youth prospect is still here for next year as he is on a non-contract.

Tom Holland - Center mid. Great guy but is sometimes inconsitant. Will need him to step it up next season.

Oliver Rathbone - He's back and will stay on for at least 2 more years. I expect him to stick around when we get to the Football League.

Luke Watson - Gave him a new PPM that will make him be our Rory Delap. Knocked in a lot of goals from his throw-ins

Aiden Grant - Our starting goalie. He has made some great saves at times. I wonder at times if we would've gone to a playoff run if he was healthy all year

Lewie Coyle - Our starting RB. He's on a bit of decline and now I'm considering replacing him for someone better.

Career Overview

2015/16   Vanarama Conference North    3rd          Promoted - Playoff Final Win    
2016/17   Vanarama Conference Premier  16th

Next Season

In our youth intake, we only brought in an Enganche. I will have to tinker the possession tactic to accommodate him. Gotta move the triangle upside down :D

Hi - I am playing FC United and are currently in the year 2038. I have advanced to the Premier Division but are currently struggling to get all the way to the top. By best season was the previous one where I ended 3rd in the Premier Division (7th season I played here so far). The reason I am struggling is the finances - I expended the stadium to the maximum 20.000 seats, but simply can't convince my board to build a new one because of lacking funding. I get very small sponsor contract and and only bring in like 1% of what the top earners make from sponsors.

Really long story to get to my question - have anyone ever experienced a take over or the club going on the stock marked - I am so locked because of my earning possibilities is extremely low for a club with continental reputation and several seasons with european cup participation.

Kind Regards,

Søren

Is anyone already thinking about the possible teams for next year? We know which teams relegated and promoted. Personally I'm really excited about the 2 welsh teams which will be eligible for the challenge next season. Merthyr Town got promoted to the Southern League Premier Division and Colwyn Bay relegated from the Conference South.

I prefer working with a youth academy, especially since that helps the finances in later years. The thought of my academy potentially bringing the nation of Wales to the next level sounds appealing. Wales is no San Marino, but I'm sure a top-level club with a solid youth academy would help.

-Instant Update-

My carreer with Blyth Spartans has been slow this year, yet I managed to win the Premier League Title, the Champions League and both Cups. Next challenge is to do that in 1 year.

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2050/51

We needed a great season to welcome the opening of Dafuge Stadium.

League Table - we lost a lot of silly games, but still won the title with ease. Liverpool will find themselves in the Championship next season!

Community Shield - a completely one sided start to the season.

UEFA Super Cup - we needed extra time to win this one.

FIFA Club World Cup - two early goals settled this.

Capital One Cup - we had a few close games, but the final wasn't one of them.

FA Cup - we didn't concede a single goal.

UEFA Champions League - we had a few poor results on the way to a final with Rotherham.

Transfers - we made a loss as a couple of quality players were brought in.

Squad - we have a number of players over 30 who will need replacing soon.

Finances - a loss, despite the sponsorship.

Key Player Profiles:

Leonardo Damiani - a great goal tally, but his injuries are a worry.

Xavier Alonso - a brilliant second striker.

Robin Sprujt - a great young winger.

Achim Bender - the rock in midfield.

Sebastian Skeete - did a decent job as the stand in AMC.

Career Overview

2049/50   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2050/51   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

We have a few older players who need replacing, so the squad needs a bit of rebuilding.

Hi - I am playing FC United and are currently in the year 2038. I have advanced to the Premier Division but are currently struggling to get all the way to the top. By best season was the previous one where I ended 3rd in the Premier Division (7th season I played here so far). The reason I am struggling is the finances - I expended the stadium to the maximum 20.000 seats, but simply can't convince my board to build a new one because of lacking funding. I get very small sponsor contract and and only bring in like 1% of what the top earners make from sponsors. Really long story to get to my question - have anyone ever experienced a take over or the club going on the stock marked - I am so locked because of my earning possibilities is extremely low for a club with continental reputation and several seasons with european cup participation. Kind Regards, Søren
I think in the editor, FCUM has "will remained fan-owned" but I have experienced stock market floats happening AROUND me just not in this save :D

Whitby Town

2021/22

Whitbytownfc.png

Championship - 6th

FA Cup - 3rd Round

League Cup - 3rd Round

Overview

We came within 15 minutes of a fifth straight promotion. Leading 1-0 in the playoff final Blackburn who had been outplayed up until then equalised. Our energy levels ran out at this stage and conceded twice more in extra time. In truth it would have been too soon to step up into the Premier League. I am planning wholesale changes in the summer, a number of players have increased in value and will be sold. Hopefully I can use these funds to push the team on. A few players who have potential will be retained (Parsons, Henderson and Okoye in particular) but most others will be moved on.

Hopefully this will give us a good enough squad for promotion but I will be investing where promising in young players so maybe another season in the Championship might be for the best.

The Team

GK Kieran Preston - Signed from Derby for £100k, the Scottish stopper had a good season.

RB Roger Hawkes - ex-Man United fullback was setback by injury but did okay.

CB Stephen Henderson - The young Irish defender cost £110k from Glenavon and is definately one for the future.

CB Manu Izquierdo - Classy Spanish defender signed from Real Madrid.

LB Simon Parsons - Fullback signed from Man United at the start of the season and offered pace down the left.

BBM Abdoul Cisse - Ivorian midfielder signed from Inter for £325k at the start of the season.

CM Georgie Poynton - Another good season for the Irish midfielder.

RW Lucky Okoye - Right winger picked up from Lazio for £220k.

TQ Stephen Campbell - A big money buy at £725k from Dundee United. The Scottish playmaker is promising.

AP Kris Magee - Young Irish winger had another good season and has developed well.

AF Granit Dervishi - Albanian striker signed for £160k from Italy at the start of the season.

2020/21 Lge One		2nd	NA	NA	2ndRnd	4thRnd	Winner	Promoted,JP Trophy Winner
2021/22 Championship	6th	NA	NA	3rdRnd	3rdRnd	NA	Playoff Finalist

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester - Conference Premier - 2017/2018

Well, this season was a little better. I had to drop the posession because it seem as though my team will just hoof it forward anyways. I'll come back to it when we're in the Football League. Gegenpressing until then.

League Table - If only we had a better defense and injuries were close to none, we could've took a playoff spot. Also, my posession tactic was moot.

FA Cup - We did a bit better than last year. Luck of the draw, I guess

FA Trophy - Sans for our FA Trophy run. We were knocked out later than last year

Transfers - Our starting RB, Tyler Reid got away from us, so we hunt down a replacement. The pairing of Hines and Watson was solid but barely got on the field cause the former got hurt often. I also pissed off Angelino somehow by fining him for missing training and getting a red card in his debut. OUCH

Squad - I still use a lot of young players to fill the squad. Only two people are either 30 or stretching 30.

Finances - Losing over half a million. Time to make some friendlies, I guess.

Key Player Profiles:

Josh Young - Teenage sensation started a lot like I promised and he'll stick to that until I get some money for him or he retires or declines :D

Tom Rigby - Our new right-back. I think I'll need a better one than he as he is inconsistant and is a poor replacement for Reid.

Seb Hines - Pairs up with Watson. I hope we can fight for promtion with this tandem out back.

Oliver Rathbone - He's still here. On a bit of decline. I'm considering a step back from him next year

Luke Watson - Made him our center back and he has been solid back there w/ Hines.

Ethan Leek - Our new starting goalie. Aiden Grant was just too injury-prone and was not as good as this guy.

Razak Boukari - The oldest player and the highest goalscorer we got. A winger picked up from the free agents. He'll stick around next season.

Career Overview

2017/18   Vanarama Conference Premier  14th

Next Season

We got another Enganche in our youth intake. I'll move Josh Young to the midfield to accomondate that young man. I hope we can get a playoff place next year.

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2051/52

After settling into the new stadium we were ready to take on the World.

League Table - not our greatest season, but most of the losses came when rotating the squad.

Community Shield - we were lucky to win this one.

UEFA Super Cup - this was a bit easier.

FIFA Club World Cup - another one sided win over the South Americans.

Capital One Cup - straight wins, although the final was close.

FA Cup - Man City gave us our closest match.

UEFA Champions League - we edged past Real Madrid to beat their rivals in the final.

Transfers - I tried to replace the older players.

Squad - the older players are great, but they are hard to replace.

Finances - we could probably survive without the tycoon.

Key Player Profiles:

Leonardo Damiani - top scorer again.

Esmael Habibi - a great reserve striker.

Robin Sprujt - the brilliant winger.

Xavier Alonso - the supporting striker.

Achim Bender - the solid defensive midfielder.

Career Overview

2050/51   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2051/52   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

The challenge for the next couple of seasons will be rebuilding the squad.

So, sorry I haven't been updating here, but with GCSEs coming up I've only been playing in breaks. Just checking in to let you know that the dafuge challenge part of my save is over. After three years of pain and two home playoff losses, we finally got promoted at the fourth time of asking via the playoffs. We came 18th in the Conference, but turning professinal was a bad mistake by the board and our finances were going down the toilet. The day they cancelled youth facilities upgrades for the fourth time was the day the offer of a job interview from Colchester came, and I took it and got the job. It's a fun challenge that I'd come back to, but the save was growing stale and I needed to move to keep interest.

Damm :( I hope Salford gets promoted

Salford have been promoted, alongside Darlington. And next season I'm actually going to do this, as one of those sides, since FCUM and Curzon Ashton have been promoted.

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester - Conference Premier - 2018/2019

Well, this season was a lot better. We got promoted to League 2. We were in the playoffs and we killed both of our oppos. Hopefully, I can get out of League 2 a lot quicker than I got out of the Conference.

League Table - If only we had a better defense and injuries were close to none, we could've won.

FA Cup - We performed in a similar fashion to last. Nothing special, but the money is fine

FA Trophy - We went a little deeper than normal. Luck of the draw as most of the teams weren't even playable in the game.

Transfers - Our starting GK, Ethan Leek got away from us, so we hunt down a replacement. The pairing of Williams and Guthrie was solid. I also pissed off too many non-contracted players because they wanted to play. You are non-contracted for a reason, you morons. :rolleyes:

Squad - I still use a lot of young players to fill the squad. Only two people are either 30 or stretching 30.

Finances - Have a few million in the bank. Having been promoted helped.

Key Player Profiles:

Leon Grundy - the new teenage sensation was cursed with injuries but he helped at least and at a young age, he's already playing often. Club legend??

Cameron Brannagan - Former Liverpool player. I picked him up when his agent stopped acting like a fool and just accepted a lower wage offer.

Seb Hines - Might be the beginning of the end for him. Moans about playing time but is injury prone to the bones.

Jon Toral - The former Arsenal player had an injury bug on the way. But he made that midfield go.

Marcus Rutter - The man is here. One of our top goalscorers. Regardless of the coach report, he has been killing it in the Conference for me in that AF position.

Jordan Lyden - Former Aston Villa youth player. Scouts founded him and I trusted them to get me a RB and they did.

Sergi Canos - Leading goalscorer along with Rutter. Former Liverpool player and have made the step up in that striker position when Rutter was hurt.

Jon Guthrie - Pairs up with Williams.

Oliver Rathbone - He's still here...and he's still good.

Luke Watson - Made him our right back and he has been solid back there.

Ross Durrant - Our new starting goalie. Signed two goalies on non-contracts and he was the one that shined and earned himself a part-time contract.

Jordan Williams - Former Liverpool player. Too many of them yes?? But I got away with a bargain for a CB.

Career Overview

2017/18   Vanarama Conference Premier  14th
2017/18   Vanarama Conference Premier  2nd         Promoted - Playoff Final Win 

Next Season

We will get a youth facilities upgrade. Hopefully we can be a poor man's Crewe. The other guy quit because of the board's obsession with being cheap but I'll have all the talent coming in the youth system to save money by the time we get to the EPL :D

• 2 months later...

I haven't played much in the past month as my interest (and time) has been decreasing, so I'll take a different approach and from now on I will only use academy players. Of course I will use the players in the first team that I currently have, but I won't renew their contracts and I won't sign anyone else. After reaching the top I think I can keep this save going until FM16 with the new philosophy.

I did start once again. And again with St. Neots. 1st season i missed the playoffs with a few games left, which was really disappointing since i was in playoff positions almost the entire year.. 2nd season i was predicted to end at 4th place, and the board demanded a playoff place. But although my team was better than the 1st season I ended 14th.. 2 games in the 3rd season i got sacked.

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2062/63

The club is in great shape, but we haven't quite been at our best. This season I was looking to improve the squad by replacing the older players.

League Table - a record goals tally, but we threw away a lot of points.

Community Shield - we were the better team in the season opener.

UEFA Super Cup - pretty much a repeat of the previous match.

FIFA Club World Cup - a one sided win over the Brazilians.

Capital One Cup - we fell early following an eight goal thriller and penalties.

FA Cup - we slipped up at Wembley.

UEFA Champions League - we started slowly but hit form in the knockout stages.

Transfers - a lot of changes and a new transfer record.

Squad - there's still a few players I'd like to sell, but I just can't find the replacements.

Finances - sponsorship masking a big loss.

Key Player Profiles:

Leonardo Damiani - a decent season for a 34 year old, but it is probably time for him to move on.

Christian Alegre - didn't have the goals of last season, but still a great year for him.

Darió Linares - a decent goal total, but he's not up to the standard of Damiani in his prime.

Hélder - still early to tell if this was a good signing or not.

Mark Gillan - a brilliant youth product.

Career Overview

2051/52   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2052/53   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2053/54   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2054/55   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2055/56   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2056/57   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2057/58   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2058/59   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2059/60   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2060/61   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2061/62   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2062/63   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

Still no signs of the owner wanting to leave, so I'm hoping he will stay around long enough to build a new stadium. Should be about 7 years before I get the option to ask.

Archived