dafuge's FM15 challenge

When I won promotion from Conf Sth -> Conf and from Conf -> L2, the budget was adjusted upwards at the start of the new season (25th June or thereabouts). This time going from L2 -> L1 there has been no change to the budget at all, although every player certainly wants more money now. Is this normal in the game, dependent on FFP expectations or a possible bug? It basically means I can't improve the squad as the money saved from letting the deadwood leave is about the same as the pay rises of players still at the club.

Same thing happened to me in my L2-L1 promotion --- (actually, I lost about £5K/week). I suspect that part of it is the expectations that you will stay up in the new division...if you are expected to drop right back down (common assumption after a back-to-back promotion maybe?) then there is no impetus to raise wages only to drop them again a season later. In my 2nd season of L1 I got a bit of a wage boost to keep things on track.

Whether it is "normal" or not, I'm not sure...but it is not uncommon :)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it does appear that my board have contracted our stadium expansion to the builders from hell (or else they are owned by the chairmans family and he's using them to launder money from us) after last seasons expansion we were left with a new but empty stand behind the left side goal, this season they have decided to knock down that new unused stand to expand our ground, but at the same time we now appear to have closed down the stand behind the other goal for no reason :confused:

At the moment i've got 3 players in my first 18 who are from my own youth intakes, what do you guys think?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hjx2sejd7da5j09/Dave%20Langford_%20Overview%20Profile-4.png?dl=0

My goalkeeper, but thinking about getting about getting a new one

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1lebtsovytb0s98/Andy%20French_%20Overview%20Profile.png?dl=0

A pretty big talent for the centre back position, but will probably end up to become the third choice

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v1lplyo36qz20e4/James%20Keenan_%20Overview%20Profile.png?dl=0

My biggest talent so far, may become a world class midfielder

Dave plays every match, while Andy and James are playing cups and are brought on as subs

BZUbf57.png?1

Hereford United - Championship - Mooing on up

Final position: 20th

League Table.

Our first season in the Championship was a real struggle, and my hardest season so far as Hereford. Our low budget made it really hard strengthening the squad sufficiently, and it showed on the pitch. We got thrashed by the big teams in the division, which resulted in leaking goals at a swift pace. I really need to build up from the back this time around. We are going to lose a lot of players, so hopefully I can invest our money wisely.

Once again, our cup matches was nothing to talk about.

Transfers.

As always a lot of activity in the transfer market. Our budget is tight, so I really have to offload players who isn't performing rather urgently.

Squad.

A lot of players are getting cut here. Our top earner Paulinho was a huge disappointment and is leaving us, Jordan Porter and Ali Suljic have ridiculous wage requests and are also leaving us.

Top scorer was Jake Gray who just keeps performing and keeping us in the game. He was also our top perfromer.

Year	League	         Pos.	 	Achievements
15/16   Van N	         2nd          Promoted via playoffs
16/17   Conf National    11th         None
17/18   Conf National    4th          Lost in playoff semifinal
18/19   Conf National    5th          Promoted via playoffs! Lost FA trophy final, Manager of the year
19/20   League 2         2nd          Promoted, Manager of the year
20/21   League 1         8th          None
21/22   League 1         1st          Promoted
22/23   Championship     20th         None

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2036/37

With the squad getting older, we were struggling to compete in all the trophies. I need to rebuild this squad to bring back the glory years.

League Table - we were poor, but the other teams were even worse. City and Arsenal were nowhere to be seen in the title race.

Community Shield - this was a lot closer than we expected it to be.

Capital One Cup - we were really poor.

FA Cup - we were even worse in this.

UEFA Champions League - we were undefeated until we faced Barca in the final, with half our team on international duty.

Transfers - a few older players were sold in favour of youngsters.

Squad - we are part way through a transitional period, as you can see by our central defenders.

Finances - a profit, but we really need the income from a decent stadium.

Key Player Profiles:

Iván Gorostidi - back to his best after a bad injury.

Park Min-Ho - still a key player.

Muhammed Benali - a brilliant winger.

Didier Kouakou - he has been a legend, but his time is probably up.

Siyabonga Mkhize - he's my new hope for our defence.

Career Overview

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South    9th       
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South    1st         Promoted as champions
2017/18   Vanarama Conference Premier  20th        FA Trophy finalists
2018/19   Vanarama Conference Premier  13th        FA Trophy finalists
2019/20   Vanarama Conference Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2020/21   Sky Bet League 2             2nd         Promoted
2021/22   Sky Bet League 1             2nd         Promoted
2022/23   Sky Bet Championship         10th        
2023/24   Sky Bet Championship         1st         Promoted as champions 
2024/25   Barclays Premier League      8th         
2025/26   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup winners
2026/27   Barclays Premier League      1st         FA Cup winners
2027/28   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and FA Cup winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC winners, FA Cup and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC winners and FA Cup finalists
2036/37   Barclays Premier League      1st         Champions League finalists

Next Season

Ideally I'd like to replace a few more players with youngsters while winning everything, but I can't see that happening.

Is anyone aware of a youth recruitment/junior coaching bug? The chairman has agreed to increase it about six times now but each time says it will now gradually operate on a basic level. It's never got any better.

Youth level is still at 0 & they reckon we can't afford to up it although we are getting a new stadium.

Maidstone United - Conference South 2015/16

So, after failing several times on this challenge and having had a prolonged break, decided to give it another go with maidstone.

I managed to persuade James Shea to join after his release from AFC Wimbledon and made him captain. I mostly stuck with the default 4-4-2 formation.

Having failed several times before, this time I led Maidstone to the Conference South title in my first season.

Concord Rangers were the main competitors, but they eventually fell away before securing their own promotion via the play offs.

The board have decided to expand the ground to a 4k capacity ground for next season which means Maidstone are heading back to Central Park again in the meanwhile.

League Table - wrapped up the title over the easter bank holiday weekend and cruised to a large gap in the end.

Transfers - A few loanees and some free transfers. Mat Mitchell-King continued the Wimbledon links that I am somewhat obsessed by.

Squad - No outstanding players this season except maybe Javlon Campbell who finished top scorer

Finances - Finances were healthy with a growing surplus.

Key Player Profiles:

Javlon Campbell - Top scorer with 29 goals in all competitions

James Shea - Quality keeper for Conference South, should be fine in the Conference as well. Surprised I got him from Wimbledon.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South    1st        Champions

BZUbf57.png?1

Hereford United - Championship - Mooing on up

Final position: 4th

League Table.

After barely surviving last year, we were hoping to take a small step up this year. We brought in some new players in all areas, and made our squad wider and better. It resulted in a surprisingly successful season which saw us end up in 4th place. In a thriller we beat Brighton 6-4 on aggregate and went on to face Brentford in the final. We managed to come away with a 2-1 win at Wembley, and that can only mean one thing: We are going to the Premier League!

Once again, our cup matches was nothing to talk about.

Transfers.

We made a lot of transfers, and most of them proved to be successful. Next year we will need to bring our squad up to speed to manage survival in the Premier League.

Squad.

We played very well this year, and several players performed at a high level. Both Barton and Huckerby are on loan from Nootingham Forrest, and I will look to bring them in permanently if possible.

Am I repeating myself here? Top scorer was once again Jake Gray who just keeps performing and keeping us in the game. He was also our top performer - yet again.

The board decided we needed a new stadium as well, so they took out a £20 million loan to help us build it. Hopefully it wont shatter our economy completely. Our chairman is also looking into selling the club.

Year	League	         Pos.	 	Achievements
15/16   Van N	         2nd          Promoted via playoffs
16/17   Conf National    11th         None
17/18   Conf National    4th          Lost in playoff semifinal
18/19   Conf National    5th          Promoted via playoffs! Lost FA trophy final, Manager of the year
19/20   League 2         2nd          Promoted, Manager of the year
20/21   League 1         8th          None
21/22   League 1         1st          Promoted
22/23   Championship     20th         None
23/24   Championship     4th          Promoted via play-offs, Manager of the year

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2037/38

The trophies had dried up in our transitional phase as I rebuilt the squad, could this be the season the glory days returned?

League Table - the competition improved a lot this season, we will need to avoid throwing away silly points next season.

Community Shield - it was a tight game but we lost out on penalties.

Capital One Cup - QPR came close to beating us, but we won the cup for the first time in a while.

FA Cup - we were unstoppable as we won another cup for the first time in ages.

UEFA Champions League - despite a terrible start, we went on to win the big one.

Transfers - we made a loss as I tried hard to improve the squad.

Squad - we have a great mix of talented youngsters and class older players.

Finances - not a great year for the finances.

Key Player Profiles:

Iván Gorostidi - what a legend.

Park Min-Ho - an amazing support striker.

Dimitri Guilbert - another brilliant season.

Paulo - the replacement for Kouakou.

Adílson Francisco - he's spent years as a right back, but he's excelling at centre back.

Career Overview

2027/28   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC winners, FA Cup and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC winners and FA Cup finalists
2037/38   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

The squad still has a bit of work to be done, but we are getting close to being back at out best.

Apparently the board seem to think that a transfer budget of £250k and a wage budget of roughly £75k p/w is enough. If this is not changed soon, I may have to give up. No way that we can survive with that...

EDIT: then these news came http://i.imgur.com/lovGbuH.png

So basically your chairman/owner was looking to pocket all the TV money so clearly he wants money, thus along comes the money man to solve all the issues. Maybe. :D

FC United – Premier League 2024/25 – Season 10

So after claiming a Champions League spot last season the expectations this season were for a top half finish, the bookies didn't give us much hope whilst the media predicted we'd finish 7th.

Season Preview - The odds of us finishing in the top five weren't looking good this season, whilst Brentford become only the third new side to win promtion to the Prem after ourselves and Bournemouth, every other side who has won promotion so far in game has previously played in the Prem since it was formed in 1992, and out of 33 promoted sides we have only had 18 different sides with West Ham, Blackburn, Norwich and Watford all being promoted three times.

Rankings - Winning the Europa League seems us climb upto 37th place.

Richlist - Despite having no money we somehow become the 12th richest side in the World ahead of Liverpool, Bayern and Milan. I also noticed a rather wierd thing in that Conference side North Ferriby have the 12th most expensive season ticket prices in the world!

Reputation - We reach 4.5 stars and become the sixth biggest side in England and just about get onto the first page of the World Reputation screen.

Transfers - Quieter season due to our lack of money with me mostly snapping up some promising youngsters, though I did spend a near record £10.75m on Belgian Centre-Back Verschueren - I'd been after him for a while but Genk wouldn't sell him however after the winter window it seemed he signed a new contract with a min. fee release clause in so I snapped him up before Arsenal could get him, the other big signing was 16 yo English youngster Eden Simon from Wolves who has a five star potential, whilst on deadline day I snapped up Striker Aguirregaray to provide some cover.

In January I completed what must be the shortest loan in history, bringing in Attacker Robinson from Man Utd he arrived the continue before I had to confirm my squad for the FA Cup Third Round, started him and he got injured after just 13mins ruling him out for the rest of the season so his loan was terminated with the next continue, finally I signed Mexican Winger Leone on free transfer deadline day to provide some more cover.

Saleswise I sold off various squad players who weren't good enough with Newcastle signing three of them, whilst in January Winger Barth left for a club record £9.25m.

European Super Cup - Didn't go that well with nearly half of my side on Olympic duty we lost to Chelsea in a poor match, Rui Pedro gave us the lead before we yet again failed to indirect free kicks from Chelsea. Though my disappointment was short lived as Chelsea thrashed City 6-2 on the opening day so it could have been worse.

League Cup - It was a good effort by my second string as we beat Championship Brighton thanks to a first goal from my young Serbian Attacker Jeremic in his 16 goal, though to be fair most of these were short sub appearances, in the next rond we needed extra-time to beat a Watford side who were fifth in the league at the time, in the Quarter Final another Jeremic goal was enough to beat Leeds in my 500th game to set up a Semi-Final tie against Man Utd, however an awful first leg saw us crushed 3-0 thanks in part to a dodgy pen, in the second leg we started well with two early goals but a Januzaj free-kick left us with two much to do as we just couldn't score the other three goals we needed, but on the plus side we have won the three games we scored in against Utd, it just a shame we have lost the other five games without even looking like scoring.

In the Final Man Utd beat Everton (who beat Bristol City in Semi) after extra-time.

Champions League - We finally made our debut in the Champions with decent odds of 40-1, though somehow no English sides were among the favourites despite an English side having won the last six titles with Chelsea claiming three of them, I've no idea why Dortmund were among the favourites as it's been seven years since they made it to the Quarter Finals.

And despite winning the Europa League last season we were only ranked as a third seed which left us with a tough group as we drew the second favourites Real Madrid who after winning the UCL in 2015 and 2017 they weren't haven't much luck recently losing the Final in 2018 and 2019, and in two of the last three years had lost to Barcelona in the Quarter Finals and inbetween suffered the embrassment of failing to get out of their group losing out to Monaco and Zenit. Second seeds were yet another French side this time we got Lyon who'd only got past the group stage twice so far, whilst in the Europa League they'd been knocked out twice by both Utd and City in recent years so the last thing they wanted was another trip to Manchester. Rounding out the group were Romanian's Steaua who'd made it to the Group Stage for only the third time, though back in 2015 and 2018 they acutally made it out of their Europa League groups.

Group Stage - My second string got us off to a great start with a 4-1 win in Romania, whilst Madrid suffered a shock defeat to Lyon which was surprising considering we thrashed Lyon 7-1 at Home with five of our goals coming in the second half after we'd been reduced to 10 men. Next up was the double header against Madrid, with the first game at Home we suffered a slightly disappointing 1-0 defeat as Madrid scored with their only shot on target, whilst the return game in Spain went even worse as we just didn't turn up and lost 2-0, thankfully Lyon lost one of their games to Steaua to leave the group wide open with two games left. Next up we claimed a comfortable 2-0 home win over Steaua, however Madrid drawing to Lyon left us needing at least a draw in our last game against Lyon to go through, thankfully we can now win away in europe and claimed a comfortable 3-1 win to send us through behind Madrid.

In the Knockout Round we were drawn with the fourth favourites German giants Bayern who'd lost the 21/22 Final on pens to Chelsea but other than that hadn't made it past the Quarter Finals though they had made it to the Knockout Round each season so far.

With the First Leg at Home our plans we thrown after my Keeper Johnstone went down with a cold the day before the game ruling him out and leaving me with a rookie 18yo Keeper who'd only made two appearances so far, however we put in an excellent performance as we limited Bayerns chances and scored two late goals with first sub Rui Pedro opening the scoring, before my other sub Jeremic inadvertently setup Walker to score the second after his shot was deflected into Walkers path leaving him with a tap-in. However it would prove to be a costly victory as Winger Masek broke his leg ruling him out for seven months whilst Dufour tore his calf muscle ruling him out for four months :(

In the Second Leg Bayern turned up and utterly overran us in the first 30 minutes as we were woeful and found ourselves 3-0 down, before my left back Lattes of all people pulled a goal back to put us ahead on away goals after finding himself with a tapin from a throwin for his only goal of the season, then at the start of the second half we grabbed another away goal when Rossiter scored a placed shot after Bayern switched off from another throwin, this resulted in Bayern going all out attack and they eventually scored again as their World Class Brazilian Striker Gustavo scored his fourth but they still needed at least one more goal which allowed us to hit them on the counter, with Centre-Back Samario eventually bundling home after some ping-pong after a corner and then sub Aguirregaray somehow earned us an actual draw in Germany with a late goal that killed off Bayern, I was also glad Johnstone was back as despite conceeding four he was my second best player with Bayerns Striker Lewandowski the worst with a 5.6 rating as he thankfully had a shocker.

In the Quarter Final we were drawn with Group Winners Real Madrid, with the First Leg at home we claimed a 0-0 draw as neither one of us had our shooting boots on, and the Second Leg wasn't much better however we grabbed the all important away goal as Walker scored his second goal in a week and rather worringly his first goals since the Bayern game, however Madrid soon equalised through an offside goal but it didn't matter as we held on to go through on away goals.

In the Semi-Final I shouldn't have been surprised as we drew Man Utd who needed pens to beat Arsenal in the last round, though Utd hadn't made it to the Final since the first two seasons when they first lost to Madrid before beating Liverpool in the following season, though they had since lifted the Europa League twice beating Liverpool and Arsenal.

With the First Leg at Old Trafford we actually somehow took the lead despite having an injury hit out of form side as Striker Aguirregaray pressed into service as a Right Winger scored from the edge of the area we then made it 2-0 as Rui Pedro took advantage of a mix up between De Gea and his Centre-Back to tap into an empty net, however we couldn't hold out as straight away we gifted Utd a goal after Pedro gave the ball away and Johnstone let the shoot through his body Taibi style :( In the second half Januzaj added his customary goal against us before their £30m Dutch Striker Roelofs completed our collapse and ended our small run of beating Utd after scoring on the plus side we had two away goals and so were still in the tie.

In the Second Leg we tried our hardest but some poor finishing let us down, we took the lead in the first half through Campos, but Lukaku put Utd ahead midway through the second half and then the ref killed the game by issuing two red cards for nothing challenges to the only two people who'd been booked at that moment and we just couldn't score that all important second goal and went crashing out, though we did claim our first ever draw against Utd (which was followed by our second as we faced them in the League next).

In the other Semi-Final Chelsea beat Schalke with an injury time goal to further spoil the chances of an unlikey repeat of last years Europa League Final between ourselves and Schalke. In the Final Utd claimed their second trophy of the season with a 2-0 win over Chelsea to complete their trio of English side knockouts, whilst we were named Biggest Overachievers.

FA Cup - We made it to our Second FA Cup Final but made hard work of getting there. The Third Round drew us against Chelsea and we got off to a bad start as Chelsea scored and offside goal within two minutes and we struggled to break down Chelseas 4-4-1-1 formation that used 2 DMs instead of CMs until Beaglehole coming on for the injured loanee Robinson scored on the stroke of half-time having a tap in after Courtois spilled a shot into his path and in the second half with Chelsea switching back to a normal 4-4-2 formation we tore them apart to claim a fine 5-1 victory to make up for the Super Cup defeat.

In the Fourth Round we drew Stockport who'd made it up from the Conference North to the Championship and they'd knocked us out in this round back in 20/21 when we were in the Championship and they were still in the Conference, however their was no mistake this time as my second string claimed a solid 3-1 win.

In the Fifth Round we travelled down to Arsenal and in an even game claimed a 1-0 win with a late goal by Beaglehole. In the Quarter Final an injury hit side could only draw to Stoke before comfortably winning the replay.

In the Semi-Final we faced Fulham with the tie annonyingly being played between the Madrid games so extra-time was not something I needed, as we fell behind on the hour due to a pen before Walker scored his first goal for ages, in extra-time we again fell behind after we failed to clear a corner before Aguirregaray scored to send the tie to pens. In the Shootout we both scored our first three pens, then the fourth one from each was saved before we both missed the net with our final pens to send us into sudden death where full back Prochazka and then Johnstone saved his second pen to book our place in the Final.

In the Final we faced Man Utd for the Fourth(!) time in a month and the three previous games hadn't gone our way losing one and drawing the other two, add to that a win and defeat in the League Cup Semi-Final, plus another league defeat earlier in the season, the only thing going for us was the fact that we'd beaten Utd in the League Cup Final a few years back, had won a cup in each of our last three seasons and finally Januzaj wouldn't be a problem as he was still injured from our Champions League encounter and there was some more good news as Dufour recovered from his injury days before the final not that he would be match fit.

In the Final itself we finally turned up against Utd who'd thankfully dropped De Gea and on the stroke of half-time to decision to play Dufour paid off as he scored a tapin thanks to a kind rebound after Utd failed to clear a throw-in and in the second half we soon added a second as Winger Leone scored his first goal for the club which was also a tap in after a Walker free-kick came back off the bar, and finally Dufour added his second as a throughball from Campos was cut out by Jones but all he could do was hit the ball against Manzo with the loose ball falling kindly to Dufour for yet another tapin :) as we held on to win the FA Cup for the second time :cool:

[video=youtube_share;jyjFDjbQlms]

Premier League - Disappointing season as we could only finish 5th missing out on the Champions League next season as we just couldn't keep up with the bigger sides. We started the season well even with several players at the Olympics and managed to beat Spurs in our opening game despite having both our Centre-Backs sent off as the ref had a woeful game getting a 5.3 rating, next up we beat Burnley but lost Striker Pedro who had scored 3 in 3 so far to injury for three months, we were also the team to lose in the league losing to Southampton in our seventh game though then getting thrashed 4-1 by City didn't help but we recovered with a crazy 4-3 win against Chelsea thanks to an injury time winner and a 1-0 win over Arsenal thanks to a pen to kickstart a nine game winning streak in the league including eight clean sheets in a row before losing to Man Utd at the end of the year as we finished the first half of the season top of the league with 44 points three points clear of Arsenal, Utd and City who all had 41 whilst Chelsea were 13 points behind on 31pts but with a game in hand.

However in the Second half of the season we imploded as we just didn't seem interested in the league and lost any ability to score, though not helped by me losing each of my first choice attacking players to injury - Masek and Dufour were ruled out for rest of the season, whilst Manzo and Walker both missed two months of the second half.

At the half-way stage we'd won 14, drawn 2 and lost 3, scoring 36 and conceeding 19, in the second half of the season we won just 7 games, drawing 6 (three of which were in our last three games when the league no longer mattered) and losing 6, scoring just 23 goals whilst conceeding 21, earning just 27 points :( though both Liverpool and Blackburn only earned the same amount of points meaning they both finished the same distance away from us as they were at the halfway stage, and Everton earned a point less.

Whilst City snatched the title from Arsenal at the death to bring them upto three ingame wins tying with both Chelsea and Utd, and we got some revenge back on Utd by drawing to them in the second to last game we ended their chances of retaining the title for a third year. At the bottom Brentford went straight back down, which was a shame as they are the only side with a smaller budget and stadium than us, whilst Bournemouth ended their three season stay with a poor finish, and rather harshly the Liverpool manager lost his job despite them only being predicted to finish 5th.

Man City also won the Europa League to make it a clean sweep for the Manchester clubs, and England if you count Chelsea winning the Super Cup and World Club Cup.

Stat Pack - Poor results against the bottom half let us down, whilst the first goal in our matches normally determined the winner. With the player stats showing how badly we did in the second half with none of the four players managing more than half the league games this season with Masek and Dufour missing the second half of the season and Aguirregaray being a sub in half his games.

Squad and Overview

Another solid season from my Commanding Keeper Sam Johnstone.

At Right Back Attacking Czech Full-Back Jiri Prochazka had a disapointing second season and ended up losing his place Academy player Alex Morris who was retrained into a Right Back due to his lack of jumping ability and had an excellent debut season with my staff now reckoning he has a leading Prem Potential :cool: Down the Left Argentine Wonderkid Ricardo Lattes was again in fine form and I spent the season fending off bids from Utd (no idea why they are after him as they play Wing Backs not Full Backs?)

In the Centre of Defence was Belgian Wonderkid Sebastien Verschueren who had a fine season when he wasn't getting sent off with his 19 yellow cards and four red an unwanted new club record, partnering him was Croatian Fanjo Jokic who did well at home but struggled in Europe and rotated with Strong Mexican Centre-Back Hector Yacir Samario as I partnered whichever of these was in form at the time with Verschueren.

In Defensive Midfield Brazilian Wonderkid Jefferson had a poor season and it seems the interest from Madrid turned his head as he eventually lost his place in the side to Englishman Shola Ameobi who put in some good performances before his form dipped at the end of the season.

In the Centre Midfield Tenacious Defensive Midfielder Jordan Rossiter was in fine form and even scored an impressive seven goals for a role that is more defensive, covering him was one of my Mexican Wonderkids Isidro Campos who improved as the season went on and with my DMs playing badly I might push Rossiter back their next season. In the more attacking role was my other Mexican Wonderkid Ricardo Manzo however he had a poor season as his ability infront of goal disappeared though a few injuries during the season didn't help him, providing cover was Serbian Dusko Berar who was in good form scoring where Manzo couldn't though it doesn't look like he's ever going to be good enough to be first choice.

On the Right Wing Czech Midfielder Jan Masek had a mixed start to the season however he was setting up goals for fun until he broke his leg and I just hope he recovers from that as we missed him in the second half of the season, covering him was Mexican Winger Bruno Leone signed on a free at the end of March he had a slow start but scored an important goal in the FA Cup Final and unfortantley wasn't available for the European games. I also gave a run out to Academy Winger Ian Simpson who has developed nicely this season with some good tutoring.

On the Left Wing Scottish Wonderkid Colin Walker started the season in excellent form and was even named European Golden Boy however in the second half of the season he was woeful as he just didn't seem interested scoring just two goals in his last 13 appearances compared with 13 goals in his first 25, hopefully it's just a lack of a Right Winger to create chances that affected him as I don't really have any cover for him yet - I have about five youth players with potential but none really ready to push him, whilst Alex Beaglehole just hasn't worked on the Left Wing, though he was even worse down the right with his only good games coming upfront but I have better Strikers than him.

Upfront Belgian Wonderkid Jean-Charles Dufour season was pretty much written off he started the season winning the Olympics with Belgium however that meant he missed the start of the season and when he returned he had to go on holiday to get rested and with him slowly starting to get going he got injured against Bayern missing the rest of the season, though he did at least recover in time to win us the FA Cup, this meant I turned to Portuguese Attacker Rui Pedro who started the season in fine form scoring three in three before he got injured ruling him out for three months and he never really recovered from that as he struggled to lead the line in the second half of the season. My other option upfront was Uruguayian Striker Walter Aguirregaray who was signed on as a gamble on deadline day before I was able to fully scout him and whilst he had to wait for his debut as an injury ruled him out for the first six weeks he stepped up with some fine performances and despite being raw showed a keen eye for goal and even managed to do a job as an emergency right winger, and was even named signing of the season. I also had my Young Serbian Striker Nikola Jeremic who spent most of the season coming off the bench to cover injuries or being deployed down the right wing and had a decent return of five goals.

Fans Player of Year - GK Johnstone pips LB Lattes to the award.

Best XI - I'd agree with the Defence and Wingers, but I wouldn't have counted Campos, Aguirregaray or Berar as first teamers though they did all have good seasons

Academy - All the money I've pumped into our youth setup paid off this season as I got three more players with a Leading Prem Potential to add to the two from last season, with Promising Keeper Luke Carlile the best of the bunch , though Centre-Back Michael Ellison is also highly rated as is Full-Back Ian Tobin - which means I could now actually field an entirely academy developed Prem Potential back five :cool:

Elite Footballers - We also became one of the top ten producers of homegrown players, though this is pretty much due to a years worth of useless academy players who've become fully homegrown before their contracts expire, really we only have two Serbian Full Back Milikic and Watford Defender Bell neither of which are really any good for the prem.

Finances - Still not that great as end of season prize money takes us out of the red, and with wages likely to increase again next season we'll have to sell before spending much money.

Stadim Expansion - Our latest expansion was completed this season pushing us just past 17,000 capacity, as we replaced the new unused West Stand with a new two tier one complete with some wierd corner pieces and with the right hand one left empty, though at least this time the expansion gave us back the use of the East Stand when it was finished - not sure why the stand furthest away had to be closed during the expansion. And at the end of the season the board announced further expansion of our ground though only an extra 2,000 seats this time which will bring our Capacity upto exactly 20,000 which may mean we have reached our max capacity, which is not good as my ground is only 10 years old meaning we'll have to wait another 10 years for a new stadium :(

Facilities - Our youth facilities are looking good, I think our Junior Coaching is maxed out (it's the same as City's and I pressume Exceptional is better than Excellent), whilst our Youth Facilities and Youth Recruitment are now one step away from being maxed out, also at the end of the season we got our Youth Level increased to the Max, the only problem being our Average Training Facilities which are only 2.5 stars and will take years to max out and I think they are currently holding back the development of my senior players as most of my Wonderkids are maxing their Potential already, and I had to fight yet again to get the board to approve further improvements.

Profile - I obtain the final Coaching Badge which increases a couple of my attributes a bit.

We also got hopefuly some good news at the end of the season when the Utd manager Mazzarri decided to retire after being their for nine years (took over when van Gaal retired at the end of the second season) winning 2 titles and 13 cups. Whilst the press have made me favourite to take over, however I wasn't even offered an interview which was a little wierd considering I've pretty much been offered interviews everywhere over the last few seasons.

Another bit of interesting news saw Ronaldo retire at the age of 40! after spending the last seasons acutally playing for City.

Homegrown Status

(15-21 excluding yth academy players)

Club Grown: 6

Nation Grown: 14

Club Due: 34

Nationalities

(excluding yth academy players)

20 ENG

4 CRO, MEX, SRB, WAL

3 SCO

2 BEL, CZE, POR

1 ARG, BRA, CAN, GRE, IRL, NOR, URU

Goals for next season

- Get back into the Champions League, and turn all attention to the League hopefully without the distraction of the Champions League we can sustain a title challenge next season, also hopefully get less injuries to key players.

- Transfers wise I could do with some cover at Left Back and on the Left Wing, my scouts have also been spotting some World Class players who are interested in signing for me however I doubt we can afford the fees or wages, more than likely it will just be a case of snapping up some cheap promising youngsters my scouting network uncover.

Leaderboard points (FM Mode) (My Steam Username is same as here if anyone wants to add me)

(points / position)

Single Game: 6,113,744 (34,173) 5,259,317 (37,535)

Single Season: 1,617,187 (74,824)

Single Season in England: 1,617,187 (43,267)

Single Season Premier League: 901,656 (93,742)

Single Season Championship: 1,617,187 (363)

Single Season Conference North: 427,741 (745)

Career Overview

[TABLE=class: cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_ cms_table_ cms_table_cms_table_ cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_ MsoTableLi cms_table_ghtShading cms_table_cms_table_m, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Season[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Position[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Achievements (Domestic)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Achievements

(Europe)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Leaderboard Points

(Season / Game)

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Euro C/E

(Place)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]15/16[/TD]

[TD]Conference North[/TD]

[TD]7th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]13,793 / 13,793[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]16/17[/TD]

[TD]Conference North[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]Winners - Promoted!!![/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]427,741 / 441,534[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]17/18[/TD]

[TD]Conference[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]617,814 / 1,059,348[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]18/19[/TD]

[TD]League Two[/TD]

[TD]4th[/TD]

[TD]Playoff Winners - Promoted!!![/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]61,136 / 1,120,484[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]19/20[/TD]

[TD]League One[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]758,596 / 1,879,080[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]20/21[/TD]

[TD]Championship[/TD]

[TD]17th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]117,333 / 1,996,413[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]21/22[/TD]

[TD]Championship[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]Winners - Promoted + FA Cup Winners!!!![/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]1,617,187 / 3,613,600[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]22/23[/TD]

[TD]Premier League[/TD]

[TD]5th[/TD]

[TD]League Cup Winners!!![/TD]

[TD]Europa League 1st Knockout Roud[/TD]

[TD]744,061 / 4,357,661[/TD]

[TD]0 (-)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]23/24[/TD]

[TD]Premier League[/TD]

[TD]4th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]Europa League Winners!!![/TD]

[TD]901,656 / 5,259,317[/TD]

[TD]31.159 (71st)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]24/25[/TD]

[TD]Premier League[/TD]

[TD]5th[/TD]

[TD]FA Cup Winners[/TD]

[TD]Champions League Semi-Final[/TD]

[TD]854,427 / 6,113,744[/TD]

[TD]53.937 (37th)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Dulwich Hamlet - Barclays Premier League - 2031/32

League - hard times for the Hamlet.

FA Cup - very unlucky, Man Utd drew the first leg in injury time and played the 120 minutes of the second leg without making a single shot.

Capital One Cup - annihilated by West Ham again.

Squad - it's time for some rebuilding as some players want to leave and others have contracts expiring.

Transfers - players sold make place for new, younger players to come in.

Finances - without European comps there was a loss but the tycoon is keeping the money rolling.

Career overview

Season    Division                    Position   Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South   6th
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South   8th
2017/18   Vanarama Conference South   16th
2018/19   Vanarama Conference South   7th
2019/20   Vanarama Conference South   1st        Promotion
2020/21   Vanarama Conference         12th
2021/22   Vanarama Conference         5th        Promotion via play-off
2022/23   Sky Bet League 2            4th
2023/24   Sky Bet League 2            2nd        Promotion
2024/25   Sky Bet League 1            2nd        Promotion
2025/26   Sky Bet Championship        1st        Promotion
2026/27   Barclays Premier League     6th
2027/28   Barclays Premier League     6th        League Cup winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League     3rd        FA Cup winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League     3rd        FA Cup winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League     10th
2031/32   Barclays Premier League     11th

Next season

The aim is to get back to european spots.

Margate - League One - 2019/20

175px-MargateFC_zpsdb93ba83.png

Squad

Transfers

Trials

Table

Graph

Competitions

Finances

Board Confidence

Facilities

Key Player Profiles:

Nuttall - Best performed forward, although still goes missing for long patches and has injury issues. Hoping he'll sign on again for next year but it's touch and go.

Duggan - 19 assists and 7 MOM awards this season. Still my main attacking threat, although loanee Allan pushed him for selection.

Phipp - Still scoring well but is starting to struggle at this level. Unsigned for next year and will only renew if no other options appear.

Westlake - Best performed of my youngsters. Plenty of improvement left in him and he'll allow me to move on the older mids like Gomis.

Smith-Brown - Pretty much a lone hand at LB this season, playing over 50 games in total. Has his limitations but been solid most of the year.

Dingwall - The Wall stood tall down back. Played over 50 matches all up this season and his only 2 yellow cards came in the same match. In stark contrast to The Hammer.

Hammershoj - The Hammer came in this year and partnered The Wall in the centre of defence. 50 games and 13 yc meant he missed 2 matches and I had to pull him back late in the season so he wouldn't get to 15yc. Has more than earned his nickname.

Walton - With Crocombe stuck on international duty from Oct-Jun through a bug in the game, Walton had to take over as #1 and did a decent job considering.

Loanees:

Allan - Needed a back-up left winger for Duggan and Allan fit in well. 195cm winger who is listed as promising. Trying to find a way to get him here more permanently in the future.

Blackmore - Back-up AM who probably didn't have as good a season as last year. Not using the AM role as often means I probably won't bring him back next season.

Klooster - Loaned in during Jan window as back-up to Phipp. Ended up starting the majority of games in the second half of the season. Unsure if I'll be able to get him back in any form next season.

Bass - Loaned in just before the cutoff in March. With Crocombe on international duty all season, I needed someone in case Walton got injured late in the season, which he did.

Season Summary:

Was at times a difficult season as we had no real increase in the wage/transfer budget moving into League One. Derby helped out by buying Gray giving us a useful cash injection plus giving us a transfer budget that allowed me to increase wages to bring in Hammershoj which was vital to the structure of the team. Had an up and down early part of the season and was only just out of the relegation places for a while. Was never worried as the points were close from 3rd-20th and I always had a decently positive goal difference. Our form finally picked up around half way through the season with 10 wins in 13 matches, including 5 on the trot, to put us right in playoff contention. From there we went back to our patchy ways but managed to hold on to 5th spot at the end of the season.

The playoff semi-final matched us against 4th place Gillingham and the home leg started poorly, going 2-0 down early on before some fiery words and a more attacking formation got us back level, ending the first leg 2-2. Off to Gillingham we went, looking to cause an upset but like the first leg, they were once again off to a flyer and 2-0 up at half time. We pegged one back straight away in the second half but they had the answer five minutes later. Again he pushed hard and pegged one back but right from the kickoff they scored again and there it stayed, Gillingham winning 4-2. They were the better side in both legs so I have no real cause for complaint.

In the cups, we had our first decent FA Cup run this season. The first two rounds saw us draw home ties against League Two teams and thus two comfortable victories. I was hoping for a monster 3rd Rd draw but instead got a trip to Peterborough, our parent club in the Championship. We went in defensively and surprised them, taking a 2-0 lead early on. They fought back after half time, levelling it at 2-2 and taking it to a replay. We again took the lead early in the replay and then they conceded a penalty and red card just before half time. Once again we had a 2-0 lead at half time but this time we were at home, with an extra man and closed out the game comfortably.

For the 4th Rd draw, we were once again hopeful of a big game and this time we drew an away trip to Hull who were mid-table in the top flight. Sadly, we were completely outclassed, going down two goals in the first five minutes and three down after half an hour. We managed to stem the losses after that but never really threatened and Hull scored a late fourth goal to finish us off. Their crowd of just under 15k meant the stadium was about 3/5th full which certainly helped financially but lower than I was hoping.

Career Overview

Season   Position   League                 Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16  2nd      Vanarama South          Promotion, 4th Qual. Rd FA Cup, 4th Rd FA Trophy 
2016/17  8th      Vanarama Conference     1st Rd FA Cup, 1st Rd FA Trophy     
2017/18  5th      Vanarama Conference     Promotion, 1st Rd FA Cup, 3rd Rd FA Trophy
2018/19  4th      League Two              Promotion, 1st Rd FA Cup, 2nd Rd League Cup, 2nd Rd JPT
2019/20  5th      League One              4th Rd FA Cup, 2nd Rd League Cup, 2nd Rd JPT

My Profile Clearly I don't like kids, am not adaptable, lack discipline and determination.

My Information Another coaching badge this season, takes me to a National B Licence.

Next Season

The pitch is finally getting relayed as we speak after years of postponed matches and being a regular discussion at press conferences. The board have for the past season allowed scouting all over Europe which is starting to find some talented players, although trying to find ones that can adapt well to England and Margate remains an issue. The wage budget has increased next season, along with expectations so hopefully I can bring in some more top end talent to improve and win promotion. Major improvement is needed upfront, in the centre of the park and more depth is needed down back, so those will be the areas I focus on.

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2038/39

The rebuilding of the squad was well underway and we looked back to our best with a quadruple last season.

League Table - not quite back to our best, but the gap is opening up again.

Community Shield - the scoreline flattered us a bit.

UEFA Super Cup - this one was more deserved.

FIFA Club World Cup - we were terrible at taking our chances.

Capital One Cup - we blitzed it, just slipping up in the first leg against City.

FA Cup - I've no idea how we lost this badly.

UEFA Champions League - our away form was a bit shaky, but we retained the trophy.

Transfers - a couple of straight swaps for younger players.

Squad - there are a few weaker spots, but the squad is great.

Finances - I'm amazed we made a profit, we were in huge debt at one point.

Key Player Profiles:

Iván Gorostidi - the legend.

Oliveira - he's displaced Park Min-Ho, who will probably leave soon.

Muhammed Benali - truly World class.

Mathias Ceccherini - the replacement for Paulo.

Joel McInnes - the long term replacement for Guilbert.

Career Overview

2037/38   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2038/39   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

There are few more transfers I have in mind that could improve this squad, but I feel we are capable of a clean sweep.

Just looked at the Premiership results from last season (2019/20).

Chelsea won the title with only 69pts, with Crystal Palace and Newcastle 2nd and 3rd respectively on 66pts each. At the other end of the table, as you might expect, forty points wasn't enough with West Ham (40) and Swansea (41) going down, along with Reading (34).

Don't think I've ever seen so few points winning the league. Every other year in my save as been in the 83-92 range.

Dulwich Hamlet - Barclays Premier League - 2032/33

League - we had a great second half of season and clinched the CL spot in the last matchday.

FA Cup - a tough draw.

Capital One Cup - an opportunity to return to silverware but Chelsea were better.

Squad - we need some starting players but there's already a lot of quality.

Transfers - some players have been declining and I'm looking to replace them with fresh faces.

Finances - the board has been making great sponsorship deals, which have been good to cover our recent bad seasons.

Career overview

Season    Division                    Position   Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South   6th
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South   8th
2017/18   Vanarama Conference South   16th
2018/19   Vanarama Conference South   7th
2019/20   Vanarama Conference South   1st        Promotion
2020/21   Vanarama Conference         12th
2021/22   Vanarama Conference         5th        Promotion via play-off
2022/23   Sky Bet League 2            4th
2023/24   Sky Bet League 2            2nd        Promotion
2024/25   Sky Bet League 1            2nd        Promotion
2025/26   Sky Bet Championship        1st        Promotion
2026/27   Barclays Premier League     6th
2027/28   Barclays Premier League     6th        League Cup winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League     3rd        FA Cup winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League     3rd        FA Cup winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League     10th
2031/32   Barclays Premier League     11th
2032/33   Barclays Premier League     4th

Next season

We showed progress and we want to continue building on it.

Run into something in my game that doesn't make any sense.

This news item came in about a contract clause of a player I didn't recognise.

Went to transfer and here are all the clauses with this guy.

Here is his profile and history which suggests he was with me but I certainly would never have let him go if he's at that level at 17.

Full transfer history: This season, last season

Trials: This season, last season

Youth: This season, last season, year before that.

Haven't been able to find any other mention of him ever being at the club, anyone know what this is about?

Run into something in my game that doesn't make any sense.

This news item came in about a contract clause of a player I didn't recognise.

Went to transfer and here are all the clauses with this guy.

Here is his profile and history which suggests he was with me but I certainly would never have let him go if he's at that level at 17.

Full transfer history: This season, last season

Trials: This season, last season

Youth: This season, last season, year before that.

Haven't been able to find any other mention of him ever being at the club, anyone know what this is about?

Other clubs can poach your youth players before they enter your under 18's team.

In other news, after bugging my board they wouldn't up our transfer budget. They did however triple the wage budget, and I managed to put some into transfers, leaving med with roughly 190k for wages and 4 million for transfers. This happened 4 days before the window shut.

Nothing happened with the takeover until the last day before the window shut. I really needed to buy players, so a transfer embargo at this point was a catastrophe. It fell through and left us with an impressive 4 hours to buy players.

I am not impressed with my board.

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2039/40

I'm still working on rebuilding the squad, but it's tough when they are playing so well.

League Table - this was the first time that we had reached 100 points.

Community Shield - we left it late but got the win we deserved.

UEFA Super Cup - we edged it, just.

FIFA Club World Cup - we left it late, really late.

Capital One Cup - another late goal wins us another trophy.

FA Cup - this was a huge shock as we lost to Championship Middlesbrough.

UEFA Champions League - we were destroying everyone until we met Arsenal.

Transfers - after receiving £74m for a backup striker, I got carried away and spent £55m on a 19 year old goalkeeper.

Squad - the squad is superb, but we have a number of older players who I would like to replace.

Finances - a loss, but not a disaster.

Key Player Profiles:

Iván Gorostidi - he's still scoring, but he's coming under pressure for his place in the team.

Icaro - the new signing impressed.

Oliveira - a great supporting striker.

Mauro Medina - we didn't need him, but it isn't often players this good are available.

Muhammed Benali - he's a legend, but I may cash in on him.

Career Overview

2038/39   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and League Cup winners

Next Season

Despite being poor in the major cups, I still plan on having a bit of a clear out of the older players. If I sell everyone who I am considering then winning the league would be a great achievement.

Makes sense, although disappointing. I assume I can't do the same.

You can, but it's not something you can control, well you can a bit through improving your various youth facilities or by getting a certain kind of feeder club, but other than that it's pretty much random chance as to whether any of your academy players are deemed to have been poached from another academy (or whether another side has poached some of your academy players).

Hendon - Vanarama Conference - 2017-2018

Predicted finish: 24th

Actual finish: 5th and promoted via play-offs!!!!!

As a newly promoted team our aim was to stay clear of relegation. The fact that our wage budget was smaller than last season, I thought this would be very difficult. We signed a lot of players on non-contract base, to keep our wage budget as small as possible.

During the season we were a decent mid-table team, but a good run at the last 10 games of the season gave us the last play-off spot. We were the ultimate underdogs in these play-offs.

First game was at home against Torquay. The lost the title in the last game of the season. Due to this loss, there moral was very low and for the first time this season we could seal a victory against them. 2-1. They scored there goal in extra time, so this could be vital for them.

The second leg started terrible. We were 3-0 down after 36 minutes, and I thought everything was over. But the players were incredible, and came back to 3-2. This meant extra time. In minute 114 Torquay scored again, but 4 minutes later young player Yates scored again 4-3 and we held on. Penalty's were our reward. And we were Lucky this time winning it 10-9. For the second time in a row we were in the play-off final.

Our final opponent was Exeter. During the regular seasons we won once and lost once. This could be a very close game. And it was a very close game. 1-1 after 120 minues, and again we had the lottery of penaty's. And again we won it 4-2.

For the first time in there history Hendon will play in League 2.

I believe we will go professional in a short while, and in 1 month our complete new 6000 seater stadium will be finished. We need a lot of new players to stay in League 2, but I hope that our reputation will be better after our second promotion in a row, so we could attrack higher profiled players.

Games 1

Games 2

FA cup: disappointed to be knocked out in the first round. The positive was that we lost at Wigan, and there were more than 7500 spectators.

FA Throphy: didn't interested me, so went out after the first game.

Transfers:

And we have a first Tycoon in our game. Unfortunally not for us, the Lucky team is QPR

Goal for next season:

Survive

A cup run

Margate - League One - 2020/21

175px-MargateFC_zpsdb93ba83.png

Squad

Transfers

Trials

Table

Graph

Competitions

Finances

Board Confidence

Facilities

Key Player Profiles:

Nuttall - Led the line along with the loanee Montenegro. Not often used together but they did work well when needed.

Voisin - The French colonization of the middle of the park continued with another free transfer. Used as a deep playmaker, his hattrick against Leeds was the individual highlight of the season. A little concerning that he hasn't learnt any English in a little over 6mths, might be a sign that he'll struggle to adapt long term.

Howe - Picked up on a free after Arsenal showed him the door. He hadn't played any competitive matches in 5 years there, no loans either. Took over the #1 right wing role from Phipp and has a lot of potential according to coaches.

Westlake - Took another step up this year and was the rock in midfield. Team high 15 assists. Can play a variety of roles in the centre of the park.

Thiam - Brought him in at the end of October of the previous season. Spent most of his first 3/4 season getting used to the team and was very important this year.

Hammershoj - Much better disciplinary record. Once again the mainstay down back, with Dingwall having competition for the second spot.

Loanees:

Allan - Kept him on loan for a second year and he started taking over from Duggan as the first choice left winger, although both had plenty of game time.

Montenegro - Loanee striker from Arsenal who turned out to be critical for our success. His Arsenal contract finishes next month and I'll be trying to get him, although I suspect I might end up a few dollars short.

Season Summary:

Finally learnt how to defend and keep clean sheets this season. As a result the season started slowly with more draws and fewer goals scored but as the season went on, we started to find our goalscoring groove to take us from a comfortable mid-table slot to our eventual 4th placed finish. We ended up with the 3rd best attack and 3rd best defence, scoring around the same number of goals but conceding at least 10 fewer ourselves. One problem with this more successful style was a drop in attendances, down from 1804 last year to 1617 this year and around 2,000 below the second lowest team.

The lack of attendances meant that, although I was only spending around 2/3rds of the wage budget, we were losing a lot of money and needed multiple investments during the season. The lack of a big money FA Cup run also contributed to the financial issues.

Back to the action and a 4th placed finish meant playoffs and this time we were up against Huddersfield. The first leg was on the road and an early own goal looked to be a bad sign, heading into the break 0-1 down. We managed to regroup and came back in attack mode, scoring twice and then holding on, taking a 2-1 lead back home. The home leg turned out to be a whitewash, where a comfortable 2-0 lead at half time became 4-0 by full time and 6-1 overall. We were heading to Wembley.

In more good news, 6th placed Oldham had won their home leg 3-0 against the team that knocked us out last year in the semi-final, Gillingham. Oldham kept it tight on the road with a 0-0 and so we would go into the playoff final against what I considered to be a weaker team and luckily this year, we'd be at full strength.

Off to Wembley we went, with a little over 50k in attendance and millions more on TV. Pity some of those 50k couldn't turn up to more matches, they must all be Oldham fans. The opening half hour was very tight and despite an injury, Oldham managed to go ahead with a goal out of nowhere really and we went into the break 0-1. Straight after the break we turned up the heat and a knock-down from Montenegro found Miller alone near the penalty spot. Miller slid it home and we levelled 1-1 after 47mins. On the hour mark, we had a free kick near the corner of the box. Oldham defended well but it came back to Duggan, who found Thiam near the top of the box and he sent it further across to Westlake. Westlake didn't hesitate, ramming it home from just inside the box, giving us a 2-1 lead. From there we managed to keep Oldham at bay without too much trouble and when the final whistle blew, we had won 2-1 and on our way up once more.

With a new league comes a new stadium requirement so once again we're taking out yet another loan to pay for a Planned expansion. Whilst that's being built, we'll be playing at Fossett's Farm in Southend on-Sea. No idea if Southend themselves get to use their new stadium as well or if we've taken it over. They're still listed to play at their old stadium.

Career Overview

Season   Position   League                 Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16  2nd      Vanarama South          Promotion, 4th Qual. Rd FA Cup, 4th Rd FA Trophy 
2016/17  8th      Vanarama Conference     1st Rd FA Cup, 1st Rd FA Trophy     
2017/18  5th      Vanarama Conference     Promotion, 1st Rd FA Cup, 3rd Rd FA Trophy
2018/19  4th      League Two              Promotion, 1st Rd FA Cup, 2nd Rd League Cup, 2nd Rd JPT
2019/20  5th      League One              4th Rd FA Cup, 2nd Rd League Cup, 2nd Rd JPT
2020/21  4th      League One              Promotion, 3rd Rd FA Cup, 2nd Rd League Cup, Qtr Final JPT

My Profile

My Information

Next Season

Survival and getting people to attend matches will be the two main aims of next season. Really need a way to ensure financial stability and not have to rely on getting promoted via playoffs which earns me more money in gate receipts than all my other matches combined. Would love the ability to spend close to the wage budget next season, whatever it happens to be. I think the current team, with a couple of improvements can stay up and who knows, maybe if the board ever improves the training facilities, we can reach our potential and challenge for promotion. Looking at my history, we've always been more than competitive but never dominated a league, so that's something to try and aim for over the next season or two.

Having gradually lost interest in my obligatory seasonal Aston Villa save I have decided to give this challenge a go for the first time. Of the teams that spawned for me I have decided to go with Dulwich Hamlet, the key reasons are

a) A great name

b) A great kit

c) I live near Dulwich

Here are the necessary screenshots: Profile / Personal Information

The aim for my first season is going to be to bring a young squad that can grow into division champions without destroying the finances. Here's hoping for a long and successful save.

After winning the league and the champions league both 3 times, i've decided to try something new while still manager of hereford. I'm going to try and force the board out, by bankrupting the club while still winning as much as possible

Well it's that time of year - the updates are out - so here goes for another bash at this with Dulwich Hamlet.

Mid-season update

Awful start made 1 win in the 1st 6 games I managed to put the ball in the back of my own net on 3 occasions.

Made some backroom changes including sacking the Asst Manager.

The form has picked up a bit since then but without the 12 goals in 20 games from ex-West Ham youth player Marcio Martins I'd really be in trouble.

Also I have a 16 year old midfielder Steve Oakley who's been a regular in my side all season who's refusing to sign a new contract because he doesn't believe the squad is strong enough to play at a level matching his own ambitions (according to his agent)

And he's now been poached by Ipswich

So far 22 players stretchered off in 37 games

Dulwich Hamlet - Season 1

Conference South (Fixtures 1 / Fixtures 2)

We started dreadfully winning only 1 of our first 7, and I was ready for a tough and long season, survival was my only aim. But we picked up drastically, I think our early struggles were largely due to the fact that the team didn't really have a pre season together as so many players were brought in last minute, but once they gelled and got used to the system we looked pretty good. In fact if it wasn't for a terrible spell in February we would have won the league.

We lost the playoff semi final in extra time, in truth we really didn't turn up for the big occasion and were poor in both games. I think that our young squad was quite up to the tension of a playoff.

FA Cup

We needed replays twice to beat lower league opposition and then went out with a whimper as soon as we came up against a bigger team. The prizemoney was very welcome though.

FA Trophy

There is not nearly as much prizemoney on offer here as in the FA Cup, so I counted this as low priority. Even so we managed to put out a Conference Prem side in Welling, and we rather unfortunate to lose to another in the next round.

Squad

We have got some good players, and would like to keep the squad as settled as possible going into the next season. Having said that I am sure that there will be at least 6 or 7 being replaced, as is the nature of lower league football. Adeniyi's contract is up and he will certainly leave. A better centre back and someone to fill the roaming playmaker role are priorities, but both with be tough positions to find players in. I would also like a striker that can contribute more goals to reduce our reliance on Tom Collins, but again this may be a tough ask.

Tactics (Formation / Instructions)

I wanted to implement a high tempo, attacking formation with room for 3 strikers. It has taken a fair bit of tinkering, but I am pretty happy with it now. It's fair to say playing this fluidly is ambitous at this level, but I felt that the player took to well eventually. We keep the ball well, but at the same time attack with real purpose. The full backs provide very good width and we get a lot of players into the box, the only problem is that we can be left exposed at the back, I can't really find a way around this but I am happy to scarifice a bit of defence solditiy for some attacking flair.

Transfers

A fairly typical huge turnover of players. I basically rid myself of as many of the club's pre-existing players as I could, minus the couple of exceptions that were actually decent. I rebuilt by offering any half ok looking young player a trial and then formed a squad out the better ones. My strategy was to offer the young players low wages on 3 year deals, the thinking being that my squad would improve without becoming more expensive, the down side of this approach being the risk that some players would not live up to the potential that they appeared to have. The results were mixed, we picked up a handful of great players at this level who can grow into some of the best in the division, but we are also now lumbered with some players I would rather not have on longer term contracts.

Finances

A combination of some money spinning freindlies and a tiny wage spend has the club's bank balance looking suprisingly healthy. I think this may be the first version of FM in which I feel like I will be able to build a strong side at this level with losing huge amounts of cash, could well be famous last words though.

Key Players

Chimdl Akubuine: We picked him up after he was released by Hayes and Yeading and he was one of our best signings. A very good full back at this level, it is also extremely useful to have someone who can play on both sides of the pitch when financial restictions neccisitate a small squad. He has two more years on his contract and we will definitely be keeping him.

Connor Wilkins: He was at the club when I arrived but his contract was expiring, it turns out my decision to make him our highest paid player was a good one. Along with Danny Stenning he is the most talented player at the club and he will be crucial to our chances next season.

Danny Stenning: By the best technician at the club, he is another who was already at the club. He spent the whole season refusing to sign a contract extension but happily agreed one just before the end of the season.

Tom Collins: It always helps to have the division's top scorer on your team, and thankfully in Collins we did. He might not look like much, but in the false nine position in the middle of our front three he has been deadly, I just hope he is as good next season.

Next Season

After finishing second much to my own suprise the only aim can be to win the division next season. I will try to improve the squad in the off season, and if I am successful I am confident we can do it.

Dulwich Hamlet

Season 1 Conference South (15th)

After an awful start the team kicked on and moved up to 10th then the season fell away with 2 wins in the last 9 games.

I had 35 occasions where players were stretchered off which didn't really help with getting a settled side. Also lots of whiney hot prospects complaining about the lack of 1st team football.

The plus was Marcio Martins who finished with 17 goals from 34 starts.

Also managed to get the Staines manager sacked by beating them

Hopes for next season - avoid huge streaks of not winning.

2 promoted teams from VCS Sutton & Boreham Wood

3 relegated teams from VCS Chelmsford, Aldershot & Staines

Also made a £30k profit

How do you guys go about setting up tactically? (Im not after a tactic btw) Ive had a couple of attempts at this and im struggling to get any consistency. It might just be that the players Im signing arent good enough (although in my current effort with Redditch, most of my team are at least decent for the VCN) but I either go out seemingly dominating teams and losing by a defensive mistake or getting absolutely battered and having 3 or 4 shots in the entire game. Any help would be much appreciated :)

Archived