wolrd class players obscure country

I had a "greatest player of his generation", youth come through the ranks at Arsenal, but he was from Zimbabwe. Unfortunately for him, and Zimbabwe, I have a better player for his position anyway, so to punish Mugabe and make sure he doesn't get to use this kid for propaganda propping up his corrupt regime I keep the kid untrained and rubbish.

I deserve a medal for my heroic fight against tyranny.

Probably this guy, from a past FM, FM10? Haven't played far enough to see many World Class newgens in FM14 yet. And more recent FMs I never went and tried to find them, mainly focusing on local players. This guy was awesome though. Ah, memories.

PeterBwalya1.png

EDIT: Looking back on it I can't remember why he had so little caps for Zambia at 27 years old.

Yeah probably. Don't think they ever did anything special because any other non-greyedout players in the national team were hopeless. In the end it benefitted me that he didn't go off and play in the big international comps.

a thread to show your world class players from obscure countries

Arsenal3_zpsa324a082.jpg

I know it says England but he was born in the tiny African country of Guinea-Bissau

How can he be considered world class when he has yet to win a full cap for England at the age of 24?

By no means is he world class now. But with development he has the potential to be. He hails from Tahiti which we all know is the sleeping giant of international football. We all dread the day when that tiny island nation rises in collective unison and wins the World Cup for the next 200 years.

On a more serious note. Any day now his national flag will change to be French. He has been called up to the French U-19 side multiple times but has yet to win a cap. A piece of me will die the day that it does change and that tiny piece of the sunny and warm South Pacific vanishes from my youth squad.

ApateaLiFungKuee_OverviewAttributes.png

FM13 got world class players from USA, Scotland

Croatia seems to churn out some of the best players in the world, and China produces some good ones on mine,

found world class players in lower leagues as well

just found an Egyptan that can be a star premier division player and a Greek.

not very very obscure but not the place you usualy find them.

By no means is he world class now. But with development he has the potential to be. He hails from Tahiti which we all know is the sleeping giant of international football. We all dread the day when that tiny island nation rises in collective unison and wins the World Cup for the next 200 years.

On a more serious note. Any day now his national flag will change to be French. He has been called up to the French U-19 side multiple times but has yet to win a cap. A piece of me will die the day that it does change and that tiny piece of the sunny and warm South Pacific vanishes from my youth squad.

The Vahiruas say hi :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marama_Vahirua

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal_Vahirua

Probably this guy, from a past FM, FM10? Haven't played far enough to see many World Class newgens in FM14 yet. And more recent FMs I never went and tried to find them, mainly focusing on local players. This guy was awesome though. Ah, memories.

PeterBwalya1.png

EDIT: Looking back on it I can't remember why he had so little caps for Zambia at 27 years old.

Maybe because he hadn't scored in 18 games for you at the time of the screenshot.......................:p

I was always too cautious with my fullbacks. Oh how times have changed.

You ain't a full back anymore unless you challenge the forwards on the scoreboard.

Well, I actually wonder how you didn't use him as a winger in ML with those offensive stats. Your ML/AML must have been even more of a beast...

You ain't a full back anymore unless you challenge the forwards on the scoreboard.

Well, I actually wonder how you didn't use him as a winger in ML with those offensive stats. Your ML/AML must have been even more of a beast...

That he was, but a AML. Didn't use ML. Probably my best save of newgens.

Archived