FM14: Fallen Giant Saves

enders357

• 2 weeks later...

My beloved Everton have fallen upon hard times. After a solid first season under Martinez, finishing in 9th, Everton had a woeful 2014/15 campaign which resulted in them getting relegated on the final day of the season, with a heartbreaking 1-1 draw at Anfield sending them down to the Championship on goal difference. Martinez has since been sacked, and the club are in major disarray. In Martinez's second season he sent Alcaraz, Guaye and fan favourite Bryan Oviedo away from the club, and since his departure new manager Ian Holloway has been faced with major problems. Most of the first team squad demanded a transfer, not excited by the prospect of playing second-tier football, and the 2015/16 pre-season has seen the departures of John Stones, Seamus Coleman, Apostolos Vellios, Kevin Mirallas, Mathieu Flamini, Darron Gibson, James McCarthy, Leighton Baines, Steven Pienaar, Ross Barkley, and former club captain Phil Jagielka.

These transfers have generated £84.76m in funds (£8.8m already spent by Holloway), but with Tim Howard, Sylvain Distin, Arouna Kone, John Heitinga and Joel the only remaining members of the Moyes/Martinez squad, you've very much been left with a clean slate. Can you build from the ground up and take Everton back to something like the success David Moyes brought to the club? Or has the damage already been done? I wish you luck!

https://mega.co.nz/#!8kRy2J7R!Fjb51EGMMrBzUJOywPwGxBtwwLgzcqMFapT7huuYIM4

• 4 weeks later...

In my 2038 save League 2 contains: Aston Villa, Blackpool, Leeds, Charlton, Portsmouth and Doncaster

If anyone fancies this give me a shout and I'd happily upload it. Liverpool have just came up from the Championship as well

edit: Bolton are also in the Skrill Premier, so there are a few big teams knocking about down there. If anyone ends up downloading this I'd be interested to see how my AFC Telford side got on

Here it is: https://mega.co.nz/#!Q54n2LqR!46-orAP3VU_YGvELKTiv9olfV_Had6Pa4P-_v0BWvBY

My beloved Everton have fallen upon hard times. After a solid first season under Martinez, finishing in 9th, Everton had a woeful 2014/15 campaign which resulted in them getting relegated on the final day of the season, with a heartbreaking 1-1 draw at Anfield sending them down to the Championship on goal difference. Martinez has since been sacked, and the club are in major disarray. In Martinez's second season he sent Alcaraz, Guaye and fan favourite Bryan Oviedo away from the club, and since his departure new manager Ian Holloway has been faced with major problems. Most of the first team squad demanded a transfer, not excited by the prospect of playing second-tier football, and the 2015/16 pre-season has seen the departures of John Stones, Seamus Coleman, Apostolos Vellios, Kevin Mirallas, Mathieu Flamini, Darron Gibson, James McCarthy, Leighton Baines, Steven Pienaar, Ross Barkley, and former club captain Phil Jagielka.

These transfers have generated £84.76m in funds (£8.8m already spent by Holloway), but with Tim Howard, Sylvain Distin, Arouna Kone, John Heitinga and Joel the only remaining members of the Moyes/Martinez squad, you've very much been left with a clean slate. Can you build from the ground up and take Everton back to something like the success David Moyes brought to the club? Or has the damage already been done? I wish you luck!

Only just spotted this now - sounds like the best one yet! Downloading as we speak.

I have seen Man UTD fallen from the top of the league under Ferguson, to falling to the Championship and then spending next season in a championship relegation battle with Bob Bradley at the helm of the once mighty Red Devils. Sorry no save game this was back in FM2008, just thought it was a cool story to watch em drop like a stone!

I have a save where Villa got relegated to the Championship. 2016 I think.

Plus Brechin, MVV & NEC have tycoons.

I am currently in 2021 and Aston Villa are in the championship. Currently sitting 10th after 28 games. Season before they finished 21st 1 point away from relegation.

Other notable Championship teams include:

- Norwich

- Swansea

- West Brom

- Sunderland

Notable League 1 Teams:

- QPR

- Middlesborough (currently in a relegation fight)

- Leicester (Also in the relegation zone)

Another team worth mentioning is Bolton, who currently sit in 23rd place in the Skrill Premier.

A tycoon who some of you may know (Nicola Cortese) has just taken over my club, Stockport County. We are currently in the English Premier League and sitting in 4th place in our 1st season up.

If anyone would like to try out this save, happy to upload it somewhere.

• 4 weeks later...

In 2020, i 'm managing Swansea in the Prems, and Arsenal should be down by the end of the season, currently 18th with 7 points to reach the 17h slot, if some of you are interested, i will post the save

http://sortitoutsi.net/timemachine/view/10942/england-time-machine

Great link with a save that you can join in either may or january of any year between 2014-2030. I downloaded it and I'll name the things I remember.

Bayern won Bundesliga 17 years in a row. Dortmund 2nd all years.

Madrid won La Liga 16 years in a row. Barcelona 2nd all years but one where they won it.

Man City won the Premier League 14 times out of 17. Spurs 2, Chelsea 1x.

PSG won Ligue 1 17 years in a row.

Real Madrid won CL 5 times, Man City won it 3-4 times, Spurs one time, Chelsea one time and PSG like 2 times.

A few youngsters from 2014 are still playing. Timo Werner has been at Real for about 15 years and has amazing stats for example.

England won the World Cup in 2026 and when I holidayed over the summer of 2030 they won it again. They have a really strong team.

Liverpool finished 17th in the league and are slowly going out of business. High wages, low wage budget and 730k transfer budget with around 5 players in the u21 squad and a thin first team squad.

I saw Stoke, Sunderland, Bolton, Norwich and Swansea in the lower divisions in England. Can't recall specific divisions but it was as low as League 2. Brentford is a CL club in the BPL along with 2-3 other challenging former League 1 teams.

Tottenham are worth most in the world and still have Tim Sherwood at charge.

It's a fun save for those who want to start in any year from 2014-2030.

• 2 weeks later...

2021/22 season.

English, Italian, Spanish, Scottish & Dutch leagues.

Current day in save is 26/12/21.

Tycoons in this game:

NEC (in Eredivisie)

MVV (in Eredivisie)

Berwick (in SPL)

Yeovil (in L2)

Hartlepool (in Premier League)

Sanse (in 2nd tier)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for uploading this!

I've given it a shot and managed to win the Championship in my first season and get them back into the Premier League. Now sitting 11th in February so looks like I'll be staying up barring an almighty collapse.

• 3 months later...
Thanks for uploading this!

I've given it a shot and managed to win the Championship in my first season and get them back into the Premier League. Now sitting 11th in February so looks like I'll be staying up barring an almighty collapse.

Good effort. Who'd you bring in first season? Not actually given it a go myself, but going to finally make use of the save and try and bring the mighty Toffees back to the Premier League. Just annoying that Barkley, Baines, Coleman and Jagielka are gone!

Archived