Match Engine bug? (Strikes unable to finish)

Been having this for the past 7 to 8 saves with my Liverpool team. Put out well thought out tactics, and my best team, yet my team lose 2-0 to Crystal Palace and they two shots they had on goal they scored. I had 10-15 highlights, didn't score once.

- Liverpool being underrated. Apparently not being able to be the simplest of teams

- Strikers miss all the time. Opponents AI score nearly every shot.

This is getting ridiculous. Everytime i try to manage Liverpool it's the same thing. Unrealistic matches. Sturridge and Suarez unable to finish, yet they're considered to be the best 'partnership' in the BPL right now.

I've tried every single tactic out there. Downloaded multiple. Thought out ones, which i know work.

Not enjoying the purchase so far.

DrunkenComet i know your pain buddie. Have the same issues since the new patch. you have 8, 9 chances of scoring but your strikers can not score, ore are hitting woodwork.

The AI has 1 or 2 good chances and always score. This frustrates me aswell.

Been having this for the past 7 to 8 saves with my Liverpool team. Put out well thought out tactics, and my best team, yet my team lose 2-0 to Crystal Palace and they two shots they had on goal they scored. I had 10-15 highlights, didn't score once.

- Liverpool being underrated. Apparently not being able to be the simplest of teams

- Strikers miss all the time. Opponents AI score nearly every shot.

This is getting ridiculous. Everytime i try to manage Liverpool it's the same thing. Unrealistic matches. Sturridge and Suarez unable to finish, yet they're considered to be the best 'partnership' in the BPL right now.

I've tried every single tactic out there. Downloaded multiple. Thought out ones, which i know work.

Not enjoying the purchase so far.

Maybe you should explain these well thought out tactics. How do you know they work, if they aren't working??

Is this just one match? It could just be "one of those matches". It happens IRL. If it happens every match, then you need to look into why it's happening. Sometimes you can be too attacking, have lots of possession and shots but not score because you aren't creating proper goalscoring chances. Whilst you are being so attack, you leave gaps for weaker opponents to exploit on the counter, where they can create one or two very good scoring chances.

I've tried every single tactic out there.

Why? A couple of tactics would work well for Liverpool at that level, there is absolutely no need to 'try them all'. It's how you implement a tactic to work through the use of team and player instructions and player roles that's the key to any successful tactic.

Except I'd be willing to bet a mortgage that you haven't "tried every single tactic out there". Otherwise you'd have had success with at least one of them.

Not necessarily. If you set the team up unbalanced, it won't matter what tactic you use, you'll be exposed in this version of the game. In previous versions it was more forgiving if you had all your forward players on attack duty, but this year the AI copes with that better. You have to be more sensible about it now, and it's much the better game for it IMO.

You should also post up your transfers in and out for those seasons mack. Surprised you got Fierro to sign for you, as he usually goes to one of the European teams unless you offer him silly money, which Sunderland don't have. You only get a couple of million in the first season, so that's impressive finishing 7th, I'd be interested to see who you brought in. I started a Sunderland save ages ago, and barely escaped relegation in the first season. Haven't gone back to it since, mind.

Yep. In the early seasons the AI are pretty easy to beat. It's also pretty easy to get your strikers to score, provided you pay attention to their PPMs and their strengths/weaknesses and ensure your supply actually matches that. No good getting a forward in on goal right through the middle all the time if he has "shoots with power", for example; likewise, a player with "places shots" will struggle to score from wider angles. A player with "likes to round 'keeper" will do better with one-on-ones, and you want a guy who is great with lobs to deal out a punishing finish to lightning-quick breakaways.

However, I'm finding a real difficulty curve as the years go by; either my team are becoming massively complacent or the AI is adapting. And if I'm not mistaken, I'm seeing more possession-based approaches in the EPL (now in 2017-18). Which is weird. Because all they do against me is kick my star striker in the nuts whenever possible.

Transfer screen normally shows the upfront fee plus the total of any fee agreed in instalments, but not the future fee based on achievements as they're not guaranteed, so you must've only paid 3.5mill for him. That's impressive. I can't get him for that in the first season, never mind the third!

i have the same problem, i brought luis muriel from udinese for 15 milion euros, he scored 5 goals in 15 matches. and he has finishing 17, dribbling 17, composure 15, off the ball 14, acceleration 16 and he shoots all the time on the goalkeeper or hits the woodwork. the same thing with jordan rhodes, scored 3 goals so far. and the problem is global,strikers do not score so many goals, luis suarez scored in one season 4 goals for liverpool in the league matches! ronaldo and messi didnt score more than 15 goals on the league. the same problem with van persie, cavani, and blablabla.. only lewadovski scores normal amount of goals playing for manchester city.. it's a crap and very annoying.

i think some bugs work on some cases and some do not. for example there is a thread here complaining for many red cards on the begin of the match and moderators say it's a known bug, and a friend of mine has that problem, but i do not. so i dont think i can make my strikers scoring a lot because all strikers on my game do not score a lot. of course even now i can find some players scoring lots of goals,katlego mphela 21 goals in 22 matches, plays at south africa, and many others. but this doesn't mean that there is no scoring problem on general basis. how is possible luis suarez, rooney, van persie do not score more than 10 league goals?

It depends on the tactical setup of the AI team managers as well. Some AI coaches you will find to have teams where the goals are more evenly split.

On the other hand, in my 2018-2019 season, Mourinho just somehow got Lukaku to score 46 goals in a season with Chelsea. (3 against me!).

Had an awesome run of form from my strike pairing of Hoesen and Wickham at Wolves earlier this evening.

If you have good enough players in a tactic they're suited to and used to, it'll work. Messing around and trying every tactic under the sun to get results ain't gonna work- the players need to adjust to i.

Patch is whatever the most recent is- Steam auto-updates for me.

there's a problem for some people and not for others. I've been dominating games like it's United vs. Dartford but pulling my hair out because the strikers can't beat the keeper even thought they're amongst the best in the league. I'm on a save with Watford and statistics are unbelievable. I'm playing the same way i did FM13 where i had great success as i have on all previous games, all of which took time to get used to but this genuinely seems like an ME problem. I have the update that supposedly fixed the long shots from midfielders and amount of blocks, woodwork hits and scrambles but nothing seems to work. the team have 100% with the formation but just can't seem to score. i know games need to evolve but (to me) this seems like a totally different game that has no relationship with previous versions. A shame but i'm not enjoying this game one bit...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived