Football Manager Handheld 2014 Official Feedback Thread

Hello guys, you've made a wonderful job! You've added an extra football atmosphere to the game that was missing in previous editions. It really feels like being more involved and that's what a great game should be. Congrats to all the team of developers! Great feature My CLub but is there any way to add a real club logo to My Team? This game would be almost perfect with a database editor for clubs and nations in order to edit leagues and replace them with fictional ones (like MLS for example) but I guess I'm asking too much at the moment. I still wish highlights to be more......extended so as to last few more minutes per game but it's a detail I can live without. Great job you guys!

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
real club logo to My Team

Yes its a little 'cryptic' - but you can add them by putting the logo in the root directory on iOS with the name club_23071971.png and you should find its loaded into the game automatically.

(apologies for the apparently random number - its actually my date of birth ;) )

PS - I'll try and think up a system for adding player pictures to MyClub players if you think that'd be useful?

where is the love for the amazon store ...:thdn:.... gutted its not able to be played on the kindle fire like '13 is !

i'd LOVE to have fmh14 available for kindle fire too!! i'm anxiously awaiting any news regarding this.

if it's decided that it won't be released on amazon, would it be possible to sideload it from google play??

• SI Staff
hmmm...i like the new design/interface of this games but just like FMH13' date=' there still a missing player on some club....[/quote']

Any specific examples of players you think should definitely be present? Cheers.

• SI Staff
1.Andros Townsend' date=' Danny Rose (Spurs)

2.Iago Aspas (Liverpool)

3.Frederico Macheda, Micheal Keane, Jesse Lingard, Alexander Buttner (Manchester United)

and much-much more.........[/quote']

Which leagues do you have active? - I've just skimmed quickly on an English league only game and all these appear present and correct (if England isn't active then obviously the full squads are less likely to be present in an English club).

Which leagues do you have active? - I've just skimmed quickly on an English league only game and all these appear present and correct (if England isn't active then obviously the full squads are less likely to be present in an English club).

I'm playing Dortmund right now....if playing in different leagues is causing this missing player then tell me how to get those missing player if i'm interested on buying/loan them?

• SI Staff
I'm playing Dortmund right now....if playing in different leagues is causing this missing player then tell me how to get those missing player if i'm interested on buying/loan them?

When you start the game you can select which leagues are active within it - the game will naturally cater the database loaded to center more on active leagues than inactive ones generally.

(obviously if you've turned on 'large database' in preferences then that will also give you more players available within your game)

When you start the game you can select which leagues are active within it - the game will naturally cater the database loaded to center more on active leagues than inactive ones generally.

(obviously if you've turned on 'large database' in preferences then that will also give you more players available within your game)

Hmmmm...okay here is the problem with the games....not all devices support multiple leagues selection...those devices that has the ability to choose multiple leagues has the option to select "large database"...those devices that doesn't have it, have to play one leagues only, can't select database even if there already downloaded "large database"....

now my devices doesn't support multiple leagues selection and doesn't have a choice to turn on/off large database...doesn't is consider a rip off since the games i bought is the same price but got less option/features than those high end devices that got full features of the games??? same price but has different features....

• SI Staff
Hmmmm...okay here is the problem with the games....not all devices support multiple leagues selection...those devices that has the ability to choose multiple leagues has the option to select "large database"...those devices that doesn't have it' date=' have to play one leagues only, can't select database even if there already downloaded "large database"....

now my devices doesn't support multiple leagues selection and doesn't have a choice to turn on/off large database...doesn't is consider a rip off since the games i bought is the same price but got less option/features than those high end devices that got full features of the games??? same price but has different features....[/quote']

I would view the multileague/large DB as more of a bonus feature to be enjoyed by those with more powerful devices. Take for example the PC game, if someone has a computer that's not powerful enough to run the 3D match viewer, it's still the same game with the same features. Simply the hardware isn't capable of using the game's features.

I would view the multileague/large DB as more of a bonus feature to be enjoyed by those with more powerful devices. Take for example the PC game, if someone has a computer that's not powerful enough to run the 3D match viewer, it's still the same game with the same features. Simply the hardware isn't capable of using the game's features.

well...you might see it as a bonus features for powerful devices but for a user, we don't see like that...if you talk about graphic then yes i can accept that but this is about features of the games, bonus to those having powerful devices and no bonus for those have decent devices but have to pay the same amount the buy and play the games, that is what i called a rip off....

no offence, but after this you guys will going to get a lot of unsatisfied customers just because of this...

• SI Staff
well...you might see it as a bonus features for powerful devices but for a user' date=' we don't see like that...if you talk about graphic then yes i can accept that but this is about features of the games, bonus to those having powerful devices and no bonus for those have decent devices but have to pay the same amount the buy and play the games, that is what i called a rip off....

no offence, but after this you guys will going to get a lot of unsatisfied customers just because of this...[/quote']

I'm sorry that you feel this way but it is exactly the same as the example of graphics - it's a technical limitation like any other. The game you have installed contains exactly the same features, it's simply that your device does not have the power to use them. We could have made it so that only devices capable of running multiple leagues would be able to purchase the game at all, but that would have led to a far greater level of dissatisfaction among our userbase.

• SI Staff

By the way - not sure if this was officially announced anywhere but it's now possible to share saves between iOS and Android devices. Obviously you have to transfer it via a computer but it's a nice little extra :)

Hello, I have to say I really like this game and I appreciate all the effort you guys have put to make the game. :applause::applause: It's one of the few games I play in my cellphone and it's so fun for short and long bursts.

But I have made an account to point out 3 major faults in comparison with the previous year (maybe more my annoyances, that are easily fixable)

1. Where is the "Formation" view? In Select View in the squad option there is only "Overview" and "Detailed". It was by far the best option to organize your players .

Yes I can probably go to "Tactics" and do my team there but the thing is that when someone wants to organize by "Value" or "Condition" it doesn't show by Descending order, which is very helpful.

2. Club makes me offer the money they want or they offer for less money to another club. If I offer money for a player and another club is interested we start in a bidding war. That's good, except when the club of the player demands that I pay the value of the money they want, I cannot even offer less money but still higher than the other club. If I don't accept they sell the player to the other interested club for much less money. It just doesn't make sense.

3. Match Interface. I like the interface. I was much more used to the classic interface but I guess it's a matter of habit because I'm sure I'll like this one with time.

But there lies the biggest flaw and my enormous annoyance with this game that is much more noticeable during matches:

fi47bAF.png

Iphone games should be played with the thumbs like in this picture.

iPhone-Game.jpg

It just doesn't make sense why the interface is like that. It's just so confusing and not the simplistic but clean and efficient design that you were looking.

The previous year game nailed perfectly this, it was really fast to play. What is the reason of this choice for this year?

Thank you for listening.

• SI Staff
Hello, I have to say I really like this game and I appreciate all the effort you guys have put to make the game. :applause::applause: It's one of the few games I play in my cellphone and it's so fun for short and long bursts.

But I have made an account to point out 3 major faults in comparison with the previous year (maybe more my annoyances, that are easily fixable)

Hi - and many thanks for the extremely detailed feedback! I'll reply to each of your points separately below.

1. Where is the "Formation" view? In Select View in the squad option there is only "Overview" and "Detailed". It was by far the best option to organize your players .

Yes I can probably go to "Tactics" and do my team there but the thing is that when someone wants to organize by "Value" or "Condition" it doesn't show by Descending order, which is very helpful.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when you spend more time with this. The Tactics Screen is now a single swipe away from the Squad Screen (quicker than the two taps previously required to change view) and it contains all of the old view and sort functionality that was present in the Formation view of the Squad screen. It's possible to sort by any of the views by simply tapping on the column header. Basically what we've done is merged the two screens together and we've pretty much retained all of the functionality from both. Have a bit more of a play with it with this in mind and let me know what you think?

2. Club makes me offer the money they want or they offer for less money to another club. If I offer money for a player and another club is interested we start in a bidding war. That's good, except when the club of the player demands that I pay the value of the money they want, I cannot even offer less money but still higher than the other club. If I don't accept they sell the player to the other interested club for much less money. It just doesn't make sense.

This shouldn't happen, if a club is demanding a specific amount in an auction and none of the involved clubs are willing to pay it, he shouldn't be leaving for less right at that point in time. If you have a save that shows an example of this we'd be very happy to look into it and hopefully address it. What would be even more helpful is if you have a save that this can be reproduced from.

Apologies that you've experienced this issue.

3. Match Interface. I like the interface. I was much more used to the classic interface but I guess it's a matter of habit because I'm sure I'll like this one with time.

But there lies the biggest flaw and my enormous annoyance with this game that is much more noticeable during matches:

<snip picture for space>

<snip picture for space>

It just doesn't make sense why the interface is like that. It's just so confusing and not the simplistic but clean and efficient design that you were looking.

The previous year game nailed perfectly this, it was really fast to play. What is the reason of this choice for this year?

Thank you for listening.

We understand that this will probably be controversial as everyone holds their phone differently and different control layouts suit different grips better than others. What we've found though while planning and testing the new UI is that most users tend to hold devices - especially phones - rather higher up than in the picture you've posted (though of course this does vary depending on person). We realise that the change will make things more difficult for some users, but we believe based on the tests that we've done that this will be more ergonomic for the majority. Having said this, the game being out in the real world is the only true test of this and we will continually monitor the feedback that we get to see how people are finding it (although, the people who are really happy with the control changes probably won't start an account on our forums specifically to praise them).

We really do appreciate this feedback and the time that you've taken to post in so much detail and we'll certainly take it into account. What we'd really love to hear as well is how you find the new UI after a few weeks of adapting to it (personally I find it really difficult to play FMH2013 any more now).

Thanks once again and I hope this reply helps!

Thank you for listening to my suggestions.

I understand your point with the button placement, but the "Continue" button is used so many times that it should be easily reachable and fast to do. Maybe with the Ipad is different, I haven't tested. But for people who are addicted, like me, it is almost a must to be able to continue fast. Thank you for keeping that in mind for the future.

The default to tactics could help but Im beggining to get used to how it is now. With the formation view it was much more easy to rotate the team since everything was in descending order, I could just drag the players. But in "Overview" it is almost as good since when you press a player it pops up a window where I want him, which is a nice addition that I overlooked, and I can always swipe between screens. So it's more a question of getting used to it.

If anything else comes up, I'll be sure to annoy you ( :p ).

Keep up the good work.

P.S: I'll be sure to give more light to the transfer issue if it happens again.

I just did a quick new save as Arsenal Manager named "Football Manager" starting on July 13th. Ok so here's 2 transfers problems you should look into:

1. Club makes me offer the money they want or they sell for less money to another club

I make an offer of 18.5M for Arturo Vidal. They evaluate the player as 29M.

U0scf6i.png

I can't even offer 28.5M, the accept button is grey. They only accept 29M so I cancel.

4yMyA4E.png

Even with the deal off I try to offer 25.5M for Arturo Vidal again. Juventus has an evaluation of 27.5M. So i refuse.

Ba4qE5V.png

3 days later... they sell for 18.5M...

1Prel0n.png

P.S: I cannot even press "continue" with the offer, I really have to accept their demands or cancel my bid.

2. Bidding war is infinite. I tried to bid for Zenit's superstar duo Hulk and Witsel. Even with my bid being the highest it goes on forever waiting for other clubs to revise their offer.

http://imgur.com/a/U7yKJ

In this album you can see the bidding war goes on starting on 13th of July, 24th of July, 10th of August, 20th of August and the season finishes without anybody buying the players.

I hope you look into these issues, if you need my save I can upload it tomorrow but it's a fresh save I made a few minutes ago so this issue must be with the game.

Thank you.

Sadly I have to say that the user interface for FMH for iOS is subpar in many ways. The only way this makes sense is if the same UI is used for other handheld platforms also (I have no idea if this is the case).

Nevertheless, I'm still happy to finally have it and be playing. :)

Hopefully next year you'll have the resources to make dedicated UIs for each platform.

• SI Staff

Thanks for those vegasx. :thup: Believe the second of these issues may be already in the iPhone bug forum. The first one is a bit strange as if nobody was willing to pay that £27.5m then the auction should have collapsed. It may be worth copying and pasting that information into a post in the bugs forum, just in case it gets lost in the shuffle of this feedback thread.

Sadly I have to say that the user interface for FMH for iOS is subpar in many ways. The only way this makes sense is if the same UI is used for other handheld platforms also (I have no idea if this is the case).

Nevertheless, I'm still happy to finally have it and be playing. :)

Hopefully next year you'll have the resources to make dedicated UIs for each platform.

Which device/skin are you playing the game on? Any particular area that you feel really lets the UI down?

Which device/skin are you playing the game on? Any particular area that you feel really lets the UI down?

iPad mini mainly. I also have an iPhone 5, but haven't played on it that much.

Some issues:

- Button placements and icons (For example the button, which brings up the menu from right, jumps around. When in a match it even moves away from the indicator that shows the number of "pages" to the opposite corner and changes the icon.)

- Player/team names on news not clickable links (the News Links button is just weird for iOS)

- Responsiveness to swiping

- General "feeling" that the UI wasn't made for touch screen in mind

Another thing:

I'd like to have an option for replays of goals/highlights.

Great game guys!!!!! I love new features and ui. If it wants to became a woderful game you have add one complete 2D game. I think that ipad version can support it.

Another feedback is for tactics's part. please add style ( e.g. Wing style or center attack) and man marking.

• SI Staff
iPad mini mainly. I also have an iPhone 5, but haven't played on it that much.

Some issues:

- Button placements and icons (For example the button, which brings up the menu from right, jumps around. When in a match it even moves away from the indicator that shows the number of "pages" to the opposite corner and changes the icon.)

- Player/team names on news not clickable links (the News Links button is just weird for iOS)

- Responsiveness to swiping

- General "feeling" that the UI wasn't made for touch screen in mind

1) This one's a fair point and probably something we discussed at some length during development. The difficulty is that the match layout is different, and it doesn't make a lot of sense to put it in one of the team title bars. So we had to move it off of the main title bars and to the side. In fact, I think on lower resolutions this may even be in the bottom right.

2) Yep, this is one we've been sort've evaluating for a while. The main reason against it is that on the smaller skins especially, we believed it would be tough to select individual elements in a news item easily and accurately. As resolutions get bigger mind you, this may become less of an issue.

3) I think general swiping responsiveness was tweaked slightly in this iteration as it became possible to swipe from the Tactics page, we needed to make sure that dragging a player position wasn't misintepreted as a "swipe" to another screen.

We appreciate it's a widescale change to the interface this year, so we do urge people do give it some time to really get a feel for it.

Cheers for the detailed feedback. Please keep it coming (good and bad)! :)

• SI Staff
Hi, why can't we play, for example, with England as the main country and only top division from Brazil or Australia?

This is to do with the teams being on different continents and the distribution of players required to run the various continental competitions and suchlike unfortunately.

First of all brilliant game love the new UI even tho i need to get used to it i keep pressing the bottom but for continue lol...

But i just wanted to post about the bidding war thing i also get it a aswell and im an android user i can never offer lower when they declare how much they want.

Another minor point, im using xperia miro mid-range phone, i don't get multi leagues, large DB and the widgets(thats what i call them) on the homepage, im guessing this is down to my phone being mid-range.

And one bug i have found i might actually be wrong tho, a guy called joel for arsenal got sent off then a few seconds later he scores but its disallowed, now i didn't actually see it but in the whitebox it says 45 minute red card then below it goal offside which more or less means he got sent off then he got a goal chopped off...

Despite this its a brilliant game...

fi47bAF.png

iPhone-Game.jpg

Thank you for listening.

Totally agree with this. I hope you don't mind me using this PIC in another thread.

This is to do with the teams being on different continents and the distribution of players required to run the various continental competitions and suchlike unfortunately.

Marc, I didn't understand. What's the difference of having England all divisions and Brazilian 1st division instead Brazilian all divisions and English Premier?

Two stupid questions:

1. Will I be able to download the game onto my new Galaxy S4 mini?

2. Will I be able to download the game in Germany (can't find it in the play store)? If not, please feel free to PM me in case you have any ideas about how I could manage...

Hi guys, congratulations on a succesful release. :)

I really love the new layout. I was lost at first, but now I'm used to it, it's much easier.

I love the match reports and the fact that you can see it for all games this season, not just the last game.

Simple suggestions (that I think could be implemented in an update), by the way I'm playing on a Sony Xperia Table Z:

1. It would be great if, on the home screen, you could scroll up and down the "Fixtures & Results" and League Table windows.

2. On the Tactics screen mid-game, the right-hand-side of the screen jumps down to the bottom of your bench whenever you move a player. This is a little annoying and doesn't happen on the Tactics screen pre-game.

3. When a player is moved, their "role" is changed to some default, i.e. Complete Forward. It would be great if they kept their role when you moved them (assuming it's the same "position", i.e. moved from right-centre forward to centre-centre forward), or if it changed to their preferred role by default.

4. From the News screen, I think some news items should have additional "News Links" at the bottom, particularly when managers are being discussed for a vacancy. I think at the moment the only way to see a manager's profile is to go to his club info screen and click on his name (or from the Hall of Fame, if the manager is famous enough to be on there). This means it isn't possible to see a manager's profile if he is unemployed. This means that you cannot compare yourself to other manager's who are being considered for a position you might like to apply for.

5. Player Interaction is always on "Public" and "Positive" by default. It would be really nice if the game remembered what you did with this player last time and it stayed on whatever you last chose. This is because I almost always interact with the same player in the same way (public or private) and I don't like to be positive all the time or negative all the time, so it would be great if the game remembered for you how you last treated each player.

6. When you are viewing a player profile, either as part of a squad or as part of a search, it would be great if you could swipe up or down to go to the next or previous player, instead of "back" and "tap" on the next player. One action instead of two.

I might post more suggestions as I think of them. But GREAT JOB to the developers. This game is a huge improvement to an already brilliant game.

• SI Staff
Two stupid questions:

1. Will I be able to download the game onto my new Galaxy S4 mini?

2. Will I be able to download the game in Germany (can't find it in the play store)? If not, please feel free to PM me in case you have any ideas about how I could manage...

You should be fine with the S4 mini. Unfortunately however we're not able to sell the game in Germany.

• SI Staff

2. Bidding war is infinite. I tried to bid for Zenit's superstar duo Hulk and Witsel. Even with my bid being the highest it goes on forever waiting for other clubs to revise their offer.

In this album you can see the bidding war goes on starting on 13th of July, 24th of July, 10th of August, 20th of August and the season finishes without anybody buying the players.

I hope you look into these issues, if you need my save I can upload it tomorrow but it's a fresh save I made a few minutes ago so this issue must be with the game.

Thank you.

With this one, is it the same bidding war that's been going on the whole time? If you have a save that shows this it would be extremely useful - thanks!

Firstly, is the role displayed on the attribute screen the 'preferred' role of the player or the 'recommended' one?

Secondly, is there any chance of simplifying the comparison screen? A scout recommended Zaha and compared him to Oxlade Chamberlain, I was then presented with a long list of paired attribute bars with for the players. Surely it would simpler to just present the standard attribute table but display the differences? The colours used in the existing screen would highlight which player has the positive difference. It would also appear on one screen and I would not have to scroll down on my iPhone.

• SI Staff
Firstly, is the role displayed on the attribute screen the 'preferred' role of the player or the 'recommended' one?

Secondly, is there any chance of simplifying the comparison screen? A scout recommended Zaha and compared him to Oxlade Chamberlain, I was then presented with a long list of paired attribute bars with for the players. Surely it would simpler to just present the standard attribute table but display the differences? The colours used in the existing screen would highlight which player has the positive difference. It would also appear on one screen and I would not have to scroll down on my iPhone.

It's the preferred role that is shown.

I quite like the attribute idea, will have a chat about it with the rest of the team.

Hello guys, besides the fact that this the greatest game on IOS, I was thinking at a feature that was on CM since the early days: the possibility to watch/view a game of other teams playing when My Team is not playing and that was cool for scouting teams before....say... a European cup match or something like this.

Is there a possibility that this feature will be added with a patch or is it something that totally changes the structure the game has been built on? I loved that feature!

One thing that I do not completely understand is why I can choose Australia as primary league (there are no second divisions there) and 3 other 1st division european leagues but not...say... England as primary and Australia as second, Scotland and Wales as third and fourth. The Continental competitions would be the same ( and I understand that this is the issue related to database and such). Is it something that could be addressed or there are specific issues that prevent to play this way?

It could be possibile to limit the game based on the number of divisions playable (say 4,5 or 6) instead of number countries? Thanks, congrats again for giving us a great game!

• SI Staff

Have you tried changing the view to Detailed on the Player Comparison screen (tap the View button at the bottom of the page)? You'll still have to scroll down but you may prefer that view if you haven't yet seen it as it indicates which is the better player in each attribute a bit more clearly. Good suggestion though.

Marc, I didn't understand. What's the difference of having England all divisions and Brazilian 1st division instead Brazilian all divisions and English Premier?

The database, although larger than its ever been before, is still only big enough to adequately support more than one continent if we limit the playable leagues to top division only.

Brazil all divisions plus England top division is only 2 leagues, so we have room to fill out both continents with enough players.

England all divisions plus Brazil top division is 8 leagues. In our tests the squads ending up being spread too thin because the database is trying to support lower level football in England and top level football across two continents.

Similarly the A-League is only one division, so we have the same setup there too.

• SI Staff
I have a player out for 10 days with a broken toe.

Seems a bit unlikely.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/418083-how-soon-can-you-play-soccer-after-breaking-a-toe/

Broken toes are common injuries for soccer players, who consistently put excessive strain on their feet. Although fractured toes usually heal well, they must be treated properly. If done so, soccer players can usually return to play within two to six weeks.

The duration in the game is somewhat variable - which simulates the nature of the break itself (i.e. how serious is it).

I was one of the first to download, just a few minutes after midnight. Still had just 1+ downloads showing in Play Store. I've had a little while to get used to the interface so thought I'd give a little feedback.

1. My initial reaction was a little shock at losing the old CM feel to the game. While I understand things move on and progress, it was still a bit of a shock. The interface felt a little less user friendly to begin with, but it's grown on me. However, there are a few things I'm struggling to get used to:-

2. The confirm / continue button is right at the top and a struggle to reach on large devices. I use a note 3 and a note 8 and find it a bit of a stretch to reach. The same applies to the back button being at the top left.

3. When in preferences, the back button takes you back to the game interface. In 2013, the back button took you back to the previous preferences screen then back to the game interface when at the first preferences screen (there was also a forward button which made it a lot easier to flip back and forth between preferences screens). This makes it more awkward to reapply the sugar daddy unlock several times in a row, for example, as you need to go back into preferences each time.

4. This also applies to 2013 and was billed as being more realistic in 2014 - it seems FAR too easy to sign top players to teams in low divisions. Albeit using the sugar day unlock which provided the money, I was able to sign Lionel Messi and several other top players to Newport County who are in League 2. This would never happen in real life, even if Newport County suddenly had unlimited resource! Not that I'm moaning (I was quite glad to land the players!), but it does add an element of unrealism to the game.

Even with these minor points, you guys have managed to improve upon a fantastic game yet again, it's the only game I have ever (and probably will ever) play on Android. Thank you.

Scout reports seem to be very strict. I'm managing Atletico and players who get 4 stars ability are only "decent".

It's been said before that FMH scouts have always been too fond of the term 'decent' no matter whether a player is a journeyman in his division or very good.

As for the interface, I think many of us said that the old CM/PSP interface was past its sell-by date and something more 21st century was needed. I'm glad to see the change.

I just bought the Android game .. the main miss in this version is that the formation view is not available in the first team screen.

other things I found annoying the misplacement of certain buttons but I think I can get used to it after few weeks of playing.

FMH13 looks more user-friendly to me and FMH14 is looking more similar to CM14 which is not a good thing.

Thanks.

one more thing and I think thats possible .. can you guys add the FMH13 layout as an option on the user interface .. to get the game onto more user-friendly look.

I'm seriously considering downloading FMH13 before taking it off the play store because of this!

Archived