Impossible to sign good players

Can't even get bids accepted, far too hard to buy good players in this game and in my opinion its a bit unrealistic that they reject such high offers.

Start of my third season:

£80m for Kagawa rejected

£150m for Ozil rejected

£80m and £40m over 48months for Pique rejected

£120m for Balotelli rejected

These are all crazy offers, whether they want to join me or not they are surely very acceptable bids.

yeah it is crazy, but i found a way, what you do is declare interest wait 5 days or so bid at the price the value it will get rejected at first then declare interest again once you done this do suggested terms and mmost you pay for ozil be like 50-60m tops

I'll try that as I am trying to get a world class DC for the 3rd season

Can't even get bids accepted, far too hard to buy good players in this game and in my opinion its a bit unrealistic that they reject such high offers.

Start of my third season:

£80m for Kagawa rejected

£150m for Ozil rejected

£80m and £40m over 48months for Pique rejected

£120m for Balotelli rejected

These are all crazy offers, whether they want to join me or not they are surely very acceptable bids.

and who are you?

Were they your first offers?

Are those players happy at their clubs?

Why should they move to your club?

Did you try to unsettle them first or sound them out?

Did your scout say they were a realistic transfer target?

and who are you?

are you trying to imply that the response to these offers by their clubs would depend on these criteria? it should be a question of whether Milan would be better off by keeping Balotelli or getting £120m cash. we all know that ai is set to reject player team's offers for its good players as much as possible to the extend of absurdity for the sake of forcing an artificial "difficulty to acquire good players".

and who are you?

In the player search they are realistic targets and im spurs with worldwide reputation.

I'd say most of the points above are redundant as these bids should be accepted regardless of your points, whether the player is interested is another matter.

are you trying to imply that the response to these offers by their clubs would depend on these criteria? it should be a question of whether Milan would be better off by keeping Balotelli or getting £120m cash. we all know that ai is set to reject player team's offers for its good players as much as possible to the extend of absurdity for the sake of forcing an artificial "difficulty to acquire good players".

The transfer would depend on a number of factors.

The user entering extremes into an offer without following a logical pattern that FM can understand will always produce extreme results.

Even Real Madrid never made an initial £80m+ offer for Bale or Ronaldo, there were a number of steps taken and I imagine several offers made behind the scenes with negotiation dragged out over several months or even years in Ronaldo's case before the transfer was finalised.

In the player search they are realistic targets and im spurs with worldwide reputation.

I'd say most of the points above are redundant as these bids should be accepted regardless of your points, whether the player is interested is another matter.

No they shouldn't.

You haven't followed the basics of buying/selling/negotiating so its no surprise you have got an extreme reaction.

The point is they won't negotiate even when I offer this ludicrous amount.

Why should they when you stumble through the door and wave £100m+ in their face like a madman?

They think you are crazy and treat you as such as you haven't given a reason to sell the player. You need to sound them out, make a realistic offer, talk to the press, unsettle the player and then they might negotiate with you but tbh your targets are at the extremes of being realistic, especially if the player is happy.

Why should they when you stumble through the door and wave £100m+ in their face like a madman?

They think you are crazy and treat you as such as you haven't given a reason to sell the player. You need to sound them out, make a realistic offer, talk to the press, unsettle the player and then they might negotiate with you but tbh your targets are at the extremes of being realistic, especially if the player is happy.

If they are unrealistic then why display them in my player search? So every manager in the world attempt to unsettle players before making a bid, I don't think so!

Also if a megabucks offer is made why wouldnt they accept it even if they wanted to keep the player? They would at least negotiate

If its not possible to sign decent players when your a massive club then theres no point in playing the game, this on top of all the other issue at the moment is really starting to put me off it and I don't wan't to say that because it has so much potential to be the best FM yet.

If they are unrealistic then why display them in my player search? So every manager in the world attempt to unsettle players before making a bid, I don't think so!

Also if a megabucks offer is made why wouldnt they accept it even if they wanted to keep the player? They would at least negotiate

Do they need the money? Is the player happy? Is his contract running down?

If the answer is no then why should they sell a player they consider to be important to the club.

Lets look at the clubs involved:

Man Utd/Arsenal - Reputation similar, good finances, league rivals and you are unlikely to be able to offer anything that the player isn't getting at their current club. So unless they reach a point where they don't want to keep the player its unlikely they'll sell him.

Barcelona - Reputation similar, league reputation slightly behind England, not desperate for money so again you can't offer the player anything he isn't already getting + you are trying to sign a Spanish player from his home country. So again you need to give them a reason to sell.

Milan - Club/League reputation slightly behind, do they need the money? maybe and again you are trying to sign an Italian from his home country. This is probably the most realistic of the four but you still need to give them a nudge as they don't want to lose their star player.

Aside from identifying realistic transfer targets you also need to change your approach, starting with £100m+ is not the way to go. You should be starting with an enquiry or maybe a bid slightly lower than the player value. If rejected you then up the offer and talk to the media until you get them to negotiate.

Do they need the money? Is the player happy? Is his contract running down?

If the answer is no then why should they sell a player they consider to be important to the club.

Lets look at the clubs involved:

Man Utd/Arsenal - Reputation similar, good finances, league rivals and you are unlikely to be able to offer anything that the player isn't getting at their current club. So unless they reach a point where they don't want to keep the player its unlikely they'll sell him.

Barcelona - Reputation similar, league reputation slightly behind England, not desperate for money so again you can't offer the player anything he isn't already getting + you are trying to sign a Spanish player from his home country. So again you need to give them a reason to sell.

Milan - Club/League reputation slightly behind, do they need the money? maybe and again you are trying to sign an Italian from his home country. This is probably the most realistic of the four but you still need to give them a nudge as they don't want to lose their star player.

Aside from identifying realistic transfer targets you also need to change your approach, starting with £100m+ is not the way to go. You should be starting with an enquiry or maybe a bid slightly lower than the player value. If rejected you then up the offer and talk to the media until you get them to negotiate.

I know a lot of people on the forums love to try to force an opinion on people but this won't stick! It has nothing to do with the player wanting to come or not.

Even if the club has good finances whats wrong with having better finances? They could then do all this rubbish you are talking about to sign 4 new world class players!

I know a lot of people on the forums love to try to force an opinion on people but this won't stick! It has nothing to do with the player wanting to come or not.

Even if the club has good finances whats wrong with having better finances? They could then do all this rubbish you are talking about to sign 4 new world class players!

Bids being accepted does have something to do with the player. As an example Man utd have rejected several bids out of hand for ryan giggs in the past as they knew that he had no intention of leaving the club so accepting a bid would be pointless as he'd just turn a move down.

As a few folk have mentioned transfers deals take time & require some forward planning, even more so at the top end of the market. The Bale transfer was probably being worked on for the best part of a season, Real spent a couple of seasons enticing Ronaldo to leave Man Utd & despite being on the shopping list of a number of clubs Hamsik is still at Napoli.

If this is the case to sign better players then I no longer have time to play this game. I'm not waiting seasons trying to make players unhappy on the off chance of maybe getting a bid accepted. Are you seriously telling me if all that money is offered they won't even negotiate?

Bids being accepted does have something to do with the player. As an example Man utd have rejected several bids out of hand for ryan giggs in the past as they knew that he had no intention of leaving the club so accepting a bid would be pointless as he'd just turn a move down.

Not in the examples I have given where they are interested as stated in my player search and scout reports.

Not in the examples I have given where they are interested as stated in my player search and scout reports.

Just making the point that bids being accepted does often have something to do with the player. Like others have stated high profile transfers are often worked on for months or years, this is how football works.

I would agree with you though that if you put in an £80 million bid for Kagawa now it would be accepted however you state you're in your third season so i don't know how his value has changed in that time?

No they shouldn't.

You haven't followed the basics of buying/selling/negotiating so its no surprise you have got an extreme reaction.

basic of selling lies in the answers to these two questions:

1-is the marginal benefit of 120m significantly more than the marginal benefit of keeping the player?

2-am i likely to get a better offer?

when it is 1-yes & 2-no; you sell.

do not try to make a blatant coding error more than it is. please, do yourself a favor and google "occam's razor" and read it for half an hour or so. it may do yourself (and a lot of users in the forum, in fact) a lot of favor (i dont mean to sound like a j-rk, english is not my native language, apologies if that is the case).

something wrong with this transfer system...in beta version, the bids is easily accepted with 30-50% more than value. it is also easy to sell unwanted players on same value. now, the full version, it is really hard to sell on same value. always got bid much below value, says 30-50% lower than value, even for 100+ million transfer budget like Paris Saint German. and buying players is ridiculously expensive. cortuis must pay around 55 million cash upfront and 15 based on performance, where the value is 10 million. i remember someone give input that transfer is too easy to happen. but now it is too hard to happen within sensible price.

It may be because I am Real Madrid but I find that spending time between transfer windows taking to the media about wanting to sign certain players and also making reasonable bids for them that are bound to be rejected seems to unsettle players. they then hand in a transfer request or reject contract offers which inturn forces the hand of the selling club.

For instance my director of football had a bid of £42.5m accepted for Lewandowski in my first transfer window, but I thought I can get him cheaper than that. I then spent the time until the January transfer window, lets say 'tapping' him up, but ran out of time. I eventually got him in the next summer transfer window for £25m, he has since scored 21 league goals in 22 games, well worth the wait.

I also did this for a 'wonderkid', Julian Brandt (£950k). Wolfsburg intailly wanted £5.25m for him, but I only had £1m left after buying a few players, so again spent time talking to the media and it worked, Wolfsburg transfer listed him and I got him for £295k, bargain.

In my opinion the transfer system is fine, it is more in line with the real world, which is the whole point of FM14, it's a football simulation, I would shudder to think that Real Madrid went in with a £100m bid on Thursday and Bale was playing for them on the Saturday. these things take time. Maybe a bit of patients would go a long way.

For instance my director of football had a bid of £42.5m accepted for Lewandowski in my first transfer window, but I thought I can get him cheaper than that. I then spent the time until the January transfer window, lets say 'tapping' him up, but ran out of time. I eventually got him in the next summer transfer window for £25m

If this is realistic then

I also did this for a 'wonderkid', Julian Brandt (£950k). Wolfsburg intailly wanted £5.25m for him, but I only had £1m left after buying a few players, so again spent time talking to the media and it worked, Wolfsburg transfer listed him and I got him for £295k, bargain.

this is probably unrealistic. Lets try to remember this is a game and waiting a couple of transfer windows or summers to get players is a waste of time when you have the resources and interest of the player.

Ah this one again, AI rejects £100M for a player they dont want to sell and its unrealistic, the AI ask for £100M when they dont want to sell and its unrealistic.

What do people actually want?

Well out of those options I'd have

the AI ask for £100M when they dont want to sell

But if you Have the resources and interest it does not mean that you are guaranteed to get what you want.

I think you are missing the point of the game, its meant to be as close to the real thing as possible and if that means waiting a season to get a star player then so be it.

If you don't want to wait then maybe you should play the slimmed down version, you can even get instant results so you can get through seasons in hours instead of days. Im sure it will let you get star players for crazy money.

Or why not use the editor and have a dream team, it won't cost you a penny then.

The point is, it's funny how 'unrealistic' FM is only when it suits.

But if you think Spurs bidding over 400million for four players is 'realistic' then fill your boots.

What are you even talking about? This is about the principle of getting a bid accepted whatever team you are, the fact is money talks and its not talking enough in this game.

What are you even talking about? This is about the principle of getting a bid accepted whatever team you are, the fact is money talks and its not talking enough in this game.

Money only talks when the selling party needs the money!

If they can't identify a suitable replacement, don't need the money and the player is happy why should they sell?

Lets switch it round - Who is your "Star" player? In fact lets say you had Messi or Ronaldo would you sell them for £100m? Would you accept the first offer of £100m?

I can't see Arsenal selling their best player to Spurs for any money.They might let Bendtner go there but not Ozil. It's like Liverpool refusing to sell Suarez to a direct rival but with added local derby animosity. No amount of money will get Arsenal's best player for Spurs - or Inter's for Milan or any really intense rivalry. Tevez did go from Man Utd to City but Utd had refused his agent's financial demands - they would have had to pay about £50m to keep him by all accounts, and City at that time weren't really rivals - they were a mid-table team on a spending spree.

Fair enough in real life maybe Arsenal wouldn't sell Ozil to Spurs but there are players in my player search that are realistic targets and I can't get a bid accepted for them or a negotiation.

For £100m 3 established wonderkids could be signed s why wouldn't money talk?

Fair enough in real life maybe Arsenal wouldn't sell Ozil to Spurs but there are players in my player search that are realistic targets and I can't get a bid accepted for them or a negotiation.

For £100m 3 established wonderkids could be signed s why wouldn't money talk?

From which clubs? To which clubs? When did they sign new deals at their current clubs? Do they want to leave? Do the clubs need money? Can the clubs replace them with better players?

There are so many things to consider other than just "oh i have lots of money i can haz all the players".

Archived