Insert Interesting Name Here - Tomtuck's Second FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's actually a really tough one that, because in the 2034/35 season when he was 33 he had his best season in terms of goalscoring when he hit 59 in 60 games.

In terms of overall effectiveness though, I'd say the four year spell at Barcelona. He had alot of young players around him and he was litterally just doing it on his own at times. In his last season there he scored 50 goals in 50 appearances, and only four of them were penalties. That year he also managed 26 assists, and also 22 Man of the Match awards - the most he's managed in any season.

They Bayern years were magical, but I had a complete team there by the end, so it's hard to say them. He was probably at his peak attribute wise though in his last couple of seasons there when he was 26/27.

He has been outstanding, I don't know if this has been asked but who's been your second favourite player of the save?

I've said a few times that it would be a good time to retire whenever Joao Pedro decided to call it a day, and now it's all the better with me leading Real to the Champions League. Also nice coincidence that FM15 has come out aswell. And I will be doing a thread for FM15, just not a journeyman thread like this one. :p

And don't worry, I didn't quite take up all my time! Since I started this thread I've been on holiday for over 6 weeks, been to the vast majority of Mancheter United games, and gone out and got drunk many times, aswell as holding down a forty-hour a week job. I don't just play FM!

I'm glad you took so much from the thread aswell. Comments like that really do make the time and effort seem even more worthwhile. :)

with United's form over the last year I'm not surprised you got drunk so much :p

Also, great to hear you're doing a FM15 thread, I'll look out for that. Oh and you're job should be playing FM!!

Take a bow son.

From you that's pretty massive praise. :D

He has been outstanding, I don't know if this has been asked but who's been your second favourite player of the save?

Ha never, the focus has always been on Joao Pedro!

It's not a very tough one to be honest - Pedro Rodrigues. When I joined Benfica he was in the 'B' team but I soon had him in the first team. Like Joao Pedro he followed me most places, joining me at Tottenham, Bayern and Barcelona before retiring. Outstanding Halfback and Ball Playing Defender when necessary.

Great way to bow out.

Cheers. As I've said already, it was very fitting.

with United's form over the last year I'm not surprised you got drunk so much :p

Also, great to hear you're doing a FM15 thread, I'll look out for that. Oh and you're job should be playing FM!!

Ha don't worry, United's form and my drinking are not connected!

CareerSave-JoaoPedroRetires-Jul2036_zps708b9d96.png

Just note on this at the top of the piece; a goal every other game? What on earth is it on about?!

Well we all knew it was coming but it's still a sad day for me, and I'm sure a few of you who read this thread and have followed his wonderful career. I can honestly say that he has been my greatest ever player on any Football Manager, and I very much doubt if anyone will come close to matching what he has done for me in this career. Marvellous player.

This is his whole career league record, and overall his club record is as follows;

774 Apperances; 694 Goals; 356 Assists.

I have managed all but five of those matches, and it's very sad to see him retire. As a tribute, here's a little Frank Sinatra..........

[video=youtube;ljrFQyE1hAg][

Goodbye João Pedro, you will never be forgotten. :(

Bruno Gama's Management Career - July 16th 2036

BREAKING NEWS

CareerSave-GamaLeavesReal-Jul2036_zpsde6e6e1e.png

With just a year left on his contract, Bruno Gama has stepped down from his role as Real Madrid manager. This may not be a huge surprise to some a he has a history of leaving clubs after he has achieved what he believes to be his objectives at a club, and in case it was winning the Champion League.

There has been specualtion that Gama would leave his post ever sine Real beat Manchester City in the Champions League Final, and after a long six weeks that speculation has been cofirmed; Gama is no longer the Real Madrid manager.

Gama has never hid his desire to try international management at some stage in his career, and it is believed now that the European Championships are over he is looking to go down that route. Various nations have keep tight-lipped on that speculation so far, but it is uderstood both Germany and England are keen on his services.

We now cross live to Madrid, where Bruno Gama will read out a prepared statement;

Thank you all for coming, I'll try to keep this brief.

I have decided that the time is right to hand in my resignation to the board of Real Madrid C.F. Having achieved the goals me and the president set out upon taking control of the team I feel now the time is right to hand the reigns over to someone else.

I won't be answering any questions right now, but I will just say that speculation that I am wanting to move into international management are wide of the mark.

Finally I'd just like to thank all the players and staff that have worked under me at Real Madrid, the success was down to us all and not just myself. I'd also like to thank the fans, who have taken me in as one of their own over the last three years.

Hala Madrid!

CareerSave-StaffLeaveReal-Jul2036_zps3873f0d7.png

And with that it has come to an end.

After over 21 pages, 23 seasons, and a few trophies along the way, Bruno Gama has retired and my career has come to an end. I've really enjoyed this save and hope everyone has followed it here and/or on twitter have enjoyed it aswell. Yes, it became about one man in the end, but what a man he was.

Thanks to all of you who have followed the thread all the way, and to those of you who have contributed to the thread by posting replies and asking questions along the way. Your input is what makes these threads what they are in my opinion, without you it'd just be me rambling away to myself, so once again thank you.

Almost 700 goals and 300+ assists from João Pedro, not bad for a one-footed attacking midfielder that someone called "not good enough" in the Tactics forum, eh? :lol:

Was it difficult getting the best out of him in his later years as from what I see his physical attributes dropped like a stone? Not that it even came close to slowing Pedro down though. :brock:

Almost 700 goals and 300+ assists from João Pedro, not bad for a one-footed attacking midfielder that someone called "not good enough" in the Tactics forum, eh? :lol:

Was it difficult getting the best out of him in his later years as from what I see his physical attributes dropped like a stone? Not that it even came close to slowing Pedro down though. :brock:

He did alright in the end I suppose. :D

It wasn't too hard getting the best out of him as he advanced in years as I just changed to suit him.

For a long time I played mainly with strange formation which had him at AMRC, an AML and one ST. As he physicals started to slightly did I moved to a diamond with him at AMC. And then as he got older still I changed to a narrow 4-2-3-1 with him as the central of the three AMC's meaning he had even more players around him. Will I have changed those formations if I hadn't have him? Probably not. For a long time it did just become about him and would I could get out of him.

Thankfully it never effected what the team(s) were achieving. But I think had he been banging in 40 or 50 goals a season yet the team costantly just falling short I'd have still been happy enough. :p

Hi Tom, congratulations on an excellent thread and thank you for the lessons learned therein. Currently I have pinched one of your tactical set-ups and slightly modified to my love of the sweeper and always take a good look at the mental attributes before deciding if a player with mediocre finishing has a future with my club...

TQ, TQ

APa

DLPs, BWMd

WBa, WBs

CDx, CDx

SW

So glad I managed to jump on this and witness it all come to a close. Excellent career, without doubt, the best one I've read in my long time of CM/FM. :)

Cheers, really glad you enjoyed the ride. Was the most enjoyable save I've ever had to be honest. (Well, close between this and FM12, but this shades it because of João Pedro!!).

Shame you didn't manage Portugal National Team at one point.

It was on the agenda, but it just never came up when I wanted it.

I always wanted to lead them into the World Cup, but they never let a manager go after a European Championship campaign as they did quite well in them, meaning they kept the same manager on for the World Cup qualifying. :(

• 1 year later...

Archived