Insert Interesting Name Here - Tomtuck's Second FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

143px-Real_Madrid_CF.svg.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - Real Madrid 2034/35

Cope del Rey Final

How We Got To The Final

CareerSave-CopadelReyRunToFinal-May2035_zpsb2b950e0.png

Well there was a huge amount of goals, both for and against, on our run to the final. We saw off Huesca 7-2 on aggregate in th fourth round, before two corking games against Espanyol that both finished 4-3, us going through 8-6 on aggregate. Local rivals Atletico Madrid were our opponents in the quarter finals, and we saw them off in some style. We thrashed them 5-1 at the Bernabeu in the first leg, and then won 2-1 away from home in the second leg. In the semi-finals we faced Real Sociedad, and our poor defence against caused us problems. We led 1-0, then 2-1 and 3-1 in the first leg, and again we conceded late on to make it the second more worrying than it ought to have been. In the second leg we were 2-0 up by halftime, but Sociedad came back into it, levelling up at 2-2 late in the day. We kept the score at 2-2 though, winning the tie 5-4 on aggregate.

The Final

vs.Barcelona

First choice goalkeeper Esteban Aliaga was missing with injury, so youngster Alfredo Veral came into the side. Centreback Gustavo Lapietra was also missing with inury, as were midfielders Jose Luis and Thomas Bungaard Kjeldgaard. So we lined up Yann Fabre and Sven Hoek in cetral defence, and Guillermo Almansa and Antolin Moreno in midfield. Our front four lined-up as usual, with Hernan Sanchez Souto, Joao Pedro and Parana behind lone striker Miguel Angel Oliva.

CareerSave-CopadelReyFinalvsBarcelona-May2035_zps992162b7.png

Match Stats

Super, super performance.

We were dominant from first whistle to last as we swept Barcelona aside with ease. Sven Hoek gave us a great start, the vetera heading home a corner from Parana in the sixth minute. We had chances to double our lead before the break, but on the hour mark the second goal came when Miguel Angel Oliva slotted home Victor Rivera's though ball from just inside the area. The win was rounded off eighteen minutes from time. Leftback Pereira was brought down in the box, and captain Joao Pedro fired hom from the spot. 3-0 the final score.

Just absolutely delighted after losing last seasons final to Sporting.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CareerSave-EstadiodaLuzReadyForCL-May2035_zps9e955320.png

Well we're through to the Champions League Final, and it is at the home of one of my former clubs, Benfica. It's twenty years since the club last won the competition, so I think time we did so again. We face one of other former sides, Bayern Munich, in the final.

CareerSave-EstadiodaLuzReadyCLFever-May2035_zpsf46444fd.png

The final is now upon us. Aside from getting through to this final, Bayern have had a poor season. They finished 3rd in the Bundesliga, some thirtyone points behind the champions Wolfsburg, and got knocked out of the DFB-Pokal at the semi-final stage by Hamburg. Manager Frank de Boer may well lose his job if they are defeated here.

CareerSave-RealSearchCLGlory-May2035_zps7f499bb4.png

A huge night for me persoanlly aswell as the club as I hunt my fifth Champions League trophy with my fourth different club.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - Real Madrid 2034/35

Champions League Final

How We Got To The Final

Group Stage

CareerSave-CLRunToFinalGroupStage-Jun2035_zpsdc3868e7.png

CareerSave-RealCLTable-Dec2034_zps0412de11.png

Absolutely thrilled with how we did in the group stage. We won all of our six games, including winning away at Borussia Dortmund. If I as going to complain about anything, then maybe we could have scored more goals along the way, as apart from against Red Bull Salzburg at the Bernabeu we never quite hit top gear. Still, can't really moan at all.

Knockout Stage

CareerSave-CLRunToFinalKORnds-Jun2035_zps43ec8835.png

Some superb performances here against all three of our opponents. We were unreal in the first leg versus Schalke as we won 5-2 away in Germany. Some of our play was excellent, and even though we scored two penalties, we were head and shoulders above the opposition. Both legs against Inter were superb as we won 8-1 on aggregate. The Barcelona games were something to behold. Both matches provided some excellent football from both sides, and our passage to the final was an awful lot to do with living legend João Pedro, who scored three of our five goals over the two legs. Another Barcelona old boy, Parana, also had a big impact, assisting two and scoring one over the two legs as we won 5-4 on aggregate against our bitter rivals.

Team News

A few injury issues heading into the game. Gustavo Lapietra was out, as was known sometime ago when he got injured back at the start of May. Midfielder Jose Luis was missing aswell, having broken a bone in his foot back in May. Young striker Francisco Martin was also out, having damaged knee ligaments a few weeks ago. Aside from that everyone was just about fit enough to play. Joao Pedro was strugglig a touch, but would start.

CareerSave-CLFinalLine-up-Jun2035_zps7c992055.png

1.Esteban Aliaga, 2.Jorge Ignacio, 15.Yann Fabre, 4.Sven Hoek, 6.Pereira, 20.Guillermo Almansa, 8.Antolín Moreno, 10.Hernán Sánchez Souto, 23.João Pedro ©, 5.Paraná, 9.Miguel Angel Oliva.

The Final

vs. FC Bayern München

CareerSave-CLFinalvsBayern-Jun2035_zpsa019d966.png

Match Stats.

So, so disappointing.

We got off to the worst possible start, conceding after just nineteen seconds as leftback Pereira totally fell asleep at the back post as Bayern's rightwinger snuck in the head home. Indeed early on we were under the cosh so much, (Bayern hit the post twice in the opening fifteen minutes!!), that I had to change from the narrow 4-2-3-1 to a midfield diamond, with Paraná coming deeper alongside Moreno in midfield and Guillermo Almansa moving back to screen the centra defenders. After the change we got back into the game and started to dominate the ball and create chances. The equaliser came five minutes into the second period, when João Pedro curled in a superb freekick. From then on there looked like there would only be one winner; we hit the bar and the post, but we simply couldn't find the winning goal. To extra time it went, and Bayern then came on strong. We had to defend deeper and look to counter, though still created some decent opportunities. The game seemed to be heading for extra time, but with just eight minutes of extra time remaining German international Wasiu Obem hit a stunning strike from the corner of the box into the top corner. 2-1 Bayern, disaster. Try as we might in the last few minutes we couldn't create a decent chance. João Pedro did force a great save from the Bayern goalkeeper from a freekick, but that was the most we could muster.

Defeat. And the wait for the clubs eleventh European Cup goes on.

Announcement

I'm off on holiday tomorrow for two weeks, so there will be no more updates until around the 21st of October.

Sorry to disappear like this without doing the May/June monthly review and having the overall season review still to write up, but I had planned to get them done this weekend but unfortunately things didn't work out as I would have liked so I've simply not had the time.

They will be posted ASAP when I get back.

Seeya for now boys and girls!

PHEW:eek: just spent the weekend reading through this whilst playing. Wow what a career, the Brighton and Benfica jobs came along at the right time didn't they which really boosted you up in the reputation.

Surprised you didn't stay at Spurs longer but understand why you went to Bayern.

Joao Pedro eh! What a player. Great Career and a great read.

Understand what you are saying about a career takes a lot out of you after my massive save at FC United in FM13. I couldn't invest the same effort two editions on the trot. Just played around with training and youth development on FM14. Ajax was a great place to do this.

Are you looking to stay at Real now until FM15 bare in mind its only a month to go and you are on holiday for two weeks or are you going to continue until Joao Pedro retires?

• 2 weeks later...
PHEW:eek: just spent the weekend reading through this whilst playing. Wow what a career, the Brighton and Benfica jobs came along at the right time didn't they which really boosted you up in the reputation.

Surprised you didn't stay at Spurs longer but understand why you went to Bayern.

Joao Pedro eh! What a player. Great Career and a great read.

Understand what you are saying about a career takes a lot out of you after my massive save at FC United in FM13. I couldn't invest the same effort two editions on the trot. Just played around with training and youth development on FM14. Ajax was a great place to do this.

Are you looking to stay at Real now until FM15 bare in mind its only a month to go and you are on holiday for two weeks or are you going to continue until Joao Pedro retires?

You are right about Brighton and Benfica - they were the right jobs at exactly the right time. Still a bit puzzled as to how I go the Benfica job, the fact I'm playing as a Portuguese manager no doubt helped a little.

Tottenham is probably the one job I regret leaving when I did. With Erik Lamela in his prime and a developing Joao Pedro, we could have really achieved something special there. Like you say though, the Bayern Munich job came about and it was just something I couldn't turn down.

I'll continue the save until Joao Pedro retires now. He turns 34 in the coming summer so it won't be that far away.

Unlucky in the Champions League, you've gone so close but to no avail so many times, must be frustrating!

have a good holiday mate, you certainly deserve it! :cool:

It is frustrating, but it's what keeps me going to be honest. :thup:

Bruno Gama's Management Career - May/June 2035 - Real Madrid

La Liga

May

CareerSave-RealLaLigaFixtures-May2035_zpsf7e5586a.png

CareerSave-RealLaLigaTable-May2035_zpsc9ef9e12.png

An exciting end to the season, with five wins from four games, and a load of goals scored and conceded.

We started the month with a thrilling 5-3 win at the Bernabeu against Real Sociedad. We led early on thanks to a Joao Pedro penalty, but Sociedad were infornt before the hour mark. Before halftime we were level though thanks to a strike from Thomas Bundgaard Kjeldgaard. Goals in the second half from Victor Rivera, Aldo Ibanez and a second for Joao Pedro made it 5-2, although Sociedad did pull one back in stoppage time to make the final score 5-3. Real Betis were the next visitors to our place, and we gave them a good going over in the first half. Goals from Miguel Angel Oliva, Joao Pedro (penalty), and two from fullback Pereira had us 4-0 up at halftime. We slacked off in the second period and Betis got one back, but the result was never in doubt. The Madrid Derby was next, and we gave them a good going over. Miguel Angel Oliva put us ahead just after the twenty minute mark, and Pereira doubled the lead just two minutes into the second half. Joao Pedro wrapped up the points with twenty-six minutes to go with a lovely freekick. Just our second defeat of the season followed at Sevilla, and we couldn't really complain about it. Sevilla had us under pressure throughout, and took the lead with just eighteen minutes remaining. We actually equalised straight away through Miguel Angel Oliva, but Sevilla got the winner with nine minutes remaining. The season was rounded off with a 3-0 win away at Gimnastic, though they made us work for it. We couldn't break them down in the first half, but we finally took the lead eleven minutes into the second half through loanee Robert Rogalski. Victor Rivera doubled the lead seventeen minutes from time, and Joao Pedro hit his 39th league of the season to seal the points.

Despite the loss, a good end to the season. Really pleased with our final month.

Copa del Rey - Final

May

CareerSave-RealCopadelReyFixtures-May2035_zps643ea0d9.png

El Clásico cup final won in style!

We flew into the lead after just six minutes, with Sven Hoek heading home. From then on we controlled the game, and eventually doubled the lead on the hour mark thanks to Miguel Angel Oliva slotting home after a quick counter attack. Captain Joao Pedro rounded off the win eighteen minutes from time, slotting home from the penalty spot after he had been fouled.

3-0 the final score, a lovely performance against our great rivals.

Champions League - Semi Finals & Final

May

CareerSave-RealCLFixtures-May2035_zpsf95f6e93.png

Not long before the Copa Del Rey El Clásico cup final, we faced Barcelona in the Champions League semi-finals, and we came through them in decent style after two very good matches. We were excellent in the first leg, with the exception of a lengthy spell after we took the lead. Joao Pedro put us infront after just seven minutes, but that seemed to stir Barcelona to life, and they had a good spell of domination thereafter and deservedly equalised in the 34th minute. We responded excellently though, and Joao Pedro put us back ahead almost immediately. The goal seemed to deflate Barca, and we controlled the game after that, rounded off the win in the 67th minute through Hernan Sanchez Souto. 3-1 the final score. The second leg was a real see-saw affair. We went ahead after just six minutes, when Joao Pedro fired home a penalty. Barcelona though weren't going to lay down, and hit back before halftime. Parana put us back ahead in the 53rd minute, but Barcelona then went all out for it. They soon made it 2-2, and went 3-2 up with over twenty minutes still to play. They batter us looking for two more goals to take through, but we held on to make it through to the Champions League Final - 5-4 on aggregate.

June

CareerSave-RealCLFixtures-Jun2035_zpsab6d1565.png

So close to the clubs first Champions League crown since 2015, but alas it did not arrive.

e suffered an awful start to the game, falling behind after just nineteen seconds. Bayern dominated us in the opening twenty minutes, and in all honesty the game could have been all over very early on. After a tactical chance we soon got back into the game, and early in the second period Joao Pedro curled in a lovely freekick to draw us level. There only looked like being one winner within ninety minutes, but unfortunately we couldn't find that winner. Bayern came on strong in extra time, and with just eight minutes to go they grabbed what proved to be the winner with a stunning strike from the corner of the box. Gutting.

Final score, after extra time, was 2-1 to Bayern.

You are right about Brighton and Benfica - they were the right jobs at exactly the right time. Still a bit puzzled as to how I go the Benfica job, the fact I'm playing as a Portuguese manager no doubt helped a little.Tottenham is probably the one job I regret leaving when I did. With Erik Lamela in his prime and a developing Joao Pedro, we could have really achieved something special there. Like you say though, the Bayern Munich job came about and it was just something I couldn't turn down.I'll continue the save until Joao Pedro retires now. He turns 34 in the coming summer so it won't be that far away. It is frustrating, but it's what keeps me going to be honest. :thup:
Probably got another 3 seasons then? Any ideas on your fm15 save? Can't remember if you have already said!

Probably got another 3 seasons then? Any ideas on your fm15 save? Can't remember if you have already said!

Well I've no idea yet, Joao has not given any indication as to when he plans to call it a day.

As for FM15, I have an idea or two, but it won't be anything like this - I need a break!!

I'll continue the save until Joao Pedro retires now. He turns 34 in the coming summer so it won't be that far away.

I had a feeling you'd be doing that. Anyway finally got around to finishing this...

Bruno Gama was a very worried man. Barcelona were ahead against Sevilla while his Madrid side were having a lot of trouble in the Canaries against a rough Las Palmas side. As things stood Barcelona would go ahead in the league and the taunting from their fans aimed at their treacherous former manager would be intense. Time was running short to get a winner but they had Oliva in their pocket and Souto might well have not turned up. However he still had one ace up his sleeve.

Joao Pedro was approaching 34 and was taking a much-needed rest but looked just as boyish and enthusiastic as he did when they first met all those years ago in Lisbon. Miguel and Silva looked like they’d be the stars but Joao Pedro had shone brighter than either. After all those years at 5 different clubs he understood his boss perfectly and the slightest gesture was all it took for him to get up from the bench and start warming up. He went on but had little to do for a while as Las Palmas were starting to push. Young Torres suddenly snatched the ball and set off down the left. He played a perfect pass to Joao Pedro who slid effortlessly between the defenders and casually slotted home for a vital winner.

The following morning, Joao Pedro turned up in Gama’s office, and from the look on the player’s face it wasn’t going to be good news. Gama had been around the block a few times, from Ukraine to London and Iberia and he knew he wouldn’t be around forever. He had hoped Joao Pedro would join him as a coach and be groomed as his protégé but he hadn’t been keen, and sure enough he was here to deliver the final blow to Gama’s great dream. There was clearly a lot of painful regret in his eyes, he could barely able to meet Gama in the eyes as he said that with regret that once he retired he would be out of the game for good.

When Gama got home he went to his office and took a photo album out of a draw in his desk. In it was a pictorial record of all his great moments with Joao Pedro. There was his vital goal against Besiktas in the Champions League qualifiers, essentially announcing him as a potential star, his role in that incredible final against Chelsea, his one-man demolition of Porto in both legs of a Quarter-final, his quadruple in a cup final against Bochum and getting both goals in a ‘revenge’ CL win over Bayern...

Gama was brought out of his dreamy reverie by a knock at the door. He opened it to see Joao Pedro standing there. Neither of them needed to say anything as they sat down on opposite sides of the sofa. The player knew he’d have been nothing without his manager and he felt like only half the player with his international bosses. He reached inside the bag he was carrying and took out a very special present. It was a statue of the two of them together holding the CL trophy. Gama was so overwhelmed that he stood up, went over and gave Joao Pedro a deep and loving embrace. They were soon settled back down again, glass of wine in hand and toasted their past glories and a bond that would never die.

Well I've no idea yet, Joao has not given any indication as to when he plans to call it a day.

As for FM15, I have an idea or two, but it won't be anything like this - I need a break!!

I saw you posted in another thread about Ajax. Good place i did a save with them which i enjoyed on fm14 but it ruined itself by winning te champions league in the second season which was my 5-10 year plan so i gave up.

deltablue - Haha I laughed out loud at that. Thought it was going to get a bit sexual at one point! :D

I saw you posted in another thread about Ajax. Good place i did a save with them which i enjoyed on fm14 but it ruined itself by winning te champions league in the second season which was my 5-10 year plan so i gave up.

Did a save with them on FM13, just didn't document it on here. Played six seasons and the furthest I got to winning the Champions League was the quarter finals I think.

How has Portugal's international record been since Joao made the seniors? Surely they've won something with him in their side?

Nope they've done nothing of note and managers have consistently misused him. His record of 26 goals in 104 caps speaks for its self.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - Season Review 2034/35 - Real Madrid

La Liga

Results 1 - Results 2

Final Table (1st - Champions)

Another dominant season, but we ended with less points than last term. We scored a massive 19 goals more than last season, but we again conceded more than 30. It's a real concern and needs to be addressed this summer as keeping just 12 cleansheets really isn't acceptable. The plus side is of course the goalscoring side of things - no matter the oppoents our potential for hitting the back of the net is something else. Both Atletico and Barcelona got more points than last season, but are still a long way off us.

Copa del Rey

Winners

Delighted to lift the trophy after last seasons final defeat against Sporting. Like with La Liga, we scored a bucket load of goals but also conceded far too many. That started in the 4th round with lowly Huesca, who managed to score twice agaist us over the two legs, and then it continued there after. Espanyol managed to score six against us over two legs, and then in the semi-finals we let in four against Real Sociedad. The highlight in the run up to the final was thrashing Atletico 5-1 in the quarter finals. We faced great rivals Barcelona in the final, and thumped them 3-0. A brilliant way to win the trophy.

Champions League

Runners-up

So close, but ultimately we were left disappointed by one of my former clubs.

We breezed through the group stage, winning all six of our games, including a very tough couple of games against Borussia Dortmund, and hitting sixteen goals in the process. In the first knockout round we faced our second German opposition of the competition, and over the two legs we thumped Schalke 6-3. The key result was in the away leg, as we wo 5-2 away in Gelsenkirchen with the might Joao Pedro scoring a hattrick. Internazionale were seen off in simple fashion in the quarter finals, with us hitting four goals in both legs as we won the tie 8-1 playing some breathtaking football. We had two El Clásico's to negotiate in the semi-finals, and we just about managed to do so. We saw them off 3-1 in the first leg, the oly downside being the away goal. Twice in the second leg we were infront, but Barcelona came back at us late on to win 3-2 in the end. However we were through to the final 5-4 o aggregate.

In the final we faced another former club, this time in the shape of Bayern Munich. They took the lead in the first minute and totally dominated early on, but we came back into it and equalised early in the second half through captain marvel Joao Pedro. From then on there only looked like being one winner in ninety minutes, but we couldn't score and the game went to extra time. Bayern woke from their slumber in extra time, and with eight minutes to go got what proved to be the winner. 2-1 to Bayern was the final, devastating score.

Gutted, absolutely gutted.

Other Info

Squad Stats - Transfers - Finances

(Trasfers page does not include 2 players sold from Real Madrid Castilla for £4.5million).

Loads of players used the term, may of them youngsters getting chances in the team. The standout thing for me is that I actually made alot of use of my sustitutes this season. Youngsters Aldo Ibanez and Francisco Martin made over 20 sub appearances each! It was also great to have three players get over 30 goals.

It was a busy year in the transfer market, with players coming in for the present and the future. In the end we spent £102million, but £72million of that went on just one player. A ton of playerrs left the club as we brought in just £2million less than what went out. A good year transfer wise.

The finances are excellent - we're over £100million better off than what we were a year ago.

Top 3 Players

João Pedro

He's nearly 34 and his physical and technical attributes have progressively got worse over the last few years - however he is still doing the business and indeed this was his best ever season. Yes sixteen of his goals were from the peanlty spot, but I don't care. Brilliant, brilliant man.

Paraná

He cost a fortune, and he really repaid an awful lot of that. He maybe didn't quite score the goals he should have, but he managed a decent number aswell as a massive 49 assists. An excellent start to his Real Madrid career.

Pereira

Outstanding from leftback as he contributed nine goals and fourteen assists. An average rating of 7.59 from 53 appearances is superb.

What Next

The Champions League has to be the aim for ext season. A couple of transfers have already been arranged, and there's a couple more targets in mind aswell. Some players will be on the way out - indeed Mateo Mohorovic already has a transfer to Napoli arranged and there'll probably be a couple or so more.

How are my Former Clubs Doing?

Bukovyna

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season    |  League            |  Lge Pos |  Notes                                            |  Other
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2015/16  |  Premyer-Liha  |  9th         |                                                       |  Beaten in Europa Lge Playoff Rnd
| 2016/17  |  Premyer-Liha  |  16th       |  Relegated                                     |  
| 2017/18  |  Persha Liha     |  9th         |                                                       |  
| 2018/19  |  Persha Liha     |  1st          |  Promoted as Champs                   |  
| 2019/20  |  Premyer-Liha  |  13th       |                                                       | 
| 2020/21  |  Premyer-Liha  |  12th       |                                                       | 
| 2021/22  |  Premyer-Liha  |  12th       |                                                       |  Kubok Ukraini Quarter Finals
| 2022/23  |  Premyer-Liha  |  12th       |                                                       |  Kubok Ukraini Winners
| 2023/24  |  Premyer-Liha  |  10th       |                                                       |  Beaten in Europa Lge Playoff Rnd
| 2024/25  |  Premyer-Liha  |  10th       |                                                       |  
| 2025/26  |  Premyer-Liha  |  8th         |                                                       |  Kubok Ukraini Quarter Finals
| 2026/27  |  Premyer-Liha  |  13th       |                                                       |  Kubok Ukraini Semi Finals
| 2027/28  |  Premyer-Liha  |  7th         |                                                       |  
| 2028/29  |  Premyer-Liha  |  12th       |                                                       |  
| 2029/30  |  Premyer-Liha  |  9th         |                                                       |  
| 2030/31  |  Premyer-Liha  |  8th         |                                                       |  Kubok Ukraini Quarter Finals
| 2031/32  |  Premyer-Liha  |  13th       |                                                       |  Kubok Ukraini Semi Finals
| 2032/33  |  Premyer-Liha  |  8th         |                                                       |  
| 2033/34  |  Premyer-Liha  |  12th       |                                                       |  
| 2034/35  |  Premyer-Liha  |  4th         |  Europa Lge Playoff Rnd              |  

A terrific season, the clubs best league finish they finished third under my leadership in the 2014/15 season. The aim now is to keep this up ext season!

Brighton

| Season    |  League            |  Lge Pos |  Notes                                            |  Other
| 2017/18  |  Premier Lge    |  20th       |  Relegated                                     |
| 2018/19  |  Champ'ship     |  9th         |                                                       |
| 2019/20  |  Champ'ship     |  16th       |                                                       |
| 2020/21  |  Champ'ship     |  7th         |                                                       |
| 2021/22  |  Champ'ship     |  12th       |                                                       |
| 2022/23  |  Champ'ship     |  11th       |                                                       |  Quarter Finals of both domestic cups
| 2023/24  |  Champ'ship     |  4th         |  Defeat in playoff semi-finals       |  Quarter Finals of FA Cup
| 2024/25  |  Champ'ship     |  2nd        |  Promoted to Premier Lge             |  
| 2025/26  |  Premier Lge    |  12th       |                                                       |  
| 2026/27  |  Premier Lge    |  19th       |  Relegated                                     |
| 2027/28  |  Champ'ship     |  1st         |  Promoted as Champions              |  
| 2028/29  |  Premier Lge    |  18th       |  Relegated                                     |
| 2029/30  |  Champ'ship     |  5th         |  Defeat in playoff semi-finals       |  Quarter Finals of Lge Cup
| 2030/31  |  Champ'ship     |  10th       |                                                       |  
| 2031/32  |  Champ'ship     |  6th         |  Promoted via playoffs                  |  Quarter Finals of FA Cup
| 2032/33  |  Premier Lge    |  19th       |  Relegated                                     |
| 2033/34  |  Champ'ship     |  1st         |  Promoted as Champions               |  Quarter Finals of FA Cup
| 2034/35  |  Premier Lge    |  16th       |                                                       |  

A very good campaign as they managed to survive in the Premier League.

Benfica

| Season    |  League               |  Lge Pos |  Notes                                            |  Other
Left the club in December 2020 to join Tottenham - Roberto Mancini was my replacement

| 2020/21  |  Liga Zon Sagres |  1st         |  Champions                                   |  Taça de Portugal & Taça de Liga winners
| 2021/22  |  Liga Zon Sagres |  1st         |  Champions                                   |  Taça de Portugal winners & Taça de Liga runners-up
| 2022/23  |  Liga Zon Sagres |  1st         |  Champions                                   |  Taça de Portugal & Taça de Liga Winners
| 2023/24  |  Liga Zon Sagres |  1st         |  Champions                                   |  Taça de Portugal & Taça de Liga Winners
| 2024/25  |  Liga Zon Sagres |  1st         |  Champions                                   |  Taça de Portugal & Taça de Liga Winners
| 2025/26  |  Liga Zon Sagres |  1st         |  Champions                                   |  Taça de Portugal Qtr Finals
| 2026/27  |  Liga Zon Sagres |  2nd        |  Champs Lge Group Stage            |  Taça de Liga Winners & Taça de Portugal runners-up
| 2027/28  |  Liga Zon Sagres |  1st         |  Champions                                   |  Taça de Portugal & Taça de Liga Winners
| 2028/29  |  Liga Zon Sagres |  1st         |  Champions                                   |  Taça de Portugal & Taça de Liga Winners
| 2029/30  |  Liga Zon Sagres |  1st         |  Champions                                   |  Taça de Portugal Winners, Taça de Liga Semi Finals & Champs Lge Quarter Finalists
| 2030/31  |  Liga Zon Sagres |  1st         |  Champions                                   |  Taça de Portugal, Taça de Liga & Champs Lge Winners
| 2031/32  |  Liga Zon Sagres |  1st         |  Champions                                   |  Taça de Portugal & Club World Cup Winners, Taça de Liga Semi Finals & Champs Lge Qtr Finals
| 2032/33  |  Liga Zon Sagres |  1st         |  Champions                                   |  Taça de Portugal Winngers, Taça de Liga Semi Finals & Champs Lge Semi Finals
| 2033/34  |  Liga Zon Sagres |  1st         |  Champions                                   |  Taça de Liga Winners & Champs Lge Quarter Finals
| 2034/35  |  Liga Zon Sagres |  1st         |  Champions                                   |  Taça de Portugal Runners-up & Taça de Liga Semi Finals 

Just the one major trophy this season, but it was the league title - the eighth seaso in a row they have won it.

Tottenham

| Season    |  League               |  Lge Pos |  Notes                                            |  Other
| 2022/23  |  Premier League |  4th         |  Champs Lge Playoff Rnd             |  FA Cup Winners, Champions Lge Quarter Finals
| 2023/24  |  Premier League |  4th         |  Champs Lge Playoff Rnd             |  FA Cup Quarter Finals
| 2024/25  |  Premier League |  5th         |  Europa Lge Grp Stage                  |  Champs Lge Runners-up, FA Cup Quarter Finals
| 2025/26  |  Premier League |  4th         |  Champs Lge Playoff Rnd             |  Lge Cup Winners, Europa Lge Quarter Finals
| 2026/27  |  Premier League |  5th         |  Europa Lge Grp Stage                  |  Lge Cup Winners, Europa Lge Quarter Finals
| 2027/28  |  Premier League |  13th       |                                                        |  Europa Lge Runners-up, Lge Cup Quarter Finals 
| 2028/29  |  Premier League |  4th         |  Champs Lge Playoff Rnd             |  
| 2029/30  |  Premier League |  3rd         |  Qualified for Champs Lge            |  Champions Lge Quarter Finals
| 2030/31  |  Premier League |  4th         |  Champs Lge Playoff Rnd             |  FA Cup Winners, Lge Cup Runners-up
| 2031/32  |  Premier League |  8th         |                                                        |  FA Cup & Lge Cup Quarter Finals
| 2032/33  |  Premier League |  12th       |                                                        |  
| 2033/34  |  Premier League |  13th       |                                                        |  FA Cup Runners-up
| 2034/35  |  Premier League |  6th         |  Europa Lge Grp Stage                  |  Lge Cup & Europa Lge Winners

A much better season as they managed to finish in the top six aswell as wiing two trophies. They beat Liverpool 1-0 in the League Cup Final and defetaed Valencia 3-0 in the Europa League Final. After the previous season, this was excellent.

Bayern Munich

| 2029/30  |  Bundesliga         |  2nd        |  Qualified for Champs Lge           |  DFB-Pokal Semi Finals
| 2030/31  |  Bundesliga         |  1st         |  Champions                                   |  DFB-Pokal Winners, Champs Lge Semi Final
| 2031/32  |  Bundesliga         |  1st         |  Champions                                   |  Champs Lge Winners, DFB-Pokal Semi Finals
| 2032/33  |  Bundesliga         |  1st         |  Champions                                   |  DFB-Pokal Winners & Club World Cup Winners. Champs Lge & UEFA Super Cup Runners-up
| 2033/34  |  Bundesliga         |  3rd         |  Qualified for Champs Lge           |  Champs Lge Semi Finals
| 2034/35  |  Bundesliga         |  3rd         |  Qualified for Champs Lge           |  Champs Lge Winners, DFB-Pokal Semi Finals

Terrible in the league - they finished the season 31pts behind champions Wolfsburg. They made up for it though by winning the Champions League, beating my Real Madrid side in the final.

FC Barcelona

| Season    |  League        |  Lge Pos |  Notes                                            |  Other
| 2033/34  |  La Liga       |  2nd         |  Qualified for Champs Lge           |  Club World Cup & UEFA Super Cup Winners, Champs Lge Quarter Finals
| 2034/35  |  La Liga       |  2nd         |  Qualified for Champs Lge           |  Copa del Rey Runners-up, Champs Lge Semi Final

Not a great season in all honesty as they finished trophyless. The gap to us at the top if the league was closed a bit, but truth be told it was a disappointing season.

CareerSave-JoaoPedroLaLigaAwards-Jun2035_zps268a61a3.png

What a guy. :cool:

CareerSave-LaLigaTOTY-Jun2035_zpsa5b16e7c.png

No idea how we have three defenders in the side given our leaky defence. The midfield pairing of Joao Pedro and Parana is a bit soft too! :D

CareerSave-JoaoPedroCLTopScorer-Jun2035_zps60b4ae41.png

It may be quite surprising but it's the first time he's won this.

CareerSave-CLDreamTeam-Jun2035_zps539678f1.png

Four players in this side, I'm happy enough with that. Like the Spanish League side though, it has a bit of a soft centre with Joao Pedro and Parana being the midfidl pair!

deltablue - Haha I laughed out loud at that. Thought it was going to get a bit sexual at one point! :D

Thanks. Don't worry I don't quite do that sort of thing :D I took a bit of a look back through the thread and your twitter feed (which I don't follow because I'm not actually on it) to get career-accurate details and I hope I did a reasonable job with that. It also brought to my attention that when you haven't been managing them, Bayern seem to have been like arch-rivals.

Thanks. Don't worry I don't quite do that sort of thing :D I took a bit of a look back through the thread and your twitter feed (which I don't follow because I'm not actually on it) to get career-accurate details and I hope I did a reasonable job with that. It also brought to my attention that when you haven't been managing them, Bayern seem to have been like arch-rivals.

To be fair it's some effort you've gone to - I'm not sure I can even be bothered to look back through that much! Thanks though, it actually means alot that someone would take the time to do that. :)

CareerSave-NewTVDeal-Jun2035_zps37981f3c.png

Nice little bit of extra cast. Aswell as this new TV deal we had three new sponsorship deals, and together, (with the TV deal), they are worth £19million more per annum. Indeed the training kit sponsorship deal soared from around £800,000 per year to £2.6million!

Do your coaches rate Pedro has high as his performances?

Not at all. He's rated at just two stars now by the majority of my coaches, and they describe him as a "Good player for most La Liga sides". His highest ever star rating was *just* four stars.

CareerSave-BayernInterviewOffer-Jun2035_zpsaf9724fd.png

So after beating me in the Champions League Final, Frak de Boer left Bayern. And for the second time since leaving them six years ago they have offered me the chance to rejoin them. I would do it to manage just one player, but I won't be going.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - Season Preview - 2035/36 - Real Madrid

Board Expectations

La Liga - Win the title

Copa del Rey - Not Important

Champions League - Reach the semi-finals

Personal Expectations

La Liga - A hattrick of titles would be great

Copa del Rey - Not bothered too much

Champions League - Win it

Understadable expectations from the board given how much better we have been than our rivals in the last two seasons. My aim though is definitely the Champions League after last seasons disappointment in losing in the final.

Budgets

Transfer: £436,370,346

Wages: £4,731,578 p/w (Currently spending £2,623,906)

Balance: £435,802,574 (+£124,743,618)

No point even talkig about the budgets - they are oustanding. As for the balance and the vast improvement over the last year, that is excellent. We start the season away at Athletic Bilbao on August 19th. Before that though we have tours of Thailand and Portugal to undetake in preseason.

Nice Sunday morning, just caught up on all of this after my hiatus. Another Champions League final loss. So close once again. I'll be very interested to see how Pedro does next season given his age, but he certainly doesn't show any sign of slowing down.

It'll be a real shame when this thread comes to an end. Hopefully there will be another one popping up with the new game.

Nice Sunday morning, just caught up on all of this after my hiatus. Another Champions League final loss. So close once again. I'll be very interested to see how Pedro does next season given his age, but he certainly doesn't show any sign of slowing down.

It'll be a real shame when this thread comes to an end. Hopefully there will be another one popping up with the new game.

I'm a specialist at losing Champions League Finals. :(

Joao Pedro will have to be used more sensibly next season I feel - picking when he does and doesn't start and managing his training regime, (in terms of rest days), will certaily be the aim of the game with him. His physicals have taken another dip during his time off over the summer and I can't see him managing 50 or 60 starts again.

As for the thread, it'll continue until Pedro retires, but there won't be a journeyman thread like this for FM15.

So read through this all in the last week, and this is what inspired me to actually write an account of my FM 15 Career. Yours truly is a standard to be reached.

I hope it is ok, that I stole some of your formatting choices, and hope that my FM career can be even a fraction as exciting and fun to read as yours.

Great read, going to go look for Tomtucks first FM career now :)

So read through this all in the last week, and this is what inspired me to actually write an account of my FM 15 Career. Yours truly is a standard to be reached.

I hope it is ok, that I stole some of your formatting choices, and hope that my FM career can be even a fraction as exciting and fun to read as yours.

Great read, going to go look for Tomtucks first FM career now :)

Cheers for taking the time to read through the whole thread - 20 pages is some effort!

And of course it's ok that you use the formatt - I borrowed it from someone else to begin with anyway! As for the first career thread from FM12, the link is in the opening post of this thread.

Good luck for the new season ahead, a last season with the Champions League trophy and Pedro retiring wouldn't be too bad ;)

Cheers. I'd certainly take that, but I've no idea if he's going to retire or not - no indication from him as of yet!

It's only taken me about 4.5 hours, but I've just read this entire thread :D I was inspired partly by the FMCU awards (Tom winning it, ofc) and by an incredible boredom deep within. I do not regret reading this. :D

I knew of Joao Pedro as you've talked about him in the OTF FM thread before (I had no idea you were doing a journeyman save until I saw this thread last night) but I didn't realise you'd been managing him so long. Remarkable stuff. Must be what it's like to have a child, I guess :lol:

When you were with Bayern and rejected Barcelona the first time they came a-calling I thought this was actually a different save to the one you described in OTF where you managed both Barcelona and Real Madrid. Pleasantly surprised when you did eventually sign for Barca. Loved reading this, your experience with Bukovyna were easily my favourites. It's the only time you've had no right to what you accomplished and went ahead and done it anyway :cool: Although the CL final two years in a row in your first two years with Benfica was pretty remarkable too. What's been your favourite part (apart from Joao Pedro :D)? (Tough question, I know)

Kudos on playing this one save throughout the whole of FM14 also. Great stuff. :applause:

Strange to think... imagine you hadn't taken the Benfica job and instead preferred to stick with Brighton? How different things could have been...

JDownie

As with anyone who reads the thread all the way through at this stage, I have nothing but admiration. It's a long one now, and I imagine going through the whole of it takes alot of effort. Thanks alot for taking the time, it always means alot. :)

I can't really say much about Joao Pedro that hasn't already being said. He is just simply my greatest ever FM player, and leaving him behind will actually be quite sad.

The time at Bukovyna was very exciting, but I always feel it's a touch decieving as I think back then there was a bug to do with teams getting battered but not conceding. So we had some great results against the bigger Ukrainian teams in which we should have been rightly been hammered in. Still, if I don't tell people that it looks bloody great! :D

Favourite part? Probably my time with Benfica. When I was there I stuck to a wage structure of £25,000p/w, so to have the success both in Europe and domestically with Porto being such a powerhouse was really pleasing. Got to correct you slightly though - in my first season with Benfica we only made it too the Europa League semi-finals, it was the two seasons thereafter that we made it to the consecutive Champions League finals!

I also really enjoyed my eighteen months at Tottenham, and my biggest regret throughout this career was not staying there a little bit longer. The partnership Erik Lamela and Joao Pedro struck up was brilliant, and they would have surely led the team to a title or two.

As for that Benfica job, it was a decision I took some time over. But I do often wonder what might have been with Brighton! :p

Bruno Gama's Management Career - Preseason 2035/36 - Real Madrid

Transfers

CareerSave-PreseasonTransfers2035-36_zpsa6071df3.png

Quite a busy summer window, mainly in terms of players leaving the club, as just four came in but fifteen left in one way or another. Overall we spent £53million, but brought in just shy of £20million.

After bringing in Esteban Aliaga last summer on a free as a more experienced alternative to two young goalkeepers, he ended up playing over 40 games as I put my trust in him more than the younger lads. It was maybe misplaced as he conceded 43 times in 42 games, keeping just 12 cleansheets. To generate such a fee for him was fantastic business. The only other sale was Mateo Mohorovic. He came in two years for £25million when I was desperate for signings after my appointment, and at the time I felt we overpaid a little. After a solid first season he struggled to get in the team last term, and therefore he wanted to leave. We could've maybe got more, but just took what we could at the time. Vladimir Gus'kov finally left the club permanently. Since joining I'd only been able to loan him out due to his high wages, but he's left now that his contract has expired.

Nearly all the other deals out were players leaving on loan. Many of them will in the future be part of the first team squad, but with the registration rules in Spain I can't keep them for the time being as over 18's have to be registered. The two who didn't come into this catergorey are Kenta Funaki and Esteban Torres. Both are in their early twenties and need to be playing regular football right now. Hopefully they get the games at Metalist and Sevilla respectively.

Here are the four players who came into the club over the summer;

Diego Domínguez

A player that I have had my eye on for a very long time, way back when I was at Bayern and he was a kid at Getafe. We paid an awful lot of money for him, but he is a little different to our other attacking midfielders and strikers, so I was happy to pay the fee.

Joílson

Excellent young player. He already has alot of good attributes in all three areas, but has plenty of room to get better aswell.

Christian López

Since I joined Real we have had problems with conceding goals. We have had good defenders and good midfielders proctecting them, so I have come to the conclusion that the goalkeeper was the issue. With this man I think I have solved that issue. £22million is alot of money for a goalkeeper, but I really think he could be worth it.

José María Vicente

A third choice goalkeeper was needed with two others leaving over the summer. He'll do.

Preseason Friendlies

CareerSave-PreseasonFixtures2035-36_zps7565e27c.png

A difficult preseason in actual fact, with many of our players on international duty at the Copa America and then needing a rest when they came back. We did well in Thailand, but then had a poor time of it in Portugal, winning one and drawing one. Hopefully the South Americans will be firing come the start of the season.

The season starts with a trip to the Basque country to face Athletic Bilbao.

How long does it take you to play a season on average?

Usually about two weeks. I'm usually quite ahead of my posts here as I don't have much time to post between Monday and Thursday/Friday. At the minute I've actually got to December 2035.

True and it's nice to see that because some people would be tempted to buy the best of the best for one last hurrah!

I always stress that I like to play as if I'm a real manager, and in real life I don't think managers would do that. :)

Bruno Gama's Management Career - August 2035 - Real Madrid

La Liga

CareerSave-RealLaLigaFixtures-Aug2035_zps55c35cda.png

Just one game played, so not going to bother with a league table, but we've started with a win so I'm happy enough.

Not at our best on the opening day, but we took all three points so I can't complain. We struggled early on, but eventually got our noses infront in the 37th minute when Miguel Angel Oliva swept home Joao Pedro's cross. Two miutes before the break Oliva got his second, getting on the end of Pedro's through ball. Bilbao got one back five minutes into the second period, but we managed to keep them at arms length throughout the rest of the second half and take all three points.

Espanyol come the Bernabeu next.

Supercopa de España

CareerSave-RealSupercopaFixtures-Aug2035_zpscb4280d7.png

Another trophy added to the collection, and with it being against Barceloa it makes it all the sweeter.

We got a total battering in the first leg, and for the last twenty-three minutes it was all the more difficult after Yann Fabre was sent off for a second bookable offence. Thanks to an error from the Barcelona goalkeeper we got the win. Parana collected a poor clearance around 30 yards from goal, carrying it forward before slotting home from just inside the area. A terrific 1-0 win. In the second we got off to a great start when Diego Dominguez got his first goal for the club after just seventeen seconds to put us 2-0 up on aggregate. Joao Pedro doubled our lead from the penalty spot eight minutes into the second half to seal a 3-0 aggregate win.

Two good performances against our biggest rivals, I was very pleased.

Champions League Group Stage Draw - 2035/36

Top seeds again this year, but with the level of teams in the side that by no means a good draw these days........

CareerSave-RealCLGrpDraw-Aug2035_zps6938f948.png

A very good draw in all honesty. Liverpool and Lyon will no dubt test us away from home, but I'd expect to be beating them both comfortably enough at the Bernabeu. As for Slovan Bratislava, we should be taking six points off them. Top spot in the group is what I expect.

Archived