FM14: Liverpool F.C Thread - This Year is our Year!

cezar.sl

Start of season 3 team and formations [Home/Away]

It4p7Nf.png

Home First Team.

mLEz8KV.png

Away First Team.

eFE2p2W.png

The Subs/Reserves.

What teams instructions do you use? I'm in season one playing a 4-3-3 Barcelona style, but I feel like your formation might lead to more success. I'm currently in 1st place by 4 points, but I'm using the current formation because Sterling has 5 star potential on this save, and is currently my leading scorer. Also, I just signed Ronaldinho on a free.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gee this thread is dead anyway started again gonna use 4-4-2 with the wingers close to the strikers

I can see why.

I have posted several question, and updates, not one reply to them. It is a two way street, need to actually discuss tactics, players and so on. Not just post updates with no one replying to them.

hi eastley, what would you like to discuss tactics wise? I only ask because I'm having trouble getting a save going. Trying 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 but just cant get tactics working.

New save so default squad?

I have found that a 4-2-3-1 Works best. Play Suarez as a Winger though, purchase a decent striker, Lewandowski in my opinion.

Push higher up, slow tempo, Play offside, Exploit flanks, Hassle Opponents, play wider and be more expressive.

That is what I use, some of it contradicts itself, but it works, got second first season.

Roles and duties I just assign to what the player is best at. Sturridge is best as poacher, so I play him as one. And so on.

New save so default squad?

I have found that a 4-2-3-1 Works best. Play Suarez as a Winger though, purchase a decent striker, Lewandowski in my opinion.

Push higher up, slow tempo, Play offside, Exploit flanks, Hassle Opponents, play wider and be more expressive.

That is what I use, some of it contradicts itself, but it works, got second first season.

Roles and duties I just assign to what the player is best at. Sturridge is best as poacher, so I play him as one. And so on.

Other than Lewandowski, who did you bring in transfer wise?

Other than Lewandowski, who did you bring in transfer wise?

I got rid of Suarez and Coutinho. Coutinho I was going to keep but got a good offer, Ramirez was transfer listed, so I got him for like 15m to replace Coutinho.

Also brought in Benzia, Jese and Shaw.

A few Regens in second season.

I just bought Jesse from real madrid for 36M to be a back up for coutinho lol.

but what do I see they sold Bale to united for 26M :( this is start of second season... they got a brilliant squad with bale and pastore...its gonna be hard this year.

I just bought Jesse from real madrid for 36M to be a back up for coutinho lol.

but what do I see they sold Bale to united for 26M :( this is start of second season... they got a brilliant squad with bale and pastore...its gonna be hard this year.

36m? Wow, I was brutal in negotiations, talked them down to 22m.

Must signs for me.

Balanta

Lewandowski

Hughes/Ward-Prowse, English and good, Hughes is always one of my Favs.

Benzia if you prefer young striker, Werner is also near as good. Benzia is better as lone striker.

Lamela you can get pretty cheap in you need a player for his positions.

Veratti, also can get cheap sometimes.

Pogba

I have reached mid season (18/19) and interestingly Arsenal are rock bottom of the division :p I Maybe they will have to sell some players if they go down although only Wilshere and Otzil are decent. No one is unhappy yet though. I remember after season 1 when Man City finished mid-table several of there players wanted out. Thats how I got Yaya Toure for 13m.

Also in my save Luke Shaw has just won Best Player in Europe and World Player of the year and was runner up in World Golden Ball. I play him as ML though.

For a striker I highly recommend Alberto Cerri. I bought him from Barca 'B' in 2015 for 30m and in his 2 first full seasons he scored 31 in 31 games and 48 in 50 games. You can get him cheaper if you buy him earlier than I did.

36m? Wow, I was brutal in negotiations, talked them down to 22m.

Must signs for me.

Balanta

Lewandowski

Hughes/Ward-Prowse, English and good, Hughes is always one of my Favs.

Benzia if you prefer young striker, Werner is also near as good. Benzia is better as lone striker.

Lamela you can get pretty cheap in you need a player for his positions.

Veratti, also can get cheap sometimes.

Pogba

I'd like to set up a formation without completely uprooting the roster. I feel like Suarez, Coutinho, and Sturridge are very underrated in this game, Suarez especially. Sterling has gone done with an ankle injury so I've switched to a diamond midfield for the rest of the season, I'm hoping that SAS will work better if they paired up top together. I also feel like playing Coutinho out wide doesn't get the best out of him.

I'm playing with Liverpool and I'm about to start the 3rd season. My reputation has exploded during the first couple of seasons and we are now regarded as the biggest club in the world. I made a little tweak to the tactic changing the DW's to W(S).

During the first two seasons I've won two Premiership titles, the FA cup and a Champions League title.

I've got a crazy squad - the best in the world:

GK - Szczesny & Casteels

DR - Walker & Kelly

DC - Nkoulou & Caulker

DC - Nastasic & Umtiti

DL - Shaw & Davies

BWM - Wanyama & Capoue

BBM - Pogba & Gerrard

AP - Wilshere & Eriksen

WR - Diego Costa & Draxler

WL - Bale & Thauvin

F9 - Suarez & Lamela

I've just signed Bale before the beginning of the 3rd season and I'm reeeeaaaaally excited :-) Hope to win 7 titles in the coming season ;-)

what central defensive partnership do people use at the start?

Do you go for balance with Sakho/agger alongside Toure/Skrtel or Sahko and Agger?

I usually go with Skrtel and Sakho. Agger and Balanta is my back-up pair first season, Toure as cover for CB and RB at the start until Kelly is fit.

with the curent patch anyone mange to sell people with semi decent value ? like enrique, agger,skrtel,reina,johnson they dont sell them anymore in the first window ( i seem not to be able to get a decent price) even after the first season even with a treble

agger valued 15mil only monaco wants for like 6mils.... enrique skrtel reina johnson no one wants to buy them

Season two, tweaking things a little bit. Still found it very hard to sell players if you offer them out.

Transfers (pretty much done now, maybe one or two more youngsters to come)

zXu3gPa.png

This is how much team is looking now. As I have a young team, I'll be rotating a fair bit. Since I sold Coutinho (didn't even play 20 games coz of injury, and was rubbish), I got rid of using an AMC, to go for another striker. Also trying to bring in Vietti as another striker

B08hsy6.png

Also the board got me Zenit as a feeder club, so pretty happy with that

Yeah last season I got Genk coz I needed somewhere to send my work permit guys.

And this time I asked for a way to expand my youth network or something, and they gave me the options of two Scottish clubs and Zenit. So now I have first option there!

Season 6 (2018/19) Review

Perhaps the best season I have ever had in the game winning everthing despite several lengthy injuries to key players.

RESULTS

Community Shield WINNERS (1-0 Man City)

Euro Super Cup WINNERS (p0-0 Juventus)

Club World Champs WINNERS (2-0 Cruz Azul)

Capital One Cup WINNERS (e4-1 Chelsea)

FA Cup WINNERS (3-0 Man United)

Champions League WINNERS (2-0 Chelsea)

Premier League WINNERS (100pts)

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewProfile-8_zpsf4690cae.png

I am not sure which was better, getting 100 points or seeing Arsenal and Everton go down :p

PLAYERS

I tried to give my younger players more games and rotated a lot.

Alberto Cerri was once again my top scorer but he now partnered by my 18 year French Wonderkid Julien (who I have just turned down a 66 million bid for)

My new ML with the unpronouncable surname set a new average rating record and my Keeper Baby won the Golden Glove.

Jerome Sinclair has started to show a little bit of club form although still not a patch on his England performances (he now has 33 goals in 34 games for England)

Coutinho was awesome in the few games he managed to play. He had a injury plagued season and finished with the stats Played 14 Goals 10 Assists 10 Avg 8.20.

Also want to mention Robbile Giles as the only product of the youth system to make the first team.

Liverpool_HistoryBestEleven-7_zpsc4b3c023.png

I am gonna let Suarez and Toure go. They are on high wages and dont play much. I have bought Mesut Ozil for 5 million and Xabi Alonso for 150k :)

Thankfully Anfield is ready for business and we can leave Manchester...

Sturridge is not very good in the game right now. He's hardly developed at all and now he's stalled completely at 2 and 1/2 stars which is the lowest in my first team squad. I don't think his professionalism is high enough as he doesn't train well and is always complaining if asked to do anything extra. I was playing him as an inside forward. I'm selling him for £14m now.

Suarez is incredibly irritating too. He can be amazing for 4 games and then dire for another four. He scored 7 in 5 games at the start of the season and then failed to score at all in 5 games when he had numerous CCCs. My assistant tells me he's best played as an inside forward on support but he doesn't score or create enough from that position to justify his wages. Unless he scores more than 20 in the league this season (second) then I'm selling him at the end as he's not worth the £150k or more that he'll demand when I renew his contract. I play him as a complete forward in a 4-2-3-1.

Sturridge is not very good in the game right now. He's hardly developed at all and now he's stalled completely at 2 and 1/2 stars which is the lowest in my first team squad. I don't think his professionalism is high enough as he doesn't train well and is always complaining if asked to do anything extra. I was playing him as an inside forward. I'm selling him for £14m now.

Suarez is incredibly irritating too. He can be amazing for 4 games and then dire for another four. He scored 7 in 5 games at the start of the season and then failed to score at all in 5 games when he had numerous CCCs. My assistant tells me he's best played as an inside forward on support but he doesn't score or create enough from that position to justify his wages. Unless he scores more than 20 in the league this season (second) then I'm selling him at the end as he's not worth the £150k or more that he'll demand when I renew his contract. I play him as a complete forward in a 4-2-3-1.

Both are insanely underrated in this game. If there is one thing Suarez is in real life, its consistent. Many players IRL who are far inferior to Suarez are rated higher in this game. I also think they have made Mingolet half as good as he really is. I know he is not world-class, but he isn't nearly as bad IRL as he is in this game.

Just completed my fifth season, finally winning the Champions cup which had escaped me the previous two years. Defeated Real Madrid 3-1 after losing to them 0-2 in the final the previous year.

So far I've won

Premier title (4x in a row)

FA Cup (2x, 3rd and 5th seasons)

League Cup (2x, 3rd and 5th seasons)

Champions Cup (1x, 3x finalist)

and I was a Euro Cup finalist in my second season, but lost to Arsenal on pens. Also lost to Chelsea on pens in my first Champions cup final.

My save MVP has definitely been Domenico Berrardi, a young Italian striker who joined my squad halfway through my third season to replace Suarez, and has been absolutely stellar in every respect. 20+ goals and 30+ assists every season, and he's having to share goals with Christian Eriksen and Mario Balotelli who have been fantastic as well.

Another signing I can't recommend enough is Steven Caulker from Cardiff. Not only is he defensively great but he scores off corners like a boss. Great compliment to Sakho and Kelly (who have both developed extremely well for me).

I lost Suarez due to a bug where he said I broke my promise about qualifying for Champions league even though that's exactly what I did. It was a blessing however as I was able to sign Berrardi who has been far better for me than Suarez ever was. I run a DLF(S)/CF(A) striker set-up and Suarez never excelled with either role. With Berrardi as a DLF creating goals and Balo as a CF applying the finishes I've been pretty unstoppable offensively.

Okay that's enough. :D

Sturridge's "likes to shoot from distance" ppm annoys the hell out of me. He never scores from it and wastes so many opportunities!

Season 6 (2018/19) Review

Perhaps the best season I have ever had in the game winning everthing despite several lengthy injuries to key players.

RESULTS

Community Shield WINNERS (1-0 Man City)

Euro Super Cup WINNERS (p0-0 Juventus)

Club World Champs WINNERS (2-0 Cruz Azul)

Capital One Cup WINNERS (e4-1 Chelsea)

FA Cup WINNERS (3-0 Man United)

Champions League WINNERS (2-0 Chelsea)

Premier League WINNERS (100pts)

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewProfile-8_zpsf4690cae.png

I am not sure which was better, getting 100 points or seeing Arsenal and Everton go down :p

PLAYERS

I tried to give my younger players more games and rotated a lot.

Alberto Cerri was once again my top scorer but he now partnered by my 18 year French Wonderkid Julien (who I have just turned down a 66 million bid for)

My new ML with the unpronouncable surname set a new average rating record and my Keeper Baby won the Golden Glove.

Jerome Sinclair has started to show a little bit of club form although still not a patch on his England performances (he now has 33 goals in 34 games for England)

Coutinho was awesome in the few games he managed to play. He had a injury plagued season and finished with the stats Played 14 Goals 10 Assists 10 Avg 8.20.

Also want to mention Robbile Giles as the only product of the youth system to make the first team.

Liverpool_HistoryBestEleven-7_zpsc4b3c023.png

I am gonna let Suarez and Toure go. They are on high wages and dont play much. I have bought Mesut Ozil for 5 million and Xabi Alonso for 150k :)

Thankfully Anfield is ready for business and we can leave Manchester...

Everton & Arsenal going down :p

I have been reading this thread with interest and decided that now is a good time to post something as I have just finished my first season. I eventually finished 3rd in the league with 72 points 5 behind champions Chelsea and Man Utd a point behind them in second. It was pretty close between the top 5 and I only secured my CL qualification on the final day of the season (I think I needed Arsenal and / or Tottenham to drop points).

The cups were no great shakes but I wasn't too bothered about that.

Transfer wise I brought Fernando (DM) from FCP for £3.8m and Jonathan Dos Santos (DM) from Barcelona for £1.8m before the season started as it looked like Lucas was going to receive a bid I just can not refuse. Now both players are listed because I have changed how I play from 4-3-3 (back 4, DM, 2 x CM, AMR, AML, SC) to something close to a 4-2-4 (back 4 again, 2 x CM, AMR, AMC, AML, SC) and it appears to have worked with the little tweaks I have added.

In January I added Ibai Gomez from Barcelona on loan, and Eduardo Salvio from SLB on loan.

I really nead to learn how to create these screenshots to show you.

In the summer I have added Bakkalli from PSV for £5m, Mutch from Cardiff for £2.5m and Ward-Prowse from Southampton for £18.5m also Gomez and Salvio are returning for a second season on loan. So far only Suso has left on loan although I am looking to offload Assaidi, Aspas, Johnson, Coates, and a few other fringe players.

I've taken a break from my Plymouth Argyle save as I wanted to do some formation/strategy/tactics testing/practice and I've picked Liverpool as they, with the exception of one position, have the players I want to fit the system I want to try. Also they have some good players but without too high a board expectation.

After reading an interesting thread in the Tactics Forum about Half Backs, I decided this was something I wanted to try. I've come up with the following formation:

Liverpool_TacticsTeam_zpse71a9bfc.png

I've seen a lot of people using the 451/433 formation with Liverpool, but I'm not really a fan of lone striker formations. However I wanted to be able to compete with the likely 3 man midfields that prevail in the Premier League without sacrificing width. The formation should be pretty self-explanatory: the two CWBs are given licence to bomb forward almost as wingers with the HB dropping back to ensure the defense is not under-manned. The two CMs are mainly holders to provide shape, while the front three move between the lines to exploit space. Basically, out of possession a narrow-ish 41212; in possession a 3232. I've chosen a Rigid philosophy as I want my players to stick to their assigned roles and a Control strategy as I want to be on the front foot during games and forcing the opposition to react to me, rather than the other way round.

The first three pre-season games have been mostly successful, though two were against weak teams.

Away from the tactics, I've done the following transfer business:

In

Anthony Reveiliere (Free)

Havard Nordtveit (£4.5m)

Will Hughes (£9mil)

John Souttar (£1.5m)

Out

Pepe Reina (£9.75m)

Some loans (Flanagan, Wisdom)

With these signings I should have sufficient cover for all positions and can hopefully make a concerted effort for domestic trophies without suffering player burnout.

My only two headaches are what to do with Sterling (retrain as an AF?) and how best to play Suarez.

I personally think that in a DM position, a halfback is almost always the more effective option for a side like Liverpool until you have a world class side.

Having a halfback means that you basically have a third centreback (with a bit more roaming around positions) which is really helpful for many situations.

If you are confident enough in using a Regista however, Gerrard is incredibly well suited as one and so is Lucas because of his poor strength but above average creative attributes.

What do people do with Gerrard and Glen Johnson? They're both coming to the end of their contracts (2015). Gerrard wants a one year extension but I'd prefer if he retired as I don't need him as a player or tutor but I don't want to **** off the fans by letting him leave on a free. Will he retire if I don't play him?

Johnson is younger but wants a contract until 2019 when he'll be 34. I don't know how quickly he'll decline but with fullbacks like him it can be rapid and I don't want to be stuck with a useless player on £60,000 a week. I am playing him regularly and he performs well as a complete full back.

I'm selling Agger and Skrtel in the summer (2015) as they'll only have one year left and want ludicrous wages. I also have Kelly, Caulker, Doria and Sakho so they're not really needed at all.

What do people do with Gerrard and Glen Johnson? They're both coming to the end of their contracts (2015). Gerrard wants a one year extension but I'd prefer if he retired as I don't need him as a player or tutor but I don't want to **** off the fans by letting him leave on a free. Will he retire if I don't play him?

Johnson is younger but wants a contract until 2019 when he'll be 34. I don't know how quickly he'll decline but with fullbacks like him it can be rapid and I don't want to be stuck with a useless player on £60,000 a week. I am playing him regularly and he performs well as a complete full back.

I'm selling Agger and Skrtel in the summer (2015) as they'll only have one year left and want ludicrous wages. I also have Kelly, Caulker, Doria and Sakho so they're not really needed at all.

I would try to give them both higher wages and shorter deals in terms of years. If you've qualified for the Champions League they both fill in some slots for the home-grown players. I would also be wary of selling both Skrtel and Agger. I would keep one, preferably Skrtel as he is rated higher and less injury-prone. He performs well for me for the most part.

see here I cant play the game anymore as the transfers are ridiculously biased you sold johnson for 1 mil( in the start save you can sell johnson for like 18 to 25 mill pre 14.2 patch now probly 8 to 10, agger for 25 then after patch 8 to 10 I really dont like the way they changed it because now IM forced to buy players on higher price but I cant seem to sell my players for their value or even 90 percent of their current value) I had a blast playing before the 14.2 now it just worst the ME is improved BUT managing the team itself gone to worse especialy the transfers

see here I cant play the game anymore as the transfers are ridiculously biased you sold johnson for 1 mil( in the start save you can sell johnson for like 18 to 25 mill pre 14.2 patch now probly 8 to 10, agger for 25 then after patch 8 to 10 I really dont like the way they changed it because now IM forced to buy players on higher price but I cant seem to sell my players for their value or even 90 percent of their current value) I had a blast playing before the 14.2 now it just worst the ME is improved BUT managing the team itself gone to worse especialy the transfers

Fair criticism, if you have the editor you can increase your transfer budget to compensate for it.

I kept Gerrard until he retired. He did at least ask for lower wages each time he renewed his contract. Now he is on the coaching staff.

On a side note I just played Chelsea in the champions league final and they had a 40 year old Lampard in the team!

Glenn Johnson was sold by me as soon as I switched to 3 at the back. If I had kept a back 4 I would have kept him on probably.

As far as the transfer prices go the only players I seem to get good bids on are regens. Any real players in my sqaud they won't even match the VALUE let alone the asking price. My french wonderkid striker regen has now had 5 bids from PSG for 66 million. I reject but they just come back with the same bid.

After the loss beat Man Utd twice in a week Fa cup game & league game my team is scoring goals but im also letting in to many goals as well next step is to work on my defending normally i sell Migonlet in season 2 but gonna keep him if he still the same will get Koval in season 3 best keep in the game same as Stegan less wages as well

I agree, it's not realistic in that sense.

One other thing, is it possible to get through a match now without any sort of injury? I swear I pick up at least one per game. Usually only a couple days, so I can cope, but still a bit annoying. I'm resting players after every game, all are fit, I think opposition players are just out to get me!

I kept Gerrard until he retired. He did at least ask for lower wages each time he renewed his contract. Now he is on the coaching staff.

On a side note I just played Chelsea in the champions league final and they had a 40 year old Lampard in the team!

Glenn Johnson was sold by me as soon as I switched to 3 at the back. If I had kept a back 4 I would have kept him on probably.

As far as the transfer prices go the only players I seem to get good bids on are regens. Any real players in my sqaud they won't even match the VALUE let alone the asking price. My french wonderkid striker regen has now had 5 bids from PSG for 66 million. I reject but they just come back with the same bid.

'

glad people seeing it too it just so bad after 14.2 it jsut I might as well fo a Man city or psg and spend money like it grows on tree just feel like selling and buying new players are not justified anymore. I relly wish it comes back to pre pacth 14.2 where my squad (original liv squad can be sold a semi decent money in which i can justify buying new players just like in IRL with the new patch it just dosent feel the same anymore)

I agree, it's not realistic in that sense.

One other thing, is it possible to get through a match now without any sort of injury? I swear I pick up at least one per game. Usually only a couple days, so I can cope, but still a bit annoying. I'm resting players after every game, all are fit, I think opposition players are just out to get me!

injury i get but i limited hassle to standoff oponent or stay it neutral no shout and use stay on feet I fell my injury are lower) the current injury are more biased in giving at least a month of downtime for a player but i think that just me

Season 1 review

League:3rd

Fa cup:R/u

Cap One cup:Q/F

Happy getting top 4 but lost the Fa cup final Gerrard had 15 assists in 19 games image if he played 38 Suarez & Sturridge scored 54 goals between them was gonna overload Skrtel but im gonna keep him as he was my best player & the heart of defence will sign 3 players a striker & 2 defenders or 1 MF Migonlet ill give one more season see if he improves let in alot of goals but ill give him time to prove himself

Archived