FM14: Arsenal Thread - "Remember who you are, what you are and who you represent!"

llama3

Well done ajw10, you'll get the league next time.

I didn't realise Walcott's contract expires in 2016. Went to negotiate with him and he's demanding £180K, 40K Appearance bonus, £20K unused sub fee and a £3.4M loyalty bonus. He performed well for me the year before, but I can't bring myself giving him really anything above his current contract.

However, I have just sold Cazorla for £15M to PSG and would be light on the flanks. I've go Vitinho from CSKA coming in for £100K, but he's mainly back up.

Anyone got any ideas what I should do and any potential replacements for him?

Vitinho did excellently for me when he hit 23/24. He was my second highest goalscorer for one season. I'd sold Walcott for £45m to Man City during the second season as Ox was doing brilliantly and it was hard to refuse! I brought in Vitinho and Bakkali who are both really, really good. I've posted a screenshot of Bakkali in 2018 on page 11 if you'd like a look at how he develops.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finally got myself a striker. Aguero joins for £39m after handing a transfer request. Great summers work.

What kind of wages is he on for you? I got Agüero for my Spurs side the summer before season three and he's on £175K/w for me, though he only cost me €17.75M, which was a real bargain.

I signed Valdes, even though Sczcesny was brilliant for the first season, Sczcesny asked to be back up when we were discussing a new contract, so I've relegated him to the subs bench for the manjority of the season, he'll play at easier CL games, and all C1C & FA Cup games

Season 2014/15

So despite the CL and FA Cup win I felt I needed to clear out the remaining squad players and add some top quality. I put Podolski, Vermaelen, Rosicky and Flamini up for transfer. Gnabry was always coming in for the wing space and I wanted a young CB to replace Vermaelen. I wanted to use the remaining money to bring in another CM and a top class striker.

Transfers In

Chris Ramos (regen RB) - £3m - L.A Galaxy

Steven Caulker - £12.25m - Cardiff

Marco Verratti - £20m - PSG

Sergio Aguero - £39m - Manchester City

Transfers Out

Lukas Podolski - £5.25m - Lyon

Tomas Rosicky - £1m - Saint Etienne

Park Chu-Young - £4.3m - Sampdoria

Johan Djourou - £2.5m - Bologna

Francis Coquelin - £2m - Montpellier

Abou Diaby - free - Bursaspor

Thomas Vermaelen - £13m - PSG

Mathieu Flamini - £2m - Hull

I got a bit lucky with my transfers. Aguero handed in a transfer request due to Manchester City missing out on CL Football and Caulker due to Cardiff being relegated. Verratti wasn't on the list, but after spending £158m on new players they were open to selling Verratti. As well as the players listed the summer saw the likes of Afobe, Yennaris and Miyaichi all released.

August 2014

Community Shield - Manchester United 0-1 Arsenal Giroud 24

A 3rd successive cup final, a 3rd win and Giroud scores for the 3rd game in a row.

PL - Arsenal 5-1 Liverpool Koscielny 37, Mertesacker 45, 75, Ramsey 54, Wilshere 56 Coutinho 5

We fell behind early to Liverpool and looked like we were going to be in for a tough game. Which we were until Koscielny equalised. After then it was all one way traffic. Dominant win.

PL - West Brom 1-3 Arsenal T.Carroll 51 Ridgewell O.G. 6, Cazorla 35, Ozil 58

PL - Southampton 2-4 Arsenal Osvaldo 25, 74 Giroud 27,41, Ozil 79, Aguero 93

An exciting end to end game that last season we would have lost. At 2-2 with the game tight and Giroud injured I would have been happy with a point. Aguero come off the bench with a goal and an assist to continue our 100% start to the season.

Super Cup - Schalke 0-3 Arsenal Aguero 5,56, Ramsey 49

Wow. Aguero was amazing in this game. He completely tore Schalke to shreds who before the game were put in the same CL Group as us.

FM 14 Season 1 - December

PL - Man United 0-1 Arsenal – Ozil 6

December started with the visit to Old Trafford. In recent games he had been showing flashes and finally he came to the party. Mezut Ozil with the early goal in a game where the referee Mark Clattenburg gave very little our way. Great way to start the month if slightly fortuitous.

PL – Fulham 0-0 Arsenal

Playing just three days later I had to make a few changes. Ozil was only fit for the bench. While Vermaelen, Mertersacker and Arteta all missed the game through fatigue. In the end a point wasn’t too bad.

CL – Arsenal 1-1 Zenit – Ozil 12 Arteta s/o 90 – Kerzhakov 2

The season starting to takes it’s toll as again I had to rotate. Wilshere, Cazorla, Giroud along with Szszesny and Mertersacker all rested. Balanta was preferred to Koscienly. Zenit played well all evening and were full value for the point the gained. A smart move allowed Kerzhakov to tap home from a yard out and although Ozil got us level Zenit always looked the more likely to score. Arteta stupidly got sent off in the last few seconds.

PL – Arsenal 3-0 Norwich City – Ozil 31 53 Mertersacker 54 Gibbs s/o 71

We suffered a blow before the game with Szszesny rules out for four to five weeks. Again it was Ozil who was the star of the show scoring a brace and setting up mertersacker for the third. Gibbs made it back to back red cards after Arteta against Zenit and will miss the League Cup game at City although wouldn’t have played anyway.

LC qf – Man City 1-3(AET) Arsenal – Negredo 66 – Vietto 54 105 Cazorla 112

I named a pretty strong side for the City game. Only resting Podolski and Giroud. Ozil, Chamberlain and Walcott made for a powerful bench. We took twenty minutes to have a shot in the first half. The best chance falling to Nasri but he was denied by Zieler. We took the lead early in the second half as Vietto was put through but Negredo cancelled it out. We were a bit lucky when rodwell well went off injured and city had to play the whole of extra time with tem men having used their subs. Maybe it was my decision to tell the team to up the hardness of tackles that helped. Having been twice thwarted by Pantimillion, Vietto gave us the lead and cazorla wrapped it up.

PL – West Ham 0-1 Arsenal – Vietto 1

In a rehearsal for the fa cup and league cup ties we traveled to upton park. Both first choice centre backs were missing meaning Kosocelny and Balanta started together. Vietto was preferred to Giroud and took 27 seconds to make a mark. After that we were pretty poor for the first hour but stepped in up for the last third but Adrian was in terrific form in the West Ham goal.

PL – Arsenal 4- 0 – Swansea - Wilshere 10 Walcott 15 40 Vietto 32

My turkey tasted very nice on Christmas day with a four point lead at the top. That would be extended to five points after United lost at Chelsea. With two matches in 3 three days I took the decision against Swansea to play the stronger x1. It went perfectly as we rampaged past Swansea with some breath-taking stuff. Walcott scoring the pick of the goals with a beautifully executed chip over Vorm. We also hit the woodwork three times.

PL – Stoke 0-1 Arsenal – Walcott 80

Smash and grab. We took 77 minutes to have a shot. With our second Walcott scored the winner. Very very lucky. Stoke had 17 shots to our 2. Had 61% possession and 9 corners to our 4. Stuff of champions. Zieler has now kept three clean sheets in a row.

Premier League Table top 5

Six out of six clean sheets for December. We play Everton next

1. Arsenal Played 19 points 49

2. Everton Played 19 points 44

3. Man United Played 19 Points 42

4. Chelsea Played 19 points 38

5. Tottenham played 20 points 36

-------------------------------------

8. Man City played 19 Points 27

10. Liverpool played 18 points 26

Goalscorers

No goals for Giroud. 4 for Ozil and Vietto. 3 for Theo

Walcott 19

Giroud 15

Vietto 11

Cazorla 8

Ozil 5

Assists

Ozil 10

Giroud 8

Cazorla 8

Arteta 6

Sagna 5

Average rating – minimum 5 games

Mertersacker 7.88

Giroud 7.70

Vietto 7.62

Walcott 7.45

Ozil 7.39

Player of the month – Mezut Ozil

Ozil seemed the obvious choice but Mertersacker wasn’t far behind.

PL – Man United – 7.7(1)

PL – Fulham – 6.8 – on70

CL gs - Zenit St Petersburg – 7.6(1)

PL – Norwich – 9.4(2)

LC qf - Man City – 7 - on81

PL - West Ham – 6.8

PL – Swansea – 9.0

PL – Stoke – Not Selected

Game of the month

West Brom 2-2 ManCity – Gera 49 Long 87 – Negredo 24 Silva 39

It was a poor month for City. Newcastle beat them 4-1 (nearly game of the month too) , United beat them 3-1, Tottenham beat them 2-1 and we knocked them out of the League Cup. Three times in the month West Brom came from 2-0 down to get results. Everton they 2-2 Cardiff they drew 3-3 and Man City they drew 2-2.

Stat of the month

The New boys

A check on how the new signings have started. Some here some elsewhere.

Balanta - Played 7(2) Goals 0 Average Rating 6.86 – First team

Vietto – Played 9(5) Goals 11 Average Rating 7.62 – First Team

Darder - Played 5(1) Goals 0 Average Rating 6.88 – First Team

Balleste – Played 10 Conceeded 16(3) Average Rating 6.68 – On Loan at Leyton Orient

Lara – Played 9 Conceeded 10(2) – Average Rating 6.72 – Arsenal Under 21’s

Zieler – Played 9 Conceeded 5(5) – Average Rating 6.86

other stuff

Busy!

Brendan Rogers was sacked as Liverpool manager. Wenger took over.

The world cup draw was made. England dew Italy, Ghana and USA. No stand out group of death but Brazil play Portugal in the opening game.

In the Fa Cup we drew West Ham away. City visit Villa Park while Tottenham win a trip to Bournemouth.

In the League Cup we play West Ham in the semis with the first leg at home. In the other semi Stoke play Chelsea.

Finally in draw news having topped out group I was hoping for a kinder draw. We didn’t really get it with Napoli. It could’ve been worse though Chelsea drew Dortmund, united will play Zenit. City play Real Sociadad while Juventus vs Real Madrid was the glamour tie. Ajax vs Barcelona isn’t bad ether.

Messi won World player of the year. Ronaldo second and Fabregas third. Mertersacker and Giroud were both named in team of the year. Zaha won golden boy.

In the domestic awards I won the manager of the month again. Eriksen at spurs won player of the month while lamela was voted young player.

RACE FOR THE TITLE

Current Results

December Matches

Tottenham 2-1 Man City – Paulinho Dembele - Dzeko

Man United 0-1 Arsenal - Ozil

Tottenham 2-1 Chelsea – Dawson Dembele - Terry

Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool – Skrtel o.g – Suarez Sturridge

Man City 1-3 Man United – Nasri – Kagawa Nani Carrick(p)

Chelsea 2-1 Man United – Eto’o 2 - Welbeck

January Preview

Arsenal vs Man City

Tottenham vs Liverpool

Tottenham vs Man United

January preview

The Fa Cup starts. The League Cup semi finals take place. In the league we face Everton and City

Also the transfer window opens. I will be breaking the back for Lewandowski and a few others for next season while possibly loaning a target man.

56084148-e7fc-4da7-894a-cfd30cd71d4c_zps1ad0d2e6.jpg

February Update

03/02/14 | Barclays premier League | Etihad

Arsenal 0

Man City 1 ( Guidetti 89)

08/02/14 | Barclays Premier League | The Hawthorns

Arsenal 0

West Brom 0

11/02/14 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

Arsenal 3 ( Giroud 14 & 56 & 67)

Fulham 0

15/02/14 | FA Cup(Rd 5) | Emirates

Arsenal 2 ( Bendtner 35 , Flamini 57)

Newcastle 0

22/02/14 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

Arsenal 2( Mertesaker 32 , Walcott 57)

Liverpool 0

25/02/14 | UEFA Champions League (1st K/O Rd Leg 1) | Vicente Calderon

Arsenal 4 ( Walcott 53 , Villa O/G 67 , Giroud 69 , Walcott 87)

A. Madrid 5 ( Leo 5 , Khacheridi 23 , Nsue 37 , Leo 67 & 69)

League : 27 played , 43 scored , 5 conceeded

Wow ajw10 that is some impressive summer business.

How are you fitting Aguero in? Rotating with Giroud?

I started with Giroud with Aguero benched. Aguero's starting now Giroud is injured. I'll definitely rotate between him, Giroud and Ozil. I wanted someone like Aguero because he can play in two positions.

Has anyone else noticed how the new patch has suddenly made walcott much more effective from the wing? (that and dropping 'retain possession' and picking 'pass into space' as team instructions). He just scored 4 against fulham from out wide in season 1, having scored that many all year in my game on the previous patch.

Also liking the slightly unrealistic Pogba wanting to leave Juve that's happening. And the lack of competition I experienced in terms of people trying to buy him. One more big ugly ball winner in the squad, and thats my midfield sorted for the next 8 years......

Has anyone else noticed how the new patch has suddenly made walcott much more effective from the wing? (that and dropping 'retain possession' and picking 'pass into space' as team instructions). He just scored 4 against fulham from out wide in season 1, having scored that many all year in my game on the previous patch.

Also liking the slightly unrealistic Pogba wanting to leave Juve that's happening. And the lack of competition I experienced in terms of people trying to buy him. One more big ugly ball winner in the squad, and thats my midfield sorted for the next 8 years......

How are you setting up the rest of your side? Is Walcott playing as a Winger(a) with get further forward?

FEBRUARY 2015

PL - Crystal Palace 3-2 Arsenal - Wilshere (7), Drogba (32)

This match ended an unbeaten run of 30 matches. But was the start of a good run again.

PL - Chelsea 0-2 Arsenal - Koscielny (57), Giroud (64)

I feared a tough match, but won quitte comfortable. Used a new strategy with 1 DM and 2 MC, instead of 2 MC and 1 AMC.

PL - Arsenal 3-0 Wigan - Ramsey (13), Ox (19), Ozil (pen 78)

New strategy working fine!

PL - Arsenal 3-0 Everton - Walcott (39), Giroud (44), Balanta (84)

Another easy win, dominated whole game with about 70% possession.

PL - Arsenal 6-0 Birmingham -Ox (7,20), Ramsey (37,39), Mertesacker (55), Podolski (61)

Scoring for fun against the nr. 20 in the league.

PL - Newcastle 2-3 Arsenal -Giroud (pen 18, pen 35, 37)

A very tough match which I won with some luck, last 20 minutes Newcastle completely dominated but Szczesny kept me in.

CL - Galatasaray 1-4 Arsenal - Bender (15), Wilshere (75,80), Vela (86)

Dominated the whole match but almost forgot to score more, untill the Wilshere goal in 75.

MARCH 2015

LC final - Stoke 2-3 Arsenal - Vermaelen (21), Ramsey (23), Drogba (34)

Fielded my 'B squad' and all went fine with 3 goals up. But Stoke were another team in 2nd half. Lots of tackles and cards resulting in 2 injuries on my side...they managed to score 2.

Hello all, just thought I would give you all a little update for my 4-3-1-2 formation after 10 games. Screenie below shows the line up that has been the most effective. Giroud has been superb & have been rotating his partner between Vietto, Walcott & Schürrle in the AF role.

ScreenShot2013-12-06at161434_zpsfed265d1.png

Results which I'm pretty chuffed with - loss to City at home was disappointing & the Chelsea defeat was annoying too as they got a last second winner, also in the away game to Newcastle Giroud missed a 89th min penalty!

P 10 W 7 D 1 L 2 F 23 A 11

ScreenShot2013-12-06at161247_zps3e5ac133.png

Thanks for all your advice & tips dudes :thup:

January 2015

FA - Leeds United 0-2 Arsenal - Sanogo, Oxlade-Chamberlain

PL - Nottingham Forest 0-0 Arsenal

PL - Watford 1-2 Arsenal - Ozil, Giroud

PL - Arsenal 2-0 Hull - Giroud (2)

FA - Stoke City 2-2 Arsenal - Oxlade-Chamberlain, Vermaelen

PL - Arsenal 1-0 Fulham - Giroud

PL - Aston Villa 0-2 Arsenal - Giroud, Podolski

UEFA Champions League - First Knockout Round

AC Milan v Arsenal

FA Cup - 4th Round Replay

Arsenal v Stoke City - Winner faces West Brom or Bolton in Round 5

Premier League

1 - Arsenal - 50 (24 games)

2 - Man Utd - 48 (24 games)

3 - Chelsea - 47 (24 games)

4 - Liverpool - 43 (23 games)

5 - Tottenham - 42 (23 games)

6 - Man City - 38 (22 games)

Player of the Month

Younes Kaboul (Tottenham)

Young Player of the Month

Sean Murray (Watford)

Goal of the Month

Joe Allen (Liverpool)

Manager of the Month

David Moyes (Man Utd)

Starting to grind some form and results together and have returned to the top of the table. My squad is fit, time for the run-in!

February's games:

H Stoke (FA4R)

A Liverpool (PL)

H Southampton (PL)

A West Brom/Bolton (FA5) - if I beat Stoke

A Milan (UCL)

A Newcastle (PL)

H Stoke (PL)

February 2015

FA - Arsenal 2-1 Stoke - Wilshere, Podolski

PL - Liverpool 1-0 Arsenal

PL - Arsenal 5-1 Southampton - Vermaelen, Giroud (2), Walcott, Romero og

FA - Bolton 0-2 Arsenal - Oxlade-Chamberlain, Koscielny

UCL - Milan 1-1 Arsenal - Oxlade-Chamberlain

PL - Newcastle 1-1 Arsenal - Cazorla

PL - Arsenal 3-2 Stoke - Ozil, Giroud, Flamini

FA Cup - 6th Round

Tottenham v Southampton

Derby v Man Utd

Liverpool v Hull

Newcastle v Arsenal

UEFA Champions League - First Knockout Round

Arsenal (1) v (1) Milan

Premier League

1 - Chelsea - 62 (29 games)

2 - Arsenal - 57 (28 games)

3 - Man Utd - 55 (28 games)

4 - Tottenham - 55 (28 games)

---------------------------------

5 - Man City - 51 (28 games)

6 - Liverpool - 50 (26 games)

Player of the Month

Erik Lamela (Tottenham)

Young Player of the Month

Jack Butland (Stoke)

Goal of the Month

Shaun Maloney (Wigan)

Manager of the Month

Jose Mourinho (Chelsea)

Upcoming fixtures:

H Man City (PL)

A Newcastle (FA6)

H Milan (UCL)

H Cardiff (PL)

A Norwich (PL)

In our run-in we still have Chelsea & Man Utd away, before Spurs away on the final day of the season - could be very interesting potentially!

Won my game in hand at home to Man City with an 88th minute thunderbolt from Flamini into the top corner from outside the area - that's 2 goals and 2 man of the match performances in a week for Flamini!

Form is improving, play is improving, reasons to be hopeful getting into business end.

Shades of 1980; losing 1-0 to Second Division West Ham & Trevor Brooking's header in the FA Cup Final, and then losing on penalties to Valencia in Brussels in the Cup Winners Cup Final after a goalless draw a few days later.

Archived