[FM 13.3] USA Expansion v1: MLS, NASL, USL PRO, PDL, NPSL, NCAA

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is there any chance you could uploaded what you have done now :) just do the US Cup way you hink there gonna set it up

I'll upload once I finish doing the PDL, I've changed the teams in the database, now I need to redo the rules for those leagues a little. Not a lot of work I just don't have much time this weekend. To be honest, I didn't expect SI to get the update done so quick.

Name Changes

Virginia NASL - Virginia Cavalry

Ottawa NASL - Ottawa Fury

Hamilton FC Rage rebranded as K-W United FC

IMG Academy rebranded as IMG Academy Bradenton

New Jersey Rangers rebranded as NJ-LUSO Rangers FC

Palmetto FC Bantams rebranded as South Carolina United Bantams

VSI Tampa Flames (PDL) rebranded as VSI Tampa Bay FC (PDL)

MLS-USL Pro Alliance

On January 23, 2013, USL Pro announced an alliance with Major League Soccer. For the 2013 season, four MLS teams will affiliate with USL Pro teams in lieu of participating in the MLS Reserve League system. These MLS clubs will loan at least four of their reserve players to their USL Pro affiliate club for development purposes.

All USL Pro teams will play two matches each with the remaining MLS Reserve League teams. Those matches will count toward USL Pro standings, giving each team a total of 26 games.[3]

The following teams will affiliate:

Sporting Kansas City — Orlando City Soccer Club

New England Revolution — Rochester Rhinos

D.C. United — Richmond Kickers

Philadelphia Union — Harrisburg City Islanders

USL Pro teams will play MLS Reserve teams as listed below. Except for Antigua Barracuda FC (who will play two MLS reserve teams on the road), each set will be a home-and-away arrangement.

Antigua Barracuda FC — FC Dallas and San Jose Earthquakes

Charleston Battery — Houston Dynamo

Charlotte Eagles — Chicago Fire

Dayton Dutch Lions — Columbus Crew

Harrisburg City Islanders — Colorado Rapids

Los Angeles Blues — Los Angeles Galaxy

Orlando City — Seattle Sounders FC

Pittsburgh Riverhounds — Toronto FC

Phoenix FC — Real Salt Lake

Richmond Kickers — Vancouver Whitecaps FC

Rochester Rhinos — Montreal Impact

VSI Tampa Bay FC — Portland Timbers

Wilmington Hammerheads — New York Red Bulls

http://www.uslsoccer.com/home/690369.html

will your version 0.25 be ok play now...cant wait too start new career with ur file :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?em5g42ha6doea8g

Here's the latest file I'm working on. Its a zipped xml not a dbc, so you'll need to extract it first. I don't have time to test it properly yet, so you may use it at your own risk. You'll need to select 2013 as a start date (by also selecting Canada), starting in 2012 will end with a crash dump in November. Other than that it should work.

PDL format should be according to 2013 although I have still yet to amend the post season playoff dates, but this shouldn't cause a big issue.

I won't update the OP until I release a version which I have thoroughly tested.

Do NCAA teams bleeding money result in getting the sack? Downloaded this yesterday and so far that is really my only big concern so far.

Hard to say if you'd get the sack, but the finances are something I'm working on. So far I've been trying to keep the NASL and USL PRO teams financially stable after a few seasons, while staying what I would presume to be realistic. I've done this by setting TV revenue at the start of the season as I don't know if prize money exists in these leagues. Changing contract types didn't help much as US teams cannot offer youth contracts so it makes signing even a poor young player a big dent in the wage budget. I've added the possibility for these teams to sign players on non-contract terms to help this a little.

As for NCAA I've done a test also adding some TV revenue and the finances of teams now seems to be stable. Of course life in FM is never easy and the downside of this is that with some extra cash many of the NCAA teams are now turing semi-pro or pro, so thats also not good. Sigh!

I know this sounds off, but when you look at "non-revenue" college sports this is essentially what happens. What if you gave all ncaa teams an underwrite sugar daddy to cover all loses at the end of the season?

Are teams turning semi pro to pro even if they are still losing money in your tests?

I know this sounds off, but when you look at "non-revenue" college sports this is essentially what happens. What if you gave all ncaa teams an underwrite sugar daddy to cover all loses at the end of the season?

I think this is a good solution. Also I would set a transfer embargo upon them to avoid them buying players with that money (although I don't know if that affects the draft).

What are the disadvantages of the NCAA sides bleeding money? To me that would make it more realistic since they then can't buy or sell players.

The problem is with the manager potentially getting fired for financial instability in spite of successes.

I'll give the "sugar daddy" idea a test tonight, problem is these tests require a lot of time as I need to run the file in full mode to get an idea of how things like finances are affected season after season. Testing if the leagues are working as they should can take a few minutes in view only to go through a season.

In the meantime, I've updated the NPSL to feature teams and setup (at least as much info as I could find) for 2013.

But that's not that big a consequence in the grand scheme of things is it? They're just college coaches in real life.

Winning coaches, particularly if you are the manager of an NCAA team, should not be sacked because college teams are losing money.

Small fix, but can you have IUPUI play in Michael A Carroll stadium? Right now you have them playing at a stadium in Fort Wayne, IN, which is like 100 miles away from the campus :). Also they should own it and the new Indianapolis squad should probably rent it. The long term plan is for them to eventually build their own stadium, but that hasn't been fleshed out yet. Finally, the turf type of that stadium is not grass, but Artificial turf, laid this summer.

Hope this helps, if you need any other info on Indianapolis or Indiana area teams, let me know.

Small fix, but can you have IUPUI play in Michael A Carroll stadium? Right now you have them playing at a stadium in Fort Wayne, IN, which is like 100 miles away from the campus :). Also they should own it and the new Indianapolis squad should probably rent it. The long term plan is for them to eventually build their own stadium, but that hasn't been fleshed out yet. Finally, the turf type of that stadium is not grass, but Artificial turf, laid this summer.

Hope this helps, if you need any other info on Indianapolis or Indiana area teams, let me know.

OK thanks for the info.

Sort of random question. But in the MLS have the number of coaches or scouts been changed. One thing that has always bothered me is starting with only 4 coaches.

No, no such changes have been made.

When you load up my file just select Canada as a playable nation, and then select February 2013 as the start date.

I did this to play in MLS. I noticed that the Superdraft is pretty wonky. It was listed as just a Waiver Draft. Also I am currently in April 2013 but it still says I have 2013 draft picks. Not sure if anyone else noticed this or not, or if I just did something stupid.

Ran into a random "problem". Looked at my college team and requested my scout to get a Team Report. The report came back and said there were no people in any positions. Looking at the team there were like 30 players listed.

It's not a big deal. Just wanted to mention it and see if that happened to others. So far I am loving this database!

How does this actually play when managing a college team? That is where id start if i used this database. Do you have any say in "recruiting" players, or do you only get players through youth intakes? i foresee a problem with that if teams arent making money then improving as a college team would by very difficult as you couldnt improve facilities/youth recruitment ect.

Ugh...constant crash after MLS Cup 2012. Can't get past it regardless of who wins.

Something with the 2012 version of USL PRO was causing this crash, didn't figure out yet what it was. I had mostly been using 2013 as a start date when testing which is why I missed this. Next version won't have this problem.

I found college coaching fairly limited, since you don't really control youth intake. It was more "hit the continue button for a long stretch, play season, see new intakes, repeat."

I agree with a season basically lasting only 2 months, 3 at best you're going to be spending a lot of time continuing. But I've tried to replicate the system as best as I can, and there is only so much can be done with the editor. After all, this game was designed to replicate major domestic leagues like the Premier League and such.

Even PDL and NPSL are too short for me with only around 14 games a season.

Changes in the next version will include:

- Minnesota United FC renamed

- updated US Cup for 2013 season

- NPSL updated to 10 divisions with correct teams for 2013

- some other minor changes

I expect I'll get the above done by Sunday.

Changes in the next version will include:

- Minnesota United FC renamed

- updated US Cup for 2013 season

- NPSL updated to 10 divisions with correct teams for 2013

- some other minor changes

I expect I'll get the above done by Sunday.

Just put together a NY Cosmos side, does this mean they won't be entered into the 2013 US Open Cup? That'd be extremely disappointing.

Just put together a NY Cosmos side, does this mean they won't be entered into the 2013 US Open Cup? That'd be extremely disappointing.

As in real life, Cosmos don't take part in 2013 US Open Cup, or NASL Spring season. That had already been coded into to previous versions I'd uploaded.

cosmos changes you could add if you want

Hunter Freeman

Carlos Mendes

Ayoze

Kyle Reynish

Diego Tempera

Korey Veeder

Dane Murphy ---- sure there is 2 off them so need to remove one

Henry López

Peri Marošević

STAFF

Directors

Honorary President: Pelé

Chairman and CEO: Seamus O'Brien

Chief Operating Officer: Erik Stover

International Ambassadors: Carlos Alberto, Shep Messing

Soccer structure

Director of Soccer: Eric Cantona

Associate Director of Soccer: Cobi Jones

Head Coach: Giovanni Savarese

Assistant Coach: Alecko Eskandarian

Assistant Coach: Carlos Llamosa

Goalkeeping Coach: Guillermo Valencia

Yes NY Cosmos play in US Open Cup from 2014 on along with NASL 2014 expansion teams Ottawa, Virginia and Indianapolis.

Should Ottawa be in the US Open Cup, as they're Canadian?

Btw, this is awesome work you have done.

Should Ottawa be in the US Open Cup, as they're Canadian?

Btw, this is awesome work you have done.

Sorry, typed that without thinking of course they aren't. I must put them into the Canadian Championship from 2014.

Sorry, typed that without thinking of course they aren't. I must put them into the Canadian Championship from 2014.

Excellent!

So there are two Ottawa teams now with almost the same name? Ottawa Fury in the PDL and Ottawa Fury FC in the NASL, are they keeping both? They seem to be. I also hear there's an Ottawa franchise going into the CSL soon.

I'm not sure how the Canadian Championship is going to work from 2014 onwards, but from what I was reading the 2 NASL teams (Edmonton & Ottawa) will playoff in a preliminary round to see who gets the last semi-final spot alongside the 3 MLS franchises.

Archived