[FM 13] Milo Bloom's American Soccer Pyramid (Fictional, 9 Tiers)

I've yet to have any success starting a new game with either of the Canadian databases linked in the OP, both claiming the Canadian divisions are short of teams. Probably related to me still trying to run them on FM12, but any suggestions from the respective creators?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the big issue is that I didn't create that file from scratch, rather I just adjusted what was already in the database, and kind of threw it together quickly.

It was meant to be a filler until another compatible database was made. Those plans seemed to have fell through. Really grateful for theaub5's work. I have a test game going right now, and it's 5+ years in the future and no crashes.

Cheers Milo, appreciate that.

Another kitpack update today, meaning all teams in the top THREE tiers are now covered with Home & Away kits: http://charthero.com/ProjectsKitpackV1c.rar

Couple of nice ones in there, including El Paso, Orlando and Virginia Beach. Starting to find sponsors a little harder to come by- as the cities get smaller, fewer companies mean fewer suitable logos. But that's part of the fun of making them.

Making some good progress on the next logopack update, which should be available by the end of the month and will include all teams up to Tier Five (NSA League One West/East).

Ok, question for Milo or those of you who are Stateside- as I'm making the next Logopack, I've hit a wall with one of the nicknames. I cannot figure out what it's referring to, and it's so distinct that I'm sure it must mean something.

The team in question is Laredo Whoopers. As far as I can tell, a "whooper" is a swan (although Google is pretty sure I meant "Whopper" and wants me to go to Burger King), but that seems a stretch, particularly in relation to Laredo. Is there another meaning to the phrase that I've just completely missed, that's more relevant to Laredo?

Being a native Texan, I have to think this is referring to the Whooping Crane. They migrate to Texas coastal area during the winter. They possibly may be seen as far west as Laredo during their stay, but I am really not sure. I could be totally wrong, but I have never heard any other uses for Whooping or Whooper (other than Whooping cough, which I am sure this isn't referring to).

Also, another question for Milo. When you were designing the league system, did you consider not having to register u21 players for league games?

Ready?

2hdb8d0.jpg

Contains: All logos for teams in Tiers 1-5 (East and West), home and away kits for teams in Tiers 1-4. Also, corrected badge for Bridgeport Hungaria.

As always, FM13 version is untested. Let me know any errors, and I'll correct them ASAP. Folders just need to go straight into the "graphics" folder, as always.

Thanks to Milo as always, and to djennings for both his Whooper knowledge and his Dallas catch.

Complete pack is available here: http://charthero.com/CompletePack1c.rar

Version 1b of the Complete Pack is now available, fixing the Dallas issue and including the Kitpack for the NSA Championship West. Some interesting designs there, including Anaheim Armada, Chandler Tumblers and Long Beach Vikings. As always, any errors, hit me up.

Available Here: http://charthero.com/CompletePack1b.rar

Just knocked together a small file for a bit of variation, a competitions pack. Gives cups/trophies for all senior competitions, league and cup. Works perfectly fine for FM12, and I'll upload it once someone confirms the ID Numbers for the competitions in FM13.

In FM12, they are as follows:

ID# is 1000000XX

Premier League - 24

National League - 25

Federal League - 26

NSA Champ W - 28

NSA Champ E - 29

NSA L1 W - 31

NSA L1 E - 32

NSA L2 W - 34

NSA L2 E - 35

Patriot Select - 37 - 40

Patriot L2 - 42 - 45

Regional Prems - 47 - 54

Cups - 64 - 76

Soccer Bowl - 77

Version 1b of the Complete Pack is now available, fixing the Dallas issue and including the Kitpack for the NSA Championship West. Some interesting designs there, including Anaheim Armada, Chandler Tumblers and Long Beach Vikings. As always, any errors, hit me up.

Available Here: http://charthero.com/CompletePack1b.rar

The home and away kits in the NSA champ. west are the same.

35hmz9c.jpg

Badges and Kits for all teams from Tiers 1-5 now complete, down to NSA League One East/West.

For the first time, competition trophies included- I am unsure if the competition ID numbers are the same in FM13, but have included them nonetheless.

As always, FM13 version released untested- any issues, please get in touch, and I'll look to hotfix ASAP.

Also, if someone could provide FM13 Editor screenshots of Tiers 7 & 8 with ID numbers, that would be extremely useful going forward- at the moment, once I complete Tier 6, the updates will become FM12 only- and I'm probably the only one still playing FM12.

Anyway, this update available for download at: http://charthero.com/CompletePack2.RAR

I certainly am not meaning to bash what you have done here (it really is excellent work!) but the teams seem way overpowered, especially in terms of reputation. The team from New York has a reputation of 9500, which is more than Manchester United and equal to Barcelona. The standard of the teams is much too high, but I can always change it myself with the editor, I suppose. Overall, great work!

Is that so unthinkable? If football were as popular in the US as it is in Europe and the rest of the world (which is the premise of the DB), given the sheer size, the population and wealth of the country, it seems likely there'd be a few clubs ranked right up with the world's elite.

• 2 weeks later...

preview10.png

Logo update this time around, with all 32 Tier 6 (NSA League Two East & West) teams covered for both FM12 & FM13. As always, FM13 is released untested- any issues, hit me up and I'll put them straight ASAP.

Working my way through kits for the same Tier 6 teams as we speak.

This update is available here: http://charthero.com/CompletePack3.rar

So I have downloaded the link for the Canadian database and when I load it, it gives me an error saying that it is asking for 16 teams but only has 15. Are others suffering from this issue? I really want to get it to work to run it in conjunction w/ the American database. Thanks for your time and assistance.

THe new kits doesn't appear in the game

There were no new kits in the latest update, only logos- I am working on these for the next pack, which'll be up by the end of this week.

kf5b3b.jpg

To go with the previous logopack, this now includes the kitpack for all teams down to Tier 6. Some nice ones in here, including Chula Vista, Athens and Rochester. Should be all good for FM12 and FM13, but again FM13 is released untested. Any issues, hit me up and I'll get on them ASAP.

This pack is available here: http://charthero.com/CompletePack4.rar

So I have downloaded the link for the Canadian database and when I load it, it gives me an error saying that it is asking for 16 teams but only has 15. Are others suffering from this issue? I really want to get it to work to run it in conjunction w/ the American database. Thanks for your time and assistance.

I'm also having this issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

I'm getting close to being able to put out another logopack for this database, but have hit another gap in my US knowledge/research.

Could anyone explain why the team of High Point, NC, are known as the Joes? Wikipedia and Google don't seem to want to tell me- any ideas?

I too am having this issue, might have to just create a 16th team. I haven't looked in the editor.

Where do we put the logos, kits, and such from the complete packs on fm13?

FAntastic jobs though with this

Can't help you with the Canadian database- it wasn't created by the same guy as the American Pyramid, and I've never had it working either.

In terms of the graphics, they need to go in the following place:

C:/Users/(Your Name)/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2013/graphics

If the folder doesn't already exist, create it. You might need to reload the skin in the game itself once you've extracted them, or it may pick them up automatically.

/Awesome, figured it out. I had other logos so I had to get creative.

Again, man AMAZING WORK!!

As far as the Canadian one, one team needs to be added to League Three

I've simmed a couple years already, gets pretty wild as far as transfers go. I've seen Neymar go to Phoenix for over $65M, Carlos Tevez went to Dallas, Los Angeles and a couple other team aren't afraid to spend money either. I can post a good report on how it goes if people are interested.

Further to the previous post, I've now completed the latest update to the logopack for FM12, covering all 60 teams that start in the four Patriot Select Divisions. I haven't yet edited the data for FM13, but should have an upload available for both FM12 and FM13 by the end of the week, with a kitpack for those same teams to follow a bit later.

As with the posts earlier in the thread, if someone could take a few minutes to post up a few screenshots with the FM13 ID numbers for teams in the eight USS Regional divisions, I'd really appreciate it.

Hit a bit of a snag- although I've now got the latest set of logos working perfectly fine on FM12, I can't read the ID numbers from the editor screenshots in post #69 to edit them and make them work on FM13- a lot of sixes look like eights and vice versa. To release it for FM13, I need someone to tell me the ID numbers for those 60 Patriot League Select Division teams. As soon as I have those numbers, it should be ready to put up.

This update will also include a couple of revised versions of logos from a few higher-division clubs which aren't quite up to standard, such as Washington Nationals.

• 4 weeks later...
Create a manager, with a name like "holiday manager" Sim 10 years, then retire that manager and create a new one. This will let you select any team you want.

You could also sim without having any manager at all. Just click cancel at the add manager screen, and click continue. (If you don't want to click a million times, you can select how many time the game needs to wait to auto-continue, in the preferences screen.) <- I use my game in Dutch, but it should work like this in English too.

preview12.png

And, with huge thanks to Maviarab for the screenshots, I am now very pleased to be able to release the next pack for both FM12 and FM13, featuring logos for all teams in the four Patriot League Select divisons- North, South, East and West. I'm working my way through kits for these divisions, and will hopefully be able to get that update out in early August, as I've a holiday coming up.

The newest, complete pack is available right here: http://charthero.com/ProjectsToTier7.rar

As always, any issues with the FM13 edition, do let me know, and I'll fix them ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey theaub5, I hacked your Canada file a little to fix the improper number of teams bug that other users have experienced in this thread. May I post it?

My attempt is totally amateur, and is simply the product of me editing the xml file on a trial-and-error basis. I would rather you post an official release but this could be a stop-gap.

• 4 weeks later...

Back again with another "there's a bloody great hole in my American knowledge" question, another name that I'm struggling to find much information about.

Lawrence Rockjocks, based in Lawrence, Kansas. "Rock Jocks" only seems to turn up a not-very-good film about asteroids- is that the connection? Does Lawrence have some sort of role in NASA, or is it referring to something else?

Back again with another "there's a bloody great hole in my American knowledge" question, another name that I'm struggling to find much information about.

Lawrence Rockjocks, based in Lawrence, Kansas. "Rock Jocks" only seems to turn up a not-very-good film about asteroids- is that the connection? Does Lawrence have some sort of role in NASA, or is it referring to something else?

Think it may have something to do with this: http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WMGTA3_Founders_Rock_Lawrence_KS

Also, Lawrence is where the University of Kansas is, whose basketball motto is 'Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk'. May be a dual meaning?

Ah, I think you're onto something with the basketball motto- cheers for that, appreciate it.

I'm now working my way through badges for the teams in the Patriot League Two (which appears to have been renamed Patriot League One for FM13, according to the screenshot in post #69?). I've completed the Central teams, but have the other three (West, South, East) still to come. If someone could give me some screenies of the FM13 ID numbers for teams in those four divisions, I'd be most appreciative.

• 2 weeks later...

I have now completed badges for all sixty of the Tier 8 (Patriot League One) teams, but at the moment am waiting for someone to post the FM13 ID numbers before I upload them- as it stands, I can only post an update for FM12, but would much prefer to put both FM12 and FM13 up at the same time. I'm also a decent way through the Tier 7 (Patriot League Select) kits, so they might also make the next update.

• 2 weeks later...
Quick question, possibly a bit silly: is it possible to play this American league(s) in FM13 Classic version or is it only playable in full fat mode?

have to play it "full fat", you can't load edited databases into FM Classic.

Archived