My Greatest Challenge: Knocking Fergie Right Off His ****ing Perch. And You Can Print That

AK22

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AN493Cx.png

l'OM - Pre-Season 2047/48

So, as defending champions, there's a bit more pressure on us to succeed again this season. Thankfully, the Board are expecting Champions League qualification again, handing out a transfer budget of £35.5m, which is significantly more than I was given this time last year. I'd love to be able to retain our Ligue 1 title, but it will be tough, especially as PSG still have the financial backing to blow us out of the water. Not surprisingly, they're clear favourites with the bookies at 5-2, with us and Lyon at 5-1. The media have us down to finish 3rd.

lfzIPCr.png?1

As well as having a strong league campaign, we really need to step it up in Europe this season, and improve upon the shambles of last year. It's extremely likely we'll be seeded third when the Champions League draw is made, which is likely to mean another tough draw, but we are now the French champions and should be having ambitions of making the knockout rounds.

CAAV9s1.png?1

Compared to last summer, this has been a stellar transfer window, which has seen some exciting prospects join the club with very little money changing hands. In Nils Kleinheider I have finally recruited the anchor midfielder we've been lacking in the squad, who should provide some stability to the midfield and an extra layer of protection to our back four; in particular, I hope this will help our performance in Europe. Aside from Kleinheider and Lokossou, all the other new signings are aged 21 or younger, so were recruited with one eye on the future. That said, I'm expecting Lewis, Benfenati and Viala to all challenge for places in the starting eleven, especially when I look to rotate the squad.

Dirk Beyer - This 'keeper comes with a glowing reference from my scouts. Could be amazing.

Dan Howell - A young English full-back with a lot of potential.

Kivanç Ozlü - Another highly rated German.

Romulus Lokossou - Brought in on a free to cover Misin upfront.

Steffan Hammer - Our third German signing. Again bags of potential.

Hélder Esmoriz - This chap will be our second choice goalkeeper.

Jérôme Viala - A young French signing who will be on the fringes of the first team.

Richard Bernard - This centre-back is tall! Surely a future French international.

Nils Kleinheider - The holding midfielder I've needed since arriving at the club. Another German!

Kieran Lewis - A brilliant loan signing. He'll be first choice left back this season.

Alfredo Benfenati - A fair amount of money spent on this one signing, but he's versatility will be a huge asset.

The new chairman obviously thinks I'm doing a grand job here, as one of his first tasks at the club was to offer me a contract extension. Thanks very much Yannick!

NP9TWQ9.png?1

Well done winning the league.

Thanks Nobby :thup:

what an unreal read. took me weeks to get through that, trying to find time during work etc.

i assume you will continue to play until you reach the top of the managerial list?

looking forward to reading more in due course....

Cheers Wiz - I'm pleased it's keeping you occupied!! Most definitely still more to come, although I can't guarantee that I'll ever make it to the top of the Hall of Fame; that is the aim, though.

Well done conquering another league after Scotland, Germany and Brazil.

When put like that, it doesn't sound like I've conquered that much in this career :D But, still, thanks! :thup:

AN493Cx.png

l'OM - Aug, Sep, Oct & Nov 2047

We'll start in Europe, for a change, where things are going better than last year. Again, we were seeded third, which meant being drawn in a difficult group with Italian champions, Fiorentina, and one of my former teams, Real Betis, but performances have been remarkably better. Having now won all three of our home games, including a 5-0 thumping over Fiorentina, we just need to beat AIK when we travel to Greece for match day six; it won't be a walk in the park, but I'm feeling confident that we'll go through.

Back in France, things are going well too, with points being dropped in just two fixtures. However, as solid as our start has been, PSG have been imperious, with an almost perfect record, and have opened up a significant gap at the top of the table. They also have the best defensive and goal-scoring records, so it's difficult to see them dropping many points as we move through the winter; we'll just need to keep going and see what happens.

cuCXnae.png?1

yWDf9tq.png?1

CfimrMV.png?1

Next Time

Our crucial trip to Greece to play AIK will determine if we qualify for the Champions League knockout rounds; a win would see us through, with a draw meaning that we'll need to rely on Fiorentina beating Betis in the other match in the group. After the winter break, we return to action with a trip to Evian for our Coupe de la Ligue Semi Final, which will be an excellent opportunity to secure a spot in a cup final.

AN493Cx.png

l'OM - Dec, Jan & Feb 2047/48

Well, well, well, what have we hear? PSG have had a major collapse, which has helped us no end, but we have been absolutely brilliant; we haven't lost a game since the beginning of November! And with this, the record books have had to be rewritten too, with records for the most consecutive clean sheets and most consecutive victories being broken. Surely this is the form of champions? Especially now we've opened a nine point gap at the top of the table; it really is ours to throw away.

Having a goalscorer such as Matteo Misin is making our task so much easier, and without his goals I'm certain we would not be in such a good position. Even after such a slow start to the campaign, which included a few weeks laid up with injury, he's now up to twenty goals for the season; we just need to keep him firing for the last few months of the season.

Ballon d'Or Winner - Marco Haushahn (five times now. He really is the new Messi!)

qaiQ6T0.png?1

nNK3jAD.png?1

wqqp6nb.png?1

FXlDJWm.png?1

5NJHRwl.png?1

Next Time

If we're to progress any further in the Champions League we'll need to put in our performance of the season in the second leg against Real Madrid; with them having an away goal to their name, we'll need to be fairly attacking in our outlook if we're to knock them out. There's also a cup final to look forward to, as we'll play PSG for the Coupe de la Ligue in April; that will make Le Classique more competitive than ever!

A great end to last season AK and this season looks as if it's going to be just as successful. PSG are bound to slip up sooner or later

Thanks! And they did :D They've dropped points in six of the nine games played since the start of the year. Twitchy!

Just stick on PSG's tail and you'll be rewarded. Also, that's AEK you're thinking of. If you're travelling to Greece to play AIK you're going in the wrong direction :D
When did AIK get relocated to Greece? ;)

:o :D Oh dear! Fail! And I got an 'A' for Geography! Of course, I know AIK are from Sweden NOT Greece! I'm pretty sure they'd prefer to play their games in Greece, though. Much warmer there :D

AN493Cx.png

l'OM - March, April & May 2048

Back-to-back champions! But only just, as PSG won all eleven of their final games, and pushed us a lot more than I had anticipated; quite an achievement considering our nine point advantage at the end of February. In the end, we needed a record breaking points total to do it, which came in very handy when considering our defeat in Le Classique in the penultimate game of the season; it would have been an extremely tense final week if we hadn't had the title sewn up by then! Once again, the ever-dependable Matteo Misin has been a key figure in our run-in, consistently banging the goals in as the pressure increased. Lest we forget, I signed him on a free transfer; what a bargain!

I'm slightly disappointed that we couldn't add a cup trophy to our league success, with PSG getting the rub of the green in a fairly even Coupe de la Ligue Final; on another day, the result could have been very much reversed in our favour.

o5W0NqY.png?1

EtyoFYH.png?1

33zxkJq.png?1

08vgiGb.png?1

sbzsiSy.png?1

Great to see you end up in France, I had a lot of fun there :) - good luck pushing through to the top three and beyond :thup:
Looking good for another league title.

Thanks chaps! It's proving to be highly enjoyable here, especially with PSG been very strong competition. Hopefully, I can keep them at bay for another year or two :)

AN493Cx.png

l'OM - End of Season 2047/48

Overall, it's been a brilliant season, but it could have been even better if we had beaten PSG in the Coupe de la Ligue Final. Also, it would have been nice to have made the latter stages of the Champions League, but at least by making the knockout rounds it shows we're making some progress.

Qvd5PaE.png?1

lisGpNa.png?1

HD6uzql.png?1

N18swyF.png?1

Good to see us breaking another Ligue 1 record too, having beaten PSG's attendance high. Of course, I'm also pleased to pick up the Manager of the Season award for the second consecutive season.

Ligue 1 - 1st

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round

Coupe de Ligue - Runner-Up

Coupe de France - Not entered

Finances | Transfer Summary

Top Goalscorer - Matteo Misin (35 goals)

Most Assists - Ehab Abdel Aziz (20 assists)

Highest Average Rating - Matteo Misin (7.93)

Fans Player of the Year - Matteo Misin

0cWeaNe.png?1

What a club legend Matteo Misin is turning out to be. He's now scored 69 goals in two seasons at the club, and has quickly established himself as one of Europe's most devastating marksmen; I bet Roma are kicking themselves for letting him leave on a free. I'm also pleased that Lokossou has proven himself as solid back-up to Misin, chipping in with a goal every other game; again, not bad for a free transfer. Defensively, things are starting to improve too, with the back four and 'keeper forming a strong, watertight unit. Unfortunately, left back, Kieran Lewis, will return to his parent club (Tottenham) after his loan deal comes to an end; I'd like to add him permanently to the squad, but the £20m asking price is likely to prove a stumbling block, and we may need to look elsewhere.

8K4CR1L.png?1

O44LShE.png?1

iaqk8Sn.png?1

YnkKMqF.png?1

RlEee3k.png?1

zRnoPlm.png?1

Fergie/José Watch

Back-to-back league titles has seen me gain some ground on the top five:

YBoufPJ.png?1

Surely, it's now only a matter of time before I leapfrog the two ahead of me. In other news, Fergie is now down to third place, with Cengel doing wonders with Spurs. That said, we're all still a long way off Mr. Mourinho.

Tv0dNJ8.jpg?1

jeTRPck.jpg?1

Season     Team              League                     Finish    Cups                             
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013       FK Vidar          Oddsenligaen Avdeling 3    4th       Cupen 1st Round
2014       FK Vidar          Oddsenligaen Avdeling 3    2nd       Cupen 2nd Round
2014/15    Taranto FC 1927   2nd Divisione Girone A     4th       N/A
2015/16    Taranto FC 1927   1st Divisione Girone B     6th       TIM Cup 1st QR, Coppa Italia Lega Pro SF
2016/17    Taranto FC 1927   1st Divisione Girone B     4th       TIM Cup 1st QR, Coppa Italia Lega Pro 2nd Round
2017/18    Taranto FC 1927   1st Divisione Girone B     N/A*      * Resigned 14/12/17
          Tigre             Primera B Nacional         11th      Sacked 26/05/18
2018/19    S. Urfaspor       1. Lig                     1st       Türkiye Kupasi 2nd QR
2019/20    S. Urfaspor       Süper Lig                  8th       Türkiye Kupasi 2nd QR
2020/21    S. Urfaspor       Süper Lig                  N/A*      * Resigned 12/01/21
          Rangers           Scottish Premier League    2nd       Scottish League Cup Winner, Scottish FA Cup SF
2021/22    Rangers           Scottish Premier League    2nd       Scottish FA Cup Winner, Scottish League Cup QF
2022/23    Rangers           Scottish Premier League    1st       Scottish League Cup Winner, Scottish FA Cup QF
2023/24    Rangers           Scottish Premier League    1st       Scottish League Cup Winner, Scottish FA Cup 4R, CL 1st KO
2024       Toronto           MLS                        8th       N/A
2025       Toronto           MLS                        N/A       * Resigned 16/03/25
2024/25    Betis             La Liga                    11th      N/A
2025/26    Betis             La Liga                    4th       Copa del Rey 4th Round
2026/27    Betis             La Liga                    3rd       Champions League Last 16, Copa del Rey 5th Round
2027/28    Betis             La Liga                    3rd       Europa League Winner, Copa del Rey Winner
2028/29    Betis             La Liga                    3rd       Champions League QF, Copa del Rey QF
2029/30    Betis             La Liga                    3rd       Champions League SF, Copa del Rey SF
2030/31    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 7th       N/A
2031/32    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 2nd       DFB Pokal 2nd Round
2032/33    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 2nd       Champions League Winner, DFB Pokal Winner
2033/34    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 1st       Champions League Winner, DFB Pokal Winner, CWC Winner, German SC
2034/35    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 2nd       Champions League 1st KO, DFB Pokal Winner, Euro SC, German SC
2035/36    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 2nd       Champions League Winner, DFB Pokal 2nd Rd, German SC
2036/37    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 2nd       DFB Pokal Winner, Europa League Runner-Up, CWC Winner, Euro SC
2037/38    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 1st       Champions League Winner, DFB Pokal 2nd Rd, German SC
2038/39    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 1st       Champions League Winner, DFB Pokal 3rd Rd, CWC Winner
2040       Palmeiras         Brasileirão                3rd       Paulistão Quarter Final, Copa do Brasil 4th Round
2041       Palmeiras         Brasileirão                1st       Paulistão Winner, Copa do Brasil Quarter Final
2042       Palmeiras         Brasileirão                1st       Paulistão Runner-Up, Copa do Brasil Runner-Up
2042/43    Newcastle         Championship               2nd*      * Only final seven games    
2043/44    Newcastle         Premier League             7th       FA Cup 5th Round, Capital One Cup 2nd Round
2044/45    Newcastle         Premier League             6th       FA Cup 6th Round, Capital One Cup 3rd Round
2045/46    Newcastle         Premier League             N/A       * Resigned 09/12/46
          Marseille         Ligue 1                    3rd       Coupe de France Quarter Final
2046/47    Marseille         Ligue 1                    1st       CL Group Stage, EL 1st KO, Coupe de Ligue QF
2047/48    Marseille         Ligue 1                    1st       Champions League 1st KO Round, Coupe de Ligue Runner-Up

AN493Cx.png

l'OM - Pre-Season 2048/49

Having now secured back-to-back trophies, the pressure is on to make it three in a row. The Board expect us to challenge, which we surely will, handing over a transfer pot of £42.19m, and £1.42m p/w to spend on wages; this is very handy, but still cannot match the resources available to our main rivals, PSG. In fact, they're predicted to win the league, as well as edging the title odds at 5-2 - we're second favourites at 3-1, so there's not so much separating us now.

NNE7sPV.png?1

bG7k4Tw.png?1

Due to the European Championship, pre-season had to be curtailed to just a few games. And those that were played turned out to be bordering on disastrous. Again, we failed to beat PSG in the Trophée des Champions; I just hope that isn't a sign of things to come this season.

PohWKmu.png?1

It's been a solid summer of transfer, with lots of youngsters joining the club, rather than any established talent. Perhaps we could have brought in one or two new faces who would have improved what we already had, but I didn't want to upset the balance of a squad that had a brilliant season previously; only time will tell if this was the right thing to do or not.

Mohamed Sassi - The big money signing of the summer. Already a French international, and should add to our central midfield ranks.

Juan Martin Cisneros - A highly rated Argentine striker.

Patrick Svoboda - Pinched off Leverkusen, he's very young and may not turn out to be much.

Geoffrey Descamps - Young and French. Should be a decent midfielder, but certainly not world class.

Gilles Moreno - Another young French holding midfielder. Could provide back-up cover now, if required.

Andriy Romanets - Still time for this striker to develop. I'm hoping Misin will tutor him.

Hans Rieck - A young full-back. Not amazing, but could do a job every now and again.

Dusan Babic - I'm certain this 17 year old will turn out to be brilliant and make a mockery of his £1.4m transfer fee.

Krystian Herman - Another exciting prospect who comes highly rated by our scouts.

Marrom - Bags of pace and potential, he could become an epic winger.

There's been plenty happening off the pitch this summer, with the approach from Tottenham being the most talked about event. It really was an intriguing offer, with the potential to win some silverware in England (something I'm missing from this career), but as I currently feel settled in France I was happy to stay put and sign an extension to my existing contract. You'll also note that Cengel has now retired from football, so that's another person above me on the Hall of Fame no longer in the running; I just need to catch him!

wtCKsZl.png?1

PHsyVjQ.png?1

jCdH0BE.png?1

auuZRmG.png?1

zUz2Cou.png?1

Full speed ahead!

Definitely! I'm not sure if I'll catch Mourinho, but Fergie's most definitely in vision now :D

Well done on your FMCU award AK22!! A great career as well as a good title, good to see a career continuing from FM13 as well

Thanks Paul :) Yeah, I'm carrying on with this for a bit, although the change to FM14 isn't too far off. I've bought the new game, so it's just a case of deciding when to draw a line under this career.

Thanks Paul :) Yeah, I'm carrying on with this for a bit, although the change to FM14 isn't too far off. I've bought the new game, so it's just a case of deciding when to draw a line under this career.

When you catch Jose, right? ;)

AN493Cx.png

l'OM - Aug, Sep, Oct & Nov 2048

As you will see, our title defense started in fine fashion with a satisfying win over Caen in the opening game of the season. This continued over the following weeks too, with plenty of goals being scored; the defeat to Lille can only be described as a small hiccup in what has been a successful start. Unfortunately, we have lost Matteo Misin to injury, with it looking unlikely that he will return to action before the New Year. We seem to be managing fine without him at the moment, with the rest of the squad chipping in with goals, but there's no doubt we are a better team with him in the starting eleven.

Once again, it's been a tough draw in the Champions League, with us still being seeded third. The trips to Mönchengladbach and London went as well as I had expected, with us being lucky to bring a point back from Germany, but at least we've done the business back in Marseille, beating both the top seeds. We'll just need a point from our final game against AIK to make the last 16, which should be attainable, especially as it's being played on our own patch.

6ril7He.png?1

nYBIJVx.png?1

Gcmn0xw.png?1

n2CFvBw.png?1

Vz6JqHF.png?1

arFYh3V.png?1

Next Time

With a six point advantage, and a game in hand, over our main rivals PSG, I'll be looking to maintain this gap over the winter. There's a few tricky away fixtures over this period, with trips to Bordeaux, Saint-Etienne and Lyon all looking like potential banana skins. All being well, we'll get the result against AIK that we need to progress to the Champions League knockout round; ideally, I'd like to top the group too, but Chelsea are favourites for this, having racked up twelve points already, so we may need to settle for the runners-up spot and a tricky draw in the next round.

AN493Cx.png

l'OM - Dec, Jan & Feb 2048/49

It's been another pleasing winter period for us, and with ten games left to play, we already have one hand on the Ligue One trophy. And it's been a joy to watch too, with goals flying in at a frequent rate, making us the league top goalscorers; not too bad for a side who's first choice number nine has missed three months worth of action. Misin is back now, and I'm sure his presence will give us a lift over the coming weeks, which, all being well, will include a Champions League Quarter Final; after such a comfortable victory in the first leg against Wolfsburg, it would take a spectacular collapse for us to fail to progress any further in the competition.

Recently, we've also broken a couple of records too, courtesy of the 14-0 annihilation of Rosader in the Coupe de France. They're a non-league amateur side, who must have thought they'd won the lottery when they were drawn a trip to Marseille. My strikers had an absolute field-day in a game that got ever so embarrassing for our visitors; it's always nice to score fourteen, though!

Ballon d'Or Winner - Marco Haushahn (another - that's number six!!)

World XI - containing my defender, Sébastien Durand

zPBg77D.png?1

PzyjaCa.png?1

9z8ZFoz.png?1

SdGh2Ti.png?1

gSj9NYb.png?1

nWiVc32.png?1

6t34kuO.png?1

3nwrGdr.png?1

Ck9ETc5.png?1

wwg7FcS.png?1

UpwZXdp.png?1

Next Time

We'll travel to Wolfsburg next month, trying to defend our four goal advantage and qualify for the Quarter Final of the Champions League. We've also got a Coupe de la Ligue Final to look forward to, having beaten Le Mans in the last round. We'll face Lyon, who I hope won't pose as much difficulty as PSG did in the corresponding final last season. On top of all of this, we'll host Le Classique in April, where we'll look to put the final nail in PSG's coffin.

AN493Cx.png

l'OM - March, April & May 2049

The last few months of the season proved to be a bit of a mixed bag, but, in the end, we still finished with two trophies in our mits. The league was won at a canter, with the ten point advantage not flattering us at all, although I had expected PSG to be more competitive than they were. We also got close to scoring 100 goals in Ligue, which wasn't a bad achievement considering we had our main striker injured for three months.

In the cups, we made up for last year's disappointment by securing the Coupe de la Ligue with an extra time winner over Lyon. Unfortunately, we couldn't add the Coupe de France to our haul as Le Mans pulled off a shock result in the final of this competition; after such a long season, I can't really fault the team for running out of steam, although I was still expecting to be victorious. In Europe, Man Utd saw us off in the Quarter Final of the Champions League, handing out a thrashing in the second leg at Old Trafford. This was disappointing, as having edged a tight first game in France, I was hopeful of making the last four; by the looks of it, there's still a bit of work to be done on defending leads.

aZHC9UJ.png?2

IpZDX2b.png?1

gZIlB1m.png?1

JeuPqbE.png?1

BYxCSeS.png?1

12cvXwN.png?1

vrO4UVs.png?1

Off the pitch, I've decided to extend my contract for another season; with things going so well, I have no reason to leave. We've also got some improvements to the club's infrastructure being made over the summer too.

9Gi4yac.png?1

A4Muyxd.png?1

mfjcC8p.png?1

Good in the league, hope you can make a good CL challenge as well, that'll shower you with points.

Cheers, but I'm not sure a Champions League win is on the cards yet. We're certainly nowhere as good as my victorious Dortmund side.

Come on, you're so close now. You can't stop until you're at the top surely?

Possibly. FM14 is on hold until they've ironed out the bugs, so I'm carrying on with this for now :)

He's calling for full time on your career.

I'm glad someone picked up on this :D

Go go go!!! :)

Thanks! I'm going :D

Cant believe this is still going well done mate. Not far away now. Possibly the greatest career I've read on here.

Thanks - that's quite a compliment. Yes, I'm still persevering, although I don't know exactly for how much longer!

AN493Cx.png

l'OM - End of Season 2048/49

So that's three league titles in a row, and another excellent season. We also improved our Champions League performance, reaching one round further than last season, so there's lots of positive to talk about.

RwcgKGA.png?1

6NapDGR.png?1

3m6TAfk.png?1

PYdwG4p.png?1

We're slowly climbing up the European rankings, so I'm hopeful that we'll be seeded a bit higher when the Champions League draw is made next season. It's also positive to see the average attendance improving too, although we're still not consistently selling out our home games, so there's no need for an expansion yet.

Ligue 1 - 1st

Champions League - Quarter Final

Coupe de Ligue - Winner

Coupe de France - Runner-Up

Top Goalscorer - Matteo Misin (21 goals)

Most Assists - Stephan Erdmann (27 assists)

Highest Average Rating - Sébastien Durand (7.81)

Fans Player of the Year - Sébastien Durand

nIjQHZu.png?1

Having missed three months with a calf injury, it was pleasing to see Misin still reach the twenty goals mark for the season, which was enough to pick up the topscorer award; I'm pleased that he didn't lose his eye for goal during his layoff. The squad is starting to take shape nicely now, with our two new signings, Benfenati and Sassi, fitting straight in and contributing well. I'd say we're still a bit short in the full-back areas, but them aside, I would say we're getting close to becoming one of the best teams in Europe.

q6Cw2z9.png?1

cHGSuCY.png?1

FGUAO6i.png?1

y49ugjO.png?1

jEat6Y0.png?1

cU7JYep.png?1

Fergie/José Watch

So that's two trophies won this year, which has now bumped me up to fourth in the standings:

pfQgpaA.png?1

I'm only three hundred points off Fergie, so toppling him is now a very realistic possibility.

2U0Ges4.jpg?1

RZ1yoFj.jpg?1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013       FK Vidar          Oddsenligaen Avdeling 3    4th       Cupen 1st Round
2014       FK Vidar          Oddsenligaen Avdeling 3    2nd       Cupen 2nd Round
2015/16    Taranto FC 1927   1st Divisione Girone B     6th       TIM Cup 1st QR, Coppa Italia Lega Pro SF
2016/17    Taranto FC 1927   1st Divisione Girone B     4th       TIM Cup 1st QR, Coppa Italia Lega Pro 2nd Round
2017/18    Taranto FC 1927   1st Divisione Girone B     N/A*      * Resigned 14/12/17
2018/19    S. Urfaspor       1. Lig                     1st       Türkiye Kupasi 2nd QR
2019/20    S. Urfaspor       Süper Lig                  8th       Türkiye Kupasi 2nd QR
2020/21    S. Urfaspor       Süper Lig                  N/A*      * Resigned 12/01/21
          Rangers           Scottish Premier League    2nd       Scottish League Cup Winner, Scottish FA Cup SF
2021/22    Rangers           Scottish Premier League    2nd       Scottish FA Cup Winner, Scottish League Cup QF
2022/23    Rangers           Scottish Premier League    1st       Scottish League Cup Winner, Scottish FA Cup QF
2023/24    Rangers           Scottish Premier League    1st       Scottish League Cup Winner, Scottish FA Cup 4R, CL 1st KO
2025       Toronto           MLS                        N/A       * Resigned 16/03/25
2025/26    Betis             La Liga                    4th       Copa del Rey 4th Round
2026/27    Betis             La Liga                    3rd       Champions League Last 16, Copa del Rey 5th Round
2027/28    Betis             La Liga                    3rd       Europa League Winner, Copa del Rey Winner
2028/29    Betis             La Liga                    3rd       Champions League QF, Copa del Rey QF
2029/30    Betis             La Liga                    3rd       Champions League SF, Copa del Rey SF
2031/32    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 2nd       DFB Pokal 2nd Round
2032/33    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 2nd       Champions League Winner, DFB Pokal Winner
2033/34    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 1st       Champions League Winner, DFB Pokal Winner, CWC Winner, German SC
2034/35    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 2nd       Champions League 1st KO, DFB Pokal Winner, Euro SC, German SC
2035/36    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 2nd       Champions League Winner, DFB Pokal 2nd Rd, German SC
2036/37    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 2nd       DFB Pokal Winner, Europa League Runner-Up, CWC Winner, Euro SC
2037/38    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 1st       Champions League Winner, DFB Pokal 2nd Rd, German SC
2038/39    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 1st       Champions League Winner, DFB Pokal 3rd Rd, CWC Winner
2040       Palmeiras         Brasileirão                3rd       Paulistão Quarter Final, Copa do Brasil 4th Round
2041       Palmeiras         Brasileirão                1st       Paulistão Winner, Copa do Brasil Quarter Final
2042       Palmeiras         Brasileirão                1st       Paulistão Runner-Up, Copa do Brasil Runner-Up
2042/43    Newcastle         Championship               2nd*      * Only final seven games    
2043/44    Newcastle         Premier League             7th       FA Cup 5th Round, Capital One Cup 2nd Round
2044/45    Newcastle         Premier League             6th       FA Cup 6th Round, Capital One Cup 3rd Round
2045/46    Newcastle         Premier League             N/A       * Resigned 09/12/46
          Marseille         Ligue 1                    3rd       Coupe de France Quarter Final
2046/47    Marseille         Ligue 1                    1st       CL Group Stage, EL 1st KO, Coupe de Ligue QF
2047/48    Marseille         Ligue 1                    1st       Champions League 1st KO Round, Coupe de Ligue Runner-Up
2048/49    Marseille         Ligue 1                    1st       Champions League QF, CdL Winner, CdF Runner Up

AN493Cx.png

l'OM - Pre-Season 2049/50

After winning three consecutive Ligue 1 titles, you would expect us to be the favourites to lift the trophy again in the coming season. However, the media seem to disagree having us down to finish second to PSG again, which is quite surprising given our clear dominance over them last year. Our title odds are 3-1, second favourites to PSG too (who are 5-2), so, again, the bookies tend to be in agreement with the media.

Z4lPdCX.png?1

The Board have given a transfer budget of £28.99m, expecting a title challenge and a decent run in the Champions League too. I'd sure we'll match their domestic ambitions, given our recent history, and I'd love to make the latter stages of Europe's premier competition too, however, it's clear that we'll need our fair share of luck to sustain our European challenge.

r2xNKEh.png?1

There's very little to report on the transfer front this summer, with minimal activity in the market. In fact, having off loaded a couple of fringe players for decent cash, we've actually made a net profit, so there's further money to spend in the winter, if required.

Juan Carlos Moreira - Cover was needed at right-back, so this is a handy free transfer.

Franjo Benic - One for the future. No chance of featuring in the first team yet.

Heiko Nowak - Looks a promising striker. Will cover for Misin this year.

Great progress in the Hall of Fame, you can't stop now!
Your nearly there!

It depends which way you look at it. I'm 300 points off Fergie, but 1600 behind José, so it's definitely permissible that I'll knock the old boy off his perch soon, which was the aim at the start of the save. However, getting to number one in the hall of fame is still a long way off, and is likely to take several more seasons of success.

Hopefully it won't be long before you can get European glory.

Hopefully so, although we still do not have the strongest squad, and will need the Gods of the Draw to be on our side.

AN493Cx.png

l'OM - Aug, Sep, Oct & Nov 2049

With just the four goals conceded so far, and an unbeaten league record, it's good to say that we've made an excellent start to the new season. At times, though, it's not been particularly thrilling football to watch, with a handful of scrappy 1-0 wins boring both me and the fans to an early death. That said, a win is still a win, which is the most important factor when considering that Lyon have made an excellent start too, and could go top if they are victorious in all three of their games in hand.

In Europe, things are going fairly well too, although we will need to beat Celtic in our final game if we're to guarantee top spot in the group. We beat them 5-0 in Marseille, so I'm hopeful of securing another positive result.

9UYxaOe.png?2

GcrFtvy.png?1

prR5HRw.png?1

Next Time

We'll travel to Lyon for our next league fixture, in what could already prove to be a pivotal game to determine where the Ligue One trophy goes this season; they're playing like real contenders at the moment, so it's certainly not going to be an easy three points to win. This is followed three days later by our trip to Celtic Park for our final Champions League Group Stage game; the big matches are coming thick and fast, so the depth of squad will certainly tested over the next couple of weeks.

AN493Cx.png

l'OM - Dec, Jan & Feb 2049/50

In the main, it's been another good period, despite making a meal of our Champions League qualification. Realistically, on paper, we're a much stronger side than Celtic, and should have been capable of taking all three points back to France with us from our trip to Glasgow. However, we had an off day, putting in a dismal display, which saw us fail to register a shot on target for the whole of the ninety minutes. Celtic capitalised on this, and ended up sneaking the win with a solitary goal, which was enough to see them qualify for the First Knockout Round as group winners. Due to this, our second place finish saw us draw a tricky tie against Man City; we've played a blinder in the first leg, and now travel to Manchester knowing that a good defensive showing will see us into the last eight.

Apart from two blips, it's all been very much plain sailing in domestic football, and we should now be heavy favourites to make it four league titles in a row. Of course, losing to Lyon was a bit of a sickener, but as they've not taking full advantage of this, we still have a healthy eight point lead; they have a useful game in hand, but it's certainly ours to lose at it stands.

A couple of notable signings in the January window, with Davide Gennari and Luis Wated joining the ranks.

Ballon d'Or Winner - Christian Wisnewski

World XI

CkNDGiP.png?1

MOJeYJc.png?1

IRbEOZY.png?1

Next Time

We'll travel to Manchester knowing that a solid draw will see us comfortably through to the Quarter Final; not an easy ask, but certainly achievable given our current form. Le Classique is scheduled in March too; with PSG languishing in fourth place, it's a good opportunity to reaffirm ourselves as the best team in France.

Doing brilliantly with Marseille,won't be long before you move past Ferguson in the Hall of Fame!
Fantastic start to this year.

Well, it's definitely starting to look like we'll retain the league. Maybe even the Coupe de la Ligue too, so hopefully there's a few more points coming my way :)

AN493Cx.png

l'OM - March, April & May 2050

That's right, baby, we're Champions of Europe! After seeing off Man City, we continued strongly in the Quarter Final against Betis, before getting the once-over our big French rivals, PSG, in the semis. However, the best was yet to come in a triumphant display against a strong Barcelona side; we absolutely showed them who was boss, strolling to a 3-0 victory, and making it the sixth Champions League success of my career, and Marseille's first since 1993. Winger Steffen Hammer will take all the plaudits, and rightfully so after his brace in the final, but the whole squad deserve credit for pulling off this magnificent achievement.

And that wasn't all, with the Coupe de la Ligue won for second consecutive year with a convincing 3-0 win over Stade Reims, before we went on to lift our fourth Ligue One title with the victory over Montpellier. There's no doubt about it, winning the league with three games to spare was quite a feat considering our European exploits, with this then allowing us the luxury of being able to rest players before the Barcelona match. C'est Magnifique!

MvRtskG.png?1

yv2GPQ0.png?1

XtpVuYM.png?1

l4ifyVz.png?1

618W2bI.png?1

OwXcYHE.png?1

UUPv6La.png?1

Christian Wisnewski is absolutely unstoppable isn't he?

Not bad, he is? :D Spurs have a great squad, and are dominating England at the moment.

Great effort against City, just need to kill them off now!

I think we just about did that :)

AN493Cx.png

l'OM - End of Season 2049/50

Well, it's safe to say I've had worse seasons! Having won the Champions League, Ligue One and Coupe de la Ligue there's no surprise that everyone is raving about the past year.

ojeCL4F.png?1

74qzFRz.png?1

0Ki0Khz.png?1

Xsf89Gf.png?1

We're starting to make a bit of profit at the club now, obviously helped by the Champions League prize money and TV revenue, but we're still not able to match the financial clout of Europe's elite. In my opinion, this makes our success this season even more remarkable.

Ligue 1 - 1st

Champions League - Winner

Coupe de Ligue - Winner

Coupe de France - Eleventh Round

Top Goalscorer - Matteo Misin (36 goals)

Most Assists - Ehab Abdel Aziz (21 assists)

Highest Average Rating - Sébastien Durand (7.88)

Fans Player of the Year - Sébastien Durand

acvh62T.png?1

Again, it's the usual suspects that stand out from a player perspective, with Matteo Misin, Ehab Abdel Aziz and Sébastien Durand all well deserving of the accolades awarded to them this season; what we'd do without the goals of Misin's I really don't know. Of course, we've had this strong core to the team for a couple of seasons now, proven by our continued success in domestic football, but as we've now been able to add Hammer and Benfenati to the wide areas, I feel this is what has made the deference and taken us to the next level; the two extremely talented attacking wingers have terrorised full-backs all over the continent this season! And just to prove our Champions League success was no fluke, we've got six players in the Dream Team; that's a real vindication of the squad I've been able to build here.

wdwlWu1.png?1

2XZoPTe.png?1

GVtTbKi.png?1

GA1t7zy.png?1

QzW5eob.png?1

zBxvJZq.png?1

Fergie/José Watch

Oh yes! This season's trophy haul has only gone and see me rise above the great 'Sir Fergie':

ij5BvF1.png?1

I've now completed what I set to achieve from this save, and climb above Fergie in the Hall of Fame. However, with Mourinho over a thousand points ahead, I'm still well away from reaching the top spot.

1yJhM4e.jpg?1

p1asBmO.jpg?1

2048/49    Marseille         Ligue 1                    1st       Champions League QF, CdL Winner, CdF Runner Up
2049/50    Marseille         Ligue 1                    1st       Champions League Winner, Coupe de Ligue Winner

Archived