[FM13] Paris Saint-Germain F.C

MrSundlofer

I've not had chance play my game yet due to one thing or another. Still in mid February 2014 and in every competition so far.

Dossantos: if you want an inside forward on the right then I can suggest Ben Arfa, he's really good if he stays fit

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I finished the 2014/2015 campaign in pretty good style.

Ligue 1

In the next league match after my last update, we beat Lyon 4-2 in a topsy-turvy affair that saw the lead change hands a few teams before we eventually overpowered them. Dropped points by our challengers OM and Lille that day meant we clinched our 3rd successive Ligue 1 trophy, and despite more rotation we finished with another three games unbeaten - winning at Nancy (2-1), coming back twice to force a late draw at Montpellier (2-2), and putting Nice to the sword (4-1) with more late goals in the final home match. This saw us finish nine points clear at the top of Ligue 1 - our biggest winning margin so far. Ironically, for much of the season this was our toughest in the league, being a massive eight points behind Lille in spring before they displayed relegation form and dropped right off.

Ligue1_OverviewStages-4_zpse2d42a4a.png

French Cup

With three trophies in the bag (Champions Trophy, Coupe de la Ligue, Ligue 1), we faced Toulouse in the French Cup semi final with confidence. But a 1-1 draw and no further goals in extra time meant a penalty shoot out, which we lost 5-4 when the top scorer in the country (Giroud) missed his spot kick. Toulouse went on to lose the final 1-0 to Bordeaux and this one, although not important, was definitely there for the taking and a bit disappointing.

Champions League

Having come through some difficult ties and eventually dumping out Man City at our third attempt in the SF, we faced Liverpool (conquerors of AZ) at Cardiff in the 2015 Champions League Final. After the heartache of our loss in the final a year before, we really needed to deliver this major prize for the first time.

My selection was fairly limited with four central midfielders absent though, and this gave me a bit of concern. I never considered changing formation, role or duties, but had to bring in personnel through necessity rather than choice. The missing men were Capoue and Rabiot (suspensions), Schneiderlin and Matuidi (injuries), meaning I had neither of my first choice defensive CM's available (Matuidi and Capoue), and even the third (Schneiderlin) who hadn't been used in that role since signing, was unable to come in. I therefore had to drop Cabaye back from his AMC role to take the DLP duties, whilst promoting Sissoko for the AMC position, and Chantome for the CM(D) role that he wasn't really best suited to.

Defensively I was fine. The LWB role could have been given to Mathieu who had scored a couple of goals in a 15-minute cameo from the bench in the previous match, and always provided set-piece danger, but I instead kept faith with the younger talent of Digne. The RWB role should have gone to Corchia, who I had rested for the final league match, but I actually overlooked this and therefore Nery, who has had a sound first season, retained his place by default. With some rotation of my CB's leading up to the 'big one', I was able to pick the preferred trio of Sakho, Ciani and Zouma as my dependable brick wall. Ruffier had done enough to edge out Mandanda between the sticks, but there is nothing to choose between them. In attack, I was able to pick my regular pairing of Giroud and Maupay. The lack of midfielder options available for the bench allowed me to name Gomis, Gameiro and Charbonnier amongst the substitutes.

Well, the final turned out to be much less tricky and dramatic than our SF against Man City. A second yellow card within a couple of minutes midway through the first half saw Reds dangerman Luis Suarez dismissed - the second one, with a touch of great ironic reality, being for diving!! This made our task much easier and Maupay gave us a 38th minute lead with a neat finish after a pass from Sissoko teed him up nicely. After 47 minutes, the young striker repeated his magic, adding a second with a diving header from a fine left wing cross by our wing-back Digne. We had a late and probably unexpected scare when the aforementioned Nery conceded a penalty, allowing Borini to net a 65th minute consolation, but we managed to comfortably hold out and capture the magnificent trophy amid great scenes at the Millennium Stadium. A quadruple was an achievement I had never expected, and the board were delighted with the season's efforts and successes.

ParisSaint-GermainvLiverpool_OverviewOverview_zps0ba562c6.png

Yeh unfortunately he has gone to Manchester City already,he was my prime candidate as well,loads of movement around Newcastle on my save,Tiote,Cabaye and Ben Arfa have all gone withing 2 weeks of starting!! Stuck on a decent RW even if its just back up to Menez,think may end up going English and going for Redmond but I would prefer french speaking

Tiger, fantastic, continued success there. Agree with you about the wage demands, that would make him my top earner, crazy man. Of course, being Egyptian, he is not part of my PSG!

DosSantos, I didn't read your post properly. Digne is superb. Get him in, especially if you plan to use WB's? The best French options behind that are Aly Cissoko/Mathieu for the left, especially if Umtiti cannot be bought. Theophile-Catherine can cover both flanks reliably. For RB/RWB, Corchia, Nery, Djibril Sidibe if you need one. I think Hoarau signed Fofana from Lyon and converted him to a RB or RWB. As for a RW, preferably French, perhaps Payet, Eysseric or Knockaert?

JoGo congrats on a great season there nice to see Maupay scoring the goals in the final for you is he developing well?

What is wrong with these owners we have over 600m in the bank and they wont buy or build a new stadium

Cheers Tiger, it's fair to say I was well pleased with that season. Maupay has been excellent, in fact all of my striker pool is, but it's very satisfying to see the youngster make such a great impression. Here are his season stats, not bad at all - goals and assists aplenty.

NealMaupay_StatsOverview_zpsf237c1ef.png

It doesn't make sense about the owners on the stadium, but it mirrors real life. Being based in the Middle East, as I am for at least another week, logic does not, ever, apply to decisions made.

psg20logo20wallpaper.png

psglogos.png

**This is just a quick update, didn’t do much after the last one so won’t be as long or boring as my usual dribble**

Season 3 Review

The league was won rather comfortably in the end, Marseille slipping up in a couple of game plus a well-timed 2nd Vs. 3rd match helping me pull away and claim "2 in a row" championships. Add in both domestic cups and we are starting to show a real dominance in France which is what i started out as hoping to achieve, the squad is getting small tweaks here and there and a lot of the younger guys are starting to put in claims to start.

leaguev.jpg

The "Problem"

A strange title I know, but as I posted earlier around about November/December of this season some sort of chaos fell upon Real Madrid. The club was sitting 6th in the league, lagging miles behind rivals Barcelona and the players and management had a major fall out, this resulted in a whole host of players getting transfer listed, the names included - Sergio Ramos, Pepe, Di Maria, Karim Benzema & a certain Cristiano Ronaldo...

I had Benzema in my plans from the outset at PSG, he's the man I wanted leading the line for us. I was aware I wouldn't get him cheap or even that soon but to my surprise at the half way point of my 3rd season a news alert pops up telling me Benzema has been TRANSFER LISTED!!?? Shocked is an understatement, I immediately clicked on Madrid's squad and all I could see was unhappy players here and there and everywhere...

Clicked on Benzema and noticed the asking fee was "only" £28.5m, compared with the £69m they were demanding back only a season ago i figured this was in comparison a bargain. I pressed continue and literally the next day an agent approached with an offer to make a bid for his player who was interested in joining my club...that player was Cristiano Ronaldo! Despite Real Madrid asking for £67m i thought long and hard about it and realised that the pro's outweighed the cons by some margin. When was i going to get the chance to manage of the two best players on the planet & when was a club like PSG going to have the chance to recruit a man still in his peak and at the level of name value as Ronaldo....plus i figured he would please the board on there "Sign high profile players" mandate.

The hard task starts in Season 4's pre-season, i was starting to see some fruits from my tactics but with the addition of Ronaldo he's caused something of a tactical conundrum, trying to fit him in around and with the existing squad should be a challenge this season in its self...

The Back room Shuffle

I decided I wanted to change things up, but instead of only looking for staff with "20" this & "20" that I wanted to develop a sort of "brotherhood" with my staff. I want to build a core of young, hungry with decent attributes and room to learn/grow through earning new coaching qualifications. Here is my staff shown over two screenshots. It's an on-going process as i can’t ask my board at the moment for more coaches/scouts etc and i have my on bringing back club icon Nicholas Anelka.

staff1u.jpg

staff2x.jpg

Nice one Hoarau, another excellent season and well done on the Ligue 1 title again.

Great to see your staff list, some iconic names in there. We have quite a few the same, but you have lots more than me. I really don't give my cash away lightly haha.

As for the 'problem', I'm happy to take either of them on loan for a nominal fee. I still can't believe how that happened. I keep testing RM for Benzema but they still want £64 million and him and his agent are still demanding crazy terms.

Congrats on your treble Hoarau now kick on and dominate Europe

End of season 5 report here:

Suprise suprise we made it 5 Ligue1 titles on the bounce

Ligue1_OverviewStages_zps6e65f58f.png

We won the coupe de la ligue once again

The french cup we got knocked out early on Pens

The Champions league i was suprised with the ease we beat Man City 3-0 on aggregate and the Real Madrid 4-0

The semi final pitched us againt Tottenham whom seem to be dominating english football 3 premership titles in 4 seasons

Both legs were pulsating games we won 4-2 in Paris and they beat us 2-1 at the lane, so we reached our 3rd champions league final on the bounce.

We played surprise finalist in Leverkusen and they shocked us with a 1-0 lead at halftime. So it was time for aggresive teamtalk which worked wonders as we scored to quick goals.

But disaster struck 2mins into injury time as Leverkusen drew level. Into extra time and our class started to tell as we went on to win 4-2 and land our 3rd champions league

ParisSaint-Germain_FixturesSchedule_zps2c96cc63.png

Player of the season has to go to Le Beast who scored 40 goals this season and broke the PSG goalscoring record

JohannLeBerre_OverviewAttributes_zps49e5d92f.png

Early transfer news

Matuidi has been sold to stoke 9.25m

Victor Valdes to Dortmund for 6.25m

Meaning i got my man Hugo Lloris for 20m after lots of buttering up and finally unsettling him

I am going to let a few more leave and add 1 or 2 new faces this summer

I have just noticed that myself and Sakho have been promoted to Legends of the club

Fantastic season again Tiger, there's no stopping your domination. Sad to see Matuidi leave, but the signing of Lloris makes up for it! Your youngster has really done the business, what a return from Le Beast!

Are you finding it hard to maintain enthusiasm and find new challenges after so much success? I wonder what else you wish to achieve.

Best of luck in season 6.

Great campaign Tiger! Your showings in the Champions League are a grat source of inspiration for me. Good bit of Business for Lloris, I'm also hoping to replace Valdes with Hugo.

I'm still disappointed that I haven't been able to bring any of the French army back from the Premier League, Nasri - Sissoko - Yanga Mbwia - Ben Arfa... Not sure of sign all of them now even if they were available.

How about you Jogo? I know you a LLM usually, you starting to lose the drive? I like your save due to the style & mantra you've set out.

I might get my pre season update done tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks Hoarau. I've really enjoyed 3 consecutive Ligue 1 triumphs, with the specific restrictions I put upon myself making it more challenging. Having now won our first CL, it's time to make a decision on whether to try and push on or take a break. My longest ever save has been 4 years so this has already become one of my best. One of the enjoyable aspects has been the excellent thread here, something that I don't usually get to experience in my LLM saves. I'm relocating countries next week IRL so that might give me a few days breathing space to decide. For sure I will pop in here before then and will continue to read all about it, even if I do vacate the PSG dugout.

Gents. Finally repaired my laptop and started a PSG game.

Here's the story so far. £93m spent, mostly spread over 4 years to get a French spine into my team.

B2E624F8CC8CF019A76CDC2A2E2DECE037593E7E

Starting off with a tactic that has worked well so far with my Ajax side. Two wingbacks, 2 defensive wingers and a midfield that controls games.

EC4FE20003EAFF9DE1DA07959CB2E6209135629E

So far results have been good, with a great win in Valencia and in Marseille. I'm going to build the players up over the season and then sell in Jan and the summer.

A162F0696BA4490B0703101AD084F5C6515000BA

Well season 6 has started very much like last season with 2 trophys won early on the champions trophy and super cup

My goal when i started this save was to make PSG the biggest club in the world we are nearly there.

We are now rated the richest club in the world and the 2nd biggest behind Barcelona.

Again the board bug me we have 750m in the bank and they say they cannot afford to buy the stadium

On the transfer front

As said previous i let Matuidi and Valdes go

Also i sold

Chantome 6m to Anderlect

Yaisien 5m to AC Milan

Damiao 25m to Man City

and sold 3 regens for the total of 30m

New signings

Hugo Lloris 20m

M'baye Niang 27.5 from Milan

Jogo will be proud as i have on at least one occasion this season fielded a all french starting eleven

I must say that i am getting itchy feet to start a new save and manage another french side as i have enjoyed this save very much and the challenge to topple PSG may be a good one

Welcome back Gary and another excellent start there!

Nice work again Tiger, almost No. 1 now. I had thought along the same lines and may also be tempted to try another French save. Possibly Lyon or Nice, or maybe from below Ligue 1 like Monaco, Metz or even somebody like Lens. I have enjoyed this save at PSG very much (my first time in France) and will shortly decide whether to continue here or find a new club.

There are a few LLM sides tempting me, a few low-mid table Premiership teams, and some European leagues that I haven't tried before. All of these will feature some of the French players I knew or identified from this great time at PSG.

I hope the PSG thread will remain popular with or without me, and will continue to read the excellent contributions. It also helped me learn how to do screenies, so now I just need to work out this background thingy.

Finally completed season 2 and was successful in France but Europe was not to be!

Won Ligue 1 with ease, aswell as both French cups.

In Europe we got through the group stage and past sporting in the first qualifying round, before meeting our conquerers Man City!

We lost 1-0 in the Etihad but won 2-1 at the parc des princes to go out on away goal, Gutted!

Season 2 team was

Gk Sirigu, Areaola

Rb v Wiel, Jellet

Lb Santon, Jose Enrique

Cb t silva, Sakho, Varane, zouma

Dmc Capoue, Martin (regen)

Mc Felleini, Matuidi, Rabiot, Varatti

Rw Lavezzi, Lucas

Lw Pastore, Menez

St Falcao, Gameiro

Really pleased with the squad neymar and Rooney are transfer listed atm so one or both could be coming in along with a replacement for Jellet, roll on 2014/2015 season

Time for my first season update, as I'm finally done with the first season of my PSG game.... It was a long and hard fought season with both ups and downs, so let me take you through it :)

First I wanna share my goals for my first season with you guys:

• Win Ligue 1
  • Win at least one of the domestic cups
  • Make some significant changes to the squad, and then get the new players settled
  • At least reach the Quarter Finals of the Champions League

January Transfers

Out

Zoumana Camara to Montpellier (£250K)

Pierre Bourdin to Le Havre on loan

Sorel Chemin to Niort on loan

Jordan Ikoko to Nimes on loan

Youssouf Sabaly to FC Brussels on loan

Clément Chantôme to Porto (£4,5M)

Alexis Sainrimat to Guingamp on loan

Kalifa Coulibaly on Free Transfer

In

Frank van Essen from NEC (£675K)

Ryan Bertrand from Chelsea (£5,75M)

Ligue 1

Well... The last time you heard from me I was placed 3rd when entering 2013, behind Montpellier and Toulouse. I'd had some back and forth going results, worst of them all being a 1-6 loss to my rivals from Marseille... But in 2013 it got better as I got a lot of small wins and draws. In fact I was only defeated once, as I lost 0-2 away against Sochaux. Got some notable wins like 3-0 home against Marseille, 1-0 home against Montpellier, and 1-0 away against Lyon. And yes.... I did win the Ligue 1 ;) With three matches left I beat Lyon 1-0 away to win the championship, as that put me seven points ahead of Sochaux with two matches left.

Champions League

Again going back to when you last heard from me... I had just advanced from my group with Barcelona, Schalke and FC Nordsjælland, and were drawn to face Zenit in the first knockout stage. Well, home against Zenit I won 2-0 on goals by Eriksen and Gameiro. Away I lost 0-1, but advanced to the Quarter Finals 2-1. A Quarter Final were I was drawn to face Barcelona. At first I was like "Okay, that's it". But then I remembered that I beat them 2-0 in the group stage, so I believed that I could do it again. At home I actually surprisingly controlled most of the match, and also got ahead after 9 minutes when Zlatan scored. But Barca got a goal on their only shot on target in the entire match, scored by Messi (who else), and the match ended 1-1. I had 64 % of the possession, and had 15 shot where Barcelona only had 2. Away on Camp Nou I had to score, and that didn't change when they came in front scored by Pedro. I had to go all out in the end, and even though I ended up having 56 % of the possession, Barcelona took advantage of my all out attacking style, and scored twice within the last ten minutes, scored by Messi and Alexis, to knock me out 1-4. But yeah, I think I did okay in the tournament, and I reached my goal of reaching the Quarter Finals.

Coupe de la Ligue

Last time I updated you guys I had just knocked out Lyon after penalty shoot-out, to advance to the Semi Finals where I would be facing Bastia. I knocked out Bastia with a 2-0 victory at home, on goals by Lucas and Sakho. I would then go on to the final where I would face Montpellier. As always when I play domestic cup games, my starting 11 consisted of players who doesn't usually play. And on goals by Lucas, Ménez and Sakho, and even after getting Matuidi sent off, I went on to win the final 3-1 to secure The Double.

French Cup

Not much to tell here... I knocked out FC Paris away in the 9th Round 3-0 on goals by Sandro, Beckham and Gameiro. In the 10th Round I were drawn against Clermont from Ligue 2, but even though I came in front on a goal by Gameiro, something went wrong and I was suddenly behind 1-3 only 12 minutes after my leading goal, and then it wasn't enough that Viktor Fischer scored a debut goal because I was knocked out 2-3.

Squad

Well... Some players impressed me, some players surprised me, and some players disappointed me:

I was impressed by Alex who has to be my Player of the Season... With an average rating 7.75, 6 goals, 12 Man of the Match awards, and only one yellow card and zero red cards in 49 matches, Alex were a big part of my success. And with an average rating of 7.13, 10 goals, 12 assists, and a notable Pass Completion Ratio of 88 %, Christian Eriksen also impressed me a lot in his first season in PSG.

A player who kind of surprised me was David Beckham. He's still good even though he's 37 years old and I knew I would be using him more than the AI uses him, but I was still surprised.I gave him 27 appearances in which he started on the bench in 16 of them. He managed an average rating of 7.05, 3 goals, 4 assists, 2 Man of the Match awards, and an impressive Pass Completion Ratio of 92 %.

And then a couple of players who disappointed me. First I wanna mention Zlatan. Now I wouldn't say that I'm disappointed in general by Zlatan, but it disappoints me a bit that in 45 matches he scored 21 goals, but only 10 of them were in Ligue 1. Zlatan also only scored on 3 out of 6 penalties. Both Pastore and Lavezzi also disappointed me, and could be in serious jeopardy of losing their spot in the next season. Pastore had an average rating of 6.80, scored 5 goals, and made only 4 assists in 32 matches, while Lavezzi had an average rating of 6.85, scored 6 goals, and made only 4 assists in 38 matches. And last, Lucas also disappointed me. Even though he's young and most of his starting 11 appearances were in the domestic cups, an average rating of 6.79, 3 goals, and 3 assists in 44 matches just isn't good enough.

End Of Season Awards

Alex named Ligue 1 Player's Player of the Season

Christian Eriksen named Ligue 1 Player's Most Promising Player

Salvatore Sirigu named Ligue 1 Star Goalkeeper of the Competition

Salvatore Sirigu and Alex selected in Ligue 1 Stars Team of the Competition

Salvatore Sirigu named Player's Goalkeeper of the Season

Salvatore Sirigu, Thiago Silva, Alex, Christophe Jallet and Sandro selected in Ligue 1 XI of the Season

Alex named Ligue 1 Foreign Player of the Year

Myself

I've signed a new contract with the club, which expires in 2015. And with The Double in this season, I've also entered the Top 10 of the Danish Hall of Fame, as I'm currently listed as number 9.

Lucas is a bit of a pain in the neck really. His work rate and teamwork are nowhere near good enough to play in a lot of the positions and chances are, thats the reason he's not performing well for you. I can't recall what the values for both Pastore and Lavezzi are at the moment but I know Zlatan is also on the low side of both. All great players but can't function well if you want to play a team game. I've had a bit of joy with Pastore as my Defensive Left Winger or Advanced Central Playmaker, but Lucas barely gets into my 18 even for cup games.

Started season 3 and have seen a decline in the team, that is seeing us struggling to finish teams off.

The only bit of transfer business we did was secure Rooney for £19 million and sell Santon to Liverpool for £26 million. Thus promoting an u21 regen to the first team to play at left back with Jose Enrique being my main LB.

Too many injuries to key players though has seen us draw against sides we should be easily beating leaving us 2nd Behind Lille witha 5 point disadvantage! The key to my side has been the goals from Falcao but he's out for 3 months, hopefully rooney will settle soon and find his feet, long way go yet!

Hope you're games are going well, I'm really into this save

psg20logo20wallpaper.png

psglogos.png

SEASON 4 : Pre-Season

After two league victories in a row aswell as the domestic cups(and a cheeky Europa League win) I feel confident in how we'll cope going into season 4, not that I'm suddenly taking the league lightly as I know too well that any of the teams in my league can step up and run me till the end.

This term is really all about the Champions League for me, a really disappointing exit in the last 16 to Benfica last time out still haunts me. We have a much stronger side this season which will be a major help as the players have another years european experience to draw from and the new players are International stars with the quality to take us to this next plateau.

As for transfer doings there's not much I need now, I think ill only add if a really ridiculous player that I'm after becomes availible and even then is have to look if that person would start should I sign them.

Apart from that this season my main goal is the integration of the young players fully into the first team fold. I want them all to get the experience and first team run outs that'll help them cement their places.

TRANSFERS

In

Valentin Eysseric - Nice - £12.75m

Yassine Benza - Lyon - £11.75m

Franck Ribery - Bayern Munich - £3.3m

Perriek Cros - FC Sochoux - Free

Benjamin Mendy - Le Harve - Free

Jean-Armel Kana-Biyik - Rennes - Free

Philipe Mexes - Free

Out

Jordy Classie - Arsenal - £21.5m

Antione Griezmann - Liverpool £18.5m

David Ospina - Nottm Forest - £4.4m

Bafetimbi Gomis - Napoli - £3.3m

transfersb.jpg

SQUAD ANALYSIS

A tour of America helped the new players bed in quite quickly, it also have people like Ronaldo, Belhanda , Benzema etc the chance to get a preseason under their belts with the club. We really have strengthen an already strong squad despite moving on several bodies, we made good fees for them so I'm happy with combining that and the squad not being weaker as a result.

Having the security of Valdes & mt boys at the back really opens up the rest of the field for my creative players to shine, Bernard again is my main man, he truely is my "Mr PSG", im hoping with Ronaldo in the side he doesnt get over shadowed but i have him set as set peice and corner man so he gets good assists from them. After two seasons as top goal scorer i'm not expecting Aubameyang to reach those heights this year as he's being used out wide as an IF to take advantage of his lightning pace and clinical finishing, its also to help accomadate Benzema, Maupay & Ongenda up top.

I hope the transition of bringing the young guys through doesnt hinder the side too much and we can move on and challenge seriously in europe.

squadj.jpg

Record Breaker..

Just a wee update here to not that Ronaldo, perhaps as expected, has been quite exceptional...

ronaldonh.jpg

Could I maybe ask you for a picture of your starting line-up and your team instructions?? :)

Yeah no problems man, ill post it up tonight when I get in.

Didn't play much last night, only thing I got done was actives my joker transfer signing in the middle of November to sign Lyon's transfer listed Samil Umiti(sp?) for a uppe slightly fee of £22m, with Zouma & Sakho we're sorted for years.

Well end of season 3 has finished and still the Champions League evades me!

Ligue 1

Finished the league undefeated with the only real competition being Lille but they soon faded away to allow us to lift the league again for the 3rd consecutive time!

French Cup

Beat Sochaux in the final, domestic competition has been really easy this season!

League Cup

All of my first team were on international duty meaning I had to use a weakend u19 team against Monaco away. Lost 2-0 which was a real disappointment as I want to dominate every competition.

Champions League

Got to the QF again where we drew Bayern. Had Jose Enrique sent off for elbowing an opponent meaning we had a tense 4-4 finish at home! Had a real sense that we could get something in the Allianz arena but it finished 0-0 meaning we went out on away goal again.

Season 4 transfers so far

El shawaary bought in for 11.75 million

Garmash bought in for 24 million

Kana-Biyik bought in for free

Hopefully with more squad depth we can finally conquer Europe! Allez PSG

I just signed Moura from PSG for my United side. Trained him to place shots and he has become prolific, scoring something like 13 goals in 5 games with 3 hat tricks. A result of placing shots, perhaps. Nether the less, an excellent player. Maybe useful to anyone struggling to get him performing.

It's that time a year people ;) As those of you who has been following my updates know I'm in my second season, and I've just entered 2014 so this is my update for the first half of my season. First up, my transfers. My Board of Directors wanted me to sign some big names, and I personally also wanted to get rid of some of the first team players and old players who didn't fit into my future plans.

Transfers

Out

Romouald Lacazetti to Niort on loan

Juan Guillermo de la Cuesta to Metz on loan

Stéphane Lambèse to Caen on loan

Mike Maignan to Sedan on loan

Andrew Charlery to Châteauroux on loan

Pierre Bourdin to Lokeren on loan

Jordan Ikoko to Le Mans on loan

Alexis Sainrimat to Lens on loan

Dylan Batubinsika to Le Havre on loan

Franck Bambock to FC Brussels on loan

Neal Maupay to Saint-Étienne on loan

Neeskens Kebao to Charleroi on loan

Youssouf Sabaly to Waasland-Beveren on loan

Sorel Chemin to Vannes on loan

Romain Habran to Crétell on loan

Hervin Ongenda to Laval on loan

Kingsley Coman to Amiens on loan

Loïck Landre to Valladolid on loan

Alphonse Areola to Angers on loan

Abdallah Yaisien to Dijon on loan

Maxwell to Arles-Avignon on Free Transfer

Thiago Motta to Roma (£4,6M)

Mathieu Bodmer to Saint-Étienne (£600K)

Nicolas Douchez to Monaco on December 25th (£800K)

I also let a bunch of players go on Free Transfer. Among them, Ronan Le Crom, David Beckham, Florent Malouda, Siaka Tiéne, Sylvain Armand and Everton Santos.

In

Francesco Buffa from Basel (£240K)

José Martins from Nacional de Madeira (£500K)

Bruno Martins Indi from Feyenoord on Free Transfer

Falcao from Atlético Madrid (£70M)

Daniele De Rossi from Roma (£36M)

Dimitri Dupuis from Rennes (£9M)

Eden Hazard from Chelsea on January 1st (£39,5M)

Wesley Sneijder from Galatasaray on January 1st (£17M)

Champions Trophy

After a pretty positive pre-season, my season started with the Champions Trophy match against Stade Reims. After going behind in the 16th minute, I won the match 2-1 on goals in the second half by Christian Eriksen and Falcao. Thereby Falcao secured the trophy in his official debut.

Ligue 1

This season started good, as I went undefeated for the first six games and only let in two goals. Five victories against smaller teams, and a 1-1 draw away against Marseille. When I "finally" lost I had been undefeated in Ligue 1 for twenty games. I lost the match 0-1 away against Lille. Since then I have had my ups and downs again this season, but I'm currently placed 1st with 38 points in 19 games, one point ahead of Saint-Étienne, two points ahead of Lille and three points ahead of Evian. So it's very close.

Result-wise I've had some okay wins, beating Saint-Étienne 3-0 at home, Nice 3-0 away, Monaco 3-0 away and finally Evian 3-0 at home. My most mentionable losses has been 0-1 away against Lille, 1-2 home against Bastia, and 0-1 home against Toulouse. Those are actually my only three losses :p

Champions League

Unlike last year, this year in the Champions League I actually thought that the group stage would be a walk in the park to advance from when I saw the groups. I got drawn in Group H against last years winners Manchester City, and then Braga and GNK Dinamo. But but but... Just like last year I had some unfortunate results, as I lost both my games against Man City (1-3 away, and 1-6 home), and in the second game after losing to Man City I only got a 0-0 draw home against Braga. After defeating Dinamo twice 2-1 and 3-1 and losing again to Man City, a found myselfin a pretty intense situaion. I was placed 3rd in the group right after my opponent in the last match Braga, with the same amount of points as Braga. In my mind I had to win to advance. Braga came in front, but I equalized. Sadly nothing else happened and the match ended 1-1, so I was sure that I was eliminated and had to go on to the EURO League. But apparently the one goal I scored in the last match sent me through to the Knockout Stages. The season: The first match against Braga at home ended 0-0 and the second match in Braga ended 1-1, so I'm through on away goals. Very lucky!!!

On December 21st the matches for the first knockout stage were drawn, and sadly I drew Real Madrid. Looking forward to the two matches.

Coupe de la Ligue

Entered the cup in the 4th round as always. I defeated Lille 2-1 at home, on goas by Daniele De Rossi and Viktor Fischer. Then went on to the Quarter Final and beat Guingamp 5-3 away. It was a pretty hectic ending as when the clock passed the 77th minute the score was 0-5, and when the clock passed the 85th minute it was 3-5. My five goals were scored by Mohamed Sissoko, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Bruno Martins Indi, Javier Pastore, and then an own goal from Reynald Lamaïtre. I'll be facing Châteauroux in the Semi Final.

French Cup

I've just entered the French Cup draw, and was drawn away against Monaco in the 9th Round.

Squad

Once again I have been having some troubles with injuries, and also a couple of bans. At one point I had both Thiago Silva, Alex, Pastore, Lavezzi and Falcao injured, and Zlatan and Menez banned. My top goalscorer is Falcao who has scored 13 goals, but only six of them has been scored in Ligue 1. Ibrahimovic has scored 8 Ligue 1 goals. On top of my assist-list is Christian Eriksen with six assists in Ligue 1 and one in the Champions League. Eriksen is also 3rd on the Ligue 1 assists leader list. Once again this season my defensve players have been great. Both Silva, Okore, Alex, De Rossi, Sandro, and Martins Indi is close to or over an average rating of 7.50.

As far as my signings before the season started, they've done well. Bruno Martins Indi has played 15 matches, have an average rating of 7.43, has scored one goal and made two assists. Daniele De Rossi has played 22 matches, have an average rating of 7.41, and has scored two goals. And then of course Falcao... He has played 27 matches, has an average rating of 7.13, has scored 13 goals, and has made two assists.

There has also been a couple of players who has been given a chance on the first team. Viktor Fischer has played 10 matches, has an average rating of 7.00, has scored one goal and made three assists. He has also been called up to the first team now. Frank van Essen has played 7 matches and has an average rating of 6.95. And also Casper Sloth has been given a chance on a couple of occasions. He has played two matches, has an average rating on 7.14 and has made one assist.

Future Plans

My plans for the last half of the season is to make the new players fit, hopefully get a more secure lead in the league and retain the league, and maybe also sign a new backup keeper since I just sold Douchez... And then there is the Champions League. Last year my goal was to at least reach the Quarter Finals. At the beginning of this season my goal was actually to top last year and do better, but with my group stage results in mind, and seeing that I will be facing Real Madrid in the First Knockout Round, I "just" want to do good against them over two games. Don't get me wrong... I want to advance and I want to win the entire tournament, but I have to be realistic :)

• 2 weeks later...

I hope this thread stays alive, it was fantastic to read all about the PSG revolutions going on.

I took a break from my PSG game but after a two-week gap my new save at Crewe keeps crashing (never had a crash before). Now I don't know if all new/old games will have the same problem so in limbo.

I've got to be honest never have i in my life been so angry with a team and save, i must have started so many saves trying to get a barca style posession team to actually win and be able to win the league first season.

I start sunday league rep no secondary nationality and the start i have is ALWAYS terrible.

I'm going away to the states in a month to coach football for the summer and i have sworn to become the best manager in the world and make P-S-G the best team in the world even if it kills me i found managing gloucester in blue square north easier than this and even though i did have a pretty succesful P-S-G save it didn't really do aswell as i wanted and i lost the title second year which annoyed the crap out of me and took the shine off.

I play default database with real life fixtures so my save will be different to others no lucas till january no beckham ect but came in here to see how people were setting up because it seemed no matter what i did the team would get batterd defensivly not score and start terribly and then hope you can turn it around and if you are lucky enough to do that first season then you might have a save!

As i say others will have it different not saying easier but different on the new update so i'm looking more at what system and styles people went with i'm playing 2-7-1 posession based game after 29 games i'm 10 points clear at the top of the league ans in europa league which to be honest this will be the only year i ever expect to be playing in it so hopefully can add it to the CV before dominating europe.

Sorry for a slightly back to front post i have never had a team frustrate me so much in my entire life was interesting reading through the thread 4-3-3 seems popular quite impressed with your all french team joga doing well did you start sunday league and was it original or january update?

Hope this kicks off again was a decent active team thread!

Managing one of the most high profile teams in the world as a nobody (sunday league rep) will always be ridiculously hard.. particularly so with such a newly creating squad full of huge ego's..

The thing is i found it pretty easy on the last one so in a weird way i'm pleased they've made it a challenge ! But makes me want to throw my mouse at the wall when we get over ran and then done by Jeremy aliadieire and i have thiago silva & sakho in defence! Of course i'm not naive to think it's all down to that but you catch the reason it's so frustrating!

Only managed ligue 1 first season but i'm happy something to build on but i signed 1 too many non eu players now i have to sell thiago silva. I don't think i can handicap myself anymore being P-S-G here!

Started a save today and am currently at the end of july with most of my transfers done I think but dunno if something will come up so I won't post until the end of the window. Liking the look of the squad. I'm going to be using a 4-2-3-1 with 2 dms and short passing (something that I've actually never tried to implement before, direct has always appeared the best option for my players) with an attacking style. Hoping this will work

Transfers:

RXSYlUR.jpg

Some of the common signings in the thread with Cabaye, Capoue and Maupay. 20M was a bit much for Cabaye but Man Utd were in talks to get him for that much so I had to go for it. I was looking at Benat (how do I do a tilde on windows) as a backup in case he preferred Man U, and I went for cabaye over him as he's french! Davide Santon came in to replace Maxwell as I didn't feel he's good enough and I don't like being restricted by the foreign player slots. Podstawski is a promising 17 year old Portuguese DLP, hoping to make a star out of him. No real sales as I was happy with the squad and nothing came up. Could only get rid of Maxwell on loan. Better than nothing I suppose

Lineup:

5KF0x9m.jpg

I'd discussed tactics a bit in the above post but here's how we're looking at the moment, only things I'm not sure about are the best role for Lavezzi/Pastore and whether to play Alex or Sakho... Sakho is currently injured and Alex is playing pretty well so I'll probably stick with him.

Fixtures:

oZFfjqz.jpg

Going pretty well, the draw to Ajaccio was obviously a let down but oh well, just one of those games. Looking promising. Don't have a picture of the league table but we're second behind Lyon who have won all of their games so far.

Champions League Draw:

gXr28qv.jpg

Horrible. Possibly the toughest 4 teams we could have got from the seeds. Not too optimistic, but who knows.

Enjoying the save so far!

Hi everyone, planning to get into a PSG save soon.

Going to be biased towards French signings for the first couple of seasons, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for AMR/AML/AMC. Just for some depth as I only have Menez as cover up there.

And are there any obvious players to move on? I plan to sell Maxwell to free up a non EU slot, just wondering if the likes of Jallet and Gamiero are good enough cover to start with?

It really depends on what system and style you want in my 2-7-1 my wingbacks who are really midfielders jallett wasn't good enough for me but i have kept him before and i'm sure others have on here gameiro i keep for first season then move on , that's not deliberate jut happens that way!

And maxwell on default he's normall set to stay due to recent arrival so i keep him till january then get rid.

Haven't posted an update for quite a while but I did manage to win my first season, I like what you guys are doing with the whole French theme but I am committed to keeping Zlatan and other stars for now, my transfers so far:

Season 1 - Ins

M'Vila - 16.5m

David Alaba - 17.75m

Lucas Moura - 37.5m (as agreed already)

Demba Ba - 7m

Season 1 - Outs

Sissoko - 5m (Ajax)

--

Season 2 - Ins

Patrice Evra - 3m

Mario Rocha (regen) - 600k from Porto

Fernando Lllorente - FREE (Bosman)