[FM13] Paris Saint-Germain F.C

MrSundlofer

**TRANSFER NEWS**

ALEX OUT - 7m to Man City

IN

FALCAO :-) 24m, 120k p/w.

Made up. Took me 9 months to press blabbering to get him.

In other news, I still haven't lost a game, since Christmas we have been leathal and Zlatan has responded to Falcao coming in superbly. Only played Faclao for about 20 minutes so far but he had a few good chances in the game. Top of the league and cruising, going to set up my youth scouting network now. long term I want to let the current crop leave and have only youth. First team keeper is current Areola who has been superb and will not be coming out any time soon.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
**TRANSFER NEWS**

ALEX OUT - 7m to Man City

IN

FALCAO :-) 24m, 120k p/w.

Made up. Took me 9 months to press blabbering to get him.

In other news, I still haven't lost a game, since Christmas we have been leathal and Zlatan has responded to Falcao coming in superbly. Only played Faclao for about 20 minutes so far but he had a few good chances in the game. Top of the league and cruising, going to set up my youth scouting network now. long term I want to let the current crop leave and have only youth. First team keeper is current Areola who has been superb and will not be coming out any time soon.

Excellent transfer business! Your form and performance is great and you also identified your future project: make the youth your new PSG stars. If you can keep winning and do all this, it's mission accomplished.

I had a look at the table last night, my away form sums up my season really, played 10 away, won 7 and drew 3....scored....10 goals.....

10 goals in 10 games! That's a bit shocking. I honestly win every game 1-0 at the minute away and 2-0 at home.

Got an 11 point lead at the top of the league. 2 games to play before the City game.

How has mutiudi (sp) been for you guys? He has been absolutely immense since Christmas for me, MOM in 3 games.

Now all I have to do it figure out how to fit Falcao into the team without stopping Zlatan's amazing scoring form.

How is everyone else getting on?

Matuidi has been consistently good for me, playing as CM(D). I don't use any DM so he has alot of defensive responsibility when he plays. I rotate him with Capoue so they share duties equally, and both average around 7.20 after two seasons. In summary, Matuidi (along with Capoue) remains an important member of my team.

I am at a significant date, 30 June 2014. The PSG National team (I mean France) has somewhat surprisingly been eliminated from the World Cup in Brazil. After beating Iran 1-0 and Colombia 2-1, a third game defeat to Portugal 1-0 saw them miss out, with 6 points, on goal difference. I think that was a bit unlucky for a WC squad that contained 11 of my PSG players: Mandanda, Ruffier, Corchia, Zouma, Sakho, Capoue, Matuidi, Sissoko, Menez, Gomis, Giroud (scorer of all 3 French goals).

After more than 6 months of unfriendly negotiations, I have secured a new contract for Zouma until 2019, but his agent (another one with hatred status for me) wouldn't accept anything less than £92k p/w. That was about £20k p/w more than I wanted and I don't like it, but there was no way he was going to walk at the end of the next season. Mathieu has signed on for another year but Menez continues to over-rate himself and it looks like he will leave on a free tomorrow. I was happy to keep him at PSG as my AM© bench option, but he hasn't done enough to warrant 3rd highest earner status in excess of £80k p/w. Bodmer is also being released tomorrow, but apart from my old guard of Mathieu, Jallet and Ciani (who all expire in 2015), the rest of my first team squad and top reserve prospects are contracted to at least 2016.

In my next update, I will reveal my three new signings and coaching addition.

I had a look at the table last night, my away form sums up my season really, played 10 away, won 7 and drew 3....scored....10 goals.....

10 goals in 10 games! That's a bit shocking. I honestly win every game 1-0 at the minute away and 2-0 at home.

Got an 11 point lead at the top of the league. 2 games to play before the City game.

How has mutiudi (sp) been for you guys? He has been absolutely immense since Christmas for me, MOM in 3 games.

Now all I have to do it figure out how to fit Falcao into the team without stopping Zlatan's amazing scoring form.

How is everyone else getting on?

I really need to get back into this save. I kinda just drifted away, have a habit of doing that unless a game really gets me.

How do you line up, Falcao would be good as an advanced forward to Ibras Treq or DLF (A).

Matuidi has been consistently good for me, playing as CM(D). I don't use any DM so he has alot of defensive responsibility when he plays. I rotate him with Capoue so they share duties equally, and both average around 7.20 after two seasons. In summary, Matuidi (along with Capoue) remains an important member of my team.

I am at a significant date, 30 June 2014. The PSG National team (I mean France) has somewhat surprisingly been eliminated from the World Cup in Brazil. After beating Iran 1-0 and Colombia 2-1, a third game defeat to Portugal 1-0 saw them miss out, with 6 points, on goal difference. I think that was a bit unlucky for a WC squad that contained 11 of my PSG players: Mandanda, Ruffier, Corchia, Zouma, Sakho, Capoue, Matuidi, Sissoko, Menez, Gomis, Giroud (scorer of all 3 French goals).

After more than 6 months of unfriendly negotiations, I have secured a new contract for Zouma until 2019, but his agent (another one with hatred status for me) wouldn't accept anything less than £92k p/w. That was about £20k p/w more than I wanted and I don't like it, but there was no way he was going to walk at the end of the next season. Mathieu has signed on for another year but Menez continues to over-rate himself and it looks like he will leave on a free tomorrow. I was happy to keep him at PSG as my AM© bench option, but he hasn't done enough to warrant 3rd highest earner status in excess of £80k p/w. Bodmer is also being released tomorrow, but apart from my old guard of Mathieu, Jallet and Ciani (who all expire in 2015), the rest of my first team squad and top reserve prospects are contracted to at least 2016.

11 players in the national team is excellent, well done. I tried that with my Southampton team and got 8 max. I had 10 in the pre-world cup 30 man squad but two lost out.

Look forward to your signings and additions.

Very impressive to have that many players in the national team mate. Also impressed by your wage control, I presume the clubs bank balance is quite high?

How much did you sign Zouma for? I tried to get him in the first summer but they wanted 27m for him which I wasn't willing to pay.

Falcao I am hoping to play either behind Zlatan or rotate with him.

I am thinking that I might turn up at the Ethiad and give them a massive fright and play 4-4-2 for the first time. They will be expecting me to play my usual 3-6-1. If I turn up and throw Falcao up there, go for it and nick an away goal, I am confident I can beat them at home.

Plainlayzee, I forgot to say, you're doing well and even if it's a bit dull, the board will be content with such a big lead in Ligue 1.

I signed Zouma for £16.5m in season 1, on wages of £36k p/w. The wage bill is currently something like £1.5m, when I am allowed around £2.1m. Expenditure will go down when a few of the reserves - and Menez - leave tomorrow. The transfer budget last season was £192m but I had a net spend of just £9m. This year the transfer budget was £192m again, and I have spent the princely sum of £19m so far. Successive wins in Ligue 1, and the run to the CL Final have certainly kept finances in good order!

Gary, I have never gone beyond 4 seasons in FM (it's usually 1-2 and occasionally 3) so I understand how you feel. I'm enjoying it because it's a totally different challenge for me. Was it too easy for you at PSG?

Most of the last season has seen PSG dominate the French squad, sometimes adding to my injury woes because of it. But yes it's good to see so many at the WC, especially in Brazil. To have 8 from Southampton was excellent.

The new signings, one of which you will be especially pleased to see, are:

Aly Cissokho (Valencia £5.25m)

After being priced out of a permanent move for Haidara (Newcastle) after two seasons on loan, I looked at a few other options including the forward-thinking Tabanou and the more defensive-minded Umtiti. Preferring to focus on a LWB who combined attacking strengths like crossing, pace and stamina with good defensive ability, I was happy to pay a modest fee for a player of this quality. On a reasonable wage of £50k p/w, and happy to accept a rotation status, he should be a capable understudy for Digne and Mathieu. At 26 years old he is at the right age, and his ability will allow me to release Mathieu at the end of this next season, by which time our reserve player Pierre Bourdin will be ready to come in as my 3rd squad option.

Morgan Schneiderlin (Southampton £9m)

A player I had looked at before, he came in to the frame again when I decided we needed more options in CM positions. With Bodmer leaving, and after learning from the injury crisis that rocked us at the end of the last season, I looked at numerous players from my original shortlist. As bids for Martin, M'Vila, Ben Arfa and a few others reached the point where I was uncomfortable, my offer for Morgan was accepted and his reasonable wage demands of £38k p/w fitted in nicely with my financial planning. Again at a good age, he will give serious competition to Cabaye and Chantome in the DLP role and can also be used in the CM(D) role if necessary. With my AMC options reduced by the imminent departure of Menez, this signing may also allow Cabaye to be tried out further forward if Moussa Sissoko is unavailable. His presence may also allow me to consider utilising Capoue in a CB role in the future, which is possible as the impressive Ciani is likely to be released at the end of the next season. Rabiot is showing all the right signs as my hot prospect and will add to my options in the central part of the pitch.

Loris Nery (Valenciennes £4.7m)

With Corchia impressing when Jallet was injured in the second half of last season, and cementing the RWB role for himself, I still felt short of depth here. Jallet is being kept on for another year but I didn't want to repeat my shortcomings of last term, so another RWB was essential. My initial and long-term target was Djibril Sidibe, but Lille refused to accept anything I offered before I bailed out of the bidding at £8m. As with the LWB position, I need somebody with the attacking and fitness attributes, but also with a competent defensive side to their game. With the probability that they would understudy Corchia for some time, a refusal of my tentative bid for Debuchy was probably a blessing. A few other targets were considered - especially Kevin Theophile-Catherine, the somewhat bizarrely and questionably named Rennes wing-back, who has an ability to play both sides of the pitch. However, once the asking price for him exceeded the limit I was prepared to pay, I re-visited this prospect that had been considered during season 1. Having helped Valenciennes and their miserly defence to run me so very close in Ligue 1 last season, the fee for Nery was excellent value, and his wage demands of £16k p/w made him the perfect choice. He will be a rotation option but is already capable of playing, and he will remove any concerns over the departure of Jallet at the end of this next season. By that point, Loick Landre will be ready to join the squad as the 3rd option in this role.

My new coaching addition is the recently-retired Sylvain Distin. With fantastic skills in numerous areas, and with him being a lover of PSG, I am delighted to welcome him to the staff on a long term deal.

I'm delighted with my signings and evolution methods of our squad management. My strategy is to continue replacing those older players with a younger version, modelled on their predecessors characteristics and attributes. Rather than replacing from the top down, we replace from the bottom up. By developing our new talent, these guys know that they can be the next in line to showcase their ability in the PSG first team.

Jogo, I admire your control of the finances, it is very impressive. I think long term I would like to do something similar, have a good young team and keep the finances well controlled, not spending 50m per player all the time!

Cissohko is a very good signing, someone I have looked at myself as a long term replacement for Maxwell. In my 5-3-2/3-5-1-1 formation I require good attacking full backs and he certainly fits this mould, I am sure he will be very good for you. Schneiderlin is interesting, his stats seems OK but not hugely impressive, however, I have noticed a lot of people make the same signing on this game when they are a 'big' team. A lot of Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea managers sign him for his defensive qualities, again, a very good signing. Nery I do not know anything about and therefore cannot comment, but please keep us updated.

Sylvain Distin as a coach is brilliant. I am looking to do something similar with William Gallas, signed short term as defensive cover but his coaching stats are very good, likely to be kept in the backroom staff. We are his home town team so he will be happy to stay.

Hoping to play a few more games tonight, hopefully including the Man City game. If not I will tomorrow. Ideally I want to extend my lead at the top to around 15 points, maintain this and then I can rest a few players before CL games, obviously depending on if I stay in the competition.

Great updates guys, glad to see everyone sticking with PSG, hope the thread doesn't lose yous as the seasons go on.

Very impressive signings Jogo, Cissokho is someone I've had my eye on before, fantastic transfer savey again with your restraint on spending big.

My mid-season review is almost finished, it's a semi big one for me, hope it's not too long. Ill get it up tonight once I'm home so I can include some screenshots.

Thanks for your feedback guys, and positive comments on my relatively modest signings. Hopefully they will all contribute for me.

Plainlayzee, good luck against Man City when you finally get to it.

Hoarau, I'm very much looking forward to your latest review and don't worry about how long it is.

Jogo, I admire your control of the finances, it is very impressive. I think long term I would like to do something similar, have a good young team and keep the finances well controlled, not spending 50m per player all the time!

Cissohko is a very good signing, someone I have looked at myself as a long term replacement for Maxwell. In my 5-3-2/3-5-1-1 formation I require good attacking full backs and he certainly fits this mould, I am sure he will be very good for you. Schneiderlin is interesting, his stats seems OK but not hugely impressive, however, I have noticed a lot of people make the same signing on this game when they are a 'big' team. A lot of Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea managers sign him for his defensive qualities, again, a very good signing. Nery I do not know anything about and therefore cannot comment, but please keep us updated.

Sylvain Distin as a coach is brilliant. I am looking to do something similar with William Gallas, signed short term as defensive cover but his coaching stats are very good, likely to be kept in the backroom staff. We are his home town team so he will be happy to stay.

Hoping to play a few more games tonight, hopefully including the Man City game. If not I will tomorrow. Ideally I want to extend my lead at the top to around 15 points, maintain this and then I can rest a few players before CL games, obviously depending on if I stay in the competition.

Schneiderlin is quality when played correctly. Defensively he can be excellent but you have to take into account his PPM of "Gets forward often" which he doesn't like unlearning. I used him as a DLP with a DM next time him and also as a CM support.

As for your formation, it would be great to see how you get Ibra and Falcao combining well. I think they could be a good partnership, i'd be interested in seeing that work out

Schneiderlin is quality when played correctly. Defensively he can be excellent but you have to take into account his PPM of "Gets forward often" which he doesn't like unlearning. I used him as a DLP with a DM next time him and also as a CM support.

As for your formation, it would be great to see how you get Ibra and Falcao combining well. I think they could be a good partnership, i'd be interested in seeing that work out

I haven't got a clue how to get them playing together at the moment. I admire Zlatan and don't want to have to let him go, but he works best as a lone striker and so does Falcao. I may swtich front a 3-5-1-1 to a 3-5-2. Lucas Moura/Levezzi could drop back into the midfield positions and play 2 up front. As Levezzi hasn't really performed in the AM mid position he could possibly be pushed out to a AMR. This would also mean I don't have to buy a new winger in the summer. Menez will be leaving I think due to his poor performances and high wage demands.

psg20logo20wallpaper.png

psglogos.png

That's me just reached February and its been as dramatic a season as last, albeit with slightly better results. I've spent quite a bit this season but I'm slowly but surely getting it back and moving on players who aren't needed in my rather large squad. With the ultimate goal of making money over spending within reason, exceptions will be made of course. One of the best actions I've taken was to sack my Director of Football and hire Brazillian legend Zico, I also aimed to bring back the likes of Rai, Pauleta, Heinze & Djorkieff to the club.

Ligue 1 So far...

I'm involved in a title race that goes from 1st to 8th and the gap between them all is 6 points. It's extremely topsy turvey with nigh on all teams dropping points week to week. Again my job is riding on how we perform week to week, I've been on the brink of the buillet for so many games my poor nerves are in peices!

I can honestly say its one of the most exciting campaigns I've had on any football manager, I'm not sure why I'm finding it as difficult with PSG which perhaps is more about me as a manager than the "challenge" of the club. All that aside it's still very addictive, I find the ups and downs much more appealing than steam rolling the opposition right from season 1, I just hope the board stick with me long enough to get to the steam rolling stage!

leagueso.jpg

UEFA Europa League

After topping a group where the only main competition was Feyenoord we have drawn . I'm hoping for a right result away from home here and try to sneak one or two at home, I'm actually very focused on trying to win this competition as I've looked around at all the teams still in the competition and I'm not overly afraid of anyone, there are tough games of course but I'd hope to be considered an outside favourite.

Transfers(Ins & Outs)

January(Ins)

Patrice Evra - Man Utd - £5.5m

Paul Pogba - Juventus - £10.5m(this was a loan I decided to make permanent after just a couple of days)

3x Newgens from Corinthians - £9m(in total)

Summer(Ins)

Sebastian Corchia - Sochuax - £11.2m

Younes Belhanda - Montpellier - £14m

Robert Lewandowski - Dortmund - Bosman

Jordy Classie - Feyenoord - Bosman

Bafetimubi Gomis - O. Lyon - Bosman

Antoine Griezmann – Real Sociedad - £18m

January(Outs)

Marco Verratti - FC Porto - £5.5m

Summer(Outs)

- Haven't agreed any as of yet, I've done this because I still have games to go and in hoping that good performances from some players will increase the fee I may attract for them. I already rejected 3 bids of £20+ from Bayern Munich for Lucas Moura, I'm hoping to get maybe £30+ during the summer for him should I move him on.

transfersd.jpg

Tactics

These have evolved steadily all season as my original layout was defensively solid but there were many games that we looked lightweight in front if goal. I'm going to keep my original tactic and work on again through pre season as I feel there is potential there if I can tweak some things and get the balance right between staying solid at the back but also threatening up top.

My new tactic has given me more goals and attacking threat but its also stayed quite solid. My only fear is with no wing backs I'm quite exposed but with the back 3, Anchorman in front of them and the two CM's all defending I feel we have enough cover in our half of the field. I may change the DLP to support again so there is new of a link between the back unit and the front 4. The frontline is where my tactic has improved a tad, the two IF's bomb into the box while the DLF drags defenders away leaving Gamiero as the AF(a) to use his pace and exploit and space, seems to give defences quite a headache so far. I'm not getting carried away yet though as we haven't really gave it a long enough run...and what a time to test it eh?

Squad Performance

Goalkeepers

I've gave both Sirigu and Ospina an even split of the games so far, poor Areola has only see 3 games as of yet due to the importance of the fixtures we're involved in. I think I may look at the goalkeeper position during the summer and maybe move on both Sirigu & Ospina to bring in Lloris with young Areola as deputy.

Defence

Having a back three to select from Thiago Silva, Kurt Zouma, Mamadou Sakho and the improving Etienne Capoue makes those spots easy to maintain. All four of them have been rocks, Silva & Sakho standing out for me as the rocks, Zouma is still learning but even then he's been solid when called upon and with those around him to learn from he's in good hands.

The full backs have actually been more potent on attack than defense, Jallet, Digne, VDW and now Evra are all getting a good handful of assists and surprisingly a decent amount of goals. Very happy with their contribution, that being said this change in formation where there is no WB may limit the game time they see, that's something ill have to monitor.

Midfield

This is really split into 3 mini sections almost, "Defensive midfield" - "Supportive Midfield" & "Attacking Midfield". M'Villa & Wanyama have been outstanding, rocks at the back but very composed going forward, chipping in with a couple of goals. Wanyama scored a really special goal tacking 3 players in a row, winning the ball them busting his lungs by running straight through the heart of their midfield and defense to blast it past the keeper, I actually sat in shock as I didn't know he had it in him.

Big sexy, the heartbeat of my team...Yohan Cabaye. His AvR may not state it but I see him during games having his hand in everything, a wee pass here...long sprayed ball there, the mans a gift. I truly feel if I'm to have any long term and real success it'll be because of Yohan. When he doesn't play I've been slotting Pastore in there trying to get him used to playing this role and he's done pretty well, he does play better out on the left as an AML but that's my boy Bernard's position so he's finding it tough.

Out wide I just alluded to him but the main man is Paris new Brazillian poster boy, the aire to Rai's throne. Bernard. He had a really shaky start, so much so that in an earlier update I mentioned to Jogo that I may have wasted £30m on what would be my biggest mistake ever. How wrong was I? I think the language and new surroundings, which is something ive never really look into in FM, had a real impact on his first maybe 10 games, after that he started to show me why I put such a high outlay on him. With 10 goals so far and still a few games to go he's having a storming first season which I hope he's takes into next season right off the bat.

My secret assassin has been Jeremy Menez, Mr PSG, he hasn't put in a bad game, scored a handful of goals but its his assist record that's really impressive, I think it's sitting at 15 so far? A real favourite of mine.

Attack

At the start this was all about one man, Pierre Emerick Abumenyang, he hit 13 goals in 17 games before things dried up, not just for him but as I mentioned the whole team went a bit tame in the attack so I swap things around and have him a partner and the two of them are somewhat rejuvenated, Kevin Gamiero. It was like signing a new player, Gamiero had went like 16 hours I think without a goal then I played him as an AF(a), things improved slightly.. Then I put him up front with Abumenyang and the two of them burst into life! The link up play is promising and I hope it's the sign of things to come. This has also given Gamiero a second life at the Parc de Princes as he was on his way out the door come seasons end.

Squeaky Bum Time..

I've got some real testing fixture around the corner in the coming weeks, all against top 8 sides battling for the title. I've been finding myself check the other sides results and fixtures more than any other save I've had, the thrill of seeing one of my rivals draw or lose is a new added dimension for me.

Hoarau, that's a really awesome update, and well worth waiting for. I love the graphics you included too.

I like most of your signings and although it's a different approach to me, on another day and with other objectives, lots of those players would interest me aswell. I also see that you have made good money on your sales too. It must be satisfying that you seem to have found a formation that is going to work for you. It's fair to say that 3-1-2-4 is one of the more unusual styles, and it's a bit scary for me having no FB or WB (there will be 4 unhappy boys every matchday too!), but it seems to be doing OK. I like the fact that your IF idea is working out, and that your striking combination is firing. It's not easy to get both strikers scoring regularly at the same time so that's good news indeed. The Bosman additions of Lewandowski and Gomis are great value and will give you selection headaches of the nice variety. Finally, of course, I am pleased that your investment on Bernard is paying dividends.

It's good to see your enthusiasm for this project and the little things that show your passion for PSG. Good luck in the Europa League and quest to win Ligue 1. Like you, I find the competition makes this a really exciting time to be managing PSG.

One other thing your post did is remind me about my staff, as none of us had touched too much on that before. I really like your idea of trying to re-appoint club legends, I do this at most of my clubs whatever league they are in - it's a great touch and makes you feel more like a real custodian of the club and it's traditions and history!

Some of my more interesting appointments in my backroom staff (in addition to Makelele of course) are Louis Saha (coach), Sylvain Distin (coach), Francisco Ayestaran (coach), Gilles Grimandi (chief scout), Robert Pires (U19 AM). I know there is a rogue Spaniard in there, but he was really needed. In fact he should be much more than a coach, but I feel almost dirty for just having him anyway!

My latest staff addition is more sensational though - the newly-deposed manager of France, Didier Deschamps! I swooped on the very day he exited the top job, and he was looking to become my U19 Manager on just £3.2k p/w!!! I didn't have a role for him there, and his youth stats were not great, so I quickly offered the post of DOF (I didn't really need one to be honest) and he signed immediately for 5 years on just £3.2k p/w! I limit his role as I prefer not to use DOF's, but thought it was a great coup to bring him to PSG. The move also delighted six or seven of my squad, by virtue of him being their favoured personnel from the National team days!!

I'm in July 2014 and have just completed my light schedule of four friendlies with solid wins in our 'profiling' tour of South Korea. We are now preparing to face Caen in the Champions Trophy season opener (they won the Cup and Ligue 1 wooden spoon, an interesting double!).

Edit: A rather familiar 0-0 draw with Caen, and a tense 9-8 penalty triumph saw us retain the Trophy. My decision to buy a third RWB has already paid off, with the news that Jallet is out for another 2 months (again). This latest injury also prompted me to upgrade Sakho from VC to captain, with Mandanda now taking the vacant VC role.

Hoarau, that's a really awesome update, and well worth waiting for. I love the graphics you included too.

I like most of your signings and although it's a different approach to me, on another day and with other objectives, lots of those players would interest me aswell. I also see that you have made good money on your sales too. It must be satisfying that you seem to have found a formation that is going to work for you. It's fair to say that 3-1-2-4 is one of the more unusual styles, and it's a bit scary for me having no FB or WB (there will be 4 unhappy boys every matchday too!), but it seems to be doing OK. I like the fact that your IF idea is working out, and that your striking combination is firing. It's not easy to get both strikers scoring regularly at the same time so that's good news indeed. The Bosman additions of Lewandowski and Gomis are great value and will give you selection headaches of the nice variety. Finally, of course, I am pleased that your investment on Bernard is paying dividends.

It's good to see your enthusiasm for this project and the little things that show your passion for PSG. Good luck in the Europa League and quest to win Ligue 1. Like you, I find the competition makes this a really exciting time to be managing PSG.

One other thing your post did is remind me about my staff, as none of us had touched too much on that before. I really like your idea of trying to re-appoint club legends, I do this at most of my clubs whatever league they are in - it's a great touch and makes you feel more like a real custodian of the club and it's traditions and history!

Some of my more interesting appointments in my backroom staff (in addition to Makelele of course) are Louis Saha (coach), Sylvain Distin (coach), Francisco Ayestaran (coach), Gilles Grimandi (chief scout), Robert Pires (U19 AM). I know there is a rogue Spaniard in there, but he was really needed. In fact he should be much more than a coach, but I feel almost dirty for just having him anyway!

My latest staff addition is more sensational though - the newly-deposed manager of France, Didier Deschamps! I swooped on the very day he exited the top job, and he was looking to become my U19 Manager on just £3.2k p/w!!! I didn't have a role for him there, and his youth stats were not great, so I quickly offered the post of DOF (I didn't really need one to be honest) and he signed immediately for 5 years on just £3.2k p/w! I limit his role as I prefer not to use DOF's, but thought it was a great coup to bring him to PSG. The move also delighted six or seven of my squad, by virtue of him being their favoured personnel from the National team days!!

I'm in July 2014 and have just completed my light schedule of four friendlies with solid wins in our 'profiling' tour of South Korea. We are now preparing to face Caen in the Champions Trophy season opener (they won the Cup and Ligue 1 wooden spoon, an interesting double!).

Edit: A rather familiar 0-0 draw with Caen, and a tense 9-8 penalty triumph saw us retain the Trophy. My decision to buy a third RWB has already paid off, with the news that Jallet is out for another 2 months (again). This latest injury also prompted me to upgrade Sakho from VC to captain, with Mandanda now taking the vacant VC role.

Just read with great interest the last two updates. Particulary interested in Mr Deschamps coming in as a DOF. I

Our of interest, who do you lot have as Assistant managers? Mine at the moment is Paco Ayesteran with Camolli at DOF, but both have contracts that run out in 2014 and I may not renew if I can get someone better. Both only came in because they were the best of a bad bunch.

I have now beaten Toulouse away 4-1 despite only having 10 men. My best away performance by an absolute mile. However, I then drew 1-1 at home to Batista, managing only 2 shots all game which was shocking. On a positive note, still unbeaten this season. I say that, I went out the French League Cup to Lyon on penalties but I wasn't that bothered.

Next game, Man City.....

Horaou how has Wanyama been for you? I scouted him a lot for his work rate but not too sure if he worth the 12 million Celtic wanted? M'Villa seemed like a better option for in the summer perhaps?

Nice win at Toulouse and it's impressive to still be unbeaten. The board don't care about the domestic cups if you achieve your other objectives.

I still have Paul Clement as my Asst Manager, I never really felt the need to upgrade him as I handle most things myself. IRL I am not at all bothered about Deschamps and never really liked him as a player, but for the game, I thought it was a coup. I don't let him do much though, I think he has responsibility to recommend on my scouts reports, but I still make all the decisions on my players so it makes him a passenger really.

I just wont the Ligue 1 opener, 3-1 at Nice. As I mentioned before, they always play a flat 343 against me with 3 x standard CB, 4 x standard midfield players, and 3 x central strikers. Do they do that in anyone else's game? Brave tactics and refreshingly positive.

Ours strikers are in form, having just seen the latest international results:

France 1-0 Germany (Giroud)

France U21 5-1 Croatia U21 (Maupay 3)

Bulgaria U19 1-2 France U19 (Ongenda)

Jogo, Valenciennes do that to me every time I play them, haven't noticed Nice doing it though.

Plainlayzee, I think I've mentioned it but Wanyama has been a lot better than I thought he would be, after brining in M'Vila I expected Wanyama to be his understudy and fill in for him when needed but he's taken the anchor role and made it his own, his physical game is second to none, aswell as his uncanny ability to run with the ball and charge at the defense with oddly effective ability. Would definetly recommend.

As for my assistant manager, Clement's contract it currently due to expire and I wot be renewing it. I'm gonna have a look at former players like Rai, Pauleta etc and see if they have some potential if not ill add to the Brazillian contingent of Leonardo and Zico by bringing in a favourite of mine from Brazil, Jair Ventura.

Valenciennes were quite defensive in my version, and did very well with it. Rai isn't in my game but I like your strategy to do that with your staff. Is Jair the brother of Ace?!?

On a personal level, I'm happy to see the East African is not letting you down.

I presume Wanyama doesn't fit into the 'fgn' bracket does he? I already have my 4 in Moura, Thiago Silva, Faclao and Maxwell?

I found that Valenciennes also played a 3-4-3 against me at home. It caused my 3 at the back formation a few problems to be fair. But that was early season when Verane etc didn't have a clue what they were doing!

Well i would like to say thanks to the banter on here and after watching PSG play Barca on tuesday my motivation to play the game again has returned. It has been fun so far and quiet frustrating at times as i must have used at least 10 different formations until around december i have settled for one 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond with attacking fullbacks. I must say for a club with a big budget the backroom staff there are very poor and i terminated all there contracts bar a few u19 coaches. I then brought in my own staff and the adventure began.

Most clubs i manage i like to have mainly home grown players with a few exceptions, which many on here seem to do as well. So i have made five signings so far and surprise surpise they have all been french.

Mavuba from lille for 14m

Maupay from nice 1.3m comp

Varane from Madrid 22.5m

Capoue from toulouse 13m

January tranfer window signing of Toulanan from malaga 13.75m

The season started slowly and we mainly just grinded out results as i just could not find a formation i was happy with. I tried everything from 2,3,4 and 5 at the back to 1,2 or 3 up front, a nightmare really that with all the new players trying to gel as well and Ibra got injured for the first two months and only scored his first gaol for the club in mid November.

Anyway 26 games in we are top of the league by 5 points and a game in hand

We have made the league cup final, in the quarter final of both the french cup and champions league still awaiting the draw for this, lets hope it is kind.

On a bad note i have lost pastore, varane and matuidi for rest of the season not very good as we enter a very busy schedule.

Good look with your games and keep updating

The owners want to make PSG one of the top 5 clubs in europe lets aim to make them the biggest.

ps i would have done screenshots but i have not got the foggist how to

Mr. Layzee, I haven't planned to do anything on the stadium front so can't help you there. Hoarau would have to answer you on Wanyama.

Tiger, welcome. In theory, with that name, you should know plenty about clubs, right? Despite all the changes of approach you are doing very well. Decent signings too.

I was also a screenshot novice, some of the guys gave help on here if you want to read back a bit, although I found that creating a free 'photobucket account' was the easiest way forward. Press 'alt' and 'F9' keys together and the screen image can be saved in a screenshot folder from within your your pc. You should locate it from looking in documents, sports interactive, fm13, screenshots. From your open photobucket account find the upload button (near the top) and find the image from your pc folder by clicking on 'browse'. Upload it and when it is finished, open it by clicking on it within the photobucket page. On the right hand side, you will see various links and I think the 4th one says image id or something similar. Click on the url and you should get a yellow notice saying 'copy'. Come back in here and 'paste' and it should show up. I am a novice so can only speak from my experience of 1 week. If it doesn't work like that, sorry but please continue to update even with no screenshots.

Welcome aboard Tiger, good to see more people joining in with a team on the rise.

Great signings, Capoue has been a real servant for me due to his willingness to play several positions and roles. Maupay is my new golden boy, he's having a storming season on loan at Montpillier in my second season and I can't wait till he comes back, great prospect. I've said to everyone that will listen, have a look at Pierre Emerick Abuyameng from St Etienne, he's playing for Gabon but has a French 2nd nationality, quality.

I too struggled most of not all my first season getting a solid formation, nearly lost my job several times. Stick with it and once they gel it levels out and you can tweak till your happy. I'm still working with mine just now to be honest but that just adds to the fun and realism.

I just had the craziest first leg in the Europa League 1st knockout stage, away to Ajax and we go 2-0 up I think excellent, game over... 3 goals in 10 mins and they're winning. I score in the 89th min to make 3-3 and think not too bad I can take then to the Parc with a slight advantage, then BANG! Own goal in the 94min of 2 mins of Injury time... 4-3 to Ajax. The second leg is at our patch so I'm hoping to get out the blocks early and grab a goal or two, hopefully keep them from scoring.

**EDIT**

Layzee - No Wanyama doesn't take up a FGN spot. I just realised how young he is, with his age there is a lot of room to train him how you want. And with those physicals I really can't recommend him enough, the lads a beast.

ParisSaint-Germain_FixturesSchedule-4_zps39886d38.png

A mixed bag of results in season 3 so far. Now in October 2014 we sit 3rd in Ligue 1, a couple of points off the pace and with a game in hand. We only made the three summer signings (Nery, Schneiderlin, Cissokho) whilst finally we sold Maxwell (£1 million). Menez departed along with Bodmer, Momo Sissoko and Lugano.

We again faced Barcelona within our CL group, and after an excellent win in Austria, our progress was checked when going 4-0 down after 21 minutes at home against the Spanish giants. We rallied a bit and made the score look respectable but that was much worse than last season when we took 4 points from them. Luckily, I feel that the other two teams in our group should not stop us qualifying again.

ParisSaint-Germain_FixturesSchedule-4_zps39886d38.png

A mixed bag of results in season 3 so far. Now in October 2014 we sit 3rd in Ligue 1, a couple of points off the pace and with a game in hand. We only made the three summer signings (Nery, Schneiderlin, Cissokho) whilst finally we sold Maxwell (£1 million). Menez departed along with Bodmer, Momo Sissoko and Lugano.

We again faced Barcelona within our CL group, and after an excellent win in Austria, our progress was checked when going 4-0 down after 21 minutes at home against the Spanish giants. We rallied a bit and made the score look respectable but that was much worse than last season when we took 4 points from them. Luckily, I feel that the other two teams in our group should not stop us qualifying again.

Not a bad set of results, hopefully you will become more consistant towards the mid-late parts of the season and really kick on.

I am having a similar set really, I beat Man City away 1-0 in CL, Zlatan crossed the ball, completely miss hit it, Joe Hart stood there and watched the ball float over his head and into the net :-) - they hardly had a shot but to be fair I went very very defensive after the goal went in (17th minute) and just kept the ball. Hopefull I can get minimum draw at home and progress.

In the league, we got beat 2-0 away to someone (can't remember the team or spell it!!) Shausaux or something maybe? Lost 2-0 anyway, very poor performance. I have a lot of players either injured, suspended or very tired at the moment. Followed this up with a 0-0 draw at home with Marsaille before beating Auxerre away 2-1 in the French cup. It took us extra time to beat them however, Sakho got sent off and most players were down to around 50% by the end of it.

6 days off now, then Stade Rennis at home before the return of the CL with Man City. Might make a lot of changed before the league game as we are still 10 points clear in the league. Lyon/Marsaille can't seem to put more than 2 wins together so as long as my points total is ticking over I should be fine. Confident of beating them at home even with a weakened team.

Biggest problem has been Falcao. He has been getting some awful ratings, only scored once and is generally not performing. Last time out against Auxerre he was improved and got a 7.1 rating, but the games before this he got a 5.1/5.4 and a 5.7. Not a great start at all.

Thinking he might need to be rested for a few weeks, allow him time to settle and then gradually bring him back into the team. problem being that Zlatan plays best on his own and it seems Faclao does as well. Tricky ey.

ALLEZ PARIS!

Good win at City. I suffered a similar goal to that in the 93rd minute of my home game against Nantes, costing me two points. The ME is very good in my opinion, but these sort of things happen a little too often, especially against the likes of Hart or in my case Mandanda. Of course, if it was an England keeper playing for his country, these sort of things should happen alot, but that's another story (like Scotland keepers of WC 1978 era).

Anyway, back on topic. I am confident of winning Ligue 1 but it's never easy. Well, you seem to be making it look fairly easy. Surprised about Falcao although I have never managed him myself. Maybe it is just settling in and he will come good in time. Gomis also took time to settle for me, not helped by injuries in his first season, but now he is beginning to fire. He wasn't even scoring in the reserve team before, when I tried to boost his fitness and confidence. I now have a pleasurable dilemma of him or the excellent Gameiro to partner Giroud, who is also coming good again this season.

I think the team who beat you was Sochaux. Hopefully your squad will hold out with a bit of rest and rotation, to see you through. How big is your first team squad anyway?

Hoarau, that Ajax game sounds like a real thriller. The away goals should help you get through in the home leg. Good luck!

My squad unfortunately isn't great, something that needs addressing for next season. We probably have another 18 'first team' players and a few youngsters. I need to get some better quality youth in and some sqaud players who won't cost me 50 million a pop.

Did you manage to make Ovedega (the AMC youngster) any good at all? Apologies my spelling is awful and I don't have the game on in front of me. He is only young, stats are OK but he hasn't really ever pushed for a first team place. The odd game he has played I have had to hall him off for being awful.

Sochaux was the team you are correct! I owe them next season, they ended a 25 game unbeaten run.

How much did you pay for Giroud?

Ideally I need a young striker who can be an understoody to Falcao and Zlatan. Gameiro hasn't done it for me at all, Liverpool are interested and offered me 10m in January but I knocked it back as I hadn't signed Falcao at he time.

My squad unfortunately isn't great, something that needs addressing for next season. We probably have another 18 'first team' players and a few youngsters. I need to get some better quality youth in and some sqaud players who won't cost me 50 million a pop.

Did you manage to make Ovedega (the AMC youngster) any good at all? Apologies my spelling is awful and I don't have the game on in front of me. He is only young, stats are OK but he hasn't really ever pushed for a first team place. The odd game he has played I have had to hall him off for being awful.

Sochaux was the team you are correct! I owe them next season, they ended a 25 game unbeaten run.

How much did you pay for Giroud?

Ideally I need a young striker who can be an understoody to Falcao and Zlatan. Gameiro hasn't done it for me at all, Liverpool are interested and offered me 10m in January but I knocked it back as I hadn't signed Falcao at he time.

I have a first team squad of 22-23, all of which are totally ready for first team action. Plus a few hot young talents in reserve that could play but don't get the opportunities they really deserve. Giving it more thought, that is more than last season (added three and lost two). I tend to rotate alot of my players, although I have my preferred favorites who play more than their understudies. Only my CB trio (Sakho, Ciani, Zouma), Sissoko and Giroud are automatic picks. I think you do need a slightly bigger squad but don't go too far in that direction, just try and get decent understudies you can rely on when injuries, fitness or loss of form affects you.

Ongenda is the one you mean. He is a leading scorer in my reserve team, and could easily play in the first team as a striker. Sadly he doesn't get the chance he deserves, but my plan is to allow Gomis and Charbonnier the chance to move on in 1-2 years, with Ongenda, Maupay and Sanogo taking their places. They're all being nurtured along by me at the moment.

I paid £22.5m for Giroud in season 1. He was the ideal TM that I needed so I didn't mind the fairly high price. That's by far the biggest signing I ever made in FM. Gameiro can be excellent as AF(A) where his pace and finishing provide goals and assists. If you don't want to try again with him, Gomis may be available on a Bosman at the end of season 2, or try Maupay/Ongenda as your back-up? From abroad, Lewandowski or Hernandez (Man U) may be available cheaply?

I have a first team squad of 22-23, all of which are totally ready for first team action. Plus a few hot young talents in reserve that could play but don't get the opportunities they really deserve. Giving it more thought, that is more than last season (added three and lost two). I tend to rotate alot of my players, although I have my preferred favorites who play more than their understudies. Only my CB trio (Sakho, Ciani, Zouma) and Giroud are automatic picks. I think you do need a slightly bigger squad but don't go too far in that direction, just try and get decent understudies you can rely on when injuries, fitness or loss of form affects you.

Ongenda is the one you mean. He is a leading scorer in my reserve team, and could easily play in the first team as a striker. Sadly he doesn't get the chance he deserves, but my plan is to allow Gomis and Charbonnier the chance to move on in 1-2 years, with Ongenda, Maupay and Sanogo taking their places. They're all being nurtured along by me at the moment.

I paid £22.5m for Giroud in season 1. He was the ideal TM that I needed so I didn't mind the fairly high price. That's by far the biggest signing I ever made in FM. Gameiro can be excellent as AF(A) where his pace and finishing provide goals and assists. If you don't want to try again with him, Gomis may be available on a Bosman at the end of season 2, or try Maupay/Ongenda as your back-up? From abroad, Lewandowski or Hernandez (Man U) may be available cheaply?

Lawandowski and Hernandez are both available, but I don't really want tp pay 20m for Lewandowski and Hernandez wouldn't be happy sitting on the bench I don't think? Tricky. I have been using Ongenda (thanks for correcting) as my backup but as I say he has been pretty hopeless. I might drop him back into the reserves for the end of the season, get his confidence and fitness up and see how he gets on then.

Squad players are a must. I nearly signed Flamini from AC since he only wanted 35k but he chose to stay there instead on 80k p/w - yes 80k p/w!! No wonder he stayed.

Think I might make a move for Pogba as he isn't playing much for Juve. They signed Anderson from Man Utd who has taking his place in the team. Also been playing Matuidi and Verratti a bit who have been quite good, but not sure if they will ever become key players. Possibly loan Verratti out if I can get Pogba in.

I will be honest, this game is gripping don't get me wrong. The excitement of the European games has been great and it has kept me quite engrossed, but the last few times I have switched on I have lost some interest. Even before the Man City game I was struggling to be particulary bothered! Hoping it is just a phase and I will get back into it since we are into the latter stages of the season. I have felt a bit like I can just press continue, sit back, play some god dam awful football but win every single week quite comfortably.....

Thanks Jogo for your help on the screen update.

We drew AC Milan in the champions league QF but my injury count is a worry. We have a 9 point lead in the league with 8 games left and because of limited personal i gave debuts to Yaisien and Ongenda against Montpellier.

Fingers crossed for the milan game which i will play later and try and finish the season off tonight or sometime tomorrow

Ligue1_OverviewProfile_zps715082e5.png

Layzee, sorry to hear it isn't quite motivating you. That's part of the reason I gave myself extra 'rules' on making it a pure French team.

If you're finding it too easy I would suggest giving your youth lots of games. If you get results, even with a few blips, but see them developing in to future stars, maybe that will keep your interest.

Tiger, congratulations on the screen shot - and excellent results!

I've actually got Ongenda and Rabiot in my first team and they've both contributed quite well. Rabiot set up my 3rd against Ajax actually.

I've really high hopes for Ongenda, he's scored twice already this season with only 5 sub appearances but his link up play is impressive. I'm hoping to start forming a Ongenda/Maupay partnership next season.

Layzee, if your looking to build a decent "squad" who won't cost £30m a time I suggest looking within the league, there's a whole host of talent, which is where I do most of my purchasing. Hope you stick with it man, I'm enjoying this thread being so active.

I'm pleased to hear that Rabiot and Ongenda are doing well for you Hoarau, I really want to be brave enough to start them regularly. My plan for next season is to release my excellent old guard (Mathieu, Jallet, Ciani) and take more risks on youth.

I think Rabiot can replace Chantome in my squad next season (I kept him on until I my four Club HG spots could be taken by some of my purchased youngsters like Zouma, Maupay and Digne). I will probably sell on one or two of Gomis/Gameiro/Charbonnier/Sanogo to allow an attacking space for Ongenda too.

Yeah Ongenda is doing great as is Rabiot, really delighted with how they have adapted to top level football but the story of my season so far is this lad...

jcbv.jpg

He's putting in some exceptional performances while Menez is out injured, real maruding, threatning IF.

Nice one, that's a great start for you with Bahebeck. He is on the fringe for me but because I don't use wide attackers he hasn't had a chance. He did make my bench for the CL Final last season but that was just to make up the numbers when I was short. Is that using IF(L) or IF®?

I love your background, is that easy to replicate and if so how would I do it?

Nice one, that's a great start for you with Bahebeck. He is on the fringe for me but because I don't use wide attackers he hasn't had a chance. He did make my bench for the CL Final last season but that was just to make up the numbers when I was short. Is that using IF(L) or IF®?

I love your background, is that easy to replicate and if so how would I do it?

It's as easy as going to sortitoutsi forums and downloading one of the French stadium background packs. Simple as that man.

Young Bahebeck has only gone and scored 3 more goals since I posted that screenshot, he's also set up two for Ongenda who's looking ready to explore onto the scene. Which bodes well as Maupay is 4th/5th top goalscorer in Ligue 1 for Momtpellier so once his loan is done there he's adding to this string of quality young Frenchmen I've got.

**EDIT**

These performances are coming from playing JCB at IF(a) on the right.

Hi guys great progress with bahebeck Hoarau. It seems i cant post anyscreen shots for some reason but never mind. I just finished off my first season and wow what a journey.

We managed to land a treble of the league, league cup and a beautiful champions league beating Barcelona 1-0 at wembley. Last game of the season french cup finale we lost 1-0 to rennais. So close to the perfect season, now time to kick on and build for the future.

Hi guys great progress with bahebeck Hoarau. It seems i cant post anyscreen shots for some reason but never mind. I just finished off my first season and wow what a journey.

We managed to land a treble of the league, league cup and a beautiful champions league beating Barcelona 1-0 at wembley. Last game of the season french cup finale we lost 1-0 to rennais. So close to the perfect season, now time to kick on and build for the future.

Cheers man.

Wow! Congrats on an unbelievable first season, that's quite sensational. I could only dream of such achievements that early on, who where your top performers?

Ill be very interested to see how you approach season 2 as that's a pretty tough act to follow, what's your plans? Well done again though.

Fantastic results there Tiger. I have no idea how you did all that in Season 1, but hope you enjoy season 2 just as much.

How are you getting on Hoarau?

That's brilliant Tiger, great success and with a back 4 nonetheless. What's your plans going into season two?

Good luck lfc, keep us up to date with your happenings. You giving yourself any limitations or that?

That's brilliant Tiger, great success and with a back 4 nonetheless. What's your plans going into season two?

Good luck lfc, keep us up to date with your happenings. You giving yourself any limitations or that?

Thanks, ill be spending money like the club wants to sign high profile players, but I will also be signing some of the best French talent if I can aswell

Well all i can say is that first season surpassed my wildest dreams and i suppose it can only be downhill from here.

Anyway a rundown on some of my player performances:

GK: Sirigu what can i say played every game and never let me down, but i have my eye on his replacement (victor valdes) who will leave on a bosman end of 2nd season

Defence: Star man was Thiago Silva an absolute rock and good on the ball, Sakho solid and dependable i actually put him on a heavy passing training schedule as i like my defenders to be able to pick a pass. My big signing Varane bedded in well and is set to star for PSG for the next 10 years. The full backs who provide my width did very well both attacking and defending.

Midfield: Star man here was Blaise Matuidi puts out so many fires, rarely has a bad game. Blaise in the holding role and the 2 box to box midfielders are the heart beat of the team really with high work,tackling and team work.

Attack: Cant really single anyone out as a star here as they were all in and out of form all season. I thing i did notice was Ibra and Lavezzi seem to come alive on big champion league evenings.

I was so gutted to lose the french cup last game of the season as we had been on a 43game unbeaten run, ah well lets move on to next season which will start with a tour of South Korea.

New season Tranfers:

Out:

Motta 6m

Alex 9.25m

Ibra 10m

Maxwell 1m

In:

Leandro Damiao 27.5m

Samuel Umtiti 22.5m

Umtiti will play left back this season, very excited by Damiao when he settles in i hope to have a superstar

I will look to bring in a backup left back if i can get the guy from Bordeaux Tremoulinas who have been relegated

My first target this season is to try and win the super cup against Tottenham

PS here is one for you Hoarau Chelsea signed Aubameyang for 22.5m from st.etienne

Went a bit crazy and bought three players for £62M, Varane £19M, Capoue £13M and Eriksen £30M, ive only sold Camara for £1M and am in the process of selling Armand

Lavezzi just got injured in a friendly against AC Milan and is out for 4 months ouch!

lfc7 - Wow, impressive business. Im a big fan of Eriksen, great prive for Varane. Hows it started out?

Well my end of season two update will be eventful, 2 trophies and an amazing run with the help of some epic performances.. Will hopefully have it up tomorrow night once the kids are down.

Hoarau congrats on your double and look forward to reading your update.

I am near the half way point of season 2 and very much like the first year we started slowly. We lost the champions cup to my now bogey team Rennes and lost to our fierce rivals Marseille early in the league. I was delighted we beat Spurs 1-0 in the super cup but a scrappy win really. My two new signings have started well and with 2 games in hand we sit 2nd in the league 6points behind Lille. We have qualified for the knockout stages of the champions league draw not been made yet. Now we try to win the club world championship.

Oh and to make the board happy i have just agreed to sigh Kun Aguero from city for 27.5m. He will arrive in january.

Lavezzi will leave in the summer

Archived