FM13: Lower League Players Thread

dirtyscarab

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Veterans of LLM will know all about this guy. Will only sign for BSP teams this year around (unless anyone's had any luck at a lower level).

Name: Pablo Counago

Position(s): ST

Ideal Role/Duty: Trequartista

Current Club: Dong-Tam Long An (Vietnam)

Work Permit: not needed

Transfer Fee: 0

Club & League Signed For: Tonbridge (BSP) - Promoted in second season from BSS

counago.jpg

Counago still looks amazing! He must be living on his past though still on FM!

Matty Super Leeds, very hard to get a defensive midfielder in the lower leagues as there is so few that will join. I did manage to get Daniel Bradley on loan from Alfreton when I was in the BSN but not until about February/March time. Signed Gregor Fotheringham in the 2nd season after he got released by Rangers and he looks handy.

Yep. You can get them as freebies in the new year.

Name: Nic Ciardini

Position(s): ML, AML, D/WB (L)

Ideal Role/Duty: Wide Midfielder

Current Club: Farnborough

ciardini.jpg

Found this thread a great help - the only thing I would say though is that there's little purpose in posting players you've signed on free transfers after the first season, as it totally dependent on them not signing a new contract at their club during that season, something which usually happens. Other than that, great stuff guys, thanks for the help!

malbon.png

Name: Anthony Malbon

Ideal Role/Duty: Poacher (attack)

Current Club:

Work Permit: No

Transfer Fee: N/A

Club & League Signed For: N/A

He starts at Kidderminster but only signed on for the 2012/2013 season for £7K. His contract only runs until June 2013 so you can probably poach him around January to sign in July.

FYI for anyone who's interested, this is how Malbon has turned out..

Malbon1.png

Malbon2.png

Nice one Dejay.

Malbon's tearing it up in the BSP on my game right now. He's still at Kidderminster. Scored 14 in the first 13 games. He's a beast. Shame he doesn't improve much technically.

I can't afford his wages though. I'm maxed out on my budget.

As for posting free transfers after season 1, I don't think there's any harm in it. It's good to add some of these players on your shortlist just in case they become available at a later date :thup:

Name: Anthony Mendy

Position(s): AML

Ideal Role/Duty: Winger

Current Club: USS Tamponnaise

mendy.jpg

It's well worth looking through all the players of Reunion nationality. Just click on the Reunion country, click on 'clubs' on the top right corner of the screen and then search through players that haven't got contracts. You should be able to sign some gems at a pretty low wage.

Players to look out for are:

Anthony Mendy

Willy Robert

Brice Clairenteau

Jonathon Chaul

Cedric Besson

Cedric Fraumens

Rudi Pounoussamy

Hamed Sacko

Blanchard Dogbo

Patrick Vaz

Eric Farro

Giovanni Songoro

Charles Roger

Didier Caro

Yohan Guichard

Obviously you'll need to load players from Reunion to get these guys. This year I've found that they'll only sign at BSP level though. You might have better luck.

I'm really struggling with Vauxhall. I can't find anyone decent who will join on a non-contract and I can't find anyone who will join part time for £85 per week or less. Any player suggestions?

Can you offload some highly paid players you already have? I know you'll take a financial hit by offering them a mutual termination but it should boost your available wage budget a bit so you can afford better wages for players you bring in. I always end up in debt the first season because of this but I feel it's the only way to build up a good squad. Don't forget to look in the reserve squad as well. There might be some dead wood in there that are on £300 a week or something.

Name: Jean-Philippe Charlet

Position(s): DR/WBR

Ideal Role/Duty: Full-Back (Auto)

Current Club: RWDM Bleid

Work Permit: N/A

Transfer Fee: None (on amateur contract)

Club & League Signed For: None - Currently managing Bleid

Can you offload some highly paid players you already have? I know you'll take a financial hit by offering them a mutual termination but it should boost your available wage budget a bit so you can afford better wages for players you bring in. I always end up in debt the first season because of this but I feel it's the only way to build up a good squad. Don't forget to look in the reserve squad as well. There might be some dead wood in there that are on £300 a week or something.

I only have one player on a contract over £100 and he's the top goalscorer and he's in midfield. I cleared the staff and reserve team out, but I still don't have any money to use. I guess Vauxhall are pretty much skint.

This is the assortment of good players I signed:

How? Im in my third season of BSP and i cant sign anyone outside of england. Not even from wales or scotland, except if they played in england before. They dont even want to start negotiating. Kinda hard to play if all i can find are players with half a star of potential.

Ahh, good old Réunion... where would we all be, if it weren't for this mountainous, tropical speck of an island, in the Indian ocean... and hotbed of low paid Football Manager lower league talent! :D

Welcome heathxxx :)

Really enjoyed your thread on this topic last year. Hope you don't mind me grabbing it from you for FM13!

Name: Johnny Herd

Position(s): DL/WBL

Ideal Role/Duty: Wing Back

Current Club: Bishop's Stortford

Work Permit: N/A

Transfer Fee: None

Club & League Signed For: None - Tonbridge - Promoted to BSP

herd-1.jpg

Name: Rhys Taylor

Position(s): GK

Ideal Role/Duty: GK

Current Club: Free Agent

Work Permit: Not Required

Transfer Fee: None - wages 825 p/wk (pounds)

Club & League Signed For: Salisbury (BSS)

Ex Chelsea and has done a great job for me so far

Name: Joakim Sjohage

Position(s):ST

Ideal Role/Duty: Advanced Forward or Poacher

Current Club: Varbergs BolS

Transfer Fee: Free (Contract Expires in Dec12) 800 p/wk (pounds)

Scout recommended him and has settled in really well in an extremely short space of time - 9 games for 7 goals. Ex Elfsborg player (in his youth!) with good pace and acceleration (14 & 15 respectively) and reasonable finishing (11). Mental attributes could do with some work but at this level he is doing very well.

Name: Juan Lescano

Ideal Role/Duty: Deep Lying Forward or Advanced

Work Permit: Not required

Transfer Fee: None - 500 p/wk (pounds)

Another player I remembered from FM12 who had great potential. Great finishing and heading (12 each) and respectable physical attributes. Don't think he has the same potential as previous versions but my scouts have him as 5 stars potentially(although this is BSS league!). 11 appearances for 5 goals (3 in FA CUP 3rd round qualifier though) but i'm trying to get him plenty of game time to see if we can improve him.

Name: Boris Nkoa

Position(s): DM/MC

Ideal Role/Duty: Defensive Mid or Deep Lying Playmaker (I am using him as a ball winning midfielder in Central Mid)

Country: Cameron / France (current Cameron U21 international)

Transfer Fee: None - 325 p/wk (pounds)

Team Captain and one player i believe is far too good to be playing at BSS level (he's a current U21 international?!) Great physical attributes (14 nat fitness & 15 stamina), reasonably quick (12 & 11 for acceleration and pace) and his mental attributes are incredible for one so young (15 work rate, 15 determination, 14 teamwork & 13 anticipation). Has played eight games so far with ave rating of 7.27 and is the first name on the team sheet each week. Have lost him to international duty for a few weeks but is ex-Marseille (signed for them at age 10?!). Highly recommend.

Name: Ibrahim Farah

Position(s): MC

Ideal Role/Duty: Deep Lying Playmaker or B2B (I am using him as B2B midfielder)

Transfer Fee: None - $425 p/wk (pounds)

Club & League Signed For: Salsibury (BSS)

Recommended by scouts and has taken a few games to settle in but hitting his strides now. Good natural fitness and stamina (13 & 12 each) with respectable mental and techincal stats. Nothing outstanding but looks to be good across the board (10's and 11's for most of the important attributes). Ave rating of 7.34 and that is only going to increase (last two games have been 8 & 8.2) as he gets more game time. Another good buy for this level

• SI Staff

It's well worth looking through all the players of Reunion nationality. Just click on the Reunion country, click on 'clubs' on the top right corner of the screen and then search through players that haven't got contracts. You should be able to sign some gems at a pretty low wage.

Players to look out for are:

Anthony Mendy

Willy Robert

Brice Clairenteau

Jonathon Chaul

Cedric Besson

Cedric Fraumens

Rudi Pounoussamy

Hamed Sacko

Blanchard Dogbo

Patrick Vaz

Eric Farro

Giovanni Songoro

Charles Roger

Didier Caro

Yohan Guichard

Obviously you'll need to load players from Reunion to get these guys. This year I've found that they'll only sign at BSP level though. You might have better luck.

You may as well use the editor and transfer these players into your team and cheat. :rolleyes:

Name: Boris Nkoa

Position(s): DM/MC

Ideal Role/Duty: Defensive Mid or Deep Lying Playmaker (I am using him as a ball winning midfielder in Central Mid)

Country: Cameron / France (current Cameron U21 international)

Transfer Fee: None - 325 p/wk (pounds)

Team Captain and one player i believe is far too good to be playing at BSS level (he's a current U21 international?!) Great physical attributes (14 nat fitness & 15 stamina), reasonably quick (12 & 11 for acceleration and pace) and his mental attributes are incredible for one so young (15 work rate, 15 determination, 14 teamwork & 13 anticipation). Has played eight games so far with ave rating of 7.27 and is the first name on the team sheet each week. Have lost him to international duty for a few weeks but is ex-Marseille (signed for them at age 10?!). Highly recommend.

This guy looks amazing. Top find :thup:

You may as well use the editor and transfer these players into your team and cheat. :rolleyes:

I have to agree.

I spend hours and hours going through the entire world getting the best talent I can,I have never understood loading up 1 small island and signing the players from their,As Tom said you may as well just use the editor and be done with it.

I guess people play the game the way they see fit,just seems that you miss out on the unknown factor,also does it not get a bit tiresome buying the game each year and basically doing the same thing?

What always makes me chuckle though, knowing that more than one or two clubs, plus scouts who browse through the FM database...

...is how we've not seen any of these Réunion players at least get a trial with some of the lower league clubs, in the UK or elsewhere yet. :lol:

I still dont get it how you can get any of those players to sign for your conference teams. Im in BSP and i can pretty much sign only english players. Even players from wales dont want to sign. I have now decided to just scout every free player who would be interest to sign for me. Best i found so far after a few houndred scouted is one two and half star player. Below average for BSP.

What exactly is the logic behind this? Wages? My club reputation?

I have set my team from players from all over the world,it is not exactly rocket science how I did this.

This is my line up,although another player from France has joined since this screenshot.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=107650468

Now you can't scout in countries outside of the UK and chances are you have no knowledge of players outside the UK.

I signed a French Assistant Manager,I also signed a Scout from Norway and a scout I believe from Italy,so now I have some knowledge of the players and can see maybe half their attributes.

I go in to the player search and set it to players aged between 15-22(maybe 23 or 24 if I can't find a player I am looking for).

I set it search in France and also players that are available for free.

I then "untick" unreasonable transfers...your assistant manager is not always right with this,in fact he misses quite a few.

I then set the position so I am not hit with too many players at once.

Once that is all in start having a look at players,you should see enough of their attributes to give you a pretty good idea how good they are,pay close attention to players from other countries playing in France(or whatever country you are searching)as quite a few of them will sign for you claiming "it will take an amazing offer",that offer is not really all that amazing sometimes as they will sign for maybe 300 a week.

Anyway rinse and repeat this with other countries your Assistant Manager and scouts have some knowledge of and your team should have some very good players from all over the world.

Note that doing this you should keep a very good eye on your wage budget as it is pretty easy to get carried away,also as you are taking an educated guess on the player as you can't see all their attributes,be prepared to get the odd one wrong.

This takes a lot of time but once you spend a few hours doing it the first time you then have the backbone to the team for the future,you can then just add a few players every season,which does not take that long.

Hope this helps :)

I'll give it a try. I have fully scouted slovenian league (my nationality is slovenian and i also loaded both leagues) so there should be plenty of unattached players. So far ive only randomly tried to sign players and they all said no. Maybe i have to click on everyone :). Dont have much knowledge about other countries except scandinavia and some random african countries (dont expect to find much there due to work permits).

OK. ive tried daylight's approach. I only had around 500 players in my network not from the UK and i pretty much clicked on half of them. None of them would even try negotiating. Not even crappy faroe island free players. I dont get it.

jakobx - what is your reputation (as in manager). I decided to set mine as 'past international footballer' with my second Nationality being 'French' and i think that makes a big difference when you start out. Also i signed scouts who were from overseas - one is Norwegian, one is Italian and my other scout is Scottish so they added to the number of payers available for me to choose from. I can't scout a lot of them (can only scout within UK/Ireland) but if my scout gives them 5 stars, and if their stats that I can see look good, and most importantly they want a reasonable wage then i'll give them a go. I've picked up quite a few young players from Italy, France and Spain who are happy to sign for 100 p/wk (pounds) with a bonus for appearances in first team. I've only got a large database with no special countries loaded as well.

Keep trying!

I am not sure reputation has anything to do with the ability to scout players.I started in the BSS with automatic reputation,so no 'past international' here,I think it has only to do with you and your staff's knowledge of those countries.

I fired my Assistant Manager 3 games into the new season in the BSP after being promoted,once I signed my new Assistant from France it opened up a lot of players from France and a few other players from other countries in which he had knowledge of.

i think the reputation might help with signing them though? not sure but just a theory. I do agree with what you say daylight that having foreign scouts really helps - my Norwegian scout has been great at finding some scandinavian gems. A shame that a lot of them want stupid wages! =]

It could do,though I would have thought it would only be your clubs reputation,maybe your reputation comes into somewhere <shrug>.

Yeah I have had a couple of players that did agree to talk about a contract and were asking 3k a week,I am guessing they had never heard of Tonbridge before when asking for that sort of money :)

Having knowledge of other regions just allows me to see those player in my player list and nothing else. I have very good knowledge of scandinavian region and full knowledge of slovenian league (also loaded) so there is no shortage of players available. Its just that no one outside of england is interested. I did leave my reputation on automatic. Perhaps this makes a big difference.

All i can do is scout hundreds of players each season and sign those that could in the future play in the BSP. Im trying to hold on to my current players but the wages are increasing every year. Next season ill run out of available cash so unless the board invests some money im in a bit of trouble.

I really can't say what the problem is jakobx as I also have my reputation set to automatic and I am playing as Tonbridge,while most players I approach do not wish to discuss a contract as you can see from my earlier screenshot my team is made up of mostly foreign players.

It could be something as simple as the players plying their trade in France are more likely to sign for teams in the BSP than players from Scandinavia.

That seems to be the only thing that is different from our saves.

I think it is 6 not to sure.

I normally do get back to back promotions but did not expect it this year as I am struggling a bit with the new ME,having said that this team is really coming together(still some very strange things happening on the park)and I think I have a real shot at promotion.

I do have some young English guys that I am starting to bleed into the team and are doing well.

Anyway on topic here are 5 players that are worth a look

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=108570964

Dia is a real machine at this level,his height and jumping means he never gets beat in the air,he has quite a few assists with flick ons,I play him as a complete forward though.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=108570875

Cisse is a great striker with scouts rating him as a leading Div 1 striker of the future(just lost him for 3 months :( )

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=108571021

Dargent took a few games to find his feet but now he is really playing well,still very young and rated very highly by my scouts.

Blondel has only played a few games for me but seems to be a great AMC and again highly rated from my scouts

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=108571068

Modeste well I take the blame for his seemingly low rating as I threw him straight into the first team when he arrived and had a couple of stinkers,I played him in the reserves and started playing him again recently in the first team.

He is playing great and is now a first choice,he came from Spurs and my Scouts are saying a decent Championship defender of the future.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=108571992

All these players signed for my Tonbridge side for free when we were in the BSP after promotion in the first year.

Edit with proper link to Modeste,sorry messed up a bit at the end. :)

Hope it helps some people.

alot of algerian/french players available on free transfers and most of them have played 4-5 games @ U21 level which might be good for BSS level. Unfortunately i've got no wage budget left otherwise i would be looking to top up the squad. I'm noticing that the players get a lot more jaded at this level and need to have rests and with a small squad that's not good.

Archived