FM13 Liverpool F.C Thread - The future's so bright, you have to wear sunglasses

cezar.sl

Yeah you're right about the AMC role - can't get it to be that influential...

Have you manually changed any of the sliders - or just gone with the defaults for the role? (with the exception of the cut inside for the wingers)

And shouts are interesting, varied trying them in little bursts or all at once - not sure it made any difference....do you set them from the kick off?

Glad Im not the only one who's seen REina go walk about!!!! Although getting Suarez going is being a right pain in the arse.....

It was great on last years on, I had Maxi setting up 18 goals a season from AMC by just putting it on attack.

I change the sliders now, when I started FM 2013 I didn't because I hadn't on any of the other games but I asked in the tactics section if anyone had a guide for it and one of the mods sent me a few links about tactics and how to get them to work for you. Since then I set the sliders all the time.

I set them from kick off, I've noticed people on here who don't use them so often seem to struggle a little more, so I do think they help a little bit in how you want the team to perform.

Ahaha You'll probably find pages on here with people complaining about Reina. I usually sell him in my second season, I've taken to buying Butland instead, he's young, English and full of potential, but if he doesn't work I've stolen a Spanish 16 year old regen Keeper from Real Madrid too. Suarez is a hard one, I don't think he has the finishing stats to play the loan striker role at Liverpool, you're probably best getting a more natural finisher, i.e. Fierro on the cheap, Borini, Sturridge or Falcao as your striker and either using Suarez as a AMC or coming in from the wide positions

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are having troubles with the AMC slot, the most likely culprit is having an advanced forward or poacher on attack duty in front of them (as in a lone striker, two strikers in front, one on support and the other on attack can work gangbusters). That setup can be effective, but is totally reliant on defensive mistakes (it worked really good on some previous FM versions because strikers were able to run right through defenders because of the lack of collision detection).

P.S. Reina is crap in FM, sell him and buy Ter Stegen (or Butland if you're a tight-arse :)).

Finally finished my first season, good season.

I wanted to mix it up this season to make it more of my team.

Transfers out:

Luis Suarez 34M Arsenal

Leonard Kweuke 14M Chelsea

Oussama Assaidi 15M Marseille

Alan Dzagoev 7.5M Monaco

Jay Spearing 4.3M Fulham

Andy Carroll 9.25M Wolves

Plus other little loans

Total: 84M

Transfers in:

Julien Zenunay 5.25M Bayern (regen)

Marco Verratti 16M PSG

Mason Bennett 3.1M Derby

Rodrigo 15.75M Benfica

Antoine Greizmann 15M Real Sociedad

Yassine Benzia 9.5M Lyon

Vladmir Weiss FREE Pescara

Total: 65M

I'm starting to like the look of the team. A lot younger which is what I prefer.

If you are having troubles with the AMC slot, the most likely culprit is having an advanced forward or poacher on attack duty in front of them (as in a lone striker, two strikers in front, one on support and the other on attack can work gangbusters). That setup can be effective, but is totally reliant on defensive mistakes (it worked really good on some previous FM versions because strikers were able to run right through defenders because of the lack of collision detection).

P.S. Reina is crap in FM, sell him and buy Ter Stegen (or Butland if you're a tight-arse :)).

Ahhh thats what my problem is since I use a poacher on attack leading my line.

As for Reina, I think its best to sell him as soon as you start the game or after the first season otherwise you'll get pennies for him

2014-2015 season build up

Having won the past two league titles, I've decided to stick with my 4-2-3-1 for one last season before swapping it to something else next year. Like I said earlier on the board have magically decided that a 5000 seating expansion wasn't good enough and made it 10,000 seats two weeks before it was finished. So now that will be done in October. I'll probably leave asking for a new stadium to every other year as well, so it'll be done the first time in 2016.

Transfers

In

Benzia - £6m - Lyon. Lyon offered their 19 year old striker for £10m but I managed to get them down to 6 before buying him. After that his agent was demanding £40k a week after one game, because for some reason SI have programmed it so players and agents know your wage budget. I walked away and the next day the agent was sacked so I went back and got him for 7k a week with a load of add-ons.

Out

Victor Seba - Season long loan - Key Player - Sheffield Wednesday. A Spanish midfield regen that my Head of Youth picked up last season, at 17 the loan will do him well since he has 5 star potential and is a 2 star player now.

Michael Faaborg - Season long loan - Key Player - Wolves. The same situation as above, only this midfielder is from Denmark and is two years older. However he has the same star rating now and the same 5 star potential.

Zaha Season long loan - Key Player - Blackburn. He didn't get a lot of playing time last season, so to make sure he does this year I put him out on loan. He also hasn't developed that well so far.

Benzia Season long loan - First team - Newcastle. Despite only just buying him, I decided to loan my new French striker out, right now he's got 4 strikers ahead of him and I'm still using my one striker formation this season. Next year he'll get his chance

Lucas £30m - Porto. The sale of Lucas continues my clear out to create my own squad, a great player for me but he's only trying to go from being on 60k a week to 160k a week with his next contract and won't budge. I try and keep a nice wage cap on my team and very few players go above 100k unless they're amazing for me.

Sven Bartels Season long loan - Key player - Burnley. My HoYD went insane last season and bought three highly rated midfield regens, and this Dutch player is the last of them. Interestingly they're 17, 18 and 19 years old, and now all of them are out on loan to develop. I think he went a little crazy with buying midfielders, but I didn't even know until the transfers were done.

Paul Boyham Season long loan - Key player - West Brom. My regen striker from the first years youth intake. The kid is good and at only 16 years old he scored 16 goals in 18 games for me last season, with a finishing stat of 16, someone else who is bizarrely a poacher. He did better than Borini for me too, so this loan will be great for him.

Jordan Ibe Season long loan - Key player Everton. Following their relegation they lost pretty much everyone, and were the only team to come in for Ibe. Despite him being rated 2 stars now he's a 4.5 star potential winger. Someone else who didn't play much last year

Lapuerta Season long loan - Key player - Nottingham Forrest. The Spanish regen keeper I stole off Real Madrid last year. I wanted to make sure he gets games and not just reserve team stuff, at 17 he asked to go out and who was I to say no? He's still got 5 star potential compared to Butland who has dropped to 4.

Also I've had to get a new assistant manager with Cruijff having retired

As you can tell a lot of loan deals for young players to develop/get game time with one big departure. I've got £112m to play with and a wage budget of 229pk spare, but I can't see myself buying anyone until January if I need them.

Pre-season

Liverpool 2:0 Gyeongnam

Liverpool 4:0 Incheon United

Liverpool 4:4 Barcelona

Liverpool 2:2 Leicester City

Genoa 4:1 Liverpool

Also Coates and Wilson have now become my first team defenders, with Agger and Skrtel being backups

Season expectations

League: Win/Challenge

Champions league: Quarter finals/Semi finals

FA Cup: Win

Capital one Cup: Win

Charity Shield: Win

Interesting I assume Mclaughlin develops well then? Are you finding using the reserve project database more helpful? The only thing that turns me away from that is the league appearances. Wouldn't be able to track how many premier league appearances someone like Robinson or Suso plays.

Interesting I assume Mclaughlin develops well then? Are you finding using the reserve project database more helpful? The only thing that turns me away from that is the league appearances. Wouldn't be able to track how many premier league appearances someone like Robinson or Suso plays.

He develops quite well, and with Kelly being injury prone he'll probably be my number 1 this season. The database is ok, the only problem with it is, even when you set people like Suso/Robinson or Sterling as available they don't get picked a lot of the time for it, because the reserve manage seems to pick a different 11 each game

Might give it a try. Mclaughlin always seems to not have much potential on my saves. Do people always play attacking football that the board want?

Yeah, though unless you set you philosophy as defending I'm not sure how people don't play attacking football. Even when I first struggled with Liverpool on this it said I was playing attacking football and I had it set to control

August

Premier league

Liverpool 4:0 Huddersfield; Falcao pen 8, Schurrle 19, Yesil 66, 76

Liverpool 3:0 Nottingham Forrest; Wilson 6, Gotze 16, Schurrle 65

Liverpool 2:0 Newcastle; Lamela 67, Suso 84

Charity Shield

Liverpool 4:1 Wolves; Schurrle pen 26, Fierro 32, Wilson 59, Yesil pen 88; Erdnic 10

Champions league group

Barcelona, Dortmund, Rapid Wein

I've also sold Borin for £20m to Bayern. He wasn't cutting it and scored 8 goals in over 60 matches for me

You can have the final say about who comes in

Yeah I know I've got final say, but I've set his responsibilities to bring in young players, and the only ones he tries to is center midfielders. Only pointing out that its not very varied since I let him sign three midfielders the previous summer

Might give it a try. Mclaughlin always seems to not have much potential on my saves. Do people always play attacking football that the board want?

McLaughlin is an AMAZING player. I loaned him out first season, made him backup second season and he's forced Johnson aside in the third to be probably the best right-back in the league.

The "Play Attacking Football" shout just means you need to have a lot of shots, nothing else is taken into account.

September

Premier league

Liverpool 2:0 Swansea; Suso 45, Sturridge 57

Liverpool 4:2 Blackburn; Sturridge 6, 51, pen 75, Yesil 61; Andre 2, Rhodes 7

Liverpool 1:1 Man City; Sterling 38, Johnson 92

Champions league

Liverpool 3:0 Dortmund; Falcao 12, 19, Hummels og 81

Liverpool 4:0 Rapid Wein; Agger 24, pen 48, Fierro 57, 75, Agger missed pen 23

Capital one Cup

Liverpool 3:0 Sunderland; Fierro 15, Yesil 31, Shaqiri 60

Decided to start again using the Player Development Database. Using a deep 4-2-3-1 formation. 4-2-3-1 is my favourite formation on FM but i've never tried it with 2 DM's so i'm intrigued if that will add more defense and take away some of the attack.

Transfers In:

Daniel Sturridge - £12M - I added this in via the editor. Likely to be first choice with Borini up front with Suarez just behind or on the wings.

Hatem Ben Arfa - £14M - We aren't exactly full of quality on the wings and this boy definitely adds some there. Got big hopes with him.

Adryan - £875k - One of the bargains in this game and will get some game time in Europe and possibly in the cups. May have to rotate with Shelvey out of the league games.

Ademilson - £5.25M - Another one with high potental and if I can train him right he will be very useful in a season or two. Likely to play some part in Europe and Cups.

Transfers Out:

Stewart Downing - £10M to FC Porto - A player I do not rate and with high wages he had to go. £10M was the most I was going to get out of him.

Doni - £1M to Palermo - Have no need for him with his wages.

Joe Cole - £3M to West Ham - Did this via the editor. Off the wage bill and generally useless.

August

Europa League 3rd Round Qualifier

1st Leg:

St Patricks Athletic 1 - 1 Liverpool

McGrath 36;Sterling 3

2nd Leg:

Liverpool 3 - 0 St Patricks Athletic

Borini 30 Sahin 41 Agger 52

Premier League

Stoke 0 - 1 Liverpool

Gerrard 23 Gerrard Missed Pen 43

Europa League PlayOff

1st Leg:

FC Luzern 1 - 1 Liverpool

Gygax 30; Sterling 81

Premier League

Liverpool 3 - 1 Reading

Leigertwood OG 14 Borini Missed Pen 16 Ben Arfa 33 Sturridge 78; Progebnyak 70

2nd Leg

Liverpool 4 - 1 FC Luzern

Yesil 10 Sterling 36 44 65; Rangelov 20

Europa League Group:

Fc Twente, Young Boys, Anji

Managed to get the Squad Depth Achievement on the last game using 2 different starting 11's in 2 consecutive games. Pleased with the start though not too happy with the draws. Will put it down to get used to the tactic.

I dont get the problems with Reina.

2 seasons, 2 Premier league wins, 2 golden gloves for Reina. Sure hes had a few mistakes but every keeper does, but i just talk to him and keep his morale up (same with the whole squad). He is also peaking right now as keepers peak around 30 so its gonna be tough for me to sell him.

Of course the defense has helped out immensely. Havent sold anyone there either as they are all very good and about to reach their peak too, along with good backups like Kelly and good youth in Robinson,Mclaughlin,Coates,Doria and Wilson my defense is set for years.

Oh and Henderson is doing fantastic for me too, mainly as backup but this year i see myself using him a lot more(shame about his wages tho), he is far better than shelvey (who i think i will sell).

I dont get the problems with Reina.

2 seasons, 2 Premier league wins, 2 golden gloves for Reina. Sure hes had a few mistakes but every keeper does, but i just talk to him and keep his morale up (same with the whole squad). He is also peaking right now as keepers peak around 30 so its gonna be tough for me to sell him.

Of course the defense has helped out immensely. Havent sold anyone there either as they are all very good and about to reach their peak too, along with good backups like Kelly and good youth in Robinson,Mclaughlin,Coates,Doria and Wilson my defense is set for years.

Oh and Henderson is doing fantastic for me too, mainly as backup but this year i see myself using him a lot more(shame about his wages tho), he is far better than shelvey (who i think i will sell).

It's good that Reina has played well for you, the problem for a lot of people is that he's near enough a liability in their saves. Coupled with his wages a lot of people would rather buy a young goal keeper who will be a lot better in a season (Ter Stegen) and on less money too, or go down the route of potenial (Butland).

As for Henderson, he develops a lot better in this game than he did in last years. He's pretty much the first name on my team sheet nowadays and I'm only in my third season. With his wages, it's ok because you can pretty much keep him on the same money if you offer good bonuses

There's still awhile to go before this season is over, but I'm already planning the next big clear out of older players. Those likely gone; Agger, Skrtel (Coates and Wilson are first choice now) so I'll buy cheap youngsters instead, Gerrard is being released, Shelvey is going to be sold, and another striker is going because I've had a bid accepted for Neymar for next season.

Also next season will see my swap to a 4-4-2 formation. I think three years on a formation is good enough before trying something else

I just cant bring myself to sell my older stars, i would rather have them see out their career with me and maybe if their stats are good enough, become a coach.

Not good for finances though :)

I only sell them when I have better players in their positions and can buy younger players with high potential. Also because I've sold a lot of high earners and haven't really placed them, they ask for stupid money on contracts. If I get Neymar he'll be on less than what Gerrard currently is, and the out-going transfers will cover his fee :)

October

Premier league

Liverpool 3:1 Spurs; Shaqiri 10, Gotze 25, Wilson 65; Sosa 42

Liverpool 1:1 Aston Villa; Falcao 63; Bentley 10

Liverpool 2:1 Norwich; Falcao 19, Shaqiri 64; Taylor 60

Champions league

Barcelona 2:0 Liverpool; Xavi 10, Iniestia 25

Capital one Cup

Liverpool 7:0 Ipswich Town; Sterling 6, 28, Fierro 10, 13, Yesil 23, Lamela 31, Skrtel 82

Anfield is now sitting at 55,000 seats

September

Premier League

QPR 2 - 0 Liverpool

Guidetti 17 48

Europa League Group Stage

Anzhi 1 - 0 Liverpool

Carcela 12

Premier League

Liverpool 5 - 1 West Brom

Gerrard pen 37, Suarez 51 53 82 Coates 92; Daraggi 62

League Cup

Liverpool 1 - 3 Arsenal

Assaidi 70; Chamakh 45 Wilshere 54 Armero 86

Premier League

Liverpool 1 - 0 Man Utd

Sturridge 45+1; Van Persie s/o 37

Summary: A few losses in there which i'm not happy with. The goals conceded against QPR and Anzhi were down to individual mistakes trying to play the ball out of defense. Losing to Arsenal was mostly down to Reina dropping shots at the feet of Arsenals players. Cut out the silly mistakes and we should be fine. Ben Arfa has torn his hamstring after that last match. Cue lots of expletives.

September

Premier League

QPR 2 - 0 Liverpool

Guidetti 17 48

Europa League Group Stage

Anzhi 1 - 0 Liverpool

Carcela 12

Premier League

Liverpool 5 - 1 West Brom

Gerrard pen 37, Suarez 51 53 82 Coates 92; Daraggi 62

League Cup

Liverpool 1 - 3 Arsenal

Assaidi 70; Chamakh 45 Wilshere 54 Armero 86

Premier League

Liverpool 1 - 0 Man Utd

Sturridge 45+1; Van Persie s/o 37

Summary: A few losses in there which i'm not happy with. The goals conceded against QPR and Anzhi were down to individual mistakes trying to play the ball out of defense. Losing to Arsenal was mostly down to Reina dropping shots at the feet of Arsenals players. Cut out the silly mistakes and we should be fine. Ben Arfa has torn his hamstring after that last match. Cue lots of expletives.

So far so good, the first season is usually a mixed bag anyway. You don't really have a lot of depth in it so one or two injuries and you can often be screwed

Loading up my save in Jan not doing well been knocked out in the group stage of the Europa league my only hope is the Fa cup Gerrard whos been injury prone in my other saves has played 22 of the 23 league games which is unusual Sturridge as started well 4 goals in 4 games

Thought I'd lost my save with the game crashing over and over, gets seriously annoying with all the bugs in this game.

November

Premier league

Liverpool 4:0 QPR; Suso 3, Shaqiri 7, Wilson 72, Falcao 78

Liverpool 4:1 Southampton; Sterling 35, Yesil 45, Fierro 52, 89

Liverpool 6:0 Watford; Shaqirir 32, 40, Lamela 52, 56, Schurrle 65, Yesil 74

Liverpool 1:0 Wolves; Bertrand og 55

Man Utd 3:0 Liverpool; Badelj 7, Van Persie 37, Belhanda 41

Champions league

Liverpool 1:1 Barcelona; Falcao 10; Messi 43

Liverpool 2:1 Dortmund; Falcao 40, 66; Flum 34

I have Neymar coming in, in the summer, and 4 players out now with hamstring injuries

I wanna start a new game and have a crack with Liverpool. From looking through this thread, is it still possible to offload players like Downing for £20m?

With such a small transfer budget, I'm also thinking it might be worth it to sell some of the players I'm sure I'd get a good price for e.g. Reina, Lucas, Skrtel, Johnson etc. Does anyone have tips of whether this is a good idea and possible replacements?

Cheers

Honestly i would keep the likes of Reina, Lucas, Skrtel, Agger and Johnson as they are the most experienced and best players we have and are in or approaching their prime. Better to add to them imo.

Sell Downing and i always sell Suarez (35mill yes please) as he is not a consistant goalscorer and hes a bad pro imo. Can get better for the money you can get for him.

Examples being i got Yarmolenko for 26mill to replace Downing and Cavani for 32mill (Yes it is a lot....but he was transfer listed) to replace Suarez. Both far better players are at good ages.

Hi, just got the game having not played since the 2008 release.

My team is set up to play 4-2-3-1 formation. I play a controlled balanced team. My results so far are: -

Videoton (A) 3-0 win

Videoton (H) 2-0 win

Southampton (A) 2-1 win

FC Midtjyklland (A) 1-1

Fulham (H) 3-0 win

I am currently 3rd just behind the two mancs clubs who each have a +1 greater goal difference.

My only transfers have been Reina to Arsenal for £21m and Stegen in for the same price, £21m. I also sold Cole for £1m but I'm paying £35k wages still!

My highest scorers are Suarez (3) and Sterling, Gerrard, Agger (2).

My highest rated players are Gerrard (8.0), Agger (7.48), Borini (7.47), Johnson (7.34).

I had Sterling playing inside forward on the right but he was having so many shots that went miles wide. I moved him to left inside forward and he's scored twice. Borini deserves special mention as he was great until he picked up an injury. He's fit again now.

Really enjoying playing it again!

Feel free to offer me any advice.

Cheers

Jez

Honestly i would keep the likes of Reina, Lucas, Skrtel, Agger and Johnson as they are the most experienced and best players we have and are in or approaching their prime. Better to add to them imo.

Sell Downing and i always sell Suarez (35mill yes please) as he is not a consistant goalscorer and hes a bad pro imo. Can get better for the money you can get for him.

Examples being i got Yarmolenko for 26mill to replace Downing and Cavani for 32mill (Yes it is a lot....but he was transfer listed) to replace Suarez. Both far better players are at good ages.

I've been having a little play first seeing who I can offload and for how much. I've been able to sell Reina (£20m/48mths) and Suarez (£30m/48mths) both to Arsenal. I can also sell Skrtel to Fulham for £20m (£6m up front + £14m/48mths).

I agree with your thoughts on Suarez but what do you think about selling Reina for £20m and replacing him with Ter Stegen for £15m?

Any tips on how to sell Downing and Henderson? I've tried offering them both out but all I get are loan bids.

I don't want to make too many changes in the preseason because I know it can take your team a long time to gel together, so I'm keen to only sell 3 or 4 players. Players I'm looking at bringing in are Isco, Ademilson, Wellington Nem. Any thoughts on a decent striker to replace Suarez?

To sell Downing I put his loan status as unavailable and then offer him out for £15M. Usually no one comes back until £10M which is usually Porto for me. Not tried Henderson but I imagine the same trick would work.

Ah, I've always just gone straight to "offer to clubs". I tried it your way and got £10m offers from Reading and QPR but he's demanded I pay him £54k pw for the next 4 years!

I've got Manfred Dubski as my assman. He has good all-around stats (3.5 star coaching for all the technical groups) with very high motivation, tactical knowledge and determination. He is also good at judging potential/current ability.

I've been having a little play first seeing who I can offload and for how much. I've been able to sell Reina (£20m/48mths) and Suarez (£30m/48mths) both to Arsenal. I can also sell Skrtel to Fulham for £20m (£6m up front + £14m/48mths).

I agree with your thoughts on Suarez but what do you think about selling Reina for £20m and replacing him with Ter Stegen for £15m?

Any tips on how to sell Downing and Henderson? I've tried offering them both out but all I get are loan bids.

I don't want to make too many changes in the preseason because I know it can take your team a long time to gel together, so I'm keen to only sell 3 or 4 players. Players I'm looking at bringing in are Isco, Ademilson, Wellington Nem. Any thoughts on a decent striker to replace Suarez?

i've signed Destro on 2nd season for replacement to Borini (i sold him to Real Madrid for 40m$) and good enough for me.

in 1st season, Downing and Henderson are the most important players for me, i never tought to sell them :)

aahh, i lost every game against man utd. whats the trick?

Man Utd are just a lot better than you early on, and can afford better players in the first few seasons.

While I'm waiting to find out why the game keeps crashing when I try and load my Liverpool save, I'm going to start one as Dortmund

I started a game as our beloved LFC a while back. I don't get to play that often so I haven't given any updates but I'm doing pretty well, sitting 2nd [1st season] two points in behind with a game in hand over Citeh. I added Sturridge to our squad in the editor, I also jumped the gun a little bit and added Ince as it was looking nailed on at the time, kind of feels wrong now but he's actually not very good and no doubt fairly easy to obtain on the game anyhow so I don't feel too guilty. And I'm not starting again, as I'm enjoying this and simply don't have time.

I've re-jigged the staff, I know alot of people went for Crjuyff as their Ass Man, but I promoted Borrell and he's been excellent so far. My only signing has been Luke Shaw from Southampton, as my scouts seem to think he can be the worlds greatest LB or summit. And I've not really made any major sales yet either, Brad Jones being my highest profile sale.

Man Utd are just a lot better than you early on, and can afford better players in the first few seasons.

While I'm waiting to find out why the game keeps crashing when I try and load my Liverpool save, I'm going to start one as Dortmund

same as me, i am on early days of 2nd season and i bored from crashes and match engine, cause of this i will try a bayern game.

other way, i am an experienced fm player and really dont understand how can i loose all my game against man utd. really boring :p

Archived