FM13 Liverpool F.C Thread - The future's so bright, you have to wear sunglasses

cezar.sl

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow just finished my strangest year as a manager as league champions!!!

After 10 games I was standing in 12th place. I got battered by ManU, Wigan and Arsenal. Coates and Agger started complaining about the club was underachieving and a few weeks earlier I got in a huge fight with Luis Suarez because I substituted him lol. But then I had a much needed winning streak against Swansea, West Ham, City (even though I got outplayed), Aston Villa and Fulham.

For the second half of the season I bought Demba Ba for 8million Euros, because Suarez was injured and Borini was awfully tired, playing a lot of games in December. I only dropped points against ManU(L), Chelsea and Sunderland(both draw). Resulting in me winning the league!

Euro League: Qtr final lost against Rubin

FA Cup: 4th round lost again Bournemouth (still pissed off about that one!)

League Cup: Qtr final lost against Brighton (I was the better team, very unfortunate)

Transfers in: Zakaria Bakkali (3,5M) and Demba Ba (8M) and a lot of staff

Transfers out: Cole, Doni and Pacheco and loaned out youngsters Assaidi, Wisdom, Flanno and some others.

Player development:

Sterling had a phenomenal season, 2 stars now and potential 5

Borini (20 league goals) 4 stars now, potential 5

Coates, Kelly, Allen 3,5 stars potential 4

Danny Wilson, Shelvey, Henderson all potential 4 stars

Suso and Robinson potential 3,5 stars

Bakkali and Yesil potential 5 stars

The future is bright!

Keep hold of Sterling and keep playing him, he can turn into one of your best players by 22

Wow Lucas' agent is still asking for a new contract of £190k even though he only earns around £65k a week now, considering he's 30 there's no ****ing way he's going to have his wages tripled, so he's gone in the summer. Also my relationship with his agent is listed as hatred since I won't pay what he's asking

Keep at it mate just having a bad run, although i know how frustrating conceding last min goals is

Welcome to the thread :) I play fmc mode so dont do team talks etc but i would say just play him and get him scoring and am sure he will be happy enough

haha, i have been on this thread awhile, but havent posted for ages, due to my pc being all infected, so then i waited until FM13 came out, i didnt even play the Demo lol.

anyone else help with the Suarez issue?

Wow Lucas' agent is still asking for a new contract of £190k even though he only earns around £65k a week now, considering he's 30 there's no ****ing way he's going to have his wages tripled, so he's gone in the summer. Also my relationship with his agent is listed as hatred since I won't pay what he's asking

We need an interaction option to request players sack their agent. Once they dislike you they are impossible to negotiate with. You do sometimes see players sack their agent when you are trying to buy them but am yet to see it when they don't get extensions :(

Keep hold of Sterling and keep playing him, he can turn into one of your best players by 22

I will! He was a starter for me from day 1. Shame he got injured for 2-3 months at the end of the season.

Is it possible to keep Sahin after the first season? He did a good job for me and I would like to have him again, either loan or permanent. Otherwise I think I'll go with Beñat or Herrera.

Just into the start of jan season 1. After a great start were clinging onto the top 4. In 5th only 4 points off top spot with a game in hand but don't know how. Last 15 games in all comps 5W 8D 2L. Seriously struggling to string anything together, all these draws are driving me nuts!

in November in my first season...made a slight few tweaks to my 4-2-3-1 most notably I changed the striker from an advanced foward which I thought (an advanced foward) would be best for Suarez, but now training him into a poacher after two games it looks solid I beat Stuggart away 4-3 with the back-ups and had Yesil score two goals as Borini is out for a few months, the next game I had Suarez score a hat trick against Chelsea @ SB as we beat them...only have two losses in all competitions, lost to Totteham 2-0 and was beat by Chelsea in the LEague cup I was playing my back-ups in fairness and they had a few of their starters in Hazard, Mata, etc. also had Robinson sent off that game

really happy with my start, and loving the youth development Sterling has performed awesome, and when I rely on the other youngsters in cup competitions Im pleased they have managed to do as well as they have

lets hope I can keep it up

I will! He was a starter for me from day 1. Shame he got injured for 2-3 months at the end of the season.

Is it possible to keep Sahin after the first season? He did a good job for me and I would like to have him again, either loan or permanent. Otherwise I think I'll go with Beñat or Herrera.

I haven't known anyone to be able to buy him and if you try to get another loan deal Madrid can ask for 950k a month

Nearly finished season 3 but it hasnt gone well, aswell as the injuries i mentioned above Gotze got injured out 3 months and Johnson and Enrique got injured leaving me with Kelly and Robinson for the full back positions, I just played barca away in the semi final 1st leg of the CL and lost 6-0 (heaviest defeat ever), injuries are a ******* joke

Second season summer transfer window roundup.

Brought in: Tunani (750K, 5star potential regen), Chamberlain (20M euros) and Sven Bender (18M euros)

Sold: Carroll, Spearing, Assaidi for a total of 17,5M

Won the Community Shield 2-0 against Manu. Two times Gerrard.

League:

Man u 2 - 0 Liverpool

Liverpool 3-1 Swansea

Hull 0-1 Liverpool

The good: Destro joins on a free in the summer.

The bad: Even though Jadson is 19 he doesn't seem to count as U21 for the Europa League. I wish I'd known this prior to the end of the registration period. Grrr.

The ugly: some of our play at times.

Archived