FM13 Liverpool F.C Thread - The future's so bright, you have to wear sunglasses

cezar.sl

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey lads, just scoured this thread in a hope of finding a screenshot of someone with a nicely developed Sterling, but couldn't find one. Could someone please post a screenshot of him a few seasons in? I have the chance to sign him perminently for Swansea(on the cheap too).

One of the things I love about FM is developing a player with average potential (3 stars) into a really useful player. Wilson is definitely like that and Flanagan may be too.

Start of my second season has gone well. 10 straight wins including a 6-3 win over Celtic away in the Champions League where Sterling scored a hat-trick. We also thrashed Sevilla 3-0 at home and it could have been six or seven. Ademilson has started well and has scored from the bench a few times in the league. Jovetic has performed well too and his stats have increased too.

Season 2014/2015 review

Premier division: 1st (29w 4d 5l 86-29 91pts)

Community Shield: Runners up

FA Cup: Winners

Capital One cup: 4th round

Champions league: Runners up

Top scorer: Luis Suarez 25

Top Assits: Joe Allen 12

Top Avg: Sebastian Coastes 7.66

What a season and it all came down to the very last game vs Southampton! Thakfully we won 3-0 away but even draw would have ended out title dreams.

Manchester United pushed really hard and ended up with 90 points. Our win at Anfield was very valuable indeed!

We beat Aston Villa in the FA Cup final and that was the first trophy lifted this season.

In Champions league final we faced off againts Real Madrid! This time around they were stoo strong and we lost 2-0.

At the end of season we now have 96M in the bank with transfer budget of 56M.

What to expect during the summer... pretty hard to say.

* Daniel Agger and Joe Flanagan will be released.

* Steven Gerrard will retire.

* Few backroom staff members will retire.

* Basically would need to make new contracts with Suso, Mario Götz and Ter Stegen. The problem is that Götze is demanding 220k and Ter Stegen 130k!!! Absurd numbers!

Thus I could afford them BUT that is suicide to make such deals! I will check with them after summer break is over!

Martin Kelly might be off loaded.. he became unhappy with my harsh teamtalks and I wohn't tolerate such behauvior. Actually had 14M bid for him in winter but he refused the contract.

Luis Suarez.. well he has been my top scorer for 3 seasons in a row! He has big contract and is getting close to 30 years age.. should I sell him or not well who knows.. 50/50 on that one.

Youngsters coming into 1st squad: Gustavo Beirao Henriques, Osvaldo Torres, Samed Yesil, Ivica Loncar and Carlos Fierro!

Those guys are already in our system.

Jordan Ibe played well.. he scored 3 goals and all of these were match winners! His stats are now becoming to develop as well.

I have to say Sebastian Coates has been VERY impressive. His avg rating was about 7.70 and will be corner stone of our defense.

Also can highly recommend Sime Vrsaljko as RB/WB. Absolute class and worth every penny!

Time to save the game... the main things will be who is going out? Suarez??? ...and how deal with those contracts.

Tough decisions... Checked what the following players wanted for new contracts: Suarez (225k), Jovetic (180k), Kelly (80k), Nainggolan (110k)... unfortunately ALL of them had to go. None of them worth those salaries... maybe Suarez but need to start bring in the youths more and Borini should be ready.

Suarez (Arsenal 26M), Nainggolan (Paris SG 13M), Kelly (Southampton 11M), Jovetic (23M).

Free transfered: Gerrard (retired), Flanagan (Free), Agger (Free)

Signed new contracts with Götze (220k), Stegen (120k), Vrsaljko (80k) and Suso (71k).

The boards wants title challenge despite these transfers! I have 100M to spend.. and I guess need to spend that wisely, LOL!

Hey lads, just scoured this thread in a hope of finding a screenshot of someone with a nicely developed Sterling, but couldn't find one. Could someone please post a screenshot of him a few seasons in? I have the chance to sign him perminently for Swansea(on the cheap too).

No ones that far long enough, most people are only into the second or third season so far. I'll do one once I start my 4th

Need some help with signings for second season.

I have £43 million to spend and need a defensive midfielder to rotate Lucas with, a left back to replace Enrique who I want to sell, and either an AML or AMR who I plan to spend most money on. Have tried for Gotze but they won't even negotiate at £36 million.

HELP!

Season 2015/2016 Preview

The summer is over and it might be tough season ahead. A lot is counting on these youngsters that are developing and few new faces.

There has been no big name signings. Simply because I don't want spend +150k on the wages until we have new stadium.

Thus the supporters have to do what we got. Having sold many key players we brought in the following new faces...

Players in: Ezeqiel Munoz (Granada 12,25M), Felipe Gutierrez (Twente 10,5M), Nicolas Barreiro (River Plate 8M) and Shola Shoretire (Fulham 4,5M).

Total spending of 35,5M while we have sold for 73M.

The squad for the season:

GK Stegen / Butland

WBL Willems / Robinson

WBR Vrsaljko / Wisdom

DC Coates, Wilson, Munoz, Loncar

DMC Bender, Gustavo Henriques, Pembridge

MC Allen, Shelvey, Gutierrez, Suso, Shoretire

AMR Sterling, Torres, Ibe

AML Götze, Suso

ST Borini, Yesil, Fierro, Barreiro

One of the strikers will be loaned out. Basically either Fierro or Barreiro.

Oh.. and there definately is funny BUG in the Confidence window.

I have 0% confidence since I'am NOT giving the YOUTH a chance! LOL and wtf.. this youth squad and plenty of our own youngsters in it!!!

Also have 0% confidence since not brought any big names IN.. LOL! Way to go SI....

Need some help with signings for second season.

I have £43 million to spend and need a defensive midfielder to rotate Lucas with, a left back to replace Enrique who I want to sell, and either an AML or AMR who I plan to spend most money on. Have tried for Gotze but they won't even negotiate at £36 million.

HELP!

M'vila for 20m for your midfield, Griezmann you can get for around £13m as well who is amazing and I always end up buying him. As for your left back, sell Enrique and use Robinson instead

Season 2015/2016 Preview

The summer is over and it might be tough season ahead. A lot is counting on these youngsters that are developing and few new faces.

There has been no big name signings. Simply because I don't want spend +150k on the wages until we have new stadium.

Thus the supporters have to do what we got. Having sold many key players we brought in the following new faces...

Players in: Ezeqiel Munoz (Granada 12,25M), Felipe Gutierrez (Twente 10,5M), Nicolas Barreiro (River Plate 8M) and Shola Shoretire (Fulham 4,5M).

GK Stegen / Butland

WBL Willems / Robinson

WBR Vrsaljko / Wisdom

AML Götze, Suso

I have 0% confidence since I'am NOT giving the YOUTH a chance! LOL and wtf.. this youth squad and plenty of our own youngsters in it!!!

Also have 0% confidence since not brought any big names IN.. LOL! Way to go SI....

Yeah after awhile there gets a point when you can't buy any first team players because the regens start overtaking everything. Also I've found the same problem on the giving youth a chance thing, surely they don't expect you to use them every match?

Yeah. I decieded to renew contract with that youth clause. The board immediately came more happy.. opted just for attacking football clause thing. That part of the game definately isn't working at the moment.

I haven't seen any overrated regens.. not yet. The portuguese kid (17y) has very nice attributes but others well decent or mildly good. The problem is that you cannot have many top earners in the squad. They seem to demand way beyond 100k!!!

Btw, anyone had luck finding feeder club to increase the revenues? MLS or Japan... the board has been looking for that kind of club... well +3 years NOW and unable to find any. Another thing that is not working currently.

Season 2015/2016 Preview

GK Stegen / Butland

WBL Willems / Robinson

WBR Vrsaljko / Wisdom

AML Götze, Suso

How does Suso turn out for u?

August

More Transfers

I thought there was only going to be one in and one out this Summer, but my head of youth development decided not. He stole this guy from Real Madrid for £2m

isaaccarrascooverviewpr.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Pretty sweet right winger, looks better than Sterling

and another striker

alexanderhgeleoverviewp.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Both regens cost £4m altogether, so not too shabby at all

Squad Depth

My slightly off 3-5-2 has a bit more depth to it now

Goal Keepers; Reina, Storari

Center Backs; Agger, Skrtel, Coates, Kelly, Wilson, Robinson, Laskowski, Flannagan, McLaughlin

Anchorman; Lucas, M'Vila, Allen, Henderson, Shelvey, Gerrard

Deep lying playmaker; Allen, Henderson, Shelvey, Gerrard, Lucas, M'Vila

Right Winger; El Shaarawy, Sterling, Carrasco, Gerrard, Henderson, Isco, Assaidi

Left Winger; Griezmann, Sterling, El Shaarawy, Assaidi, Gerrard

AMC; Isco, Suso, Suarez, Cooper, Gerrard, Shelvey

Deep lying forward; Suarez, Yesil, Hagele

Poacher; Falcao, Borini, Fierro

Charity Shield

Liverpool 1:1 Newcastle; Borini 56; Ba 52. Liverpool win on penalties; Borini, El Shaarawy, Agger, Suarez, Yesil all scored all my first 5 takes; Ba, Pereira, Milner, Cisse scored for Newcastle Mertens missed the 5th

Liverpool 3:1 Middlesbrough; Falcao 10, 42, 45; McDonald 26

Liverpool 3:1 Reading; Yesil 52, Cooper 57, Carrasco 84; Pogrebnyak 79. Yesil, Fierro, Suso, Cooper, El Shaarawy, Carrasco, Shelvey all played in this match, 7 attackers all under 23 :eek:

Liverpool in my save is sooooo terrible, nearly got relegated last season and now struggling in the 16-17th place again.

So many star players got sold, I nearly got Suarez to come to my QPR team but lose out to Arsenal for 17m. Anyone who NOT managing liverpool had the same situation as mine?

Had the chance to swap job but im afraid its too late and damage has been done, it will be nightmare and ultra challenging to manage this liverpool.

Squad Depth

My slightly off 3-5-2 has a bit more depth to it now

Goal Keepers; Reina, Storari

Center Backs; Agger, Skrtel, Coates, Kelly, Wilson, Robinson, Laskowski, Flannagan, McLaughlin

Anchorman; Lucas, M'Vila, Allen, Henderson, Shelvey, Gerrard

Deep lying playmaker; Allen, Henderson, Shelvey, Gerrard, Lucas, M'Vila

Right Winger; El Shaarawy, Sterling, Carrasco, Gerrard, Henderson, Isco, Assaidi

Left Winger; Griezmann, Sterling, El Shaarawy, Assaidi, Gerrard

AMC; Isco, Suso, Suarez, Cooper, Gerrard, Shelvey

Deep lying forward; Suarez, Yesil, Hagele

Poacher; Falcao, Borini, Fierro

Charity Shield

Liverpool 1:1 Newcastle; Borini 56; Ba 52. Liverpool win on penalties; Borini, El Shaarawy, Agger, Suarez, Yesil all scored all my first 5 takes; Ba, Pereira, Milner, Cisse scored for Newcastle Mertens missed the 5th

Liverpool 3:1 Middlesbrough; Falcao 10, 42, 45; McDonald 26

Liverpool 3:1 Reading; Yesil 52, Cooper 57, Carrasco 84; Pogrebnyak 79. Yesil, Fierro, Suso, Cooper, El Shaarawy, Carrasco, Shelvey all played in this match, 7 attackers all under 23 :eek:

How is the 3-5-2 working out for you? After having to chase a game I broke the habit of a (FM) lifetime and went with two upfront (Borini as a poacher, Cornelius as a TM support) and I found that the attacking movement and directness was much improved - I've decided to change tactics but as I don't trust a 2 man midfield that kind of forces me into a 5-3-2 / 3-5-2 / 4-3-1-2 formation.

How is the 3-5-2 working out for you? After having to chase a game I broke the habit of a (FM) lifetime and went with two upfront (Borini as a poacher, Cornelius as a TM support) and I found that the attacking movement and directness was much improved - I've decided to change tactics but as I don't trust a 2 man midfield that kind of forces me into a 5-3-2 / 3-5-2 / 4-3-1-2 formation.

I was the same, unless it was quite far in and I had worldclass players pretty much everywhere I never played with two up top, but with having 5 strikers and quite a few players who could go center back I thought why not. I'm only in the middle of September now but it's surprised me just how good it is so far, take away the Newcastle match and I've scored three goals in each of my four/five matches so far and conceding far less. Because I'm using the sliders for player instructions my Anchor man pretty much sits right next to my two center backs most of the time, and Agger goes forward sometimes.

My main concern was having my two wingers taken out of the AML/AMR roles and pushes further back into midfield, but they're pretty forward as much as they would if they are further up the pitch. It does help having my AMC and two strikers on a more direct passing style, and I've found that the opposition doesn't really get the chance to come at me too much, if they try and go through the middle of the pitch then they've got 5 people to get through with the 3 defenders and two man midfield, 6 if my AMC is tracking back. And I've found that the AI doesn't really go wide enough to exploit me having no full backs to protect those areas either.

I've got City next so we'll see how I hold up

M'vila for 20m for your midfield, Griezmann you can get for around £13m as well who is amazing and I always end up buying him. As for your left back, sell Enrique and use Robinson instead

Arsenal beat me to Griezmann so have got Yarmelenko instead, ended up with Nanggolan for the DM slot, far cheaper than M'Vila who went Spurs for £29 million!

Arsenal beat me to Griezmann so have got Yarmelenko instead, ended up with Nanggolan for the DM slot, far cheaper than M'Vila who went Spurs for £29 million!

Fair enough, when I saw Griezmann going for that much I jumped for it, added an extra couple on when I saw Arsenal bid for him aha. Yarmolenko is a good player on this, but my DoF keeps bidding £35m+ for him so I have to cancel the deal and then they won't accept anything less.

Fair enough, when I saw Griezmann going for that much I jumped for it, added an extra couple on when I saw Arsenal bid for him aha. Yarmolenko is a good player on this, but my DoF keeps bidding £35m+ for him so I have to cancel the deal and then they won't accept anything less.

Liverpool in my save is sooooo terrible, nearly got relegated last season and now struggling in the 16-17th place again.

So many star players got sold, I nearly got Suarez to come to my QPR team but lose out to Arsenal for 17m. Anyone who NOT managing liverpool had the same situation as mine?

Had the chance to swap job but im afraid its too late and damage has been done, it will be nightmare and ultra challenging to manage this liverpool.

Marco, just out of interest, are you using tactics made by yourself or tactics downloade, such as Thebetterhalf, etcetra? I had some modest success with the 'beta' using my own tactics but have not had any at all in the 'full game'. I can't make up my mind whether to use mytactics or a downloaded set. It does get a little tedious having to restart a new save after getting sacked at the end of the season.

Marco, just out of interest, are you using tactics made by yourself or tactics downloade, such as Thebetterhalf, etcetra? I had some modest success with the 'beta' using my own tactics but have not had any at all in the 'full game'. I can't make up my mind whether to use mytactics or a downloaded set. It does get a little tedious having to restart a new save after getting sacked at the end of the season.

I'm using my own tactisc, I never downloaded any tactics off websites since FM2008! Felt so good when tactics you created is a piece of masterclass!

Ended up winning both matches 3-nil :D great performance against City who were 1st aswell! 2 games in 3 days...tough but manageable! Thank God for rest days lol.

A Double, I have the same question for you, please. Do you use a downloaded tactic or one completely of your own making? My own began OK but now are very poor.

I make my own tactics. I mainly use a 4 1 1 3 1 (that's how I call it.) It's with four defenders (all with "defend" and defensive mentalities, especially the CBs). Then one DMCR (but is just placed above the right CB). Then one MCL. Then AMC, AML and AMR and a striker.

Alternatively, I use 2 DMCs instead of having an MC so it would be 4 2 3 1.

What I would advise is that in the training, you make sure that you allow the team to get used to the tactics and use team cohesion aswell at the beginning or now and then to allow the team to jel together, especially if there are new players etc. Also make sure that you are letting them play in their right roles, e.g. Gerrard's preferred role is AM (on attack) so that's how I play him. For some, they may prefer to play around with the role and find that he performs better for them as an inside forward to example, so make sure you do play around with them.

Because you have started a completely new save from the beta to the full game, things are gonna change slightly so you won't get the same success. It depends on a bit of luck too. And the team tactics you play, e.g. tempo etc, recently I found that changing from slow tempo to fast tempo has allowed my team to play much better and beat teams like Man City who are 1st in my save. So just play around and tweak some things slightly :).

Hope that this helps!

Ended up winning both matches 3-nil :D great performance against City who were 1st aswell! 2 games in 3 days...tough but manageable! Thank God for rest days lol.

I make my own tactics. I mainly use a 4 1 1 3 1 (that's how I call it.) It's with four defenders (all with "defend" and defensive mentalities, especially the CBs). Then one DMCR (but is just placed above the right CB). Then one MCL. Then AMC, AML and AMR and a striker.

Alternatively, I use 2 DMCs instead of having an MC so it would be 4 2 3 1.

What I would advise is that in the training, you make sure that you allow the team to get used to the tactics and use team cohesion aswell at the beginning or now and then to allow the team to jel together, especially if there are new players etc. Also make sure that you are letting them play in their right roles, e.g. Gerrard's preferred role is AM (on attack) so that's how I play him. For some, they may prefer to play around with the role and find that he performs better for them as an inside forward to example, so make sure you do play around with them.

Because you have started a completely new save from the beta to the full game, things are gonna change slightly so you won't get the same success. It depends on a bit of luck too. And the team tactics you play, e.g. tempo etc, recently I found that changing from slow tempo to fast tempo has allowed my team to play much better and beat teams like Man City who are 1st in my save. So just play around and tweak some things slightly :).

Hope that this helps!

You're right about that feeling of creating your own tactic and winning. Im in my third season and have finally gotten the right balance of players to suit my tactic, and have tinkered enough with it.

I do get annoyed when i read about people consistently struggling v lower rep teams, i suffer the same, looking forward to the ME update to fix these ailing bugs. Will make the game less frustrating.

Thanks Double K. I'll now take my tactics 4-2-3-1 wide back to the beginning, as I originally made them and have another go. Again, out of interest and not understanding. On looking at the tactics that are downlodable I always have the same query. Look at anyone of them, look at the 'team settings'. They always are so very far apart from mine. I'd like to know what procedure is used to make, say, mentality 17.Why not 19 or 16? Is there a formula somewhere that will allow you to decide what the team settings should be? I have asked this down the years and still not found out. Or is it all purely guesswork?

You're right about that feeling of creating your own tactic and winning. Im in my third season and have finally gotten the right balance of players to suit my tactic, and have tinkered enough with it.

I do get annoyed when i read about people consistently struggling v lower rep teams, i suffer the same, looking forward to the ME update to fix these ailing bugs. Will make the game less frustrating.

Yeah, happening now and then to me aswell...e.g. just lost to Sunderland 2-0 away even though I've beaten the likes of City etc just before this...

Thanks Double K. I'll now take my tactics 4-2-3-1 wide back to the beginning, as I originally made them and have another go. Again, out of interest and not understanding. On looking at the tactics that are downlodable I always have the same query. Look at anyone of them, look at the 'team settings'. They always are so very far apart from mine. I'd like to know what procedure is used to make, say, mentality 17.Why not 19 or 16? Is there a formula somewhere that will allow you to decide what the team settings should be? I have asked this down the years and still not found out. Or is it all purely guesswork?

Sorry, I've no idea about this so not able to help. But what I can say is that team settings vary depending on how people want their team to play e.g. I may want a quicker tempo and more wide play than you etc.

For everyone playing a long-term game, SI have confirmed a serious bug with tax. Apparently corporation tax is double what it should be. The fix likely won't be save-game compatible either. That really sucks.

See here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/327458-club-tax-is-insane!!!-my-juventus-loses-2-3-millions-pounds-each-month?p=8287512&viewfull=1#post8287512

For everyone playing a long-term game, SI have confirmed a serious bug with tax. Apparently corporation tax is double what it should be. The fix likely won't be save-game compatible either. That really sucks.

See here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/327458-club-tax-is-insane!!!-my-juventus-loses-2-3-millions-pounds-each-month?p=8287512&viewfull=1#post8287512

For f*ck sake...seriously. Is there any point even carrying on my save then?

Cheers for letting us know!

Another annoying thing, was 10 months into planning for expanding the stadium, season finished, i had cash in the bank to pay for it and BOOM, denied by the council. Damn. Has anyone expanded or built a new stadium in their game?

I've just had the expansion granted and work is going to begin/finish in the summer. So I hope it still happens.

For f*ck sake...seriously. Is there any point even carrying on my save then?

Cheers for letting us know!

From what I can see, it's the short term fix that isn't save game compatible? He suggests they will try everything they can to make the full fix save game compatible, but never says it wont be.

If you have FMRTE also it looks like you can fix it using that.

From what I can see, it's the short term fix that isn't save game compatible? He suggests they will try everything they can to make the full fix save game compatible, but never says it wont be.

If you have FMRTE also it looks like you can fix it using that.

The easiest way seems to be to use FMRTE to set the 2013 and 2014 tax rates to 0 and change the 1900 tax rate to 22%. The problem is the game is adding the new and old tax rates together rather than replacing the old with the new. That's why tax has increased so much in my second season.

Another annoying thing, was 10 months into planning for expanding the stadium, season finished, i had cash in the bank to pay for it and BOOM, denied by the council. Damn. Has anyone expanded or built a new stadium in their game?

It usually takes a few seasons before you're allowed to expand it, that said I've nearly finished adding 10,000 seats in my third season. Unless you've got a high bank balance wait until the board tell you that they're going to do it themselves.

It usually takes a few seasons before you're allowed to expand it, that said I've nearly finished adding 10,000 seats in my third season. Unless you've got a high bank balance wait until the board tell you that they're going to do it themselves.

Beauty thanks mate. Im now tossing up between contuing my save or waiting for the updates.....

Archived