dafuge's FM13 challenge

I thought you were managing Whitehawk?

I'm only keeping an eye out for them while I do some reloads to save different teams. Didn't you see the list of saves I've posted a few posts up?

I'm considering changing to a different team anyway, as Whitehawk seem to have a higher rep than I expected them to have.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm only keeping an eye out for them while I do some reloads to save different teams. Didn't you see the list of saves I've posted a few posts up?

I'm considering changing to a different team anyway, as Whitehawk seem to have a higher rep than I expected them to have.

Ah ok that makes sense. I was tempted to play as Whitehawk but after seeing them alot I thought they would have a fairly high reputation and alot of people may manage them so I chose a team who rarely appeared.

Ah ok that makes sense. I was tempted to play as Whitehawk but after seeing them alot I thought they would have a fairly high reputation and alot of people may manage them so I chose a team who rarely appeared.

I've reloaded over 200 times now, and all three of the teams I'd like to play as haven't been promoted yet...

Wow - Banbury United didnt go to plan. Had just played my 3rd league games and then I was sacked due to a board takeover. I didnt have a back up save so I'm back to reloading.

I'd be tempted to log that as a bug in the bugs forum as that shouldn't really be happening.

Considering this is a beta and all of the moaning in the GD forums I've got to say I'm impressed. Currently in January and everything has been running smoothly. I havent found any bugs and most importantly I'm really enjoying it.

If anyone has a Chippenham save they want to share then please do! Reloading is killing me, just want to get in and start playing!

Sorry I didnt keep my Chippenham save. To be honest I think your being quite unfortunate as I saw Chippenham appear maybe 20 times in 150-200 reloads.

Good to see so many different clubs this year!

I finally snagged Chippenham last night, but it took a LOT of reloads. I think you may have been the lucky one Hypanimz, because I didn't have any luck with them. If I had to venture a guess, Id say they are probably 900-950 rep this year. Still high enough to come up, but with St. Albans and a couple other 1000+ in the division its tough.

Unable to post the save however as I like to be the only one on my saves so as to have unique player devolment from everyone else as I'm a bit of a slow player and most of you will get well ahead of me.

Also Hypanimz, that is one heck of a regen you found. He should completely destroy the lower leagues with his pace alone, and with that determination I can easily see him playing Championship or higher level footy as he matures. Bummer on not being able to sign him :(

Sorry I didnt keep my Chippenham save. To be honest I think your being quite unfortunate as I saw Chippenham appear maybe 20 times in 150-200 reloads.

To be fair Ive probabally yet to hit the 100 mark with reloads, so I guess I just need to keep on at it :D

I like seeing who everybody picks to manage. Really interested to see who daf manages.

I've got an idea, although it depends if they turn up during reloading or if I get another club that takes my fancy.

Hopefully I'll be up and running tonight.

Its gutting he isnt on my team. I decided to see how much he would cost and its only 80k. Shame you dont get that sort of money in the BSN.

Spread it out over 4 years! lol. Cant even manage that in the BSS/N unfortunantly :( would definitely be worth it if there it is even remotely possible. That value is going to SKYROCKET. I'd probably bid it and have it fail, then see if the ask Chairman option comes up. sure 80k is more than an entire seasons budget, but it would be totally worth it for that guy! Unfortunately, even if you could somehow pull off the deal he is probably to high rep to even want to talk to you :(

Edit: Just noticed he also has 17 Free Kicks. Between that, the pace, and good finishing and he would be enough to get multiple promotions by himself if healthy lol

He is different level. His value is now beginning to increase. Its 28k now and when Kettering get promoted I'm sure it will increase by 10x. In his last game he hit 4 against Solihull taking his tally to 29 in 36 and still only 16 years old.

wingateandfinchley-1.png

History

The club was established in 1991 by a merger of Wingate and Finchley.Although Finchley were the higher placed of the two clubs, the new club took Wingate's place in the Premier Division of the South Midlands League and played at Finchley's Summers Lane ground, which was renamed after Harry Abrahams, a long time Wingate supporter. In 1994–95 they finished second in the league and joined Division Three of the Isthmian League.

After a second-place finish in 1998–99 they were promoted to Division Two, but were relegated back to Division Three at the end of the following season. After league reorganisation they were placed in Division One North for the 2002–03 season, but in 2004 were transferred to the Eastern Division of the Southern League. The club later returned to Division One North of the Isthmian League. In 2009–10 they finished third, qualifying for the promotion play-offs, in which they lost 3–2 to Enfield Town. The following season the club won the Isthmian League Cup and the London Senior Cup, and finished third again. After beating Harlow Town in the play-off semi-finals, they defeated Brentwood Town 3–2 after extra time in the final, earning promotion to the Premier Division.

(from wikipedia)

The story of the Harry Abrahams Stadium

The highlight of this ground is clearly the unique grandstand:

PICT0010.JPG

There aren't many clubs at this level that have something like that!

This game will be played as part of dafuge's FM13 challenge, so the game has been set up with just the English leagues loaded and a large database with extra players loaded from all continents to bring the player total up to around 48000. My aim is simple, to do as well as possible, but hopefully as the game develops I will be able to add extra aims and challenges.

Manager Profile

A familiar face and a rather empty profile.

Club Profile

Not a lot going on at the moment, but that will change soon.

General Info

Being nicknamed the Blues is a great bonus for me as a Pompey fan.

Facilities

The stadium is great for this level, so hopefully it will allow us to improve the other facilities quickly.

Finances

Things look good at the moment, although I have a reputation of ruining that at this level.

Squad

With no backroom staff I have no idea how good this lot is, but I imagine I will be replacing them soon. I look forward to building my first squad.

I've decided to start again - initially i went with a classic game but moving to full fat with Bury Town

I know it won't be long but hoping someone can come up with all the new logos as despite having many I don't have the one for the team I have chosen

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYHzL7mkZ0KQ7iZpG9vAiNCamOwBd49uXf6EfKnF5tA7Lwq44wrb2n7A

Bury Town Football Club is an English semi-professional football club, based in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk. The club are currently members of the Isthmian League Premier Division and play at Ram Meadow

Banbury United - Blue Square Bet North - 2013/14

Good first season. I never thought we would challenge the play-offs at the start of the season. On the final day we were sat in the final play-off position but we lost 3-2 and fell out. Was a very good platform to build on so looking forward to next season.

League Table

Past Positions

Inconsistant is the best way to sum up our league campaign. Also an inability to finish off teams. We threw away so many 2-0 leads to either draw or lose. Kettering walked away with the league thanks to Paul Moran, the superstar newgen. My thread will probably involve him a lot more in the future.

Cups - Knocked out by Local rivals Brackley int he 4th qual. round of the FA Cup was a dissapointment.

Squad - Personally i thought it was weak and needed more improvement. Looking forward to getting my wage budget to work with for next season. The bad news is alot of my players wont sign new deals so will be leaving on frees.

Transfers - Plenty of movement and there will be the same this coming summer.

Finances - In debt. Pretty standard at this level. Need a cup run.

Key Player Profiles:

Hatib Chan - Star striker, scored 31 in 42 also setting up 12.

Lewis Wilson - Took a while to settle in but scored 20 in 33.

Andre da Costa - highest avg. rating in my team. Set up 12 in 22 games. Could of been so much better if he didnt get sent of 5 (FIVE) times.

Good first season. Bit worried about the pre-season as alot of players will need and I need to replace them with quality.

I'm very unsure as to what game to play this year. I really like the sound of the big club, small country challenge as it lends itself to my epic Arsenal saves, however, I have played a quick game with Rangers for a few hours and quite like Classic Mode as something different. I think it'll be frustrating and possibly even more difficult with this challenge with simpler scouting and training and so on, but if I'm going to do an Arsenal save, I want one that has edited competition names as I hate playing in the Champions Cup and the Premier Division.

Has a decision been made about Classic Mode? I'm really annoyed that sodding Tooting and Mitcham got relegated last year because I've just moved to (literally) across the road from the KWK Stadium and am now a season ticket holder. They are really, REALLY rubbish! Seriously!

Daf - with no editor, I can't play as T&M in the division below anyway, but has a decision about FMC been made?

Daf - with no editor, I can't play as T&M in the division below anyway, but has a decision about FMC been made?

Not yet, ideally we need someone to trial the challenge with FMC and see if it can meet all the rules and play out in a similar fashion.

Archived