League 1 Thread - 2012/13

G-Man11

That's good then.

I always said if he got his head screwed on and matured, he could become a top player. He needed to realise that no matter how much ability he had, he still needed to work hard to be good enough in the top Leagues in England.

Apparently he told friends he was be expecting aload of top Championship clubs to be after him when we released him, and maybe even a couple of Premier League clubs.

Realising that not many (if any did) it may have given him a wake up call.

Is he likely to sign a new deal, or is he waiting for a team in the Championship to make an offer?

Offer is on the table, I hope he signs but it's dragging on a bit now.

Milan Misun :D. Any idea who you're actually getting him on loan from? It's always been disputed about whether or not Swindon really signed him as we never actually saw him.

FC Viktoria Plzeň I'm led to believe.

Chris Porter as signed a new deal, out of all the 3 (Williamson, McDonald and Porter) he was the one I didn;t care if they re-signed or not. Hopefully other 2 will sign sooner rather than later.

Villa want to sign Matthew Lowton from us also

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's 23 now.

Who's Bigirimana?

23? I thought he was like 20 :D

Bigirimana is an 18 year old CM who started about 20 games for us last season. We currently only have 3 cm's, 2 of which are 18 and were first team regulars last season :D

When you're at the point that you're selling on the youngsters you've chucked into the first team due to a lack of players it's not a good sign :D Probably be playing 16 year olds next!

Is he the one they found outside the stadium kicking a football? May have just made that up :D

I think that's true.

I'm sure G-man said he just turned up for training (or a trial) or something.

I'd never heard of him, untill he G-man said he was linked with us.... sounded like a promising young player.

I think that's true.

I'm sure G-man said he just turned up for training (or a trial) or something.

I'd never heard of him, untill he G-man said he was linked with us.... sounded like a promising young player.

Was bloody awesome against you lot tbf, well until he got sent off anyway :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2012/03/coventrys_boy_from_burundi.html#304805

If we sign any decent centre backs. We could loan you Jamaal Lascelles :D. Has that centre back that Brentford had joined anyone yet. I had his name just a minute ago but it's gone. Has he had any discussions with any teams yet?

Karliegh Osborne? Rumors that he was close to going to Reading back in Jan but his injury stopped that, last I heard was Charlton looking at him

Milan Misun isn't signing for us after all, he failed his medical last night. No surprise really :D

Apparently we are to announce a new loan signing today for a striker who plays for a Prem club. Some rumours think it's Nick Powell who recently went to Man Utd. I hope that's true but I can't see it really.

Lowton's gone to Villa, he'll be missed but he'd have been silly to turn a Prem move down.

Bigirimana only going for £1 million. Terrible bit of business by the board as usual. Keep him for another couple of years and we could have sold him for a lot more as well as getting more gametime out of him.

Just look at the Lowton fee he's picked up 2 full seasons of first team football and he's going for treble the fee.

Bigirimana only going for £1 million. Terrible bit of business by the board as usual. Keep him for another couple of years and we could have sold him for a lot more as well as getting more gametime out of him.

Just look at the Lowton fee he's picked up 2 full seasons of first team football and he's going for treble the fee.

You cannot compare the fee's though. Lowton as been around for a good 5+ years now. He even went abroad for a loan spell for a season. He's gone to Villa and is promised to be the starting rightback.

Well yes that's my point...

If we keep Bigirimana for longer and let him develop with regular first team football then the club would be able to pick up a larger fee a few years down the line.

Well yes that's my point...

If we keep Bigirimana for longer and let him develop with regular first team football then the club would be able to pick up a larger fee a few years down the line.

Only if he develops well though, it can be risky especially as you seem to need the money.

Apparently we are in talks with Francois Zoko. I hope its true pace and strength is just what we need.

Only if he develops well though, it can be risky especially as you seem to need the money.

Apparently we are in talks with Francois Zoko. I hope its true pace and strength is just what we need.

Zoko is pretty much a luxury player, he is really good on his day, his days just come in spurts annoyingly, will infuriate a lot of fans as he can completely drift out of games also will do 0 work defensively if you play him on the wings. Was dropped last season around x-mas time and wasn't getting back into the team until Loy broke his leg but he had a very good end to the season when his contract was coming up.

Is it true goal keeper Richard Wright has been let go by Preston already? One of my mates was telling me about it today.

I also heard on Radio Lancashire today, that a few members of the Preston squad have apparently been in touch with the PFA for advice, after Graham Westley sent a text message to 8 of his players, warning them to stay away from pre-season training..

Don't turn up for training, boss Westley texts Preston eight.

A bizarre text message from a league manager telling eight of his players to stay away from pre-season training has created a huge storm.

Players at League One side Preston North End have called in the PFA following manager Graham Westley’s latest attempt to push them out of the club.

Sportsmail can reveal that Westley sent the text to eight of the players he wants out, telling them to stay away from first team training and that he expects them to be gone by the start of the season.

The players are understood to include midfielders Barry Nicholson, Paul Coutts and striker Iain Hume while another, German forward Juvhel Tsoumou, had his contract cancelled by mutual consent this week. Coutts and Hume are considered to be two of the club’s best players.

The text is blunt in its delivery. Westley, who released 14 players at the end of the season and transfer-listed seven, has continually clashed with his squad since being appointed manager in January, even declaring: ‘I’ve had to tread carefully around some of the most mediocre standards I’ve ever seen in my life.’

In April he claimed four of his squad leaked his team and tactics to Sheffield Wednesday ahead of their 2-0 defeat at Hillsborough and threatened disciplinary action backed by chairman Peter Ridsdale. No action was taken after intervention from the PFA and the accusation was vehemently denied by the players.

Hume later said on Twitter: ‘Can’t see [it], and hopefully [i’m] proven right, that any of my team mates would divulge info[rmation] like that.’ Westley said: ‘It’s a difficult place, our club and our dressing room. If they’d have seen the real me, we probably would have had a big fall-out and there could have been a real problem at the club.’

Westley has recruited 12 new players since the end of the season and this week pointedly said: ‘The players I’ve brought in have the hunger, thirst and desire to win. Their attitude towards the team and club is positive and professional.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2169972/Graham-Westley-texts-players-turn-Preston-training.html

I know he thinks all his strict discipline/non stop training is the best thing (can't argue, it brought him success at Stevenage)... but that's just classy, very professional from Westley.

Listening to the way he speaks on Radio Lancs, and some of the things he's come out with ever since joining Preston (From blaming the deepdale pitch during a poor run, saying it was too big.. to accusing his own players of leaking team news to the opposition)

I almost feel sorry for the Preston fans.. almost. :D

Graham Westley is an utter scumbag tbh. Can't stand him at all.

Would happily take Hume and Coutts at Cov if he wants rid.

As for Wright it's down to being too far away from his family and nothing to do with Westley, apparently anyway.

Yeah, I remember Preston fans had nothing but good things to say about Hume in the Championship

When he was on loan there (before they made it permanent) the Preston fans were constanly ringing/txting in the radio saying he's been out and out there best player.. and they hope they sign him on permanently.

Westley does seem like a right tw*t, especially when he comes out with things like he's said above.

That he had to tread carefully around some of the most mediocre standards he's ever seen in his life.

And that the club and it's dressing room was a difficult place, and if they’d have seen the real him, there probably would have had a big fall-out and there could have been a real problem at the club.

Ha, sorry Mr Big.

Too big :D

Christ' date=' Cotterill made our pitch smaller last season, as if our pitch wasn't small enough ffs.[/quote']

Less space for any football to be played in!

Yeah, it will be down to his style of football. I think the Stevenage pitch is really small/tight?

Even so, blaming the pitch on his teams defeat is lame.

He should have adapated a new plan, if his favoured style wasn't working on the Deepdale pitch. :D

Hume is a quality footballer, was good for Barnsley and Leicester as well. Just a shame about the whole fractured skull thing :( Chris Morgan such a despicable person. /baiting cleon :D

tbf though' date=' Preston do have some moron fans that sit next to the away support, it's sweet that it's happening to them.

Every club needs a manager like Appy, such a decent guy, could of quit and gone to another club but refuses to go. :thup:[/quote']

My overriding memory of Deepdale is conceding with the last kick of the game to lose 2-1 and a whole bunch of chavy kids acting like utter ***** on the concourse to the left of the away end. Not a happy memory :(

Straight after the goal as well some ****** old fan of ours basically had a fight with Westwood blaming him for the goal (as the pitch it tiny and the goal is practically on top of the away end) :thdn: I was pretty much in the front row so got a pretty good view of the whole thing :D

Seriously this chap went right up to the hoardings and started calling Westwood loads of names and they both squared up to each other and everything :D

My overriding memory of Deepdale is conceding with the last kick of the game to lose 2-1 and a whole bunch of chavy kids acting like utter ***** on the concourse to the left of the away end. Not a happy memory :(

I think they are the same ones when we played there.

It kicked off when we played there, the away stand wasn't half and half, we'd sold out the stand to ourselves.

But in the concourse to the left, there were aload of little chavs not even watching the game, just constanly facing towards and provoking the Burnley fans.. wasn't long before it kicked off down in the left corner of the stand we were in (unfortunately we have a fair share of idoits)

When it kicked off, the chavy Preston fans crapped their pants.

When Jack Cork scored a late winner, it was great. The 6 thousand Burnley fans all seemed to face towards those chavs and gave them some stick.. Who are ya!, League One my lord, League One.. etc.

Straight after the goal as well some ****** old fan of ours basically had a fight with Westwood blaming him for the goal (as the pitch it tiny and the goal is practically on top of the away end) I was pretty much in the front row so got a pretty good view of the whole thing

Seriously this chap went right up to the hoardings and started calling Westwood loads of names and they both squared up to each other and everything

Lmao, Westwood is a great keeper aswell fgs. :D

Yeah' date=' that's the *****. See for us it was a last minute og that won the game. After Jamo had saved a pen and we should of been beaten [/quote']

That's what I like to hear. :cool:

Your experiences both sound better than mine :(

You'll have a better experience this season (if you go) Thorn's football should come out on top against Westley's football.. a 3-0 win or something, Fleck with a brace. ;)

LOLOLOLOL Crawley Town in League One

I'm brazilian, but i'm a big fan of english lower divisions, and i will support MK Dons in this season.

Sheffield, MK and Portsmouth will be promoted, in this order.

Hume is a quality footballer, was good for Barnsley and Leicester as well. Just a shame about the whole fractured skull thing :( Chris Morgan such a despicable person. /baiting cleon :D

Pfft. I bet Morgan thinks Karma is a bitch now though. It's unlikely he'll ever play again after his injury :D

Who's that? Never heard of him :D

For a club that is supposed to be going for promotion we have signed some nobodys. Yoann Arquin is a done deal I think. Got relegated with Hereford from League 2 last season. The less said about Enoch the better.

Tbh I'd probably not have heard of him even if he was a good player at this level, ignoring former champ/prem players or the 'big names' ofc. Feels really weird not knowing who 90% of the players are at this level :(

I do know who Enoch is mind, but only because he's terrible :D

Tbh I'd probably not have heard of him even if he was a good player at this level, ignoring former champ/prem players or the 'big names' ofc. Feels really weird not knowing who 90% of the players are at this level :(

I do know who Enoch is mind, but only because he's terrible :D

We have had so many rubbish strikers over the last few seasons. I think he will turn into a cult hero like Delroy Facey did. We hold an annual Delroy Facey day every year :D

I saw you had Dele Abdeloa on loan last season. So incredibly lacking in technical ability but such an awesome cult player :cool: Worryingly he was actually our top scorer one season :D

I saw you had Dele Abdeloa on loan last season. So incredibly lacking in technical ability but such an awesome cult player :cool: Worryingly he was actually our top scorer one season :D

He managed about 15 minutes in total. The guy could hardly move :D

Yeah he must be really getting on now. Was a proper powerhouse in his prime :cool: Was going to say I'd happily have him back but not if he's completely immobile!

Just checking his career record and he's certainly played for a lot of clubs (13 in total)! Actually played over 160 times for us :eek:

[video=youtube;l3pKiLlfqXI]

So so so cult! Just love how all his goals look utter flukes :D

Check out 1:42!

For a club that is supposed to be going for promotion we have signed some nobodys. Yoann Arquin is a done deal I think. Got relegated with Hereford from League 2 last season. The less said about Enoch the better.

To be fair Yoann has the potential to be a decent player and could be a useful signing. Really need's to work on his attitude though and cut down the amount of time he's in the pub/night club. Did quite well for us last season considering half of his appearances came from the bench and he was often put out wide. Has the pace, power and flair to become a good player if he wants it though. Hope he does well though.

I started off quite dismissive of Delroy but ended up loving him by the end of the season :D

Will be interesting to see where he ends up, he's on a hattrick of relegations to the conference so feel sorry for who he signs for!

We're still monitoring Schlupp from Leicester. Be a fantastic signing if we get him onloan for the season. Wish they'd hurry and sign him though, this been dragging on about 5 weeks now :(

Archived