League 1 Thread - 2012/13

G-Man11

Schlupp is awesome. I want him at Notts :(

Oi hands off :D

Loads of interest from Championship sides too but Leicester don't wnat him going to a rival team so hopefully that gives us more of a chance. He almost joined us last season but got injured.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see we have Jon Harley on trial today after being released by Notts County' date=' I assume there was a good reason for releasing him?[/quote']

Still a good player but his legs have gone. Did a good job when required last season. As soon as he comes up against someone with pace he has had it.

Also had our best (only) chance in the JPT final as well, will do well for whoever gets him if he comes back to league 1

We need someone who can find the back of the net, losing Ched when we did cost us promotion. So if we don't replace him this season then we wont get up as I can't see where the goals will come from.

We need someone who can find the back of the net, losing Ched when we did cost us promotion. So if we don't replace him this season then we wont get up as I can't see where the goals will come from.

I'd have said McDonald's injury was more of an influence. Losing him when we did put us in the position where we could blow promotion.

Yoann Arquinn done but not announced yet. Still think we need another forward and winger. Can't see Enoch to be the man to fire us to promotion :D

good player, lots of potential, eye for goal, but his attitude is his problem hope he does well. think he might be out of his depth.

I'd have said McDonald's injury was more of an influence. Losing him when we did put us in the position where we could blow promotion.

True but we lacked someone to put the ball away. Cressy Isn't exactly prolific and scored most of his goals in the opening months. Hoskins never really delivered although played out of position too and got injured. And Porter well he's too static.

good player, lots of potential, eye for goal, but his attitude is his problem hope he does well. think he might be out of his depth.

Still not announced.

In other news, Enoch has taken the number 9 shirt from Lee Hughes. I hope to god we sign someone else to play up front. Enoch our main striker, seriously? :D

Is Lee Hughes leaving?

Anyway we clearly have the worst strike force of any team aiming to come at least midtable.

Does look like we're set to sign Steven Jennings though, pretty much a direct replacement for Bigirimana.

Is Lee Hughes leaving?

Anyway we clearly have the worst strike force of any team aiming to come at least midtable.

Does look like we're set to sign Steven Jennings though, pretty much a direct replacement for Bigirimana.

Rumoured that Mansfield want him. For a team aiming for promotion, I hope Enoch is not the main man :D

Hughes has been brilliant for us but he is 36 now and blowing out his arse most of the time. He will only fill the bench. Looks like we might be trying to get rid.

Yeah I kind of forget he was that old, but then he was our top scorer 12 years ago! Presumably he's on fairly sizeable wages? Didn't he sign when you were owned by that 'fake sheik'?

In fact Lee Hughes is without the worst piece of business the club have ever done, splashed £5 million on him when we were in the championship which got us 15 goals and then sold him back to the club we bought him from for £2.5 million a year later. Pretty much spent £2.5 million + wages to get 15 goals ffs :D

Yeah I kind of forget he was that old, but then he was our top scorer 12 years ago! Presumably he's on fairly sizeable wages? Didn't he sign when you were owned by that 'fake sheik'?

In fact Lee Hughes is without the worst piece of business the club have ever done, splashed £5 million on him when we were in the championship which got us 15 goals and then sold him back to the club we bought him from for £2.5 million a year later. Pretty much spent £2.5 million + wages to get 15 goals ffs :D

He recently took a wage cut to stay with us, but for the amount he will probably play it might be better to get rid.

Yes that was what I was getting at :D

Quite frankly I think we need a big lump front atm as with Platt gone our strike force is tiny. Our midfield and defence isn't much bigger either! Can definitely see us having trouble with the Stevenage's of this world next year :(

Yeah we really want someone who's just had back to back relegations from the football league :rolleyes::D

Was thinking more along the lines of Steve Howard/Calvin Andrew/Caleb Folan tbh. I did want Dele but based on what you said he may be past it :(

http://www.kidderminstershuttle.co.uk/sport/local/9811330.BREAKING_NEWS__Matt_linked_with_Sheffield_United_trial/?ref=rss

I can see it now, in a promotion spot and hes scoring for fun. He'll then get deported....

According to BBC Sports Jack Dean is on trial with us a midfielder. Started at Man Utd was released, then joined Fulham at 17 and is now a free agent. Anyone heard of him before?

Yeah was going to go to our game with Hinckley on Saturday but now I'm going to be busy :( Football isn't worth talking about tbh but always nice to get back to that footie atmosphere :D

So looks like the Bigirimana fee has gone towards ensuring we get Cat 2 status for the academy. Can't really complain at that tbh.

Also noticed this fact:

Last season we had 141 appearances in the first team from Academy graduates that were under 21.

:eek:

It's clearly too late now but as I said before I really think they would have been best off starting AFC Portsmouth or whatever in non-league and start working their way up the leagues rather than watch their club slowly die. Nothing worse than watching a long slow drawn out death :(

Thanks for the Pity lads. :(

Me and Walker would 100% be buying Bournemouth STs, just for the year until a phoenix club is put together..

29 points in 4 seasons we've been docked for what is effectively the same problem, all stemming from our time in the Premiership. I'm not going to argue it, as there is a little nugget of good news in what the FL are offering us.

- Accept a deduction of 10 points in the 2012/13 season;

- Agree that only a limited proportion of the secured debt from the previous club can be carried forward into the new company as secured debt.

- Pay all football creditors in full, unless mutually acceptable compromise agreements are put in place.

- Agree to a range of other restrictions on playing budgets, future borrowing and loan repayments for the next 5 seasons.

The second line is the most important. Chanrais £17m of secured debt cannot be transferred which is great news. The restrictions mean sweet fa, if someone comes in and waves money at the FL they'll remove the restrictions, just like they did with CSI.

However, the third is the most damming. We need rid of Lawrence, Halford, Kitson, Kanu, Huseklepp and Ben Haim. We have to pay all football creditors in full. That is not going to happen. I say that because Chanrais bid for the club is dependant on the players agreeing a deal and all the high earners leaving. So the deal breaker is the players coming to a mutual agreement. Why would they do that? God knows. Maybe they have a heart, but if we went out of business I'm sure the FL would scrape together and pay the football creditors in full anyway.

One half of our Clint (Morrison) (Freddy) Eastwood partnership from a couple of years back :cool::D

I'm still amazed at how poorly he's done at this level as he always always good for a decent haul in the championship.

Amazing how we coped with that partnership tbh now seeing Eastwood dropping to League 2 and Morrison very much looking average at this level :D

Who's that? Aren't they still under embargo?

Saunders said that Portsmouth have offered Simon Gillett a deal that is better than what he was on last season, which we can't compete with. I think there are a few other clubs in for him though.

That the left back guy? Dumbya or something? He any good?

Right-back. Lightning fast but can't defend. He's also on trial at yours I believe.

Saunders said that Portsmouth have offered Simon Gillett a deal that is better than what he was on last season, which we can't compete with. I think there are a few other clubs in for him though.

How does Dean Saunders know what we have offered anyone? We can't sign ANYONE and our finances are being monitored by the football league so theirs no way we're offering anything stupid to anyone.

How does Dean Saunders know what we have offered anyone? We can't sign ANYONE and our finances are being monitored by the football league so theirs no way we're offering anything stupid to anyone.

Because he will have spoken to his agent when he was planning to offer him a new deal. Sounds like we didn't bother offering him anything because we know we can't match other offers.

Sky Sports understands Sheffield United are poised to sign Walsall defender Darryl Westlake.

The highly-rated 21-year-old is out of contract at Walsall and Sheffield United have moved to lure him to Bramall Lane.

Blades boss Danny Wilson has moved for Westlake as the ideal replacement for Matt Lowton following his switch to Aston Villa earlier this month.

Westlake has impressed at Walsall since breaking into the team in the 2009/10 season when he was named the club's Young Player of the Year.

The right-back has made over 70 first-team appearances for Walsall and is regarded as one of the best young talents outside the top two divisions.

As Westlake is under 21 Walsall will be due compensation for the player with the fee likely to go a tribunal if Sheffield United cannot agree a deal with their League One rivals.

Anyone know much about him?

Archived