sixsecondsleft

Is your manager profile preferred tactic ever accurate?

18 posts in this topic

I know it ultimately means nothing, but it annoys me to see my preferred tactic in my manager profile as a [b]4-4-2[/b] when I have never [i]once[/i] lined up in a 4-4-2 in my 4+ seasons. 90% of the time, I am in a 4-3-3, and the other 10% will be 4-1-3-2 or 4-3-1-2. Also, it says my coaching style is "defensive," yet I am always playing "control" with high pressure, as well as telling the media I am going to attack.

I guess I am curious how the game determines this... and if anyone feels theirs is accurate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i play 4-1-1-3-1 short passing, fluid and standard.

it says i play 4-3-3 direct and defensive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I play a 442 with two DMC and AMR/L, the "preferred tactic" is 4-2-2-2 with two MC. I wonder if that is what the AI thinks I play and thus it gives me an advantage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I guess there's a finite set of these 'manager prefered tactics' (maybe the default tactics?) and the game tries to somehow fit your actual tactic into this mould (maybe judging by player mentality/roles?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i have more attacking players in my squad than defending players, but apparently i am a defensive minded coach! not that it makes a difference to my game, just odd. i hadnt actually looked before i saw this thread!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I've allready noticed this, and bugs me. But what i find odd is that the others teams sometimes adapt their playing styles to the one i do in reality and not the one stated on my profile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I play 4-4-2 primarily on FM2011 and it says 4-4-2, however it has passing as mixed when it's supposed to be direct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Never checked this before but I'm shown as a fan of 4-4-2 and I have never, ever, played this formation in this game. I play 4-2-3-1. Very occasionally 4-5-1. FM should get rid of this inf. if they can't get it even remotely right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I always play 4-3-3 but it says my preferred tactic is 4-4-1-1 which I have never used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It's right for me in FM11, but it took quite a long time to update. It says 4-1-3-2 which I've been playing for around 3 seasons in a row now, as well as using it in my first couple of seasons and intermittently over the few seasons in between (when my main formation was a 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond).

It said 4-4-2 for abolutely ages, though I hardly use 4-4-2, and only started using it about 2 seasons ago as an alternative tactic for games where my team was much better than the opposition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Interesting. I played 4-1-3-2 from the start, and the first time I checked it (was during my second season) it was already correct.

I don't tweak the individual players' sliders much though. I wonder if tweaking them significantly somehow confuses the game when it is trying to figure out your favorite tactic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mine has the formation right - 4-1-2-1-2. Mentality is balanced, which is right enough, pressing and marking are off however. I seem to have an attacking coaching style, even though I tend to build my tactics on a strong defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It's seldom accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My actual preferred tactic is a 4-2-3-1, on my manager's profile it says it's 4-2-2-1-1 which is fairly close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.