[FM12] Taking Liechtenstein to the Top

Scarman

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good luck :D

Going great! Getting into second tier will change things, in that moment you'll reach serious football!

It will certainly be tough, but I'm looking forward to it simply because I will turn professional. Even if I did go back down the season after promotion, I would have sign my best players to long term pro deals so they can train longer and get better faster.

Great season so far. A few more goals and the 2nd half will be yours! :)

FC Ruggell 2022 Youth Intake

Youth Candidates Squad

Pretty average year, with only 3 notable players.

Maximilian Reichel - YP12 (Coach Report) - Rated with the ability to be a leading Super League left back in the future, definitely fills a position that lacks a bit of quality. Molded the way I like as well, seeing that my full backs act as wingers as well, so will see a fair bit of action in the first team squad.

Karl-Heinz Heinrichs - Has the ability to be a decent Superleague midfielder, and can act as a back up for the mean time. Should get a run in the first team sometime next season.

Sebastian Moritz - The worst of these three players, rated with the ability to be a leading striker in my current division. Could be a decent backup in the future though.

My candidates beat my youth team for a change, though it was thanks to the under 21 players in their team. The game finished 3-0.

FC Ruggell January - March Review

January 2022

january.png

No new years celebrations for our players, our first game of 2022 was played on New Years Day. Luckily, we celebrated with a win, Schneider getting a brace in the 2-1 win. This was followed by our first IAC game of the season, and it was a yawnfest against FC Contone. Only 5 shots at goal from both teams in 120 minutes, before we won the penalty shoot out. This was followed by 2 group games, first a 5-1 thrashing of Buochs, before defeating Lachlen/Altendorf 3-1. We couldn't continue this free scoring football though, as we drew 0-0 with Wiedikon, before finishing the month by taking out our group with a 3-0 win over Lyss.

February 2022

february.png

February turned out to be an eventful month, due to our IAC run. First off tough was a league game against Locarno, who we have struggled against in the past. This time though, we were unlucky to only win 1-0. We then played fellow league side Gossau in the IAC and won easily with a 2-0 win, before securing another 1-0 win over Breitenrain to march through to the semis. Here we met Rapperswil, and despite taking an early lead, we couldn't hold onto the lead as we lost in extra time 2-1. We were missing Schneider for this game though, so we weren't at our strongest. Still a good IAC campaign. Rapperswil ended up beating SV Schaffhausen in the final.

March 2022

march.png

We began the March a second home sellout in a row against Rapperswil, this one could decide 1st place. Instead of the great game that was promised, a cautious 0-0 draw was played out, and Rapperswil kept a 1 point advantage. They kept this advantage in their next game, beating Locarno 3-2 while we defeated fellow Liechtenstein club Balzers 2-1.

q3.png

It's pretty tight at the top. We've got a pretty good run in, playing Thalwil (A), Cham (H), Gossua (H), Sarnen (A), Chiasso (H), Ruthi (A). The tougest games are being played at home, so hopefully that can pull us over the line. Wasn't expecting to be this close to top this season, and i still don't think this is our season. Certainly sets a good platform for next season though if we stay down.

I've played another, so now the table reads -

------------------------------------------------------
| 1st | SV Schaffhausen | 29 | 17 | 7 | 5 | +31 | 58 |
| 2nd | FC Ruggell      | 29 | 16 |10 | 3 | +25 | 58 |
| 3rd | Rapperswil      | 29 | 15 |10 | 4 | +23 | 55 |
------------------------------------------------------

We play 9th placed Ruthi, while Schaffhausen play last placed Goldau and Rapperswil play 8th placed Chiasso. Locarno and Gossau both dropped out of the title race. Schaffhausen have an extremely easy game, especially at home, so unless if we can somehow overturn their goal difference in the next game, they will be playing in the Challenge League next season. Those darn draws cost us :p I can't see them dropping the points.

FC Ruggell April - May/End of Season Review

April 2022

april.png

We needed wins coming into this month, one point off top spot. It didn't start the way I wanted it to though, with a 1-1 draw to Thalwil. Rapperswil lost their game though, so we joined them at the top. We then over took them with a demolition of Cham, 4-0 the result there, before dropping off top spot with another disappointing draw, this time to Gossau. We couldn't show our dominance on the scoreboard. Ultimately, this draw in particular, seeing how well we played, would come to haunt us.

May 2022

may.png

We began the month with another 0-0 draw, this game being fairly even. Still disappointed we couldn't push through with a goal though, and take top spot. But we fell back on even points with SV Schaffhausen, and that's how it would stay for the rest of the season, despite taking apart Chiasso 3-0 and Ruthi 4-0.

q4league.png

If we couldn't have won just one of those draws, we would have been top of the league. Still, despite being cruel, it was a fantastic season, one I hope to improve on next season with top spot. We had the best defence again, with the next best letting in 12 more goals! Our attack sort of came together at the end of the season, and we showed some glimpses of brilliance throughout the season. If we can maintain that attack for a full season, we should come out on top of the league.

Squad | Club Info | Facilities | Finances | Transfers

Turns out 4 preseason leagues gives us enough money for 13 months of losses. With that in mind, we will slowly but surely gain money. Other than that, no real change to anything.

Youth Prospects

Lennart Jokubowski (YP3) - Another solid season the midfielder. Never really shined above anyone else, but remained consistent throughout the course of the season.

Arvid Keller (YP6) - Decent year, played at a good standard besides picking up our first red card of the season in April.

Sebastian Schneider (YP7) - Another great season, broke 100 goals for the club in only 146 games. Also already a club legend. I'm putting money down that if we ever get a new stadium, it will be called Schneider Stadium. Imagine if he's still playing for the club if that happens! Could of had 3 more goals, but missed all three penalties. If he had just scored the penalty against Bruhl back in August we would have finished top...

Florian Fehr (YP8) - A great year from the defensive midfielder, never put a foot wrong.

Jochen Lang (YP9) - Got our 2nd and final redd card of the season in May, but besides that had a great season. Didn't even get a yellow card, so besides a minor slip up, was extremely disciplined.

Kai Arndt (YP10) - A very solid season from the centre back.

Ernst Jung (YP11) - Improved out of sight this season, looks to have the quality to be able to stick with the club for a long while.

Maximilian Reichel (YP12) - Scored a goal, set up two and got a man of the match in his first 8 games ever for the club. Not a bad start, and will hopefully improve on that next season.

FIFA 2022 World Cup

Hosts - Qatar

Holders - Brazil

Group Stage

Group A - Columbia (7); Belgium (7); Egypt (3); Qatar (0)

Group B - Spain (9); Mexico (6); Chile (3); Serbia (0)

Group C - Czech Republic (6); Australia (6); Italy (3); South Africa (3)

Group D - France (7); Argentina (7); USA (3); UAE (0)

Group E - Germany (9); Costa Rica (4); Slovenia (2); Mali (1)

Group F - Wales (5); Uruguay (5); Portugal (5); Ivory Coast (0)

Group G - Brazil (9); Sweden (4); South Korea (3); Jamaica (1)

Group H - England (9); Denmark (6); Ghana (3); Saudi Arabia (0)

Second Round

Mexico 0 - 2 Columbia

Spain 0 - 2 Belgium

Czech Republic 0 - 1 Argentina

Australia 2 - 4 France

Germany 2 - 0 Uruguay

Wales 1 - 0 Costa Rica

Denmark p2-2 Brazil

England 1 - 2e Sweden

Quarter Final

Columbia 0 - 2 France

Belgium e1 - 0 Argentina

Germany 3 - 0 Sweden

Wales e3 - 2 Denmark

Semi Final

France p1 - 1 Wales

Belgium 1 - 0 Germany

Third Place Playoff

Germany 1 - 0 Wales

Final

France 0 - 1e Belgium

Golden Ball - Romelu Lukaka (Belgium)

Golden Shoe - Stefen Caton; 8 goals (Wales)

Best Goalkeeper - Marc-Andre ter Stegen (Germany)

Best Young Player - Jhojan Cedano (Columbia)

Not many notable absentees this year, however Netherlands and Japan are probably the biggest in their respective confederations. Belgium winning was a bit of a surprise, but they earned it, taking out Spain, Argentina, Germany and France and coming 30th in the world rankings to win it.

Will you ever be able to play in the Champions League from Swiss leagues with Liechtenstein's team?

I think I'd be able to, because the game only recognising Vaduz as a Liechtenstein team due to there being no Liechtenstein Cup. If not... well, I can still dominate Switzerland :D

So close to going up,very unlucky on just missing out.
Agonizingly close to promotion there. One goal differential of all things!

You're improving steadily next year will be your year!

Thanks guys! It was pretty gut wrenching, especially when I look back and see draws I should have won, but that FM I guess.

Scarman, can I ask you a question about the custom database you're using?:

I downloaded it and tried using it as the only custom database but this keeps on coming up: Sports Interactive/............./editor data/Suisse_Tier6_FM2012_alt2.dbc

Trophée André Abegglen - Too many Teams (12) requested from 3L Association cantonale vaudoise de football Gr.1 (11 Teams)

When it finally proceeds to the game setup screen it says there are aren't enough teams request from the Super League (Only 9 teams found, minimum of 10).

Have you encountered similar problems? What do I do?

letissierandhenryaregreat - Which database are you using? When I started the game I had to use the "Default" database, because the file wouldn't work with "12.2.0 Update" one. :)

deltablue - Thanks for the support, it'll be a tough season, but if we can cut out the draws a bit it should be possible.

letissierandhenryaregreat - Which database are you using? When I started the game I had to use the "Default" database, because the file wouldn't work with "12.2.0 Update" one. :)

deltablue - Thanks for the support, it'll be a tough season, but if we can cut out the draws a bit it should be possible.

Oh right I see, thanks for that. I was trying to use it with "12.2.0 Update".

FC Ruggell PreSeason/July - September Review

PreSeason

Fixtures

July 2022

q1league.png

It was a good start to the season, with 2 wins and a tight loss to Chiasso. The season began with an important win over title contenders Wiedikon, Schneider scoring the only goal in the 1-0 win. The next game was disappointing, losing late to Chiasso when we deserved the draw. The final game was another dominant performance over Liechtenstein club Balzers, 1-0 the result there to conclude a month of low scoring, tight games.

August 2022

august.png

As close to a perfect month as anything. An opening 2-0 win over grasshoppers U21 set the scene for the month, before taking out Drina Fiado in the cup 3-0. We then demolished Cham 4-1, conceding our only goal of the month, before Schneider scored a hat trick in our 4-0 win over YF Juventus. Another dominant win over Club Lusitano Gland in the cup, 3-0 the result there, before we defeated recently relegated Tuggen 2-0.

September 2022

september.png

We slipped up a bit this month, conceding a ton of goals. It started with a draw to Biaschesi, with them coming from behind twice for the 2-2 result. We picked ourselves up for a 3-2 win over FC Paradiso, though our defence was disappointing. Our conceding 2 goal trend continued in our 2-1 loss to Rapperswil, before regaining some form with a 4-0 win over Flawil in the cup. The month ended in disappointment with a 1-0 loss to title contenders Gossau.

july.png

We're close to the top, though last month was disappointing with the loss to Rapperswil and Gossau, along with the draw to winless Biaschesi. Our defence, despite the slip ups last month, has been good, and our attack has stepped up a notch this season. Hopefully we can continue like this and get into top spot. Schneider, as usual, has been brilliant, but I really need a second great striker to fire in the goals when he has an off game.

Thanks guys! Consistency has been the big issue this season, but I'm hoping we can pull off a late charge in the league!

FC Ruggell October - December Review

October 2022

october.png

We started off November brilliantly, destroying Thalwil 4-0, before Schneider scored 4 of his own in our 7-0 thrashing of Wettingen in the Cup. After that, October was a bit of a let down month, losing 2-0 to Locarno before dropping more home points to Bruhl in a game we dominated. After this game, we were 8 points of top spot, and I figured it wasn't going to be our year.

November 2022

november.png

Some of that hope was reinstated with a 3-0 win over Ruthi, bringing us back to 6 points, before we hosted Chiasso. A win would have been great for our promotion chances, but we could only manage a scoreless draw. We then marched on in the cup, defeating Delemont 3-1 in extra time, though they probably were the better team in regular time. The last game of the month was extremely poor, losing 4-2 to Wiedikon in a game our defence was complete shambles.

December 2022

december.png

We picked up some form in December with an undefeated month. First an away game against Balzers, where we thrashed them 4-0, before making it through to the quarter finals of the Cup for the first time in our history with a 1-0 win over Fribourg. We continued with a 2-1 win over Grasshoppers U21 which really should have been heavier, before finishing out the month with a 2-2 to Cham, which in my opinion we should have won.

q2lweague.png

Losing the games to Locarno and Wiedikon have really been disappointing, as have dropping the points against Bruhl, Chiasso and Cham, all games we had enough opportunities to win. Our Swiss Cup campaign could easily continue into the semis, with an achievable tie against another 3rd tier side in Yverdon. 10 games to go this season, and we still have a chance of promotion, but I don't think this is the season.

Liechtenstein 2022 Review

Senior

Manager | Fixtures | Qualifying Group | Rankings

Same old same old for Liechtenstein, only game they didn't lose was to Malta with a 1-1 draw. Sacked another manager this season, and didn't laugh off my job offer this s=time. Still didn't get the job, but it looks as though ither my rep is increasing or the nations is decreasing :D Hopefully they'll think I'm good enough when I get to the Challenge league.

U21

Manager | Fixtures | Qualifying Group

Start the year off poorly, but got some better results later in the year. Still nothing in qualification though.

U19

Manager | Fixtures | Qualifying Group

Not as good a year as previous years, and nothing from qualification. Hopefully something will come from the youth sides soon, even if it's just qualification again to another phase of qualification.

[center]Liechtenstein World Rankings

|Season | Points | Previous Rank | Current Rank | Difference |
|------------------------------------------------------------|
|Start  |   -    |       -       |     119      |     -      |
|2011   |  184   |      119      |     145      |   -26      |
|2012   |  103   |      145      |     185      |   -40      |
|2013   |  161   |      185      |     137      |   +48      |
|2014   |   72   |      137      |     187      |   -50      |
|2015   |   49   |      187      |     202      |   -15      |
|2016   |   66   |      202      |     197      |   +5       |
|2017   |   26   |      197      |     206      |   -9       |
|2018   |   15   |      206      |     208      |   -2       |
|2019   |   37   |      208      |     205      |   +3       |
|2020   |   15   |      205      |     208      |   -3       |
|2021   |   34   |      208      |     203      |   +5       |
|2022   |   27   |      203      |     204      |   -1       |
--------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

Your only 6 points way though, so anything is possible. And the relegation battle is looking good too!

Thanks! It is still close up there, but I think with us still battling in the Swiss Cup, plus the IAC still to come, that it will be too much for us this season. Not giving up yet though!

Still have hope! A lot can happen in 10 matches :)

A lot can, but we've been disappointing in the league.

FC Ruggell 2023 Youth Intake

youthintake.png

Absolutely rubbish intake. The best players were 2 goalkeepers, both of which have less ability and potential than my incumbent #1. Hopefully this is just a blip on the radar and not a sign of things to come. No one merits the title of Youth Prospect this season.

Fritz Breu

Heinz Muller

Nils Schmidt

My current youth side beat the candidates 2-0.

FC Ruggell January - March Review

January 2023

january.png

A very average month, where the only wins were against 4th tier sides. It started out well enough, with a 5-0 win over Terre-Sainte, before finding Chiasso a bit more of a challenge to break down, drawing 0-0. We then lost our composure as we slumped to a 3-0 defeat to Fribourg, before suffering another 0-0 draw with YF Juventus, in a game where we were missing 6 first team regulars through yellow card suspension (The carding rules in this league update are a bit dodgy, players only serve suspension in league matches, but cards from all Swiss competitions count, so it all tally's up around this time of the season). We finished the month as we started, another 5-0 win over a 4th tier side, this time Aadorf.

February 2023

february.png

Only one match this month due to our short IAC campaign, with a 1-1 draw to Tuggen the result. Bit of a disappointment, we really needed to start winning games.

March 2023

march.png

We began the month with our Swiss Cup quarter final, where we fought back from 1-0 down to beat 3rd tier Yverdon 2-1! We march into the semis, we a lucrative away tie against Zurich coming up, with the losing prize money 111k to add to the gate receipts (if we lose, of course). We then thrashed FC Paradiso 4-0, before suffering our 4th league draw in 5 games with a 0-0 draw to Rapperswil.

q3league.png

Draws have destroyed our promotion hopes again, with 4 draws in 5 games. Still mathematically possible, but I think we will be in the league for another season. Add this onto our terrible intake, it could be a few seasons before we get the players needed (Another striker, some good players for some backup). Looking forward to the Swiss Cup, if we somehow beat Zurich it would be amazing!

League Season-Meh

Cup-Great Job getting into the final!!

Thanks! It wasn't all meh though, I did have a strong end to the season and finished in 2nd :p

Really great job getting in the Cup Final. Go on and do the Giant Killing.

I can actually imagine you'll be doing the same thing if you beat Basel. Hell, I used to do the same thing when winning cup matches. :D

:D That's exactly how I was when I beat Zurich. Basel on the other hand were a different story, we were completely outclassed and lost 4-0! I think we only had 2 shots the entire game to their 18 or something.

FC Ruggell April - May/End of Season Review

April 2023

april.png

At the beginning of April, I knew there was next to no chance of my team finishing top. But, I didn't want them to go out without a fight! We first faced Biaschesi, where Schneider grabbed a brace as we ran out 3-0 victors, before falling into a regular trap of having a draw after a good game, 1-1 against Gossau. We then faced a team we usually struggle against in Locarno, but hopefully as a sign of things to come, we annihilated the, 4-0 the final score, before we faced a trip to Zurich for the Swiss Cup Semi Final. Somehow, we got a 2-0 lead, and from there, the game was fairly even as we held on for a 2-1 victory to make it through to the clubs first ever cup final!

May 2023

may.png

After coming off the high of beating Zurich, we continued our run of good form in the league, thrashing Thalwil 4-1 and Bruhl 4-2, before suddenly being in 2nd place with the final game still to play. It was more than i had hoped for after an indifferent season, and we kept the spot with a 2-1 win over Ruthi. Our final game of the year was the cup final, with 90 minutes standing between us and the Europa League! Unfortunately, Basel turned up to play, and there was nothing we could do as they played us off the pithc, eventually running out 4-0 winners. It was still a fantastic campaign, and because of our exploits we received the Best Team to the Swiss Cup award and a rather healthy rep boost.

q4league.png

We managed to grab second place for a second year running, and had the best defence (not as good as last season though) and equal best goal difference. If we can bring our defence back to last season and keep that attack, we will have a great shot at promotion. Last time we finished 2nd in consecutive seasons, we were promoted the following season. A good omen, perhaps?

Squad | Club Info | Facilities | Finances | Transfers

The money from the swiss cup meant that the board finally approved the plans and paid out the money for youth facilities! Now we will have our very own, and won't have to pay whatever the rent would have been. After that was paid for, the finances dropped to 200k, which was my goal for the season anyway with the leagues, so the cup money was brilliant.

Youth Prospects

Lennart Jokubowski (YP3) - Played a fair few games, but was forced out of the first team due to better young players stepping up.

Arvid Keller (YP6) - Had a good season on the flank, still is a bit stupid in challenges, getting 8 yellows and a red.

Sebasian Schneider (YP7) - Another brilliant season where he broke his own record of 36 goals in a season by scoring 38! Is also a bit stupid in challenges, giving away 7 yellows and a red, but because of his goalscoring exploits, I can forgive him.

Florian Fehr (YP8) - Stepped up from only just being an anchor man this season, and contributed 12 assists! He really is a brilliant player.

Jochen Lang (YP9) - Was less stupid this season and had a pretty good year, minus a form slump in January.

Kai Arndt (YP10) - Had a pretty rock solid year at the back, definitely a key player for the team.

Ernst Jung (YP11) - Keeps getting better and better! Manages to score screamers from outside the box and all in all, a great player for the team.

Maximilian Riechel (YP12) - Unfortunately spent a lot of the season nursing injuries, although most of that came in periods of only a few games. A few of my players have gone through this in the past, and hopefully it's just a first season thing and not a long term thing.

[center]FC Ruggell Season by Season

|Season    | Tier | Position |  Swiss Cup  | What Happened?     |
|---------------------------------------------------------------|
|2011/12   |  6th |   1st    |  1st Round  |  Promotion         |
|2012/13   |  5th |   1st    |  4th Round  |  Promotion         |
|2013/14   |  4th |   5th    |  4th Round  |  Nothing           |
|2014/15   |  4th |   7th    |  1st Round  |  Nothing           |
|2015/16   |  4th |   3rd    |  1st Round  |  Nothing           |
|2016/17   |  4th |   2nd    |  5th Round  |  Nothing           |
|2017/18   |  4th |   2nd    |  6th Round  |  Nothing           |
|2018/19   |  4th |   1st    |  1st Round  |  Promotion!!       |
|2019/20   |  3rd |   5th    |  5th Round  |  IAC Semis         |
|2020/21   |  3rd |   5th    |  4th Round  |  Consolidation     |
|2021/22   |  3rd |   2nd    |  5th Round  |  IAC Semis         |
|2022/23   |  3rd |   2nd    |  Runners Up |  Swiss Cup Finalist|
-----------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

Good Finish to the season, the Basel result aside.

I got inspired by this thread and have started a save in 3L with the same database. Different team though, but should be interesting.

Thanks! I knew it was going to be a tough game so I wasn't too surprised by the result. Good luck with your save, which team did you start with?

Very solid season!!!

Brilliant season overall,hopefully your right and third time will be the charm.
Definitely should be third time lucky.

I hope so as well guys :D

In a bit of depressing news, my save has become unbelievably slower for some reason (less responsive and such). Don't even have the faintest clue why, seeing I only have the Swiss leagues running and have never added new leagues to the save... Gonna keep going, but it has been frustrating to say the least.

Archived