One Day We'll Basque In Glory!

B.W.G

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JackJCFC - It is indeed,anything can happen with what I've seen in the league so unpredictability will always keep it entertaining.

cpfc543 - Thanks :D It would be good for our reputation and hopefully I won't be 5000-1 next season if I fail :lol:

Welcome to Club Deportivo's fourth Youth Candidate team and it looks like the increase in junior coaching as paid off.

CDVitoriaYouthCandidatesSquad_Players-3.png

The two stars are definitely Ignacio Romero and Miguel Angel Rodriguez.Rodolfo Bodipo is an interesting one as he is the first triple nationality in the team,Spanish-Basque-Equatorial Guniea!

Ignacio Romero

IgnacioRomeroOverview_Profile.png

Looking at the positions he can play,he looks to be very versatile,was the assistant manager's pick for the best,not hard to see why as his report says his potential can be a good Liga Adelante player!

Miguel Angel Rodriguez

MiguelngelRodrguezOverview_Profile.png

Probably has the longest name in the whole club so I might as well call him MAR for short!Walks in as the best AMR in the team but has low self-belief which I am not sure is a worry or not.I'm not sure how good he will become and neither does the Ass man as all it says his potential is to far exceed Edorta Aguirre's potential which isn't difficult as Aguirre is ranked at 1*!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 3 - March 2015

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-38.png

League Table

SegundaDivisinBGrupo3Overview_Stages-16.png

Manager's Thoughts

I think that is the first month I have ever won every game in the month,16 year old Iker Sola was on fire for us has he scored 6 goals in 5 games including vital goals against Mallorca "B" and Guijuelo.To top that off,we even took the scalp of Castilla who were regarded as one of the favourites by the media and to make it even better we completed a double over them.Also another high to the month was that we won two successive away victories,considering my away form has been nothing short of shocking,all I can say is that was brilliant.

Sitting in 3rd with 57 points after 31 games,I can already claim to have done better then last season and have already avoided relegation and the relegation playoff!The bad news however is that I have a lot of tough games ahead in the remaining seven fixtures.We still have to play Albacete,At.Baleares,Alcoyano and Castellon,that's four of the top eight so I need to get something from them to stand a chance of making the playoffs.

Coentrao - I thought the name rang a bell,thanks for confirming it for me,it is kind of scary that my Bodipo has the Equatorial Guinea just like the real one :eek: MAR does seem exciting,should be able to dominate our right wing for years to come.

deltablue - Thanks :D I certainly hope so!

I hope so,things are definitely exciting.

I played our first game in April against probably doomed Manacor,the starting eleven had ages of 15-28-16-16-15-19-18-16-16-18-16.We won 2-1 with goals from Goni and Sola!

Not really difficult for me,my original players were that bad that I was vastly over achieving with them.The only downside is that I seem to be suffering like the majority of Spain as there seem to be no real decent right backs coming through.

davidmcain -That may be a problem,not many players are near or above his level to be good enough to tutor him!

SRL88 - Thanks :D I'm not actually sure what to make of my playoff chances but we have two home games to finish the normal season so hopefully that plays a part.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 3 - April 2015

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-39.png

League Table

SegundaDivisinBGrupo3Overview_Stages-17.png

Manager's Thoughts

It's nail biting time,we continued our fantastic run as we won the games against Manacor (2-1) then beat then second placed At.Baleares (2-0) in which in both gamesmGoni and Sola were the goal scorers for us.Then a little blip begun as we drew with Gandia after having the better most of the game and even then it took a late equalizer to get a point.Again,we were the better team against Albacete but this time our finishing let us down,we drew against 1st the placed team which gave them the Segunda B3 title.The game against Castellon was one to forget as we were outplayed all over but that is my own fault as I was resting players for the last two games.

We've come into May sitting in 3rd placed,there are 4 points between 2nd and 5th but only the top four get the playoff places.My two games are against Alcoyano and Levante "B" and both are at home.Not only do I think this could give us an advantage but the fact that Alcorcon have to face At.Baleares in the last game of the season.If we do fail at least I can say I finished with more then 52 points as well as higher up then 9th!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 3 - May 2015

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-40.png

League Table

SegundaDivisinBGrupo3Overview_Stages-18.png

Manager's Thoughts

In the end,we didn't even have to rely on the Alcorcon-At.Baleares score as won both our games,the victory against Levante "B" was even more impressive as we had to play over 50 minutes of the game with 10 men as Unai Gurrutxaga was sent off!We dominated the game against Alcoyano but we could only score the one goal which was enough for us with Uranga scoring his second goal of the season!.We were drawn against Lugo who were in Segunda Division B1,in both games their finishing let them down badly as they did outplay us by quite a bit but better finishing won it for us in the second leg to claim a 2-0 aggregate victory.

Segunda B3 playoff hopefuls are down to us and the champs Albacete.We have been drawn against A.D. Ceuta who finished second in Segunda Division B4,this will be a very tough game as they are a team with previous Lige Adelante experience so we will need to be at our best and hopefully can finish them off in the first leg as we are at home.Another positive is that we avoided Barcelona "B" in the draw,poor Sant Andreu!

I cannot believe this just absolutely not,we drew the home leg 1-1 with Cadiz.The 2nd leg sees Cadiz basically self destruct!

CdizvVitoriaInformation_Overview.png

We've been promoted to Liga Adelante......think I need to sit down :eek:

Amazing achievement, congratulations! And those play-offs for the Segunda B are a nightmare, it's hard to get out of that division so you done great.

You probably get some TV Money on the Adelante that should help improving your recruitment/coaching and facilities.

Tactic Masrer - Thanks :D I hope it can continue but I have no idea what to expect!

Coentrao - Thanks :D I was finding it a nightmare for sure,I had no idea there were that many.With regards upgrading,we have had a triple success with training and youth facilities being upgraded as well as junior coaching (Now at Good junior coaching rating!) Youth recruitment however is still Limited.

buzz2k7 - Thanks :D Glad your enjoying it.

Tactic Master - I noticed that as well when I approached my board,I only had options to reduce it!Thanks :D

leovii - Thanks :D Glad you like it!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 3 - End of Season - 2014/15

2014/15 Transfers

To show that I am following the rules and not signing anyone.We had a massive cull as they were by far not good enough for the majority but players like Ugalde and Aguirre wanted £2.5k a week and I wasn't paying that as they were no longer the better players of the club so off they went.Four former first teamers who had racked up 531 appearances between them and a lot of youngsters.

Competitions

Segunda Division B Group 3

League Table - 1st Round Playoff - 2nd Round Playoff - 3rd Round Playoff

What a heroic performance from the boys,they smashed my hopes beating 9th place and 52 points as they came 3rd with 71 points.The highlight of the regular season was doing the double over Castilla which was pretty amazing for us considering they are Real Madrid's "B" team.We had a pretty rough December and January but from then on we were pretty much unstoppable as we only lost to Castellon between February and the end of the season.First up in the playoffs was Lugo,they played better in both legs but at the end of the day,if you don't finish your chances then it's own fault,this was the case as two goals in five minutes secured a 2-0 agg victory for us.The second playoff,we were up against Ceuta,a very even game saw us win the first leg 2-1 but the second leg saw us survive a onslaught from them for most of the match before we tied the match in the 4th minute if injury time which also was the tie winning goal.The 3rd Playoff saw us face Cadiz,we were at home for the first leg and Cadiz started very brightly and drew first blood but we came back into it and Angel Diez scored the equalizer,the second leg against saw Cadiz start brighter and drawing first blood again but they soon self-destructed when their keeper received a straight red.We would go on to be the better side in the game and claim a 4-1 victory which gave us a 5-2 agg victory and a unbelievable promotion to Liga Adelante.

Copa del Rey

First Round

My first ever tie in the Copa del Rey and that is followed with our first ever loss.We were dominated for the majority of the game but the statistics will show it was closer then it actually was.We lost 3-2 which is quite respectable so we scored two from three shots on target,hopefully we can perform better in future seasons but our team is still young so hopefully they can perform better with age.

Player,Stats and Awards

Best XI 14/15 - Overall Best XI

Carlos Goni

The youngster was the clubs top scorer hitting 23 goals in 44 appearances.His second season and he performed even better then the first,he was the top performer in the team as he averaged at 7.25 over 44 games as well as providing 6 assists.Goni will probably be the first C.D. Vitoria player to score 100 goals and is already up to 39 goals so just 61 more for the 18 year old.For his performances,he won Fans Player of the Year.

Angel Diez

The club captain topped the assist chart with 16 which set a new club record and to top it off he also scored 9 goals during the season.He is still only 19 years old and has become quite a player for the club,the only shocking thing is that he has not made the clubs Favoured Personnel list even though he has been really loyal to the club and has never made a noise about leaving either.Still very young and could probably have at least another 17-19 years with the club depending on when he decides to call it a day.

Special Mentions - Ricardo Santamaria and Ignacio Romero

These two deserve a special mention as there defensive heroics helped us at the end of the season and when these two played together,we only lost one out of fourteen games.These two players occupied DL and the left sided DC which is brilliant for us as they will be first teams for a very long time to come.Not completely sure on how good Santamaria will become but Romero has been regarded as a good Liga Adelante player in the future which is very good news for me.

Overview

What an absolutely fantastic season we just pulled off.All I was hoping was to better then a 9th placed finish and beat 52 points but to gain promotion,that was really unthinkable.I kept to one tactic,a 4-2-4 which all the players put in all their efforts to make it become a reality.Not sure whether to be happy or not as we may find ourselves a bit out classed but all I can hope is that we won't be too outclassed.We started off very well with what I thought but the second half of the season was just unbelievable as we suffered one defeat from the end of January to the playoff victory over Cadiz.

I think I will go out next season to try and enjoy participating in Liga Adelante but that will depend on the expectations from the board.We are no longer a obscure club as we have become a local club,progress is still progress no matter how small it is,our sponsorship deals end in 2016 so maybe being a local club now will help increase the funding we get from them.We've had a triple success at the end of the season as youth and training facilities are being upgraded whereas our junior coaching has also been increased which will be good for the long term.

Season        Division            League       Cup       Continental      Avg.Att              Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Tercera Div.Grp 4       2nd         N/A           N/A            418              Promoted!  
2012/13    Segunda Division B3     9th         N/A           N/A            646              Survival!
2013/14    Segunda Division B2     9th         N/A           N/A            712          Copa RFEF Runner Up
2014/15    Segunda Division B3     3rd        1st Rnd        N/A            827          Won Promotion Playoff!

Well done on achieving promotion. Those playoffs are a right pain in the arse, so you've done well to go up at your first attempt :thup:

Thanks :D I think it was a miracle we got up and also the fact we somehow avoided facing Barcelona "B" as they were the strongest team in the Segunda Division B.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - Pre-Season - 2015/16

Club Overview - Facilities - Board Overview - Expectations

Pre-Season Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-41.png

I arranged several fixtures against lower league sides who all play in the Tercera Divisions to boost morale for the upcoming season.This is my fifth season at the club and it is pretty amazing to see how far we have come as we used to struggle against teams like these.We scored 21 goals in 5 games so I hope that isn't all our goals for this season used up already!

The Team

Team Report - Tactics

Key Players

Jose Zubillaga - GK

He has put me in a very awkward position already,he is one of the youngest players at the club but is already better then all my other keepers.A 15 year old as my number one keeper,I'm not sure if this is a brave or stupid move on my behalf but I guess as they say the risk is worth the reward.Didn't perform too badly at the end of last season as he conceded 11 in 13 while keeping 5 clean sheets.What I have seen on him,he is very alert to through balls but his kicking does let him down at times.Hopefully first team experience and better facilities will help spur on his development.

Ricardo Santamaria - DC,DM

He is one of the players I must keep at all costs,he has the potential to be good....La Liga good!Last season was his first full season and he excelled at every opportunity,played 44 times,scored 3 and even managed 5 assists while averaging at 7.06.I will need him at his absolute best this season as I feel a strong defence will help secure a solid position in Liga Adelante and it will help relieve some of the pressure off me if he can do so.

Angel Diez - MC/AMC

Now 19 years old,the club captain and a player who has already racked up 140 appearances for the club since making his debut.He is one of the highest paid players at the club and he deserves every penny of it seeing as it won't hurt my budget too much.He has matured into an excellent footballer for the club,he had his best full season for us last season as he played 45 times,scored 9,topped the assist chart with 16 and averaged 7.02 for the season.Not sure what more he can do to get onto the favoured personnel list with the club but saying that I'm not on it either!

Carlos Goni - AMC/ST

Last seasons top scorer by quite the distance but towards the end of the season,he struck up a brilliant partnership with our other striker Iker Sola.Only 18 but already has scored 39 times in 93 appearances so he will be more then likely the first player to break the 50 goal barrier and the 100 goal barrier.He was the Fans Player of the Year last season and has already earned a place on the Favoured Personnel list.No one actually knows what his potential is as it is full but it all it says is that he has the potential to far exceed Solas Current ability.Well that shouldn't be too difficult as he is already better then Sola!

Overview

It's the same as every other pre-season,sort contracts out and play the pre-season fixtures.We let a lot of players go and for our first season in Liga Adelante sees us paying less then £20k p/w in wages while we have a wage budget of £28k so that isn't too bad but we are able to adjust it if need be.The board have been quite harsh with their expectations,they want us to avoid relegation,I feel it would have been a bit fairer to give me attempt to avoid it.We are predicted for 22nd and last with odds of 5000-1 to win the title and I can't say I am too surprised by that.The pre-season fixtures were more aimed at morale boosting and were teams of a similar stature to when I too over,I was expecting wins but not as big as some of those what happened.

My contract ends in 2019 so I have four years to secure a place in Liga Adelante and this may be a tough ask just survive the first two as having a young squad,the players are still developing but the squad we have look like they are capable of surviving even if it is in 18th place as the bottom four teams get relegated.The stature of C.D. Vitoria is also rising,we are no longer a Obscure Club,we are now considered as a Local Club.We will be playing at the 4,000 capacity Olaranbe stadium while we have seats installed in the San Martin in which I'd rather have had a new stadium with bigger capacity.We are allowed more coaches now so that may be necessary to help my players develop.Let the roller coaster season begin!

Its probably better that your stadiums being expanded. Hopefully the expansion capacity is high, so they when it tops out you get a huge stadium built. Ive seen new stadiums of 6,000 seats before which expand to 10,000. Then its 20 years wait between stadiums.

davidmcain - It's not being my expanded,they're just installing seats but that's my fault for not saying so!We are apparently planning a new stadium anyway but with a 20 year wait,this could slow me down a bit.I could probably live with a 10k stadium with room for expansion,we are ground sharing at a 4000 capacity ground and our first home attracted just over 2000 people!

JackCFC - Thanks :D Your not the only one who sees this being tough,think I'll feel the pressure this season!

buzz2k7 - Thanks :D

rancer890 - Cheers mate :D I've only played two games,from what I have seen,I don't think I could have had a harder challenge unless this was La Liga which thankfully is not.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - August - 2015

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-42.png

League Table

LigaAdelanteOverview_Stages.png

Manager's Thoughts

Only the lord himself will know how the hell I walked out of this month with 6 points out of 6!We were out played against Albacete which saw us run out 3-1 winners to get the league campaign off to a flyer.We were then away to Gimnastic who have been a solid feature in Liga Adelante,again we were out played but still came out with a 2-0 win to carry on the impressive start.I'm not sure how we have done so well but hopefully luck will stay on our sides this season.

Mystery of the month is us definitely claiming maximum points.Over the two games,we managed 11 shots(6 on target) while they opposition had 32 shots (9 on target) which clearly shows our finishing has been superior and that our defence has actually held out from a onslaught!No matter which way you look at it,it is six less points we need,just another 42 points to go to ensure survival!

Archived