Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Never thought I'd see the day that Swansea had a higer rating than Man Utd ;)

Yep, there's City in first, then Arsenal, Swansea, and us in fourth!

Hairless strikers has been a strength of Utd for years (cf. pre-transplant Rooney) - Gomes will come good for sure! Good luck with the new season at the Theatre of Dreams!

Aye there have been a few over the years. I hope Gomes will be another!

Gomes could be excellent.

Indeed. Hi record for Sao Paulo was excellent, and he's started fairly well with us, despite missing August.

Made some good signings,you should start moving up the league in no time.Gomes could be class for you,it doesn't matter if he has hair or not :D

Just like Jason Malpass - I like my bald strikers! :D

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - August/September 2022 - Manchester United

Premier League

plfixturesaugsep2022.png

pltableaugsep2022.png

Well six wins out of six equals an outandig start to my United era. As usual with my side we have been superb in defence - conceding just once so far. In attack we haven't been banging the goals in, though I would hope that means there is more to come. Our best performance so far was probably at Wet Brom, as e came from behind to win it late on - Gomes, on debut from the bench, grabbed the winner from the spot. Also a special mention to the Tottenham game, when Federico Macheda came from the bench to score a lovely goal - his first since returning to the club.

Next up is an away trip to Everton under the Goodison Park lights on a Monday night.

League Cup - 3rd Round

lcfixturesaugsep2022.png

Solid performance as the team was swapped around a bit. Veteran Jonny Evans put us ahead just after the break, before a swift counter saw Gareth Bale go clear to score in the corner.

In the next round we face Championship side Norwich, again at Old Trafford.

August/September 2022 Continued

Europa League

elfixturesaugsep2022.png

eltableaugsep2022.png

A great start to the Europa League group phase, especially for Gomes who has really hit his straps in this competition. Next up we face a double header against Lokomotiv Moscow, the first of which is in Russia.

Aha you ManU I see. Could be interesting. :brock:

I couldn't resist them when they came calling.

Awesome signing and brilliant start to the season hope you keep it up!

Thanks alot dude. :thup:

Poor start by Man City.

Well, it is Mancini, afterall.

Thomas Lewis' Career - October 2022 - Manchester United

Premier League

plfixturesoct2022.png

pltableoct2022.png

Another very good month, with the only dropped points coming in a tricky fixtures away at Swansea. Aside from that we had a good win at Everton, an excellent performance against Chelsea, where Scott Sinclair illustrated his quality despite his advancing years. And we rounded things off by thumping four past Crystal Palace, with Gomes turning in an excellent performance.

Next up is a trip to lowly Southampton.

League Cup - 4th Round

lcfixturesoct2022.png

Well fell behind early but came back strongly and lead 2-1 by the break. Federico Macheda got a third early in the second half, and the game was then safe. The quarter finals see us play anther home match, this time against Swanea.

October 2022 Continued

Europa League

elfixturesoct2022.png

eltableoct2022.png

An excellent performace in Russia see's us move a step closer to qualifying for the next round. Scott Sinclair was the man on form again, taking his tally to seven goals in nince appearances.

Thomas Lewis' Career - November 2022 - Manchester United

Premier League

plfixturesnov2022.png

pltablenov2022.png

Another cracking month, with three wins and an excellent draw at Arsenal. We weren't great at Southampton, but two goals from setpieces gave us the victory. Again we weren't great at home to Wolves, but an excellent strike from Bruno Pacheco gave us a win we just about deserved. The draw with Arsenal followed, and we just defended for our lives in a game which we really earned a point. We ended the month by putting three past Villa, though it maybe should have been five or six.

Heading into December we are three points clear, but have back-to-back games against Mancheter City (H), and Liverpool (A) this month. It could be a huge couple of games.

November 2022 Continued

Europa League

elfixturesnov2022.png

eltablenov2022.png

Another great win over Lokomotiv Moscow has all but sent us through to the next round. We need just a point from our final two games away to Rijeka and at home to Sociedad to ensure qualification and that we win the group.

Wow, big move to United tom. Lots of change since I last viewed this thread. Good luck!

Sounds to me like you need to be checking in more often. ;)

You like scoring 4 in Europe :p.

I merely tell the players to go out and express themselves.

Already dominant with the new club :) Looking good.

Well I wouldn't quite say dominant yet, but cheers. :thup:

Dominant performances so far,keep up the good work.

Thanks dude. :)

Wasn't expecting you to do a reverse Tevez-like switch. Good Luck, I guess

Well sometimes in life you have to take a chance when it comes. ;)

Thomas Lewis' Career - December 2022 - Manchester United

Premier League

plfixturesdec2022.png

pltabledec2022.png

A bit of a strange month really. For starters, for a December there were hardly any games! Secondly, we drew our sole home game, yet won our three away games. We opened up with an excellent win at Lancashire rivals Bolton, with Gareth Bale in cracking form in the AMR position. Next up was the Manchester derby. A huge game at anytime, but made even bugger with the presence, of, well, me after I left City for United over the summer. It was a fairly even game, so a draw was probably the correct result. Our other big rivals Liverpool

were our next fixture, and what a game it was for us. In the end we squeaked home 2-1 with a dramatic end to the game, but it was thoroughly deserved. We finished the month we a comfortable 3-0 win at Sheffield Wedesday, Gomes again bagging a brace.

League Cup - Quarter Final

lcfixturesdec2022.png

Superb performance against one of my former clubs. Fair enough I fielded a strong side, but Swansea are a very good side and to thump them in this fashion was quite spectacular.

In the semi's face Arsenal, with the first leg at the Emirates.

December 2022 Continued

Europa League

elfixturesdec2022.png

eltabledec2022.png

Two solid performances to round the group off, meaning we finished top of the group with six wins out of six. An outstanding group phase, especially seen as we never had our full strength side out.

In the next round we face Reggina

Just caught up on about the last 4 pages, congrats on the move to United! Gomes seems to be doing quite well I see :D

Alot has happened in four pages! :D

And yes Gomes is doing excellently now after a bit of a slow start. :thup:

Thomas Lewis' Career - January 2023 - Manchester United

Premier League

plfixturesjan2023.png

pltablejan2023.png

Another very good month for us, and our lead at the top of the table is now a healthy five points with us also having games in hand on the teams closest to us. Javier HEenandez finally got his first league goal of the season as we squeaked past Newcastle 1-0. This was followed by a very credible 0-0 draw at Tottenham - the may be struggling down in eighth place, but are still an excellent, fast side ging forward. We then thumped West Brom and West Ham at Old Trafford, with Gomes displaying great form. Also against West Ham new signing Victor David came from the bench to score one assist two - corking debut!

Next up up is a trip to Wigan.

FA Cup - 3rd And 4th Round

facfixturesjan2023.png

I'm aware the Palace game was played on December 31st, but it didn't feel right putting it in the December update.

We beat Crystal Palace comfortably in the 3rd round, with Javier Hernandez scoring his first goal since his hattrick against Leiria back in August! In 4th round we were drawn againt fierce rivals Liverpool. Much like the league game, we had the best of it throughout but couldn't score. They took the lead after 74mins, but we equalised 10mins later to force a replay.

Whoever wins will face either Ipswich or Hull in the next round.

January 2023 Continued

League Cup - Semi Final

lcfixturesjan2023.png

I'm into another League Cup final!! The game at the Emirates was excellent - all it lacked was a goal, but I could hardly complain about drawing 0-0 away at Arenal. In the second leg we came out flying in the first half, leading 3-0 after just 33mins. We let them back into it though, and with half an hour to go they had pulled it back to 3-2. We made the game and the tie safe though with an excellent counter attack late on.

In the final we face........................Manchester City.

Transfers

Just one deal of any kind this month, as I mentioned in the previous post, it was aplayer coming in.

Victor David

A good young player who wasn't getting any game time in Real Madrid's first team. Given his 4* potential, a fee of £5million, (plus 20% profit of next sale), could prove to be a very sound investment.

Another trip to Wembley for the Tom Lewis Cup :p.

Yet to lose a final in that competition yet.......

Tasty clash in prospect.

Lets hope Jason Malpass gets injured before hand!

Who said it'd be a tough job revivng United? :lol: You sir are almost too good for this game. Good luck in the cup final, I'm predicting an unbeaten league campaign too ;)

Well I can't really understand there problems before - they had some great players in the squad already.

And thank you for the other comments, I am not worthy of such words! :p

Archived