Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

200px-Manchester_City.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - December 2021 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesdec2021.png

pltabledec2021.png

What an excellent month; six wins from six, fifteen goals scored, and just two conceded. We opened up with a tricky game at Villa, which we won very late thanks to Mr.Reliable. We follwed that up by crushing Fulham and then comfortably beating Watford. Over Christmas the schedule went crazy, but using the squad to its fullest, with came away with three wins, and some top performances from my old Swansea boys.

Super month, and our lead at the top was stretched to eight points.

League Cup - Quarter Finals

lcfixturesdec2021.png

Comfortable win, which saw Neymar finally end his goal drought which went back all the way to August! Our opponents in the semi finals..........Manchester United.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

December 2021 Continued

Champions League

clfixturesdec2021.png

cltabledec2021.png

A good result, but I was a touch diappinted to concede an equalier so late in the day. Still, an excellent group phase from us. In the next round we have been drawn against CSKA Moscow, dodging a few potentially tricky sides.

Halfway through the season and unbeaten. Good job :thup:.

Also, a nice bit of luck in the Champions League draw. Avoiding the likes of PSG and Napoli always results in a good draw.

Good job winning the group.

Thanking you. :)

NIce job winning the group. CSKA Moscow would be handled well by you too.

Cheers. I agree, it should be relatively comfortable.

Turning down 486m? Respect! They should hand you a nice pay-rise! Unbeatable start to the season - really looks like you could do a clean sweep this season... Should have no troubles with CSKA

Well I'm not bothered abot a payrise, just want the glory. ;)

Good to see Swansea make it through the group stages - CSKA shouldn't cause you any problems

The Swans are propersing under Quique Flores - they're well in the mix to finish in the tp four again this term.

Great work! You could always go to another club and buy Malpass!

My only worry is that he would cost an absolute fortune.

Halfway through the season and unbeaten. Good job :thup:.

Also, a nice bit of luck in the Champions League draw. Avoiding the likes of PSG and Napoli always results in a good draw.

Thaks dude. And yeah I quite agree, PSG especially would have been a bit of a worry.

Good work to win the group and go unbeaten. You've got a strong lead in the league too, clearly the right choice to turn down Real.

I quite agree, not at all the right time to move just yet.

Thomas Lewis' Career - January 2022 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesjan2022.png

pltablejan2022.png

Not a bad month, but the defeat against Spurs could prove costly come the end of the season. Prior to that we put in a very good performance against Wolves, but against Spurs they simply matched us and got a bit of fortune when Mauro Vasquez bundled in an own goal. We bounced back though with a comfortable win at Hudderfield, before tearing Everton to pieces.

Next us is West Brom away from home.

FA Cup - 3rd And 4th Rounds

facfixturesjan2022.png

The Stockport game was hugely frutrating. We took the lead in the 9th minute, but then it took us until the 80th minute to grab the second. An annoying performance to say the least. The draw for the fourth round was massive, and the game didn't disappoint. We dominated possession, they had more chances - all in all a draw was the correct result, and nw we look forward to the repla at the Eithad.

January 2022 Continued

League Cup - Semi Final

lcfixturesjan2022.png

Not good enough in either leg. We now have to beat them in the FA Cup replay to resore pride across the city and keep our neighbours quiet.

Transfer Activity

Just one deal of any kind this winter, and it was a signing of a youngster from Germany;

Dirk Leschinski

Offered to me by his agent, he had become unhappy at Leverkusen and was available for just £1.8million. He's another very good young CB to add to the collection. He has just recently turned 19 and already looks decent and his 3* potential means he has a fair bit f improving to do yet.

Tough going against Utd, and Spurs has actually out-scored you...! CL is going smoothly though.

Imagine how much glory you could buy for 486m! Fully supportive of rejecting RM though, you need to complete the project at Man City before moving on

Awww man. Great work other than that game though!

Was hoping to go the league season unbeaten. :(

Tough going against Utd, and Spurs has actually out-scored you...! CL is going smoothly though.

Imagine how much glory you could buy for 486m! Fully supportive of rejecting RM though, you need to complete the project at Man City before moving on

I usually get out scored by two or three teams to be honest. I always make it a priority to be good at the back.

As for Real, then money never came into it, just like it didn't with City.

Tough luck against Man United, its only the league cup though, you've got bigger fish to fry.

While that is true, it is still a bit disappointing - this will be my first club season since my year at Boston in which i haven't won the League Cup. :(

Doing very well in the league and looking good in Europe.Shame about the exit to Utd in the league but hope you beat them in the replay in the FA Cup.

Revenge must be ours after the poor showing in the League Cup. :mad:

Unlucky on not making the final of the Thomas Lewis Cup ;-)

If I'm at City next term I will make sure we win it!

Great career so far, didn't take too long rising to the top of the English leagues! :thup:

How long do you see yourself staying with City, and in England as well?

Thanks alot. I can't blieve how it's gone to be honest. Way back when I was Boston manager I was amazed to be offered the job at Swansea! I thank them for where I am now.

With City I just want to get the European Cup won. After that I'm sure where I'm going to head or what I want to do. As I have said already, there is the tempatation to stay at Cit because of Jason Malpass though. :(

Great career you have here Tom, quick question though as I am interested in making a journeyman save, how long did it take you to get n 2021?

Thanks alot dude. :thup:

It has taken me a while - I started the save back in mid January! I suppose though it would depend on how you play the game. I personally take alot of time over training, and do most of the press conferences myself, etc. Whereas some people aren't that fussed about training, and send their assistant to do the press conferences/never reply to media stories.

Thanks alot dude. :thup:

It has taken me a while - I started the save back in mid January! I suppose though it would depend on how you play the game. I personally take alot of time over training, and do most of the press conferences myself, etc. Whereas some people aren't that fussed about training, and send their assistant to do the press conferences/never reply to media stories.

I'd won't to do it all myself like I usually do so by the sounds of it I would never get as far as you lol, Looking forward to your next update keep up the good work :)

I'd won't to do it all myself like I usually do so by the sounds of it I would never get as far as you lol, Looking forward to your next update keep up the good work :)

It depends whether you feel you can stick it out or not. I mean there were times early on when I couldn't be bothered - like when I was unemployed for a few months after leaving Seoul, it was getting really frustrating.

But after I joined Boston after the short stint with Bristol Rovers, I was hooked, and from then on and I've never looked back.

Thomas Lewis' Career - February 2022 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesfeb2022.png

pltablefeb2022.png

An excellent month for us, with two good away wins and two important wins at home. We opened the month away at Andre Villas-Boas Wet Brom side, and scored a comfortable 2-0 win, Neymar getting a rare goal this term. A Lancashire derby followed against Bolton, and a tight game was won thanks Jason Malpass who scored on the hour mark. Chelsea then came to the Etihad and we put them to sword, racing to a 3-0 lead before halftime. Chelsea pulled one back late on, but the result was never in doubt. Our last league game of the month was a hard fought victory over former club Swansea, Malpass again getting the crucial strike.

With four wins from four, I was awarded the Manager Of The Month for February, my third monthly award of the campaign.

FA Cup 4th Round Replay And 5th Round

facfixturesfeb2022.png

Super performance in the replay against United. We bossed possession, and even though at one point they equalised to make it 1-1, we never really looked in trouble. We frustrated them keeping the ball in the second period, meaning they recieved five bookings and a red card as we aw the game out comfortably. Swansea weren't at their best in the next round, and we cmfortably beat them 2-0.

In the quarter finals we face either Arsenal or Blackpool at the Etihad.

February 2022 Continued

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round, 1st Leg

clfixturesfeb2022.png

An excellent win in Moscow, making us strong favourites to go through with the return leg to come at the Etihad. Necati Yildiz put in another good performance in the CL yet again.

Two excellent results in the FA Cup over two big sides (feels weird saying that about Swansea :D).

Swansea are a massive club...............nothing to do with me of course. ;)

Malpass is really firing, I can see why you might have grown attached to him! Good win to get back at ManU (it pains me to say) - and excellent performance against CSKA

Thanks alot. :thup:

Thomas Lewis' Career - March 2022 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesmar2022.png

pltablemar2022.png

Because of Arsenal and Blackpool having their FA Cup replay postponed twice because of a waterlogged pitch, our league fixtures were thrown into chaos. Only two league games were possible this month, both of them were wins thanks to Necati Yildiz scoring all of our goals in a 1-0 and 3-0 win.

At the start of April we face Liverpool, the start of a gruellng schedule until the end of the season.

FA Cup - Quarter Final

facfixturesmar2022.png

Disappointing to say the least. We twice took the lead and surrendered it almost immediately. Also we weren't that effective when it came to creating chances, hence us having to reply on two set piece goals from a center back.

If we get through the replay, we will face Chelsea in the semi final.

March 2022 Continued

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round, 2nd Leg

and Quarter Final, 1st Leg

clfixturesmar2022.png

We put in a solid performance to finish CSKA Moscow off in the round of last sixteen, completing a 3-0 aggregate win. The draw for the quarters was relatively kind, though not at all easy. We grinded out another 1-0 away leg win, this time thanks to Jason Malpass, to put us in control ahead of the second leg.

Thanks alot. I can't blieve how it's gone to be honest. Way back when I was Boston manager I was amazed to be offered the job at Swansea! I thank them for where I am now.

With City I just want to get the European Cup won. After that I'm sure where I'm going to head or what I want to do. As I have said already, there is the tempatation to stay at Cit because of Jason Malpass though. :(

I meant to say to you about Malpass, don't know how I forgot!

It seems like you're very attached to him, understandably so and I'd say your next club would have to be mega rich if you were to buy him!

I meant to say to you about Malpass, don't know how I forgot!

It seems like you're very attached to him, understandably so and I'd say your next club would have to be mega rich if you were to buy him!

Exactly, hence why at the moment I would be a touch reluctant to leave.

But of course I'm attatched to him - he practically won me the World Cup on his own! :D

Thomas Lewis' Career - April 2022 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesapr2022.png

pltableapr2022.png

Well the month didn't start well, as we suffered just our second league defeat of the season away to Liverpool. However, we bounced back in style by thrashing Aston Villa 6-0, with Jason Malpass in great form. After that we had a weird little run, starting with the game at Fulham which wame just two days after a Champions Leagu game. With a much changed team a draw was a good result. Just another two days past before played Wigan, and the 2-1 scoreline shows it was close, but it was anything but as we had more than 70% of the possession! We rounded off the month with a 1-0 win at Watford, meaning we need just a point from our last four games to secure the title.

Our next game is at home to Ipswich, and I would expect us to wrap up the title then.

FA Cup - Qtr Final Replay and Semi Final

facfixturesapr2022.png

What a mamouth game against Arsenal! The game went this way and that, yet somehow no goals were scored over 120 minutes! The shootout was torturous; 13 penalties each, sme missed, smoe saved, others flying in off the post. Jason Malpass, who had missed his first attempt, scored his second, before Joe Hart saved to send us through to the semi final.

We met Chelsea in the semi, the team who knocked us out at the same stage last season. We took the lead just before the hour, but they hit back straight away. Vincent Kompany hit a screamer to put us back ahead, before Malpass scored a goal on the counter late on.

In the final we face West Brom.

April 2022 Continued

Champions League - Quarter Final 2nd Leg

And Semi Final 1st and 2nd Leg

clfixturesapr2022.png

Well, we got through the Marseille game in most unconvincing style. They were excellent in the second leg and probably deserved to go through. The semi saw u face Real Madrid, and in the first leg we played very well, or more precisely we defended excellently and broke away three times, twice winning penalties which Jason Malpass converted. In the second we just defended deep in a bid t contain them, and actually it worked, (some tactical analysis here if you want to see). They did however take the lead just before the break, but we broke clear with 15mins to go and Jason Malpass rounded off a good move to send us through 4-1 on aggregate.

For those of you who have followed my career, you will understand why the draw for the Champions League Final is a bit weird.

Finally got City into the Champions League Final. That will be a bit weird indeed.

Everything all but wrapped up in the league and you should put WBA away in the FA Cup Final.

League is pretty much over, favourites for the FA Cup final and into the final of the Champions League - the makings of a great season! Bound to have mixed feelings about playing Swansea though - odds on Malpass scoring the winner? ;)

Good luck for the next month! :thup:

Finally got City into the Champions League Final. That will be a bit weird indeed.

Everything all but wrapped up in the league and you should put WBA away in the FA Cup Final.

Finally? It's only our third season in the Champions League during my management!

And yes we should beat West Brom, but they have done pretty well since Villas-Boas took over earlier in the campaign.

Archived