Mr Hough Rolls Back The Years FM12

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currently testing an updated version, No problems at home seems to be not as good away from home and i'm also gonna have to tweak defensive free kicks because i am conceding a few through them.

I'll keep you's all updated.

great news dave

im using a flat 433 , with most of the player roles robbed from your first roles back the years

im mid season (clan play ) with scunthorpe , with by far the weakest team in the championship i WAS in the playoff positions start of march , all of a sudden first game session on new patch all thou im playing the same on creating still , im conceding

3-1 and 3-0 has turned to 3-3 and 3-4

game night tonight , so im playing about with it now - currently trying the tackle aggresivness - changing it from hard to easy

my defenders are still tight , and in there faces closing down but the attackers seem to ride the challenge or spin you very easy now

perhaps easy tackling will make the defender bide there time for the right opportunity

I use akash777 (big thanks) tweaked wersion on new patch, results - Leeds United :

First season :

2012_03_12_182323.png

Second season after 10 rounds :

2012_03_12_182406.png

2012_03_12_182545.png

2012_03_12_183152.png

Match prep. Attacking Movement... (first season always). I was losing too many goals, from the red line changed match prep. to Defensive Positioning and excellent results!

Mr Hough your new tactic is very good, but I have a huge problem with solid defensive setpieces.

did you try my tweaked version?i was having too but i tweaked the set pieces,from your 3 miss n 2 fbs,make sure the better in air(with better marking) have man mark,smaller two have mark smaller.and put one of them on marking one post.one of the side strikers on mark post,and central striker on forward and another side striker on mark edge of area.havent conceded in 50 from set pieces,before i had 11 in 30.Cheers,and my tweaked version has been changed defensively,would love to see you give it a shot sand see if you feel defence is slightly better.

I use akash777 (big thanks) tweaked wersion on new patch, results - Leeds United :

First season :

2012_03_12_182323.png

Second season after 10 rounds :

2012_03_12_182406.png

2012_03_12_182545.png

2012_03_12_183152.png

Match prep. Attacking Movement... (first season always). I was losing too many goals, from the red line changed match prep. to Defensive Positioning and excellent results!

yes i have seen that too,setting it on defensive positioning seems to do the trick.Glad to see I could help.YES I mentioned on the new patch since i shifted to defensive positioning,I hardly conceded.Glad to see its working for you too.

Currently testing an updated version, No problems at home seems to be not as good away from home and i'm also gonna have to tweak defensive free kicks because i am conceding a few through them.

I'll keep you's all updated.

looking forward to it mate,do you conceded from the defensive free kicks on the far post? then i might have a remedy for that.its because we only have 4 on man mark,and others on form wall,having more on man mark and even one on mark the posts seems to do the trick.I was conceding too,so I changed that.Maybe you could try that.Just and advice,hope you don't mind.

I have found that with the update 12.2.0 i am getting an awful lot of draws "BIG" draws 4-4 3-3 etc, i have also found that i am getting a lot of injuries to my front men which is a bit of a burden considering you need 3 forwards.

i have reverted back to the 1 striker formation that Mr Hough updated a while ago as it seems to be more stable at the moment untill MR Hough gives us an updated version.

oh and just so you know I'm managing Blyth Spartans and i went from Blue Square North to the premier league every season finished 6th in my first season and won the league cup, having changed formations to the new 3 striker formation i am 12th in the premier league after 7 games hence why i have reverted back until i know it's ok with 12.2.0.

which one striker formation?

which one striker formation?

i think he meant the muff version of the tactic.and if you are having problems with defence you could try mine with defensive positioning on.seems to be doing the trick on this patch.

i think he meant the muff version of the tactic.and if you are having problems with defence you could try mine with defensive positioning on.seems to be doing the trick on this patch.

Will try yours with my chelsea team now mate - im guessing all the tweaks, defensive set piece settings are all in this? Whats the link mate?

Cheers

Tactic has brought me success, I've taken Luton from the conference to the championship in 5 seasons but defensively I really struggle. I'm currently 8th halfway through my first season in the championship.

I concede lots of goals both pre and post patch. The only players in my team who are able to average over 7 during the course of a season are the three strikers. Also seems to hammer the stamina of the team, particularly the fullbacks, DM and CMs.

Can't complain since I'm doing well having spent very little money. Thanks Mr Hough, you've (along with SI) brought me many hours of enjoyment.

Tactic has brought me success, I've taken Luton from the conference to the championship in 5 seasons but defensively I really struggle. I'm currently 8th halfway through my first season in the championship.

I concede lots of goals both pre and post patch. The only players in my team who are able to average over 7 during the course of a season are the three strikers. Also seems to hammer the stamina of the team, particularly the fullbacks, DM and CMs.

Can't complain since I'm doing well having spent very little money. Thanks Mr Hough, you've (along with SI) brought me many hours of enjoyment.

You could try my defensive and set piece tweaked version if you are having problems with defence.Put your team on defensive positioning till they are gelled onto the tactic though.Till then use very high teamwork.look above for the link.

akash777, ur tactics is very good. I tried maybe 10 different ones, from chinese, brazilian and UK sites. Your one can be gel up quickest and deliver results as soon as it can. Beated Madrid 3-2 in spain.

Defensively quite ok, but sometimes ManU or Spurs break the offside trap and score a few....I tried to turn off the offside trap but then it makes the tactics overall defensively weaker against all teams....

You could try my defensive and set piece tweaked version if you are having problems with defence.Put your team on defensive positioning till they are gelled onto the tactic though.Till then use very high teamwork.look above for the link.

Thanks, I've been trying your tweaked version but I still have the same problems defensively. :(

akash777, ur tactics is very good. I tried maybe 10 different ones, from chinese, brazilian and UK sites. Your one can be gel up quickest and deliver results as soon as it can. Beated Madrid 3-2 in spain.

Defensively quite ok, but sometimes ManU or Spurs break the offside trap and score a few....I tried to turn off the offside trap but then it makes the tactics overall defensively weaker against all teams....

against united put man marking tight on the defenders.And against spurs,if they are playing one striker try that on the slower of the two defenders.That should help.It's weird that you are conceding so much.If its just the OT,then put them on man mark,helps.If its Setpieces,make sure you have the right players for the right roles in defensive set pieces.Taller n Better markers marking men,shorter and better markers marking short men and worst markers on the posts.And,sometimes against big teams that play direct,man marking tight on the central defenders helps.Try the suggestions and let me know how you go.Weird you guys are having trouble with defence,because everyone seems to be having better defensive performance with this.

Thanks, I've been trying your tweaked version but I still have the same problems defensively. :(

how long did you play with it for?was the team gelled?did you put on defensive positioning?THAT is a MUST post patch.

It should not give such problems defensively.Actually my defenders and those reported by others have extremely good ratings with even a fair few assists from the fullbacks.One thing I would like to point out is,Play the most fit team,even if it means having to rest first teamers from time to time.And give the players rest the day after a match.I always do,and my players seem to be fit most of the time.Also,did you see any particular pattern for the teams you concede against?for example 1 striker formations?or something?What about the types of goals?through balls over the top or what?details would be helpful so that I could see if it is also happening to others and use the information to tweak it further.

Thinking of starting a FM career when the updated tactics are online. Played 2010 with Mr Hough's tactics and I (they?) ruled. I managed Dresden and made it the richest and best team in the world. Sadly the game crashed somewhere around 2023 (playing time more than a month or so) and I couldn't continue but that's FM. To put it shortly: Mr Hough is the way to go!

I have tested with 1 team now, Middlesbrough too easy, I even beat Chelsea in the cup i had like 20+ shots to there 7 or something like that.

Testing with Tottenham now and i'll get some Screens up tomorrow.

It sounds promising, i am looking forward to seeing the screens.

after a week of tweeking ....

centre backs definalty work better on lower closing down

also , something im working on now is changing how the forwards work

i have got the centre striker set up as a defensive forward , so he drops into the holes to create - so when i dont have the ball or my defenders have the ball im almost playing a 4312 ...if the opp defence is man marking it pulls there defenders out , the stl and st r i have set as cut inside

this is resulting in most of my goals coming from the 2 wide strikers and the centre striker having alot of assist

If it helps Venatio - Mr Hough posts on FM Base too and a tweaked version has been posted on there which seems useful. I'm not sure if Akash (on this thread) also posts there with a different name? In any case - two users have added some defensive tweaks and other small changes. I seem to find using just one version gets a bit stale and changing it seems to freshen things up a little. So could be worth a go?

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/90781-mr-hough-rolls-back-years-fm12-32.html#post1465237

The few pages before this give more info as to what has been amended.

Best wishes

yes,i have the weird name of sum thin in fmbase.made it long back and never thought I would post so put in a random name :O

it seems to be going really well for people there,w4nker n my version.

hopefully you will find it going as well though.

just a word though,if you are using just my version,put on use target man and make tight marking=yes on central striker.

this usually results in more goals for me.

Glad it's working for you. I've gone rogue and have tried to build my own tactic for the new season. I really want to get a winger tactic working in my game. However, I shall likely be returning to this tactic after 7 games when I am bottom of the league! Keep up the good work with Luton!

Tried Hough's 4-1-2-3 with worst team available in FM 2012 (portuguese Moura form the 2nd division). The wage budget there is already exceeded at start of the game, so there's no possibility in signinng any new players . Ended first 10 games with 4 points and regelation zone. What's strange i had an awsome results in friedly games had 6 wins, 1 draw and 1 loose. And clubs with similar reputation were beaten with results like 6-0, 9-0. After first 10 games chose other Hough's tactics - 4-1-1-2-2. With this tactics team at least started to gain more points. But still i relegated anyway. By the way, with this tactics team concedes lot of goals, much more than any other club in the league.

Well, as you can see, tactics is not a panacea.

Just hit 700 games using the original (though slightly tweaked) tactic , In charge of Cardiff City, Wales and Argentina.

PL 702 W 572 D 70 L 60 GF 2,316 GA 525

Needless to say, it's been very successful

Archived