Mr Hough Rolls Back The Years FM12

right here is my feedback, i love it because i love all ur 4-1-2-3 tactics <3 the only thing i can say bad about it is it being rly wide hurts my defence and it has a fair few long shots in some games. but i dont have a great team because im only in my first year of the prem! i like the attacking but im mostly under the cosh and again id say thats because of my team. IM SURE IT WILL BE GREAT ONCE I GET THINGS GOING WITH THE TEAM!

here is my results.

resultsl.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow mr hough this is my first game away at arsenal thought i was gnna get battered when i went 1-0 down!! but then somehow this happened!!!!! wanted to upload the pic but cant says undefined dunno what that is well it ended 6-2!!!!! 8-1 to me on ccc's signed no1 default squad, also zamora has scored 16 in 6 in all comps in middle st position.

big thanks 4 the tactic will report bak with the results at the half of the season.

right here is my feedback, i love it because i love all ur 4-1-2-3 tactics <3 the only thing i can say bad about it is it being rly wide hurts my defence and it has a fair few long shots in some games. but i dont have a great team because im only in my first year of the prem! i like the attacking but im mostly under the cosh and again id say thats because of my team. IM SURE IT WILL BE GREAT ONCE I GET THINGS GOING WITH THE TEAM!

here is my results.

resultsl.jpg

It's always gonna be hard on the first season after a promotion, I would suggest sticking with it and playing through the season as fast as possible. Next season purchase some defenders and midfielders and see where you are then.

hey dave , can i see a screenshot of Jordan Rhodes from your huddersfield save , or if not can you tell me how well he did for you ?

im inspired to start with hudders after watching there game this morning ;) with this tactic :)

"However if you have the 'Right' Players i can see it becoming great once it gets going"

Can we use the filter from 4-1-2-2-1 tactic?

"I have set up Player Filters for you to download (Mr Hough Boots To Asses FM12)"

hey dave , can i see a screenshot of Jordan Rhodes from your huddersfield save , or if not can you tell me how well he did for you ?

im inspired to start with hudders after watching there game this morning with this tactic

Here is some Screenshots from my Huddersfield save.

Rhodes.jpg

TeamSetUpInTactic.jpg

Transfers.jpg

Ward.jpg

It's fairly easy with Huddersfield to be honest, As you can see i have made a few signings manily in defence as you will find Huddersfields defence is rather slow, Retrain Ward and Mcdermott as Strikers.

I wouldn't make too many signings though as Promotion will be easy and you will wanna save your Funds for the Championship where things will be harder so Concentrate on Free Signings as there is alot of talent out there.

Best of luck.

"However if you have the 'Right' Players i can see it becoming great once it gets going"

Can we use the filter from 4-1-2-2-1 tactic?

"I have set up Player Filters for you to download (Mr Hough Boots To Asses FM12)"

You could use some Like the Keeper Defenders and Midfielders but i'll set up some fresh ones for the Strikers.

I have found that it is important not to pick your team on the day of the game but the day before (at the latest) this way that 11 players gets the benefit of the Match Prep.

Just downloaded the new tactic and to my horror found I have players that don't fit to this new formation in my third season with Aston Villa.......Eden Hazard AML/AMC, Marc Albrighton AMR, Charles N'Zogbia AML/R.

Will I need to sell and buy more central players and strikers or convert Hazard to centre mid ? Already have Arturo Vidal Jeremy Toulalan.

My team :

G/k Marc Andre-Ter Stegen, Shay Given.

DR Kyle Walker, Alan Hutton.

DL Gabriel Heinze, Ciaran Clark, Christian Fuchs.

DC Ryan Shawcross, Christopher Samba, Richard Dunne.

DM Arturo Vidal, Jeremy Toulalan, Makoun, Petrov.

MC Darron Gibson, Fabian Delph, Bannan.

AML & AMR N'Zogbia, Albrighton, Agbonlahor (ST also)

AMC Hazard

ST Bent, Delfouneso, Helmes (loan) & regen.

Any offers on how to play and whom to sell & buy ? Got 25M to spend.

Cheers for working hard Mr Hough on the new tactic through the Xmas period.

I have found that it is important not to pick your team on the day of the game but the day before (at the latest) this way that 11 players gets the benefit of the Match Prep.

I'm not sure if it works like that - I think they just work on it regardless if you have picked your team or not.

Just downloaded the new tactic and to my horror found I have players that don't fit to this new formation in my third season with Aston Villa.......Eden Hazard AML/AMC, Marc Albrighton AMR, Charles N'Zogbia AML/R.

Will I need to sell and buy more central players and strikers or convert Hazard to centre mid ? Already have Arturo Vidal Jeremy Toulalan.

My team :

G/k Marc Andre-Ter Stegen, Shay Given.

DR Kyle Walker, Alan Hutton.

DL Gabriel Heinze, Ciaran Clark, Christian Fuchs.

DC Ryan Shawcross, Christopher Samba, Richard Dunne.

DM Arturo Vidal, Jeremy Toulalan, Makoun, Petrov.

MC Darron Gibson, Fabian Delph, Bannan.

AML & AMR N'Zogbia, Albrighton, Agbonlahor (ST also)

AMC Hazard

ST Bent, Delfouneso, Helmes (loan) & regen.

Any offers on how to play and whom to sell & buy ? Got 25M to spend.

Cheers for working hard Mr Hough on the new tactic through the Xmas period.

I'd sell your AMR/AML unless they are very good attacking, If they are good at attacking then retrain them to ST and play them in the outer ST positions.

I'd look into a New LB aswell, Pace is needed in this position and with Heinze he seriously lacks it.

I'd try and get a couple of new ST's aswell.

mr.hough youve shown me, that its still possible to create an awesome tactic in this years fm. you were always an inspiration for me, I had given up on fm 12.1.1 but now am motivated and gonna be on my way to try creating something special :D

thx for the motivation mate ;)

Any suggestions on a DL & Strikers ?

You can get loads of types of Players really.

DL - Jorge Fucile - Michal Kadlec - Leighton Baines - Seb Bassong - Federico Balzaretti.

ST - Javier Saviola - Papiss Cisse - Lucas Barrios - Lisandro Lopez - Leandro Damiao.

There just a few of a very quick seearch i did, I'm sure there will be loads and loads of other players you could get.

mr.hough youve shown me, that its still possible to create an awesome tactic in this years fm. you were always an inspiration for me, I had given up on fm 12.1.1 but now am motivated and gonna be on my way to try creating something special :D

thx for the motivation mate ;)

This is the kind of appreciation i like the most, I Honestly make tactics to try and help other people, I don't do it for any accolade or to become well known although that is nice, Knowing i have helped other people in FM is the biggest praise for me.

If you need any help let me know.

You can get loads of types of Players really.

DL - Jorge Fucile - Michal Kadlec - Leighton Baines - Seb Bassong - Federico Balzaretti.

ST - Javier Saviola - Papiss Cisse - Lucas Barrios - Lisandro Lopez - Leandro Damiao.

There just a few of a very quick seearch i did, I'm sure there will be loads and loads of other players you could get.

Jorge Fucile is he a regen, im unable to find mate ?

Just a few screenies from my Tonbridge Angels save 1st season blue square south

vschelmsford.jpg

vsdorchester.jpg

vswelling.jpg

I think this is the closest we will get to a diablo on the modern version of Football Manager.

The only problem i have had is players conditioning suffering at this level but they are all part-time players so it is to be expected

Hats of to you Mr Hough and thankyou very much for all your hard work you have made the game exciting for me again :)

We also have some questions in our community.Is this tactic for 1204?And can you give us your player limitiations?

This tactic is for the very latest Patch, I believe it to be 12.1.1, I'm sure it will be compatable on Patch 12.04 aswell though.

I will be uploading new player filters in the next few days.

Just a few screenies from my Tonbridge Angels save 1st season blue square south

vschelmsford.jpg

vsdorchester.jpg

vswelling.jpg

I think this is the closest we will get to a diablo on the modern version of Football Manager.

The only problem i have had is players conditioning suffering at this level but they are all part-time players so it is to be expected

Hats of to you Mr Hough and thankyou very much for all your hard work you have made the game exciting for me again :)

You are completly welcome, I'm glad you like my tactics and they perform well for you.

Just a quick question Dave, I`m scoring a lot of goals only to see them chopped off for offside. About 3-5 goals per game, but lots of other offsides as well, creating 20-30 shots per game. Just wondered if anyone else was getting this ? . Still going well with my Celtic save played 12 won 11 lost 1. ( Bayern away 3-2 )

After i drew with Arsenal at the Emirates i played them again in the Replay because this match is in the F.A Cup 3rd Round.

I must Stress that this is my first season in FM and i have only signed 4 players, This Result is with this tactic using the Match Prep i have Stated.

Huddersfield3-1Arsenal.jpg

Teams2.jpg

This Result is one of the very best i have had in FM.

Just shows what this tactic can do i suppose

Mr Hough,

Like I said in my previous post, this is a VERY good tactic. The only thing is, I think there needs to be a second tactic when playing away/against bigger teams. As Panathinaikos, I'm slaughtering most teams domestically and in Europe, but when I come up against a bigger team (Olympiacos, PAOK in Greece or Villarreal/Lyon in Europe), I find that my defence is torn to pieces (I have signed two good defenders).

I think maybe a tactic slightly more defensive in mentality, with the defensive line dropped a bit might fix this. I'm in the off-season now but in my next season I might try and work on this.

Otherwise it is a perfect tactic, just needs a slightly more defensive counterpart :).

hey hough how do u upload ur screenshots jus wanna show u how mad zamora has been in the center st position hes gt 25 goals in 11 games!!! but when i try n upload it it says it undefined wid warning sign next 2 it oo n beat man city 3-1 just n this is with the default dept ridden fulham squad heheh mad tactic what ive been waiting 4.

That is Awesome my friend, Is it First Season or are you well into it

Hi Mr. Hough.

It is already the fifth season, the team was well trained... I now encountered problems about defense against set pieces and corners, there is always a mismatch between my best headers and opponent's, my relatively smaller midfielders to defend their tall dc... I lost several goals because of this.

Just a quick question Dave, I`m scoring a lot of goals only to see them chopped off for offside. About 3-5 goals per game, but lots of other offsides as well, creating 20-30 shots per game. Just wondered if anyone else was getting this ? . Still going well with my Celtic save played 12 won 11 lost 1. ( Bayern away 3-2 )

The game does that. If it didn't you could get like 200 goals per season with a top team.

Hi Mr. Hough.

It is already the fifth season, the team was well trained... I now encountered problems about defense against set pieces and corners, there is always a mismatch between my best headers and opponent's, my relatively smaller midfielders to defend their tall dc... I lost several goals because of this.

Maybe change the Match Prep to Defend Set Peices then mate see if that helps you concede less.

mr hough what is the diference between mcl and mcr? i ask because mcl have cros from byline and mcr from deep?

if i have strikers like : matri, vucinic, del piero, quagliarela, iaquinta how to set up? i mean where to play who?

Sorry to hijack the thread, but it's where the traffic is. Can somebody please tell me how I assign a player to be playmaker? Can't find it on FM12. I have set team instructions to have a playmaker, but cannot see how to assign the actual player - thanks.

P.S - Big up for The Hough for coming up with another tactci for us all :-)

Go to tactics, then the set pieces tab, playmaker box is bottom right of your screen, drag and drop

Mr.Hough, I love the tactic & hate you all at the same time! Gave the tactic a whirl for two games last night won 8-0 then 7-1. Didn't save it as i'm going to have to go back into my game and rejig my whole squad now retrain positions sell some players on! Im grimsby in 2020+ but only ever won the champions league once it's the hurdle i can't do so hopefully this will get me on the platform!!

Questiont: Do you ever lower the workload for tactic down from High once you have all fluid? To Normal/Low/Very Low?

Archived