Bertie BG

FMH 2012 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch out now!

155 posts in this topic

Will be out either today or tomorrow, depending on where you live.

Announcement blog is here: [URL]http://bit.ly/rZXJAv[/URL]

UK Store URL: [URL="http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/football-manager-handheld/id439656770?mt=8"]Football Manager Handheld - iStore[/URL]

(Edit, MV - Added UK iStore URL)

yaaaaaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Come on app store! Don't keep me waiting....

Question: in this years version would i be able to start my career at prestatyn town in Wales BUT have all english leagues loaded?

In previous versions you can't do this for example, if you started in Austrailia you could only select Englands top division.

[quote name='Low_Flying_Seagull']Cost?

......[/QUOTE]

£6.99 i would imagine.

Shame - its one day too late. Yesterday I started saving up for a MacBook and thusly can't afford to spend money on games like this. Sounds fun anyway though :-)

[quote name='thebugel']Question: in this years version would i be able to start my career at prestatyn town in Wales BUT have all english leagues loaded?

In previous versions you can't do this for example, if you started in Austrailia you could only select Englands top division.[/QUOTE]

Yes you can - its now possible to start a game within one of your 'secondary' nations (ie. one without all leagues active) and as Wales is on the same continent as England you're able to have all English leagues and also the Welsh league active at the same time.

[quote name='Marc Vaughan']Yes you can - its now possible to start a game within one of your 'secondary' nations (ie. one without all leagues active) and as Wales is on the same continent as England you're able to have all English leagues and also the Welsh league active at the same time.[/QUOTE]

Little great fix!

Hi Marc, any idea if the iOS game will be released in Singapore? Cos over here, i'm just around 30mins or so to midnight! Cant wait!

^^ it was taking too long before someone asked ^^

No, it's not available in Android, sorry...

[quote name='thebugel']Any screen shots anywhere on the web?[/QUOTE]

Some screenshots will be put live on the Football Manager website in the morning apparently :)

:applause:Challenge mode sounds fantastic. For years I used to try and do this (start half way through and see what I could win), now a real mode for it :)

Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Can the save games be synced between ipad and iphone? if yes I'm going to be seriously addicted...

Is their any chance of iCloud integration? It will be so much better to be able to play on my iPhone at work and then on the iPad at home :-)

From where we're sitting it looks like it's already available in New Zealand and Japan!

[quote name='sampglov1987']Is their any chance of iCloud integration? It will be so much better to be able to [B][COLOR="#B22222"]play on my iPhone at work[/COLOR][/B] and then on the iPad at home :-)[/QUOTE]

Nice job you have!

[quote name='rafafloripa']Nice job you have![/QUOTE]

I'm sure he means on his break at work, like I did.

[quote name='PRJKT']
Can the save games be synced between ipad and iphone? if yes I'm going to be seriously addicted...[/QUOTE]

Yes you can use iTunes File Sharing to transfer them to your computer then put them on to the other device.

Did the advanced player interaction get in there?

For example, I criticise a player in 2011 as he is sent off for headbutting a ref, but the rest of the team go ape **** for not supporting my player, thus bringing morale down as previously he was in form 9-9-10 etc etc

[quote name='David Milmine']Yes you can use iTunes File Sharing to transfer them to your computer then put them on to the other device.[/QUOTE]

I think PRJKT (apologies if I'm mistaken) means via the cloud.

iDevices sucks, what a waste of time from SI. :thdn:

[quote name='truegooner']I think PRJKT (apologies if I'm mistaken) means via the cloud.[/QUOTE]

Cloud sharing is something which is being looked at - the reason it didn't make it into release is (1) I've only one head and two arms (ie. lack of time), but also (2) I'm rather nervous about the amount of data it'd be transmitting - the FMHi save games are NOT tiny, they're 3mb in size so if you used Cloud sharing a lot for saving games then it could easily eat into someones allowed data package (use it 10 times a week and thats 120Mb of data you've sent in a month), I don't know the prevalent speeds or package sizes for people generally so rather than risk it either locking up your app for ages (ie. low speed connections) or costing people a fortune (if they have low data packages) I left it out for now.

If we find these aren't concerns then its something we'll look into in the future, but I tend to err on the side of "better safe than sorry" with such things - so didn't want to rush into it just to get another feature on a list and potentially mess up someones phone bill.

[quote name='rafafloripa']^^ Android? #2[/QUOTE]

I like Android myself and hopefully one day we will be able to support those devices; however that day isn't today - sorry.

[quote name='arjenrobben2608']Hi Marc, any idea if the iOS game will be released in Singapore? Cos over here, i'm just around 30mins or so to midnight! Cant wait![/QUOTE]

I believe it should be - if 2011 was available there then I see no reason why it won't be.

I'm very happy with my iPhone - just counting the number of Android unhappy users that will show up here ;)

I must say I am surprised the save games can even be transferred between devices at all. Excellent addition!

Why is Lecksa even here? iRelease and someone just comes to complain. Lots of us love FM for iOS. FM2011 for iPad is the FM I have spent the most time on and I've been playing since it was CM all those years ago. Playing on iPad is great and quite fast paced, perfect for me.

this song sums up how I feel about this release

[video=youtube;cXSOD1N5lR4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXSOD1N5lR4[/video]

Re: BSN&BSS... are they additional leagues or do they load up as standard on the English database?

thanks

[quote name='thebugel']Re: BSN&BSS... are they additional leagues or do they load up as standard on the English database?

thanks[/QUOTE]

They load up as standard when England is the main league.

anyone knows if this feature is gonna be available in Nigeria?

[quote name='larryjc']anyone knows if this feature is gonna be available in Nigeria?[/QUOTE]

All features will be available in all regions - the only regions excluded I think Miles mentioned in his blog post.

Will there be a demo for the game? I'm unsure I will want to for out what I'm assuming will be around 6.99 for the game. The last game I did not enjoy on an iOS device, although I have recently bought an iPad and do feel it may be more of an experience on the device. Which takes me back to my original question, will there be a demo? If it enjoyable I will happily pay the money if not I'm doubt I'll be owning the game :(

[quote name='Funmz']Will there be a demo for the game? I'm unsure I will want to for out what I'm assuming will be around 6.99 for the game. The last game I did not enjoy on an iOS device, although I have recently bought an iPad and do feel it may be more of an experience on the device. Which takes me back to my original question, will there be a demo? If it enjoyable I will happily pay the money if not I'm doubt I'll be owning the game :([/QUOTE]

At present there isn't a demo planned for release (the first year we did one a few months after release, last year there wasn't one at all - I don't think its been 100% decided with regards to this years iteration yet, but definitely not one initially).

[quote name='Ceirdiff']Will it be available on a 2nd gen iPod?[/QUOTE]

Yes the game runs on all generation devices

Will there be live cup draws?
Can you play forever (I.e. no 30 season limit)?

[quote name='Marc Vaughan']Cloud sharing is something which is being looked at - the reason it didn't make it into release is (1) I've only one head and two arms (ie. lack of time), but also (2) I'm rather nervous about the amount of data it'd be transmitting - the FMHi save games are NOT tiny, they're 3mb in size so if you used Cloud sharing a lot for saving games then it could easily eat into someones allowed data package (use it 10 times a week and thats 120Mb of data you've sent in a month), I don't know the prevalent speeds or package sizes for people generally so rather than risk it either locking up your app for ages (ie. low speed connections) or costing people a fortune (if they have low data packages) I left it out for now.

If we find these aren't concerns then its something we'll look into in the future, but I tend to err on the side of "better safe than sorry" with such things - so didn't want to rush into it just to get another feature on a list and potentially mess up someones phone bill.[/QUOTE]

I am not sure how easy it would be to code, but it is possible to have iCloud syncing as an option, rather than a default. You could also maybe have it as a feature which is only compatable when on a wifi connection. Just a suggestion, I really want it, lol.

Also, any chance of some screenshots? Has the UI seen a big improvement? The last one didn't really have the feel of a premium game, it's looked more like a kids game :-(

[quote name='sampglov1987']Also, any chance of some screenshots? Has the UI seen a big improvement? The last one didn't really have the feel of a premium game, it's looked more like a kids game :-([/QUOTE]

Screenshots are linked from within this thread:
[url]http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/290648-IOS-Screenshots-here[/url]

Hey, mind telling me what is editable/transportable this year? Anything new?

Thanks.

[quote name='Marc Vaughan']Cloud sharing is something which is being looked at - the reason it didn't make it into release is (1) I've only one head and two arms (ie. lack of time), but also (2) I'm rather nervous about the amount of data it'd be transmitting - the FMHi save games are NOT tiny, they're 3mb in size so if you used Cloud sharing a lot for saving games then it could easily eat into someones allowed data package (use it 10 times a week and thats 120Mb of data you've sent in a month), I don't know the prevalent speeds or package sizes for people generally so rather than risk it either locking up your app for ages (ie. low speed connections) or costing people a fortune (if they have low data packages) I left it out for now.

If we find these aren't concerns then its something we'll look into in the future, but I tend to err on the side of "better safe than sorry" with such things - so didn't want to rush into it just to get another feature on a list and potentially mess up someones phone bill.[/QUOTE]

Make it optional:
1) Optional (On/Off)
2) If on, Wi-Fi only option

Ideally, the file would support partial changes and submit only "patch-like" updates… but that's dreaming too big! ;)