dafuge's FM12 challenge

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A meagre 1 point from the last 9 games leaves me 6 points from safety with the half-way mark approaching. I'm lucky to have 3 shots per game and it's starting to demoralise me. Loanee's aren't interested, my strikers have 2 left feet and my midfield is old and slow. Resigning is an option at this point.

Wouldnt dream of it. Dafuge is the master, I am just his servant :thup:

But seriously please do keep an eye on the table for me, because I will definitely miss updates from time to time. If you think i've missed anything, add me on Steam (luke.hearn20) as thats the thing we know we're all almost always on!!

Just so you know, Added you on steam ;>

Anyone else wants to chat and play - Steam Username is Gigi^

Cheers :)

well what a bad pre-season only played 5 friendlies, in the 1st lost by best defensive midfielder for 8 months with broken leg and then in the 4th game lost his replacement for 5 months with a broken foot. it's just my luck when no wage budget left and board all ready hassling me about wage overspend.

so out i sent my only scout with a mission to find me a decent defensive midfielder. so off he went on his merry way.

2 weeks later he returns with several reports but in that time i played the last friendly and 3 league games struggling through them using a defender in midfielder as that was my only choice but manged to win 2 league games with goals in the last few minutes.

a quick glance at the scout reports and i found this gem amongst them okay costing £140 per week but as i said to the board i desperalty need him if we are to stand a chance of meeting expectations of avoiding relgation.

i know he might be 37 but if he can fit into my tactics and play how i'm currently play i think he might me a beast and should provide that defensive cover that i so need in the midfield area as the 3 goals i've conceded so far have been with the opposition midfielders just strolling through the middle of the park with the standing defensive midfielder not covering back as he's not used to playing in that postion.

After a bit of a shaky start, dropping to the bottom of the league, we're finally hitting our stride at FC United. Won 6 of the last 7 games, including beating Chester 3-1. Got through to the 1st round of the FA Cup, where I'll face Rotherham. Managed to pull in a few good Premier League youth players, such as Daniel Boateng and Ahmed Benali.

Follow/Add the following :)

Twitter: FCUMSwinburn

Steam: Swinburn13

I'm going to be here forever, never going to see Frome appear...

Next closest is Chippenham, they haven't popped up yet either.

Would anybody be kind enough to provide me a Chippenham save?

Thanks in advance.

Been doing a bit of reloading recently, about 50-odd times I think. My results are shown in the table below. I'm going to do a bit of research and re-holiday the season to see if differently relegated teams do have an impact on promoted sides.

TEAM		REP	APPS
Chester		1500	30
St Albans	1350	26
Bury Town	1200	24
Carshalton	1350	22
Northwich	1400	22
Stafford	1250	20
FC United	1450	19
Lowestoft	1350	18
Billericay	1200	16
Hendon		1300	16
Kingstonian	1250	13
Bedford		1050	12
Lewes		1400	12
Harrow		1150	6
Redditch	1100	5
Tooting & Mitch	1150	5
Hastings Utd	1000	4
Weymouth	1100	4
Margate		1100	2
Worksop		1100	2
Cambridge City	1150	2
Chippenham	950	1
Hitchin		1050	1
Canvey Island	1100	1
Marine		1100	1
Bradford PA	1150	1
Wealdstone	1150	1

I'm going to be here forever, never going to see Frome appear...

Next closest is Chippenham, they haven't popped up yet either.

Would anybody be kind enough to provide me a Chippenham save?

Thanks in advance.

Uploading now. Done in some minuttes

Edit: Here it is

Those are all the teams I've had except Chippenham which apart from Frome is the one I'm after!

I was going to try a re-holiday season to test the same theory but I'll let you ;)

I'd have loved to have had a go with Frome myself. Sadly I think the chance of them appearing is fairly slim...

Thanks buddy, much appreciated!

No problem, saved a game with Chippenham just in case I couldn't get any lower, but then Chesham showed up! =)

Btw, its a large db and has the retain players dafuge has in his OP.

No problem, saved a game with Chippenham just in case I couldn't get any lower, but then Chesham showed up! =)

Btw, its a large db and has the retain players dafuge has in his OP.

Downloaded and loaded up, I'll get the badges and player graphics on and I'll beginning my FM2012 life as Chippenham manager. :)

Been doing a bit of reloading recently, about 50-odd times I think. My results are shown in the table below. I'm going to do a bit of research and re-holiday the season to see if differently relegated teams do have an impact on promoted sides.

TEAM        REP    APPS
Chester        1500    30
St Albans    1350    26
Bury Town    1200    24
Carshalton    1350    22
Northwich    1400    22
Stafford    1250    20
FC United    1450    19
Lowestoft    1350    18
Billericay    1200    16
Hendon        1300    16
Kingstonian    1250    13
Bedford        1050    12
Lewes        1400    12
Harrow        1150    6
Redditch    1100    5
Tooting & Mitch    1150    5
Hastings Utd    1000    4
Weymouth    1100    4
Margate        1100    2
Worksop        1100    2
Cambridge City    1150    2
Chippenham    950    1
Hitchin        1050    1
Canvey Island    1100    1
Marine        1100    1
Bradford PA    1150    1
Wealdstone    1150    1

Interesting to read this and some of those teams tie up a fair bit with my attempt. The only other 3 teams I had that you didn't were Hednesford (I had them quite a few times), Oxford City (4-5 times) and North Ferriby (3 times) in over 100 reloads.

Wouldnt dream of it. Dafuge is the master, I am just his servant :thup:

But seriously please do keep an eye on the table for me, because I will definitely miss updates from time to time. If you think i've missed anything, add me on Steam (luke.hearn20) as thats the thing we know we're all almost always on!!

Hm strange. Steam says it can't find luke.hearn20..

I'm going to have my first attempt at this challenge (I foresee many years of heartbreak and disappointment - if I last many years haha) and am madly reloading looking for someone below 1000 rep! Oxford City is the closest I have come so far. I also have a few saves for some 1100 rep and below teams if anyone wants them. I know there are plenty of saves kicking around the thread but if anyone wants a different one then let me know! At the moment I have:

Bedford

Canvey Island

Hitchin

Marine

Oxford City

Wealdstone

Weymouth

With more to come no doubt as I spend an afternoon reloading :D

I'm going to have my first attempt at this challenge (I foresee many years of heartbreak and disappointment - if I last many years haha) and am madly reloading looking for someone below 1000 rep! Oxford City is the closest I have come so far. I also have a few saves for some 1100 rep and below teams if anyone wants them. I know there are plenty of saves kicking around the thread but if anyone wants a different one then let me know! At the moment I have:

Bedford

Canvey Island

Hitchin

Marine

Oxford City

Wealdstone

Weymouth

With more to come no doubt as I spend an afternoon reloading :D

If you get Leatherhead that'd be great!

Ahahahaha. I got a pen and my striker missed it, but when another of my players went for the rebound he got fouled so I got another pen, which my striker scored on. :eek:

I know its early days, but happy with the start to the season ive had

Fixtures

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/Wayne814/ChesterFixtures_Fixtures.png

Table

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/Wayne814/BlueSquareBetNorthOverview_Stages.png

Sorry don't know how to do it so that it hides behind the words

Write the text, then highlight it, click on the globus-thingy, paste the link. Click OK.

Well, I think I'm finally ready to hit that continue button. Main tactic, and back-up tactic, with set pieces created for each, now in place. Request for a trials day has been accepted by the board, and I have sent out invites for about 8 pre season friendlies. Pre Season training schedules created, and I have been to the job centre to advertise for staff.

I need players in all positions because either a) I haven't got enough cover, or b) those players I do have don't appear to be good enough!

At work again now, so no more progress until I get home later tonight.

Do other people find that they are apprehensive about hitting that continue button for the first time, or is it just me?

Bury_Town_FC.png

Bury Town FC | Season 2012/13

League Table | Squad | Transfers

I didn't do my usual big clean out and start from scratch. I got some new coaching staff and focussed on refining a tactic and delving deeply into training for the first time in FM. I got rid of some dead wood and slowly brought in players to fill holes over the course of the season, releasing players no longer required. We had a pretty good start to the season sitting mid-table, in the lead up to xmas we went on a 9 game unbeaten streak putting us in play off contention, and in the new year we had another long streak, unfortunately it was a string of frustrating losses. We managed to turn ourselves around towards the end of the season with some wins against good opposition but we were no longer in the hunt for play off's. We didn't stick around long in either of the cups, focussing more on the league. I was impressed that my tactics worked well, and considering the lack of quality personal we definitely over performed. The team was solid defensively but lack the class in attack of the better teams.

My best two players for the season, central defender Matthew Grieve and striker Kieran Leabon, were both already at the club when I arrived.

Despite the comfortable league position I am planning a big clean out (Considering only two of my players are under contract for next season we could be starting from scratch, with even the best performers from last season on the chopping block. I haven't decided if I am going to stick with the 4-1-2-1-2 formation that has served me well this season, whilst it worked this year I am concerned that it is to much pressure to put on the full backs and at this level they are likely to crumble too often. There is alot to ponder over the off season for the Blue Square North Manager of the Season.

Oh and I forgot to post my manager profile from when I first joint the club.

Season      Division                    Position        Cups
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13     Blue Square North           7th              FA Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, FA Trophy 3rd Qual Rnd

Archived