The Hitch hiker's guide to FM12

B.W.G

I certainly hope so!I've made all the signings I needed in the areas which were required so we now have a strong team with the depth to match!However I do have one dilemma up front,do I play Ristic and Becirovic who both had brilliant seasons last time around or do I play Hensel and Martin who have become the top two strikers in the team according to my ass man :eek:

It has been a very good rise in attendance and I am hoping that winning the DFB-Pokal will help increase the attendance even further,we should get to around the 30,000 mark for average in the new season.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Budget

Transfer - £21.5 million - £1.7 million remaining

Wage - £476,000 p.w - Currently spending £471,991 p.w

Pre-Season Transfers - Ten of the eleven players who left were not good enough and if they did have some quality then it would be unfair to keep them here as I was looking to improve the overall depth of the team.Tino Klotz left on loan to Lille as he would get more first team action there then he would here as they wanted him as cover for their first team.In came six players who would help improve the first team as well as the depth of the team as I am planning to take the Bundesliga title this season.

Expectations - My expectation in italics

Bundesliga - Top Half finish - Title challenge with a possible victory

Champions League - Reach Playoff (WTF??) - Knockout stages

DFB-Pokal - Quarter Final - Semi Finals

DFL-Supercup - Don't Care - Win it!

Pre-Season Fixtures

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/RasenBallsportLeipzigFixtures_Fixtures-4.png[/img]"]RasenBallsportLeipzigFixtures_Fixtures-4.png

Key Players

Fusca - GK - Summer signing from Corinthians who is already rated as the best goalkeeper in the squad and has 4.5* PA so has a very bright future indeed.I will be throwing him in straight into the first team as he looks like he can do very well.He had solid stats at Corinthians where he conceded 15 goals in 26 appearances.I feel he should be able to do it but may take time to settle in.

Cheikh Mbengue - DL - Arsenal signed him for £6.75 million and barely played him so I can consider him a steal at £3.1 million as he was transfer listed by request.He is our best DL so will start the season as first choice.This signing also help us with our depth as we were lacking in the DL position last season when Majer was injured or suspended so that is one problem area solved.Still quite young but I'm not expecting much more improvement off him.

Emilio Pinto - DC - New signing from Ajax who I was made aware of last season as he gave my strikers a headache on no less then four occasions!He is a tough tackler who isn't afraid to get stuck in if need be.Will be our first choice DC as he is rated as the best but it will cause a headache as we have four brilliant DC's!

Hiroki Gonda - MC - Played brilliantly for us last seasons as he scored 12 times in 53 appearances while averaging 7.16.The scary thing is that he is only 23 and can still improve by quite a bit.He has become a key fixture in the MC position and will be playing this season as he did last season which was in the more attacking role of the two.

Neil Nicell - MC/DM - I've known about this player since 2019/20 season when my scouts spotted him playing at Scunthorpe (was on loan from Leicester).He is the big money signing of pre-season at £4.8 million but I feel he will develop into a player who will make that look like a snip.He is our 2nd best MC behind Gonda and will be playing in the more defensive MC position which will be looking after the back four and to start attacking moves but he will be able to rotate with Gonda which may come in handy during games.

Admir Becirovic - ST - Was absolutely brilliant last season as he finished the clubs top scorer hitting 31 goals.He will need to be at the top of his game as I have four strikers who are all round the same ability level as each other vying for two spots!He doesn't look much but he did develop into a fantastic striker as his concentration and decision making improved.Gave him an extra rest during pre-season as he was knackered by the end of the season as he was the in form striker in the team.I am hoping for around 25 goals off him this season as he is just about the first choice.

Nicky Hensel - The 17 year old wonderkid who was once dubbed the next Mario Gomez.He is now rated as the 2nd best striker in the team so will most definitely be getting alot more game time in the new season.Made 9 appearances last season and scored 4 times so it wasn't a bad strike rate.If he gets more then 15 goals this season then I will be very happy considering he is so young.Put him in Key players as he is too good to put in the one to watch.

One to Watch

Isn't one this season as the youth prospects have dried up a bit!

Overview

I am happy with what we have achieved during pre-season and I feel we have the depth and the quality to make our title dreams come true in the new season.We have strengthened the main areas which needed it but we may need a bit of time for the team to gel and settle as all our signing were players who played outside the Bundesliga,I can only hope that this won't take too long to happen.I will be going all out on the domestic front,for the Champions league,it will depend on if we get a nice draw but knowing my luck with draws then I'm not holding my breath as I will end up looking like a smurf.

I will be here till I win the Champions League and the Club World Cup as doing this with Redbull Leipzig is what I classify as a Level 2 goal (See post 3 for details!).I generally do believe we are about 3 seasons away from being able to compete for the Champions League title as the big two of Barca and Real Madrid are quite a way above us but anything can happen so I will put us down for being the dark horses!Let the roller coaster ride begin!

We've been given quite a tough draw in the Champions League.

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/UEFAChampionsLeagueOverview_Stages-1.png[/img]"]UEFAChampionsLeagueOverview_Stages-1.png

We should get at least 3rd place but it is hard to call as AC Milan came in 3rd in Serie A but were 10 points behind 1st,while Chelsea also came 3rd but have started this season very slowly.We could get a top 2 finish but we will need to be at our absolute best if we are to achieve that.

Good season last year, title all yours next term I think. Good to see Martin got a few games but disappointed with his goals to games return. Looks to be better than he has shown so far. Obviously the AssMan thinks so too.

Was thinking the CL might be tough for you but the Chelsea result should alleviate any doubts. KUTGW :thup:

It took Martin a bit of time to actually settle in so I will forgive him for his first season but has done really well so far this season!I thought the same with the CL but it sets us for a better performance then last season :p

On the domestic front,we are on fire at the moment as we won 7 out of 7 while scoring 20 goals!I also noted I'd have difficulty with choosing which strikers and the three best performers are keeping that decision difficult so far!

Admir Becirovic - 9 appearances,6 goals,2 assists,7.39 average rating

Keith Martin - 7 appearances,3 goals,5 assists,7.72 average rating

Nicky Hensel - 8 appearances,6 goals,0 assists,7.60 average rating

Also Keith Martin broke into the senior Republic of Ireland Squad....2 cap 3 goals!

Competitions

1.Bundesliga

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/1BundesligaOverview_Stages-4.png[/img]"]1BundesligaOverview_Stages-4.png

Champions League - Topped the group with 13 points with a record of 4-1-1 with our only defeat being 3-1 against Chelsea.We've been given a kinder draw in the Knockout Stages as we face Dutch side PSV.In the Champions League,there is only Man Utd,Barcelona and Man City I really fear but Barcelona and City are facing each other so that gets rid of one of them.

DFB-Pokal - We were less then impressive in the first round as we beat 2.Bundesliga side Wehen 1-0.In the second round we faced Schalke and I thought it was going to be one of those games as we had three goals disallowed but we managed to score the winner in extra time.We played Dusseldorf in the 3rd round and recorded a 3-0 victory to send us to the Quarter-Finals where we will face Freiburg.

Overview

We have performed brilliantly so far with the exception to the Schalke game which we lost as the whole team were abysmal.I was expecting the league to be a bit closer but we have already opened up a five point gap which is down to better defending and still being one of1 the leagues top scorers.I am also quite amazed with our Champions League performance so far as we topped the group which contained Chelsea and AC Milan,I identified AC Milan as the weaker of the two and I was proved right as Chelsea finished 2nd with 13 points as well.We've been given a easier draw so I feel confident about making it to the quarter finals.As for the DFB-Pokal,we've not been near our best but our best has not been needed to make it to the quarter finals but we need better performances if we are to retain the trophy.

During the season,I have rejected three offers which have come from Chelsea,Udinese and Palermo.Udinese and Palermo have been doing very poorly so it was a no brainer to reject these offers.Chelsea on the other hand have been nowhere near their best and find themselves 7th in the Premier League behind Blackburn and Watford,that was the most tempting offer but I will be seeing things out at RB Leipzig as we are not that far off Europe's elite!

I can throw CSKA Moscow in the rejection pile as well,their manager took over the Chelsea job and left them in a really good position of 2nd in Prem'er Liga,they did offer me £16.75 million for transfers and had just over £100k free for wages.They have a bigger wage budget then we do here :lol:

Thanks :D Certainly a fun league to manage in due to all the twist and turns that happen!

In the January transfer,it's getting nervy for me as my English MC Neil Nicell is attracting interest from the big English teams,I've already rejected to £14 million offers from Arsenal and Chelsea!Although if he does go then we have made quite a big profit on him.

We've done well so far but can't get too complacent :D

Hopefully it will be a very prosperous,we've made a good start to the 2nd half of the season beating Leverkusen (3-2) and HSV (3-1) with 18 year old Nicky Hensel scoring a hat-trick against HSV!

Still looking strong I see :thup: and good to see some good offers coming in for you. How long before you can't refuse one of them? I've actually just added the German leagues down to level 3 in my save as I've been enjoying this so much :thup:.

As I feel I'm so close to winning the Champions League with Leipzig,it will probably be around 2025 when I leave so I got a few years left.My aims were to originally win each Champions League but I've slightly altered it,winning with RB Leipzig would be a level 2 challenge.Hope you get to manage in Germany at some point :D

Goals during the career saved based on Level 1 (easiest) to level 3 (most difficult)

Level 1 - No rules or restrictions
Win the European Champions League with an English Club
Win the European Champions League with a club from one of the bigger European nations
Win the European Champions League with a club from one of the smaller European nations
Win the Asian Champions League
Win the African Champions League
Win the Copa Libertadores
Win the CONCACAF Champions League

Level 2 - Starting in the lowest playable league of the Country
Win the European Champions League with a club from one of the bigger European nations
Win the European Champions League with a club from one of the smaller European nations

Level 3 - Using youth players only

Other goals
Top the Hall of Fame
Have a stadium in each playable continent (excluding Oceania for obvious reasons!) named after me.

Think I've got enough there to keep me going till FM13 :D

More then likely but we'll see how far we can get by October/November :D

I'd probably be better writing pub quizzes then I am answering them,I'm only any good when it comes to answering the football questions :lol:

More then likely but we'll see how far we can get by October/November :D

I'd probably be better writing pub quizzes then I am answering them,I'm only any good when it comes to answering the football questions :lol:

My general knowledge is pretty decent to be fair! Although my football knowledge is better! :D

Just a quick update on our Champions League progress.

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/UEFAChampionsLeagueOverview_Stages-3.png[/img]"]UEFAChampionsLeagueOverview_Stages-3.png

Don't let the scoreline fool you,the first leg was extremely close and we were lucky to get a 2-0 victory,the 2nd leg was a well deserved victory as we controlled the majority of the game.Also nice to see last seasons Europa League winners Man City knock out the holders Barcelona!The Quarter final draw is as follows:

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/UEFAChampionsLeagueOverview_Stages-2.png[/img]"]UEFAChampionsLeagueOverview_Stages-2.png

We get Chelsea again,we have both improved a lot since the group stages so I am expecting two tight games,the winners will face Besiktas or Porto.Highlight of the Quarter Finals is the Manchester derby and the fact there are no Spanish or Italian clubs in the last eight!

We have been pretty lucky with the draws but can also thank the Italian and Spanish clubs underachieving.In the final against one of the Manchester clubs.....looks like it will be RB Leipzig vs Man City round 2 seeing as City beat Utd 5-0 in their first leg!

We beat Chelsea 9-3 on agg to claim a semi-final place.We will be against Besiktas while the other semi-final is Man City vs Fenerbahce.Quite shocking to see two Turkish teams in the semi-final

Although I am still trying to figure how I won 3-2 in the 2nd leg as Chelsea had 24 shots (11 on Target) and we had 11 Shots (3 on Target).So every shot I had on target over the two legs went in....quite scary :lol:

On the domestic front,we need 5 points from 4 games to clinch the Bundesliga title!

The end of season is coming up fast,we beat Besiktas 2-1 in the 1st leg of the semi-final and if we win our next game against Kaiserslautern then we are crowned the Champs.We also have to face Kaiserslautern in the DFB-Pokal final.....possible treble on the horizon!

Archived