FM12: Málaga Club de Fútbol - Barça & Real? Who?

In fairness, the board did say they'd buy the stadium... Maybe that explains it. It's still in planning though.

Hope it goes through for you. In January, I tried upgrading training facilities but after the planning stage (which went 6 months) it fell through due to lack of funds.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not even the likes of Dominguez, Kameni and Javi Martinez?

I can only think that it is a reputation issue; once you achieve qualification to European football, I'm sure most of my rcommended targets would happily join the mighty force of Malaga! :D

Managed to buy one off the list, looking at some targets. I can't believe the chairman is background sugar daddy

I thought they would have a Man City style sugar daddy but has there been enough in real life to suggest this they spent around 60 million Euro's from what I read on the internet. I guess no one knows if the board will sanction any more big spending in real life so they cannot put fore ground sugar daddy in the game but like I said that is a guess. Might be worth asking why in the data issues forum.

Its the same with Hoffe, maybe its just the second season when the coins are seen. As you say, they spent a heck of a lot of money in the summer, so maybe they are a bit spent up from the summer until the end of the season?

I thought they would have a Man City style sugar daddy but has there been enough in real life to suggest this they spent around 60 million Euro's from what I read on the internet. I guess no one knows if the board will sanction any more big spending in real life so they cannot put fore ground sugar daddy in the game but like I said that is a guess. Might be worth asking why in the data issues forum.

That is a true statement at least we know how the PSG board are they went out spent 36 mill on one player.

Thats disappointing news. :(

Anyway started to hire some new staff, fired some old.

Started bidding low for a few players I want. Also have put some players on the transfer list.

Want to buy a new dl, dc and some attacking midfielders (young ones).

Will probably try to get another dr but want someone good/cheap.

Here's my view on this 'sugardaddy' debate;

In my opinion, there's been sufficient grounds to say that Malaga deserve a foreground sugardaddy. Cazrola cost them 19 million! Who would just go out and buy top players, such as Cazorla, Toulalan and Baptista, then just allowing the club to become penny-less in the Transfer Market in the near future. Malaga have already stated that they're not going to be brash in the transfer market; I've quoted Fernando Hierro with him saying "There will be no madness." - So, if SI are waiting for that 40 million transfer which will then give Malaga that 'Foreground Sugardaddy' it's not going to happen! Look at the wages these players are on too; I doubt the likes of Cazorla, Baptista, Toulalan and Mathjisen would be on 15-20k a week.

Once I get home from holiday, I'm seriously considering making a Malaga edit pack which will change the sugardaddy from 'background' to 'foreground'...

Hey guys. Started a save with Malaga. I'm in January and it's not going all that smoothly. I'll make a post about my progress later but first I have a question.

Manchester United want Juanmi. They've offered £7.25m up front plus 30% profit from next sale. Should I let him go? (Honestly, I could do with the cash to upgrade at left back)

Hey guys. Started a save with Malaga. I'm in January and it's not going all that smoothly. I'll make a post about my progress later but first I have a question.

Manchester United want Juanmi. They've offered £7.25m up front plus 30% profit from next sale. Should I let him go? (Honestly, I could do with the cash to upgrade at left back)

I would probably sell him if I were you. In a season he's barely developed for me at all, I now have better youth prospects that cost much less than £7.25m and will probably be looking to sell him myself at the end of the 2nd season.

Here's my view on this 'sugardaddy' debate;

In my opinion, there's been sufficient grounds to say that Malaga deserve a foreground sugardaddy. Cazrola cost them 19 million! Who would just go out and buy top players, such as Cazorla, Toulalan and Baptista, then just allowing the club to become penny-less in the Transfer Market in the near future. Malaga have already stated that they're not going to be brash in the transfer market; I've quoted Fernando Hierro with him saying "There will be no madness." - So, if SI are waiting for that 40 million transfer which will then give Malaga that 'Foreground Sugardaddy' it's not going to happen! Look at the wages these players are on too; I doubt the likes of Cazorla, Baptista, Toulalan and Mathjisen would be on 15-20k a week.

Once I get home from holiday, I'm seriously considering making a Malaga edit pack which will change the sugardaddy from 'background' to 'foreground'...

Yes please. Save game compatable. :D

What tactics you thinking of playing, Pure?

I Can't decide over a 4-2-3-1 a 4-3-3 (Wingers) or something completely different.

On day 1 at the moment, so lets see what happens

That one.

Having a hard time buying players. :(

Any ideas on who to get for dc, dl, amcrl? In euros please.

How are you guys using Santi Cazorla? I've been having trouble getting him to play well for me

Advanced Playmaker - Attack predominantly in AML, AMR and AMC optional though. Make sure you set him as Freekick taker too, he's scored some stunners for me.

Last season in the league, 35 games, 11 goals, 23 assists and 9 MotMs. Average rating 7.64.

That one.

Having a hard time buying players. :(

Any ideas on who to get for dc, dl, amcrl? In euros please.

Don't know if this will be much help mate, but - I was after players who could instantly come in and do a job, instead of making a few huge marquee signings.

(In Euro's)

Ariel Ibagaza - 925k - Brought in as a squad player. Can play AMC and is Awkward at AML/AMR. Can do a job though. Great physicals for a 34 year old.

Urby Emanuelson - 5.5mil - Sort of brought in for a squad player aswell, but I also brought him in, so he could fill in at Left back.

Carlos Marchena - 8.75mil - as I said, needed players who could come straight into the team, and this is one of them, played good so far this season

Cesar Azpilicueta - 14mil - I bought him to start straight away. Fit in nicely, good thing is, he's also a potential 4*

Guti - 2.2mil - Lovely bit of business here I think. He can't move. Which is unfortunate :D But as a DLP on support, he does wonders. Quite possibly one of the best passers on the game. 20passing, 20creativity.

Jack Robinson on loan. Played a few games as a sub, and attributes have gone up a little bit already....

As I said, not sure if thats much help to you.

---

Got R.Madrid at home next. I'm 6th in the league, from 7 with 13 points. They're 3rd with 19 points... time to close the gap :rolleyes:

Yes please. Save game compatable. :D

Can't be save game compatible you would have to download FMRTE or something instead, I might change it and start as Malaga done a few seasons as Sunderland and am a bit bored at the moment.

I wonder if the reason they have no foreground sugar daddy is because it increases the owners expectations. I added a foreground sugar daddy and they want at least Champions League qualification, could be a tough season.

Started a Malaga save the other day, quite enjoying it so far. Using 3 formations a 4231, 4411 and a 451 (DM and AML/R)

4 games into season - 9 points , beat seville, granada, mallorca, lost to athletic bilbao at home.

Transfers IN

Emre Can

Vaclav Kadlec

Wilfried

Willian

Sime Vrsaljko

Transfers OUT

Edhiho

Helder Rosario

Doubt it will be as smooth season as my start but could be promising.

I wonder if the reason they have no foreground sugar daddy is because it increases the owners expectations. I added a foreground sugar daddy and they want at least Champions League qualification, could be a tough season.

One thing that may work was if you decreased the ambition of the Chariman [Al-Thani]. Maybe that will lower his expectations.

When I get back to the UK, I'll try it :thup:

One thing that may work was if you decreased the ambition of the Chariman [Al-Thani]. Maybe that will lower his expectations.

When I get back to the UK, I'll try it :thup:

I just added the foreground sugar daddy and went for it, I think Champions League is possible.

I just added the foreground sugar daddy and went for it, I think Champions League is possible.

I also think that a Champions League place is possible, even without the foreground sugardaddy :thup:

I'll put a edited 'foreground sugardaddy' pack [hopefully with lowered expectations] for download in this thread in the near future :) Is that okay with you mods?

I have to admit, knowing that I won't have more funds has sapped my enthusiasm for this save. I wanted to have a serious go at knocking Barca off their perch (I'm a United fan with a grudge) and that seems very unlikely without some cash. I'm toying with the idea of restarting with a foreground sugar daddy.

On one hand, it seems more realistic. Malaga might not splash the cash in quite the same mad way as PSG or Anzhi, but I very much doubt that the Malaga manager will find himself unable to strengthen the squad at all next summer.

On the other hand, editing the game to make it easier feels an awful lot like cheating.

I also think that a Champions League place is possible, even without the foreground sugardaddy :thup:

I'll put a edited 'foreground sugardaddy' pack [hopefully with lowered expectations] for download in this thread in the near future :) Is that okay with you mods?

Foreground sugar daddy doesn't give any more money at the very start. I put the slider all the way to transfer money and asked for more wages they gave me more and I was able to create £26 million to spend and be 200k under wage budget. I think a foreground sugar daddy is more realistic and will make the game more fun. People are getting a couple of million in the second season that cannot be right.

I see no problem adding the download for the sugar daddy.

On the other hand, editing the game to make it easier feels an awful lot like cheating.

I wouldn`t really call it `cheating`as such; something along the lines of `tweaking a aspect of the game that SI, in my opinion, have got wrong`is better :D

Foreground sugar daddy doesn't give any more money at the very start. I put the slider all the way to transfer money and asked for more wages they gave me more and I was able to create £26 million to spend and be 200k under wage budget. I think a foreground sugar daddy is more realistic and will make the game more fun. People are getting a couple of million in the second season that cannot be right.

I see no problem adding the download for the sugar daddy.

No, I know that much but, as we`ve seen from previous posters in here, they`re getting terrible amounts (for Transfer Budgets) in the second season due to them achieving a small amount of success in the first season. I`ve pleaded with the lads on the Data Issues Forum for them to look into it too :thup:

Cheers for the clearance; will hopefully get it up by the end of next week.¸

EDIT: Sorry about my `mutated` apostrophes, this Canadian keyboard is terrible.

Advanced Playmaker - Attack predominantly in AML, AMR and AMC optional though. Make sure you set him as Freekick taker too, he's scored some stunners for me.

Last season in the league, 35 games, 11 goals, 23 assists and 9 MotMs. Average rating 7.64.

Hmm, thats what I have been doing (mainly at AML) but he hasnt performed anywhere near that for me. I've got 28 games, 3 goals, 4 assists. Ave Rating 6.93.

I've just finished the 1st season (in 4th on equal points with Villarreal in 3rd and At Madrid in 5th) and somehow have managed to finish with a positive bank balance (just). Im not sure I want to continue with this save as at the rate the finances are going Im either going to have to sell quite a few players or go into heavy debt. The high wages and low match day income (the small stadium is going to kill me) arent very conducive to staying in the black :(

just finished my 1st season with malaga. finished 4th, was neck and neck with villareal and athletico madrid the 3 of us vying for 4th spot and the coveted last champions league place. Only downside are despite coming in 4th I got 3.2 million, pretty sure if you come last in the epl you get more than that and the team are hemorrhaging cash each month, despite me selling alot of players.

Finally got FM12 proper a couple of hours ago and jumped straight into my Málaga save. Made a fair few changes, getting rid of pretty much all backroom staff and replacing with my own: Now have at least 4* rating in all training categories and a rapidly growing scouting network. I've also been fairly busy in the transfer market:

Out (£8.5m):

Reubén to Napoli for £1.1m

Fernández to Vitesse for £5m (a striker with finishing of 11? Hmmm)

Caballero to Espanyol for £1.7m

Eliseu to Anji for £2.7m

Maresca to Napoli on loan for initial fee of £675k and a future fee of £2m

In (£31.5m):

Hildebrand for free

Kameni from Espanyol for £5.25m

Vass from Brescia for £800k

Eltinho from Coritiba for £4.2m - never heard of him, but one of my new scouts (Brazilian with JCA/JPA of 18) gave him a 4.5* rating so had to be done.

Muniain from Athletico for £21m - I also had a (£20m) offer accepted for Sociedad's Griezmann, and it was a very difficult decision choosing between the two, but Muniain's attacking killer instinct sold it for me in the end.

I'm still left with enough to bring in one more squad player (£3.69m with wages of £62k p/w) but I think I'm pretty satisfied with the squad as it is at the moment.

Got to go to work now!

For those that have played more than 1 season, what happens when your bank balance enters the negative?

Just before this happened to me, I tried changing the sugar daddy from background to foreground using FMRTE*. About a week after changing it to Foreground and my bank balance at less than £3m, £30+m was added into the club by Al-Thani. Im just wondering if that is normal or if changing it in FMRTE actually works?

* The field is present in FMRTE but the text in the field is not visible despite the drop down box being there.

I just finished season 2, I haven't changed the sugar daddy type but I've had 1 investment of about 30m but that was to pay for the stadium which they agreed to buy.

Other than that I'm staying afloat on Champions League revenue.

Somehow I actually won La Liga in my 2nd season, but it was a total fluke. I was battling with Real for 2nd for ages despite having an inferior squad, then Barca seemed to hit a really rough patch, I think it was due to injuries. So the 3 of us were pretty close at the top, and in the last 2 or 3 matches I just managed to win it. Christ knows what I'll have to do next season.

I won the Spanish Cup in my first season, but this time went out to Barca in the 5th round.

Got past group stages of CL, lost to Arsenal in the first knockout round.

Kadlec and Muniain are both coming along amazingly, but I have 7 other U21 strikers that I like.. so something's going to have to happen there pretty swiftly.

Bought Thiago in from Barca which end up costing pretty much my entire budget after selling quite a few people at £19m, so now Joaquin is off leaving pretty much only Jesus Gamez, Demichelis, Cazorla and Baptista as regulars.

Archived