FM12: Málaga Club de Fútbol - Barça & Real? Who?

Ok, nice one, thanks. If that's how it is, seems pretty straightforward. Could be useful as a tool for those 16-17 year old up and comings.

I assume if I load the Spanish leagues down to 3rd tier there's a good chance of Malaga B team being in a loaded/competitive league? (I get that your B team and A team will never play in the same div, but getting them to the 2nd tier might happen?).

Thanks vieres.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, nice one, thanks. If that's how it is, seems pretty straightforward. Could be useful as a tool for those 16-17 year old up and comings.

I assume if I load the Spanish leagues down to 3rd tier there's a good chance of Malaga B team being in a loaded/competitive league? (I get that your B team and A team will never play in the same div, but getting them to the 2nd tier might happen?).

Thanks vieres.

A few seasons ago Malaga's B team got promoted to the "segunad " which is the league below La Liga. Spanish rules sate that an "A" team can't play in the same league as the "B" team. So if Malaga's B team got promoted from the segunda, they wouldn't go up. Their promotion place will be passed down the league.

Barcelona B who play in the segunda nearly got promoted last season. Malaga B now play in the league blow the segunda

Hope this makes sense

Reserve teams in the Spanish football league system play in the same football pyramid as their senior team rather than a separate league. However reserve teams cannot play in the same division as their senior team. Therefore the team is ineligible for promotion to the Primera Division. Reserve teams are also no longer permitted to enter the Copa del Rey.

With regards to managing a club with a B team in FM, I have to admit I'm a little sketchy, having not managed a club with a B team in a playable division to make the best use of.

As far as I'm aware, players can move freely between the main team and the B team, but once they've played a certain amount of games for one team, they must remain with that team and can't flit back to the other.

Thanks vieres.

Atlético Malagueño, Málaga's B team play in Tercera División - Group 9.

The Tercera División currently features 361 teams divided into 18 regional groups, corresponding to the Autonomous communities of Spain (due to its huge size, Andalucia is divided into two different groups). Each Group is administered by a regional football federation. At the end of the season the first four teams in each group qualify for promotion play-offs to decide which teams are promoted to Segunda División B. The three teams finishing bottom of each group may be relegated to the Divisiones Regionales de Fútbol. However the number of teams relegated can vary. The eighteen group champions also qualify for the following season's Copa del Rey. However reserve teams are ineligible. Along with teams from Segunda División B, the remaining teams from the division compete in the Copa Federación.

Beginning with the 2008-09 season, the eighteen group winners will have the opportunity to be promoted directly to the Segunda División B. The 18 group winners will be drawn into a two-legged series where the nine winners will be promoted to the Segunda División B. The nine losing clubs enter the playoff round for the last nine promotion spots.

The 18 runners-up will be drawn against one of the seventeen fourth-place clubs outside their group and the 18 third-placed clubs are drawn against one another in a two-legged series. The twenty-seven winners advance with the nine losing clubs from the champions' series to determine the 18 teams that will enter the last two-legged series for the last nine promotion spots. In all the playoff series, the lower-ranked club plays at home first. Whenever there is a tie in position (e.g. like the group winners in the champions' series or the third-placed teams in the first round), a draw will determine the club to play at home first.

(To quote Wikipedia)

In FM terms, reputation plays a large part in clubs being promoted to the lowest playable divisions in the game, but (this is not confirmed) I understand that by sending players to a non-playable B team, you can slightly aid their chances of promotion.

All the Tercera División clubs are featured in the game database and results are roughly calculated "in the background", so to speak.

So playing with Málaga CF, if you're lucky, you may see Atlético Malagueño promoted to Segunda B. The problem until they do, is that insofar as developing players in the meantime they may be of little use. Finding another feeder club in a playable division might be more beneficial. That's what I tend to do with Granada CF, who's B team is another tier down from Atlético Malagueño and will never get promoted in FM.

I can confirm that number as I was one of those 2000 expats. I was at the Granda game, did you not see the huge st George cross with the Malaga ultras? The British fans have been embraced by the locals and they travel to most away games which is rare in Spain. How good was Cazorla in the 4-0????!!!!

If you're going to the return match at Nuevo Los Cármenes, you'll have to send me a message. I know where the best tapas bars are near the stadium. ;)

Atlético Malagueño, Málaga's B team play in Tercera División - Group 9.

(To quote Wikipedia)

In FM terms, reputation plays a large part in clubs being promoted to the lowest playable divisions in the game, but (this is not confirmed) I understand that by sending players to a non-playable B team, you can slightly aid their chances of promotion.

All the Tercera División clubs are featured in the game database and results are roughly calculated "in the background", so to speak.

So playing with Málaga CF, if you're lucky, you may see Atlético Malagueño promoted to Segunda B. The problem until they do, is that insofar as developing players in the meantime they may be of little use. Finding another feeder club in a playable division might be more beneficial. That's what I tend to do with Granada CF, who's B team is another tier down from Atlético Malagueño and will never get promoted in FM.

Ahh, excellent, got you. I am pretty intense on developing youth as part of the club so it's (the B team) and loaning out youth is a biggie +/- on me playing in Spain, so thanks.

Some people use the editor to bump their B teams up to the Segunda B. If you do this you have to be careful you don't nerf the database though, which can sometimes cause the game to crash.

If anyone plans to do this with Atlético Malagueño (by "promoting" them to the Segunda B4), you need to replace them in Tercera División - Group 9, with another team from either Málaga or Granada provinces, however you can also include teams from Ceuta or Melilla.

As there's no teams from Granada or Málaga provinces currently in Segunda B4, the easiest thing to do is to switch Atlético Malagueño with either Ceuta or Melilla. So for example, you'd promote Atlético Malagueño to Segunda B4 and demote Ceuta to Tercera División - Group 9 in the editor. The database will then work fine, without risk of crashes.

Other than that, just cross your fingers and wait for them to "appear". :)

Some people use the editor to bump their B teams up to the Segunda B. If you do this you have to be careful you don't nerf the database though, which can sometimes cause the game to crash.

If anyone plans to do this with Atlético Malagueño (by "promoting" them to the Segunda B4), you need to replace them in Tercera División - Group 9, with another team from either Málaga or Granada provinces, however you can also include teams from Ceuta or Melilla.

As there's no teams from Granada or Málaga provinces currently in Segunda B4, the easiest thing to do is to switch Atlético Malagueño with either Ceuta or Melilla. So for example, you'd promote Atlético Malagueño to Segunda B4 and demote Ceuta to Tercera División - Group 9 in the editor. The database will then work fine, without risk of crashes.

Other than that, just cross your fingers and wait for them to "appear". :)

Nice one and thanks for explaining who they need to 'swap' with, think I might do just that. Malaga it is for me on my first FM12 save.

Really good opening posts there, a great set up. Regarding B teams, In 2011 there was what I saw as a bug with the B teams when it came to tutoring. If you moved a player from the B team to either the A team or the u19s, the tutoring would be cancelled. I found the best strategy was to intensely tutor the players until their mental attributes were satisfactory whilst also giving them u19 games then just phase them into the first team. Can anybody confirm if this is still the case on 2012? I imagine it was due to the B team being seeing as a separate entity much like sending a player to an external affiliate.

Afternoon from Canada! Just popping on to check on the progress of the thread; and see what else is ahppening about the place. Expecting atleast 2 pages when I get back to Britain in early November :D

Canada is brilliant. They have ALL the Premier League matches live. Unbelieavable. Enjoy your demo saves with Málaga CF lads :thup:

VAMOS MÁLAGA!

What do you think malagas sugardaddy rating will be in the editor (foreground, background or underwriter)?

I'm hoping it will be 'foreground sugardaddy' because, as we've seen throughout the summer, large amounts of cash has been splashed about; maybe not on the Transfer Fee side of things but, I'm pretty sure that Van Nistelrooy, Cazorla and Toulalan would all demand a rather large weekly wage.

Sorry about all the confusuion in the OP lads, I'm in the middle of changing it and, when you're away from your regular laptop, it's pretty frustrating! Bare with me.

:thup:

I'm hoping it will be 'foreground sugardaddy' because, as we've seen throughout the summer, large amounts of cash has been splashed about; maybe not on the Transfer Fee side of things but, I'm pretty sure that Van Nistelrooy, Cazorla and Toulalan would all demand a rather large weekly wage.

Sorry about all the confusuion in the OP lads, I'm in the middle of changing it and, when you're away from your regular laptop, it's pretty frustrating! Bare with me.

:thup:

Hello Guys's - I am about to come back from my FM sabbatical and looking forward to getting on the game tonight. Canyou tell me what the difference is between 'foreground, background and underwriter' sugar daddy is?

Foreground is a owner like Man City's who continually invest money into the club throughout the season

Background is a owner who spends enough to make the team a force within the league but once they achieve this level will stop putting money into the team

Underwriter is a owner who doesn't give any extra transfer money etc but will clear the clubs debts at the end of the season if they have any

hi all, hope this thread starts up abit lol! heres my progress so far, pre season finished results included; 2-1 win against Leeds United away, 1-1 Hertha (won on pens semi final friendly cup), 1-1 Liverpool (won on pens in final of friendly cup), 4-0 win against Jaen away and 3-1 win against cordoba away.

Transfers in; Erik Pieters, brought in for competiton for the LB spot (2.1 mil), Alvaro Dominguez, Strong CB will partner Demi, already earned his first Spain cap whilst he joined us (6 mil), Carlos Kameni, brilliant shot stopper, first class keeper (5.25 mil), Douglas Costa, great potential, should make the CAM his own (9 mil), Siphiwe Tshabalala, great energy, will back up the wingers, couldnt resist the price (400k).

All in all happy with my signings, all under the age of 30. Only player to go out at the moment is Eliseu, not in my plans at all (2.4 mil).

Got Sevilla away first game of the season, gonna be a tough game, my starting 11 will look something like this; Kameni, Gamez, Demi, Dominguez, Montreal, Toulalan, Joaquin, Maresca, Baptista, Cazorla, Rondon.

Wish me luck!

I'm getting the game full on Wednesday and have decided I am definitely starting a game with Málaga. Looks like an exciting prospect, and with (hopefully) the long-term foundations to eventually challenge Barca and Real. Bring it on.

Robbiecraigstart - Good Luck with your save mate; I hope this thread livens up a bit too :D

Anyway, some good calculated signings there. Nothing massive but, some good deals. Erik Pieters should do a very good job as competition for Monreal. Dominguez is another good buy for as cheap as 6 million too. What formation do you intend on playing against Sevilla? Good Luck anyway. :thup:

Andyp - Glad to hear it mate. Hope you do well. That's one thing that got me so interested in Malaga and their team; the massive challenge ahead of them to try to knock Real Madrid and Barca from their perch :)

Started a game, bought mostly youths.

Arsenal inexplicably paid the £17.75m release clause on Rondon in January...

I was totally shocked.

Bought in Kadlec and Muniain to replace him, both of whom look like they're going to be amazing.

Cazorla is nothing short of a God.

I'll post my second season budgets soon-ish. I'm in 4th after 25 games so far.

What's the second season transfer budget like? Someone in GD said they got hardly anything at all despite getting into Europe.

Not sure how everyone else is doing but you leak money every month so by the time 2nd season starts, you don't get given much of a transfer budget as your balance is low. I just completed my first season (finished 3rd) and tried to be as fiscally conservative as possible (especially with player wages and contracts) but it's so difficult to stem the leaking. Even if you can get rid of few guys and trim the squad, it has a miniscule overall effect on your balance. I have a transfer budget for 2nd season that exceeds my balance (£15.22m for transfers, balance of £10.9m). Only spent a net of £3.4m on transfers but lost £38.8m for the year. Income generated is nowhere near enough to cover costs. For example, non-football costs and end of season ground maintenance cost you £14.3m but you only make £4.5m on gate receipts for the whole season. Can honestly say the only area I can cut back on is staff wages but even if I eliminate my whole staff, I'd have lost £26m for the year. Doing all my transfers since Jan 1st season onwards over 48mths just to lessen the strain on my balance. After finishing 3rd, I have entry into the Champions League groups so I'm hoping that can assist financially.

I can't seem to sign any of your suggested signings.

Not even the likes of Dominguez, Kameni and Javi Martinez?

I can only think that it is a reputation issue; once you achieve qualification to European football, I'm sure most of my rcommended targets would happily join the mighty force of Malaga! :D

Seriously?

That may mean that SI have given Malaga a 'Background Sugardaddy'!? If that is the case... :mad:

Is anyone priviledged enough to be able to pop onto the FM12 Editor and chack? Another possible explanation is that the board are attempting to fight off the club's debt henceforth lowering the club's transfer budgets for a season or two? I hope that is the case rather than a background sugardaddy which allows you to have success but, once success is achieved, the chairman [Al-Thani in Malaga's case] won't pump as much money into the club...

Much appreciated if someone does find out :thup:

Seriously?

That may mean that SI have given Malaga a 'Background Sugardaddy'!? If that is the case... :mad:

Is anyone priviledged enough to be able to pop onto the FM12 Editor and chack? Another possible explanation is that the board are attempting to fight off the club's debt henceforth lowering the club's transfer budgets for a season or two? I hope that is the case rather than a background sugardaddy which allows you to have success but, once success is achieved, the chairman [Al-Thani in Malaga's case] won't pump as much money into the club...

Much appreciated if someone does find out :thup:

Sometimes I wonder where my income is going...certainly not on the books ;)

Did a search on the forums... check http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/280260-List-of-all-Sugar-Daddy-Clubs?highlight=sugar+daddy

Acidburn's post has a list of all the sugardaddy teams...Malaga is background.

Archived