[FM2012] FMUpdates England Levels 7 & 8 - Southern, Isthmian & Northern Leagues *Out Now*

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm really enjoying your database at the moment with Sutton Coldfield Town in Evo-Stick First division South. My first season started badly but we recovered and ended up finishing sixth, Narrowly missing out on the play-offs.

The game switched me to the Southern Central division for the 2012/13 season where I have dominated, 14 points clear with ten games to go. I've not quite managed to crack the cups yet but hopefully next season. :D

Thanks for putting in all this effort into a wonderful database.

Any news on going down to level nine? I would love to be able to play as my local side Gresley FC.

im still playing with the original database..with the first save i started using it! haha hitting 2030 now with radcliffe borough :) thank you for the hardwork! best databse ever made for sure!

im still playing with the original database..with the first save i started using it! haha hitting 2030 now with radcliffe borough :) thank you for the hardwork! best databse ever made for sure!

Thanks, comments like these make the work worthwhile!

I'm really enjoying your database at the moment with Sutton Coldfield Town in Evo-Stick First division South. My first season started badly but we recovered and ended up finishing sixth, Narrowly missing out on the play-offs.

The game switched me to the Southern Central division for the 2012/13 season where I have dominated, 14 points clear with ten games to go. I've not quite managed to crack the cups yet but hopefully next season. :D

Thanks for putting in all this effort into a wonderful database.

Any news on going down to level nine? I would love to be able to play as my local side Gresley FC.

Thanks again. As for level 9 it is something I'd like to do (I've mentioned it before) but it has to be done right and that would take a lot of time, which right now none of us have. As it stands I'll only be able to provide bug fixes when they appear.

There was a bug reported before regarding the TV money for the FA Cup, which I do not believe can be fixed.

Fantastic work, I've decided to start a save with the County Cups to add more realism. Two questions though, is this compatible with 12.2.2, and is it still possible to run other nations alongside (I want to use UK and Ireland)

Fantastic work, I've decided to start a save with the County Cups to add more realism. Two questions though, is this compatible with 12.2.2, and is it still possible to run other nations alongside (I want to use UK and Ireland)

read post #2

One minor thing I noticed. The play-off dates for the Northern Premier are wrong. Game currently has the semi taking place on the Thursday after the final league games, with final Monday after.

It should the the semi being nominally scheduled for the Tuesday (actually hosted on the clubs nominated midweek match day e.g. Ilkeston of D1 South hosted Sheffield on the Monday, Carlton's against Leek was Wednesday but doubt you can set that), with the final on the Saturday afternoon.

Premier Division play-offs are happening later this year due to the farrago with Vics and their appeal only being heard last Tuesday.

Otherwise seems pretty awesome.

Actually, having just checked, the semi dates are working properly regarding designated midweek match days (so they're takin gplace on the Tuesday mostly), though presumably the date should be changed to Tuesday in case a team doesn't have a designated day.

Two other minor things. Marine aren't being entered into the Liverpool Senior Cup which I believe they enter ever season. Certainly did this year.

Everton on the other hand should only be entered into the Liverpool Senior Cup. Whilst we have previously entered the Lancs Senior Cup, I don't believe we have in a good few decades now. Liverpool have in recent years but skipped both the LSC and LaSC this year.

• 3 weeks later...
hi i need some help i just downloaded this when the pop up thing come up i tick change box then the file is know where it be seen when i click what leagues i want it still ant there could some one help me please

Make sure after you download the file that you move it to the right folder:

Levels 7 & 8 League Activation **PLEASE READ & FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS**

1. Extract the .dbc file "v6.21 FMUpdates FM2012 England Levels 7 & 8" to the Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\editor data folder in your My Documents (PC) / Documents (MAC) folder. If there is no 'editor data' folder then please create one and copy the folder into it.2. Load FM2012

3. Select ‘Preferences’ and go to the ‘Display/Sound’ tab. UNTICK use skin cache. TICK ‘Always Reload Skin on Confirm’

4. When completed, leave preferences and ‘Start A New Game’

5. In the dialog window that pops up, TICK the change box.

6. Select the LATEST file (v6.21) in the list, if not already. Deselect ALL OLD VERSIONS!

7. Start a new game as normal, selecting FM2012 defeault database and select level 8 (English Regional First Divisions) as the lowest active league.

8. Select 'Add Key Staff' and 'Add Key Players to Active Teams'.

9. Ensure 'Use Real Fixtures When Available' is ticked.

10. Select 'Custom Database' and ensure you add 'Load All Players Based in England'

Sorry guys. First post here so don't berate me!

Just a couple of quick questions. I've gotten a team from the Isthmian D1S to the BSS, but in the last season I had and this current season, I can't select just the league fixtures, as it will only filter by D1S fixtures. Is there a fix for this at all (perhaps getting rid of the lower leagues, which I will try at the end of the season).

Also, is there a way to disable county cups as you progress up the league? Or getting your reserve team to play them as your progress?

Thanks lads.

Sorry guys. First post here so don't berate me!

Just a couple of quick questions. I've gotten a team from the Isthmian D1S to the BSS, but in the last season I had and this current season, I can't select just the league fixtures, as it will only filter by D1S fixtures. Is there a fix for this at all (perhaps getting rid of the lower leagues, which I will try at the end of the season).

Also, is there a way to disable county cups as you progress up the league? Or getting your reserve team to play them as your progress?

Thanks lads.

First time I have heard of a problem with filtering fixtures. I'll have a look into it.

Regarding county cups, if you remove the regional divisions (back to BSB N/S) the county cups will become inactive.

First time I have heard of a problem with filtering fixtures. I'll have a look into it.

Regarding county cups, if you remove the regional divisions (back to BSB N/S) the county cups will become inactive.

It seems now to have majestically fixed itself, however when I got promoted from D1S to Isthmian Prem it wouldn't let me filter just the Isthmian Prem matches.

Any changes to the leagues being added/removed take place on a specific date usually in June, so it should not matter when you make the leagues inactive.

so just change it when it as soon is i gain promotion if i do

Have you ensured that you followed these steps?

1. Extract the .dbc file "v6.21 FMUpdates FM2012 England Levels 7 & 8" to the Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\editor data folder in your My Documents (PC) / Documents (MAC) folder. If there is no 'editor data' folder then please create one and copy the folder into it.2. Load FM2012

3. Select ‘Preferences’ and go to the ‘Display/Sound’ tab. UNTICK use skin cache. TICK ‘Always Reload Skin on Confirm’

6. Select the LATEST file (v6.21) in the list, if not already. Deselect ALL OLD VERSIONS!

7. Start a new game as normal, selecting FM2012 defeault database and select level 8 (English Regional First Divisions) as the lowest active league.

10. Select 'Custom Database' and ensure you add 'Load All Players Based in England'

Also could you confirm your setup and which season this happens in? Thanks.

The only other file I have enabled is a tiny one I made myself to change the names of a couple competitions. I'm hardly an FM whiz but I find it hard to believe something so insignificant could have such a game-breaking effect.

In any case I have just created a new save, ensuring my setup was correct this time, and holidayed to the 2nd Qualifying Round, and Premier League clubs are still being drawn into it.

Just downloaded this but when wanting to select a team, there's no Northern Premier League, i.e. below the Conference North. The regional leagues below it are there but, as with the Southern Premier, step three appears to be missing.

I'm also using Weegie update and the competition names etc DBCs.

Just downloaded this but when wanting to select a team, there's no Northern Premier League, i.e. below the Conference North. The regional leagues below it are there but, as with the Southern Premier, step three appears to be missing.

I'm also using Weegie update and the competition names etc DBCs.

That's the cause of the problem.

Any idea on how to remedy the fixture filtering issue? I'm now in League One with Maidstone United but I can't filter the fixtures so I can just see the League One fixtures. This also happens with the JPT games. The created league have been removed now, and when I got promoted from the Ryman leagues to the Blue Square leagues it did the same thing at first but then rectified itself.

Other than that I've really enjoyed this addon, and it's of a great quality. Great stuff.

FMUpdates England Levels 7 & 8 - Southern, Isthmian & Northern Leagues

FMUpdates.png

As Uncle Ron has mentioned the England Levels 7 & 8 expansion will be released under the FMUpdates umbrella.

You can register on the FMUpdates forum to receive the latest information on our releases. Just click on the logo.

We will always post a direct link to the download on this thread and we will not force you to download through the FMUpdates forum.

v6.4 IS NOW AVAILABLE!

This release is now available in two versions - one with County Cups and one without.

Version 6.4 for FM2012 Database 12.2.0 ONLY - DOWNLOAD HERE***By downloading this file you agree not to re-release it or host it in its original form, or in any edited form, without first seeking and obtaining our express prior permission - this includes redistribution of this file in 'Megapacks'***

Version 6.4 for FM2012 Database 12.2.0 ONLY *WITH COUNTY CUPS DISABLED* - DOWNLOAD HERE***By downloading this file you agree not to re-release it or host it in its original form, or in any edited form, without first seeking and obtaining our express prior permission - this includes redistribution of this file in 'Megapacks'***

Version 6.4 is compatible with the latest FM2012 Database (12.2.0) and the latest FM2012 Version (12.2.2) only. Later versions will not be supported until tested however minor versions will usually be fine.

The default version has active County Cups when Level 7 is active in the game. Once you make Level 7 inactive the cups will not be playable until Level 7 is activated again.

See the bottom of this post for the complete changelist.

Levels 7 & 8 League Activation **PLEASE READ & FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS**

1. Extract the .dbc file "v6.4 FMUpdates FM2012 England Levels 7 & 8" to the Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\editor data folder in your My Documents (PC) / Documents (MAC) folder. If there is no 'editor data' folder then please create one and copy the folder into it.2. Load FM2012

6. Select the LATEST file (v6.4) in the list, if not already. Deselect ALL OLD VERSIONS!

This file is not save game compatible and requires a new game to be started.

You may experience issues because you are loading other editor .xml or .dbc files that are causing a conflict. If you are having problems then please:

1. Delete everything in the 'editor data' folder.

2. Download the latest v6.4 file

3. Extract the .dbc v6.4 FMU FM2012 England Levels 7 and 8 file to the 'editor data' folder

4. Start a new game as per the league activation instructions

Media Instructions

Thanks to daniellewis_789 for allowing us to include his excellent media update in our release, including an exclusive media update for the new competitions added as part of our league expansion.

1. Extract the .dbc file "v7.3 FMUpdates FM2012 British Journalists & Media" to the Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\editor data folder in your My Documents (PC) / Documents (MAC) folder. If there is no 'editor data' folder then please create one and copy the folder into it.

2. Load FM2012

6. Select the LATEST file (v7.3) in the list, if not already. Deselect ALL OLD VERSIONS!

7. Start a new game as normal

This file is not save game compatible and requires a new game to be started.

FAQ

* Can you explain the English Non-league system?

The BBC Sport website has an excellent guide to how the English non-league system operates - LINK

This file includes levels 1 to 8 activated, which is down to step 4 in the English Non-League pyramid:

Capture3.png

* Why is my team in the Northern Premier League, shouldn't they be in the Isthmian League?

One of the qwerks of the English non league steps is how much change there is every season. This all depends on which teams are selected for promotion from Level 9 that may not easily fit into the regional geography of Levels 7 and 8. For Football Manager this is a problem as whilst rules have been set for each league and the vast majority of teams, unfortunately you can't programme common sense into the data editor. On the rare occasion you may find a team sorted into the wrong division, be rest assured that when the first opportunity arises to place them back into their correct division the game will sort them correctly.

* Why do I need to add All Key Staff?

I recommend you tick 'Add key staff'. That way all the staff you need, i.e. a physio and assistant manager will be generated for the clubs where there is not one set in the database.

* Is this release compatible with my save game?

As with all other editor data files, this release is not save game compatible.

* Are you planning on providing a data update for these teams so they have the correct players and staff etc?

This is not a player data update, no players have been added or their stats amended and I have no intention of adding this information.

* What is the rulebook?

The editor is limited in what match and competition rules can be input. As an example, clubs in Levels 7 and 8 are only permitted to give a player a contract, known as League Forms, for one playing season only.

I've reviewed the Isthmian, Southern and Northern League Handbooks and Rules and I have devised a simple rule book for gamers to follow (if they wish) to help make playing these leagues more realistic. The Rulebook PDF is combined within the file download.

* There's something wrong with your file/I'd like to help you with this release, where do I go?

If you want to help with this project and others please check out FMUpdates.com.

Finally, Please Note:

By downloading this file you agree to not re-release it or host it in its original form, or in any edited form, without first seeking and obtaining express prior permission from FMUpdates.com - this includes redistribution of this file in 'Megapacks'. Please PM me if you wish to discuss link the download to your site.

Changelist:

Version 6.4 | Released 22nd June 2012

eng_fa_trophy_v17: Changed date of rounds for 2012/13 season onwards
eng_reg_prm_division_v18: Changed number of clubs from 22 to 24 for 2013/14 season onwards
eng_reg_first_division_v21: Changed number of clubs in Isthmian leagues from 22 to 24 for 2013/14 season onwards
eng_reg_first_division_v22: Changed number of teams being promoted to Step 3 to 3 teams for 2012/13 season to accomodate changes in teams for subsequent season
eng_fa_trophy_v18: Changed number of teams entered for 2013/14 season onwards
eng_v130: Changed number of teams entered for 2013/14 season onwards in the FA Cup and other league cups

Version 6.21 | Released 20th March 2012

eng_fa_trophy_v16: Fixed bug with incorrect teams in 2011/12 season

Version 6.2 | Released 8th March 2012

eng_v129: Fixed file for compatibility with 12.2.0 database
eng_fa_trophy_v15: Fixed file for compatibility with 12.2.0 database
eng_reg_first_division_v20: Fixed file for compatibility with 12.2.0 database
eng_league_cup_data: Added some Team Cup Histories in the League Cup

Version 6.12 | Released 7th December 2011

eng_v128: Changed Transfer Window settings to reflect SI's transfer settings
eng_city_data_v2: Removed Competition Coordinates changes which caused strange league movements
eng_fa_cup_data: Added 5 years of Team Cup Histories in the FA Cup
eng_charity_data: Added complete Community Shield History
eng_reg_first_division_v19: Fixed Playoff issue where teams were seeded in a draw instead of facing fixed teams
eng_reg_prm_division_v17: Fixed Playoff issue where teams were seeded in a draw instead of facing fixed teams

Version 6.11 | Released 22nd November 2011

eng_v127: Fixed the Devon St. Lukes County Cup issue where Man Utd entered the cup

Version 6.1 | Released 15th November 2011

eng_v124: Updated all County Cups where possible to reflect changes for 2011/12 season
eng_v124: Enabled County Cups
eng_v125: Fixed issue where Bromsgrove Rovers and Ilkeston Town were not extinct
eng_v126: Fixed the County Cups of those that were showing in the comp error log file.
eng_reg_prm_division_v16: Added Real Life Fixtures for 2011/12

Version 6.0 | Released 28th October 2011

eng_prm: deleted FM2011 Version
eng_first: deleted FM2011 Version
eng_second: deleted FM2011 Version
eng_third_v2: deleted FM2011 Version
eng_conf_v2: deleted FM2011 Version
eng_con2_region_v1: deleted FM2011 Version
eng_reg_prm_division_v11: Added relegation rules to divisions
eng_reg_first_division_v13: Added relegation rules to divisions
eng_reg_first_division_v13: Added 21 team Southern League South/West for 2011 season with 1 relegation place
eng_v110: Disabled County FA Cups to allow league structure to be tested
eng_reg_first_v2: Activated FM2012 version of file
eng_county_v1: Activated FM2012  version of file
eng_county_division_v1: Activated FM2012  version of file
eng_reg_config_v6: Activated FM2012 version of file
eng_fa_trophy_v6: Activated FM2012 version of file
eng_fa_trophy_v7: Create 265 team FA Trophy for 2011/12 season following withdrawal of Andover
eng_v111: 71 team Southern League Cup created for 2011
eng_v112: Reviewed 2011/12 FA Cup for early club participation due to withdrawal of Andover
eng_v113: Rules 3 Football League - Minumum homegrown players from nation changed from 4 to 6
eng_v113: Rules 3 Football League - Removed Minimum homegrown players from nation in squad (10 player rule no longer applies)
eng_reg_prm_division_v12: Added Matches Won into Isthmian League sorting rules @ no.3
eng_reg_first_division_v14: Added Matches Won into Isthmian League sorting rules @ no.3
eng_reg_config_v7: Revised names of Southern Leagues and references
eng_reg_config_v7: Revised names of Northern Leagues and references
eng_reg_config_v7: Revised names of Isthmian Leagues and references
eng_reg_config_v7: Revised names of Southern League awards
eng_reg_prm_division_v13: Moved start of Southern Premier to 13/08/11 and end to 28/04/12 for 2011 season, plus amended play-off dates
eng_ref_first_division_v15: Moved start of Southern Div One to 13/08/11 and end to 28/04/12 for 2011 season, plus amended play-off dates
eng_v114: Added 2010 competition histories for Northern Premier League cups
eng_v114: Peter Swales Shield qualfiers = Premier Division Champion v Chairmans Cup Winner
eng_v114: Added 2010 competition histories for Isthmian League cups
eng_v114: Added 2010 competition histories for Southern League cups
eng_v115: Set runner up from Chairmans Cup to qualify to Peter Swales Sheild if other qualifyer is same team
eng_v116: Removed U14 regens
eng_v116: Added TV move date for FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round and some extra dates for first 3 rounds
eng_club_data_v3: Deleted failed club changes
eng_county_data_v2: Deleted failed club changes
eng_v117: Deleted Failed Club Changes
eng_v117: Moved Promoted L10 clubs to L9
eng_v118: Added Series Rule "Players Cup Tied If Not Signed Before First Match" to round default
eng_v119: Added fixture dates for FA Cup
eng_v119: Amended draw dates for FA Cup
eng_v119: Added Squad Registration Rules for L7&8
eng_v119: Changed Draw Date for first 3 round of the FA Cup
eng_fa_trophy_v9: Added fixture dates for FA Trophy
eng_fa_trophy_v9: Amended draw dates
eng_fa_trophy_v9: Changed Draw Date for first 2 rounds
eng_fa_trophy_v10: Added Series Rule "Players Cup Tied If Not Signed Before First Match" to round default
eng_fa_trophy_v11: Moved Final date to 19th May 2001 from 2012/2013 season
eng_reg_prm_division_v14: Deleted 2010 Fixtures and 2010 versions of leagues
eng_reg_first_division_v16: Deleted 2010 Fixtures and 2010 versions of leagues
eng_reg_first_division_v17: Removed break periods from League Schedule
eng_fa_trophy_v12: Enabled dynamic final dates from 2012/2013 season
eng_v120: Fixed incorrect base date year for 19th May FA Cup final
eng_v121: Removed squad registration and for L7 and 8, altered squad selection rules to remove duplication
eng_fa_trophy_v13: Added 'Fixture Dates' to Preliminary, 1st Qualifying, 2nd Qualifying, 3rd Qualifying and Final to avoid clashes with early FA Cup Rounds and FA Cup finals in even seasons
eng_reg_prm_division_v15: Fixed end dates for Southern League Premier Division for 2011 season
eng_reg_config_v8: Fixed names of Northern and Southern leagues
eng_reg_rivals_v1: Added missing rivals for all Levels 7 and 8 teams
eng_fa_trophy_v14: All qualifying rounds set as 'high domestic cup fixture priority'
eng_v122: All qualifying rounds set as 'high domestic cup fixture priority'
eng_v123: Renamed some cup names to the current sponsored name
eng_v123: Fixed issue where some cups loaded up when the game did not load down to the required level
eng_v123: Enabled the deferring of the Evo-Stik President's Cup for 1 season, meaning no cup in 2011/12 but works as normal from 2012/13

Another great update and superb work by everyone. I needed a new little game to play for a while. I think I've just got an addiction to the term 'promotion', and enjoy being able to do it numerous times over.

Oh, and if anyone else wants to know a little more about the league structure, have a look here. I tried to create the system in an understandable way.

Archived