FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just got into February scored 10 goals in the league in january didnt conceded any goals in the 4 games i played managed to keep hold of Lucas and Coates. Luis has got 21 goals in 23 league games after scoring a tap in against man city in a 2-0 win, and amazingly i have cut the deficit at the top of table i am now only 3 points off top spot.

I got sacked in my first Liverpool save even though I was only 7 points behind 1st place.

Started a new save this morning and Suarez got injured again with a broken foot and will be out for 4 month. This has happened in both Liverpool saves I have played.

just started my first game on 2012. no ins or outs yet, but if i can get rod of skrtel that would be ace.

first game of the season was at home against everton! i was a bit worried about it with gerrard, downing and bellamy out. also my team are still getting used to the 4231. dont know what i did wrong on the team talks, but half my team was nervous during the match. turned into a dull 0-0, think i only managed one shot on goal.....

need to step it up. winning 1-0 at villa now on game 2. great first half it was too, 58% possession, 12 shots to their 0!

Have had a play about experimenting and now started my Liverpool career.

Just finished 1st season and won the league - 89 pts - 3 clear of man u and spurs and the league cup. No major moves in the first year - only signed Diego Costa but he never really settled and hasn't played too well so far.

played a 4-3-1-2 with short-slow passing and marauding full backs.

top scorers were Stevie G. and Kuyt who scored some big goals down the stretch.

Saurez wasn't scoring but got 15 assists, Carrol done OK but broke his leg in Jan.

Did sign Yarmilenko in Jan - and he got a couple of key goals too but was mostly a squad player.

Now trying to trim the wage bill and move on some high earners.

Reina

Johnson-Coates-Agger-Enrique

Downing-Lucas-Adam

Stevie G

Suarez-Carrol

Henderson done OK subbing for downing, Kuyt done well covering for Carrol.

Carra played a bit too but Coates and Agger were formidable once they settled.

Next up Champions League !!

Alright mate how's the save going ? Am enjoying my Shakhtar save too much at the moment to go on my Liverpool save
I started a new game in march of season 1 atm signed Willian to come in at the start of season 2

Hey everyone! Havnt been round for awhile, but picked up FM12 last week and am loving it !

Came 2nd in my first season 9 points behind City (After sitting 15th then going on a run of 18wins) Saved my season!

Second season im looking for some one who can cover bother Lucas (BWM) and Adam (DLP). Am struggling to think of anyone, but dont want someone who will cost a fortune!

Braught Cavani in first season, absolute beast! Brang in Affaley on loan in January but didnt do much!

Have just got rid of Carrol, Maxi, Jones and Doni. And got Lavezzi plus a couple of youngsters.

Also im in need of a decent young back up for Pepe, tried for Stegen but he opted for Porto which was a pain!

my save is starting out well. after a 0-0 to everton i beat 4 teams all 2-0. the team are slowly getting used to the 4-2-3-1 we're playing. the last game was remarkable though, beat the mancs 3-0 at their place! a fantastic adam freekick from 30 yards out and a long shot. then pepe made a double point blank save to keep the lead. rafael had been fouling suarez all game and was on a yellow, so i set passing through the left flank and had suarez make more runs. after another three fouls rafael finally got sent off and i saw out the game and scored another goal in the proces. best result so far!

arsenal up next

What happens with Liverpool financially? I've just got to October in season 1, but the balance is now down to £8.5M (and steadily falling).

I think I'll be well and truly into the red within a few months and it's kinda worrying. Do I need to sell players in December? I only signed one player in summer (Anthony Vanden Borre for £350k) so still have most of the original Transfer budget.

We've won every game so far and things are generally going really well but the financial status is a concern.

8 games played, 7 won still no goals conceded. only scored 14 goals though.

gerrard, maxi & downing all out till the end of the year, i brought sterling into the first team as a sub. he hasn't had any game time yet though.

i'm also in october and made 7 million loss last month. with a balance of 4 million i should be broke in december...

What happens with Liverpool financially? I've just got to October in season 1, but the balance is now down to £8.5M (and steadily falling).

I think I'll be well and truly into the red within a few months and it's kinda worrying. Do I need to sell players in December? I only signed one player in summer (Anthony Vanden Borre for £350k) so still have most of the original Transfer budget.

We've won every game so far and things are generally going really well but the financial status is a concern.

You'll be ok, at the end of the season you'll get a load of money, if you get in the top four & don't spend anything you'll end up with about £40million plus balance sheet for the year.

What formation is everyone playing?

Im doing great with this if anyone wants any pointers:

2 up front (P-A, AF-A).

2 on the wings (IF-A, W-A)

2 in the centre (CM-A, CM-D),

4 at the back (FB-Auto, CD-D, CD-D, FB-Auto)

What players do you play in which postition?

Leandro Damiao just picked up an 8month injury. :(

I guess he is ruined now? The injuries on this years game seem to absolutely butcher the player's abilities.

I have found in all may saves so far I have terrible run of injuries in the first season and after that things have seemed to be quite normal. On new Liverpool save now in late November and Suarez out for 3 months Damiao only 1 month, Bellemy for 4 months, Adam for the season and for my next game at Arsenal I have no central midfield fit..............closed save down to sleep on it and see what I can come up with tomorrow lol

bestregens.png

My assistant is 20/20 on judging ability/potential so hopefully the future is bright :)

You should be a bit worried that most of your strikers are poacher.

They don't really contribute to the team much.

Also, 4 young strikers is a bit too many, they might not get enough time to develop.

Archived