FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

There seems to be a lack of talent at right and left backs. Anybody had any successes? I seem to be looking at decent 21/22 year olds but would cost me £15m. Not paying that so I have stuck with Kelly and Flanaghan at rb and Enrique and Robinson at lb.

Diego Renan at Cruzeiro isnt a bad option either, plus he's a handy LB/LWB as well, so you get cover for both flanks from him.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started my Liverpool save buying into the hype that is 'Willian' didn't really see much from him AMR. My formation is now as follows;

Flat back four

1 Defensive midfielder in Lucas who holds solid but for some reason loves to distribute killer balls to the wing.

2 CM's in which i have Adams who is scoring some absolute crackers as well as solidly performing at 7.2's. The second centre midfielder is Willian. He's not credited with many assists or goals. 5 starts, 1 goal and 3 assists.

an AMR & AML & a striker.

The midfield three, but mainly Adam's and Willian seem to be pairing together perfectly.

Would be £23m at start of season 3

If you don't want to pay big money, pay attention to which team get relegated in top leagues, maybe you get lucky.

Send scouts all over Europe, especially Central, Ukraine and Russia.

Use the search filter to find players based on recommendations.

Search for attributes, don't limit yourself to positions.

A lot of great players can be made by re-positioning them.

Also, Lucas can be retrained into a brilliant RB.

January transfer window season 2

Made 10 signings in total, 1 for the first team being pedro who was on the transfer list at barcelona!, 9 regens came in, a dc with 5 star potential, left winger 4.5*, gk 4.5*,two dr 4*, dm 4*, mc 4*, dl 3.5* and a st 3.5*

i sold carroll for 15m and loaned downing out but hoping to sell at the end of season, still cant get rid of cole or aquilani

Hi all, just started what i hope will be a long career with LFC, started with the no transfer budget in 1st window to make it more realistic so not much transfer activity!! Just wondering whats formation n tatics do ppl use?? Different against the 'mbigger teams'?? Help would b gratefully recieved!! Thanks

Good start to the league in season 1.

1-0 Swansea

3-0 man city

2-0 tottenham

2-1 bolton

2-2 fulham

sitting 3rd in the league but man utd (who are first) had an easy start and wolves (2nd) will fall off eventually.

Season 2 finished

Premier League Winners - managed to pip arsenal in the last 2 games to finish first.

FA Cup Winners Easy run to the final where i beat ipswich 3-1

League Cup Winners another easy run to the final beating fulham 5-1 in the final

Europa League Runners up lost 3-2 to twente after Extra time, i made 8 changes to my first team for the final, i had 3 games in 6 days the other 2 being games in the premier league that if i won, then the league title was mine.

Star Players - Jordan Henderson! 54 games 11 goals and 25 assists made the AMR spot his own mainly ran the show every time he played

Yaya Sanogo - the reason i sold andy carroll 33 games (22 sub apps) 24 goals and 8 assists scored more goals than suarez!

Sebastian Coates 44 games 5 goals 5 assists Avg rating of 7.50, him and kelly are a rock at centre halves together

Really good season, onto season 3 now

Starting season 2:

GK: Reina, Doni.

RB: Johnson, Romario (£12M), Flanagan

LB: Enrique, Robinson

CB: Agger, Skrtel, Carra, Coates, Wilson, Kelly, Wisdom

CM: Lucas, Adam, Aqua, Henderson, Shevley

AMR: Kuyt, Salvio (£5.25), Cole, Sterling

AMC: Gerrard, Greizmann (£21M), Suso

AML: Di Maria (£18M), Downing, Bellamy

ST: Suarez, Tevez (£18M), Pacheco

Still have a couple of million to spend, paid most ot the transfer fees over 48 months, great for the release fees.

Wanna get the top earners off my bill; Cole, Doni.

Then move Griezmann to the left side, sell Downing and buy Augero for his £40M release fee.

Might sell Johnson and buy Walker, cause of his long throw ability.

Started a Liverpool save:

Playing 4-2-2-2 (442 with two wingers (role: inside fwds) pushed up one step

Controversial transfers (mixed upfront and 48 months)

In:

Hamsik 27M

Llorente 27M

Nainggolan 14M

G Ramirez 9M (Bologna)

Mandanda 11M

McArthur (Wigan) 5M

Out:

Reina 23.5 M (Inter)

Lucas Leiva 17M (Arsenal)

F Aurelio 2.2M

Bellamy 950k loan Aston Villa

Skrtel 10M Juve

Maxi 4.3M Sevilla

Ngoo, Eccleston and Coady small fees

All summer I tried to get Tevez; In the beginning they accepted a straight swap for Reina but I couldnt agree personal terms with Tevez. Later I got a 20M + Adorjan accepted but still the contract wasn't accepted by the greedy as f*** agent. In August I got a straight swap for Agger accepted but again we were unable to agree on a contract.

I have started the 11/12 season brightly by only losing points to Man City 2-5 away, Arsenal 1-1 away, Wolves 0-0 home, Aston Villa 0-0 away. I am in the semis in the League cup (Bolton).

Best players: Hamsik at AML (inside fwd, scores a lot), Llorente (target man, scores a lot 1on1 etc), Mandanda (sweeper keeper). Adam and Suarez have done well too, with Adam thundering in two freekicks from 40 meters or so. Coates is 100% in the first eleven and is steady as ocean line cruiser.

Disappointing players (so far): Carroll (not involved a lot in games, bleak in comparison to similar player type Llorente), Gerrard (Physical stas declining, injuries and not so dominant), Henderson (grumpy, refuses tutoring from two player including Kuyt, not involved in much when he plays), Downing (statwise and on the pitch just not good enough).

I have a question for the FM12 Liverpool veterans; the wages and average-ness of Downing, Henderson and Carroll must surely make them a nightmare to sell. Any advice and thoughts on the future of these three players and how to flog them would be greatly appreciated!

YNWA

I have a question for the FM12 Liverpool veterans; the wages and average-ness of Downing, Henderson and Carroll must surely make them a nightmare to sell. Any advice and thoughts on the future of these three players and how to flog them would be greatly appreciated!

YNWA

Henderson is the easiest of the three to sell. I ended up stuck with Downing until his contract expired, Carroll is sellable but expect to take a big loss 15-20m is the best you'll get.

edit: I think I got roughly 10m for Henderson. If you want shot of them its easier the earlier you try offering them out, I'd recommend trying at the end of season one and maybe even the first January with Andy.

Second season - teams form has slumped badly. No-one is performing and I'm in the bottom half of the table. 6 games: 3W and 3L. However, if I win my game in hand, I go from 14th to 7th and as some teams have played 2 more games than me (other teams have 1 more) I would be in the top 6-7. Still, no-one is performing but Stevie is back and should help us perform I hope. I'm top of my CL group by 3 points after 2 games. Got Inter back to back to now. Need to win atleast one of them to stand a chance of finishing top.

Selling Downing to Arsenal for £15m over 48 months with me paying him £23.5k per week. But I'm only selling him coz I'm getting A.Johnson from City for less than £5m and he's only gonna be on 30k a week so still saving approx 30k per week, even though I'm only on 1.3m spending on wages.

Season 3

Team

Gk Reina

Dr Walker/Flanagan

Dc Kelly/Wilson

Dc Coates/Viacava (5* potential regen)

Dl Enrique/Robinson

Mc Lucas/Tiote

Amr Henderson/Sterling

Amc Nainggolan/Shelvey

Aml Pedro/Suso

St Suarez/Andersen

St Paloschi/Sanogo

Sold kuyt, coady and loaned downing out

gerrard is still around but will be used sparingly as id rather give the younger players game time

at the moment the youth facilities are being upgraded and an extra 9000 seats are being added, anybody had any success in the getting the youth recruitment upgraded? they have just upgraded mine but its stayed at established :s

flanagan just won his first cap for england whilst him,lucas and henderson all signed long term deals

anyone got any advice on the best way to play carrol? im playing him as a target man played to head but he`s very inconsistant for me? im playing suarez as an advanced forward and he`s scoring quite alot are u guys finding this the best position for him also??

anyone got any advice on the best way to play carrol? im playing him as a target man played to head but he`s very inconsistant for me? im playing suarez as an advanced forward and he`s scoring quite alot are u guys finding this the best position for him also??

At risk of offending people who have him scoring consistently, you'll have to have him corner banging. If your corner setup is based on using him at near/far post he'll likely get about 10 a season from corners and as a result he'll spend more time 'playing well' i.e. 7+ rating based on having scored. He'll get a fair few from open play as a result and his form/morale will be more steady.

The same principle applies to the corner taker, a pretty average player like Downing/Henderson will get a good average rating if you use him as corner taker.

hmm got him standing on far post i do tend to agree with what your saying but wondering how people are getting him scoring consistantly, because of his height i`d assume target man is his best role? i might try deep forward and see if that gets results

hmm got him standing on far post i do tend to agree with what your saying but wondering how people are getting him scoring consistantly, because of his height i`d assume target man is his best role? i might try deep forward and see if that gets results

I used to play him target/support in a 442 or poacher as a lone striker. His build up play is rubbish, so maybe target/attack would have been better. There aren't too many goals to be scored from crosses and generally they are sliding finishes rather than headers. I just think its too much of a hassle to get him scoring and if you can get him doing well then just think what a better striker would be doing with the chances you create :)

Beat Inter both games. 2-0 away and 5-2 at home - Canales showed his sheer class - 2 assists and 2 goals. Gonna sign him up for the agreed 11.5m me thinks.

I'm top with 12 points in my group, next 2 teams have 4 and Inter have 3 points haha. I've qualified with 2 games left.

Well done Double K!

I've started late & am only in febuary of my first season of my first game,

I've brought in Joe Lewis as sub keeper for 500k at 10k a week selling Doni for £2m.

Having major problems with injures but have managed to get into 3rd in the league, think city have got that wrapped up but I'm right in behind Spurs

I've also signed Eriksen from Ajax has looked good in the hole behind Carroll with Suarez in and around the place. He was only £7.5m

William has also been signed but hasn't played too well but was pretty much a swap with Maxi as he was only £6.5m & Maxi went to Juventus for £6m

Sold a few others here & there

Conor Coady has send the season on loan at Forest and has done very well so he may force his way into the side. Jon Flanagan & Jack Robinson have also been at Forest and done well, but nothing to make me think they could be doing anything for us just yet.

sackthescouts.png

Right now I feel like sacking my entire scouting team. I've been searching for this kind of centre mid for at least 3 seasons and they only tip me off after he goes to Barca and becomes virtually un-signable.

edit:

I think this is one area where the game falls down. There is no way a player like this could go under the radar the media would be all over it, instead all I get get is constant spam about Messi being player of the year.

sackthescouts.png

Right now I feel like sacking my entire scouting team. I've been searching for this kind of centre mid for at least 3 seasons and they only tip me off after he goes to Barca and becomes virtually un-signable.

edit:

I think this is one area where the game falls down. There is no way a player like this could go under the radar the media would be all over it, instead all I get get is constant spam about Messi being player of the year.

I think you have to be subscribed to the league in question to get stuff like team of the week or so.

Archived