FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

Nice! I look forward to seeing how you got on.

I've always been a fan of the 4-4-2, and I hope to get back to it in the future, especially utilising Andy Caroll for the flick ons. As you say, United do very well with it. Hernandez in particular seems to thrive.

Its not just him, their wingers seem to be insane on it, and unless they come up against City I've yet to see them not scoring at least 3 goals a game in the premier league. Kinda annoying ahahaha

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you have a winger with good pace, crossing and dribbling in any sort of team, they will tear most teams apart. Seriously, Downing and Bellamy racked up 30 assists between them and I only got up to March.

Started season 3. I have some major squad issues, in that I have too many good players to squeeze into the team! Beat United in the Community Shield 3-1 on penalties after a 0-0. De Gea appears to have reached 'super keeper' status. First game of the season was Man City at Anfield, and they were comfortably dispatched 2-0. Second game was away to Norwich. I DOMINATED from start to finish, but only had a Suarez goal to show for it with 5 minutes left. Obviously they went up the other end and Bradley Johnson scored a late equaliser. Gutting! But only for 2 mins, because I brought on my new Mexican striker and he nodded in the winner in the 93rd minute! I've drawn Hull in the league cup at Anfield, so my squad players will be getting a run out. My CL group is nice. Valencia, PSV and someone I can't remember off the top of my head. Just beaten PSV 2-0 away. Christian Eriksen with a goal and an assist, straight after asking for more game time. Glad I listened when he told me he was good enough! I also won the Euro Super Cup by beating Chelsea. This time it was Cech's turn to become 'super keeper'. I eventually beat him in the 108th minute thanks to Danny Wilson nodding in Charlie Adam's corner. That's where I'm at. The unbeaten streak has stretched to 72 games. It's not gonna last much longer!

Hi. Recently started a Liverpool game on FM12 after playing them on FM11 until now.

Have always been using the classic tactis but on FM12 I thought I'd give the "new" tactic creator and the sideline instructions a try.

Playing a 4-5-1 tactic with a control or counter strategy.

So far it's been going ok, in december now and 3rd in the league after 16 games.

ManU 42 pts +31

Tottenham 38 pts +22

Pool 38 pts +21

Everton 35 pts +11

(ManC is 10th and Arsenal 11th both with 20 pts and both with under-pressure managers).

However despite all the positive so far this season I still struggle when playing ManU. Actually during all my years playing FM with Liverpoo,l ManU have always been my boogie team. I just can't seem to figure out how to break them down. I will of course beat them now and then but it's always a bit nervous.

Now I just played ManU at Old Trafford and lost 1-5! This is the second game this season at Old trafford, first was in the leage cup q-final where we lost 1-2 after extra time.

So any tips how to best handle and win against ManU. They're playning their normal 4-4-2 (and for some reason Anderson has been amazing for them).

Would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Not scoring enough goals...don't know why. Willian hasn't settled into the team yet either.

Such a tight league atm....City are first by a point and the rest are 2 points behind them from 3rd to 7th and 8th is 3 points behind them. I'm 6th atm. And it doesn't help that Suarez got a straight red and is out for 3 games. (2 left now)

Not scoring enough goals...don't know why. Willian hasn't settled into the team yet either.

Such a tight league atm....City are first by a point and the rest are 2 points behind them from 3rd to 7th and 8th is 3 points behind them. I'm 6th atm. And it doesn't help that Suarez got a straight red and is out for 3 games. (2 left now)

My team have been scoring ok but it's mostly Suarez (adv. fwd. in a 4-5-1 formation) and Kuyt (most of the goals are on counter attcks from his AMR position). Together they've scored 17 goals (Suarez 10, Kuyt 7) of the teams 34. Now however Suarez hasn't scored for 5 games so I'm getting worried.

Who's your best scorer?

Alright haven't been on since I started a new save on the update, been busy with work and stuff plus I turned 30 yesterday so was too busy getting drunk :D

Anyway shall be loading up for a bit

Alright haven't been on since I started a new save on the update, been busy with work and stuff plus I turned 30 yesterday so was too busy getting drunk :D

Welcome back mate & happy late birthday im the same now since i just bought Resident Evil ORC on the xbox so ill be back & foth here

Welcome back mate & happy late birthday im the same now since i just bought Resident Evil ORC on the xbox so ill be back & foth here

Thanks mate I've been spending more time on my Xbox as my computer is really old and playing up/ crashing all the time so it puts me off playing fm sometimes. Hoping in the near future to get a laptop or new pc then I'd be on fm more

Anyway am just about to play my first league game against fulham and the only signing I've made is Ganso and haven't sold anyone

Can anyone who's a decent number of years into the game show me how Sterling's progressed? He's 23 on mine and is decent, but I feel like he could have been better.

I've never had any luck with him either. He just doesn't progress playing reserve football and isn't really good enough to be chucked straight in to the first team. To make things worse he seems to have a bit of an attitude when you try and sort him a loan and won't go to clubs that would actually play him.

My team have been scoring ok but it's mostly Suarez (adv. fwd. in a 4-5-1 formation) and Kuyt (most of the goals are on counter attcks from his AMR position). Together they've scored 17 goals (Suarez 10, Kuyt 7) of the teams 34. Now however Suarez hasn't scored for 5 games so I'm getting worried.

Who's your best scorer?

It's Suarez too but he's upset that I fined him coz he got sent off twice now! He might want to leave so then I'll get Cavani or Damio or someone as his replacement! Willian has settled finally and is scoring and creating, as is Stevie when played behind the striker. But Willian is out for a couple of weeks. And Felipe Anderson keeps getting injured in my save :( not progressing or playing that well unfortunately like he did on my previous save.

firing my final game on fm 12 with my team liverpool! all patched up.. any tips?

Erm, get rid of some of the staff since they're rubbish and get new ones. Make certain players tutor the young ones (e.g. Dirk tutoring Suso). Also, make Suarez learn to place shots as a ppm but it may not always work. Ask the board to improve youth recruitment and coaching and try to get a feeder club for money also (but we also need one for work permits since for some reason, our agreement with Genk is over or something?).

Thats all I can think off atm! Oh and give Coates alot of game time - he starts as a wonderkid!

Hey mate, long time. Happy Belated Birthday :D Gettin on how eh? :p Hope you have a good 1. You must get a better pc :)

Arsenal are fighting relegation in my game! But they're starting to win now so if they finish poorly (they've already sacked Wenger and got van Gaal - as you do) I'm gonna snap up Wilshere. Everton are also in relegation battle...gonna try get Rodwell (if he joins a rival!)

Hey mate, long time. Happy Belated Birthday :D Gettin on how eh? :p Hope you have a good 1. You must get a better pc :)

Haha thanks mate :D hoping to get a PC in the near future. Am busy over the weekend but will try to get on as am in work mon, tue, wed night :(

Started with The Mighty red and i'm 2nd after 22 games, Chelsea are on an incredible run and are 5 points ahead.

Playing a 433 so i was looking to sell my wingers and strengthen up the centre of the park from the off.

Managed to sign some tops players, all over 48 months.

So far ive signed:

Iker Muniain, Striker Att Mid for 20M - top prospect as i'm sure you're all aware

Seydou Keita, MC DM on Loan for 650k for the season - what a player! scores some cracking goals and is on a par with lucas' ability

Dede, CB for 20.5M - probably paid over the odds for this fella but he's surely going to be world class, only 23 and very fast

Keisuke Honda MC AMC for 27.5M - another huge fee but he's proper world class, miles better than Adam

Mohammed Abdellaoue, ST for 15M - bit of a strange one, has all the correct attributes but cant seem to pass the ball at the right moments, i dont think he's particularly suited to the system im playing. 10 goals in 18 apperance is decent but not good enough imo

Then in January I bid for both Hamsik and Cavani both for around the 30M mark. Had them both accepted but i only had the funds to buy one so i went with Cavani for a final fee of 32.5M

Gotta give a big shout to the 48 month option, seems a bit too easy to me, i guess if i dont perform each season i run the risk of financial ruin, however unlikely.

To supplement these signing i shipped out a total of 4 players

Fabio Aurelio for 1.9M

Maxi for 7M

Kuyt for 7.5M

Skrtel for 8.5M - pretty happy with Skrtels price, never been a big fan in RL or ingame, makes to many crucial mistakes

Hopefully ill get my main target in the summer - Hamsik.

Trying my best to get rid of Downing but no one wants him, what with him being on 80kpw. If he's getting paid that in real life then it really was bad business by LFC. eek

i10 in 18 isnt good? thats more then 2 goals a game..... and that statement right there goes to prove the glaring unrealistic nature of the game ..sadly :(

by the way... im not knocking you finding that not good enough.. just saying its what has become of fm..

i10 in 18 isnt good? thats more then 2 goals a game..... and that statement right there goes to prove the glaring unrealistic nature of the game ..sadly :(

by the way... im not knocking you finding that not good enough.. just saying its what has become of fm..

yeah its not good considering the amount of chances he has and doesn't convert. It's probably the unrealistic formation im playing that provides so much action up top.

Carroll in the same position still misses on average at least one to two CCCs every game, which is slightly better than Mohammed.

Just about to start my 3rd season, the board have given me the chance to pick my own feeder club ( I already have one from the USA and one from Japan). What clubs do you boy's recommend - I need to increase the money I bring in as I seem to be losing around 5mil a month! Also, what feeder club's have you had success with as everyone that I pick the board can't agree a deal!!

Thanks

Qualified for the Champions League with 9 still to play in 2021. Longest save I've played in FM12, bit gutted that the game still becomes a bit on the easy side.

First 2-4 seasons were a good challenge but once new managers take over clubs it all goes to pot. ooO(hmm 3 world class wingers in the squad lets pay narrow diamond anyway...))

Shocking performance today...poor defending and poor passing - story of this season tbh. Think the players have it in their mind that we're already in Europa and can maybe get to FA Final so it doesn't matter where we finish when in fact it does coz the higher we finish, the more money we get and more likely that players will join us!

Anyway, Suarez is on fire! 30th goal of the season and just entered April.

Shocking performance today...poor defending and poor passing - story of this season tbh. Think the players have it in their mind that we're already in Europa and can maybe get to FA Final so it doesn't matter where we finish when in fact it does coz the higher we finish, the more money we get and more likely that players will join us!

Anyway, Suarez is on fire! 30th goal of the season and just entered April.

Agree with you there mate, seem to think the league position doesn't matter because we're in Europe next season and fourth is gone.

I was absolutely disgusted how we played today.

Kenny needs to stop signing players who aren't even mid table quality (Downing, Carroll, Henderson) or we're never going to win the Premier League.

I bet if Kenny wasn't such a cult hero, a majority of the fans will be saying "Kenny out", like they did with Woy last year.

Kenny needs to stop signing players who aren't even mid table quality (Downing, Carroll, Henderson) or we're never going to win the Premier League.

I bet if Kenny wasn't such a cult hero, a majority of the fans will be saying "Kenny out", like they did with Woy last year.

I have faith in Kenny I just think certain players he has signed have let him down tbh. In the majority of games we have been unlucky and just lacked finishing teams of but am sure Kenny will sort it out

glynnpark.png

:cool:

Nice one :thup:

Gonna sign some youth in season 1 to build for the future trying to sell Jones but no one wants him

Have a thorough search when the first set of youth intakes happen. In my experience there is always at least one player with Messi level potential end of season 1.

You forgot Adam - he's the worst. Henderson has some potential IF he's played in the middle! Carroll needs more games - he plays good one game and then back to the bench the following game...I don't see the point in that. We need a proper right winger - not Downing on the right or Kuyt since they come inside too much. Speaking of Downing, his confidence is improving but he still needs to play better and everyone in general needs better decision making! Enrique is the best signing from the summer - no doubt about it.

I agree about Kenny being a legend etc but I wasn't around to see him in all his glory so I don't have that sentiment attached to him but I think it would be wise that he resigns at the end of the season to allow someone younger to take over - I wouldn't mind AVB in all honesty - I think he's a good manager, but the Chelsea job came to early for him I feel.

Gonna sign some youth in season 1 to build for the future trying to sell Jones but no one wants him

I offer him for £500k and it gets accepted. Sign Fierro for the future - about £2m-ish or less. Sign Sanogo - good young back up and scores goals too and has potential to be great! Can sign him for £2m but he can't play official games (i.e. league games/cup matches) until end of August due to some injury.

ARGH! Stupid Suarez got a straight red card and 3 match ban (coz his 3rd red card) and now he wasn't available against City and I lost 2-0. There goes 1st place and possibly 2nd place!

Edit: He's banned for 4 games. Only 3 games left - will miss one next season. What a fail.

You forgot Adam - he's the worst. Henderson has some potential IF he's played in the middle! Carroll needs more games - he plays good one game and then back to the bench the following game...I don't see the point in that. We need a proper right winger - not Downing on the right or Kuyt since they come inside too much. Speaking of Downing, his confidence is improving but he still needs to play better and everyone in general needs better decision making! Enrique is the best signing from the summer - no doubt about it.

I agree about Kenny being a legend etc but I wasn't around to see him in all his glory so I don't have that sentiment attached to him but I think it would be wise that he resigns at the end of the season to allow someone younger to take over - I wouldn't mind AVB in all honesty - I think he's a good manager, but the Chelsea job came to early for him I feel.

I offer him for £500k and it gets accepted. Sign Fierro for the future - about £2m-ish or less. Sign Sanogo - good young back up and scores goals too and has potential to be great! Can sign him for £2m but he can't play official games (i.e. league games/cup matches) until end of August due to some injury.

Already signed Sanogo & Areola Vrsaljko is awaiting a work permit ill check out Fierro

Already signed Sanogo & Areola Vrsaljko is awaiting a work permit ill check out Fierro

:thup: Fierro may not get a work permit straight away so you may need to offer contract and buy him etc a couple of times.

I ended up finishing 3rd - equal points with Utd but goal diff gave them an edge. They had 109 goals compared to my 89.

Archived