Gundo's FM11 European Adventure Challenge™

Quick question - I'm considering starting this in Iceland as a different game whilst I also do dafuge's challenge.

In that one you are allowed to load players from major clubs on each continent - the theory behind this being it is better for a long term game. Is that allowed under this challenge?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quick question - I'm considering starting this in Iceland as a different game whilst I also do dafuge's challenge.

In that one you are allowed to load players from major clubs on each continent - the theory behind this being it is better for a long term game. Is that allowed under this challenge?

very first post of the thread mate, under the set up rules

"No additional players from any other nation should be loaded."

very first post of the thread mate, under the set up rules

"No additional players from any other nation should be loaded."

That's a shame - I was too impatient ;) and started yesterday with these loaded. There's still only 14,000 players with a large database.

It's just I believe without active leagues there is an imbalance in long term games and that loading players from major clubs helps to counteract this. I guess I won't be able to post an update here then.

has anyone carried on with this save? I mean after completing it? I won the CL about 8 seasons ago in mine, since then I have won it again, and lost a final as well. Just curious if anyone is still playing and have any ideas on challenges to set to keep the save interesting. I was thinking of just trying to sign Finnish players and eventually have every player in my squad from Finland but there is no decent players from Finland in my save, apart from players I have bought in as youngsters etc from Brazil and the like that have now played for Finland, i have 6 players who were born in france, brazil*2, Argentina, Portugal and Spain that are all in the Finnish squad but id rather Finnish born players.

Maybe I might try to win the WC with Finland? Any ideas ladies and gents? Im in 2039 and getting a tad bored at winning the league by 30 points a season, last year I played 38, scored 129, conceded 6. Im at the point were I think im just going to holiday the league and play in europe as it is still challenging.

After I completed the challenge with my Northern Irish side I played one more season to see if I could manage back to back CL wins (which I didn't - I lost in the final), but then got bored and started in a new country (Bulgaria - which I am finding much more challenging... should post some season updates).

But if you do want to continue your save, maybe try and win the CL with a completly European side (which may or may not be challenging), or as you mentioned a completly Finnish side (probably including foreign players who have natrualised), which would be extremly hard - but not impossible!

The other challenge you could do is to resign and take over a struggling Finnish side and see how long it takes to topple your original team (although given how fond the AI is in selling their best players it shouldn't take too long)

After I completed the challenge with my Northern Irish side I played one more season to see if I could manage back to back CL wins (which I didn't - I lost in the final), but then got bored and started in a new country (Bulgaria - which I am finding much more challenging... should post some season updates).

But if you do want to continue your save, maybe try and win the CL with a completly European side (which may or may not be challenging), or as you mentioned a completly Finnish side (probably including foreign players who have natrualised), which would be extremly hard - but not impossible!

The other challenge you could do is to resign and take over a struggling Finnish side and see how long it takes to topple your original team (although given how fond the AI is in selling their best players it shouldn't take too long)

I think if i left my club id get very bored, i think they are the only thing keeping me playing.

I think i may join your 2 other ideas, start thinning my quad to EU only players and then start trying to bring Finnish players in, the problem i am having is noone apart from me has decent facilities so its find of limiting whats coming through

Budafok 2028/29 Hungarian Division 1

Table

Positions

I won the league with a record number of points although Fehervar chased hard after spending another 12 million pounds. I also won the hungarian cup and league cup. The main interest was in Europe, after easing past Glentoran with a record 10-0 win i also comfortably went past Olimpija to reach the group stages. After disappointingly losing at home to Spartak Moscow i reedemed matters by winning against them away only to see them beat already qualified Arsenal in the last match leaving me 3rd.

In the euro cup 1st KO i beat Olympiakos 5-3 on agg. In the 2nd KO i faced Liverpool and won 1-0 at home in the first leg. I went 2-0 down within 20 mins in the second leg but scored a vital goal in the 2nd half before missing a host of chances to make the game safe. This proved costly as in the 93rd min a goal kick from my goalie was headed straight back down the middle and their striker ran on to it and scored.

Finances were looking quite good until the shareholders took out 11 million in deividends at the end of the season.

Transfers

Squad

Yesipov (213 apps, 1 goal), Rahim (165 apps, 28 goals) and Justesen (10 apps) were all just decent backup players and with better youngsters waiting i sold them on. Kovacs (303 apps) was no longer worth a new contract as a backup and was let go. 1 weak area was up front and so i splashed out on Ridel to try to solve my goal scoring problems in europe.

Most of my defence did very well although my star players were Claudio and Ridel who had a great 1st season after starting it on the bench.

Season            League             Position       Hungarian Cup               League Cup              Europe              Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                     -                     -                      None
2012/13        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                     -                     -                      None
2013/14        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                     -                     -                      None
2014/15        Second Division        1st                2nd Rd                     -                     -                      League Winners
2015/16        First Division         3rd                3rd Rd                 1st Stage                 -                      European Qualification
2016/17        First Division         2nd                Winner                 Semi-final         2nd QRd   Euro cup            European Qualification, HC Winner
2017/18        First Division         1st                Winner                 Semi-final         3rd QRd   Euro cup            League winnner, HC Winner
2018/19        First Division         1st                Semi final             Quarter-final      3rd QRd   CL                  League winner
                                                                                                  4th QRd   Euro cup
2019/20        First Division         3rd                4th Rd                 Semi-final         Cl Group stages               None
2020/21        First Division         1st                4th Rd                 Winner             Euro Cup 1st KO Rd            League winnner, LC Winner
2021/22        First Division         1st                Winner                 semi-final         4th QRd   CL                  League winner, HC Winner
                                                                                                  Group Stage   Euro cup            
2022/23        First Division         1st                Winner                 Quarter-final      CL Group stages               League winner, HC Winner
                                                                                                  Euro Cup 1st KO Rd
2023/24        First Division         1st                Winner                 Winner             CL Group stages               Domestic treble
2024/25        First Division         1st                Winner                 Winner             CL 1st KO Rd                  Domestic treble
2025/26        First Division         1st                Winner                 Quarter-final      CL Group stages               League winner, HC Winner                          
2026/27        First Division         1st                2nd Rd                 Winner             CL Group stages               League winner, LC Winner
                                                                                                  Euro Cup 2nd KO Rd
2027/28        First Division         1st                Winner                 Winner             CL Quarter-final              Domestic treble
2028/29        First Division         1st                Winner                 Winner             CL Group stages               Domestic treble
                                                                                                  Euro Cup 2nd KO Rd

League Ranking (standard) - Club coefficient/League Coefficient

15/16 - 71 (2*)

16/17 - 52 (2.5*)

17/18 - 59 (2*)

18/19 - 58 (2*)

19/20 - 68 (2*) - 381 /27

20/21 - 50 (2.5*) - 211/27

21/22 - 57 (2*) -125/22

22/23 - 44 (2.5*) -113/20

23/24 - 37 (2.5*) -70/19

24/25 - 30 (2.5*) -52/17

25/26 - 21 (3*) -39/14

26/27 - 17 (3*) -40/13

27/28 - 16 (3*) -33/15

28/29 - 15 (3*) -19/13

Budafok 2029/30 Hungarian Division 1

Table

I topped the table with a record number of goals beating the old record by nearly 30. Once again i also retained the league and hungarian cups.

In europe i entered straight into the group stages, which were again a disappointment as i failed to beat Zenit and finished 3rd.

In the Euro cup i coasted past Olympiakos 7-1 on agg before facing CSKA Moscow. After losing the away leg 2-0 i won 4-0 in the home leg to progress to the QF. I was well beaten by Arsenal in both legs.

Feherver continue to spend huge amounts of money, 10 million this year but are getting no closer to me in the league, the big profits i made were swallowed by the shareholders paying themselves 11 million in dividends.

Squad

Transfers

Ridel performed incredibly scoring more than a goal a game and getting the highest average rating i've had for a season. This was matched by Claudio who scored a few and laid on most of the goals scored.

Quite a few 1st teamers left this year so a bit of rebuilding will be needed for the next few years.

Ferraira (116 app 44 goals) never seemed to really play very well against good opposition in spite of his attributes and was sold on. Celso's (140 apps 18 goals) contract had only 6 months to go and his wage demands were far too high so he went. I had tried for 2 years to discuss a new contact with my 2 world class fullbacks but both Aguilar (140 apps 1 goal) and Zouita (188 apps 11 goals) refused to even listen to an offer so i cashed in with 6 months to go hoping the sell on clauses will net me a lot in the future. Sorensen (262 apps 48 goals) had slipped down to 5th choice midfielder so i also sold him at the start of the season.

Spent a lot on some promising youngsters and found a steal in Paulo for 60K.

Season            League             Position       Hungarian Cup               League Cup              Europe              Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                     -                     -                      None
2012/13        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                     -                     -                      None
2013/14        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                     -                     -                      None
2014/15        Second Division        1st                2nd Rd                     -                     -                      League Winners
2015/16        First Division         3rd                3rd Rd                 1st Stage                 -                      European Qualification
2016/17        First Division         2nd                Winner                 Semi-final         2nd QRd   Euro cup            European Qualification, HC Winner
2017/18        First Division         1st                Winner                 Semi-final         3rd QRd   Euro cup            League winnner, HC Winner
2018/19        First Division         1st                Semi final             Quarter-final      3rd QRd   CL                  League winner
                                                                                                  4th QRd   Euro cup
2019/20        First Division         3rd                4th Rd                 Semi-final         Cl Group stages               None
2020/21        First Division         1st                4th Rd                 Winner             Euro Cup 1st KO Rd            League winnner, LC Winner
2021/22        First Division         1st                Winner                 semi-final         4th QRd   CL                  League winner, HC Winner
                                                                                                  Group Stage   Euro cup            
2022/23        First Division         1st                Winner                 Quarter-final      CL Group stages               League winner, HC Winner
                                                                                                  Euro Cup 1st KO Rd
2023/24        First Division         1st                Winner                 Winner             CL Group stages               Domestic treble
2024/25        First Division         1st                Winner                 Winner             CL 1st KO Rd                  Domestic treble
2025/26        First Division         1st                Winner                 Quarter-final      CL Group stages               League winner, HC Winner                          
2026/27        First Division         1st                2nd Rd                 Winner             CL Group stages               League winner, LC Winner
                                                                                                  Euro Cup 2nd KO Rd
2027/28        First Division         1st                Winner                 Winner             CL Quarter-final              Domestic treble
2028/29        First Division         1st                Winner                 Winner             CL Group stages               Domestic treble
                                                                                                  Euro Cup 2nd KO Rd
2029/30        First Division         1st                Winner                 Winner             CL Group stages               Domestic treble
                                                                                                  Euro Cup Quarter-final

15/16 - 71 (2*)

16/17 - 52 (2.5*)

17/18 - 59 (2*)

18/19 - 58 (2*)

21/22 - 57 (2*) -125/22

23/24 - 37 (2.5*) -70/19

24/25 - 30 (2.5*) -52/17

25/26 - 21 (3*) -39/14

26/27 - 17 (3*) -40/13

27/28 - 16 (3*) -33/15

28/29 - 15 (3*) -19/13

29/30 - 20 (3*) -29/15

so after holidaying in Serbia i finally have my team

David Clark becomes the new manager of newly promoted FK Sopot

this is my Current team report

this guy looks quite good Dragan Galic lets see if i can get best out of him andd the team.

Welcome to the challenge - If Galic is the same as your other good players then you have a good squad to build on, a few defenders in and you could do well.

4689.gif?v=1

NK Dravograd - Slovenian First Division - 2015/16

2011/12 - Slovenian Second Division - 7th

2012/13 - Slovenian Second Division - 4th

2013/14 - Slovenian Second Division - 1st

2014/15 - Slovenian First Division - 5th

2015/16 - Slovenian First Division - 5th

P 36 W 13 D 14 L 9 F 50 A 33 GD +17 P 53

Meh. Couldn't strengthen much, couldn't find our rhythm, equalled last season in the league and lost in the cup QF.

Our European adventure was shortlived, drawing Schalke in the 3Q round, and going down 5-2 on aggregate.

Rant Roos again our best player, and won the 1st division player of the season, for which he thanked me.

Key Players

Top Scorer and best player: Zan Rant Roos (34(13) apps. – 16 goals) Average Rating: 7.11

Review of hopes for the season

Some cash from Europe - 170k or so

European qualification through the league - NO, 4 points from it.

A decent parent club from a decent European league - NO. No sort of parent club :mad:

[font=&quot]Season      Division       Pos.      Cup         Europe     Achievements[/font]

[font=&quot]2011/12    2nd             7th       2nd Round   N/A        Avoided Relegation[/font]
 [font=&quot]2012/13    2nd             4th       Semi Final  N/A        Cup semis         [/font]
 [font=&quot]2013/14    2nd             1st       1st Round   N/A        PROMOTION!         [/font]
 [font=&quot]2014/15    1st             5th       WINNERS!    N/A        Won the cup         [/font]
 [font=&quot]2014/15    1st             5th       Quarters    EL 3Q      None               [/font]

Europe/Co-efficient info

League Rating: 2.5* - 38th (up 17)

Co-efficient: 11.45 - 23rd (1 CL spot, 3 EL spots)

Club co-efficient - 3.583 - 265th

Hopes for next season

Europe through the league

A decent parent club

Decided to jump back on this. Not sure if I played it during FM10 or 11

Vertical Kalinkovichi - Belarus

Can honestly say I've never managed in Belarus before so it will be a challenge. Also, for the latter stages of the challenge the seasons dont run in tandem with the regular European Leagues so not sure how that will affect me.

InitialProfile.jpg

Can someone tell me if screenies can be visible or only loaded via links please?

After a decent summner of signing players to strengthen the squad, I watched in horror as all of the players on amateur contracts left, leaving me with 5 players.

Wish me luck.

FC Gossau. Swiss Challenge League. Season One. 2011/2012

Table = Well, when I took over the squad was pretty decent, it needed a few additions that I was able to add to, they weren't great, but I'm guessing by the final table they did their job; the only negative thing that I could say about our overall performance was that we did not score enough goals, time and time again we would be in a position to score but 8/10 times we would sky it over the bar or wide, this will need to be addressed in pre-season.

Transfers = The players that I was able to bring in were to only improve our weakest positions, to try and keep us up, well, to suffice to say they did they're job and now I'm looking to improve on that, those that we did release were just deadwood.

Yago Bellon = Nothing special, he did what was required of him, and nothing more, I have already lined up a replacement who is younger, and can actually cross.

Goran Ivelj = See Yago, I have a replacement lined up.

Silvan Eggman = Nothing special, but did the job, of scoring 7 goals......................

Finances = Losing money throughout the season, only saved because we recieved £230k at the end of the season :D

Next Season

Improve the squad.

Make some money.

NK Olimpija Osijek - 1.HNL (Croatian Premier Division) - 2022/2023 Season review

NKOlimpijaOsijek.gif

Transfer market

(Transfers)

Relatively busy transfer window in the Summer, our star midfielder Edgardo Garro left for Belgium for a fee of 2.5M so I brought in Peter Kruys for the same as a replacement. I spent quite a bit of money mostly in future prospects and a few which would not turn out to be more than squad players. Exception perhaps to aussie striker Steven Davies who I had my eyes on already for a while.

Club legends Igor Acimovic and Oumar Ettien left on free transfers as they were not good enough anymore, sentimental value apart.

Domestic league

(League Table)

No story here, just total domination. The numbers speak for itself: we ended with a 29 points advantage over Hajduk, broke the all-time points record with 87, and broke the all-time goals scored record with 99, exactly 3 per game. These records were set by ourselves previously anyway, in the 2020/2021 season.

Europe

(Champions League campaign)

(Europa League campaign)

Champions League did not go very well as we were no match at all to Roma and Arsenal in the group, but at least salvaged an Europa League place by beating Galatasaray on the last match, Steven Davies scoring the decisive goal 2 minutes from the end.

In the Europa League we breezed past Basel quite amazingly, and then had our big test against Espanyol. A 1-1 tie at home was not a great start and we soon saw ourselves losing to them 2-0 5 minutes into the second game. But that one turned out to be an amazing match - Makhoba and Hamed scored late in the second half giving us an away goals advantage. Only for Espanyol's star brazilian striker Nikão to complete his hattrick in the very final minute, and put us out.

Other domestic competitions

(Croatian Cup campaign)

We did not contest the super cup this year as we won both league and cup in 2022. As for the cup, that was by far the easiest trophy I've won so far in this career. We won every single match and even had the luxury of hammering the lower league side Istra 1961 4-0 and 6-0 in the two-legged final.

Best eleven

(Squad and stats)

GK - Arafa Saleh

DR - Pablo Cellerino

DL - Julien Domecq

DC - Ernest Mofokeng

DC - Rubén Navarro

MC - Nenê

MC - Peter Kruys

AMR - Leandro

AML - Ntokozo Makhoba

ST - Osama Hamed

ST - Simphiwe Vilakazi

Pretty much the same team as last year, but most players being youngsters they have become better with time. Makhoba had an unbelievable season, beating the assists record with a total 25, and Hamed became the club's all-time best scorer.

Next year prospects

Not sure we can reach the knockout stages of the Champions League already, but that would be a step forward. In the league, finishing a season without defeats would be nice - even if it's not likely as I tend to rest all my stars there while I'm still in Europe.

Great news is that the board has finally agreed to build a new stadium (should be ready 3 years from now), and to improve the youth recruitment network.

[b]Season     League           Cup          Europe                   Notes[/b]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]NK Granicar Zulanja[/b]
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6187670&viewfull=1#post6187670]2011/12[/url]    2.HNL - 15th     1st round    ---                      Relegated; tycoon takes over but too late
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]NK Olimpija Osijek[/b]
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6195698&viewfull=1#post6195698]2012/13[/url]    2.HNL - 11th     ---          ---                      Avoided relegation
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6212679&viewfull=1#post6212679]2013/14[/url]    2.HNL - 4th      2nd round    ---                      Fought for a promotion playoff spot
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6226936&viewfull=1#post6226936]2014/15[/url]    2.HNL - 4th      1st round    ---                      Fought for a promotion playoff spot
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6243633&viewfull=1#post6243633]2015/16[/url]    2.HNL - 3rd      1st round    ---                      Missed promotion by 1 point
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6276421&viewfull=1#post6276421]2016/17[/url]    2.HNL - 1st      1st round    ---                      Promoted, 2.HNL champions
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6288934&viewfull=1#post6288934]2017/18[/url]    1.HNL - 2nd      ---          ---                      Fought for the title, qualified for Europe
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6317466&viewfull=1#post6317466]2018/19[/url]    1.HNL - 1st      Winners      EL 3rd Q rnd             Domestic double
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6364634&viewfull=1#post6364634]2019/20[/url]    1.HNL - 1st      Winners      CL playoff, EL groups    Domestic double
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6441092&viewfull=1#post6441092]2020/21[/url]    1.HNL - 1st      2nd round    CL groups                Champions again
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6500502&viewfull=1#post6500502]2021/22[/url]    1.HNL - 1st      Winners      CL groups, EL quarters   Domestic treble
2022/23    1.HNL - 1st      Winners      CL groups, EL 2nd KO rnd Domestic double

Good progress noikeee. :thup:

Has the name of the new stadium been announced yet?

Thanks. Stadium name hasn't been announced, I suppose that'll be once the stadium is past the "planning" stage.

Hmm. Have made nigh on 4m by getting to the CL qualification playoff (beat Haka and Aab before losing to Anderlecht), and thereby into the Europa League groups, which is great, but my chairman has now sold 3 strikers out from under me and we're not playing at all well.

Still, upgrade to youth facilities agreed, and they just said yes to my suggestion of a new stadium :eek:

Might be a season of consolidation ahead..

Been playing my game on and off between work.

First Season went well, securing promotion.

Second Season a non existent transfer budget and wage budget- Media touted us to get relegated, i was hoping for a season of consolidation we exceeded all expectations and won the Belgian Second division securing Pro League status.

However this was not all rosy, as we got stung with a 2.5Million Under Soil Heating Bill to meet pro league rules! The club stands currently at 3Million in debt, and there are again no money for transfers, and the board are only willing to go for a 31k/pw wage budget.

Painful season ahead i think.

FC Gossau. Swiss Challenge League. Season Two. 2012/2013

Table - Wow, just wow, I would have been delighted to have finished one place or even in the same position as last season, but, the team really blended this season and we managed to get into the top half of the table and finished a respectable 5th.

Graph - We spent most of the season in and around the middle of the table, but during the latter stages of the season we managed to run into some form and finish 5th.

Finances - Just like last season, we were losing money hand over fist and found ourselves majorly in debt, but with the prize money from finishing 5th our finances improved, and, with some half decent friendlies coming up, I hope we can improve them even further.

squad - The boys

transfers - few ins, few outs.

Costa - Rock at the back, one of the reasons that we were able to concede hardly any goals, I firmly believe that without him we would have finished at least 13-14th.

Eggman - he's done it again, our top goalscorer again, he doesn't look like much, but he's able to link up well with the others and this was the result.

Ike - Sensational, just sensational, was a terror when going forward and a rock at the back, will need to keep hold of him in the summer.

Next Season

Make some money.

Improve squad.

Haven't played this in a while but have come back to it and realised i hadn't posted several seasons, mostly frustration of knowing with the players i have the challenge should be complete, inability to grow the finances and get a new stadium thanks to greedy shareholders, not increasing the YRN from fairly basic where i started and being unable to sign many unattached youngsters even though i'm in the top 25 clubs in europe.

Budafok Hungarian Division 1 2030/31

Table

Positions

Came back from an early 0-4 thrashing from Fehervar to comfortably retain the league by not losing again. Narrowly won the league cup 2-1 against Fehervar and also the Hungarian Cup. Gyirmot have been taken over by a tycoon and like Fehervar are throwing money around.

I went straight into the CL group stages due to my high club ranking and was disappointed to finish 3rd behind Werder Bremen.

Going into the Euro cup i went past AZ and Dynamo Kiev both after drawing the first away leg and winning the home leg 3-1.

In the qaurter final i won 5-3 at home and then 1-0 away to Man city.

The semi final was against Liverpool my recent nemesis. I was outplayed in the first leg away but won 3-2. Liverpool wiped this out with 2 early goals in the return leg. After halftime i scored to lead on away goals and then had several great chances to win as i dominated the match, only to fall to a suckerpunch in the 92nd min.

Squad

Transfers

I let several squad players leave replacing them with very promising youngsters. Youssef (81 apps, 12 goals) was my highest earner but wasn't worth it and so was sold on. Ben Yahia (60 apps, 11 goals), Okechukwu and several others were moved on. Abou Hadid (200 aps, 86 goals) was a first teamer with a great strike rate from right midfield but i felt i had more talented players at the club. After wanting to leave for several years i sold Herrera (227 apps) as i had several decent goalies lining up to take his place.

In came Henrique and Veerman, Lindgaard who looked fantastic for 15 and Camara who was on my shortlist but wasn't going to buy, until both Arsenal and R Madrid bid for him who clearly saw something in him i didn't. I snatched him away with a high squad status.

4th QRd   Euro cup
                                                                                                  Group Stage   Euro cup            
                                                                                                  Euro Cup 1st KO Rd
                                                                                                  Euro Cup 2nd KO Rd
                                                                                                  Euro Cup 2nd KO Rd
2029/30        First Division         1st                Winner                 Winner             CL Group stages               Domestic treble
                                                                                                  Euro Cup Quarter-final
2030/31        First Division         1st                Winner                 Winner             CL Group stages               Domestic treble
                                                                                                  Euro Cup Semi-final

15/16 - 71 (2*)

16/17 - 52 (2.5*)

17/18 - 59 (2*)

18/19 - 58 (2*)

21/22 - 57 (2*) -125/22

23/24 - 37 (2.5*) -70/19

24/25 - 30 (2.5*) -52/17

25/26 - 21 (3*) -39/14

26/27 - 17 (3*) -40/13

27/28 - 16 (3*) -33/15

28/29 - 15 (3*) -19/13

29/30 - 20 (3*) -29/15

30/31 - 14 (3*) -19/13

Thanks for updating Thebaker, your story is one of my favorites. Can you give an analysis on how your Hungarian division is improving? Does the second placed team ever play CL group stages?

Part of my frustration is that i can't get the tactics right, i completed dafuges challenge last year and some of budafok's players are better. I had 2 world class fullbacks i had to sell cheap and currently have 2 great Centre backs along with 3 Centre midfielders, the lack of truly great left and right midfielders and strikers are where i fall down.

The hungarian league has been static for 7 seasons (i'm in 32/33 now) and that is all down to me. No other club has reached the group stages of the CL, in the euro cup 1 club reached the group stages 3 years ago and 4 year ago, the problem is that they keep coming up against English, Italian and Spanish clubs and losing - sometimes by a lot, sometimes by a goal or two.

So you'll probably have to wait untill the 2nd placed team gets an automatic CL group stage ticket so their budget gets a solid boost. Any idea if that's possible without you having to win the final?

So you'll probably have to wait untill the 2nd placed team gets an automatic CL group stage ticket so their budget gets a solid boost. Any idea if that's possible without you having to win the final?

Some of the clubs could be doing better, Gyirmot got a tycoon takover 3 years ago and have spent £15 million in that time but got back £12 million. Fehervar got a tycoon takeover 7 years ago and have spent £97.25 million and got back £45 million. the problem is that they sell players on a year or two after buying them.

By comparison i have spent £57.5 million and got back £95 million in that 7 years (and maybe another 20-40 million in 50% sell-on fees) - shareholders have swallowed all the profit!

Budafok 2031/32 Hungarian Division 1

Table

The title was wrapped up without a loss along with the league and hungarian cups, getting to the point i could dominate domestically with my reserve team.

In the CL I had to qualify this year but comfortably did so with wins against Dinamo Tirana and Steau. My reward was an easier group with neither Bayern nor Tottenham being very strong. Budafok made hard work of it but finished top. Beat Palermo in the 1st KO Rd but was easily beaten by Barcelona in the Qtr's.

Squad

Transfers

Most of the players did well with the Central defenders Henrique and Keskin excelling along with the aging Victorov. Up front Ridel continues to churn out the goals and Camara had scoring streaks. In midfield Vincetti scored a lot as the defensive central midfielder, Claudio was the star man again.

There weren't many transfers out, mostly fringe players with Da Silva the most expensive. This was spent on a few very talented youngsters. I am also making a bit of money from loaning players out.

Finally i sold Gilson (230 apps, 18 goals) on. This is him several years before, he had improved from this but in the last 2 years declined in both attributes and his performance markedly. Even though he was no longer first choice I have never seen a player decline so much while so comparatively young.

4th QRd   Euro cup
                                                                                                  Group Stage   Euro cup            
                                                                                                  Euro Cup 1st KO Rd
                                                                                                  Euro Cup 2nd KO Rd
                                                                                                  Euro Cup 2nd KO Rd
                                                                                                  Euro Cup Quarter-final
2030/31        First Division         1st                Winner                 Winner             CL Group stages               Domestic treble
                                                                                                  Euro Cup Semi-final
2031/32        First Division         1st                Winner                 Winner             CL Quarter-final              Domestic treble

15/16 - 71 (2*)

16/17 - 52 (2.5*)

17/18 - 59 (2*)

18/19 - 58 (2*)

21/22 - 57 (2*) -125/22

23/24 - 37 (2.5*) -70/19

24/25 - 30 (2.5*) -52/17

25/26 - 21 (3*) -39/14

26/27 - 17 (3*) -40/13

27/28 - 16 (3*) -33/15

28/29 - 15 (3*) -19/13

29/30 - 20 (3*) -29/15

30/31 - 14 (3*) -19/13

31/32 - 19 (3*) -14/13

I find it amazing that you keep going and going. 2032! Thumbs up for the patience. Though you're not making me very optimistic for my own attempt at the challenge, not sure I want to sit through another 10 seasons and still not win the bloody cup!

Basically I'm at the point you were 10 seasons ago, starting to get past the CL group stage but having issues holding on to my players, and without the league reputation helping much (though my opponents Hajduk Split have signed 1 or 2 awesome players, just aren't keeping up with my performance in Europe). I'm concerned my team will stagnate through constantly having to sell the better players and having to start all over again developing cheap young guys.

But I do suspect Croatia is a little easier than Hungary, that's my hope at least.

Noikeee - im in 2033/34 season now, i lost in the CL qtrs again to Chelsea. I'm just failing to match the very best teams and having to keep selling my best players as they don't want to sign new contracts or i can't afford to give them what they want - wages are now £325K p/w , Keskin and Paulo will leave this season.

I can't find many good players now, although this could be due to my players being so good!

There are still a lot of good youngsters i can't sign due to my low rep

I'm being squeezed by my 12750 stadium built 10 years ago , sold out almost every game in the last 7 years with my lowest att 12000.

On a more positive note, i'm in CL groups again and have just destroyed Kiev 4-1 away in the first game and 3 other Hungarian teams have made the Euro cup groups (One beat Villareal to get there) - the best ever Hungarian showing.

Meaning your league ranking might hit top ten net year. :)

The cup is just a milestone, the beauty of this kind of game is to watch not only your club, but your entire league grow so that in the end, the players don't want to leave anymore.

Meaning your league ranking might hit top ten net year. :)

The cup is just a milestone, the beauty of this kind of game is to watch not only your club, but your entire league grow so that in the end, the players don't want to leave anymore.

Its a possibility, last year Hungary was 13th, 6 coefficient points behind 10th and a whopping 28 points behind 9th.

NK Olimpija Osijek - 1.HNL (Croatian Premier Division) - 2023/2024 Season review

NKOlimpijaOsijek.gif

Transfer market

(Transfers 1) (Transfers 2)

This season had by far the most insane transfer activity I've ever had in my career. Many first teamers left, many first teamers arrived, and records were broken - several times. At the end a total profit of roughly 30M€ looks good.

Of the important players that said goodbye I'd like to mention keeper Arafa Saleh, forward Simphiwe Vilakazi, the brilliant full-backs Pablo Cellerino and Julien Domecq, both of which broke the clubs highest transfer record due to my board accepting the offers for me; and promising youngsters Zvonimir Luketic, Peter Halskov and Michal Sevcik. To replace them the highlights were keeper Antônio Carlos (who arrived for a record 5M€ then left 6 months later for another record of 13.5M€!!), forwards Peter Mokoena and Fernando Baiano, defenders Daniele Di Giorgio, Adrián Marrero, and Samuel Inkoom, and midfielders Paul Robinson, Jens Jensen, Steve Meyer. Almost too many to keep track of.

Domestic league

(League Table)

Slightly worse than last year, but still, we're making an habit out of this domination thing. 80 points total and 24 ahead of Hajduk is routine by now. A particularly awesome point of the season was the early 7-0 trashing of Dinamo Zagreb in August! We also ended up the year by winning 4-0 again against Dinamo but away, and then beating Hajduk 4-1. Good for the ego.

Europe

(Champions League campaign)

The first time we qualified directly for the Champions League group stage thanks to Croatia going up in the european coefficients, was also the first time we got past the group stage. The group wasn't very good on paper, and we lost to Bayern 1-2 the first match, but then two absurdly awesome away wins at Rangers and Athletic (4-0 and 3-0, respectively) got the buzz going in our club. Qualifying wasn't safe yet as the group turned out to be very close, but another wonderful 1-0 away win in Munich sealed it, and a 91st minute goal by Rubén Navarro in the final game over Rangers made us win the group.

However the draw for the 1st Knockout Round could have been any worse as we got Chelsea, the holders of the trophy who are sort of a 2024 version of Barcelona, packed with world class talent. We were humbled with two very heavy defeats (4-1, 3-0) and that was the end of our campaign.

Other domestic competitions

(Croatian Cup campaign)

The cup is becoming laughably easy. We won all the games again, beat my former team Granicar away 5-0 (they're still owned by the danish tycoon, by the way), had a ridiculous 10-0 aggregate score in the semis over Sibenik, and ended up with the 4 top scorers of the competition being all our players (some of them not even forwards).

Best eleven

(Squad and stats)

GK - Antônio Carlos (before his transfer to Sporting) / Flávio (after January)

DR - Oliver Nwachi

DL - Adrián Marrero

DC - Ernest Mofokeng

DC - Daniele Di Giorgio

MC - Nenê

MC - Peter Kruys

AMR - Leandro

AML - Ghazi Ghazouani

ST - Peter Mokoena

ST - Ntokozo Makhoba

A lot of new faces, consequence of all the transfers. The big stars this year clearly were my duo of south-african forwards. Makhoba was retrained from the left-wing and kicked ass in either position all year long, with a new record of assists, this time 26. Peter Mokoena was a new signing and after remarkably scoring 4 in his debut game, the 7-0 thrashing of Dinamo, he became top scorer of both the league and the cup.

Watch out for Ghazi Ghazouani who is my next upcoming superstar, was stellar since his arrival in January.

Next year prospects

Unfortunately Ajax just paid Nenê's release clause, and I have agreed the sale of Leandro to Botafogo next January (which I've regretted already), so with these two top class players gone, I think my team may be slightly weaker next year. Also, Makohba's contract is only for another 2 years so I'm afraid I'm going to have to sell my only true world class player. So I don't expect new progress in Europe soon, but at least we're becoming stronger and stronger financially.

The board just announced that we're not actually building a new stadium, just adding 5000 seats to our 5000-seater. While the construction work goes on, we're moving to our rivals NK Osijek's 19000 seater. Can't we just stay there permanently?

[b]Season     League           Cup          Europe                   Notes[/b]
[b]NK Granicar Zulanja[/b]
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6187670&viewfull=1#post6187670]2011/12[/url]    2.HNL - 15th     1st round    ---                      Relegated; tycoon takes over but too late
[b]NK Olimpija Osijek[/b]
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6195698&viewfull=1#post6195698]2012/13[/url]    2.HNL - 11th     ---          ---                      Avoided relegation
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6212679&viewfull=1#post6212679]2013/14[/url]    2.HNL - 4th      2nd round    ---                      Fought for a promotion playoff spot
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6226936&viewfull=1#post6226936]2014/15[/url]    2.HNL - 4th      1st round    ---                      Fought for a promotion playoff spot
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6243633&viewfull=1#post6243633]2015/16[/url]    2.HNL - 3rd      1st round    ---                      Missed promotion by 1 point
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6276421&viewfull=1#post6276421]2016/17[/url]    2.HNL - 1st      1st round    ---                      Promoted, 2.HNL champions
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6288934&viewfull=1#post6288934]2017/18[/url]    1.HNL - 2nd      ---          ---                      Fought for the title, qualified for Europe
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6317466&viewfull=1#post6317466]2018/19[/url]    1.HNL - 1st      Winners      EL 3rd Q rnd             Domestic double
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6364634&viewfull=1#post6364634]2019/20[/url]    1.HNL - 1st      Winners      CL playoff, EL groups    Domestic double
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6441092&viewfull=1#post6441092]2020/21[/url]    1.HNL - 1st      2nd round    CL groups                Champions again
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6500502&viewfull=1#post6500502]2021/22[/url]    1.HNL - 1st      Winners      CL groups, EL quarters   Domestic treble
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6775128&viewfull=1#post6775128]2022/23[/url]    1.HNL - 1st      Winners      CL groups, EL 2nd KO rnd Domestic double
2023/24    1.HNL - 1st      Winners      CL 1st KO rnd            Domestic double

Looks like you are making progress with some really good players - how are you doing in the coefficients?

I found that putting a huge (20 million) price tag on players means no-one puts a bid in for them even when they are world class. I've only had the chairman sell one player over my head in 15 years - the 12.5 million price tag was clearly set too low!

Archived