FM11: The Official Manchester United Thread – Big club seeks rich, caring owner

CPS

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do you guys get hernandez scoring ive played him as poacher advanced forward he just doesnt score macheda is amazing. I have got crouch on loan i was desperate had rooney injured for 2 months and hes doing ok

Get his strike partner and Nani/giggs/scholes/ando etc to through ball - sometimes or often.

Try setting him as target man run onto ball.

FFS!!! In patch Evra is banned for Man Utd too, not just France!!! And the ban lasts until it expired for international!!!

in the new patch? Evra can't play for united? also do united have more money in the bank after the patch, my friend mentioned something about it but i havent got the game yet

FFS!!! In patch Evra is banned for Man Utd too, not just France!!! And the ban lasts until it expired for international!!!

He's ok from the Community Shield onwards to allay any fears so its only pre-season friendlies that Evra (and the rest of the French WC squad miss). Amazed this wasn't spotted though.

in the new patch? Evra can't play for united? also do united have more money in the bank after the patch, my friend mentioned something about it but i havent got the game yet

Nah, not really. Evra won't be able to play in friendlies, then he is available. Still sucks though IMO.

What a load of ***** tbh.

Was that toward me or the bug?

Nah, not really. Evra won't be able to play in friendlies, then he is available. Still sucks though IMO.

Was that toward me or the bug?

Yes, how could they miss this ffs.

And it does suck, will take longer for him to gain match fitness :(

Yes, how could they miss this ffs.

And it does suck, will take longer for him to gain match fitness :(

I thought you were telling me that I'm load of **** or whatever. :D

Yeah, he will take then until September to be match fit, won't be blended in as much as others. Given that I'm micro-managment I really don't like it!

I thought you were telling me that I'm load of **** or whatever. :D

Yeah, he will take then until September to be match fit, won't be blended in as much as others. Given that I'm micro-managment I really don't like it!

Narr I would never do that :D

And ye it will take the p*ss, hope a fix comes out soon tbh.

Won't be long until I get to play as the greatest club in the world, just downloading the patch. I haven't even played the demo because I wanted to wait so will probably take a while looking around first.

Was really looking forward to a save too, but not until they fix the Evra ban, I hardly ever moan about bugs but this has affected me starting my game tbh.

Edit - Its not game breaking but it will affect Evra's performances early on in the season :(

I finished scouting portugal in my demo, Quite keen on hulk. £4m value can prob pick him up for bout £8m? some pretty impressive stats, and young enough to improve, notably his free kick taking, which was 1 thing i noted about united, they barely got any decent free kick takers? giggs is probably the best but you can barely keep him on the pitch for a whole game. Was looking at sneijder as replacement for scholes but pretty costly, prob gona be looking at £30m to prize him away from inter. Some better prospec ts would perhaps be neymar, (chelsea are interested in him and got them in my demo for £17m so gota get in there quick) and maybe paolo henrique for a cheaper option, at 20 looks a good prospect.

Im not sure if this is the best place to post, im only putting it here as im a united fan, but in both of my demos, 1 as united and 1 as exeter, no matter what i did my players would be blasting the ball at goal from miles away, even with long shot set on rarely, playing through balls as often, nothing seemed to change, was this just something from the demo they needed to improve on or is it my tactics? it was so frustrating to play a through ball, split the defence and have my player 1 on 1 with the keeper to see them blast it from 25yards and it go flying over? any tips?

I just forgot a player i bought in the demo, looked pretty useful being homegrown, was tom cairney from hull, quite looking forward to developing him over a season, even if he doesnt get to united standard can still sell for a profit. Also saw somebody else had Adil Rami think his name was, a French CB, bout 20 years old, can get him for around £7m was pretty decent in the demo.

Okay, you're going to have to share your tactic now :p

um i didn't really spend that much time doing one, did a basic one, we're playing pretty well nd we're underfeated in 3 already 2 pts above 2nd, in that match i suppose i was a bit lucky, seeing as all my shots on targets were goals, nd half of my total shots were goals...im actually not happy with my team cause i didn't have enough funds :( wanted pastore nd neymar nd possibly van der weil

Just thought i'd share with you that Douglas Costa looks very promising this year and has played very well for me in the demo, he's either footed an 16 for long shots and is playing great at AML inside forward. Think i signed him for 10 mil. Definatley going to get him on the full game when i get it tonight. His freekick taking is 19 aswell!

I'm playing on the mac. Excited about the game. I think I'll definitely be continuing my demo game. That save is going crazy.

I'm 5 points in the lead. I just smashed City 7-0 away and then won 5-0 at home against Arsenal with Antonio Valencia scoring a hat-trick of goals where he dribbled past 5 players. Then my board decided to up my budget (for the second time) to 33m if I changed my expectations.

So I already signed Dzeko, Hazard, Henrique, Coentrao, Akinfeev, Jose Angel while only selling Park, and now I have 33 mill more to spend.

I don't even know who to get. Maybe Pastore.

Seriously, though, what is with all the money the board is showering at me. I have 66 mill in the bank yes, but I do lose quite a bit every month. I can't believe I've had my budget raised effectively by 55 million pounds. Is there a bug or something in the game? Not that I'm complaining.

Got the game Wednesday, started a new game as didn't want to continue the demo saved. Selected most leagues as playable and a large database. Played through to the close of the 1st transfer window and will stop this game. You still can't offload players in the full game much like the demo. Trying to get rid of O'Shea, Brown, Gibson, Carrick, Park, Anderson, Hargreaves, Berbatov, PIG etc offer them to clubs at knock down prices and no offers except loan. So am going to use the Editor before I start a new game to offload these players to other clubs and manually adjust the clubs finances and transfer/wage budgets with the money I would have got in transfer fees. Then will start a new game and hopefully that'll do me till the 2012 game comes out.

Hopefully I will be getting the game today when I get a free minute or two to go and snatch it. I have been playing the demo and have been trying to finish it before I posted to see what I thought, Also wanted a couple of run throughs as I fancy trying a few players out but the release date beat me to the punch.

I have bought Sanchez, Ganso (Henrique) and Frey this time around as those are the areas in which I think the squad needs strengthening.

I am however going to have trouble choosing players in the original game, for AML I am thinking of one of Sanchez/Hazard/Costa or maybe even retraining Lavezzi to play there if I can get him for a decent price. Looks like he has the necessary stats to play in that role. I'm not too sure about a keeper but Frey wasn't all that impressive. As for a DMC obviously Fletcher is amazing and in the demo I use him as box to box, and Hargreaves can also play there, but as Hargreaves gets older I may slide in for Cattermole. I was also very impressed with Henrique but I may try Pastore instead as he look abolsutely class aswell!

Got the game Wednesday, started a new game as didn't want to continue the demo saved. Selected most leagues as playable and a large database. Played through to the close of the 1st transfer window and will stop this game. You still can't offload players in the full game much like the demo. Trying to get rid of O'Shea, Brown, Gibson, Carrick, Park, Anderson, Hargreaves, Berbatov, PIG etc offer them to clubs at knock down prices and no offers except loan. So am going to use the Editor before I start a new game to offload these players to other clubs and manually adjust the clubs finances and transfer/wage budgets with the money I would have got in transfer fees. Then will start a new game and hopefully that'll do me till the 2012 game comes out.

Here's a hint, don't offload Hargreaves. Better than Fletcher when he gets to full fitness, believe me

I started a full game last night with the 11.1 patch and have also had problems still selling off players which was no surprise really as it had been mentioned in the blogs etc. Managed to get rid of all of the guys i wanted to on loan though for farily decent loan fees with future fees set also but none for sale:

Kuszczak: £1.9m loan fee and £2m fee to buy (bayern i think)

O'Shea: £1m loan fee and £4.5m fee to buy (porto)

Gibson: £500k loan fee and £4m fee to buy (not sure who to)

Park: £2.5m loan fee and £5m fee to buy (bayern again)

I got a minimum of 80% wage contribution on all of these deals as well so the wages are no problem. I also managed to loan out Amos, Bebe and Macheda for the season so they will hopefully get a few games this season. I know the selling of players was not ideal but at least i have pulled in £6m from these deals as well as hopefully the future fees totalling over £15m also which will help with my budget for season 2. May be worth a few people trying the same and bear in mind that on some of these offers the loan fee and purchase fee were always set at lower so i changed them to what i saw as acceptable and they cam back with the offers hence i got £2.5m for park.

bit of a dilema, don't know who to choose to buy between pastore, hazard, jovetic, poli, pjanic sahin or paulo enrqique as a long term scholes replacement any thoughts would be appreciated guys

Paulo Henrique gets my vote by a country mile. Failing that, Hazard and Pastore are both all quality signings.

bit of a dilema, don't know who to choose to buy between pastore, hazard, jovetic, poli, pjanic sahin or paulo enrqique as a long term scholes replacement any thoughts would be appreciated guys

For me, even though some of the other players are better in more attacking roles, i'd say Sahin is the closest to how scholes plays in real life, i had him on the demo and he did well. Plan on getting him on the full game then getting Scholes to tutor him if lets me.

My game arrived today and I began my game with United... oh no wait, it hasn't come yet because argos are sh*t. So while I sit here depressed could anyone tell me if you can get players such as Coentrao, Poli, Ganso, Pastore and Hazard for similar prices to what they were in the demo?

I found those players cost me a lot more then in the demo, fee and wage wise. Coentrao cost me £9.5 million and he wanted 65,000 a week plus nearly 3 million signing on fee. Hazard cost me about 36 million, with clauses of payments over 48 months. Hamsik was going to cost me 46 million + Magnus Eikram but then Eikram didn't want to move to Napoli so the deal collapsed. Henrique cost me in the region of 30 million.

All I got back was 9 million for Park from Arsenal over 48 months. System doesn't seem very balanced.

I found those players cost me a lot more then in the demo, fee and wage wise. Coentrao cost me £9.5 million and he wanted 65,000 a week plus nearly 3 million signing on fee. Hazard cost me about 36 million, with clauses of payments over 48 months. Hamsik was going to cost me 46 million + Magnus Eikram but then Eikram didn't want to move to Napoli so the deal collapsed. Henrique cost me in the region of 30 million.

All I got back was 9 million for Park from Arsenal over 48 months. System doesn't seem very balanced.

DUDE! I'd suggest you're not very good at negotiation.

My signings so far (running 11.1)

Rafael Toloi (£5.5m over 48 months)

Moussa Sissoko (£14.5M over 48 months)

Romelu Lukaku (£6m over 48 months)

Fabio Coentrao (£7.5m over 48 months)

Yann M'Vila (£13.5m over 48 months)

Paulo Henrique (£14.75 over 48 months)

I havent managed to find a good keeper for a reasonable price yet. Best keeper out there stats wise looks to be Hugo Lloris. Most keepers have really poor concentration or composure.

Apart from that and good old Mikey Phelan complaining that the defense is a little weak (its ok when he sees how my tactic works he wont complain about that).

I dont know how people cant get Chicharito to hit the back of the net. Banged a couple in against Chelsea for me and is looks just plain awesome. First time i've ever signed sissoko but it looks like a stroke of genius because he can play either roles I tend to have in the middle of my midfield.

Changed my Captain to superscot Fletcher which went down amazingly with the team.

Anyone found any good training regimes yet. I've started on my own youth ones but want to see how they turn out before trying to convert to full time ones.

Feel free to enlighten me on how to negotiate then because when I make offers for players that cheap they just get flat out rejected or the club comes to me telling me they'll only accept an offer for xxxxx. So please teach me how to haggle and negotiate, as Utd have no where near enough cash at the start of the game for me to be spending all the money.

Feel free to enlighten me on how to negotiate then because when I make offers for players that cheap they just get flat out rejected or the club comes to me telling me they'll only accept an offer for xxxxx. So please teach me how to haggle and negotiate, as Utd have no where near enough cash at the start of the game for me to be spending all the money.

Ok how to negotiate....

Scout the player (it does seem to have an effect)

Take a look at what the scout says it will cost to sign the player then offer the club a little less than that. For example Eddie Coulter said it would cost 18m to sign Sissoko so I offered 13m.

Provided you are within about 5m of the scouts recommendation you will 7 times out of 10 get a negotiation from the other club.

They will put some ridiculos price in like 28m for sissoko as it happened to me.

I then offered 14m and they suddenly came down to 18m add another 500k and bang they accepted.

Players contracts I tend to reduce signing on fees and wages whilst increasing length in contract. I've found that changing contract clauses can make it very difficult to come to an agreement.

If for example Coentrao wants 65k look at his current contract its about 10k so he's trying to increase his wages by 600% LOL

I offered him about 35k a week and an extra year with 1.8m signing on fee for him and 1.4m for his agent and eventually settled on 38k a week plus an extra year with 2m signing on and 1.4m for his agent.

Dont accept anything at face value in this game. Clubs agents and players are always trying to take you for a ride!

Worth throwing this out again I think. If anyone has a record that they think is worthy of a mention which hasn't already been said let me know.

FM11 Man Utd Records

I've been asked to resurrect this idea for this years thread so take a look at the categories below, get cracking with the game and post your screenshots of your records and you may well get your name up in lights here.

Team Records

Biggest Premier League win - United 10-0 Blackpool = ozzay

Biggest win in a domestic Cup game - Blackpool 0-6 United = ozzay

Biggest win in European Competition - United 7-1 AS Roma = Hood Legend

Most goals scored in one league season -

Most points in one season -

Most games won in a row -

Most games without defeat -

Fastest goal scored - 9 seconds - Eden Hazard vs. West Ham = Tony Hawker

Biggest goal difference at end of season -

Player Records

Most goals scored in one game - Rooney 5 Goals vs. Spartak Moscow = Hetfield

Most goals scored in one season -

Most assists in one season -

Most MotM awards in one season -

Youngest league goalscorer -

Highest average rating over one season -

Transfers

Most spent on one player -

Most received for one player -

Here's another additional little challenge for those looking to play a long term game. Below are the 20 highest goalscorers in United's history (as of 5th November 2010) – see how many newgens from your academy you can manage to break into the hall of fame:

1. Bobby Charlton (1954-73) 249 goals, 199 league goals

2. Denis Law (1962-73) 237 goals, 171 league goals

3. Jack Rowley (1937-54) 211 goals, 182 league goals

4= Dennis Viollet (1950-62) 179 goals, 159 league goals

4= George Best (1963-74) 179 goals, 137 league goals

6. Joe Spence (1919-33) 168 goals, 158 league goals

7. Mark Hughes (1980-86 & 1988-95) 163 goals, 120 league goals

8. Ryan Giggs (1990- ?) 157 goals, 109 league goals

9= Ruud van Nistelrooy (2001-05) 150 goals, 95 league goals

9= Paul Scholes (1994- ?) 150 goals, 102 league go

11. Stan Pearson (1936-54) 148 goals, 127 league goals

12. David Herd (1961-68) 145 goals, 114 league goals