FMS Community Thread / Episode V / Sponsored By Fernando Torres

tenthreeleader

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Abuse is such a strong word 10-3. We're not giving you abuse. We're showing you that we care. Passionately.

EDIT: forgot there's another mod, gav we might be abusing, but as a Geordie, he's probably very used to being abused. And before anyone tries to be clever, I mean that in regards to football, not anything else you sick quacks.

Abuse is such a strong word 10-3. We're not giving you abuse. We're showing you that we care. Passionately.

EDIT: forgot there's another mod, gav we might be abusing, but as a Geordie, he's probably very used to being abused. And before anyone tries to be clever, I mean that in regards to football, not anything else you sick quacks.

As the game says, 'No one can accuse you of lacking commitment'. :)

Carry on.

P.S. Watching Everton/Wolves and enjoying the battle of the American keepers. Hahnemann and Howard are two of my favorites.

And as long as I'm editing, here's 101GG's early candidate for goal of the season

And what's an American mod doing using a Union Flag as an icon for this thread? Use your own flag, Yank :mad:

I was about to post the same. :D

I just had money stuck in a machine. Caps off a really bad week. :(

Just as well Arsenal won. A small bit of consolation there.

[rant] Gah Matlock 1 - 0 Stocksbridge. Matlock had 2 shots all game and one of those includes the own goal by the keeper. Ross Hannah should also have been sent off for a wild tackle. The ref was going to send him off till the linesman told him it was a good tackle. WHO THE F*UCK IS REFFING THIS MATCH?! Stocksbridge meanwhile had about 5 shots saved by the keeper who got man of the match. God I hate those sort of matches! [/rant]

I think the season started today....

How the hell did Drogba get a reputation for being selfish? First to admit that I have only been following the EPL closely for about 2 1/2 years after a decade break, but I kept hearing this last year. All I've seen is a player who, while clearly having some ego issues, is fearlessly unselfish in the game. Yes, he wanted the scoring title last year--do you blame him? But his cross from last year after the touch from behind his body was one of the most gorgeous plays of the year, and today he was just spectacular as a distributor.

I went to see AFC Wimbledon play Tamworth today.

The amount of kick and rush football and headed ping pong was enough to make you chew into your match programme. Hearing about 2,000 people screaming for them to get it on the deck was quite amusing though.

Still, 3-0 for the Wombles and joint top with Luton, not a bad day out all in all.

Haven't done this in a while.

Brilliant Mind - Leave Your Friends Behind

Just spent the last half hour going through some of the you tube links on these pages, so thank you for this fine diversion whilst I wait for Match of The Day.

Best find of mine: Domonique Young Unique - "Show My Ass"

Also liking Ellie Goulding whom I have managed to avoid previously.

I sense an I-tunes session coming on. Elitheral, I thank you, sir.

Someone mentioned in the last thread that throwing up the match previews and reports is probably a bit much...you're probably right. Noted. Moving on.

So I had a moment last night that I thought wouldn't come until I was at least 30. I was at a party for a former coworker who is moving to NY for film school, and as I was drinking beers and having a good time, I had a quick look around and realized I was one of the oldest people there. I'm 23. I was partying with 18 and 19 year olds and worse, some of them were younger siblings and relatives of people I'd grown up with. My best friend's younger cousin was there...I remember when she was 3! AWKWARD. I nearly had a nervous breakdown, had to leave early. I can take the youth in doses, but being at a big party made up of pretty much that entire crowd was...unsettling.

[rant] Gah Matlock 1 - 0 Stocksbridge. Matlock had 2 shots all game and one of those includes the own goal by the keeper. Ross Hannah should also have been sent off for a wild tackle. The ref was going to send him off till the linesman told him it was a good tackle. WHO THE F*UCK IS REFFING THIS MATCH?! Stocksbridge meanwhile had about 5 shots saved by the keeper who got man of the match. God I hate those sort of matches! [/rant]

We beat Buxton 2-1 but, my word, the away side looked a lot more organized than a lot of the shambles we played last season. We were really looking ropey at one all. Oh, and Vardy scored the winner with a fine angled finish and claimed MOM. He's the new darling of The Shay. The fans forums is spewing superlatives like they're going out of fashion.

The Matlock result sounds unlucky.

I will not gloat at all but I did warn you about us Matlock lot, a bunch of dirty little basturds

We beat Buxton 2-1 but, my word, the away side looked a lot more organized than a lot of the shambles we played last season. We were really looking ropey at one all. Oh, and Vardy scored the winner with a fine angled finish and claimed MOM. He's the new darling of The Shay. The fans forums is spewing superlatives like they're going out of fashion.

The Matlock result sounds unlucky.

You'll find most teams to be a lot more organized in this league. It's a tough league and there are no easy games even for Halifax who I expect to win the league. I do hope they do as we would get more money from the Vardy deal :D He's a class player but he does tend to get sent off a fair few times. I hope those aren't the same fans as on the nonleaguezone forum. The Halifax fans on there do give your club a bad name.

The Matlock result was really unlucky, another day I felt we would have won and the ref maybe had more balls. Keepers mistakes tend to cost games and it did for us today. They scored 1 we scored zilch which is the all important stat in football. I'm probobly coming across as all bitter but I tend to feel more aggrieved at a loss when we should have won.

I will not gloat at all but I did warn you about us Matlock lot, a bunch of dirty little basturds

Actually I thought it was quite the opposite except for Hannah. The chants for a yellow from a majority of the fans at times made me wonder which game I was watching. Oh well we didn't take our chances and that is how you win games. Good luck for the rest of the season :thup:

The Matlock result was really unlucky, another day I felt we would have won and the ref maybe had more balls. Keepers mistakes tend to cost games and it did for us today. They scored 1 we scored zilch which is the all important stat in football. I'm probobly coming across as all bitter but I tend to feel more aggrieved at a loss when we should have won.

Actually I thought it was quite the opposite except for Hannah. The chants for a yellow from a majority of the fans at times made me wonder which game I was watching. Oh well we didn't take our chances and that is how you win games. Good luck for the rest of the season :thup:

League starts for real on Tuesday.

Do the additional trilogy that Lucas always promised but is never going to make

Or go into the expanded universe novels. Which mostly suck, but hey.

Oh, and some serious football talk, just to keep things moving: Messi is still quite good.

Whey, goals galore so far.

Martinez at Wigan thinks his team is 'on the way to something special'. Something special at this rate may be getting hammered in every single match this season, they were woeful again. Good to see Arsenal get back some of that killer instinct as well, but Blackpool had a go before a very harsh sending off so credit to em.

Also, I'm off to a decent start in fantasy for this round, thank goodness. Not sure my predictions are stacking up too hot though.

I saw this coming. Now, unless I'm wrong, there's only one episode left? What will we do then?

Oh, we're a creative group. We'll come up with something. It may or may not involve Jar Jar Binks and a pitchfork-carrying mob.

Next time any of you want to complain about the officials in your country missing one call, or perhaps letting things get a little out of control, stop. Stop, and then thank whatever higher authority you worship that you don't have to deal with MLS referees.

Someone mentioned in the last thread that throwing up the match previews and reports is probably a bit much...you're probably right. Noted. Moving on.

So I had a moment last night that I thought wouldn't come until I was at least 30. I was at a party for a former coworker who is moving to NY for film school, and as I was drinking beers and having a good time, I had a quick look around and realized I was one of the oldest people there. I'm 23. I was partying with 18 and 19 year olds and worse, some of them were younger siblings and relatives of people I'd grown up with. My best friend's younger cousin was there...I remember when she was 3! AWKWARD. I nearly had a nervous breakdown, had to leave early. I can take the youth in doses, but being at a big party made up of pretty much that entire crowd was...unsettling.

I get that feeling too. Sometimes I feel like I might as well be carrying around a walker. :p

Next time any of you want to complain about the officials in your country missing one call, or perhaps letting things get a little out of control, stop. Stop, and then thank whatever higher authority you worship that you don't have to deal with MLS referees.

I dread to think if they are worse than the refs in non league. Sometimes I think a donkey is more appropriate at reffing.

I dread to think if they are worse than the refs in non league. Sometimes I think a donkey is more appropriate at reffing.

I agree with you, salkster, I think some of the refs I've seen, both in non-league and the lower reaches of the football league were just making their decisions enitrely randomly. I'm not sure you can get much worse than that.

Archived