FM10 CSE Hall of Fame

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Added SnakeXe & Cerneo to the list of people who have completed dafuge's challenge.

I agree SMSL's dafuge completion was incredible, but I think if he was going to cheat then he'd be a little more subtle about it. In a way, the fact that it is so incredible makes it sound more credible to me.

Still pondering which one to have a go at next, my Merthyr save still has life in it for me at the moment though, and a couple of false starts at Gundo's have made me a little more appreciative of the fun I'm having on that save.

Its not just that, its the manner of the promotions.

and the players used, Gornell is in the starting database as a -6 potential player and yet scored 20 goals in the premiership.

Personally i think this is the most blatant cheating i've ever seen, but like most cheating unless they leave evidence in the screens posted or say so in their posts it can't be conclusively proved.

• 3 weeks later...
Not to sound like the whining fool here, but I just went through all the updates from StephanieMcMahon'sSecretLover and there is simply no way on earth this was done without the use of several cheats. I'm not exactly sure what was done but to consistently achieve such insane goal difference after every promotion not just winning but blowing away the opposition as well as consistent cup shocks starting all the way back in the first season is simply not possible. You just have to compare to the sort of results everyone else gets to see theres something very dodgy going on here, you can let some lucky results slide even lucky unexpected promotion but this is ridiculous.

I agree, the success is just too much, pulling of those kinds of cup upsets is possible not season after season and like you said he dominated every season whereas even the best FM players would struggle along the way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
That's a massive achievement, It's one hell of a challenge!

It is indeed (in my 6th season of it at the moment) but it does seem to allow you to build a bit of a snowball effect when you start so low down the leagues.

A few league wins and maybe a cup and even with a starting rep of Sunday League Footballer your rep will increase to regional or even national. So by the time you reach the BSS/BSN your manager rep is probably similar to starting a game with your rep set to Professional Footballer allowing you to attract better players than can usually be done in the dafuge challenge.

And thats just the effect on your manager rep, the club rep also gets a 'head start' as my teams was already National by the time we hit the BSN.

None of that is to in any way diminish the achievement of completing it, it takes a lot of patience to get to the point of having your own rep and the clubs increase that much, just some of my rambling thoughts on a game started so low down the pyramid.

The game may just need some tweaking in terms of the rep increase given for winning the very low leagues and regional cups.

• 2 weeks later...
PRDH added to the list of people who completed the Big Euro Nation Challenge :thup:

Cheers. Two years running now. Need to decide whether I'm going to give another one a go. I quite fancy being on the multiple list.

Cheers. Two years running now. Need to decide whether I'm going to give another one a go. I quite fancy being on the multiple list.

Best of luck if you do try another. I always liked the South American one although that thread sadly seems to have died or if you fancy a true marathon the Extended English challenge will probably keep you going until FM11 ;)

Archived