The FM 'Give Youth A Chance' Challenge

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You must be (comparatively) minted after that run! :D

Sure (if I knew what that meant in non-english english :p ) :D

6th of October: FA Cup 3rd Round (home, draw)

10th of October: Sussex Charity Cup (home, lost)

13th of October: FA Vase 2nd Round (Away, won)

17th of October: FA Cup 3rd Round Replay (away, ???)

The board is delighted about FA Cup (Superb), and dissappointed with Charity Cup (poor)...

Hello??? Might it have something to do with the fact that the lads played for their life against Oxford 4 days earlier? We were 27 mins away from direct qualification to 4th round, but they whine about the ****** Charity Cup... Jeez :rolleyes:

I feel with you tomo... I did too, but it seems like we are starting to play football now. Changed 442 to 442 Diamond Wide, and after a couple of games I suddenly getting more and more goals from open play:)

4-1 latest against Godalming, 1 goal from corner, 3 from open play (SC*2 + AMC*1) - had 8 out of 15 on target, which is some kind of a record :)

Thanks for that tip.

Just changed to a 442 Diamond and had my first good match in a while.

Using a standard 442 I had played 8 in the league, won my first 2 and drawn the next 8.

Switched to the 442 Diamond and won my next match 2-0, away from home, against a team that were heavy favourites.

Thanks.

Glad I can help someone:)

The record for me with the two different tactics:

442 Flat: 4-2-0 7-3 (6 open play)

442 Diamond: 4-2-0 13-5 (10open play)

I scored 6 goals more and let in 2 more, which means it for me is a better tactic/formation. Even though I scored fewer goals from open play (8.77%), it creates so many more chances, and more goals from my forwards(5 vs 3) that I can live with scoring a bit more from corners:)

You got far enough :p

Just started the new season. Got a few 5-star (assistant reports) youngsters but since 3 of 09/10's 5-star players werent good enough to warm the bench I guess it doesnt mean a lot :p

But 2 are fairly promising (compared to previous year's 5-star flops)

Tony Stone (F C)

Stuart Gillespie (M R)

According to my assistant manager they would be leading stars for most Northern League D1 sides. We'll see :p

Just completed my pre-season, was tarting around the world for a bit of cash -

4-0 Whitchurch Utd Reserves

1-1 Deal

1-1 Blue Star (Sri Lanka)

2-3 Nooristan (Afghanistan)

1-0 Kickers (Afghanistan)

0-5 San Lorenzo (Argentina)

1-4 Vélez (Argentina)

1-0 Bridgnorth

At least we won a game against a foreign team! And after looking at Afghanistan's national team, it's nice SI listed USA as a fierce rival. :p

Two potential stars on my books are Marvin Lambert, a centre mid, and Micky Godfrey, a striker with an attractive finishing attribute!

First league against Verwood, bring it!

I was just hoping for a SS of the list on General View/Info. I hear that someone I work with is one the game as he plays for Westfield, whose clubhouse was recently burnt down in an arson attack!

Ouch :(

Paul Thomas GK

Tommy Williams GK

Andy Stanley GK

David Jones GK

Callum Martin GK

Dave Faulds DR

Danny Dawson DRC

Nathan Winters DRL

Gary Collins DR

Noel Prescott DL

Andy Ward DLC

Michael Hyde DLC

David Grieve DL

Sean Hall DC

Greg Steadman DC

Darren Kelly DC

Martyn Broad DC

Tom Armstrong DC

Jamie Lloyd DM, M C

Matthew Eastwood DM, M C

Terry O'Connor M RL

John Potts M R

Kwame Yahaya M R

Jamie Folkes M R

Nathan Judge M L

Carl Masters M L

Darren Ashby M C

Richard Lee M C

David Burton M C

Karl Joyce M C

Sam Birch M C

Anthony Heywood AM RLC

Liam Smith AM RLC

Joseph Simpson AM L

James Brown AM L, ST

Ben Paterson AM C

Conor Sinclair AM C

John Rice AM C

James Breeze ST

Ashley Smith ST

Jeff Dean ST

Bob Bates ST

Stuart Thompson ST

Jamie Cain ST

Adam Baxter ST

Thats the squad they have - Only one player have left since last season, Michael Needham.

Tell me if he is there, and who it is and I'll give you his stats :D

Just wondering people, you knw when u link the url, how do you change it to what you want to call it for e.g 'Gavin Hart at Great Yarmouth Town' instead of http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/6057/yarmouth.jpg

[url ="http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/6057/yarmouth.jpg"]Whatever you want to name it[/url]
Without the space between URL and =

Im on a roll now:

Wick (H): 3-0

Chichester(A): 2-0

Peaceheaven(A):3-0

Wick was 4th when I met them, Chichester 8, Peaceheaven 1st - Im now top of the league with 3 points and 3 matches in hand :cool:

And the goalscoring have really changed after switching from flat 442 to Wide Diamond - Im already up to 30 goals, only 3 goals less than I scored whole season last year :D

And my top goalscorer overall has one goal more than last years had :)

Doing well there guys :)

You know top flight players complain about fixture congestion and too many matches?

Well, Im currently on 5th of February - We have so far played 25 league games and 25 cup games, and have 13 league and at least 2 cup matches left.

Thats 65 matches - for a Level 9 team :D

Finally finished 2nd season.

Board expected play-offs just after being promoted to Level 9, demanding people...

Highlights

1. Finished #1 in league
  2. FA Cup 3rd round - Losing to Oxford after replay
  3. Finalist Sussex Senior Cup
  4. Winner FA Vase Cup

Teams from higher leagues beaten in cups

1. Bromsgrove (Southern Premier, FA Cup)
  2. Chesham Utd (Southern 1st Div, FA Cup)
  3. Kettering (Blue Square Premier, FA Cup)
  4. Whitehawk (Isthmian 1st Div, Sussex Senior Cup)
  5. Lewes (Blue Square South, Sussex Senior Cup)

Economy

Made a profit of £86K this season, which would have been a loss without the prizemoney of £87K:D

The board have given me a transfer budget of £10K and wage budget of £2K. I guess I dont need the transfer budget, so I just have to put it into the wage budget instead then :p

All in all a good season - now I just have to live up to the board expectation of a playoff place:rolleyes:

Des Tiny's Stone Dominoes

Hopefully not falling like the name suggests

Well I have started a game as the Stone Dominoes in NW Counties Div 1, I quite like the size of my starting squad, but the players look average at this point. Des Tiny is a Scottish-born Kiwi who has come back to take over on of the smallest clubs in England. The youth team looks alright as well.

Des Tiny's Stonbridge Dominoes

Hopefully not falling like the name suggests

Well I have started a game as the Stone Dominoes in NW Counties Div 1, I quite like the size of my starting squad, but the players look average at this point. Des Tiny is a Scottish-born Kiwi who has come back to take over on of the smallest clubs in England. The youth team looks alright as well.

Stone? Not Stoned? :p

GL :)

No not stoned haha, though our game against the reserves is not looking so good at 1-1, though I do like my Youth MR, he is the third best in the squad, but has clear potential at 16 haha, may just start him and build the squad around him. Not only did we draw 1:1, but the friendly brought a huge crowd of 0 to our ground.

Hi guys, I am still going on with my FM09 GYAC challenge, does anyone mind if I post in here (clearly noting that it is the 2009 version of the challenge) so that I have some people following my team?

Let me know if anyone objects, otherwise I'll post my updates in here.

Thanks!

Mark

Well the half way point of the season has come around fairly quick, another season for Worcester Park which has been so inconsistent with us sitting fairly average in the league table. However, there has been some good points so far in the season.

Due to the 'great?' youth facilities :) we have been able to bring through some first-team youth players. The best of the bunch is the left-back who started playing for me at the age of 15, Stuart Hall. The attacking midfielder who has been hit with a bad injurying but has come back stronger, Steve Dukes and lastly, the best finisher in the team, at a remarkable... 7! Matt Johnson. However, there has been one Mr.Consistent for me and that is, Dale Willmott, his peformance in the Tokyngton match was outstanding. Without him we could be much worse off!

Even though the league has looked very dull, we have had one hell of a cup run! We were unfortunate to be knocked out of the FA Vase cup in the 2nd round but have been amazing in the Combined Counties Premier Cup knocking out 2 premier side and one division one side, the main highlight being the latest one, 2-1 win over high flying Cove. Also, we are still in the Combined Counties Division One Cup :)

All in all, looking forward to next half :)

Just reached half way through the first season with this challenge. I am Meir KA, and we are sat in 4th place joint on points with 2nd place after 21 games. Not a very exciting team to watch though, good defence but poor strike force means that only scored 11 and conceeded 11 in these 21 games!

Best 4 players so far this season are regular back four, with 17 year old centre back Michael Russell looking like a good prospect.

Just saw this topic and thought why not? :p I need a break from my Newcastle team anyway. So I started a new game with this database loaded, made a new manager... for Bloxwich United in English West Midlands Premier League Division

Manager - manageri.jpg

Team - bloxwich.jpg

Wish me luck!

I just love some of the name of teams in lower league :D

And sometimes the name combinations made by FM, makes me giggle. My DR scored a goal at home and I found myself saying "Dyke scores at the Crouch" :D

One thing I dont like, is all the cups - After five months of the season (end of December), we have played 16 league matches and 17 cup matches. We have at least 2 cup matches and 26 league matches left. That makes it a total of 61 matches this season - last season we played 69 matches... Poor semi-pros :(

And thanks to the cups, Im currently 3rd in the league with 5 games in hand :)

@super - Thanks :p So far I am enjoying a fair amount of goodluck it seems. Almost at the end of midseason and i'm sitting at the top of the table. My strikers blow monkey bits, miss penalties, and score no more than a maximum of 3-4 goals every 5 matches but hey, a draw is better then nothing :) My defence seems to be quite amazing and has blocked a lot of goals.

I'll post the league table once I reach midseason...a couple hours I guess if I can stop watching star trek :p

Its funny how after a goal the commentary goes "The stewards struggle to hold the fans back!" and there are like 65 people watching the match lol

Ok what is with all the cards at this level, didn't have a problem in pre-season but just played my first league game and had six yellow cards and one red card. Didn't think too much of it, played my next game which was in the cup and got five yellow cards and three red cards. Checked my tackling instructions and it is at default.

Anyone else having this problem? Or have I just been a little unlucky?

Guest roberto922

I was looking for a reason to do a new level 10 save for the small club to big club extended edition, I think I've found one :) Gonna go look at clubs now.

Ok what is with all the cards at this level, didn't have a problem in pre-season but just played my first league game and had six yellow cards and one red card. Didn't think too much of it, played my next game which was in the cup and got five yellow cards and three red cards. Checked my tackling instructions and it is at default.

Anyone else having this problem? Or have I just been a little unlucky?

All players have bad tackling stats. And other bad stats too. So I'd expect alot of cards, and penalties. :thdn:

Archived