The FM 'Give Youth A Chance' Challenge

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if anyone is on this thread anymore (or if this is set-up elsewhere?) but I am going to give this a crack on FM2012 just on the regular game with no extra leagues so starting in BSS.

Loaded up past the first season with 'Holiday Man' and chose Lewes for my EPIC adventure - here is my profile:

Looking at the team I have inherited I am hopeful I have a good chance of at least a first season play off place. Familiar names in my team include Michael Branch (once an Everton prospect I think who kind of vanished - still only 33) plus Matt Somner (ex Notts C and Mansfield midfielder) plus Malvin Kamara - a winger who was at MK Dons.

I have five youth players from the off and a 'limited youth recruitment network' so I better hope my starting squad can carry me for a few seasons. One of my five youngsters walked out in the first week - not sure why - good luck to the lad! Probably didnt realise he actually had a chance here - ill track and see where he ends up.

A couple of names to watch out for - Javlon Campbell is an ex Bolton youth striker and has some good attributes + is only 19 so I am hopeful he can do me a job for a while. I also have a couple of good young wingers including an Italian named Christian Nanetti.

Pretty much set to go now with a team in mind - got a few big friendlies lined up to try and boost the coffers so I can work towards improving the all important youth facilities.

And so we take our first steps down the long road to the Premier League.... can it be done?

Hopefully someone will read this and get the urge to give it a go - come on, give it a shot!

Archived